Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 6

Post by Roxy »

Gaming Time
Caption Contest!
Please caption the following picture for a fun prize! Lots of prizes up for grabs! There will be info and fun things to win!

;)
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

And I agree, characters drive the story.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

A sad story. Rest in Peace Finnian the Elf. I don't see Elf listed but I'm assuming by the story the Elf was one of the bonne(French) ones. I like my theory even better now that the Carmen killing-by-day was the one where the abominable ones saved one of their own, then did it again on the next killing-by-day to Finnian, a bonne one, knowing he would draw the killing-by-day decisions. I think the first one was real and the second obviously a sham.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

There wasn't a night last night, so I think we can talk normally.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Oh gosh Bac you're right. And it took me forever to say that one little thing!
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

The Elf is up on the front page. That may explain why Finnian was not so active.

I am eager to hear about this suspicion of me that has risen faster than the tide.

And in any event, I owe Finnian Metalfox an apology. At least I kept my promise to you. RIP :hug:
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Yeah, no active night power explains some stuff, it also reinforces my ideas as to whom Finian may have been.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

RIP Finnian. So our vote deductions have been incredibly horrible so far. I think we need to go in an entirely different direction. The baddies are toying with us by sowing suspicion on the people they are protecting. Reading the thread, the following people still strike me as acting strange and I would like to see them discussed over the night and following day period.

Queran: A lot of people were looking at him early on, but the suspicion sort of dried up. I still think he seems shifty.
Lyel: I know he's been dealing with personal issues, but that doesn't automatically make him good and he hasn't really said anything.
Dallon and Grutfud, both of whom have been very quiet.

I tend to trust Bac, Bronwyn and Etain. Gobnait has been been very helpful, but has also led us down some wrong paths, so I think he needs to be watched.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Also, I voted story because you can have a great story without great characters (especially a short one) but it is hard to have great characters without anything interesting for them to do.
Fractal
sprityo
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Fane Winebattle wrote:Also, I voted story because you can have a great story without great characters (especially a short one) but it is hard to have great characters without anything interesting for them to do.
I agree. Story has to be good to ever give the characters a chance.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I'm thinking of my favorite TV show ever, The Wire, and what stands out there is the characters. They could have been doing anything in the story, it was the characters that made it great. So I'll vote characters.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Sorry I missed the vote, was out with family and friends today and didn't get back in time to vote. I am still not used to the polls closing so early! I would have voted Finnian, and that would not have made things any better or worse.

RIP Finn. :rip:

Ok, will respond to Bronwyn in a minute...
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 5

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:
Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:RIP Mainchin. :(

So if Rumpel was involved in Mainchin's demise, then the word must have been said quite a lot since Finnian had accrued a large number of votes... That's disheartening. :disappoint:
1) RIPIYWG Mainchin and I was leaning good for you though who knows.

2)Yes, I'm afraid we're going to have to be super careful with our words. I have tried but i need to try harder and change synonyms every day. As you say, it had to be a lot of us who said the word in this last day period.

3) I looked back at my "castle" word - it was after we had to pick between castle, grandma's house and the woods. I was making a point to Gobsuite about my kidding about wine at the castle. I looked at Rhinfrew's usage too and it was equally benign in my opinion.
I didn't see anyone else who used it on day 2 but maybe i missed someone. I'd encourage everybody to take a look at the posts. Just search for castle under advanced search for current job.

I'm still reading up on the thread, but wanted to stop and mention how much this post of Bronwyn's pings me before I forget.

Ok, more reading.

The section pings me for a few reasons - I think each of the pingy issues by itself wouldn't make me think that much, but grouping them together really did ping me.

1) For starters, Mainchin's role had been revealed, and was revealed to be civ. Throwing in that "but who knows" just feels to me like trying to sew some seeds of doubt, or even just covering your tracks.

2) I just find that an interesting reaction. "We're going to have to be super careful with our words". We know for a fact Rumpy's "magic word" was a word in the night poll... and you were one of the ones who used it! So how exactly would changing out synonyms be helpful in beating this power? This just feels to me like a misleading tactic, an idea designed to keep our focus on what we're saying (word choice) instead of who is doing what in the thread.

3) Here it feels to me like trying to get out in front of something. Getting out in front of the "magic word" usage, and then either a subtle defense of Gob or grouping yourself together in with Gob to seem more benign.

