Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 9

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:I'm not playing the victim. This just isn't productive. You have been on my ass since the second I said I wasn't so sure you were a civvie anymore. I never said I was surprised. Perhaps you should stop putting words in my mouth.
That isn't true.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Voted.
You haven't mentioned Wilgy all game...
Not once....
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 5

Post by fingersplints »

How is it not true? This I literally your first mention/interaction with me:
Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:TH: Because I don't agree with your points on someone it does not mean I thought you were bad. I thought you were wrong, but that you had good intentions. I was looking forward to discussing Dom with you more before you were killed. I had reread him some from other games and I became less confident about him being a civvie. That suspicion seems to have dropped off anyways :shrug:
Now I don't get the same feeling about you having good intetnions. I wouldn't say I suspect you yet. Hopefully the results of this lynch will help me decide about a few people. :)
This reads rather contrived to me.

What games didyou read?
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 5

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:How is it not true? This I literally your first mention/interaction with me:
Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:TH: Because I don't agree with your points on someone it does not mean I thought you were bad. I thought you were wrong, but that you had good intentions. I was looking forward to discussing Dom with you more before you were killed. I had reread him some from other games and I became less confident about him being a civvie. That suspicion seems to have dropped off anyways :shrug:
Now I don't get the same feeling about you having good intetnions. I wouldn't say I suspect you yet. Hopefully the results of this lynch will help me decide about a few people. :)
This reads rather contrived to me.

What games didyou read?
I never included you in my suspect lists until Day 8.

you are lying.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Because you don't say "you are my suspect" doesn't mean you can't indicate suspicion. I'm not lying or rewriting anything. Everyone can read the posts for themselves. I think it is absolute BS for you to say you weren't suspicious of me until day 8 though.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

Voted Wilgy.

Dom, who is your bigger suspect? Bass or fingersplints?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:Because you don't say "you are my suspect" doesn't mean you can't indicate suspicion. I'm not lying or rewriting anything. Everyone can read the posts for themselves. I think it is absolute BS for you to say you weren't suspicious of me until day 8 though.
When asked my suspects prior to that post, I did not mention you.
You are lying.

Tranq-- I'd say Bass. Bass refuses to acknowledge posts against him. Bass hasn't listed a single person that's alive that he suspects in days. Bass didn't want two days in a row. That doesn't sit right with me.

Though, this last slough of splints posts has me raising my eyebrow even more.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Repeating I am lying does not make it true. I'm not sure what I was supposed to make off the tone of your posts like this one if it wasn't you suspect me.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:Repeating I am lying does not make it true. I'm not sure what I was supposed to make off the tone of your posts like this one if it wasn't you suspect me.
Because when asked who I suspect and who I'd like to see lynched between your specified post and the post I already pointed out I listed my candidates for lynching three times and you were not on that list.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

Beware the LoRab...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote:Beware the LoRab...
Why is that?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

So let me get this straight; Splints is upset with Dom for not suspecting her earlier?

Wow, accused & replied in Linki :clap:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm not upset he didn't suspect me earlier. I'm saying regardless of him not saying "I suspect splints" he has been seemingly throwing suspicions at me for a while. I don't agree that I was playing the victim. But I don't see the point in going back and forth with someone when it's obvious they aren't going to change their mind. I have other things I can be doing both in and out of this game.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

And he didn't mention me for a few days, but those were also the days of my absence. It halfway like most everything I say has been returned with an eye since that initial post I pointed out.

Also he said I was lying after I said he was on my ass since I questioned whether he was a civvie. We can debate all we want how much he was on my ass but the point still stands he didn't have a problem with me when I was defending him earlier. Only once I started questioning him did I seem "contrived"
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:And he didn't mention me for a few days, but those were also the days of my absence. It halfway like most everything I say has been returned with an eye since that initial post I pointed out.

Also he said I was lying after I said he was on my ass since I questioned whether he was a civvie. We can debate all we want how much he was on my ass but the point still stands he didn't have a problem with me when I was defending him earlier. Only once I started questioning him did I seem "contrived"
Nah. I just seemed rather convenient that you had something to say once TH no longer factored in. To me, it read as buddying to TH.

But hey-- you can lie about what I've done and said all you want. It won't make it true.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

I've been thinking very hard about Wilgy over the last couple of hours.

I still believe I have a lot of evidence that he is on Witherdeath. I find this scenario far more likely than him being on the circle of decay. His vote for me, given team Witherdeath ought to have relatively unique knowledge of my poisoning, only reinforces this further for me.

