Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by sig »

All caught up Monster post incoming
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DUe to the size I didn't check this over for typos/grammar errors I don't think there are to many if so sorry.

OKAY lets do this, first thing first wth? How’d y’all end up lynching Enrique this game. I’m six pages in he has dropped multiply hints that he is the seer I’m shocked you ended up lynching him. I will be quoting some posts from the start things that ping me etc as well as keeping in mind who the mafia killed. Right know Diiny’s wagon is going full force.
TheFloyd73 wrote:I gotta ask, MM, what inspired you to base this around trees?
True it is a first post but it is kinda pingy.
Diiny wrote:attempting to start conversation about currently barely-relevant game mechanics on day 1 seems like the opposite of a meaty day 1 to me and has a record of being pretty scummy behaviour.

but yeah, it could. :)
I agree with this trying to figure out which set up we have is distracting.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote: Floyd, say something game relevant please :D
Because this is surely game relevant.
Diiny wrote:If a tree wins a poll in the forest but nobody is around to hear it, does it get lynched?
Dinny
I don’t understand this post at all. Youranswer to Dinny asking you to make a game post is to give a sarcastic answer and vote for him?
DrWilgy wrote:
motel room wrote:We're not even 24 hours into Day 1. I don;t think a Diiny lynch was a "given" at a few hours into the game (before Wilgy's claim).

Wilgy, have you played an infodumping-allowed game before?
Tis be my normal environment. Infodumping rules are still a odd concept to me.
I like the no infodumping rule, much better for bigger rolemadness games when you can’t infodump/claim.
Enrique wrote:Diiny should still be lynched. But not because DrWilgy says so.
Interesting
motel room wrote:
FZ. wrote:zebra, care to place a bet on me being scum? If you win, name your prize :p
FZ
Good to be playing another game with you motel don’t lynch me this time. Speaking of lynched why did you vote for FZ?
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:Any other thoughts, motel room?
I will say that I agree with you that I think it's unlikely that there was a successful scum peek. I will also say that I'm considering voting for you today.
Why?

Page 6 done. Right now my scum reads are Diiny, motel, Floyd, and a minor ping on Zebra/FZ can’t explain the Zebra one and some of FZ post seem pingy others don’t
Still think Floyd and Diiny are scum only issue is they are arguing right know Diiny and FZ are tied for the lynch and I’m not liking a lot of these post I’m havingquite a few pings, but right now I feel good about Sorsha , Epi, and Wilgy. (yes ik Wilgy is dead flipped town)
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
I will say that I agree with you that I think it's unlikely that there was a successful scum peek. I will also say that I'm considering voting for you today.
:flamed:

Anything else? On, you know, anything that's being discussed.
you don't want to know why I'd be suspicious of you?
Why not just say why your suspicious of him?
DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:*quietly sits back and munches on popcorn*
Hmmm... Wilgy, this post is without purpose. Why is this post on my screen? What inspired its creation?
Lol
DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Hmmm... Wilgy, this post is without purpose. Why is this post on my screen? What inspired its creation?
Hmmm...I think I'll follow Wilgy's example for a bit. This isn't the unbiased Wilgy that I'm used to
Can’t believe you lynched Wilgy worth leaving him alive even if he is scum if he adds comic relief.
a2thezebra wrote:*steps outside of observation mode temporarily*
Diiny wrote:Essay over, feeling GOOD. NO STRESS. let's GO, boys. I haven't read the thread. Ask me questions. throw your shit. Because you're not lynching me and wilgy's lying
What are your thoughts on FZ?
Why go into observer mode to begin with? That is quite strange.
Diiny wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Diiny wrote:Did you see floyd last game? Identical, nay, even less content per game hour. Also note how he completely doesn't actually engage with my post and omgusses me hard
I did. What's your point?
Floyd was scum last game. He is behaving exactly as he did last game. He's doing scummy things.

Should I tell my gut to stop screaming scum for no particular reason? guy hasn't made me feel good about him even after I gave him an opportunity, just used it as a reason to vote on the biggest wagon and run.
Agree with Diiny here about Floyd.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would encourage those who've already voted for Diiny to at least pause for a moment and carefully consider their vote and their mindset, because this is one of those wagons that could easily drift into a lynch while everyone complacently just waits. That's rarely ideal -- critically assess the situation and ensure you're really giving him a fair opportunity.

I wish I had more time to personally address this in a thorough way instead of just rendering advice, but yanno. I gotta get to sleep now, but I'll be back tomorrow with plenty of time to spare. I hope it continues to be an active discussion.
Woot woot! Was looking for something like this if Diiny is scum so is JJJ this seems like a scum attempt to save their buddy. I will be curious to see JJJ role ingetting Enrique lynched.
DrWilgy wrote:Looks like civ Floyd to me...

What puts me on your scumdar Floyd?
Hope my scumdar works better than my gaydar since my gaydar sucks expect for that one time, oh wait yeah didn’t work that one time either for different reasons :P
Plan to ISO some people practiced on other forums so I could do it here. :noble: But here is a post from Floyd no doubt you’ll see it again soon.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote:It's clearly an omgus just without my vote on him. I pressure him, he calls me hypocritical (incorrectly) and leaves after, content with flinging his vote onto the only wagon quickly behind the first two votes.

Look at the actual posts, I make a fair analysis of the guy, and if that wasn't fair enough after his vote I explain my stance further. Why did you see why he voted for me? Because I was the wagon and he's looking for an easy place to drop dat vote? Because I totally agree :)
Excuse me? Am I not permitted to engage in social activities and my essential education?
That is insanely rude of you to suggest I call you hypocritical (which I didn't) and leave.
quote]
This seems kinda hostile and is also scummy. Consider me pinged.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
MacDougall wrote: The MacDougall mega list of confirmed scum and confirmed townies

Confirmed townies;

1. Enrique
2. Zebra

Confirmed scum;

1. Diiny
2. FZ
Can't disagree with that.
Enrique wrote:I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
Can't disagree with that either.

At the moment, Diiny, Wilgy and FZ are on my scum radar.
Why? Do you still have these reads minus Wilgy if so why, if nor what changed?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm considering an Enrique vote. I think he owns the game's most suspicious post to this point (highlighted by Doc and me).
I want JJJ lynched. Soft defense of Diiny then turns the lynch around to a counterwagon.
SCUM TEAM ALERT
JJJ/Diiny/FZ/Motel scum team ik one extra player. Motel is least likely right know, but I’m gaining confidence in a Diiny/JJJ team at least.
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Friends can you please look at Motel Room's ISO and tell me it isn't the pingiest, short posty, pointless question psuedo effort ISO of all tahhhhm?
I see a guy taking some stances, in some cases unpopular ones and/or with decent conviction. I don't think his effort bears the appearance of filler. If I were to put up another rainbow right now I might even green him.
Well he sure has you mooked. Nice play Room.
Potential JJJ and Motel connection here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I gotta run. Posting now before it crashes again. :p

I endorse a lynch of Enrique.
Diiny wrote:Enrique
Diiny wrote:I want to understand what you think wilgy's plan/particular brand of scumminess is, help me out. Because his plan seems bizarre from any angle, scum or town.
SO not keeping on FZ to save himself but switching to Enrique giving him what two votes? Starting to believe FZ/Diiny/JJJ more know.
Up to page 13 only 12 more to go.
Enrique’s lynch was just smh, I’m quite surprised I’m guessing at least two scum on that wagon.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't have time to be analytic, but here's a rainbow based on my gut right now:

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
MovingPictures07

Sorsha
TheFloyd73
DFaraday
motel room
Enrique
MacDougall

Diiny
Epignosis
FZ

The names aren't in any order, just the colors.
Why were you town reading me based on my content at this point?
Enrique is green here yet you vote for him and Diiny/FZ are both baddies YET you vote for your green over two scum reads??????
MovingPictures07 wrote:Changed my vote to Enrique
Hmmmmm
MacDougall wrote:I would definitely CFD enrique right now. His most recent post alarmed me hugely.

Check this out.