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:
Bac Wunderelin wrote:
And I personally think of two nights/no days as a civvie thing, not a baddie thing. I understand the survival/benefit concept, but this would seriously hurt the baddie team by taking away all night powers, especially Rumps word. I think it would be TOO harmful to the baddies for the hosts to use it in this context. I don't see it being a baddie thing, I see it being a civvie thing. Maybe they tried to kill the wrong person the prior night or something like that. I HAVE seen that done before, and it is a powerful thing, a civvie role that TRIES to draw NKs in order to produce this very effect.
Bac, I'm wondering if you don't mean two days/no night is a civv thing instead of two nights/no days. Two days/no nights is definitely a civv thing as the nights are when the mafia has its chance to kill and theoretically, the days are for the civvs to kill through lynching.

I have not caught on to the suspicion about Ameerah so I will be going back and reading what people have said about her and what she has said. I'm trying to wrap my head around the Finnian thing but I keep coming back to why a baddie team would allow him to not vote thus not be able to use his powers. I think my problem is I don't really understand the argument for him being bad. He was aloof, yes. He didn't vote, yes. But how is that making everyone so sure he is a baddie? Maybe someone will help me out and explain that and I could get comfortable with a vote for him. And yes, I have a suspicion as to who he is as well though I wont know till the end. I still suspect Carmen though I do understand what someone said about giving it a night period and seeing if what should happen does from the hint (I am not at all convinced it is a hint though).

Ok, I have busy days today and tomorrow (my birthday!) but i will be in here to stay caught up and add any thoughts I can.

This one of Bronwyn's pings me too. I may end up doing a reread here.

As of now, I'm still on board with Finian, but I think this may be an area worthy of a little investigating too.

This pings me a bit. It reads as basically poo-pooing (yeah, I said poo-pooing :D ) theories / ideas / options in the thread while not offering anything. A subtle defense of Ameerah (or not so subtle), a subtle defense of Carmen, and the subtle defense of Finn... which at this point could be read again as "trying to get out in front of something". Now, since I missed the poll (poo :mad: ) I'd like to go back and see your vote post and who you voted for. That may make this particular post seem more or less meaningful.

It's not much, but it stuff I noticed, and it pinged me on my first read through. And now you know why. :)
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:I am going to vote for Finnian today.

Though I still think its more likely a baddie would not miss three votes in a row, the lynch yesterday did seem to be moved away from him. I still am suspicious of Carmen and there is a part of me who wonders if moving the lynch away from Finnian was just a way to capitalize on the growing movement against Finnian and take the heat off of Carmen. I won't vote for her today though because she is secondary on most peoples lists until this next night has passed. Finnian did have a lynch moved away from him so I'm looking at that being the deciding fact despite the concern I have above. I'm hopeful that we've found ourselves a baddie. I will be busy most of the day so I'm going ahead and voting now.

*Vote Finnian

Here is the vote post, accompanied by the actual vote, to see the continuity with the previous posts that pinged me. Something? Nothing? I'm not sure. But it seemed worth re-reading and looking at.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I enjoy both aspects of a tale. But since I am only allowed to select one, I shall select *the relating of the details of what happened in the caper, rather than just 1 or 2 folks involved in the caper* XD
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Also, my apologies for the multitude of posts. Just got home, had some time to catch up, so I did. While catching up I said all the words in my head. Sorry gang! :hug:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Just because the magic word was in the night poll once, that doesn't mean that it must be every night. Rumpy's role clearly states that he gets to choose the word.
Fractal
sprityo
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:
Izett Cruelsinger wrote:
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:RIP Mainchin. :(

So if Rumpel was involved in Mainchin's demise, then the word must have been said quite a lot since Finnian had accrued a large number of votes... That's disheartening. :disappoint:
1) RIPIYWG Mainchin and I was leaning good for you though who knows.

2)Yes, I'm afraid we're going to have to be super careful with our words. I have tried but i need to try harder and change synonyms every day. As you say, it had to be a lot of us who said the word in this last day period.

3) I looked back at my "castle" word - it was after we had to pick between castle, grandma's house and the woods. I was making a point to Gobsuite about my kidding about wine at the castle. I looked at Rhinfrew's usage too and it was equally benign in my opinion.
I didn't see anyone else who used it on day 2 but maybe i missed someone. I'd encourage everybody to take a look at the posts. Just search for castle under advanced search for current job.

I'm still reading up on the thread, but wanted to stop and mention how much this post of Bronwyn's pings me before I forget.

Ok, more reading.

The section pings me for a few reasons - I think each of the pingy issues by itself wouldn't make me think that much, but grouping them together really did ping me.

1) For starters, Mainchin's role had been revealed, and was revealed to be civ. Throwing in that "but who knows" just feels to me like trying to sew some seeds of doubt, or even just covering your tracks.