I don't see any evidence linking him to team circle. I think I'd find it slightly more likely that he is town than circle. But if he was circle, it would be fantastic to take one out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:I've been thinking very hard about Wilgy over the last couple of hours.

I still believe I have a lot of evidence that he is on Witherdeath. I find this scenario far more likely than him being on the circle of decay. His vote for me, given team Witherdeath ought to have relatively unique knowledge of my poisoning, only reinforces this further for me.

I don't see any evidence linking him to team circle. I think I'd find it slightly more likely that he is town than circle. But if he was circle, it would be fantastic to take one out.
It's tough to link someone to a team that we haven't lynched anyone from. I agree with you that he's more likely Witherdeath. I just don't see it likely that he's civ.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That's true, Lorab. I guess that is why I find it confusing that people are linking him to circle.

Oh well, if he comes back circle I guess people can talk more to this tomorrow.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

And if he comes back civ, then I'm going to be of the belief that he's whatever the Seemer role is called in this game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:And if he comes back civ, then I'm going to be of the belief that he's whatever the Seemer role is called in this game.
Trickster, although it's unclear to me if that ability can be used on themself upon death, it says "causing a lynched person to seem as though they were the role of his choice". LC/BR, can trickster use this ability on themself?

That reminds me of another thought I had.

LC/BR - what if the Trickster chose to use their seemer ability on the last person to die from a team? Would we still be immediately told the team is dead?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey, weird... I managed to make the underline either colourful or not depending on the order in which I presented the coding, I assume.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Reborn - Day 9 Lynch

Post by Long Con »

-= =-

"You can't do this! I'm a doctor, dammit!"

The rest shook their heads sadly at the madness that had clearly taken over DrWilgy's mind. Though his efforts in the fight had been diligent and sincere, they had come across as false, deceptive, deluded. His regular patients had fled, and even those closest to him couldn't help. "He's there one minute, gone the next!" claimed a neighbour. "That guy is unreliable!"

For creative fun, they blindfolded DrWilgy and secured his feet in cement. Encircling him, each of the eleven accusers levelled a long spear at him, and, with a nod from their leader, they advanced slowly, impaling DrWilgy from all sides at the same time, slowly and brutally.

Afterward, they congratulated each other on a job well done, and went out to tea with the Spirit Oracle. "DrWilgy?" he croaked in his ancient voice. "Why, he was just the Blinkman. You can't blame a man for acting according to his nature!" He shook his head sadly. "Why he didn't blink away from you lot is beyond me.... beyond me."

DrWilgy has been lynched. He was Blinkman, a Civvie role.

Night 9 has begun!
Golden
The Coward

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 9

Post by Golden »

In favour of Wilgy being legitimately that role, he was not on the poll until day 4.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:In favour of Wilgy being legitimately that role, he was not on the poll until day 4.
But wouldn't he have taken himself off this lynch? when odds were strongly in favor of him being next to be voted?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LoRab wrote:
Golden wrote:In favour of Wilgy being legitimately that role, he was not on the poll until day 4.
But wouldn't he have taken himself off this lynch? when odds were strongly in favor of him being next to be voted?
It seems he had already used that power. :/
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

voted e because it's my name.

linkitis: I read that backwards. So, he used wasted his power instead of saving it for when he needed it. Or, eloh did (I can't remember when he subbed in--and I think it's eloh he came in for).

Hmmm. I need to sleep.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:
Yeah, well... against him being that role - it's an easy fake claim if your name ended up off the poll for the first three days :p

I think that if anyone has the ability to do so, finding out DFaraday's role could help. His absence from the day 6 poll seemed most noteworthy to me, and I suspected he might be Blinkman. But who knows for sure.

I would say at this point on balance I think Wilgy's role is more likely the truth than a trick.

@Lorab - oh, I forgot he subbed in for Eloh! I need to check the polls for her!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Eloh was on the first three polls. Thus, Eloh/Wilgy have never been off the poll.

So I'd go back to saying it makes the claim seem far less likely. Surely this would be the time for Wilgy to use his power?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

you save me so much time and energy tbh, golden. :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:you save me so much time and energy tbh, golden. :p
:haha:

I still need peeps like you to give an opinion on whether they agree with the conclusions I draw, though, Dom.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

C

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know if I'm a peep like Dom, but I do not agree with some of your conclusions Golden. Most recently, that voting for you was the move Wilgy would make if he's Witherdeath :ponder: I also suspect you might be talking out of your butt when you say you were poisoned Night 1.

If Wilgy was the Trickster I think he is more likely to be Circle. We also weren't told that a team was eliminated.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

Picked A!