He was scum in star wars and made this post.
Enrique wrote::|

This whole thing is such a massive stretch I honestly can't believe you people are reaching the same conclusions.
He is having an almost identical reaction to suspicion here. Surely a civ enrique reacts to suspicion slightly differently?

Linki: Yes but you knew you were scum and you reacted the way you did. You're starting to do the same thing here.
Mac’s moved up potential scum right know.
MacDougall wrote:Enrique, you suck.
Know tbf I doknow his role but even when I was just reading his responses to people fake peeking made it kinda clear he knew something as well as his reactions to Wilgy. I don’t see how goodplayers couldn’t see this.
TheFloyd73 wrote:Image

Goddammit, you've just killed the best chance for a civilian win.
Not like you helped much day 1? This post seems like a scum reaction but idk, I’ve got a few to many scum reads right know.
a2thezebra wrote:Why in the name of fuck did Enrique get lynched.
Seems legit
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Reaction post: oops
Doesn’t
Diiny wrote: I'm gonna take a cheeky glance at the votes for FZ yesterday.
Diiny wrote:Which of the FZ votes were most sus in your eyes?
:evileye:
Epignosis wrote:3J put his vote on Enrique first, and then wham bam no thank ya ma'am, Enrique's votes followed.
Agree with this Epi is reading civvie to me this game.
MacDougall wrote:
Diiny wrote:
MacDougall wrote:DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra

MovingPictures07
Enrique

Sorsha
TheFloyd73
FZ.

Epignosis
DFaraday

Diiny
motel room
Enrique on Mac's tally 30 mins before deadline. Gonna look hard at his PH to see whether the swap is justified and would suggest you guys do the same. I wish there was a way to see what the tallies were like at the time of each post
I went from having a town read on him to panicking when I saw him start posting similarly to caught scum Enrique in the Star Wars game and contributed to CFD lynching him.

It's day 1, what he did in the final few moments of the day outweighed everything I had seen up until that point from others.
Suspicious not as suspicious as JJJ list though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:EBWOP

I have very little time tonight unfortunately. I have to go into town to do laundry and then get some sleep before yet more work.

Epignosis

I should be available more tomorrow evening, and might even make it to the deadline since it'll be Friday and my peers don't have my kind of fun. :P
Not lynching Diiny (former top scum read who escaped the lynch or FZ same as diiny?) But instead going after Epi?
Diiny wrote:I don't think he's a real doctor

Wilgy

That should work
Soooo scummy. I’m almost certain JJJ and Diiny are two of our scum.

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't need a lecture about being inspiring and playing for lucky breaks from a guy who voted out the cop Day 1.
Horseshit ad hominem is beneath you. You're bad.
That's not an ad hominem, nor is it horseshit.
You ignored my accusation and attacked my credibility. Ad hominem.

My part in yesterday's lynch is irrelevant, and I did not lecture you.

I'm going to level with you. If you're town, you stink. You've done shit all and pretend to have high ground because shit all is better than a vote for the cop.

You're bad.
Attacking your credibility is not an ad hominem. If you are bad, then you should have no credibility.

Now, the underlined, THAT's an ad hominem, Chuckles. ;)

Presently, I have done more for the civilians than you have. You are, as of now, a liability to the civilians. If we had voted out Floyd Day 1 and even then he turned out to be a civilian, that STILL would have been a superior play than what transpired. And your vote for Enrique was the weakest maneuver I've ever witnessed you make. Observe:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Doc's review of Enrique brought me to this post.
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:u first tiger
right, i'm suss of you because of your little hop away from your Diiny vote to voting Wilgy after his cop claim, to getting back on Diiny. Reads like you didn't know where to sit and now have a theory involving them both being scum.
I want to hear YOUR opinion on Diiny.

For the record, I've always been perfectly okay with a Diiny lynch. Wilgy did look more dangerous for a bit, but really, as long as we get a bad guy today there's no rush. Lynching DrWilgy is taking too big a risk atm when we know so little about what he's trying to do.

I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
:ponder:

The highlighted bits seem a bit inflated to me -- as in they assign importance and seriousness to something that I don't think needs to be viewed that way. Why is lynching DrWilgy a "big risk" by comparison to lynching the guy he claimed to red peek when most of us thought it was a lie anyway?

Moreover, Enrique has been entertaining the notion that Doc and Diiny are both Mafia, which makes me wonder what he thinks Diiny's lynch would reveal about Doc that he hasn't already implied. If Diiny flips town, his suspicion of Doc can persist for obvious reasons (he lied about a red peek and pushed hard for an errant lynch). If Diiny flips mafia, then his suspicion of Doc can still persist based on his own exploration of the bussing possibility.

So I'm not sure this post aligns nicely with Enrique's own stated mindset.
According to this post, you define "seems a bit inflated to me" as "[assigning] importance and seriousness to something [you] don't think needs to be viewed that way." Aside from the hedged phrasing there ("seems a bit"), the definition of "inflated" you provided is now discredited. You then ask a question that Enrique answered in the post you quoted (it's risky to lynch Wilgy before learning where he was going with his cop claim...bear in mind that it's the cop allowing WIlgy's antic).

In the second section, you preemptively cast suspicion on Enrique based on a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. That is a rotten tactic, and, ironically, it allows YOU to maintain an Enrique suspicion if Enrique survives Day 1 and Dinny is lynched either way.

So 3J, if you are the arbiter of who is stinking as a civilian, I'm not at all bothered with the insult. But you're not the arbiter of who stinks as a civilians- Mafia don't get to decide that. ;)

I'm calling 3J and Floyd as teammates.
Agreed maybe, at least about JJJ could go with Floyd to.
a2thezebra wrote:JJJ, FZ, Diiny. Bam.
Zebra stealing my thoughts here, I could switch out FZ for Floyd or Motel.
MacDougall wrote:JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra

Diiny
DrWilgy

MovingPictures07
FZ.
TheFloyd73

Epignosis
motel room
DFaraday

For those you who think James is a badder. I give to you my revised scumlist. Aren't I a unique snowflake.

Yes, I have moved Diiny waaaaaaaaay up the list. His play so far today has felt really nice and genuine to me. He has been very discerning. Me likey. DrWilgy was my previous best town read but he's dropped a little bit, not because of that bit where he tried to justify why he didn't change his vote, when he couldn't have but his posts since. He's drunk posting, which is annoying, but he's also chaos posting which I feel like a drunk guy would do when they get caught doing something bad. But, the lions share of his ISO is good so he stays high, and linki: he's back doing decent stuff so I can chalk up his mini chaos mode to drunken embarrassment.

I am firmly on James's side when it comes to the conversation between he and Epignosis. I have literally no idea where/why Epignosis shot out of the gate at Floyd and why he's being so mean to him, and I feel it's more likely to be a scum picking an easy target to produce content around than a civ just taking pot shots at a 16 year old new guy for kicks right?

Motel Room continues to bug the shit out of me, not because his content is bad so much, but that it's so measured. He only posts when he notices things that he can comment about, so I feel like he is avoiding discussions on the tough subjects and his posts have been very ... mild? Very ... conscientious? It's just a strange look. On top of that I just don't read him as genuine at all. Motel Room if you want to shake my suspicions I suggest you get your hands dirty.

Now I am strong civ reading a ton of players in this game and for that reason I have DFaraday as bad as fuck because of his low content. That's it really. I am scum reading him because I am civ reading mostly everybody else.

Jimmy and Zebra are coming across the best to me. Their thoughts are clear. I can comprehend them. I am vibing. Big ups to both if they are bad though. Lolz at Zebra having her vote on James though. That'd be right.

MP drops a bit because he's busy, it's not he that's moved so much as others around him.

FZ ... is strange. Half the posts look good to me and then some... not so good. FZ could be a baddie working their way into the game. The post Diiny caught is a bad look for FZ if you're looking for insincerity it's about the worst in the game.

Floyd, man just surely not? He's looking scummy again now that he's made some posts but surely, just surely not. He can't be scum again. If we were playing roulette or blackjack I'd put all my chips on it. Chance cannot be that cruel? I think he'd have probably replaced out if he was bad again too. But, he really does look bad. Ick. Floyd please be civ and play like it if you are. Google some advice or something.

