Total votes: 8
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: [Day 9] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:lemme get some stances from y'all. we've had a number of replacement players enter this game and a few of them (including me) have really not been read by anyone else (when i say "read" i mean the stance kind). i'd like to see people tell me what think right now about:

JJJ
Epignonsis 2.0
Canucklehead
S~V~S 2.0
OK, nothing too in depth, but off the top of my head right now:
JJJ: From your reads and attempt to be the stand-in for Sloonei with thorough, committed ISOs, I read you as civ right now. You have one vote away from Cobalt which honestly looks good right now, but there's more game to be played.
Epi: I'm going to preface that I read Epi 2.0 as indie. Epi's had some pretty good reads on both sides of the aisle. Caught both a Webber and Wildhorn mafia member, without bandwagoning. Then he has some moments of mystification that make me want to chug some Everclear and cinch my belt 2 notches too tight.
Canuckle: A light civ read on canuckle. Hasn't raised any red flags for me. But haven't really looked into him much at all. Will do that tonight.
SVS: I like her not adhering to the status quo since she's been here. Has had her own voice ("in the darkness" as you call it) and I'm reading light civ, but still need to see some of her votes materialize with results until I make a definitive judgment call.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sorry, Canuckle should be a she. My mistake!!! :omg:

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

voting ninja now in case I fall asleep
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I thought the Cobalt votes from the last day were suspect primarily because i thought the general case against Cobalt seemed weak. The case against Bass seems a little better at least, even if it still hinges more on small pings and less on real meat than I'd like. If Bass flips town, that'll be a terrible look for everyone who represents overlap between these two lynches:

Golden
ninja
Marsh
Scotty
nutella
Did you understand my case on Cobalt?

TGG quit because Epi was allowed to sub back in as another role.
TGG had been responsible for killing epi
TGG only quit after epi had said his views had not changed from dying and 'he knew who killed him'
The only epi had suspected on day one who was not proven to NOT be on TGG's team was cobalt
When I asked Cobalt why TGG quit later on (after stating that I felt it was because epi returned) cobalt claimed to believe it was only internet issues, even after having posted in a thread in which TGG was indiciating very strongly that he disagreed with the concept of people subbing back in...

I didn't think it was weak at all. It was one of those things which was very evidential beyond just what happened in this thread, and I felt like I could not have moved on without knowing one way or the other, I would have continued to have a need to resolve it.

I feel much differently about Bass today. The vote really is because I've been in other games, and not because I have a particularly great suspicion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

My big concern with voting Bass (and it doesn't look like I'm going to change my vote) is that he has been lazy. And that he could be just this lazy, willy-nilly voter at the end of phases kind of civ bugs the hell out of me.

the lazy ones are the ones that really could swing either way, but Bass seems too lazy with his responses to make me feel like he's a benefit to civs

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I thought the Cobalt votes from the last day were suspect primarily because i thought the general case against Cobalt seemed weak. The case against Bass seems a little better at least, even if it still hinges more on small pings and less on real meat than I'd like. If Bass flips town, that'll be a terrible look for everyone who represents overlap between these two lynches:

Golden
ninja
Marsh
Scotty
nutella
Did you understand my case on Cobalt?

TGG quit because Epi was allowed to sub back in as another role.
TGG had been responsible for killing epi
TGG only quit after epi had said his views had not changed from dying and 'he knew who killed him'
The only epi had suspected on day one who was not proven to NOT be on TGG's team was cobalt
When I asked Cobalt why TGG quit later on (after stating that I felt it was because epi returned) cobalt claimed to believe it was only internet issues, even after having posted in a thread in which TGG was indiciating very strongly that he disagreed with the concept of people subbing back in...

I didn't think it was weak at all. It was one of those things which was very evidential beyond just what happened in this thread, and I felt like I could not have moved on without knowing one way or the other, I would have continued to have a need to resolve it.

I feel much differently about Bass today. The vote really is because I've been in other games, and not because I have a particularly great suspicion.
i'd say what you present here would be a sensible early game accusation that it is based on early-game caliber evidence. i don't know that it's still as interesting as late into the game as Cobalt's lynch ended up being. at least your case is based on something specific instead of just his behavior, which i think was the real inspiration for some others -- both for townies reading him wrong and mafia capitalizing on that. i know if i am mafia i would have been very tempted to take advantage of Cobalt. people love to lynch abrasive players regardless of whether it's actually suspicious.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:the lazy ones are the ones that really could swing either way, but Bass seems too lazy with his responses to make me feel like he's a benefit to civs
are you interested in lynching people who are "not a benefit to the civs" or people who are "not civs"?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:the lazy ones are the ones that really could swing either way, but Bass seems too lazy with his responses to make me feel like he's a benefit to civs
are you interested in lynching people who are "not a benefit to the civs" or people who are "not civs"?
Both. Preferably the later, obviously. But that's the problem with laziness. And the fact that I don't know how he normally plays because I don't know you people.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Voted ninja. makes it 6-3, maybe close enough for a halfway interesting EOD.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Here's a question for you, JJJ. Why did you vote Bass (the last to vote btw) right before the deadline, and now before the deadline want to go anti-Bass?
I mean, you knew Bass wasn't getting lynched yesterday by placing a vote making it 2-6, and now you're just interested in making the EOD interesting.

