The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 235

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 5)

Post by timmer »

BR, I looked back, I don't see anything from that time period that would explain your mind control, if it's true. Day 3.2 I mostly discussed BF and DH, casting an eye on both, and voted BF. I never posted at all night 3, which is when your mind control would have been sent in. So I don't see anything to gain from anyone. If it was DH, why support me after I cast suspicion on him? If it was someone else, why support me like that, unless The Top figured I was either playing a) a fellow baddie or b) playing so poorly that it made sense to keep me around.

Either way, this tells me something about the quality of my play in this game, but I assure you, it wasn't my idea. But I guess I can understand why you were thinking the way you do.

@MP, where have I pulled away from that claim?
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I did not make this game personal. I think that can be made evidently clear. I even handled it well by saying she should take this out of the thread. Why she brought it up AGAIN in thread is beyond me.
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
I appreciate your attempt to make light of the situation, but it's best to let it be, I think.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Finished.

????????????????? – He may spin… really fast. Night kills directed at him will be redirected at a random player. His spinning abilities somehow gave him the power to mind control as well. Every night, he may choose a player to act as he wishes during the next day.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Llama, what are your current thoughts, as a confirmed Detective role?
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote: And Thank YOu. It's scary cause she's non verbal autistic, and it's hard sometimes to tell if something serious is wrong. She acted exactly the same, my sister said, as she does when she is having bathroom problems. So they gave her laxatives for over 24 hours before they called the doctor. They live hours from here, and there are pets here etc., so logistics etc. Rough weekend :faint:
I don't think I'll be able to catch back up tonight. But I wanted to pop in and say that I sincerely hope that everything goes well with your niece SVS. I've been rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy before. It sucks something aweful. I actually remember thinking that I was just having digestive issues for several hours before someone in my family suggested that I might be having appendix problems. So yeah, please keep us posted! Hope all goes well! :hugs:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Finished.

????????????????? – He may spin… really fast. Night kills directed at him will be redirected at a random player. His spinning abilities somehow gave him the power to mind control as well. Every night, he may choose a player to act as he wishes during the next day.
Didn't LC decode that a few days ago? :noble:
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer, maybe I misunderstood, but what I was referring to was the following:
timmer wrote:Everyone, let me just start by saying I'm sorry for how shit I've been playing. It's been a stressful few days and I've let it make my play sloppy and cheap.

That said, MP, I think this IS a faction game, but it is NOT an LMS game. It won't ever get to be a true LMS game, i don't think. And you're right, wrapping oneself in the civvie flag is kind of pointless (and again,kind of cheap on my part... I get that way when I'm distracted, I'm well aware).

It all comes down to who is lying to the thread, and that's where my current paralysis comes from. I have lost trust in the things i thought I knew, and as such I don't know what to think. :(

My thoughts are going out to your niece, SVS, that sounds like a horrible time over there :(
Are you indeed holding onto the Old Rogue claim then?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:

Didn't LC decode that a few days ago? :noble:
:evileye: Not the whole thing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:FTR, I do not believe SVS is a New Rogue, and I wouldn't recommend a lynch in that direction.

I could get behind a Sophie lynch I suppose, as she has been posting here and there but hasn't really contributed anything.

FZ seems cool. llama's obv cool. Rabbit and Long Con seem indy. I've got a beef with BR over the still absent reasons she thinks I mind controlled her.
I'm feeling good about you, Tim, and SVS's recent response makes me feel better about her. I have no beef with Sophie, or FZ. I could always get behind a Rabbit lynch though. No opinion on LC and BR. I think MP is all right too. I also concur with the recent Daisy trust, because I thought I saw something too. I believe the New Rogues are the quiet ones, sitting back and laughing at our inability to catch them. What's the story with DREAM?

As Dio once said "DREAM Evil"

Changing my vote to DREAM. Dio don't lie.

linki MP: those are my current thoughts. Lynch DREAM or Rabbit.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Duly noted, Llama. Why rabbit, just because he's been quiet? If so, why not Sophie or Soneji or someone else?

