Cancer (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 10
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 325

Re: Watchmen [Day 3]

Post by Ricochet »

Cookie wrote:Wait does day end in 10 minutes or 1 hour 10 minutes?
In 58 minutes.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 100

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:So after a post in which I call Eloh on suspects jumpiness, she literally jumps on DH based on DDL's read on him and switches from inquiring MP on his Cookie suss to thinking it could make sense.

Image with an Y.
;)
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 395
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:You don't think DharmaHelper's behavior is consistent with what RL/posts he's provided? He did detail that he would be busy, then warned us he would have opinions on every player during Day 3. Yet you find him suspicious for delivering on his promise of contributing reads?
No. What I mean is that him posting ISOs hardly means anything about his alignment.
You don't think his baddie hunting is genuine?
Look, I gave a bunch of reasons why I thought he was mafia, right?

If after that, I am to analyse the baddie hunting, my opinion of it is that it doesn't mean anything. Him being more town/mafia doesn't change because of it. Actually, it made me suspect him a little more, given the double-OMGUS-inversion-of-the-burden-of proof-combo he made of me.

I'm not saying the baddie hunting on d3 looks genuine. I'm saying everything else looks non-genuine, and the baddie hunting doesn't improve that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sorry, let me fix that sentence.
I'm not saying the baddie hunting on d3 doesn't looks genuine. I'm saying everything else looks non-genuine, and the baddie hunting doesn't improve that.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

Okay, so Epi has corrected me. Mafia is not my only adult interaction. P.S. Adult interaction DOES help headaches resulting from lack of sleep.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:You don't think DharmaHelper's behavior is consistent with what RL/posts he's provided? He did detail that he would be busy, then warned us he would have opinions on every player during Day 3. Yet you find him suspicious for delivering on his promise of contributing reads?
No. What I mean is that him posting ISOs hardly means anything about his alignment.

If after that, I am to analyse the baddie hunting, my opinion of it is that it doesn't mean anything. Him being more town/mafia doesn't change because of it. Actually, it made me suspect him a little more, given the double-OMGUS-inversion-of-the-burden-of proof-combo he made of me.

I'm not saying the baddie hunting on d3 looks genuine. I'm saying everything else looks non-genuine, and the baddie hunting doesn't improve that.
You're making up 60% of this. :smoky:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DH went through and listed who did/said what in his posts today. It was almost like he was just throwing the info out there to see who would say what and then it would be easy for him to jump on a suspicion and not be able to be blamed for it when the lynched person turns up civ. His "ISOs" did more of stating the facts of players' gameplay than giving his own opinion. I think this could be a baddie tactic. Does that explain it any better, MP?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 401
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay, a wild Cookie appears! Welcome, Cookie! :)

Can't wait to hear what you have to say.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote:DH went through and listed who did/said what in his posts today. It was almost like he was just throwing the info out there to see who would say what and then it would be easy for him to jump on a suspicion and not be able to be blamed for it when the lynched person turns up civ. His "ISOs" did more of stating the facts of players' gameplay than giving his own opinion. I think this could be a baddie tactic. Does that explain it any better, MP?
Nope. I summarized what jumped out at me and then at the bottom drew conclusions based on that.

So. :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:Hello everyone! I have been skimming this game but not studying the game and I have no idea right now who I think is bad so I won't be voting in this vote thats in an hour or so. Like Spacedaisy I'm not going to try and go back and read everything though I am going to read these few superlong posts that just got posted.

The reason I didn't sign up for this game or Frisky Dingo is I am traveling a great deal in the next month starting next Saturday. I have internet once I get to where I'm going but while traveling in the car all day I have nothing. I will warn you when one of those travel days is coming and we'll just see how it works out.

Ok I'll be reading tonight whats current and also picking up some past ISO's.

linki
linki
I understand, juliets. Thanks for subbing in! If I have time, I may even make some summary posts for you, with links if you ever wish to view them for detail. I'd love to, it's just a matter of time available to do so. Or maybe someone else will get to it.

Also, timmer, I'm really going to miss playing this game with you, buddy. Hopefully we'll get to play again together soon.
Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Cookie »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@Golden

This isn't black and white. I may think you are my biggest suspect, and that you are the best one among the four I have to pick from, but I'd be foolish to be 100% sure if you are mafia. And if you're gonna accuse me, I have to defend myself. If I'm right and you're mafia, then no problem, I'm safe. But if I'm wrong, I'd better start defusing the bomb you're trying to plant on me.

