The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Night 4)

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Night 4: Mr. Popular

Bullzeye was feeling the heat in the city. He knew it was only a matter of time before the lynch mob that had formed would set their sights on him.

He decided to take a walk into the trails around Keystone. Perhaps some time on the peaceful dirt roads would clear his mind.

But other parties had their own plans for Bullz. One of them set up camp on the road ahead of Bullzeye, ready to attack the hapless wanderer. But before he could act, a yell echoed out from down the trail.

The stranger ran over to the sound's origin, disappointed to find that Bullzeye was already dead, bashed over the head with a stone.

Bullzeye has been killed.

It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours to vote.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

RIP Bullz
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Draconus »

Aww RIP Bullz.

It looks like 2 people/parties were out to kill Bullz last night.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, so I'm never going to have time to actually read back through this thread, but as I said earlier, I have been keeping up from time to time.

I'm glad people recognize that traditional ways of approaching this game are not particularly fitting for this game, since your classic "baddies" and "civvies" don't really exist here.

The closest to "civvies" there even is are the New Rogues, but even then, since there are only a handful or so, it changes the dynamic of this game.

People are acting shocked as if the lynches have been really weird, but I can't fathom why, since they're par for the course for what I would expect in a game of this nature, where most parties are seemingly out for themselves. This game strikes me really as more of a meld of 50% LMS and 50% unconventional take on traditional mafia, closer to Monopoly than most other games on this site, in my opinion.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass, I understand how you reached the conclusion that Roxy is Captain Cold, thank you. It makes sense to me. That said, I'm not necessarily convinced I should trust you at the moment. Can you elaborate upon that?

What is that people are seeing in timmer exactly that makes him worthy of votes? Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been answered, but I finally have just a little bit of time, and I'm trying to ground myself in a game that I've only been occasionally skimming from an outsider's perspective.

Just a warning: I may not be incredibly active this game, since my mafia plate is overfilling, and my RL has been nuts and will continue to be for at least two weeks, but I'll try my best.

If everyone had to vote for a player right now, who would it be for and why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP: Sorry, folks. I meant OLD Rogues as to civilians, not new, obviously.

To answer my own question, I'm unsure of where to vote at the moment, but I'm currently trying to ground myself in this game and will provide an answer as soon as possible.

Given the nature of this game, it seems that most parties would want to minimize unnecessary conflict and accomplish their win conditions all the while appearing as reasonable and receptive to others as possible, yes?

I understand why it makes sense for everyone to appear civilian-friendly for the beginning of the game, but once a significant number of Old Rogues are dead, this game could take on more of an LMS-style.

It seems to me that we would want to eliminate players who seem unlikely to offer any harm to us, but simultaneously the argument can be made to eliminate those who could offer no benefit as well.

Where is Soneji? I've played with him on NF and was looking forward to hearing from him here. I may vote his way just to jolt his attention if I don't find a more productive use toDay.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

Soneji hasn't posted in days.

And I think Timmer is bad. I am not sure if I can really articulate why. I gave him the BOTD yesterday because he told me something I know to be true, and he had no way to know that. BUT that does not make him a civ. He called out me & Roxy from his first posts in the game, and I know he was wrong about me. And, in retrospect, I think Epi was right, although at the time I thought his whole story was crap. Having gone back & reread him, I think I may have misjudged him, and I think Roxy may have as well.

I will go back tomorrow and try to see if I can put a case together out of the thread based on what my gut is telling me.

I think Bass has a really good point about Roxy. And I think there might be some serious opposition not just from real CC, but also from real Heatwave if what he says was not so. And I think it's because Roxy was CC.

I am looking forward to your thoughts, MP. Also to Dreamys.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:EBWOP: Sorry, folks. I meant OLD Rogues as to civilians, not new, obviously.

Where is Soneji? I've played with him on NF and was looking forward to hearing from him here. I may vote his way just to jolt his attention if I don't find a more productive use toDay.
Honestly, I was really hoping that wasn't a typo so that I could grill you on it. :P It would also be interesting if someone actually had that opinion.