I need to seriously check into Mafia Addicts Anonymous now because I still have a lot to complete before tomorrow morning at 8:00AM, so see you folks later.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:timmer, maybe I misunderstood, but what I was referring to was the following:

Are you indeed holding onto the Old Rogue claim then?
I'm not changing anything that I've claimed at all, no. But I acknowledge that my methods today and recently were quite sloppy... it's what I get for trying to keep up with the game while I'm at work and arguing on the phone with doctors about how to treat their patients. :eek:
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:@BR, thanks for fleshing that out, and I can sympathize on busy weekends.

So you were told to both make a case linking Roxy/Aces, AND to not suspect me? If that's true, I cannot wait for post-game to find out the strategy behind that, as it was not me.

Is there someone I was publicly supporting who Roxy and Aces were suspecting at the time? I'm going to have to read back and see, because that would be your spinning Top.
If you are being framed, they did a good job. It supported your theory and made sure I dropped you entirely.

I have not voted yet and will not vote until I look into the "framing" theory. It just might not be tonight because my eyes are tired and I still want to watch Game of Thrones.

I am so glad the day was extended, I would have totally missed the vote.

linki MP: I'm not sure now, I was more sure yesterday. I have also been suspecting Timmer before this. Some of his posts were wishy-washy, indecisive, and did not read civvie. He did clearly claim Old Rogue earlier and now it would seem he is not? To me that is back to the wishy-washy behaviour that made me suspect him in the first place. It could be a set up or just a big old WIFOM. If I were to trust my gut I
would vote for Timmer.

Way too much linki now, read later.
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Rabbit is interesting. I can remember exactly two things about him in this case. 1) that he said he was forced to vote for BF and 2) that he spent a long while sayin gLC was bad and then,,, just kind of stopped. Now, having been in some interesting places in this game, I can maybe understand how that change of heart happened, but it seems that once rabbit's LC thoughts changed that he just... stopped. Same with Daisy, she's just sort of stopped. But it kind of makes me think that a large majority of the indies have remained unscathed in this game, and that it might explain the malaise some quiet players are showing... when you don't have a horse in the race and just have to be there, some people have a hard time caring much. I have to wonder how many Old and New rogues are even left? And we haven't heard from Grodd since early on, unless one of the Bullz kills was from him?
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Duly noted, Llama. Why rabbit, just because he's been quiet? If so, why not Sophie or Soneji or someone else?

I need to seriously check into Mafia Addicts Anonymous now because I still have a lot to complete before tomorrow morning at 8:00AM, so see you folks later.
I haven't played too many games with Rabbit yet, but the ones I have played have found him loud and obnoxious and generally civvie (sorry, non-friendly faction aligned). In this game, he is different, and I therefore distrust him.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:I have to wonder how many Old and New rogues are even left? And we haven't heard from Grodd since early on, unless one of the Bullz kills was from him?
Well, I can tell you that my team has been fairly bad at NKing New Rogues so far (at least to my knowledge) so I assume there's a lot of them left. Monkey Grodd continues to scare the bananas out of me.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:Rabbit is interesting. I can remember exactly two things about him in this case. 1) that he said he was forced to vote for BF and 2) that he spent a long while sayin gLC was bad and then,,, just kind of stopped. Now, having been in some interesting places in this game, I can maybe understand how that change of heart happened, but it seems that once rabbit's LC thoughts changed that he just... stopped. Same with Daisy, she's just sort of stopped. But it kind of makes me think that a large majority of the indies have remained unscathed in this game, and that it might explain the malaise some quiet players are showing... when you don't have a horse in the race and just have to be there, some people have a hard time caring much. I have to wonder how many Old and New rogues are even left? And we haven't heard from Grodd since early on, unless one of the Bullz kills was from him?
I would guess so. I mean how many killers do we have in this game.

Grodd, Flash, and Captain Cold. Am I missing anyone?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
timmer wrote:Rabbit is interesting. I can remember exactly two things about him in this case. 1) that he said he was forced to vote for BF and 2) that he spent a long while sayin gLC was bad and then,,, just kind of stopped. Now, having been in some interesting places in this game, I can maybe understand how that change of heart happened, but it seems that once rabbit's LC thoughts changed that he just... stopped. Same with Daisy, she's just sort of stopped. But it kind of makes me think that a large majority of the indies have remained unscathed in this game, and that it might explain the malaise some quiet players are showing... when you don't have a horse in the race and just have to be there, some people have a hard time caring much. I have to wonder how many Old and New rogues are even left? And we haven't heard from Grodd since early on, unless one of the Bullz kills was from him?
I would guess so. I mean how many killers do we have in this game.