And the reason I voted earlier is that I always do that. I hate voting late, because I know I'll look bad because of it regardless of whether I lynch civ or bad. I'd rather vote earlier and risk my neck, and show I put my vote where my mouth is.
This post struck me as odd, especially when he talks about voting late and how it makes people look suspicious. This is interesting because earlier somewhere in this thread, he talked about Espers looking bad because he voted near the end of day for Sloonei. I can't tell if it's a guilty conscience. Other than that and his entire argument with Golden just seemed forced, like he was looking for a reason to vote out Golden (I don't know if that was on purpose or not, would someone do that as a townie?). At this point, I would not vote for DDL but I regard Golden as a good player and if he found DDL suspicious, then I would trust that suspicion. This isn't enough for me to cast a vote upon.

In the beginning of the game, I found Elo suspicious because of her voting to tie up the votes on Day 1, however, she has posted more and I no longer find her suspicious.

Honestly, I'm shocked that MP has not been killed in the NK yet. It seems suspicious because he seems to be a very good player which could possibly turn out to be a threat to the mafia if he started calling them out, unless the Inmates have not killed him because they are high up on his rainbow list?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:So after a post in which I call Eloh on suspects jumpiness, she literally jumps on DH based on DDL's read on him and switches from inquiring MP on his Cookie suss to thinking it could make sense.

Image with an Y.
What do you make of it? Does it affect your viewpoint of her in terms of alignment?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

Noted, thanks for elaborating.

I am no longer considering you for a vote today. I'll investigate you later. :smoky:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Elohcin wrote:DH went through and listed who did/said what in his posts today. It was almost like he was just throwing the info out there to see who would say what and then it would be easy for him to jump on a suspicion and not be able to be blamed for it when the lynched person turns up civ. His "ISOs" did more of stating the facts of players' gameplay than giving his own opinion. I think this could be a baddie tactic. Does that explain it any better, MP?
Nope. I summarized what jumped out at me and then at the bottom drew conclusions based on that.

So. :shrug:
Also, what you're saying makes no logical sense.

1) I went through and summarized who said what in my posts. -> Yes, I suppose you're right, I did that. As I promised I would, since I'd been behind up until today and needed to offer my thoughts.
2) Throwing info out in to the thread to see who would respond and how they would respond -> Welcome to mafia
3) Easy to jump onto a suspicion and not be able to be blamed for it. -> I'm confused how that would work. It would be my thoughts/summaries that the suspicions stemmed from, so how could I duck responsibility? Also, when have you known me to jump on anyone's suspicion? Shameful :disappoint:
4) More facts than opinions -> See "Conclusions" part in literally every one of my posts.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Cookie - Why would you find me suspicious when I tied u the vote if it was in favor of the civs?
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

Oh, I forgot about Espers. I am suspicious of him because of his voting patterns day one. Nothing he has said specifically has made me feel suspicious of him. I'm not sure if that's enough to go on, considering that was a similar reasoning for my vote against Golden.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for elaborating, Elo!

To provide context on what an ISO is, it's really just analysis of a player's content, typically with links (DH did not do this). It's not necessarily meant to state suspicions.

That said, I find it interesting you say it was more so stating facts than giving his own opinion. I remember him summarizing his read, in terms of alignment, after every single ISO.

Do you think DH seems likely to bandwagon onto others' suspicions, given he was the only one to vote for LoRab on Day 1 and the only one to vote for LC on Day 2 (someone fact check me on these)?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Thanks for elaborating, Elo!

To provide context on what an ISO is, it's really just analysis of a player's content, typically with links (DH did not do this). It's not necessarily meant to state suspicions.

That said, I find it interesting you say it was more so stating facts than giving his own opinion. I remember him summarizing his read, in terms of alignment, after every single ISO.