Unfortunately, I have no extremely strong feelings about anybody. My vote for now is going on Motel Room. It could go on Epignosis or DFaraday by days end unless I see a scum tell that turns out to be wrong with 15 minutes left to go and contribute to another civ lynch by lynching a town read.
Who is James? Also how did Diiny go from scum to civ?
MacDougall wrote:
Diiny wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote: Linki- I agree FZ, this game is getting pretty awful.
FZ. wrote:This game is getting worse by the minute :disappoint:

I need to reread people, and I don't have time for it now.
How much do you want to bet that one or both of these posters are scum
FZ in particular. Good catch. That post is mad insincere. Floyd's feelings are probably quite genuine though.
No I disagree with this.
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Spoiler: show
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:3J defends you to the degree of making me look bad.

You call me Epi (have we ever played together to any extent?).

Now a question for you: What is this:

2. Epi has done his only clever motion this game, but still wants me exterminated.

What does that mean?
You put it on yourself, man. I have no idea what you've got against me, but whatever it is, just share it.

Am I not permitted to call you Epi? Give me a reason not to.

My statement refers to he fact that pointed out that Mac gone against his word but you still want me gone.
I'm no longer concerned about the dramatic language at least when he's talking to/about Epignosis. The "Epi" thing is a reasonable inspiration for dramatic language.
I'm still chuckling that many are taking the "Epi" part of my post so seriously.
It is slightly pingy people are taking that post serious tbh I read it as joking.
MacDougall wrote:I am going to vote for Epi. Wilgy you can self preservation vote him if you want.
Useless vote if you think Wilgy is clean, this is a good vote though for a scum player.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:We need to agree on someone or Wilgy is dead.
You don’t seem to be pushing for anyone else, or really caring that Wilgy is about to be lynched even though you think he is scum?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

quotes got all messed upsome of myresponses are in quotes?

So top scum reads
JJJ
Floyd
Scum Lean
Mac
Diiny
Zebra
Civ lean
Epi
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 187

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm going to try this a third time. Diiny
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Voting
JJJ

I see no point in wasting time with my votes, him saving Diiny and the last minuted cfd on Enrique as well as "attempting" to save Wilgy but not really are all very scummy. I think they killed Dfraday since Mac put him as scum and they think this will help clear Mac (if Mac is a teammate)
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

Well sig just cleared FZ in double time with that.

Sig I believe JJJs vote at the end of the day is fucked as fuck.

Doc was on 3 votes, Epi and Diiny on 2 votes. Epi had me and JJJ and Diiny had Docs on him. JJJ was scum reading Diiny, Epi and FZ. He claimed to not want Doc lynched so instead of leaving his vote on Epi so Wilgy could self pres vote into a tie between him and a JJJ scum read or changing to Diiny for the same reason he voted for FZ. I read that as him protecting one of Epi or Diny, or at a stretch both.

Lynching JJJ is priority. Then it's working out which of the other two his interactions with were worse. I am leaning Diiny after some consideration.

Voting JJJ.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay, glad I'm not the only one thinking this. In theory Epi could be a teammate. However, I think it is more likely Diiny is the amount of pressure he got for it to just disperse to two other wagons makesme think they were scum involved. Especially since the Enrique push and save Diiny post were both started by JJJ, and that is just his day 1 actions.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all. I'm going to apologize profusely in advance to all of you and MM. But this Day 3 timing couldn't possibly be any worse for me, since my final is Tuesday at 7:00AM. Expect me to be barely here. However, after that I'm fully willing to make up for any gap in supatown MP.

Welcome, sig! Glad to have you. Sad to see FZ. go, but it seems like she was pretty busy. I had FZ.'s behavior down as incredibly mafia-seeming, so you have a lot of room to grow, sig, if you are civilian. So far, so good. :beer:

I can join in applying pressure on JJJ for now. Curious to see what he has to say.

Mac, can you tell me how sig's behavior clears FZ.? His contribution so far seems solid, but I'm far from convinced.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, what was up with zebra's vote at EoD? zebra, can you explain this? I was really surprised when you moved from Diiny who you have been suspecting really intensely, to DrWilgy who you seemed to feel decently better about, and then didn't switch it back.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by a2thezebra »

This post, MP. WIFOM is a bridge, and when the WIFOM ends you're either on the side with town or the side against town. I saw this post and concluded that Wilgy was on the wrong side.
DrWilgy wrote:So I'm still out of town and don't have time to catch up before EOD. I have suspicions towards Diiny and FZ still. I don't feel comfortable with how close I am to being lynched, Diiny would you be willing to change off me to FZ? I will as well
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Diiny
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Care to talk floyd?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:Ewwww Epi teaches English reason enough to lynch him imo
Please, put me out of my misery.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:DUe to the size I didn't check this over for typos/grammar errors I don't think there are to many if so sorry.

OKAY lets do this, first thing first wth? How’d y’all end up lynching Enrique this game. I’m six pages in he has dropped multiply hints that he is the seer I’m shocked you ended up lynching him. I will be quoting some posts from the start things that ping me etc as well as keeping in mind who the mafia killed. Right know Diiny’s wagon is going full force.
TheFloyd73 wrote:I gotta ask, MM, what inspired you to base this around trees?
True it is a first post but it is kinda pingy.
Diiny wrote:attempting to start conversation about currently barely-relevant game mechanics on day 1 seems like the opposite of a meaty day 1 to me and has a record of being pretty scummy behaviour.

but yeah, it could. :)
I agree with this trying to figure out which set up we have is distracting.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote: Floyd, say something game relevant please :D
Because this is surely game relevant.
Diiny wrote:If a tree wins a poll in the forest but nobody is around to hear it, does it get lynched?
Dinny
I don’t understand this post at all. Youranswer to Dinny asking you to make a game post is to give a sarcastic answer and vote for him?
DrWilgy wrote:
motel room wrote:We're not even 24 hours into Day 1. I don;t think a Diiny lynch was a "given" at a few hours into the game (before Wilgy's claim).

Wilgy, have you played an infodumping-allowed game before?
Tis be my normal environment. Infodumping rules are still a odd concept to me.
I like the no infodumping rule, much better for bigger rolemadness games when you can’t infodump/claim.
Enrique wrote:Diiny should still be lynched. But not because DrWilgy says so.
Interesting
motel room wrote:
FZ. wrote:zebra, care to place a bet on me being scum? If you win, name your prize :p
FZ
Good to be playing another game with you motel don’t lynch me this time. Speaking of lynched why did you vote for FZ?
motel room wrote:
Why?

Page 6 done. Right now my scum reads are Diiny, motel, Floyd, and a minor ping on Zebra/FZ can’t explain the Zebra one and some of FZ post seem pingy others don’t
Still think Floyd and Diiny are scum only issue is they are arguing right know Diiny and FZ are tied for the lynch and I’m not liking a lot of these post I’m havingquite a few pings, but right now I feel good about Sorsha , Epi, and Wilgy. (yes ik Wilgy is dead flipped town)
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
:flamed:

Anything else? On, you know, anything that's being discussed.
you don't want to know why I'd be suspicious of you?
Why not just say why your suspicious of him?
DrWilgy wrote:
Lol
DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Hmmm...I think I'll follow Wilgy's example for a bit. This isn't the unbiased Wilgy that I'm used to
Can’t believe you lynched Wilgy worth leaving him alive even if he is scum if he adds comic relief.
a2thezebra wrote:*steps outside of observation mode temporarily*
Diiny wrote:Essay over, feeling GOOD. NO STRESS. let's GO, boys. I haven't read the thread. Ask me questions. throw your shit. Because you're not lynching me and wilgy's lying
What are your thoughts on FZ?
Why go into observer mode to begin with? That is quite strange.
Diiny wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Diiny wrote:Did you see floyd last game? Identical, nay, even less content per game hour. Also note how he completely doesn't actually engage with my post and omgusses me hard
I did. What's your point?
Floyd was scum last game. He is behaving exactly as he did last game. He's doing scummy things.

