Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 4

Post by Snapshot »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Deidre -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=19909#p19909
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=20142#p20142

are you able to put that in an actual link by any chance? I'm on my phone in a room full of people

Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

interesting... either its a legit hint or the baddies know that role is dead somehow. but that role doesn't have a lynch switch. lynch results trump role hint imo.

votes carmen.

Reporting
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

I will not speak again until the sun sets. I have made thirty utterances, and to the Djinns, thirty is the perfect number. Rotated ninety degrees, it looks like the bosom of a well-endowed she-Djinn.

Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:I will not speak again until the sun sets. I have made thirty utterances, and to the Djinns, thirty is the perfect number. Rotated ninety degrees, it looks like the bosom of a well-endowed she-Djinn.

:haha:
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

I could easily go with Finnian or Fane, until I have come to a decision about Carmen. I'll go with Finnian though, to minimize the chance of Rumple being able to shift enough votes elsewhere.

Assault
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

A king owns an apple tree, and whoever picked an apple from it he would wish underground. His three daughters looked to see if any fell, and after a time the youngest said that their father loved them too much for that. When they ate, they sank underground. The king offered them to whoever saved them.

Three huntsmen set out. They found a castle with no one in it but food set out, so they watched and then ate, and agree that they would draw lots; one would stay and the other two would search. The eldest stayed, and a mannikin begged for bread. When the man gave him some, the mannikin dropped it and asked it to give him it again. He refused and the mannikin beat him. The same thing happened to the second huntsman. When the third one stayed, he did take up the bread, but refused after the mannikin dropped it again and beat him. The mannikin got him to stop by promising to show him how to get the king's daughters again. He showed him a deep well without water, warned that his companions would betray him and so he had to go alone, and vanished. The third told the other two, and they went to the well. The eldest and next both tried to be lowered, but panicked; the youngest went down and found the king's daughters being held captive, one by a dragon with nine heads, one by one with five, one by one with four. He killed the dragons and had the king's daughters lifted in the basket. Then he put in a rock; his brothers cut the rope and took the princesses back to the king.

The youngest found a flute. Playing it conjured up elves, who brought him to the surface. The princesses told the truth, and the older brothers were hanged, but the youngest son married the youngest princess.

Manchin Ironbeast has been lynched. He was The Gnome. A secret Civ role.

It is now Day - you have 48 hours to lynch someone.

Special hostess note: Because we are moving from a day phase to another day phase, there are NO night powers in play this cycle.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

Well,well,well who just tried something bad? Also this Poll will end at 6PM EST Friday 17 May

Eurolyvn
No votes
Lyel
No votes
Gobnait
No votes
Fane
Shand Azureye (4), Eurolyvn Blissfulone (5) 10%
Anchoret
No votes
Queran
No votes
Bronwyn
No votes
Bac
No votes
Izett
No votes
Shand
No votes
Dallon
No votes
Ameerah
No votes
Mainchin
No votes
Etain
No votes
Gaerwen
No votes
Rhinfrew
No votes
Dierdre
No votes
Grutfud
No votes
Carmen
Bronwyn Mightyfeet (9), Finnian Metalfox (10), Ameerah Frolicstag (18), Dierdre Wonderbird (19) 20%
Finnin
Rhinfrew Flowingrass (6), Etain Royalskull (7), Gobnait Gingeruite (11), Lyel Lambboat (12), Queran Gloomsoul (13), Bac Wunderelin (14), Izett Cruelsinger (15), Carmen Brightsun (16), Mainchin Ironbeast (17), Miyuki Lovelymoth (20) 50%
Miyuki
No votes
Laine
No votes
Always it's us/Hosts/Sockadelic/Deaded/Nons
Roxy (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Dilan Bluemoss (3), bea (8) 20%
Total votes : 20
;)
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I must lie down and take a dose of salts... :sigh:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 5

Post by Young Lady »

Well, uhm. RIP Mainchin. This throws my whole Carmen/Mainchin theory into the trash. I guess I was right in assuming that Roxy's little sentence in that other post meant two days in a row...