Do you think DH seems likely to bandwagon onto others' suspicions, given he was the only one to vote for LoRab on Day 1 and the only one to vote for LC on Day 2 (someone fact check me on these)?
Tag out homie, I'm good.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Cookie wrote:Oh, I forgot about Espers. I am suspicious of him because of his voting patterns day one. Nothing he has said specifically has made me feel suspicious of him. I'm not sure if that's enough to go on, considering that was a similar reasoning for my vote against Golden.
Would you be willing and able to make a rainbow list of ONLY the players you are considering for a vote in this lynch?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Okay, DH. You defend yourself well. And MP, I see what you are saying about ISOs.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Watchmen [Day 1]

Post by Russtifinko »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Russtifinko wrote:Ok! I am back from hiking. And it seems like it went a lot better than Rico's - my only injury is a mild sunburn on both knees, of all places. Hope you get better soon!

Anyway, despite my best intentions, the first thing I did when I reached my apartment was catch up. So here are my responses to things I noticed. I'll try to break it up to avoid being mega-posty.

First off, RIP Scotty, llama, Golden, and Ninja Blooper. I don't have any reason to think any of you were bad, and all of you could have been huge assets. Pretty rough 2-day stretch following the hot start.
Golden wrote:And I think llama may have been the comedian. It's why he went all supatown.
I know Golden is dead, but MP and a number of others have echoed the sentiment, so maybe one of you could answer. I guess I'm having trouble understanding the logic here. doesn't llama using the Comedian's NK so early because he was being NK'ed himself presuppose that he knew he was going to be NK'ed? I've never played a game where hosts tell players in advance they're going to be NK'ed.

That said, the self-certainty of the move is reminiscent of llama, but I don't think this role match is the sure thing some people re making it out to be.
MovingPictures07 wrote:EBWOP: it should be noted that MANY of Elo's posts on Day 1 were interactions with Sloonei. Would a teammate be more likely to engage heavily with Sloonei or avoid interacting with him?
Regarding this and your review of her posts, I think she'd be less likely to interact significantly with a baddie teammate. Between this and the D1 vote timing, I'm feeling better about having backed off of Elo on Day 1.
Long Con wrote:
espers wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I self-voted. I don't feel comfortable voting anyone else right now, and I have to place my vote now.
Metalmarsh, i'd like to know your rationale for this. I saw in rym #86 that you like your WIFOM, but I can't really make any sense of a person self-voting from my perspective. were you really that afraid of missing the vote?
I can think of one very good reason.
So I'm reading this as you saying MM is playing the "Don't kill me, Mr. Rorschach, sir!" angle. Is that right, or are you suggesting there's more to it?
Russtifinko wrote:
Elohcin wrote:SO I have yet to read anything past my last post which was in reference to niju being killed. :( Her death saddens me. She is too cool to be killed off so early. Anyway....that said, I just want to say how much I hate these rainbow lists. Find me suspicious if you want but I haven't liked them from the beginning. MP ranks Niju as his top read of civilian and then she dies. It's like saying...."hey baddies, this is the person you should kill next." I know I have picked on you a lot this game MP. I don't mean anything by it, really. Your list the just the one I found first.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
- nijuukyugou is my new top read, and I'm willing to take a strong stand. She seems consistently genuine, her hesitance to pile onto Golden today bodes well, and her vote from D1 still stands out as very strong. That said, I hope to see even more baddie hunting from her. And I still am going to continue to examine and question her intentions as much as everyone else, if not even more so, but right now I have to admit that she looks better than all the rest of you. :srsnod:
Okay, so I just wanted to mention that. I have to get back to school now and do a little housework and then I will catch up on everything that's been said so far today. I have a splitting headache from staying up until 2am with Epi and Niju. I am SO old! And I didn't even have one drop to drink. Epi drank beer all evening and is totally fine. I don't get it.
The beer preserves him, Elo!

MP, sorry man, but I have to agree with Elo on this one. I get that you need to express your thoughts, but I think posting an absolute top civ read is detrimental to our cause. You're one of the most vocal players, which gives you a lot of clout, and (assuming for the moment you're civ) you joining forces with any other strong player would terrify most baddies. It seems an easy call for them to eliminate that person because it makes them a bigger threat. I think you could do just as much good and less harm by posting a general list of civ reads without singling out one person as the most civ ever.
Russ, thanks for your thoughts.