Should I tell my gut to stop screaming scum for no particular reason? guy hasn't made me feel good about him even after I gave him an opportunity, just used it as a reason to vote on the biggest wagon and run.
Agree with Diiny here about Floyd.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would encourage those who've already voted for Diiny to at least pause for a moment and carefully consider their vote and their mindset, because this is one of those wagons that could easily drift into a lynch while everyone complacently just waits. That's rarely ideal -- critically assess the situation and ensure you're really giving him a fair opportunity.

I wish I had more time to personally address this in a thorough way instead of just rendering advice, but yanno. I gotta get to sleep now, but I'll be back tomorrow with plenty of time to spare. I hope it continues to be an active discussion.
Woot woot! Was looking for something like this if Diiny is scum so is JJJ this seems like a scum attempt to save their buddy. I will be curious to see JJJ role ingetting Enrique lynched.
DrWilgy wrote:Looks like civ Floyd to me...

What puts me on your scumdar Floyd?
Hope my scumdar works better than my gaydar since my gaydar sucks expect for that one time, oh wait yeah didn’t work that one time either for different reasons :P
Plan to ISO some people practiced on other forums so I could do it here. :noble: But here is a post from Floyd no doubt you’ll see it again soon.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote:It's clearly an omgus just without my vote on him. I pressure him, he calls me hypocritical (incorrectly) and leaves after, content with flinging his vote onto the only wagon quickly behind the first two votes.

Look at the actual posts, I make a fair analysis of the guy, and if that wasn't fair enough after his vote I explain my stance further. Why did you see why he voted for me? Because I was the wagon and he's looking for an easy place to drop dat vote? Because I totally agree :)
Excuse me? Am I not permitted to engage in social activities and my essential education?
That is insanely rude of you to suggest I call you hypocritical (which I didn't) and leave.
quote]
This seems kinda hostile and is also scummy. Consider me pinged.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
MacDougall wrote: The MacDougall mega list of confirmed scum and confirmed townies

Confirmed townies;

1. Enrique
2. Zebra

Confirmed scum;

1. Diiny
2. FZ
Can't disagree with that.
Enrique wrote:I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
Can't disagree with that either.

At the moment, Diiny, Wilgy and FZ are on my scum radar.
Why? Do you still have these reads minus Wilgy if so why, if nor what changed?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm considering an Enrique vote. I think he owns the game's most suspicious post to this point (highlighted by Doc and me).
I want JJJ lynched. Soft defense of Diiny then turns the lynch around to a counterwagon.
SCUM TEAM ALERT
JJJ/Diiny/FZ/Motel scum team ik one extra player. Motel is least likely right know, but I’m gaining confidence in a Diiny/JJJ team at least.
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Friends can you please look at Motel Room's ISO and tell me it isn't the pingiest, short posty, pointless question psuedo effort ISO of all tahhhhm?
I see a guy taking some stances, in some cases unpopular ones and/or with decent conviction. I don't think his effort bears the appearance of filler. If I were to put up another rainbow right now I might even green him.
Well he sure has you mooked. Nice play Room.
Potential JJJ and Motel connection here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I gotta run. Posting now before it crashes again. :p

I endorse a lynch of Enrique.
Diiny wrote:Enrique
Diiny wrote:I want to understand what you think wilgy's plan/particular brand of scumminess is, help me out. Because his plan seems bizarre from any angle, scum or town.
SO not keeping on FZ to save himself but switching to Enrique giving him what two votes? Starting to believe FZ/Diiny/JJJ more know.
Up to page 13 only 12 more to go.
Enrique’s lynch was just smh, I’m quite surprised I’m guessing at least two scum on that wagon.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't have time to be analytic, but here's a rainbow based on my gut right now:

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
MovingPictures07

Sorsha
TheFloyd73
DFaraday
motel room
Enrique
MacDougall

Diiny
Epignosis
FZ

The names aren't in any order, just the colors.
Why were you town reading me based on my content at this point?
Enrique is green here yet you vote for him and Diiny/FZ are both baddies YET you vote for your green over two scum reads??????
MovingPictures07 wrote:Changed my vote to Enrique
Hmmmmm
MacDougall wrote:I would definitely CFD enrique right now. His most recent post alarmed me hugely.

Check this out.

He was scum in star wars and made this post.
Enrique wrote::|

This whole thing is such a massive stretch I honestly can't believe you people are reaching the same conclusions.
He is having an almost identical reaction to suspicion here. Surely a civ enrique reacts to suspicion slightly differently?

Linki: Yes but you knew you were scum and you reacted the way you did. You're starting to do the same thing here.
Mac’s moved up potential scum right know.
MacDougall wrote:Enrique, you suck.
Know tbf I doknow his role but even when I was just reading his responses to people fake peeking made it kinda clear he knew something as well as his reactions to Wilgy. I don’t see how goodplayers couldn’t see this.
TheFloyd73 wrote:Image

Goddammit, you've just killed the best chance for a civilian win.
Not like you helped much day 1? This post seems like a scum reaction but idk, I’ve got a few to many scum reads right know.
a2thezebra wrote:Why in the name of fuck did Enrique get lynched.
Seems legit
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Reaction post: oops
Doesn’t
Diiny wrote: I'm gonna take a cheeky glance at the votes for FZ yesterday.
Diiny wrote:Which of the FZ votes were most sus in your eyes?
:evileye:
Epignosis wrote:3J put his vote on Enrique first, and then wham bam no thank ya ma'am, Enrique's votes followed.
Agree with this Epi is reading civvie to me this game.
MacDougall wrote:
Diiny wrote:
MacDougall wrote:DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra

MovingPictures07
Enrique

Sorsha
TheFloyd73
FZ.

Epignosis
DFaraday

Diiny
motel room
Enrique on Mac's tally 30 mins before deadline. Gonna look hard at his PH to see whether the swap is justified and would suggest you guys do the same. I wish there was a way to see what the tallies were like at the time of each post
I went from having a town read on him to panicking when I saw him start posting similarly to caught scum Enrique in the Star Wars game and contributed to CFD lynching him.

It's day 1, what he did in the final few moments of the day outweighed everything I had seen up until that point from others.
Suspicious not as suspicious as JJJ list though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:EBWOP

I have very little time tonight unfortunately. I have to go into town to do laundry and then get some sleep before yet more work.

Epignosis

I should be available more tomorrow evening, and might even make it to the deadline since it'll be Friday and my peers don't have my kind of fun. :P
Not lynching Diiny (former top scum read who escaped the lynch or FZ same as diiny?) But instead going after Epi?
Diiny wrote:I don't think he's a real doctor

Wilgy

That should work
Soooo scummy. I’m almost certain JJJ and Diiny are two of our scum.

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't need a lecture about being inspiring and playing for lucky breaks from a guy who voted out the cop Day 1.
Horseshit ad hominem is beneath you. You're bad.
That's not an ad hominem, nor is it horseshit.
You ignored my accusation and attacked my credibility. Ad hominem.

My part in yesterday's lynch is irrelevant, and I did not lecture you.

I'm going to level with you. If you're town, you stink. You've done shit all and pretend to have high ground because shit all is better than a vote for the cop.

You're bad.
Attacking your credibility is not an ad hominem. If you are bad, then you should have no credibility.

Now, the underlined, THAT's an ad hominem, Chuckles. ;)

Presently, I have done more for the civilians than you have. You are, as of now, a liability to the civilians. If we had voted out Floyd Day 1 and even then he turned out to be a civilian, that STILL would have been a superior play than what transpired. And your vote for Enrique was the weakest maneuver I've ever witnessed you make. Observe:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Doc's review of Enrique brought me to this post.
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:u first tiger
right, i'm suss of you because of your little hop away from your Diiny vote to voting Wilgy after his cop claim, to getting back on Diiny. Reads like you didn't know where to sit and now have a theory involving them both being scum.
I want to hear YOUR opinion on Diiny.

For the record, I've always been perfectly okay with a Diiny lynch. Wilgy did look more dangerous for a bit, but really, as long as we get a bad guy today there's no rush. Lynching DrWilgy is taking too big a risk atm when we know so little about what he's trying to do.

