[Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Re: [Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow! What an absolutely stunning game. I have to say, Robert, for your first hosting experience ever and for anyone's hosting experience regardless of how experienced they could be, this was very impressive. I agree that you have a gift; your writing, as I've always known it to be, was very outstanding. I do agree with timmer that your game turned out to be balanced, a fact I did wonder about at times. It is insane when you think about it, baddie teams with 6, something as crazy as the Magna Beam, all the possible civvie BTSC, many unconventional and risky items, but it all seemed to work out somehow. Props to you. What a game. This will go down as one of my all-time favorite mafia games, I'm sure of it.
Thank you for the kind words. S~V~S really helped me tailor this thing to make it right though, so she deserves credit too!
MovingPictures07 wrote:On Night 4, I really desperately wanted to get rid of Mekaneck, who I was after Aces, was thinking could be DH. II wasn't sure about DH being Mekaneck, I also thought he could be Man-E-Faces. But then! This was a bizarre twist in the way I had everyone pegged as roles. But as Robert explained, we got to control DH's night actions and votes via the Slime Pit. Robert told us to submit 0, 1, or 2 names, which made me think he had to be one of the roles that submitted one or two names, so then I got rid of him as Mekaneck or Man-E-Faces and I was convinced he was Buzz-Off. This threw me off of DFaraday's trail and really kind of screwed up my pegging of civvies for quite some time.
I have to stress again, what a game this was! It will certainly go down in mafia history as something else, I'm sure.
Zero names meant "I want to be human."
One name meant "I want to be a robot and role check this person."
Two names meant "I want to be a monster and try to kill the second name."

This was how you could control DH's power as Man-E-Faces without me explicitly telling you what his role was. :)

:)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 15

Post by S~V~S »

Thank You so much for all your kind words~ this was your baby, though. I helped pick out the clothes, and the accessories, but all the genes are yours. You were so easy to work with, and I enjoyed it all. You are so creative, and so many creative people get pissy when you poke a few holes in their creation, but, once you understood what I was saying, you were open to suggestion pregame. During the game, you were always able to resolve an issue within the framework of your game, and i admire that immensely.

I had fun, and i learned just as much as you did. I took some things from this experience to use in my games as well. Having a neutral third party available to look at results if you think it even slightly possible it could be interpreted differently is an idea i like, and not one i initially thought of in terms of being a dedicated game Mod. I will do that myself, especially pregame to double check balance so in game tweaking is not as necessary. If i ever need a ghostwriter, i know who to call :biggrin:

You are a Gentleman and a Scholar, and i had nothing but fun :daisy:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

:hug: epi!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

:hugs: I meant this guy lol...
Kate wrote::hug: epi!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That first one looks appropriate, Kate. This thing wore me out! That said, I am looking forward to the next time. :hugs:

Whereas Masters of the Universe took us all over the planet, X-Men will keep us all...in one room. :mafia:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

Thanks so much for this game, Rob! It was tons of fun. (I was away for the weekend and missed the end, but am catching up now) It was great having BTSC with LT and Elohcin, because otherwise I would have become hopelessly confused(more so than I already was.)

Thanks to everyone who ressurected me (twice) and trusted me until the end, when everyone thought everyone had turned bad.

I will say thta I think the civvies got extremely lucky at the end, since timmer's power effectively made him unlynchable. Good thing Flyin' High had a trick up her sleeve!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by timmer »

thellama73 wrote:
I will say thta I think the civvies got extremely lucky at the end, since timmer's power effectively made him unlynchable. Good thing Flyin' High had a trick up her sleeve!

Only every second day due to no repeat targeting rules. But you're right, my role, once the threat of NKs was no longer a concern, was pretty powered-up! :mafia:
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets PMed me some days ago about the winner banner. I know with my host banner it sometimes doesn't show up.

Please report if you have or are continuing to have issues with your winner banner. Thanks.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 15

Post by S~V~S »

I don;t see it right now; it just says "image" next to your Avant banner.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

yay i got mine to work. It looks like you changed the one for winner because now it appears as an image in the thread. Whatever you did, thanks!!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”