Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 11

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:Well, I'm civ. But after I get lynched, I think I'm going to root for the baddies. Well played, baddies.

Of my voters, I think Golden and Dom need to go next.

Anyway, go mafia! :beer:

Lovely hosts - It was a mighty fine quest, but I don't have the perseverance to continue. Thanks for the fun game!
what happened to your timmer suspicion?
LOL i'm sorry, but wtf
Matt wrote:
Dom wrote:Matt or Bass... which to vote for... not really sure.
Lol. Dude, nice job this game, Dom. I tried to go to that square you suggested but luckily fate intervened and I was given another quest. Who knows was dastardly trap you had waiting for me.

Nice job, tho, for realz. :beer:
Literally no clue what you're talking about, but okay...

I'm thinking of switching to Bass.. honestly, I think we'll find a baddie either way.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:Oh wait, if it's 4 to 7. Someone moves off me to Bass, then it will be 5 to 6. I can work with that.

I just need one vote! Assuming SVS doesn't change her throwaway vote from Turnip (LOL) to me.

So maybe I do need two.

C'mon civs, let's give town a win here.
do you seriously not know why svs voted TH
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Dom, what, you think I should be discussing Timmer when I'm trying to save myself and Timmer isn't even on the poll???

Are you serious?

Anyway, you can say you don't know what I'm talking about, but I've said a lot about you in this game where if you didn't know what I was talking about, you would've said something by now.

But yeah, vote Bass. For real.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dom wrote:
Matt wrote:Oh wait, if it's 4 to 7. Someone moves off me to Bass, then it will be 5 to 6. I can work with that.

I just need one vote! Assuming SVS doesn't change her throwaway vote from Turnip (LOL) to me.

So maybe I do need two.

She thinks I'm his baddie partner. :haha: Oh, the laughter hurts.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw Golden, after this game, assuming you are civvie (but I'm leaning not), I'd like you to admit you can't read me. Thank you.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Hosts - If Golden is bad, then I request that his team be punished for his transgressions (re: btsc chat) by not letting me get lynched today. Thank you!

Alright, I think that should set me up pretty good.

No longer worried. :phew:

See you all tonight! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

You know what, Matt?

I really really really really want to vote bass today.

I'm more or less 100% sure he is bad.

But you make it impossible.

I also think I made it pretty clear I have no read on you. I'm playing the odds. The odds are better with a bass vote, but they are still pretty good with you.

But at this point, I'd struggle to care even if you are civilian. That's how you make me feel. You've turned it into some personal vendetta against me, against SVS, against everyone, and I hate it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

One last post before I'm off to work...

Golden, if you're civvie, then you're being unfair. I'm having a blast right now, I think this is fun, EVEN getting wrongly suspected. It's like a rush of sorts lol.

But let's remember, you've said more then once how "pissed" you've been, so if anyone is making this personal, it's you my friend. Me, I'm playing a game of Mafia and havin' a good time doin' it.

Anyway, I'm not worried anymore, I'm good. Vote for whoevs, I'll see ya tonight! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

I've actually been considering a move to Bass. I, too, think the odds of him being bad are better than Matt's odds. Thinking over everything that's been said, of the 4 that have been mentioned (Timmer, Bass, TH, Matt F), I think Matt is the least likely to actually turn up bad. Still likely, though. Timmer definitely needs to go when the chance arrives. But I'd be willing to hold off on both Matt and TH.

Linki Matt: :suspish: Don't make me regret this Moving to Bass.
FWIW, my initial vote on Matt was both a placeholder and a show of my willingness to vote for him. I could still be convinced to move back to him today, but right now I'm just not feeling it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:One last post before I'm off to work...

Golden, if you're civvie, then you're being unfair. I'm having a blast right now, I think this is fun, EVEN getting wrongly suspected. It's like a rush of sorts lol.