I personally wasn't saying Llama knew he would die; rather, he probably highly suspected he would die, since he had arguably the highest amount of civilian cred leaving the Day 1 lynch result, since he initiated suspicion of Sloonei, voted for him, and generally was not considered to have suspicion surrounding him in the slightest. Knowing Llama, I bet he thought he'd probably die, so he used his kill, thinking he wouldn't want to lose the chance if he did perish.

I appreciate what you and Elo have said about the Rainbow Lists. I know they're a love/hate thing to begin with. I suppose if everyone was creating them, and I wasn't posting A TON of content, my argument would make more sense. I'll try editing my approach going forward to concentrate on the bottom half of my list in detail, leaving the top half ambiguously in the same group. We'll see how that goes. What do you think?

Also, Russ, in a response to G-Man's vote analysis, you said this:
Russtifinko wrote:
G-Man wrote:Please note that these analyses are based off looking for the Inmates only. In my short time back in action, I don't think I've played enough games with serial killers (I'm assuming that's what we're classifying Moloch as) to get back in the groove of sniffing them out. This setup is very difficult because the typical mafia team (the Inmates) only has three members. Considering we caught one of those three members on Day 1, it is going to be very difficult to track the other two. We have to look for small patterns and vote sequences that might suggest a collaborative effort between two players.

Day 1 vote data is in the spoiler tag. Please look refer to it as you read over my assessments.

*insert data analysis, see original G-Man post for detail*

What I infer from the Day 1 votes:

-I'm still not sure what to make of Timmer's self-vote. I like the warning about possibly pulling a Deborah but would he try that shtick again so soon?

-There is potential for espers to be Sloonei's teammate and he wanted to or was encouraged to throw that final vote on Sloonei for the cred. I like what espers said about feeling something was off about Sloonei. They have played elsewhere before, right? Knowing meta is a powerful item on the tool belt, so I feel compelled to respect that. This leaves me feeling only neutral on espers, unlike the other Sloonei voters.

-LoRab's vote on me came before Sloonei picked up any votes. This is important because we should look for desperate votes after the Sloonei train picks up steam. LoRab focused on the LD issue in regards to my post. I already looked suspicious before any of that because I was more aggressive, assertive, and less playful than usual. Rather than trying to use the "he's different and that's sus" angle that had been mentioned, she comes at it from an angle with a unique twist by suggesting I was trying to evade the LD power. To let my tin-foil hatted hamster out of his cage for a moment, consider this: Both Sloonei vote and LoRab's vote came before Sloonei had any votes. Sure there was discussion but could it be that the two of them are teammates and they tried to divide and conquer by voting for two potential victims that could attract more votes. Unfortunately for them, any momentum for Niju and myself died down as the momentum on Sloonei ramped up.

-Russ's vote for me was crap but not crap enough for me to shift him off of a neutral read.

-After this we have MP07 joining in on Bass's vote for Scotty. MP07 went from being cordial with Scotty, to asking a question or two, to doubting the sincerity of his contributions and the soundness of his vote for Elo. He openly agrees with Bass and then adds a few more points for other people to consider. This after his suspicion of Sloonei eroded bit by bit over the course of the day. In short, MP07 seems to have built a case on why Scotty is suspicious while also posting several points on why Sloonei probably shouldn't be suspicious. All this occurs as MP07 votes for Scotty, making it a 3-2-2 race between Sloonei, Niju, and Scotty. With Niju being NK'd by the Inmates, we know that MP07 adding Scotty to the mix wasn't an attempt to save Niju. Could it have been an attempt to save Sloonei?
Something where someone was talking about me seems like the easiest place to sink my teeth in. Here goes. (I edited the quote above for length, so only the parts I'm responding to are there):

G-Man, this vote analysis format is cool, but I'm not totally understanding your color scheme here. Maybe you could provide a key for those of us new to this?

You're slightly mischaracterizing my vote here in saying I ONLY voted for you in order to not vote Elo, with no other reasoning. I thought (and still think) it was strange that you were so circumspect with your wording.

That said, your numerous explanations have made me feel a little better about it. More to the point, this is my first game seeing you post words, and your style over the last few days definitely cements you in my mind as a very careful thinker and something of a microanalyzer. So I think now that the careful wording is probably just in character for you.

Re: your timmer explanation, what is a Deborah?

I'd have to read espers to develop an opinion there, since I don't have one as of my first thread read-through.