BTW EPIGNOSIS HE SAID "INTERESTING"!! TRIGGER WARNING!!!!

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

The word "interesting" in itself is not a red flag. It never was. Please stop acting like it is or using it ironically. It isn't funny and you only look foolish doing so.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i voted Bass yesterday because this game was sleepwalking lazily towards a Cobalt lynch. i was hoping to inspire some kind of useful conversation but it didn't really happen. you can see by my voting over the last couple days that i really hate it when day phases end quietly. i think it's the easiest situation any anti-town faction can ever enjoy and i will do anything in my power to prevent it.

so i'm doing it again now. in this case though i think there are legitimate reasons to be suspicious of ninja and Bass. and my vote has at least generated this conversation, so something is happening. that's better than it looked about an hour ago.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

At this point we're getting awfully close to that dreaded tie. Please at least don't make it a tie.

Also Epi, you know I'm kidding, right? Hell, I'm more surprised that I got a rise out of you more than anything.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

what happens in this game in the event of a tie?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:At this point we're getting awfully close to that dreaded tie. Please at least don't make it a tie.

Also Epi, you know I'm kidding, right? Hell, I'm more surprised that I got a rise out of you more than anything.
It's not a rise. I don't know who is kidding and who isn't. The schtick from people is old, and I'm tired of explaining why it isn't a joke. It was a one-time specific thing I found suspicious. And I was right.

People should leave it be.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I would switch my vote to ninja in the case of a tie.

@JJ - read the role cards, one of them (into the woods?) decides. But we think they may be dead.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I already switched my voted to nijuu. I think she's naught nijuu.

Bass gets lynched for really stupid reasons.

Lynch nijuu.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Not Naught Nijuu

NAUGHTY NIJUU

That's what I meant.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:At this point we're getting awfully close to that dreaded tie. Please at least don't make it a tie.

It's not a rise. I don't know who is kidding and who isn't. The schtick from people is old, and I'm tired of explaining why it isn't a joke. It was a one-time specific thing I found suspicious. And I was right.

:haha: If you can joke with 60% of your posts in this game, then I feel entitled to at least have a little fun as well. Although if you feel it's personal, then I won't bring it up again, cause I don't want to get personal

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bah. The fact that 4 people seem pretty convinced ninja is worse than Bass is scaring me.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

:haha: If you can joke with 60% of your posts in this game, then I feel entitled to at least have a little fun as well. Although if you feel it's personal, then I won't bring it up again, cause I don't want to get personal
You're right. That was short of me.

Tee hee.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Note that Bass has not voted to save himself.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Oh look, a save attempt! You guys are so funny XD

But seriously, you're so wrong about me. :suspish:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:Note that Bass has not voted to save himself.
That means nothing to me besides that he's lazy, like usual.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nijuukyugou wrote:Oh look, a save attempt! You guys are so funny XD

Why Bass over you?

And make it funny.

I'll seriously switch my vote if you make me laugh once. Go.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
I don't agree. I've been on a team with Bass before.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:
I don't agree. I've been on a team with Bass before.
:sigh: ...and...?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:I already switched my voted to nijuu. I think she's naught nijuu.

Bass gets lynched for really stupid reasons.

Lynch nijuu.
Bass has also won 5 games this year, many bad, by skating by because the only reasons he gives you to lynch him are silly ones.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

this is why you make it close enough for a conversation to exist. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Oh look, a save attempt! You guys are so funny XD

Why Bass over you?

And make it funny.

I'll seriously switch my vote if you make me laugh once. Go.
Ever notice how men always leave the toilet seat up?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [Day 8] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ninja, could you please address this question
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I also think she contradicts herself a bit here. She starts off by agreeing with JJJ that Bass is the more suspicious of him and Cobalt, but by the end is voting Cobalt.
nijuukyugou wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Between Bass and Cobalt i'd vote Bass. i honestly don't understand why Cobalt is being regarded with such suspicion.
I agree with this, looking back at the case on Bass, his posts, and his voting record.