Grodd, Flash, and Captain Cold. Am I missing anyone?
Plunder.

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:BR, I looked back, I don't see anything from that time period that would explain your mind control, if it's true. Day 3.2 I mostly discussed BF and DH, casting an eye on both, and voted BF. I never posted at all night 3, which is when your mind control would have been sent in. So I don't see anything to gain from anyone. If it was DH, why support me after I cast suspicion on him? If it was someone else, why support me like that, unless The Top figured I was either playing a) a fellow baddie or b) playing so poorly that it made sense to keep me around.

Either way, this tells me something about the quality of my play in this game, but I assure you, it wasn't my idea. But I guess I can understand why you were thinking the way you do.

@MP, where have I pulled away from that claim?
You are looking at the frame up from a different angle than I am. If it is truly a frame up they didn't want you saved, they wanted me to turn on you. If you are not the Top guy then you should be looking at someone who wants you lynched.
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Black Rock wrote:
You are looking at the frame up from a different angle than I am. If it is truly a frame up they didn't want you saved, they wanted me to turn on you. If you are not the Top guy then you should be looking at someone who wants you lynched.
If clearly people are allowed to discuss being mind controlled after the fact, as, if they weren't I'm sure MR would have stepped in by now, then wifom creeps into it. If you are specifically told not to suspect me, then the top knows you will mention it the next day. From that angle, how on Earth would it make sense for ME to do that to you? It guarantees that the next day will have MORE to do with me, not less.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sounds like a good plan. Puts the attention on good ol' Timmer, and sit back and have a laugh while he deals with the fallout. It's kind of like the Dark Knight's Joker, setting up stuff to start the Chaos and then sit back and watch it play out and people die.

First of all, S~V~S:
S~V~S wrote:Because I'm acting like a total yutz this game, and people who know better say I'm the baddie? I think I did one good thing this game, I will find out end game (maybe 2) but for the most part, i have sucked. Timmer has been poking at me since he subbed in, LC has been insinuating in my direction (and insinuating LC is bad LC, imo) most of the game, and then MP comes in and says things that he knows will get my Irish up, and basically says, "This is how *I* am interpreting the game. If you don't like it, lynch me". Awesome.
I think you're looking at my suspicion of you in the entirely wrong way. It is nothing but a compliment that I suspect you first of this, I think you're clever enough to put a plan like this in motion, that's all. Between that, and the fact that the "participants" in this plot are all people you are close to as longtime Mafia friends, I think you owe me at least an acknowledgement that it's not unusual that I am looking in your direction. :noble:

I also think it was an overreaction to a temporary vote. But I'mma let that slide because you have had a stressful weekend. :srsnod: I promise I never have, and never will, attempt to use your life complications as a Mafia strategy - I swear the timing of it was unrelated. :hugs:

I just want to address "insinuating in your direction" as well. I'm trying to think of what you mean by that. I can only recall mentioning you once before, when I was suspecting Roxy, Bass 2.0, Aces, and you of some nefarious dealings. Well, it turns out Aces was pretty bad, Roxy and Bass are possibly good, possibly not. I don't think that I was insinuating in your direction, you were just someone who was part of a group of people that had sketchy-looking stuff going on (namely, Roxy's vouch for Aces, Bass' vouches, etc). I'm fine with "insinuating LC is bad LC", whether that's true or not, because I don't think I've been particularly "insinuating" in this game.
We did not get a role reveal on Roxy. I would prefer to have some control over my contribution to the game in this way. I would rather by lynched today than NKed tonight. So then even though I have sucked seriously as a civvie (yes, MP, I said the "C" word), my death will have some value this way. If someone I actually suspect looks to be lynched, I will consider changing my vote that way.
Dude, this is so bullz' shtick. Come on, you know this. XD
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

As for MovingPictures' views on reality, I have to say that my own views remain totally different than his stated ones. I believe the greatest common interest of the majority of players in the game is to end the game as quickly as possible with the fewest deaths. And of course, the more explicit common interest, between the Old Rogues and the Detectives, is that we have to kill the New Rogues and Grodd, which absolutely supports the greatest common interest.