I deleted it out of the quote already, but I'm not sure who to vote for today. I was initially leaning towards Bass until he made those most recent posts and SVS reacted the way she did. Not quite sure how to interpret the situation...

Also, I was considering tossing a vote your way to do the same! ;airguitar:
S~V~S wrote:And I think Timmer is bad. I am not sure if I can really articulate why. I gave him the BOTD yesterday because he told me something I know to be true, and he had no way to know that. BUT that does not make him a civ. He called out me & Roxy from his first posts in the game, and I know he was wrong about me. And, in retrospect, I think Epi was right, although at the time I thought his whole story was crap. Having gone back & reread him, I think I may have misjudged him, and I think Roxy may have as well.
I look forward to seeing your case tomorrow, SVS. For now can you elaborate on what you are referring to in regards to Epi? What do you think he was he right about?

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Dang! I think my 1000th post was my first multi-quote XD

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He said that Eloh, whom Timmer replaced, was bad. Looking back on it, I can't see any reason how he would benefit from that if she were other than bad. Even if he was bad himself, it would be a cred thing for him since she did not want to play anyhow.

The more I think on it, the more I think I believe Epi may have been right.

I would like to know who Timmer, and LC, want to lynch.

I also find it odd that this night, the host did not really specify who killed, just how many. That is different, and I wonder why that is.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:Soneji hasn't posted in days.

And I think Timmer is bad. I am not sure if I can really articulate why. I gave him the BOTD yesterday because he told me something I know to be true, and he had no way to know that. BUT that does not make him a civ. He called out me & Roxy from his first posts in the game, and I know he was wrong about me. And, in retrospect, I think Epi was right, although at the time I thought his whole story was crap. Having gone back & reread him, I think I may have misjudged him, and I think Roxy may have as well.

I will go back tomorrow and try to see if I can put a case together out of the thread based on what my gut is telling me.

I think Bass has a really good point about Roxy. And I think there might be some serious opposition not just from real CC, but also from real Heatwave if what he says was not so. And I think it's because Roxy was CC.

I am looking forward to your thoughts, MP. Also to Dreamys.
Define "bad".
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:He said that Eloh, whom Timmer replaced, was bad. Looking back on it, I can't see any reason how he would benefit from that if she were other than bad. Even if he was bad himself, it would be a cred thing for him since she did not want to play anyhow.

The more I think on it, the more I think I believe Epi may have been right.

I would like to know who Timmer, and LC, want to lynch.

I also find it odd that this night, the host did not really specify who killed, just how many. That is different, and I wonder why that is.
But this doesn't make that much sense to me, since Epi even admitted he was just trying to get Elo out of the game, and that the only reason he thought she was bad is that she seemed disengaged (and thus didn't have BTSC). Correct? Or am I misremembering?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote: Also, I was considering tossing a vote your way to do the same! ;airguitar:
Good thing you didn't. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:I would like to know who Timmer, and LC, want to lynch.
One of the main things on my mind is the Bass-Timmer thing. I'm probably not alone in that I will continue to think that Bass is Heat Wave going forward, even though he claims he's not. It just all feels too much like that right now. Whether that's true or not, I don't really want to lynch him unless Llama does.

So where does that leave Timmer? Is it possible for them both to be not New Rogues or Arch-Villains? Maybe, I'd like to know from Timmer, Bass, and S~V~S if that is possible or impossible.

As for the rest of the living players, I'm going to have to do some rereading and poll-looking and see what I see. I can't point at one of them right now and say "that's who I think is a baddie". Maybe investigating Bullzeye's death could lead to someone... it could be misdirection, but two instances of misdirection? Some degree less likely. So maybe I'll have a look at Bullzeye's interactions and see where that leads me.

I was a bit suspicious of Soneji for "laying low", and his frustrated-seeming comment, but that seems barely worth mentioning now that he's MIA. I do find it funny that he's Soniji in the poll though. :)
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by timmer »

Looking back at Bass 2.0 to try to figure him out.