But let's remember, you've said more then once how "pissed" you've been, so if anyone is making this personal, it's you my friend. Me, I'm playing a game of Mafia and havin' a good time doin' it.

Anyway, I'm not worried anymore, I'm good. Vote for whoevs, I'll see ya tonight! :beer:
I think what tipped me over the edge was your attitude towards SVS. If you can't even see the double standard you create by attacking her over not reading every word of my arsehole diatribe, vs you sitting on something for three days...

What you said to SVS was unfair.

I don't mind being wrongly suspected by you, but I don't like the way you make it out like everything is a conspiracy against you. I gave you a lot to work with, a lot of content and posts last night. As far as I could see when I woke up, you ignored all of it, instead latching on to splints pointing out that one sentence I said that, yes, could be considered a breach of rule 5. It's very similar to another thing I said back around day 3 or so, a time when SVS blasted me for not being within the 'spirit of the rules' - and if you were isoing me, you might have noticed this.

In fact, all of your play in the last 24 hours has been latching on to very small things, without any sign that you are trying to see the big picture.

Now, am I being unfair to you? In one sense. I got home from a frustrating night last night to have you attacking me over what I felt was a semantic point, and you certainly bore the brunt of the fact I was already in a bad mood. And rationally, my vote for you was emotive and I'm surprised to see so many people followed it. I find bass 100% bad. I don't have those odds on you. I still have you more likely bad than good.

But am I being unfair in saying what I said this morning? I don't feel so. When someone ignores the posts you make, shows no inclination of trying to use rational thought, and would turn your words against you no matter what you say, what is there that can be said? For right now, it feels like it doesn't matter how anyone answers, you would find it to be bad. I'm bad, and if anyone agrees me or defends me they must be bad, etc. And I don't think it is unfair to expect something different to that.

I wanted to come in to the thread this morning when I woke up and change my vote to bass. I intended to. My vote for you last night was to see if you took your suspicion seriously or not. The conclusion I have come to is that you do not, since you are not engaging. Your behaviour since my original vote makes it very difficult for me to see you as anything but bad... you have exhibited no inclination to try and understand where I'm coming from or figure out whats going on.

Rather, you call me a cheat, SVS a hypocrite, and try and ask the hosts to let you out of the lynch because I've 'cheated'. I don't think it is unfair for me to take that personally.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Or, to put it another way, Matt.

The rational part of my brain says 'vote bass'.

But, when people engage the emotive part of my brain, its easy to let that rule over the rational part.

Right now, I believe the civs will win if they lynch all of you, th, timmer and bass. That's only four people, so I'm feeling good about our odds.

Is it possible I'm wrong about one of you? It is mathematically possible. Lets say there has never been a recruit, and the cabal have successfully taken out two circle baddies or that wilgy was a circle baddie. There could be less than four baddies. The rational part of my brain says it is mathematically possible for bass, TH and timmer to be bad and that to be enough for us to win the game.

And, I'm with draconus, in that of those four who I think could be bad, I actually think you ARE the least likely. Now, I still have the odds at somehwere over 50%. But I have the odds on bass being bad at close to 100%. I had no intent of voting for you today at all.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Matt wrote:I appreciate it splints, but given that your vote isn't even on me, you're not one I really need to convince right now.

If I had to pick between Golden, SVS, and Dom right now...I think it would have to be Dom. This dude...oh for shame. For shame, Dom.

That being said, I lied. I don't want to give up. I've had a really fun game and I've been questing, so I'm going to do the only thing I can and vote for Bass to save myself.

TH - I implore you to vote for Bass. I know I've been giving you shit all game, but I'm literally begging here. :grin:
Are you really paying that little attention that you don't realize that moving votes to bass isn't going to make a difference in this lunch...unless th found the cure. Which you'd only know if you were teammates with him. And I'm fairly certain that didn't happen this day and we know hadn't happened the last day. So...or are you really pretending to not see that, since you wonder why svs voted for him.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think there is merit to SVS keeping her vote where it is.