In that light, there is very little difference between the Indy Rogues and the Old Rogues. Both win the game if they stay alive and kill all New Rogues and Grodd. And what's their other option? Try to side with the New Rogues, who have a Win Condition that is very vague? "They must survive and eliminate all opposing factions to win the game." This is more like an escape hatch than a Plan A... like, if the New Rogues are winning, staying alive can still get you there, but it's still just better to try and lynch or nightkill the New Rogues and Grodd.

Not to mention that it's smart to go with the best horse, and I would call the Detectives to be a particularly powerful set of abilities, so why would a neutral choose to join up with the New Rogues and go against The Detectives? It would be a bad move.

I think this is clear, enough so that I'm assuming that MP's insistence on the "near-LMS" standpoint is part of the latest mind-control trick, and that telling people to vote for him is part of it. He said it too much, and for unnecessary reasons. Bam. Calling the mind-control, agree or disagree? :nicenod:

And as for the Detectives, I don't find a lot of meaning in:
They may choose to imprison the Old Rogues as well, but it is not required.
I could slap that on any Civvie Ninja I have played: "You can kill Civvies all you like, but it won't help you win." That's the life of a Civvie Ninja, period. :srsnod:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Good point about MP possibly being mind controlled LC. That would make his posts today make a lot more sense tbh.
Black Rock wrote:I probably wouldn't have been bothered by this post if it hadn't been for the second part of my mind control that specifically stopped me from suspecting Timmer all together.

Those two things along with the fact that I had suspected and voted for Timmer the day before have all lead me to believe that he was the player who mind controlled me.
If Timmer mind controlled you, shouldn't he have expected you to come to this exact conclusion the next day? Looks like a set up. The WIFOM doesn't seem worth it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I was hoping we would have gotten more out of Sophie by this point. I gave her a lot of leeway while she said she was busy with RL things going on, but that busyness supposedly ended a while ago and her activity still hasn't picked up. She hasn't posted at all this lynch. It's tough to get a read on her.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

Before anything else, if this is true, and llama said the Bullz killing was not him, yet we didn't see any other kill from the Flash, could this be the reason? llama, did you try to kill/imprison tonight?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

SVS, sorry for everything going on in RL. I hope everything calms down and that your niece gets better soon :hugs:

I can't decide with SVS. Most of the time, she seems genuine to me, but then there are those moments when I think she's devious enough.

MP, you talk a lot about how we should play this game, yet basically you only talk about the meta. The only person you mentioned as possibly not trust worthy is SVS. Besides, no matter what way we play the game, we try to take out those we don't trust. So what's the point in talking about it. If you have a plan, say it. If not, this just seems like trying to stir things.

I think the fact that there were two parties trying to kill Bullz and the story is so vague means one of these three: MP, Devine and Dream, are bad. Not sure exactly when Dream joined and whether he/she were already here during the night. Since once of them is very likely a killer, I think we should focus on them. Unless I'm misinterpreting what happened at night.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I did not make this game personal. I think that can be made evidently clear. I even handled it well by saying she should take this out of the thread. Why she brought it up AGAIN in thread is beyond me.
I never said anything about personal. This is a tactic. Pushing peoples buttons is part of gameplay.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:
I never said anything about personal. This is a tactic. Pushing peoples buttons is part of gameplay.
Ebwop, this is why I said, in response to TH, when specifically asked about you, that I did not think a civ MP (or individual whose win con aligned with the majority, if you prefer) would have said that. Game related. O don't think I need as game mod.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:SVS, sorry for everything going on in RL. I hope everything calms down and that your niece gets better soon :hugs:

I can't decide with SVS. Most of the time, she seems genuine to me, but then there are those moments when I think she's devious enough.

MP, you talk a lot about how we should play this game, yet basically you only talk about the meta. The only person you mentioned as possibly not trust worthy is SVS. Besides, no matter what way we play the game, we try to take out those we don't trust. So what's the point in talking about it. If you have a plan, say it. If not, this just seems like trying to stir things.