I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
:ponder:

The highlighted bits seem a bit inflated to me -- as in they assign importance and seriousness to something that I don't think needs to be viewed that way. Why is lynching DrWilgy a "big risk" by comparison to lynching the guy he claimed to red peek when most of us thought it was a lie anyway?

Moreover, Enrique has been entertaining the notion that Doc and Diiny are both Mafia, which makes me wonder what he thinks Diiny's lynch would reveal about Doc that he hasn't already implied. If Diiny flips town, his suspicion of Doc can persist for obvious reasons (he lied about a red peek and pushed hard for an errant lynch). If Diiny flips mafia, then his suspicion of Doc can still persist based on his own exploration of the bussing possibility.

So I'm not sure this post aligns nicely with Enrique's own stated mindset.
According to this post, you define "seems a bit inflated to me" as "[assigning] importance and seriousness to something [you] don't think needs to be viewed that way." Aside from the hedged phrasing there ("seems a bit"), the definition of "inflated" you provided is now discredited. You then ask a question that Enrique answered in the post you quoted (it's risky to lynch Wilgy before learning where he was going with his cop claim...bear in mind that it's the cop allowing WIlgy's antic).

In the second section, you preemptively cast suspicion on Enrique based on a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. That is a rotten tactic, and, ironically, it allows YOU to maintain an Enrique suspicion if Enrique survives Day 1 and Dinny is lynched either way.

So 3J, if you are the arbiter of who is stinking as a civilian, I'm not at all bothered with the insult. But you're not the arbiter of who stinks as a civilians- Mafia don't get to decide that. ;)

I'm calling 3J and Floyd as teammates.
Agreed maybe, at least about JJJ could go with Floyd to.
a2thezebra wrote:JJJ, FZ, Diiny. Bam.
Zebra stealing my thoughts here, I could switch out FZ for Floyd or Motel.
MacDougall wrote:JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra

Diiny
DrWilgy

MovingPictures07
FZ.
TheFloyd73

Epignosis
motel room
DFaraday

For those you who think James is a badder. I give to you my revised scumlist. Aren't I a unique snowflake.

Yes, I have moved Diiny waaaaaaaaay up the list. His play so far today has felt really nice and genuine to me. He has been very discerning. Me likey. DrWilgy was my previous best town read but he's dropped a little bit, not because of that bit where he tried to justify why he didn't change his vote, when he couldn't have but his posts since. He's drunk posting, which is annoying, but he's also chaos posting which I feel like a drunk guy would do when they get caught doing something bad. But, the lions share of his ISO is good so he stays high, and linki: he's back doing decent stuff so I can chalk up his mini chaos mode to drunken embarrassment.

I am firmly on James's side when it comes to the conversation between he and Epignosis. I have literally no idea where/why Epignosis shot out of the gate at Floyd and why he's being so mean to him, and I feel it's more likely to be a scum picking an easy target to produce content around than a civ just taking pot shots at a 16 year old new guy for kicks right?

Motel Room continues to bug the shit out of me, not because his content is bad so much, but that it's so measured. He only posts when he notices things that he can comment about, so I feel like he is avoiding discussions on the tough subjects and his posts have been very ... mild? Very ... conscientious? It's just a strange look. On top of that I just don't read him as genuine at all. Motel Room if you want to shake my suspicions I suggest you get your hands dirty.

Now I am strong civ reading a ton of players in this game and for that reason I have DFaraday as bad as fuck because of his low content. That's it really. I am scum reading him because I am civ reading mostly everybody else.

Jimmy and Zebra are coming across the best to me. Their thoughts are clear. I can comprehend them. I am vibing. Big ups to both if they are bad though. Lolz at Zebra having her vote on James though. That'd be right.

MP drops a bit because he's busy, it's not he that's moved so much as others around him.

FZ ... is strange. Half the posts look good to me and then some... not so good. FZ could be a baddie working their way into the game. The post Diiny caught is a bad look for FZ if you're looking for insincerity it's about the worst in the game.

Floyd, man just surely not? He's looking scummy again now that he's made some posts but surely, just surely not. He can't be scum again. If we were playing roulette or blackjack I'd put all my chips on it. Chance cannot be that cruel? I think he'd have probably replaced out if he was bad again too. But, he really does look bad. Ick. Floyd please be civ and play like it if you are. Google some advice or something.

Unfortunately, I have no extremely strong feelings about anybody. My vote for now is going on Motel Room. It could go on Epignosis or DFaraday by days end unless I see a scum tell that turns out to be wrong with 15 minutes left to go and contribute to another civ lynch by lynching a town read.
Who is James? Also how did Diiny go from scum to civ?
MacDougall wrote:
Diiny wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote: Linki- I agree FZ, this game is getting pretty awful.
FZ. wrote:This game is getting worse by the minute :disappoint:

I need to reread people, and I don't have time for it now.
How much do you want to bet that one or both of these posters are scum
FZ in particular. Good catch. That post is mad insincere. Floyd's feelings are probably quite genuine though.
No I disagree with this.
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:3J defends you to the degree of making me look bad.

You call me Epi (have we ever played together to any extent?).

Now a question for you: What is this:

2. Epi has done his only clever motion this game, but still wants me exterminated.

What does that mean?
You put it on yourself, man. I have no idea what you've got against me, but whatever it is, just share it.

Am I not permitted to call you Epi? Give me a reason not to.

My statement refers to he fact that pointed out that Mac gone against his word but you still want me gone.
I'm no longer concerned about the dramatic language at least when he's talking to/about Epignosis. The "Epi" thing is a reasonable inspiration for dramatic language.
I'm still chuckling that many are taking the "Epi" part of my post so seriously.
It is slightly pingy people are taking that post serious tbh I read it as joking.
MacDougall wrote:I am going to vote for Epi. Wilgy you can self preservation vote him if you want.
Useless vote if you think Wilgy is clean, this is a good vote though for a scum player.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:We need to agree on someone or Wilgy is dead.
You don’t seem to be pushing for anyone else, or really caring that Wilgy is about to be lynched even though you think he is scum?
What the fuck is this?

A breath of fresh air, is what. Finally, some support.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am voting JaggedJimmyJay. I stand by what my assessment of him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epi I was reading the other game and realised that it's possible your day 1 outburst on Floyd was a mixture of random voting and being annoyed that he swapped out of your game but is playing here. Is that a fair assumption?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sig why are scum leaning on me?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm going to try this a third time. Diiny
Zebra Isee your voting for Diiny that is good with me, but if necessary would you be willing to switch to JJJ? IF you do I would be more then willing to vote Diiny with you tomorrow since I'm confident JJJ is scum.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:Epi I was reading the other game and realised that it's possible your day 1 outburst on Floyd was a mixture of random voting and being annoyed that he swapped out of your game but is playing here. Is that a fair assumption?
I implied as much in my third or fourth post:
Epignosis wrote:I'm voting Floyd. He said he wouldn't be playing Mafia for a while- yet here he is. :suspish:
and here:
Epignosis wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm voting Floyd. He said he wouldn't be playing Mafia for a while- yet here he is. :suspish:
I haven't played in two weeks, that's still a good amount of time. Also, how does this interfere with whichever role I am?
You can say that again. :suspish:
I'm surprised no one has gotten that until now.

Of course, that's no reason to suspect someone. Floyd's participation anywhere has nothing to do with his role here. I know that.

But I did pose the issue: How do you lynch on a quiet person? It happens very rarely here. I figure why not accuse the person of something not game-related, stick to it for a stretch, and see what other people do. The field is narrower, and a few gentlemen have defended Floyd. I think that's useful.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If Jimmy flips scum I will be looking deeper into Diiny too. And Floyd's Diiny vote today looks like distancing to me. I still think it's possible that Epi and Jimmy were staging a shit fight but in the harsh light of day it's highly unlikely they were. And I am now capable of aligning all of epi's behavior to civ so he is looking better to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What happened tree mafia you changed, you used to be active.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm not going to be here much/at all today. I'm about to leave to hang out with friends and later it'll be football time.