If TH has found a cure, we will know.
If he hasn't, I don't mind him being lynched.

It could be a win win.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

I'd say TH has their most important role :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And that sounded kind of arrogant like I have any say in where SVS vote ended up. But I didn't mean it that way. Just that I can see the merit in having one vote on TH.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Tranq wrote:I'd say TH has their most important role :p
Hence why they would stop the lynch?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

And why Matt voted Bass.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:Dom, what, you think I should be discussing Timmer when I'm trying to save myself and Timmer isn't even on the poll???

Are you serious?

Anyway, you can say you don't know what I'm talking about, but I've said a lot about you in this game where if you didn't know what I was talking about, you would've said something by now.

But yeah, vote Bass. For real.
Do you even pay attention to what people write?
You wrote about who to look at next. Not today. Me and Golden? I'm sorry, but what? What happened to your timmer suspicion? If you get lynched, instead of Timmer, who you say you're suspicious of-- you want us to look at me and Golden?
Yeah okay.
Matt wrote:
Dom wrote:

So maybe I do need two.

She thinks I'm his baddie partner. :haha: Oh, the laughter hurts.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Tranq - what do you think about the possibility of not having TH lead the lynch, but having him 'lead' the lynch?
Golden wrote:I think there is merit to SVS keeping her vote where it is.

If TH has found a cure, we will know.
If he hasn't, I don't mind him being lynched.

It could be a win win.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

You didn't ask me, but I think it's possible. and I highly doubt Matt doesn't know that.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I agree with that idea.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:I agree with that idea.
Tranq, do you think Matt really had/has no idea that TH was likely poisoned?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Ofcourse not :P

I expect Bass to either vote Matt or to miss the vote.
I expect Timmer to vote Bass.
I expect TH to vote Bass.

I think SVS should keep her vote where it is.
I'm voting Matt for now to see what happens.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Talk to me about why you're voting for Matt, Tranq.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:You know what, Matt?

I really really really really want to vote bass today.

I'm more or less 100% sure he is bad.

But you make it impossible.
Golden wrote:I find bass 100% bad. I don't have those odds on you. I still have you more likely bad than good.
Golden wrote:Or, to put it another way, Matt.

The rational part of my brain says 'vote bass'.

And, I'm with draconus, in that of those four who I think could be bad, I actually think you ARE the least likely. Now, I still have the odds at somehwere over 50%. But I have the odds on bass being bad at close to 100%. I had no intent of voting for you today at all.
Why are you not voting for Bass?

And how can you be "more or less 100% sure" Bass is bad? Is it less than 100%? Is it more? :confused:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh great, more semantics. Just what I feel like addressing. Not.

Perhaps you can look up what 'more or less' means for yourself.

Do you have a problem with me voting matt?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That is exactly my point. Why do you repeatedly mention "100%" in regards to Bass, yet you hedge your bets? You're either 100% sure he's bad or you're not. It's a strong percentage to be throwing around willy-nilly.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Do you have a problem with me voting matt?
I have a problem with you voting Matt for some emotional reason over the person you supposedly think is 100% bad.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:Do you have a problem with me voting matt?
I have a problem with you voting Matt for some emotional reason over the person you supposedly think is 100% bad.
OK. Well, I guess I'll just have to live with that.

I am, at least, glad to see that you have read my posts through fully. It means I don't have to answer the question from the post before, since you clearly already know the answer.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So you're not voting for Bass, who you are more or less 100% sure is bad, because Matt upset you?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If you want me to vote bass instead of matt, bullying me into it is not going to help.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:If you want me to vote bass instead of matt, bullying me into it is not going to help.
You call it bullying, I call it trying to understand your point of view.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If you were trying to 'understand my point of view', the approach you would have taken would not have been to clip, out of long posts full of context, three references I made to how sure I feel that bass is bad.

You would have just asked me why I'm voting matt when I'm so sure about bass.