Really not sure what to make of all this ...
Supervisor
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Oh no! I liked you, Mainchin. RIP :(
To be recycled
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Larry David »

Well shit. RIP Mainchin.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Before anyone asks, I have no clue how I survived.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

The same way as last time would be my guess
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Also bye Mainchin :(
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:The same way as last time would be my guess
So you think Finnian was saved twice?
Supervisor
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Wasn't I only saved once? I thought Carmen led last lynch. Or am I horribly wrong?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Well that's what I was asking Bac..
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:Wasn't I only saved once? I thought Carmen led last lynch. Or am I horribly wrong?
Carmen had more visible votes than you, yes. Does not mean she led. This was discussed.

Does no night mean The Trickster did not get to pick a word? So we might perhaps have a normal lynch?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Well that's what I was asking Bac..
Huh? Not sure what this is referring to can you help a Pixie out and explain? You like explaining, make it a looooong explanation, with lots of multisyllabic words :dance:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Yeah I don't think there is a secret word for today.

Linki - That was in reference to me asking you if you thought Finnian was saved twice, but you already answered.
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:
Does no night mean The Trickster did not get to pick a word? So we might perhaps have a normal lynch?
Only makes sense. I would post a "dance" icon, but dancing is strictly forbidden by my religion. That...and no legs.

Speaking of He-Who-Does-Not-Deserve-to-be-Named, I had a vision of his activity. I must now pray and learn if I am free to disclose what I have seen.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

So...then maybe we can have a normal LYNCH where we are PINGED by BADDIES??? And they try to WIFOM their way out of it with RANDOM votes, but they can't do it???

Hells to the yeah :D

And ooooo, visions are awesome :)
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

RIP Mainchin :( I thought you were a helpful player.

But thank goodness there was no night and we do not have a Rumple word today. Maybe we can have a regular lynch for once. And, if I am correct, there were two night kills on Night 2. So, my guess is that two of us were saved with there being no night 4. :lorab:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Allah has spoken!

In my vision, I watched. And behold! A trollish little man who, legend has it, could spin straw into gold, was approaching a trio of ruffians. He spoke with them, and even though I hid behind a sycamore tree, I heard his speech plainly: The enchanting word for Day 2 was "Castle."
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Oh poo on the result. :mad: Again, Mainchin had no votes, just as Bac last time, iirc.

And interesting factoid Rhin. This could be helpful indeed, look back with hindsight and all that jazz.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Allah has spoken!

In my vision, I watched. And behold! A trollish little man who, legend has it, could spin straw into gold, was approaching a trio of ruffians. He spoke with them, and even though I hid behind a sycamore tree, I heard his speech plainly: The enchanting word for Day 2 was "Castle."
Yes, I too got this information. Hopefully this will help us understand a little of what is going on in Rumple's head. :ponder:
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

RIP Mainchin. I don't know if you were aligned with the town, or were operating on your own. I do know that I had great fun playing with you, dear friend, and you will be missed.

I see talk of a push away from Finnian, and as the first non-Finnian voter, I feel it is my duty to reiterate my reasons for voting Fane instead. Given the choice, I'll always vote on odds, rather than gut feeling. The arguments against Finnian and Fane were similar; both were low posters/contributors. Yet, there's a key difference. While Finnian had missed all three lynch polls (and hence his nightly powers), Fane hadn't missed a single one. Finnian, however, had made it to the night polls, meaning he hadn't completely disappeared. So if he was still around, then why wasn't he voting during the day? If he's a baddie, why were his teammates letting him get away with not voting? Does this mean that I think Finnian is one of the town? Hardly, I really have no way of knowing for sure. And yet, all other things being equal (low post count, no substantial contribution to the discussion, etc.) Fane is much more likely to be part of team mafia. Hence my vote to Fane.