I think the fact that there were two parties trying to kill Bullz and the story is so vague means one of these three: MP, Devine and Dream, are bad. Not sure exactly when Dream joined and whether he/she were already here during the night. Since once of them is very likely a killer, I think we should focus on them. Unless I'm misinterpreting what happened at night.
Now see, I had a theory that Bullz could have been a killer, and it somehow turned on him. Maybe his potential victim had a Bomb type deflection or something of the sort. Which was why when the person trying to kill him found him, he was already dead. There were two kills in that post, and one of them was a fail, imo, not both targeted at Bullz. That's why I think the post was so vague.

But I have no real reason for thinking this, but it makes me think Bullz probably was bad, although not knowing who HIS victim might have been kind of halts speculation for me there. Although your point, about returning killers, is also a good one and probably more plausible & less speculative for sure.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
You heavily insinuated that I said something on purpose to rile you up or upset you, twice. That is insulting to me. That is NOT a tactic. If anyone did this to you, you would also be upset, you would not see it as a tactic.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Unless I misunderstand you, S~V~S, you seem to be saying that you dropped that line in thread as a tactic to see how I would respond.

I think that crosses the line into unnecessary emotional manipulation, and it means I'm right to not trust you. I'm keeping my vote where it is.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No not at all. I thought it was s tactic being used to manipulate me.

I think we have a misunderstanding.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@MP, SVS is just about the only player in the game other than llama obv who I would say should not be Lynched. I think you are wrong about her.
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Then clearly I don't understand what's going on.

I don't know what to do with my vote.

I'll check back in before the poll ends, but I have class in a few minutes.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:

Before anything else, if this is true, and llama said the Bullz killing was not him, yet we didn't see any other kill from the Flash, could this be the reason? llama, did you try to kill/imprison tonight?
Not on that night, no. It wasn't our turn. Expect fireworks tonight, though.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I don't know what to do with my vote.
Put it on Rabbit. Make Rabbit stew.

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

thellama73 wrote:

That would not help. :meany:

I'm busy. Lynching me would actually help me out. So if you get the votes I will vote for myself. I have a lot to do this week. If you think I hide as a baddie or something, well, go with that assumption.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MP it honestly wasn't meant to be insulting. People foot a lot. To gauge reactions, etc. I wasn't trying to imply anything about you except that you were not in my win condition friendly group. Honest.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*do it, not foot it. Lol goddamn phone.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

rabbit8 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

That would not help. :meany:

I'm busy. Lynching me would actually help me out. So if you get the votes I will vote for myself. I have a lot to do this week. If you think I hide as a baddie or something, well, go with that assumption.
If you eat nothing but rabbit, you die of malnutrition.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Why Rabbit, Llama?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

A rabbit lynch sounds like it would be at worst a neutral result. I'd like to find a New Rogue today, though. SVS, what are your thoughts on Sophie?
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:Why Rabbit, Llama?
I think he is bad. I don't trust him. I'm not up for a Sophie lynch though. I learned her game really well in Roger Rabbit and I've come to trust her.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer, maybe I've missed it since I haven't read some of the thread, but is there any way you can elaborate on S~V~S and how your thoughts developed regarding her? Not saying I don't believe you, I'm just intrigued.

I agree that rabbit seems to be playing this game very much aligned with an Independent Rogue mindset. Whether that is what he truly is or not is debatable, but I don't see any reason to eliminate rabbit over say, Sophie or Soneji. Llama, what about rabbit's posting (or lack thereof) specifically points the possibility of New Rogue, SK, whatever it is?

S~V~S wrote:MP it honestly wasn't meant to be insulting. People foot a lot. To gauge reactions, etc. I wasn't trying to imply anything about you except that you were not in my win condition friendly group. Honest.
I believe you, don't worry. I apologize that this became a thing. I just was incredibly confused throughout a lot of this.

Even in my biggest FEB moments when I have relied on emotional appeals (most recently, see Roger Rabbit), I don't ever come into the thread with the intent to rile anyone up or piss them off. I just don't play that way; I understand that some people do. It's fine, but it blurs the line between in-game and personal too much for me. So to be totally honest, I was confused and kind of hurt when you seemed to be implying that I was not only purposefully trying to rile you up but that I have done so in other games. I know we don't see eye to eye a lot of the time, but I value your input strongly, and I would never want to make the game specifically unpleasant for anyone, especially you.