He subbed back in on Day 3. At the time, Roxy had map BTSC with Aces. Before Day 3 was over, Bass had already mentioned his idea that Roxy was the Capt. So, unless he is Heat Wave, the idea would not have come from BTSC, thus it makes sense to say that he genuinely came up with the idea from thread evidence.

Day Alt 3 then begins.

Bass agrees with me about voting for BF and does so after me.

He says at one point "I wish Roxy or Aces could answer my question." indicating even less of a chance that Bass shares BTSC with Roxy, thus even less chance that he is Heat Wave if Roxy if the Capt.

BF is lynched and then boom, Bass hits me with the "1.Timmer is lying about what happen with Roxy in his BTSC. Roxy was Captian Cold. If you don't believe me look at who Cold killed. It was Donner party mafia all over again. Roxy left a trail for everyone to follow but everyone is to busy eating out of Timmer's hand."

So here's what I think.

If Roxy was Capt. Cold, then she couldn't have known who BF was, because she never suggested to be that I should not vote for him. After the BF lynch, my initial reaction was to assume that Roxy had lied to me. However, some of the content of that chat fits with Bass' thoughts regarding her, so it could be I misread the situation. If she was the Capt. and BF had never found her, we have have just not known anything.

That said, what Bass is MISSING here is that even if Roxy WAS the Capt., it doesn't make me bad. I interpreted what went on in btsc as best that I could. I came to the conclusions that I thought were correct. If I made a mistake, which I won't know until post-game, then so be it, I've made plenty of those. But I'm not lying about any of this, I've spent this entire game trying my best to find cases and flesh them out, and people have called me pushy, and all kinds of things for it.

My main point is, if you think Roxy was the Capt., the fact that I didn't doesn't make me bad.

Now, the flip side to all of this is, could Bass and Roxy have been/be baddie teammates? The only way I could see it is if one of them was Blacksmith and had checked the other before Day 3 started, but that is horribly unlikely. Bass 2.0 was an absent player at the time, so either he was Blacksmith and hadn't been checking people since it was an absent role, or Blacksmith chose to check an absent role. Neither is likely at all. I don't see how the remaining arch-villains would have had btsc, so that doesn't fit, either.

My best guess: Bass clued into something about Roxy but is wrong about me. Or Bass was wrong about Roxy, but I'm not sure about any of that anymore. I misunderstood thing sin the heat of the moment, but am not bad.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@LC, here's my defence.

While you had first brought up the idea that Bass 1.0's posts were pingy, I jumped all over that EARLY with my conspiracy theory about him being Double Down. It wasn't at a time when Bass was a sure lynch or anything, I brought that up early. So if I were a New Rogue, would I torpedo a teammate like that, that early? Some people, like Dom let's say, go after teammates all of the time. We know this. Anyone who has been my baddie buddy knows that I only turn on a teammate when I feel like the writing is on the wall. This was not that case, so let's face it, I'm not a new Rogue.

So that leaves one lone role that anyone should even care about me being, and that is Grodd. (unless someone is a New Rogue, of course). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Grodd hasn't killed since Night 1, so I'd guess he's not around, or inactive.

Apart from that, I've just got to say that I can't believe SVS is bringing up Epig's idea from Day 0 to try to make a case on me. Like, really? I don't think you're bad SVS, I've got ideas on your role, but I think you WANT me to be bad for whatever reason.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Now that I've got that out there, I'd like to hear from llama to help clear things up, hopefully.
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:@LC, here's my defence.

While you had first brought up the idea that Bass 1.0's posts were pingy, I jumped all over that EARLY with my conspiracy theory about him being Double Down. It wasn't at a time when Bass was a sure lynch or anything, I brought that up early. So if I were a New Rogue, would I torpedo a teammate like that, that early? Some people, like Dom let's say, go after teammates all of the time. We know this. Anyone who has been my baddie buddy knows that I only turn on a teammate when I feel like the writing is on the wall. This was not that case, so let's face it, I'm not a new Rogue.