If your town and your vote is on me then congratulations, you're wrong. It happens, but you're going to need to consider alternative theories, because if you allow your ass to simmer on that vote and start basing your other analysis on my eventual mafia flip, you're wasting your time. I'm not asking you to change your mind on me right now, I'm asking you to remain conscious of the other side because I'm not seeing any of that at the moment.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:What happened tree mafia you changed, you used to be active.
Whatever it was, I don't think it had anything to do with Dfaraday -__-
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm not going to be here much/at all today. I'm about to leave to hang out with friends and later it'll be football time.

If your town and your vote is on me then congratulations, you're wrong. It happens, but you're going to need to consider alternative theories, because if you allow your ass to simmer on that vote and start basing your other analysis on my eventual mafia flip, you're wasting your time. I'm not asking you to change your mind on me right now, I'm asking you to remain conscious of the other side because I'm not seeing any of that at the moment.
Sucks that you can't be here because you have to explain why you voted the way you did at the end of the day phase.

Situation:

JJJ has bad read on FZ, Diiny + Epignosis
Wilgy has 3 votes on he, Jimmy not scum reading he
Epi has 2 votes, including Jimmy
FZ has 1 vote, MP
Diiny has 2 votes, including Wilgy

Problem:

Doc is nearly lynched and Jimmy not want

Solution:

Jimmy moves vote from Epi (2 votes) to FZ (2 votes) instead of Diiny (3 votes) which would have at least put Wilgy in a coin flip with a scum read.

Other concerns:

It was so late that you gave Wilgy only the option of changing his vote from Diiny to FZ at the last minute to self preserve, but your vote was so late that you gave him non ample time to do so. Also had he come in at the same time as your vote to self preserve vote he would have voted for Epignosis, another scum read of yours to do so, putting Epi into a coin flip, but then your vote would have moved it to FZ. Time was of the essence so this delay could have been crucial to him being lynched. However he did not self preserve vote Epignosis, so that clusterfuck unfortunately did not eventuate.

How this looks:

It looks like your read on Diiny was baloni and that you moved your vote to FZ instead of to Diiny because you didn't actually want him lynched at all.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by FZ. »

Hey, just wanted to say I'm sorry for dropping out of the game, but I'm really sick and so is my daughter, so I'm just literally exhausted and can't keep up with the game. Hope you all have a great game. Thank you Sig for replacing me :)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:Hey, just wanted to say I'm sorry for dropping out of the game, but I'm really sick and so is my daughter, so I'm just literally exhausted and can't keep up with the game. Hope you all have a great game. Thank you Sig for replacing me :)
Get well soon, the both of you! :)
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

Sig, matey, you mostly agree with me and support my posts in your 'monster post'. It seems like your entire read on me is based off of JJJ. You criticize my posts about the votes for FZ when I corrected myself posts later (I meant Enrique). Why was my vote for Wilgy SOOO scummy? I'd been on the guy for a while, and got another piece of what I thought was decent evidence. Out of the three wilgy votes, why is mine the worst? Worse than Zeb's flip-o-rama? And I'm 4th on your list of scum but still in your scum teams?

I want you to tell me what you think of Zeb's wilgy vote. I want everyone to. I will in a sec
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I think it's fine.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:This post, MP. WIFOM is a bridge, and when the WIFOM ends you're either on the side with town or the side against town. I saw this post and concluded that Wilgy was on the wrong side.
DrWilgy wrote:So I'm still out of town and don't have time to catch up before EOD. I have suspicions towards Diiny and FZ still. I don't feel comfortable with how close I am to being lynched, Diiny would you be willing to change off me to FZ? I will as well
A) why didn't you say this at the time or at least indicate it at all? I certainly got the impression that you were a solid Wilgy fan, especially when you defended him next to me questioning him. I don't understand how you can call me disingenuous for criticizing his wifom and then turn around and post this. IN THE NEXT DAY PHASE.

B) I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this post, either. You said wifom isn't indicative of alignment; are you saying here that is polarises a player, exaggerating a previous town/scum read?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Diiny
This man has voted for me three times. Once for alleged hypocrisy. Once for a self preservation vote despite me explaining to him why townies self preserve. And here again. Who knows why?

Floyd, why don't you explain your votes? Why do you have so little content on anyone else? Why are you so reluctant to play mafia? Don't give me anything about you being bad at mafia, because you're not incapable of explaining yourself. I'd be willing to believe you were a struggling townie if I saw any real struggle or drive from you to grapple with the game.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:This post, MP. WIFOM is a bridge, and when the WIFOM ends you're either on the side with town or the side against town. I saw this post and concluded that Wilgy was on the wrong side.
A) why didn't you say this at the time or at least indicate it at all? I certainly got the impression that you were a solid Wilgy fan, especially when you defended him next to me questioning him. I don't understand how you can call me disingenuous for criticizing his wifom and then turn around and post this. IN THE NEXT DAY PHASE.

B) I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this post, either. You said wifom isn't indicative of alignment; are you saying here that is polarises a player, exaggerating a previous town/scum read?
A) I indicated it with my vote. I was never a Wilgy fan, I was simply not a fan of the suspicion against him up to that point. Nearly all of it was opportunistic as hell. Also I'm having a silent chuckle at you trying to imply that the next day phase isn't enough time for a flip-flop, which my vote wasn't to begin with. Even if it was, I've gone from one opinion to the opposite and back again in under two hours in many-a-game, a day phase is nothing substantial. You criticizing his WIFOM was and still is disingenuous and my vote on him was and still is justified, even if it was wrong. I wasn't criticizing his WIFOM in the first place, and made it clear that it was the way he departed from that technique that pinged me enough to seal the deal. Did you even read the very post you're responding to?

B) I'm saying that WIFOM is WIFOM. It could go either way with equal likelihood. So when someone uses WIFOM for a while as Wilgy did and then stops using it and appears scummy, it's not a stretch to interpret then that their WIFOM was scum-motivated.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

sig wrote:Care to talk floyd?
:haha:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Diiny
This man has voted for me three times. Once for alleged hypocrisy. Once for a self preservation vote despite me explaining to him why townies self preserve. And here again. Who knows why?

Floyd, why don't you explain your votes? Why do you have so little content on anyone else? Why are you so reluctant to play mafia? Don't give me anything about you being bad at mafia, because you're not incapable of explaining yourself. I'd be willing to believe you were a struggling townie if I saw any real struggle or drive from you to grapple with the game.
You honestly think him being a struggling scum is more likely, with BTSC to help him and everything? No you don't, you're being opportunistic, and you need to be lynched today like you should have been Day 1 before JJJ saved you.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:Frequently used in place of the real arguments and evidence in their favour that scum often lack, or used as seen here to avoid accountability for stuff.
It's only alignment-indicative if the scum-motivated explanation is just as if not more likely than any other explanation. I don't think Wilgy is avoiding accountability either.
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:And I have no idea why Zebra's treating it like it's no biggie.
I'm not, I just don't see how it's alignment-indicative.
You don't see how liberal use of wifom is alignment indicative?
Nope. Enlighten me.
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:And I have no idea why Zebra's treating it like it's no biggie.
I'm not, I just don't see how it's alignment-indicative.
a2thezebra wrote:Hey Wilgy there's no better cure for hangovers than lynching a bad guy, and you're currently the cause of a tie preventing a lynch against that guy.
DrWilgy wrote:Diiny can you be any more disingenuous?
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:Top. Quality. Wifom.
10/10 would call a taxi
a2thezebra wrote:Whaaaaaaaaaaat the fuck. Why are we digging our own grave here? If scum is going to win this game let's at least give them a damn challenge.
a2thezebra wrote:TheFloyd73
Epignosis
MovingPictures07
MacDougall
DrWilgy
DFaraday
motel room
JaggedJimmyJay
FZ.
Diiny
Please don't try and say you were "Never a Fan of DrWilgy" again. The pink shit looks like something you'd say to someone you really thought was town. Wilgy's yellow on your rainbow. I've got nothing against flips per say, and I often think they show towniness. but NOTHING telegraphed this, there's nothing in your post history prior to the vote that shows any kind of logical progression into the vote. You didn't include a reason on the post itself, only after the day phase. I don't care how long it takes to flip, I just like to see it develop organically. And there's nothing like that here. You accuse me of being oppertunistic, but there's no reason scumhunting SHOULDN'T be. You should pressure scummy moves and things as soon as they happen; don't give a potential scum a chance to recover. Alongside a solid reading of the thread and a taking into account of all the evidence 'opportunistic' pouncing is a very useful tool.

linki: and you use the word again here for floyd for a suspicion I've had for this entire game. Look at the guy in talking heads. It's the same thing. He had BTSC there and he still floundered and made some genuine slips etc. Tell me what he's shown you that makes him town. I've made room for a town floyd, look at my response to him when he said he was bad at mafia. I'm not seeing town floyd and I'm not letting a player who I think is bad slip through because he's new.