I'm not really buying the LoRab angle on the D1 vote. You're saying you think two baddie teammates tried to start lynch trains on two separate people to save Sloonei before she got any votes? With only 3 of them total, it seems crazy to me that they'd split up their voting power so early if they thought Sloonei might need defending.

To me, honestly Golden's vote looks the worst here, and we know Golden was civ. So I guess at this point I'm a bit skeptical about MP's "treasure trove of D1 evidence" claim. I think MP's vote looks bad at first glance, because it came in late-ish for a non-Sloonei but early enough to be a very, very long-shot save attempt. However, throwing teammates under the bus is something MP has added to his game more recently, and it would have made more sense to try that here than to go for the save IMO. Also, MP's content has felt super classic good-guy MP to me so far.

So if anything, to me the currently most suspicious D1 vote is espers. Keep in mind, a baddie voting late in a lynch for a teammate actually has a LOWER risk than a civ doing the same thing, because they know they won't end up on Rorschach's hit list.

Linki: I dunno. I suppose Elo could be bad, but when she voted Sloonei it was tied up with Blooper. I dunno if I see a mafia Elo giving up on a teammate so early.
What I'm dying to know is, can you elaborate fully on what occurred in your thought process to make you say this:
Russtifinko wrote:Hmmm, having read back on espers he seems above-board to me so far. What he's brought to the discussion has been open and well-reasoned.

But idk who IS suspicious yet today. I feel like I'm stating back at Square One after missing yesterday - most of my reads so far are just slight gut and my "I always think _____ is ____." type stuff.
Do you still believe espers has the worst looking vote of D1?

Do you believe his post content cancels out the bad vote?

What is the propensity with which you'd consider an espers vote? Any other players?

Regarding Deborah, timmer was busy during the Biblical game, but because it was sockpuppet and he had seen players skate by in that game and other games before by constantly being in 'catch up' mode, he purposefully played the entire game in 'catch up' mode, to see how long he could get away with it. He was mafia.
Ugh! I almost forgot the Day was ending soon, so I'm catching up now. Sorry, people!

MP, the llama thing makes more sense now. And yes, I think your suggestion on your rainbow lists is a good one.

Regarding espers, like I said, it definitely seems one of the safer votes on the day. However, my suspicion of espers basically rests solely on that at the moment, and without seeing anything suspicious in his posts I doubt I'd go that way yet. I'd say 30% chance I vote him, but that's mainly because I don't have another stronger case atm. If I did it'd be lower.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote:Okay, DH. You defend yourself well. And MP, I see what you are saying about ISOs.
Thanks. I've been around the block a few times :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm switching gears. I will discuss DH and others more after EoD. We're quickly running out of time.

For now, I ONLY want to discuss these players:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Here are all of the players that I'm currently considering for my vote, from least to most likely:

G-Man
Metalmarsh89

LoRab

Cookie
Dragon D. Luffy

espers
Thoughts? Go. Anything.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

We're missing almost EVERYONE's vote and the vote ends in less than 30 minutes.

Commence EoD madness.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm still most likely to vote espers, probably, but I'm hesitant, especially because I don't want to create a meaningless lynch with a bunch of votes on only espers. Where is espers, anyway?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Golden »

As far as votes go, Scotty, llama and I are all accounted for. We are just missing ninja and sloonei.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Image with an Y.
What do you make of it? Does it affect your viewpoint of her in terms of alignment?
It just keeps dwindling in the bad zone. I also found her take on DH's ISO, as a fellow ISO'ist at least, pretty mischaracterizing.

Can we switch places and hear from you on espers and/or LoRab? I've read the former fire red in your list, but I didn't get an input since you posted your pending choices.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:As far as votes go, Scotty, llama and I are all accounted for. We are just missing ninja and sloonei.
I miss you, man. EoD madness isn't the same without you.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

If I had to choose from the players you listed, Mp, I would choose espers. But, I don't necessarily think she is bad. I am really not sure. But I think you are pretty close minded to ONLY want to talk about those players.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Image with an Y.
It just keeps dwindling in the bad zone. I also found her take on DH's ISO, as a fellow ISO'ist at least, pretty mischaracterizing.

Can we switch places and hear from you on espers and/or LoRab? I've read the former fire red in your list, but I didn't get an input since you posted your pending choices.
Would you consider voting for Elo today, or still nah?