So that leaves one lone role that anyone should even care about me being, and that is Grodd. (unless someone is a New Rogue, of course). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Grodd hasn't killed since Night 1, so I'd guess he's not around, or inactive.

Apart from that, I've just got to say that I can't believe SVS is bringing up Epig's idea from Day 0 to try to make a case on me. Like, really? I don't think you're bad SVS, I've got ideas on your role, but I think you WANT me to be bad for whatever reason.
I find that very interesting that you say that because my leading theory is that you are Grodd. I couldn't mention this last day because I was mind controlled. I really wish someone could have helped me out with my last question...
Black Rock wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:For record, I was not cursed technically, I was mind controlled or some shit. :nicenod:
Do you know what role does this? I couldn't find it in the roles so maybe a secret. I have a suspicion but would like to hear others opinions first.
Because this has gone unanswered I have to make my own conclusions. Because of the nature of mind control I believe you to bad and more specifically I believe you to be Grodd.
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

It's not interesting really, it's just a fact. The win conditions for the Old Rogues are to eliminate the New Rogues and Grodd, so of course I'd mention him.

I can see which way this game is turning. Frankly, my team is decimated, if Bass is right about his thoughts about Roxy. Capt. Cold already had two NKs which means I've got just one friend left if that's who Roxy was. So I'll hold my vote to see if I can do anything with it, but this is the New Rogues' game at this point, it's obvious, and I haven't got enough leads to try to fight. You'll see I was civ in post-game. I'm not sure what else to say. :noble:
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:It's not interesting really, it's just a fact. The win conditions for the Old Rogues are to eliminate the New Rogues and Grodd, so of course I'd mention him.

I can see which way this game is turning. Frankly, my team is decimated, if Bass is right about his thoughts about Roxy. Capt. Cold already had two NKs which means I've got just one friend left if that's who Roxy was. So I'll hold my vote to see if I can do anything with it, but this is the New Rogues' game at this point, it's obvious, and I haven't got enough leads to try to fight. You'll see I was civ in post-game. I'm not sure what else to say. :noble:
I understand why you are claiming that but I find it hard to believe. Unless someone can give me a better explanation on who is mind controlling I shall continue to believe you are Grodd. All the evidence I have from night stuff points to you being Grodd.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 4)

Post by Long Con »

Black Rock wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:For record, I was not cursed technically, I was mind controlled or some shit. :nicenod:
Do you know what role does this? I couldn't find it in the roles so maybe a secret. I have a suspicion but would like to hear others opinions first.
I had an opinion, it was roughly 12 hours before you asked:
Long Con wrote:I don't read Flash comics, but I did read Grodd's wiki page. It says he has "vast psionic powers", which meshes with the Gorilla in the show last night, so I would assume he is the one mind controlling people.
It's Day 5 now... Black Rock was mind controlled on Day 4, and Rabbit was mind controlled on Day 2. Metalmarsh, were you mind controlled to vote Bullzeye and use "Timmer" instead of other pronouns on Day 3? Or was that a "curse", or what?

Also, Llama... you have the Pied Piper at your disposal, it's no secret. Is there any guidance you can give us from Pipes McGee and his infocheck?

And as a final thought for this post, I wonder if a new letter is revealed in the roles? I'm starting to really want Grodd's role revealed more.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Aww RIP Bullz.

It looks like 2 people/parties were out to kill Bullz last night.
And yet one of them wasn't me. :huh:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote: Also, Llama... you have the Pied Piper at your disposal, it's no secret. Is there any guidance you can give us from Pipes McGee and his infocheck?
I'm not entirely sure how trustworthy that info is at the moment, and I don't like infodumping, so I'll stay quiet about it for now.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Black Rock wrote:
timmer wrote:It's not interesting really, it's just a fact. The win conditions for the Old Rogues are to eliminate the New Rogues and Grodd, so of course I'd mention him.