2) I just find that an interesting reaction. "We're going to have to be super careful with our words". We know for a fact Rumpy's "magic word" was a word in the night poll... and you were one of the ones who used it! So how exactly would changing out synonyms be helpful in beating this power? This just feels to me like a misleading tactic, an idea designed to keep our focus on what we're saying (word choice) instead of who is doing what in the thread.

3) Here it feels to me like trying to get out in front of something. Getting out in front of the "magic word" usage, and then either a subtle defense of Gob or grouping yourself together in with Gob to seem more benign.
I'm going to start answering this tonight but finish tomorrow.

1) I just flat forgot his role was revealed when I was writing this.

2) So, I'm not sure I understand your point here. We have to change synonyms often or rotate them in some way. For example, we have used the word ballot for vote several if not many times. If i were Rumple I'd think about making that my word of the day. For me, its time to find another synonym for vote. I also want other synonyms for baddie, good, civv, etc. Words that Rumple would not expect me to use. The reason synonyms beat his power is they are words that are alternate words to the ones we regularly use and if we keep changing them he can't simply change his word to our newest synonym. I don't understand why you say "so how exactly would changing out synonyms be helpful in beating this power" - isn't it obvious?

3)I am trying to get out in front of the magic word. I do not want to use the normal words or any of the synonyms that I've been using. I want to change those words so he does not get what he wants. That's what I'm getting out ahead of - his changing his magic words based on the synonyms we've been using.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:
Izett Cruelsinger wrote:
Bac Wunderelin wrote:
And I personally think of two nights/no days as a civvie thing, not a baddie thing. I understand the survival/benefit concept, but this would seriously hurt the baddie team by taking away all night powers, especially Rumps word. I think it would be TOO harmful to the baddies for the hosts to use it in this context. I don't see it being a baddie thing, I see it being a civvie thing. Maybe they tried to kill the wrong person the prior night or something like that. I HAVE seen that done before, and it is a powerful thing, a civvie role that TRIES to draw NKs in order to produce this very effect.
Bac, I'm wondering if you don't mean two days/no night is a civv thing instead of two nights/no days. Two days/no nights is definitely a civv thing as the nights are when the mafia has its chance to kill and theoretically, the days are for the civvs to kill through lynching.

I have not caught on to the suspicion about Ameerah so I will be going back and reading what people have said about her and what she has said. I'm trying to wrap my head around the Finnian thing but I keep coming back to why a baddie team would allow him to not vote thus not be able to use his powers. I think my problem is I don't really understand the argument for him being bad. He was aloof, yes. He didn't vote, yes. But how is that making everyone so sure he is a baddie? Maybe someone will help me out and explain that and I could get comfortable with a vote for him. And yes, I have a suspicion as to who he is as well though I wont know till the end. I still suspect Carmen though I do understand what someone said about giving it a night period and seeing if what should happen does from the hint (I am not at all convinced it is a hint though).

Ok, I have busy days today and tomorrow (my birthday!) but i will be in here to stay caught up and add any thoughts I can.

This one of Bronwyn's pings me too. I may end up doing a reread here.

As of now, I'm still on board with Finian, but I think this may be an area worthy of a little investigating too.

This pings me a bit. It reads as basically poo-pooing (yeah, I said poo-pooing :D ) theories / ideas / options in the thread while not offering anything. A subtle defense of Ameerah (or not so subtle), a subtle defense of Carmen, and the subtle defense of Finn... which at this point could be read again as "trying to get out in front of something". Now, since I missed the poll (poo :mad: ) I'd like to go back and see your vote post and who you voted for. That may make this particular post seem more or less meaningful.

It's not much, but it stuff I noticed, and it pinged me on my first read through. And now you know why. :)
If you think i am trying to defend Carmen you need to go back and read my posts, especially the two posts where I talked about my theory about Carmen's switch being the real baddie one and Finnians being the distraction. I had that thought before the lynch and I repeated it afterward. I think I'm on record in the thread as being pretty strongly in favor of a Carmen lynch. And as i just said, I have offered something in the thread, the theory I just talked about. Did you read all of my posts? I have been not sure of Finnian for a couple of days and have stated that directly in my posts. I ultimately decided to vote for him because I felt the last lynch was moved away from him but obviously that was not a good reason. The only thing I said about Ameerah here is I haven't noticed anything and will read back on her. I hardly call that a defense - its clearly an "I don't know".