I think it was Etain who first brought up the idea of the supposed diversion away from Finnian. Etain, can you please explain why you thought Finnian was a better lynch candidate than Fane (other than gut feeling)? Once again, I'm not saying Finnian is not mafia. He very well could be, or he could be a solo baddie, or any of the secret roles. But given the information we had at the time, why do you think the odds of Finnian being baddie are higher than the odds those of Fane being mafia?

This is most interesting! I wish we had information on the day 3 word, since that's when the first unexpected lynch happened. It may, nonetheless, be worth our while to check if the enchanting word was uttered by anyone on day 2.
Management
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Shand Azureye wrote:RIP Mainchin. I don't know if you were aligned with the town, or were operating on your own. I do know that I had great fun playing with you, dear friend, and you will be missed.
bea wrote:

Manchin Ironbeast has been lynched. He was The Gnome. A secret Civ role.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Carmen Brightsun wrote:

Yes, I too got this information. Hopefully this will help us understand a little of what is going on in Rumple's head. :ponder:
Me too! :)
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Ah thank you Djinn, missed the Civ part.

A quick word search shows that three players said "Castle" during day 2: Bronwyn, Rhinfrew, and Dilan. Since nothing unexpected happened on day 2 anyway, I don't think we can find much use for this information. In any case, today we forget Rumpel's magic words, and discuss with abandon. I've hardly seen a role that seemed so innocuous at first glance, and yet had such hidden depths. Well done hostesses, you've created a monster.
Management
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

:disappoint:
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Shand Azureye wrote:RIP Mainchin. I don't know if you were aligned with the town, or were operating on your own. I do know that I had great fun playing with you, dear friend, and you will be missed.

I see talk of a push away from Finnian, and as the first non-Finnian voter, I feel it is my duty to reiterate my reasons for voting Fane instead. Given the choice, I'll always vote on odds, rather than gut feeling. The arguments against Finnian and Fane were similar; both were low posters/contributors. Yet, there's a key difference. While Finnian had missed all three lynch polls (and hence his nightly powers), Fane hadn't missed a single one. Finnian, however, had made it to the night polls, meaning he hadn't completely disappeared. So if he was still around, then why wasn't he voting during the day? If he's a baddie, why were his teammates letting him get away with not voting? Does this mean that I think Finnian is one of the town? Hardly, I really have no way of knowing for sure. And yet, all other things being equal (low post count, no substantial contribution to the discussion, etc.) Fane is much more likely to be part of team mafia. Hence my vote to Fane.

I think it was Etain who first brought up the idea of the supposed diversion away from Finnian. Etain, can you please explain why you thought Finnian was a better lynch candidate than Fane (other than gut feeling)? Once again, I'm not saying Finnian is not mafia. He very well could be, or he could be a solo baddie, or any of the secret roles. But given the information we had at the time, why do you think the odds of Finnian being baddie are higher than the odds those of Fane being mafia?
Why are you singling out one Finian voter? I also think Finian is more likely Mafia (and apparently so did most people), and it has more to do with the fact that Fane was not one of the lynch leaders on the day the lynch was switched to me. Lots of other people MAY be Mafia, in fact, many other people ARE Mafia. But we were basing todays discussion on the two people who survived the last lynch. Even if you do not believe that I was switched to, the fact is that either Carmen or Finian was probably saved. lots of people saw reason to give Carmen benefit of the doubt, so that left Finian.

What the hell does that have to do with Fane? The main reason we were looking at Finian was his survival that day.

I am not sure why you are putting one person on the defensive for something lots of other people also did, and something that is in no way proved to be incorrect.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

Fane Winebattle has been born again. I have 25 pages of confusing names to catch up on, so it will be a minute or two.
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:

Why are you singling out one Finian voter? I also think Finian is more likely Mafia (and apparently so did most people), and it has more to do with the fact that Fane was not one of the lynch leaders on the day the lynch was switched to me. Lots of other people MAY be Mafia, in fact, many other people ARE Mafia. But we were basing todays discussion on the two people who survived the last lynch. Even if you do not believe that I was switched to, the fact is that either Carmen or Finian was probably saved. lots of people saw reason to give Carmen benefit of the doubt, so that left Finian.