I understand why you are claiming that but I find it hard to believe. Unless someone can give me a better explanation on who is mind controlling I shall continue to believe you are Grodd. All the evidence I have from night stuff points to you being Grodd.
Also, this is a bit meta, but I think it's worth saying. This is my first game with splints in over a year. I was kind of excited about that. Who here honestly thinks that I would NK her on night 1? I'm not Grodd.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And SVS has already insinuated that there was something regarding me and BF on Night 1. So unless you think she is lying about that, that's furthur proof that killing Splints was not what I was up to that night. Furthur proof that I am not Grodd. And my push against Bass 1.0 should show that I am not a New Rogue.
My siggie.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Bass 1.0 got lynched day 2 . Its a great way to get civ cred.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:Bass, I understand how you reached the conclusion that Roxy is Captain Cold, thank you. It makes sense to me. That said, I'm not necessarily convinced I should trust you at the moment. Can you elaborate upon that?

What is that people are seeing in timmer exactly that makes him worthy of votes? Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been answered, but I finally have just a little bit of time, and I'm trying to ground myself in a game that I've only been occasionally skimming from an outsider's perspective.

Just a warning: I may not be incredibly active this game, since my mafia plate is overfilling, and my RL has been nuts and will continue to be for at least two weeks, but I'll try my best.

If everyone had to vote for a player right now, who would it be for and why?
I don't know how I can elaborate. I mean read the thread I have been up front about everything. If I was trying to help the new rouges win I would have never defended Roxy.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

This whole Bass-Timmer back and forth has been quite confusing to me. I'm beginning to trust Bass more as time goes on. I'm glad BR brought up her theory that Timmer is Grodd and that LC mentioned that Grodd's wiki mentions mind control. I did find potential in Grodd's hidden description for these 2 words.

Gorilla Grodd (????????) – He wants Keystone and Central City all for himself and his gorilla empire. He is the Serial Killer a~~ ~s ~~~~~e ~~ a~~ mind control. ~e~a~se ~~ ~r~~~’s ~e~e~a~~~~ ~~~er, ~e ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~ere e~er~ ~~a~er ~s a~~ ~~a~ ~~e~’re ~~ ~~ ~~r~~~ ~~e ~a~e.

I am unable to make out most of the rest of it, though.
As for Timmer being Grodd, I'm not 100% convinced atm. But it seems to be a good lead to follow up on. I'd like to hear the opinions of others on this matter.

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:And SVS has already insinuated that there was something regarding me and BF on Night 1. So unless you think she is lying about that, that's furthur proof that killing Splints was not what I was up to that night. Furthur proof that I am not Grodd. And my push against Bass 1.0 should show that I am not a New Rogue.
Ok Timmer,I can be open to new thoughts today. I have slept on it. Maybe you're being framed. The nature of my mind control seemed to play right into your theories last day. When I received the mind control I watched the thread to see who was picking up on things and which player seemed to benefit from what I was saying. If it was not you then who might want to frame you? There were other aspects to it that seemed to point right at you. I also found it interesting that I was one of the two people that voted you the day before and I was suspecting you, all of a sudden I had to switch gears away from you. I am trying to be vague about this as I'm not sure what I can say about the mind control.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, so it's not Grodd that is controlling people's minds. It it the Secret Role, who I now expose as... The Top! :noble: dun dun dunnnnn.....

I solved Grodd's role:

Gorilla Grodd (????????) – He wants Keystone and Central City all for himself and his gorilla empire. He is the Serial Killer and is immune to all mind control. Because of Grodd’s telepathic power, he will know where every player is and what they’re up to during the game.

So he's immune to mind control, but he doesn't control others. Looks like he gets a lot of map awareness, not sure what information is gained through knowing "what players are up to".

The Super Secret role (still some words missing):

The Top – He can spin…really fast. ~~~~~ ~~~~s targeted at him will be redirected to a random player. His spinning a~~~~~~es s~~e~~~ gave him the power to mind control as well. Every night, he can choose a player to act as he wishes during the next day.