Of course.

Regarding espers, here's what I most recently had to say, for reference. As the Day has progressed, I've realized yet again that he's consistently failed to deliver. And despite otherwise meaningful and well-intended content, his D1 switch/vote strikes me as quite suspicious.

Regarding LoRab, her behavior during the Day 2 EoD really pinged me. I was willing to let it sit and see how she played out Day 3, but she reads increasingly to me as if, for the most part, she doesn't truly care who gets lynched.

Elohcin wrote:If I had to choose from the players you listed, Mp, I would choose espers. But, I don't necessarily think she is bad. I am really not sure. But I think you are pretty close minded to ONLY want to talk about those players.
Ah-ha, am I? ;) I was hoping someone would say that.

Well, why don't you make a similar list? Or cast your vote? Where is it going?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

You are too fun MP :) My list is G-Man and any two quiet players. Pick any. I think we have some quiet baddies today.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Why you be asking if someone wants to vote me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

All of that said, I'm not even sure I want this to become a LoRab/espers contest, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on vague gut suspicions of DDL. I know Golden really wanted us to look at DDL, but time did not permit me the luxury today.

I also am throwing around a vote for Cookie, still, despite her recent increase in activity.

G-Man actually made me feel better about him today, so he's not on my D3 list. I do intend to analyze him heavily going into D4 though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:Why you be asking if someone wants to vote me?
Why wouldn't I? I'm trying to get a feel for Rico's train of thought.

Through discussing and poking one can get mafia to show their lies. It becomes increasingly difficult for someone to fake baddie hunting with the more effort they have to put into explaining all of their reads.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thinking on DDL:

Again, I'll analyze him more later, but I find it interesting he was preparing some suspicion my way, seemingly heavy, only to conclude it with "slight mafia". I'm having trouble figuring out exactly where DDL's head is at this game. Not sure what to make of it.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I can't see DDL being bad again so quickly. What are the odds? And...he is far too comfortable in the thread for me to think he is bad.

linki. :) Alright. I guess you are a smart cookie.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well "doesn't truly care who gets lynched" sounds very Molochian to me. If you think LoRab fits the description, I'm thinking Eloh does as well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:I can't see DDL being bad again so quickly. What are the odds?
That's an odd argument. :P

Seriously though, I don't follow you here.

Regarding the "comfortable" adjective, you still believe that to be the case?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

On quickly and skimmed up. I do care who is lynched. I'm posting based on my suspicions. Day 2 I didn't really like any of the choices at that moment. I may seem suspicious to some but I am not bad. I am not Indy. I am not neutral. I'm civ this game. I'm voting gman because I still suspect him. And for those saying I was bringing up his old games that is not true. Read my posts. It's how people post with an ld in game in general. Although I still don't see how gman' statement of thinking that saying he was civie would be role outing still doesn't make sense to me and his explanations for it don't ring true. If that makes me seem suspish, so be it. I find him suspicious. That hasn't changed. Voting him. I hope to live to actually defend myself from specific posts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:Well "doesn't truly care who gets lynched" sounds very Molochian to me. If you think LoRab fits the description, I'm thinking Eloh does as well.
Elo is bouncing all over the place, isn't she?

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding exactly what her rainbow list of players-with-highest-propensity-to-receive-my-vote today looks like.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

LoRab is always the SK

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

remember he was bad in Guess Who. And you KNOW Epi does nto randomize roles. And he was very uncomfortable as a mafia player in Guess Who. Golden said it best. You would have to look at his in topic to find the exact post.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab wrote:On quickly and skimmed up. I do care who is lynched. I'm posting based on my suspicions. Day 2 I didn't really like any of the choices at that moment. I may seem suspicious to some but I am not bad. I am not Indy. I am not neutral. I'm civ this game. I'm voting gman because I still suspect him. And for those saying I was bringing up his old games that is not true. Read my posts. It's how people post with an ld in game in general. Although I still don't see how gman' statement of thinking that saying he was civie would be role outing still doesn't make sense to me and his explanations for it don't ring true. If that makes me seem suspish, so be it. I find him suspicious. That hasn't changed. Voting him. I hope to live to actually defend myself from specific posts.
Do you have any thoughts on Cookie, espers, or anyone else?
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Yay, a wild Cookie appears! Welcome, Cookie! :)