I know it's a game built around manipulation and deception, but I really don't ever go into a thread or game thinking that I'm going to make people's blood boil or rile them up. It's not my style and it won't ever be.

I do sincerely apologize if what I said earlier in the game did that to you, because I said what I have said with no such intentions, ever. I even tried to add the little "to me" at the end of the doesn't make sense phrase, I never would have imagined that would have belittled you or made you feel upset because, to me, when I say that it doesn't imply that the person I'm talking to is stupid or doesn't know what they're talking about. It could very well be that something doesn't make sense to me because I don't understand where you're coming from or because I'm in the wrong.

Anyway, if you are still wanting to discuss this, I'll be more than happy to address any concerns about it outside of the thread, as you know. I just thought, since apparently I had upset you, that I didn't see any need to make this an in-thread thing. I'm sorry for my hand in perpetuating this as an in-thread thing. I just was upset as well when the implication was that I came into the game intending to upset someone else. I really, really care for all of you guys. I know it's just a mafia game, but I've built a significant connection with a lot of folks here, particularly you, and I'd never want to intentionally upset you.

Regarding your perception that it means that I have an alignment that isn't friendly to you, I can understand why you may think that, but you are mistaken.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also apologize if I came across as rude or bossy when I made my posts yesterday regarding the game.

I just can't fathom how this game is being treated as a typical mafia game and that we are seemingly hunting baddies conventionally and surprised when lynches have been really unpredictable wagonfests. It's because there's more than half of the player base (7 New Rogues + 3 Arch-Villains + 6 Independent Rogues) who have potentially selfish intentions.

Yes, I agree that there are common enemies. Obviously the New Rogues are the hardest to get along with and the Independent Rogues are the easiest. But considering this is a faction game, I just don't understand how traditional baddie hunting methods will secure a win for the Old Rogues, and I find it increasingly very odd that people would want to claim an Old Rogue role. I think it very well could be an indication of New Rogues and other more hostile factions falling into common trickery, since baddies instinctively must claim civilians. Therefore, New Rogues would instinctively claim Old Rogues, yes? Why else would you claim an Old Rogue role, especially at this point in the game? I suppose that's what I don't understand. Because if you actually are an Old Rogue and you're not lying, then you're setting yourself up for an NK. If you are lying and you're a hostile faction, would it not make more sense to appear as friendly as possible, which would be an Independent Rogue?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also would appreciate if we stopped talking in "civvies" and "baddies" and analyzing players' behavior as to whether it's there "civ" or "bad" game because I don't see how that's relevant in this game.

I'm not cursed or mind controlled to say any of this. I'm truly not understanding where most of you are coming from. This game is far from a typical mafia game setup. I have been very vocal about this because I've finally had time to get into the game and it strikes me as very strange to continue categorizing behavior as "civilian" and "baddie".
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm clearly not thinking everything through before finishing them.

I just wanted to add that my pleas for you to vote for me were not emotionally-charged. They were just statements expressing my disbelief that this game fits a conventional mafia format and that, like rabbit, I'm insanely busy. If the game is going to be played with everyone pretending it's a conventional game, I just don't really care to be on a completely different page than every single other player for the entire game, all the while balancing other mafia games and my crazy RL at the moment. So I'm not playing any games when I've said "vote me out". If you really think I'm being counterproductive, then feel free to vote me out. But I'm just trying my best to analyze and play this game in the way that MR has set it up.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have been emotionally moved by your appeal MP.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have been emotionally moved by your appeal MP.
I assume this was a joke because it made me laugh, so :haha:

If it wasn't, then I don't follow. :P

What are you thinking about today's vote, Marshy? Or a better question might be: What do you think of all of the poll options?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

So answer me this. Who would you be interested in lynching today aside from yourself?

Linki: touche. I still think timmer is the way to go today. Too many people are calling for their own name, and I don't like it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think S~V~S and MP07 are definitely New Rogues.

Return to “Previous Jobs”