What the hell does that have to do with Fane? The main reason we were looking at Finian was his survival that day.

I am not sure why you are putting one person on the defensive for something lots of other people also did, and something that is in no way proved to be incorrect.
Calm down, good Rajah. I'm not singling anyone out for anything. The point is not whether Etain (or any of the Finnian voters) thought Finnian was mafia or not (obviously they did, hence they voted him). My post was written to get a better understanding of why people (Etain being the first, and hence mentioned in my post, and not for singling out) thought there was a diversion. You (and all Finnian-voters) thought Finnian was mafia, I (and all Fane-voters) thought Fane was more likely to be one, and we voted our respective top suspects of the day. So far so good. But if someone is going to say that there was diversion, then I have to respond to that.
Management
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I gotta say, Shand, that post took you from "no real opinion, it could go either way" all the way up to "Potential Baddie McBaddington". I did not necessarily think the Fane voters were Finians teammates, but now I am going to give then a second look. Trying to put someone else on the defensive becasue you made a questionable vote feels like a really baddie move to me.

Your post did not sound like a response, it sounded like an attack.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:Your post did not sound like a response, it sounded like an attack.
I'm shocked you found it offensive. I only wanted to seek clarification. Please accept my sincere apologies Bac, attacking anyone was the last thing on my mind. Etain, I'm sorry to you too if it came across as an attack. I honestly did not mean it that way.
Management
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

OK, maybe I am tenderfooted after the recent attempt on my life, and seeing baddies everywhere.

it just seemed a deflection attempt, and rather a good one, lol.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I am curious; Queran keeps trying to implicate me with Gob. Does any one have opinions regarding Queran vs. Gob? TBH, I could see either or both of them being civ, or either or both of them being bad (presuming there are two bad teams), or any combo thereof.

i know this was a biggish topic a few days ago, but it seems to have died down.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:I am curious; Queran keeps trying to implicate me with Gob. Does any one have opinions regarding Queran vs. Gob? TBH, I could see either or both of them being civ, or either or both of them being bad (presuming there are two bad teams), or any combo thereof.

Well, more recently I've been thinking Gob is buddying up to you to get your trust and support, moreso than that the two of you are on a team.
Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

RIP Mainchin! that sucks :( I see that you vouched for Laine way back, so I'll trust him as of now.

No night powers is awesome, this levels the playing field for once.
Reporting
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

RIP Mainchin. :(

So if Rumpel was involved in Mainchin's demise, then the word must have been said quite a lot since Finnian had accrued a large number of votes... That's disheartening. :disappoint:
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

So what if I don't vote I don't get a night power and if I do no one gets one? :p
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:RIP Mainchin. :(

So if Rumpel was involved in Mainchin's demise, then the word must have been said quite a lot since Finnian had accrued a large number of votes... That's disheartening. :disappoint:
RIPIYWG Mainchin and I was leaning good for you though who knows.

Yes, I'm afraid we're going to have to be super careful with our words. I have tried but i need to try harder and change synonyms every day. As you say, it had to be a lot of us who said the word in this last day period.

I looked back at my "castle" word - it was after we had to pick between castle, grandma's house and the woods. I was making a point to Gobsuite about my kidding about wine at the castle. I looked at Rhinfrew's usage too and it was equally benign in my opinion. I didn't see anyone else who used it on day 2 but maybe i missed someone. I'd encourage everybody to take a look at the posts. Just search for castle under advanced search for current job.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:
Bac Wunderelin wrote:I am curious; Queran keeps trying to implicate me with Gob. Does any one have opinions regarding Queran vs. Gob? TBH, I could see either or both of them being civ, or either or both of them being bad (presuming there are two bad teams), or any combo thereof.

Well, more recently I've been thinking Gob is buddying up to you to get your trust and support, moreso than that the two of you are on a team.
Every time someone calls him Gob, I go immediately into Arrested Development mode.

Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

I don't know if this has been asked, or made clear. If the magic word is used in a quote, does it also count as a vote for Rumpel to steal?
Assault
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I don't know if this has been asked, or made clear. If the magic word is used in a quote, does it also count as a vote for Rumpel to steal?
I assumed so but lets ask:

Hostesses: if we quote someone where they have used the word of the day does our quote count as a separate instance of the word?

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Management
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:
Shand Azureye wrote:I apologize for not participating much today; work has been brutal, and I haven't been able to give the game as much time as it deserves. I've read through and enjoyed the eloquent, well-thought out recent posts. Unfortunately, and this could also have to do with my shattered confidence -- I really believed Jorhan would flip bad -- I'm still not getting any strong pings. What also makes my hands a bit shaky as I move it towards the vote button is Bac's idea that there may be another secret baddie team lurking. If this is correct, then our situation looks very bleak indeed, and we most certainly need to choose our target wisely today.

Right now, I'm fairly certain that Gobnait is a townie (else, he's the best baddie I have ever played against), and I'm feeling good about Bac as well. Despite the Jorhan debacle, I still feel uneasy about Queran, but that may just be because of his style. His eloquence and verbosity I appreciate more than anyone else's in the game, and at the same time, it's these same qualities that also make me a bit apprehensive about his agenda. I certainly don't have anything concrete against him though, and while I don't feel comfortable voting for him today, my eyes are ever set on him.
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Mainchin - Table switcher. First to propose the idea that there is at least one mafia at each table and that the hosts may have decreed that. Says he will likely randomize Day 1, then ultimately decides to vote for a low poster, Gaerwen. He defends Laine here when Laine began taking heat for his posts and vote Day 1. He has a couple of posts defending Gobnait (maybe buddying up to him??). And I was somewhat bothered by his post here. At the end he says he will try to find some time to read back and form some opinions of his own, but barring that will vote for "the most satisfactory argument from my esteemed fellow creatures." To me this reads like a nice little set-up for being able to place the blame on someone else's case if a civvie gets lynched again.
Thank you for the synopses Ameerah, that helped me a lot. I've my eyes on all the three players you mention (Mainchin, Laine, and Carmen). Of the three, I find Mainchin the most interesting at this point, especially coupled with the point that Rhinfrew brought up earlier. Mainchin voted for Miyuki at a point when Jorhan was all but sure to be lynched. This could be a simple baddie tactic to stay out of trouble, knowing (as only a baddie can know) that the town would come after the Jorhan-voters when, eventually, it would be revealed that Jorhan was good. This is a minor ping, however, and truth be told, I'm almost as lost today as I was on day 1. I do have to vote soon because I don't know if I will be able to get on the internet before the poll closes. I will give it another hour or so, and hopefully a second read will bring something to my attention that I might have missed in my first. Failing that, I'm leaning towards a Mainchin vote today.
I have never ever voted for Myuki! :eye:
I found this while rereading mainchin. I find it interesting. Ameerah and Shand both are kind of (looking at it in retrospect) trying to cast suspicion against Mainchin. I also find it WAAAAAY interesting that Ameerah mentions someone buddying up to Gobnait. Buddying up is not the totally commonest expression, in Mafia. I did a search of it at RM and came up with 66 matches. Second time this game I see someone discussing "buddying up" in relation to Gobnait.

Personally I have no connection to Gobnait, but a few people seem realllly invested in trying to plot connections for him. Shand also specifically says he would like to plot connections for Mainchin, Carmen & Laine based on Ameerahs post. Now, Mainchin was a civvie. My initial suspicion of Laine was based on Jorhan being bad, which he was not. A lot of people, including me, seem to see potential civ credentials in Carmen.

This post is one of theose things that make you go hmmmm, as far as I am concerned.

Today we have a chance to have a lynch free of fear of talking and free of Rumpys manipulation. We really need to talk a lot today, and get our cards and suspicions on the table.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I don't know if this has been asked, or made clear. If the magic word is used in a quote, does it also count as a vote for Rumpel to steal?

quoting does not add rumple votes. Only the original person who said the word has their vote changed.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

Return to “Previous Jobs”