So... the person Black Rock is looking for is The Top, aka the Super Secret Role, and not Grodd.

I wonder if Grodd's serial killer ability is map based? :faint: He knows where everyone is, and can come and hunt them down, maybe?

Anyways, disclaimer, any and all of my role solutions could be wrong, so it would be sensible for someone else to cross-check and verify my solutions to be more sure.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Ok, well it's still a baddie role. I imagine Timmer will say he's not that role either. I can't shake the feeling that is was Timmer that mind controlled me. He was the only player that would advantage out of this particular mind control.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Guys sorry to be afk all day. My niece is sick, she has appendicitis. I am unlikely to be back tonight, & will be gone most of tomorrow, too. I will pop in when/if time allows. Again, sorry, gonna vote now for Yimmer in case I don't get back, although I am sure I will.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

I'm here.
RIP Bullz

Doesn't anyone find it weird that when we finally get replacements for some of the players, two people went for a kill this night, and it doesn't say who they were? To me that screams one of the replacements made the kill and in order to not make it obvious, the identities are left vague.
If llama didn't kill, then perhaps Captain cold isn't dead, and it wasn't Roxy, and that's another person who made the kill. Not sure about that though.

As for Bullz, maybe the baddies thought his plan, whatever it was, was better than we gave it credit for, or at least they understood it better than us.

MP is trying to be helpful without really saying anything. I'm not sure if it's because he's bad, or because he really doesn't know what's going on.

As for Timmer, I have no idea what BR knows. I started out thinking he's bad, and then when he found Double down, it made me feel a lot better about him. I guess he could have outed Bass for the credit, but as someone who has no problem throwing her team under the bus, I agree on doing it only when they're going down anyway. I don't know if that's how Timmer plays, but maybe we need to check how early he voted for Bass among the Bass voters. As for Grodd, I have no idea, but judging from the last episode of the Flash, it's definitely him doing the mind control.

BR, how did Timmer advantage from mind controlling you?

SVS, I hope you niece feel better :hugs:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:Ok, so it's not Grodd that is controlling people's minds. It it the Secret Role, who I now expose as... The Top! :noble: dun dun dunnnnn.....

I solved Grodd's role:

Gorilla Grodd (????????) – He wants Keystone and Central City all for himself and his gorilla empire. He is the Serial Killer and is immune to all mind control. Because of Grodd’s telepathic power, he will know where every player is and what they’re up to during the game.

So he's immune to mind control, but he doesn't control others. Looks like he gets a lot of map awareness, not sure what information is gained through knowing "what players are up to".

The Super Secret role (still some words missing):

The Top – He can spin…really fast. ~~~~~ ~~~~s targeted at him will be redirected to a random player. His spinning a~~~~~~es s~~e~~~ gave him the power to mind control as well. Every night, he can choose a player to act as he wishes during the next day.

So... the person Black Rock is looking for is The Top, aka the Super Secret Role, and not Grodd.

I wonder if Grodd's serial killer ability is map based? :faint: He knows where everyone is, and can come and hunt them down, maybe?

Anyways, disclaimer, any and all of my role solutions could be wrong, so it would be sensible for someone else to cross-check and verify my solutions to be more sure.
LOL, I missed this post somehow. Well, I guess I was wrong about Grodd doing the mind control.

As for the secret role, how about "Night kills targeted at him will be redirected to a random player.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:Guys sorry to be afk all day. My niece is sick, she has appendicitis. I am unlikely to be back tonight, & will be gone most of tomorrow, too. I will pop in when/if time allows. Again, sorry, gonna vote now for Yimmer in case I don't get back, although I am sure I will.
Yimmer is not playing this game man. :p
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

FZ. wrote:I'm here.
RIP Bullz

Doesn't anyone find it weird that when we finally get replacements for some of the players, two people went for a kill this night, and it doesn't say who they were? To me that screams one of the replacements made the kill and in order to not make it obvious, the identities are left vague.
If llama didn't kill, then perhaps Captain cold isn't dead, and it wasn't Roxy, and that's another person who made the kill. Not sure about that though.