It really feels like you're disagreeing with almost everything I say for the sake of it, and I don't like it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

u bad
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Yes, I was never a fan of DrWilgy. Interacting with him, defending him against fabricated suspicions, and not outright saying that I scum read him is not the same as being a fan of him. Where did I say he was a town read for me? Ever? I'm not disagreeing with you for the sake of it, every argument you've made is disingenuous.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MacDougall wrote:If Jimmy flips scum I will be looking deeper into Diiny too. And Floyd's Diiny vote today looks like distancing to me. I still think it's possible that Epi and Jimmy were staging a shit fight but in the harsh light of day it's highly unlikely they were. And I am now capable of aligning all of epi's behavior to civ so he is looking better to me.
I feel like JJJ doesn't fight his scummates. I've only seen him scummy a couple of times but the guy's fetish is cooperation whatever his alignment. Of course not an issue if you reckon Epi's civ. I'll ask what you think of Epi not wanting to talk about the previous day's votes on day 2 in favour of typing the word floyd some more if you think he's civ now

linki zeb: I chuckled, so thanks for that.

I'd like a real response though
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You suspect Floyd for things that aren't alignment-indicative. If you were mistaken, fine. You're not simply mistaken. You know exactly what you're doing.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Those pink posts, zeb, plus defending him so hard that you'll discredit the guy making the accusations, plus having him as a yellow read and you're genuinely trying to sell that you had enough suspicion of the guy voiced to warrant that flop not coming off as inorganic as fuck. I feel like you're trying to reduce this to semantics now and focusing on what exactly 'never a fan means' now that I've pointed out how nicely you were treating the guy. I read all those things I quoted and I see someone who had a fairly strong read of the guy. There's nothing in your post history that says anything negative about him. Please, show me something that does. I'd be much happier if what I perceive you to have done didn't actually happen, trust me.

Linki: I suspected him for the same last game and he flipped scum. Tell me again it's not alignment indicative. Why are you so certain I'm wrong?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I'm going to take a good look at JJJ and probably end up looking at Epi and Mac because of how heavily their PHs are intertwined.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Queue real response:
Diiny wrote: Please don't try and say you were "Never a Fan of DrWilgy" again. I wouldn't need to if you weren't trying to make my vote for him look like a flip when it wasn't. I wouldn't need to say I was never a fan of him if you weren't the one trying to make it look like I was. The pink shit looks like something you'd say to someone you really thought was town. Bullshit. How? Wilgy's yellow on your rainbow. I've been over this three times already. Wilgy's content at that point was nothing but WIFOM, and Wilgy himself agreed so don't try to deny it please. For me, WIFOM means just as likely bad as good. You've voiced your disagreement with that opinion, I'm aware. But you're acting as if my perception of how WIFOM should best be interpreted is the same as yours, that way my vote for Wilgy looks more like a flip than it actually is. "THE NEXT DAY PHASE" Give me a break. You know I'm not what you're making me out to be, both in my opinions and with my actions. Therefore, you are not simply mistaken about my motivations. Therefore, you are being opportunistic. Therefore, you are scum. It's not me looking for things to disagree with you, it's you making arguments that you yourself don't believe. Fabricated. Disingenuous. Mafia. It's flat-out absurd that you haven't been lynched yet when this was apparent from the beginning of the game. I've got nothing against flips per say, and I often think they show towniness. It's not a flip. but NOTHING telegraphed this Look at the post that Wilgy made that resulted in me voting for him. I even quoted it for you but you are deliberately ignoring it so your all-caps "nothing" makes more sense to anyone who isn't paying enough attention., there's nothing in your post history prior to the vote that shows any kind of logical progression into the vote That is because, again, as I have already friggin' said three times before this post, the post that sealed my vote was Wilgy's post right before it. There's no "progression" because Wilgy had given no reason for me to think he was good or bad before that post. It was the first post that struck out as neither genuine nor overtly WIFOM-y, so it was all the progression I needed. Hence. My. Vote. How is this not apparent when looking at my vote post in context itself? I don't believe for a second that you don't understand it.. You didn't include a reason on the post itself Bullshit., only after the day phase That was me accommodating those that skimmed through the context of my vote post to read your scummy misrepresentation of it.. I don't care how long it takes to flip Yet again, it wasn't a flip. A flip would be if I town read him before and scum read him later. My vote was the first time I read him as anything other than neutral. And this was clear WHEN IT HAPPENED., I just like to see it develop organically My read of Wilgy was developed more organically than anyone else in this game, even if it was wrong.. And there's nothing like that hereBullshit.. You accuse me of being oppertunistic, but there's no reason scumhunting SHOULDN'T beScumhunting, real scumhunting that is, is genuine. If anyone is accused of being opportunistic the implication is that there is an ulterior motive behind insert suspicion here. Don't try to play semantics just because you have no real defense for your disingenuous behavior.. You should pressure scummy moves and things as soon as they happen; don't give a potential scum a chance to recover Thank you for explaining to yourself why my vote on Wilgy was justified.. Alongside a solid reading of the thread and a taking into account of all the evidence 'opportunistic' pouncing is a very useful tool. Right because your back-and-forth with me here is totally taking into account everything else the thread as to offer. Oh and your Floyd suspicion as well. Totally not fabricated one bit.

linki: and you use the word again here for floyd for a suspicion I've had for this entire game Because it's fake. You're misrepresenting your own perspective. Consistency has nothing to do with being genuine here.. Look at the guy in talking heads. It's the same thing. It's the same thing in all of his games. The best way to catch Floyd is to catch him scumslip. He did that in Talking Heads more than once, have you seen him do it here? I don't think so. He had BTSC there and he still floundered and made some genuine slips etc. Again, have you seen him do it here? Nope.Tell me what he's shown you that makes him town. Tell me what he's shown you that makes him scum. No one's lynched just because they're not overtly town, players are lynched because they are outright scummy. I've made room for a town floyd Nonsense., look at my response to him when he said he was bad at mafia. I'm not seeing town floyd and I'm not letting a player who I think is bad slip through because he's new. Then make a case for why is he bad. If it's based on him using the excuse that he's inexperienced with the game as an indicator that he's scum, then it's nothing. If anything that's an indication that he's town because he would not get away with posting the way he is (that particularly) with BTSC buddies to advise him to do otherwise.

It really feels like you're disagreeing with almost everything I say for the sake of it, and I don't like it. For the sake of what?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:Those pink posts, zeb, plus defending him so hard that you'll discredit the guy making the accusations, plus having him as a yellow read and you're genuinely trying to sell that you had enough suspicion of the guy voiced to warrant that flop not coming off as inorganic as fuck. I feel like you're trying to reduce this to semantics now and focusing on what exactly 'never a fan means' now that I've pointed out how nicely you were treating the guy. I read all those things I quoted and I see someone who had a fairly strong read of the guy. There's nothing in your post history that says anything negative about him. Please, show me something that does. I'd be much happier if what I perceive you to have done didn't actually happen, trust me.