I looked back at Cobalt, too. One of the major reasons I've been after him is not simply the abrasive manner, but for what I believed to be a lie about his Day 1 vote. For some reason I was having a change of heart about him today until I looked back at his voting record:

Day 1 - Votes SVS (indy), claims he would've switched back to vote LC ten minutes after the poll ended but was too busy.
Day 2 - Votes LC, survives lynch
Day 3 - Votes LC on the day sig (Baddie Team Webber) was lynched
Day 4 - Votes LC (Baddie Team Wildhorn)
Day 5 - Votes MM (the only vote) on the day G-Man (Baddie Team Webber) was lynched
Day 6 - Votes Black Rock, TinyBubbles is lynched
Day 7 - Votes Black Rock (corrupted, likely Team Wildhorn according to night book puzzle)

I thought it was the Day 1 vote fiasco that pinned him as bad for me, but he did eventually vote LC out several times. However, the dude has avoided voting Team Webber completely and I don't even know how I didn't notice it before (maybe it was the abrasive manner as a distraction!). You sly devil :clap: I will be voting for you now.
valid point. ninja, why did you vote for Cobalt when Bass had been presented as a viable alternative? you stated your own preference for a Bass lynch, so what happened? it was a 1-1 tie between Cobalt and Bass when you voted to give Cobalt the lead.

this makes no sense.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The biggest reason I have for bass being bad?

Team 2 tried to get him lynched (eg BR) and when it hadn't succeeded they tried to NK him. I think they might have known something.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Also I'm making caramel right now and I should not be multitasking with hot sugar :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:The biggest reason I have for bass being bad?

Team 2 tried to get him lynched (eg BR) and when it hadn't succeeded they tried to NK him. I think they might have known something.
i get the feeling Bass is a pretty easy target on a consistent basis, primarily because of the silly-reasons-for-lynches he leaves everyone with. disengagement, maybe laziness, lack of substantive self-defense. Team 2 tried to lynch him perhaps, but i would assert that numerous players alive and dead have been trying to lynch him in some capacity for a while now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My vote stays on blooper because I don't care about sweets, and I am not going to live in that bag.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass just placed the self-preservation vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm willing to switch back to Bass. i would love a response from ninja though to my question. sorry about the hot sugar. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I sincerely hope Bass doesn't flip civ because that would honestly piss me off. Like a flirty girl leading me on at the bar, drunkenly suggesting I drive her home and then when we get there confessing she has a boyfriend and thanks for the ride, ya sap.
That's what it would feel like.

Also fun side note: Epi and I both have the same number of posts this game.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

i get the feeling Bass is a pretty easy target on a consistent basis, primarily because of the silly-reasons-for-lynches he leaves everyone with. disengagement, maybe laziness, lack of substantive self-defense. Team 2 tried to lynch him perhaps, but i would assert that numerous players alive and dead have been trying to lynch him in some capacity for a while now.
They tried to lynch him... and then tried to NK him...

Why the persistence?

I'm not saying it's overly persuasive, but even at the time it struck me as oddly persistent.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:My vote stays on blooper because I don't care about sweets, and I am not going to live in that bag.
:evileye: No more coffee cake for you, sir.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:

I sincerely hope Bass doesn't flip civ because that would honestly piss me off. Like a flirty girl leading me on at the bar, drunkenly suggesting I drive her home and then when we get there confessing she has a boyfriend and thanks for the ride, ya sap.

We do not.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Not lazy just super busy. If I die I think everyone should take a look at scotty, notice how he is always trying to bring up the people who arent around and dont post. It could be him trying to get people to vote the non posters and then he could kill the more vocal players. Its kinda a smart plan.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bass. Fashionably late as usual. Thanks for your input!

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm willing to switch back to Bass. i would love a response from ninja though to my question. sorry about the hot sugar. :P
As for your question, my post was originally for bass that day but then I was multitasking (haha a theme) in looking at cobalt's vote record. I got so excited at my "discovery" that I didn't even notice I left the post like that.

it's all good!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Fun fact: I have passed sloonei for most posts in this game. Tomorrow, I will in turn be passed by JJ.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:@JJ - read the role cards, one of them (into the woods?) decides. But we think they may be dead.
i can't find them? i see the "character" list in the OP, but nothing about about role mechanics.

lol if that's been somewhere this whole time and i didn't notice

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:@JJ - read the role cards, one of them (into the woods?) decides. But we think they may be dead.
i can't find them? i see the "character" list in the OP, but nothing about about role mechanics.

Yeah, the original post. Not all roles are revealed, but some have been (through various polls or actions, we think - they have happened during the course of the game, we don't know precisely why).
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Into The Woods – No one is alone. A musical about consequences, responsibility, adulthood, and the human condition, this show may be my favorite Sondheim piece. Into the Woods will break any tie that may exist in a lynch poll. Upon this role’s death, all ties will result in a no-lynch. Into the Woods also may pardon one lynch.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

It was sent in a PM you had to de-code I think.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:

We do not.
Ah, you are correct, I'm sorry. I was looking at overall posts on this site. I have 4 less posts. So give me a few minutes and I'll get it back up to match.

Return to “Previous Jobs”