As for Bullz, maybe the baddies thought his plan, whatever it was, was better than we gave it credit for, or at least they understood it better than us.

MP is trying to be helpful without really saying anything. I'm not sure if it's because he's bad, or because he really doesn't know what's going on.

As for Timmer, I have no idea what BR knows. I started out thinking he's bad, and then when he found Double down, it made me feel a lot better about him. I guess he could have outed Bass for the credit, but as someone who has no problem throwing her team under the bus, I agree on doing it only when they're going down anyway. I don't know if that's how Timmer plays, but maybe we need to check how early he voted for Bass among the Bass voters. As for Grodd, I have no idea, but judging from the last episode of the Flash, it's definitely him doing the mind control.

BR, how did Timmer advantage from mind controlling you?

SVS, I hope you niece feel better :hugs:
I have to cook dinner right now, I was just checking in for a minute. I'll explain it more after I check with the host and have time to pull some quotes.
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Good job to LC and FZ on the roles. I was actually going to say night kills will be redirected too.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FZ, I totally agree that it seems strange that the kills started back up (if I read your post correctly) or are coming more frequently after all of these replacements came into the game. Now being a replacement myself, let me go ahead and say that I do not have a night action. Period. I don't think I can say anymore without incurring MR's wrath. :grin:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Half the living people haven't even posted yet today. :evileye:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I know! I still have no idea where I'm going to vote for!

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

There's not much more I have to say on things until a few more people check in. And even though he HAS posted today, I would like to hear more from Timmer.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 5)

Post by Mister Rearranger »

If it's easier for anyone, I can always extend the deadline to Monday. I didn't even consider that checking in on Mothers Day might be tricky for some.

If that's the case, don't be afraid to PM me!
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I will say I don't think timmer is Grood.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MR I will go ahead and say yes please! I am having extended family over so this will be particularly difficult for me.

@LC: :haha: was that supposed to say "good" or "Grodd?"

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

EBWOP: That was Bass who said that.

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Grodd. Sorry about that.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm not going to be around today, I'm stranded at work on a busy day. I've got no other way to defend these charges; he's a new Rogue! No, he's Grodd! no, he's The Top!

I'm an Old Rogue, and none of those other roles. The fact is, if you look at the win conditions for the various groups, it's entirely likely that some of the people so urgently trying to get me lynched are New Rogues trying to win the game. By my count, there are two of us left, so they are very close, as the indies will win no matter what. But there aren't enough of my group left to make a difference today, and so it's really up to the indies and detectives etc to decide if they want to deal with a new Rogue dominant game or not. I can't defend any better than that, and whatever this mystery reason is that Black Rock has for me being bad seems to be taking a lot of time to emerge and it's likely either a frame job on me or she's making it up. Either way, I haven't been mind controlling anybody.

I can only hope for the best, Happy Mother's Day!
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
I had an opinion, it was roughly 12 hours before you asked:
Long Con wrote:I don't read Flash comics, but I did read Grodd's wiki page. It says he has "vast psionic powers", which meshes with the Gorilla in the show last night, so I would assume he is the one mind controlling people.
It's Day 5 now... Black Rock was mind controlled on Day 4, and Rabbit was mind controlled on Day 2. Metalmarsh, were you mind controlled to vote Bullzeye and use "Timmer" instead of other pronouns on Day 3? Or was that a "curse", or what?

Also, Llama... you have the Pied Piper at your disposal, it's no secret. Is there any guidance you can give us from Pipes McGee and his infocheck?

And as a final thought for this post, I wonder if a new letter is revealed in the roles? I'm starting to really want Grodd's role revealed more.
I was mind-controlled yes. I didn't say so much at the time because I wasn't sure how explicit I could be.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am sorry guys, I have family visiting me and gave not had time for getting online. But they leave early this evening so once they are gone I will catch up and play properly. Very very sorry. :puppy:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I still think timmer is the way to go, but I'll be back this evening to talk about it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”