If you would like me to pull quotes about Carmen or Finnian that show how I have felt about these two this game then I will gladly do so.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Fane Winebattle wrote:RIP Finnian. So our vote deductions have been incredibly horrible so far. I think we need to go in an entirely different direction. The baddies are toying with us by sowing suspicion on the people they are protecting. Reading the thread, the following people still strike me as acting strange and I would like to see them discussed over the night and following day period.

Queran: A lot of people were looking at him early on, but the suspicion sort of dried up. I still think he seems shifty.
Lyel: I know he's been dealing with personal issues, but that doesn't automatically make him good and he hasn't really said anything.
Dallon and Grutfud, both of whom have been very quiet.

I tend to trust Bac, Bronwyn and Etain. Gobnait has been been very helpful, but has also led us down some wrong paths, so I think he needs to be watched.
Thanks for this! (Well, not so much the last paragraph. What wrong paths have I led anyone down? I thought the only path I had led was trying to have Queran lynched. Glad to see someone else sees something there, maybe I'm not totally crazy.) For the other three, do you have anything besides their quietness? I'm worried about lynching someone for quietness now; as the Finnian lynch showed us, that can be a mistake.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I seemed testy before. I didn't know you were a replacement, obviously.

Rhinfrew, NO U much? I mentioned briefly that one of your posts had pinged me and said clearly that it was far from conclusive, and now suddenly I'm 'setting you up for a lynch tomorrow' or however you put it? I need to be able to discuss things that seem strange to me in thread in order to find baddies. Sharing ideas doesn't make me bad. Don't get your sash in a knot.

And to everyone: Rumpelstiltskin's power is active only during day powers following nights where he's chosen a word. It says so in the powers list. So feel free to write as you will every night.

I'll be going with characters. Just watch The Office series finale. They did next to nothing for 9 years, but it was a great show because of the characters.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

I've read through Rhinfrew's posts, and this is what I came up with: he has a thing for shoes, but no legs; his posts have been mostly funny; and he did make a 'castle' post that was of the unnecessary type.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=19835&hilit=castle#p19835 I think there's nothing much there after all.

Bronwyn also used the word castle in a somewhat unnecessary way, by inserting something into her post that was more than she needed. It read like overkill.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=19779&hilit=castle#p19779
But again, it was probably just innocent.

Queran used the word a few times, but mostly by quoting someone else's posts, again, probably innocent.

That's a road I'd rather not go down, because we all have the potential to use the magic word of the day without realizing.

I'm going to choose characters, really by a coin toss. I think both are equally necessary :shrug:
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sorry for being absent. I was lost in the woods. I will catch up as soon as possible.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Voted Characters
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sorry for the multiple posts, i don't know if it has been mentioned but another baddie role has been revealed,The Witch! And she kills tonight.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:For the other three, do you have anything besides their quietness? I'm worried about lynching someone for quietness now; as the Finnian lynch showed us, that can be a mistake.
Not very much to be honest, it's more of a feeling based on their tone, but I find the fact that Dallon jumped into the thread immediately after his name was mentioned a little suspect, considering his lengthy absence before that.

Lyel's excuses have shifted over time, lacking a little in consistency (Although I hate to be too hard on him given how hard a time he seems to be having in RL.)

Grutfud has basically been MIA, missing votes and not saying anything, so he is the one I suspect least of the three right now, although I do think a good strategy for the baddies would be to switch lynches while remaining very quiet in order to throw suspicion on others.
Fractal
sprityo
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:Sorry for the multiple posts, i don't know if it has been mentioned but another baddie role has been revealed,The Witch! And she kills tonight.
Thank you Dallon. We were aware of this. And, we believe it to be a whole other baddie team. :sigh:

I'm voting story.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Fane Winebattle wrote:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:For the other three, do you have anything besides their quietness? I'm worried about lynching someone for quietness now; as the Finnian lynch showed us, that can be a mistake.
Not very much to be honest, it's more of a feeling based on their tone, but I find the fact that Dallon jumped into the thread immediately after his name was mentioned a little suspect, considering his lengthy absence before that.

Lyel's excuses have shifted over time, lacking a little in consistency (Although I hate to be too hard on him given how hard a time he seems to be having in RL.)

Grutfud has basically been MIA, missing votes and not saying anything, so he is the one I suspect least of the three right now, although I do think a good strategy for the baddies would be to switch lynches while remaining very quiet in order to throw suspicion on others.
Thanks Fane. I have been musing a bit on these three as well. There's just so little to go on. I agree that the timing of Dallon rejoining is pingy, but I think for now it's probably wisest to give him a chance to establish a thread presence while looking at candidates I have a better feel for.