Your conduct is not one of 'trying to understand my point of view'. It's one of trying to make me look bad. I can tell the difference.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why are you voting for Matt when you're so sure about Bass?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And by the way, at end of day.

My vote might be on bass
My vote might be on matt

You only know where it is now. I think what you are trying to do is avoid the trap tranq set for you by trying to get me to reveal what my thinking is for end of day.

And I have no intention of doing that. I know where my vote will be at end of day. But I'm not spilling.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@TH - the definition of madness is asking the same question over and over and hoping for a different answer.

You have read my very detailed posts about where my head is at. You already know the answer to that question you are asking over and over. So why do you keep asking it?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:@TH - the definition of madness is asking the same question over and over and hoping for a different answer.

You have read my very detailed posts about where my head is at. You already know the answer to that question you are asking over and over. So why do you keep asking it?
I guess I was hoping to figure out if there was something more to it, but I can see I'm getting nowhere :shrug2:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, why didn't you just ask that? Instead of making silly semantic comments like 'do you mean more than 100% or less?' I will repeat, I don't buy that this is what you were doing. When people are asking genuine questions because they want information, those questions tend to be asked genuinely - not loaded.

I have been completely open about where my head is at. Trust me, when I get like what I've gotten like over the last 24 hours, nothing gets held back. I lay it all out there.

My vote for Matt is partly emotional, but certainly not entirely emotional. I think my posts have made that clear.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Well, why didn't you just ask that? Instead of making silly semantic comments like 'do you mean more than 100% or less?' I will repeat, I don't buy that this is what you were doing. When people are asking genuine questions because they want information, those questions tend to be asked genuinely - not loaded.
You are misunderstanding me if you think my question was loaded. I genuinely want to know if you are 100% sure Bass is bad, or if you're not. You mention "100%" repeatedly in tandem with Bass, but you curtail that with "more or less". I genuinely want to know what that means.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

My opinion on Matt is based inlarge part on his relationship to TH/Timmer. At this stage, I think there is no question that Timmer is bad, being both afk and off the poll. I also think there is no question that TH is bad, what with the lynch stop. Bass seems more disinterested than bad to me, although I tend to be notoriously wrong about him. If he is bad he is probably cabal, which would account for the disinterest with a dead team. But I would rather make a dent in the Circle before handing them the cabals kill.

So I am happy with my vote where it is.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:Well, why didn't you just ask that? Instead of making silly semantic comments like 'do you mean more than 100% or less?' I will repeat, I don't buy that this is what you were doing. When people are asking genuine questions because they want information, those questions tend to be asked genuinely - not loaded.
You are misunderstanding me if you think my question was loaded. I genuinely want to know if you are 100% sure Bass is bad, or if you're not. You mention "100%" repeatedly in tandem with Bass, but you curtail that with "more or less". I genuinely want to know what that means.
It means that one always has to recognise there is a margin of error in a game with role secrets/map etc, but that I am as sure as it is possible for me to be.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:I also think there is no question that TH is bad, what with the lynch stop.
That's a bulletproof theory you've got there. Don't forget I'm also Dr. Dre's evil sidekick.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bass_the_Clever
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I also think there is no question that TH is bad, what with the lynch stop.
That's a bulletproof theory you've got there. Don't forget I'm also Dr. Dre's evil sidekick.
I did not say it is bulletproof. Snideness does not suit you :|
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I did not say it is bulletproof. Snideness does not suit you :|
You said there is no question. I take that to mean you are not considering other possibilities.

I apologize for being snide though. The accusations have been frustrating this game. Everyone's a conspiracy theorist.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I can't disagree with that last line.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

A World Reborn Day 10 Lynch Poll

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

A World Reborn Night 10 Poll

Post by Long Con »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm voting for bass, before the site goes down on me again.

I would have liked to have seen timmer's choice first, but oh well.

Return to “Previous Jobs”