Can't wait to hear what you have to say.
It wasn't as much as I was hoping. I really have no strong suspicions on anyone and I feel like I'm reaching for straws.
Elohcin wrote:Cookie - Why would you find me suspicious when I tied u the vote if it was in favor of the civs?
I only found you suspicious at the time because I thought you were trying to save a teammate. Like I said, I no longer find you suspicious.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Cookie wrote:Oh, I forgot about Espers. I am suspicious of him because of his voting patterns day one. Nothing he has said specifically has made me feel suspicious of him. I'm not sure if that's enough to go on, considering that was a similar reasoning for my vote against Golden.
Would you be willing and able to make a rainbow list of ONLY the players you are considering for a vote in this lynch?
Yup, DDL and Espers are the only two I suspect and they are not really that strong. However, I see that DDL feels strong about DH being suspect and I think I missed why. Can anyone link me?

How much time is left? Is there anywhere I can see when Day ends?
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

I think I found it, it ends at 9:38?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:remember he was bad in Guess Who. And you KNOW Epi does nto randomize roles. And he was very uncomfortable as a mafia player in Guess Who. Golden said it best. You would have to look at his in topic to find the exact post.
I think such speculation is a dangerous route to consider. I will not consider role plugging of any nature. Players should be judged purely on their content, not baseless speculation of whether Epignosis would make DDL a mafia after DDL was recently a mafia.

Golden wanted us to look really heavily at DDL. Those were his last words in this game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yes, 9:38 Eastern, 8:38 Central.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Yes, 9:38 Eastern, 8:38 Central.
4:38 Pluto
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Honestly anyone who lynches me because "Golden said so" should be quick-lynched afterwards.

Quote Golden's posts and say you agree with them if you want. Elaborate on that. But form your own opinions, please.

I saw Cookie doing this and now I'm seeing MP doing this. Stop.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Cookie, for DDL's thoughts on DH during Day 3, view the following:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: Conclusion: My pings regarding LC were in most parts due to his lack of engagement/activity. Re-Reading him, he makes some good points regarding LoRab and MP in particular. I don't think I will vote for him again any time soon.
So basically you voted him for his inactivity on d1?

Not the best answer, since you pretty much ignored his d2 activity when you made the vote, though to be fair you were busy that day. But at least now you've explained the vote.

Still in my suspect list, though, for reasons I gave in the night.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Okay, I have results. And I need to get this mf'er done.

What I want to know: For those of you who are here, which players are you considering for your vote? Why?

I'll be back in like 10-15 minutes.
Either DH or espers. Reasonings already given.
You don't believe DharmaHelper has shown town tells today? Why?
I feel there is a limit to how much flooding the thread with ISOs can make you look town, specially considering 60% of the people I suspected in the night started doing it afterwards.

Besides, I don't like the way he approached the suspicion on me. He forced the d0 joke vote thing, and then he inverted the burden of proof by saying I had to explain why I didn't vote certain players, when he hadn't explained his own d2 vote, which is hypocrite. He took a long time to explain it, only after a few people pushed him, and even then it was a pretty weak reasoning. I don't like how he spent most of d1 tunneling on random players and avoiding paying attention to the case at hand (Sloonei/ninjuu/G-Man), and then throwing a cop out vote.

As for espers, the whole issue is the terrible d1 vote. He dropped a suspicion he had on me and had never suspected Sloonei before his vote (actually defending him once). Made an useless last minute vote that did not change the outcome. He justified it by saying he wanted to limit it to the winning players, but the vote was still useless.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:"He is the most logical vote in my view" isn't an explanation. It's the same thing as saying "I'm gonna vote LC because I'm gonna vote LC".

I'm not gonna say you only did it because of me, but the point is, making ISOs to make people think you're less suspicious is something that can be done. As a matter of fact, most of my suspects right now are high content players, so I'm not seeing it as a civ tell.

And it was a cop out vote in the sense it didn't change anything in the lynch, nor placed you under any risk of lynching a civilian, or a possible mafia partner. Whether the cop out was intentional or not it's what I'm trying to figure out. The vote itself is not a crime, but adds to the feeling that you were intentionally staying away from the game, something your d2 vote also does.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”