RIP Wilgy
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't know if I'm a peep like Dom, but I do not agree with some of your conclusions Golden. Most recently, that voting for you was the move Wilgy would make if he's Witherdeath :ponder: I also suspect you might be talking out of your butt when you say you were poisoned Night 1.

If Wilgy was the Trickster I think he is more likely to be Circle. We also weren't told that a team was eliminated.
Well, it is lucky that I left breadcrumbs on the subject, then, since you think I'm 'talking out of my butt'. Go look after Luke was lynched.

I think the main reason you think I'm talking out of my butt is because you don't like that I'm on to you. I'll be voting for you again tomorrow.

Although I do agree that if Wilgy is Witherdeath, it would have to mean that they have an extra member (living statue?). But why didn't wilgy take his name off the poll?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't know if I'm a peep like Dom, but I do not agree with some of your conclusions Golden. Most recently, that voting for you was the move Wilgy would make if he's Witherdeath :ponder: I also suspect you might be talking out of your butt when you say you were poisoned Night 1.

Well, it is lucky that I left breadcrumbs on the subject, then, since you think I'm 'talking out of my butt'. Go look after Luke was lynched.

I think the main reason you think I'm talking out of my butt is because you don't like that I'm on to you. I'll be voting for you again tomorrow.

Although I do agree that if Wilgy is Witherdeath, it would have to mean that they have an extra member (living statue?). But why didn't wilgy take his name off the poll?
My point is that you are not the player Wilgy would have voted for if he was on the poisoner's team.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So you think there would be a better candidate for him to choose than the person who they poisoned on night one?

Or, is it a different point you are making?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:So you think there would be a better candidate for him to choose than the person who they poisoned on night one?

No, I think there would be no better candidate than that. That is absolutely the point that I'm making.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:So you think there would be a better candidate for him to choose than the person who they poisoned on night one?

No, I think there would be no better candidate than that. That is absolutely the point that I'm making.
OK. Point taken. I took your point and went back and checked.

I was poisoned night two.

I also know who was poisoned night 3 (but they are now dead), so I think we have everyone accounted for, because Luke was lynched Day 4.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Wilgy's vote for me is rather inexplicable then.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Wilgy's vote for me is rather inexplicable then.
As is most everything else about Wilgy this game.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Rip Wilgy.

So, "Beware the Lorab" ?

She was already a slight suspect of mine. Hmm
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

My bad, 12 hour shift, I'm zonked. Anyway, so what, ya all think Wilgy was Trickster?

Golden, you think the Statue is evil now? I feel like that is a strong possibility, actually, or the Statue is dead.

So I'm going to want to lynch MM again tomorrow probably. Maybe another look at Lorab. And Dom, def Dom.

What does everyone think of Dom?
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt F wrote:My bad, 12 hour shift, I'm zonked. Anyway, so what, ya all think Wilgy was Trickster?

Golden, you think the Statue is evil now? I feel like that is a strong possibility, actually, or the Statue is dead.

So I'm going to want to lynch MM again tomorrow probably. Maybe another look at Lorab. And Dom, def Dom.

I don't think the statue is dead.

I don't know what side the statue is on. I'm on the fence about that.

I think you need to move on from trying to lynch MM.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

E.

I'm not sure what to think of Blinkman. It would be an odd choice for the Trickster to appear as.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry Wilgy, iywg. I don't know what I think of that; that does not seem to be a role that would be a good one to use for the Seemer. It would be too easy to dispute, although since he has not been off the poll :shrug:

My initial read of him asking to be killed was Noble Civvie, but I talked myself out of that as manipulative baddie made more sense in context.

The poll question says choose two, but you may pick only one option. Going with D~ it corresponds to 4, ...*BOOM* LOST

i am such a dork, lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Matt F wrote:My bad, 12 hour shift, I'm zonked. Anyway, so what, ya all think Wilgy was Trickster?

Please do take a look at me. Why do you find me suspicious?

I am civ. Eye me all you want.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Definitely civvie. :noble:
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Voting B because no one has picked it yet :p

RIPIYWG Wilgy. Personally, I think the Trickster theory is likely to be correct here. And I assume if the Cabal were wiped out, we would have been told. So my bet is on Wilgy being a member of the Circle.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Voted.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Voted D.

Golden - Not that it matters, nobody else seems to want to lynch MM. But I do know I saw MM with Turnip's dead body then Turnip is back. In the profile, it says Dr Dre likes to experiment on dead bodies.

Was it Turnip who brought up how the Doctor was good in the last "World" game?

Anywho, Dom, have you been recruited?
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”