Linki: I suspected him for the same last game and he flipped scum. Tell me again it's not alignment indicative. Why are you so certain I'm wrong?
You're just repeating yourself here again ignoring the points I've already made that refute these issues. If you would be happier perceiving me as genuine, stop ignoring the actual content I'm providing you. I'm certainly not ignoring yours. If you want me to perceive you as genuine, stop letting every argument you make be comprised solely of ignorance of crucial information.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

The linkitis is in that last post I responded to is especially damning. You're trying to make it out like I'm certain that you are simply wrong as opposed to being certain that you're being deceitful. It makes you look better that way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Only here for a few minutes. Just caught up on the Diiny/zebra back-and-forth. I find myself falling on Diiny's side of the argument more than zebra's here, with regards to Wilgy. With regards to Floyd, I agree more with zebra.

zebra, I also thought that some of the things you said about Wilgy (like when he self-voted) implied that you thought he was town. If that's not what you intended to imply, then I interpreted them incorrectly as well. I think you should take a step back from your suspicion of Diiny, and see if you can examine his accusation of you from a town-minded perspective.

Diiny, don't you think that you would need more than the basis of one game to suspect someone based on meta-influenced accusations?

Looking forward to JJJ's elaboration when he has some time.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Diiny wrote:Sig, matey, you mostly agree with me and support my posts in your 'monster post'. It seems like your entire read on me is based off of JJJ. You criticize my posts about the votes for FZ when I corrected myself posts later (I meant Enrique). Why was my vote for Wilgy SOOO scummy? I'd been on the guy for a while, and got another piece of what I thought was decent evidence. Out of the three wilgy votes, why is mine the worst? Worse than Zeb's flip-o-rama? And I'm 4th on your list of scum but still in your scum teams?

I want you to tell me what you think of Zeb's wilgy vote. I want everyone to. I will in a sec
Ah okay didn't see that you meant Enrique. At that time I was also operating under the thought that FZ was also scum so you created a different wagon day 2. It might have been something else as well, but at this time I can't remember.
FZ. wrote:Hey, just wanted to say I'm sorry for dropping out of the game, but I'm really sick and so is my daughter, so I'm just literally exhausted and can't keep up with the game. Hope you all have a great game. Thank you Sig for replacing me :)
Your welcome glad to do it, I hope you both feel better soon.
ImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 76

Post by motel room »

ok, gonna catch up after my Monday morning meetings.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

some things:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:*prolonged fart noise*

Good night y'all.
^ this was the same response JJJ had in RYM #82 after working a bullshit case on me, we argued, then I flipped town. Lest we forget.

Mac's hunger feels genuine to me.

My back is killing me, i must have slept on it wrong.
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Was he bad in that game?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MacDougall wrote:Was he bad in that game?
he was scum-killing-town-while-town-tried-to-discern-who-was-scum scum.
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

[quote="a2thezebra"]Queue real response:
[quote="Diiny"]
I wouldn't need to if you weren't trying to make my vote for him look like a flip when it wasn't. I wouldn't need to say I was never a fan of him if you weren't the one trying to make it look like I was. You don't think it looks objectively like you had a town read of the guy? Why does MP agree with me here? I'm sure others do. Bullshit. How? Again, it should be obvious. Telling someone who votes that they're making the game easier for scum is clearly indicative of your stance on the guy. I've been over this three times already. Wilgy's content at that point was nothing but WIFOM, and Wilgy himself agreed so don't try to deny it please. For me, WIFOM means just as likely bad as good. You've voiced your disagreement with that opinion, I'm aware. But you're acting as if my perception of how WIFOM should best be interpreted is the same as yours, that way my vote for Wilgy looks more like a flip than it actually is.[/colour] Splitting this one into two because it's long. I'm not questioning your stance on wifom if that isn't clear. Maybe flip isn't the right word, if you're adamant that he was a neutral read. It was an unsubstantiated, unevidenced and unexplained by express posts or through anything in your post history vote jump to someone you were quite clearly defending. "THE NEXT DAY PHASE" Give me a break. You know I'm not what you're making me out to be, both in my opinions and with my actions. Therefore, you are not simply mistaken about my motivations. Therefore, you are being opportunistic. Therefore, you are scum. It's not me looking for things to disagree with you, it's you making arguments that you yourself don't believe. Fabricated. Disingenuous. Mafia. It's flat-out absurd that you haven't been lynched yet when this was apparent from the beginning of the game. Thanks for confirming that you didn't say anything before the next day phase. Don't deflect from that point by shouting that I'm scum over and over because that's not going to make it true. It's not a flip. Look at the post that Wilgy made that resulted in me voting for him. I even quoted it for you but you are deliberately ignoring it so your all-caps "nothing" makes more sense to anyone who isn't paying enough attention. THAT'S your evidence? You literally quoted it and typed ugh. No reasoning, no content, no explenation, nothing. It wasn't until the next day that you elaborated, you just swooped in and despite being questioned on it left it at that. Why? I also extrapolate from the questioning of your vote that I wasn't the only one with no idea what the hell was behind it at the time. That is because, again, as I have already friggin' said three times before this post, the post that sealed my vote was Wilgy's post right before it. There's no "progression" because Wilgy had given no reason for me to think he was good or bad before that post. It was the first post that struck out as neither genuine nor overtly WIFOM-y, so it was all the progression I needed. Hence. My. Vote. How is this not apparent when looking at my vote post in context itself? I don't believe for a second that you don't understand it.From yellow to tip top scum read because of one post literally discussing self preservation that both townies and scum do? No, I don't understand at all. I suspected Wilgy and that post didn't ping me. Bullshit [...] That was me accommodating those that skimmed through the context of my vote post to read your scummy misrepresentation of it.. I genuinely think I'm missing a post in your PH. You said 'ugh' in reply to a post and voted someone who was previously a 'yellow read'. Nothing since after the day phase. Are you genuinely telling me that this is what I'm looking for and that everyone who wondered what the fuck your vote was about should have looked at and realised everything? Because that's insane. Lots of people saw it and nobody understood what was going on. Yet again, it wasn't a flip. A flip would be if I town read him before and scum read him later. My vote was the first time I read him as anything other than neutral. And this was clear WHEN IT HAPPENED.why are you banging on about this point when 'yellow' (despite public defence) to red in one post that's unexplained despite requests is just as bad?My read of Wilgy was developed more organically than anyone else in this game, even if it was wrong.. It doesn't show. I'm 100% sure people will back me up on this.Bullshit.. There's isn't anything like that there. Scumhunting, real scumhunting that is, is genuine. If anyone is accused of being opportunistic the implication is that there is an ulterior motive behind insert suspicion here. Don't try to play semantics just because you have no real defense for your disingenuous behavior.. I'm not. I've seen scum caught by townies by being opportunistic. Thank you for explaining to yourself why my vote on Wilgy was justified.. I can't believe this is a post. You call me opportunistic, then I describe what a good opportunistic townie is you simeltaneously accuse me of being disingenuous AND attempt to agree with me by justifying your own behaviour with the same brand of townie strats you called scummy? Right because your back-and-forth with me here is totally taking into account everything else the thread as to offer. Oh and your Floyd suspicion as well. Totally not fabricated one bit.If you expected me to take 'ugh', literally three letters, as making your vote change acceptable you were wrong.

Because it's fake. You're misrepresenting your own perspective. Consistency has nothing to do with being genuine here.. You're shouting about me being disingenous a lot but you're not telling me why. You're not telling anyone why. You're just shouting. It's the same thing in all of his games. The best way to catch Floyd is to catch him scumslip. He did that in Talking Heads more than once, have you seen him do it here? I don't think so. I don't need to. He's piggybacking opinions, lurking, being reticent, timid, not making sense with his arguments and barely replying to numerous requests for him to talk. That's scummy. Meta or no meta. Again, have you seen him do it here? Nope.I've seen him flounder, which apparently he wouldn't do with BTSC (can't recall off the top of my head if you asserted this or someone else.) Tell me what he's shown you that makes him scum. No one's lynched just because they're not overtly town, players are lynched because they are outright scummy. Already said above. Nonsense [...] Then make a case for why is he bad. If it's based on him using the excuse that he's inexperienced with the game as an indicator that he's scum, then it's nothing. If anything that's an indication that he's town because he would not get away with posting the way he is (that particularly) with BTSC buddies to advise him to do otherwise. I've talked about why I think the guy's scum both before in my PH and now. You can profess to have a town read of him all you want, but you can't invalidate anyone else's reads.

Return to “Previous Heists”