I also agree that I would almost feel bad putting Lyel up for lynch because of the difficulties he's mentioned. If he's lying to hide baddieness then it's extremely poor form, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that's the case. However, if it is true I still have no idea whether he's good or bad. Same with Grutfud. I think these baddies have shown they're too powerful and too tricky to take a chance lynching someone we can't read (or slightly better, since baddies now outnumber us, but my point still stands).

What are people's thoughts on leading lynch candidates for tomorrow? I know Carmen has still been getting some attention, but who else do people think is on the chopping block, as it were.

Oh! And as a side note for the folks keeping tally at home, I believe Queran has now voted for 5 straight civs. 4 are confirmed and then 1 vote for me. Just sayin'.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
Thanks Fane. I have been musing a bit on these three as well. There's just so little to go on. I agree that the timing of Dallon rejoining is pingy, but I think for now it's probably wisest to give him a chance to establish a thread presence while looking at candidates I have a better feel for.

I also agree that I would almost feel bad putting Lyel up for lynch because of the difficulties he's mentioned. If he's lying to hide baddieness then it's extremely poor form, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that's the case. However, if it is true I still have no idea whether he's good or bad. Same with Grutfud. I think these baddies have shown they're too powerful and too tricky to take a chance lynching someone we can't read (or slightly better, since baddies now outnumber us, but my point still stands).

What are people's thoughts on leading lynch candidates for tomorrow? I know Carmen has still been getting some attention, but who else do people think is on the chopping block, as it were.

Oh! And as a side note for the folks keeping tally at home, I believe Queran has now voted for 5 straight civs. 4 are confirmed and then 1 vote for me. Just sayin'.
Gobnait, I count 11 civvs and 7 baddies that we know of. What makes you think the baddies now outnumber us? WARNING: Still on my first cup of coffee so may be missing some obvious logic.

Also, I agree with your thoughts on Lyel, Dallon and Grutfud for today.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

What are the thoughts on me? Would anyone care to summarise? If not, and I can understand why, then of course I will read back. But even a link would be nice.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

RIP Finnian. Guess the mystery of you is now solved. :(

I'm choosing characters because many of my beloved books I truly love because of the characters in them.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:What are the thoughts on me? Would anyone care to summarise? If not, and I can understand why, then of course I will read back. But even a link would be nice.
Dallon I dont recall any real talk about you but the way to check is go to advanced search in the upper right hand corner of the screen, put you name in for key words, then select The Current Job to search, then Search. Anything that's been said about you should come up.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:What are the thoughts on me? Would anyone care to summarise? If not, and I can understand why, then of course I will read back. But even a link would be nice.
Dallon I dont recall any real talk about you but the way to check is go to advanced search in the upper right hand corner of the screen, put you name in for key words, then select The Current Job to search, then Search. Anything that's been said about you should come up.
Thank you, Bronwyn
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote: What are people's thoughts on leading lynch candidates for tomorrow? I know Carmen has still been getting some attention, but who else do people think is on the chopping block, as it were.

I would definitely be up for a Queran vote tomorrow. I am hesitant to vote Carmen, because I worry it is another baddie trick, since she was protected from a previous lynch, to make her look worse than she is.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

It seems the only suspicions are that I was a low poster. Or quiet rather. I will try to rectify that matter.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Bronwyn, you're right. I was counting both NK victims as civs and assuming the info that there are 3 unrevealed baddie teammates for the witch and one Indy is true. Your count is the correct official one, but my more speculative one puts it at 9-10, assuming the indy is civ-aligned.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I'm wondering if someone is going to lay out the case against Queran.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

Gob's infatuation with me is getting really annoying.

Linki - Bronwyn assuming I survive the night, I'll gladly lay out the case against Gob. Which is, I might add, actually full of facts and not backhanded straw-reaching jibs.
Supervisor
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Queran, you seem pretty convinced that Gobnait is bad. In that case, I'm wondering why you haven't been voting for him in the last couple of lynch polls or trying to convince others to do so?
Fractal
sprityo
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Above is the voting records up until the most recent vote. We'll focus on my voting record since Gob saw fit to bring that into question.

Day 1 - Calliac, I saw a pingy post and acted on it. I don't random vote on Day 1's, I try to get at least one reason for my vote because as I've explained in the thread here, random voting is lame. Sucks that I was wrong, but Day 1's usually suck.

Day 2 - Gobnait, I've made a couple posts on this, and I'll make a couple more hopefully when the Blazing Hot Ball of Terror We Kracken's Dare Not Name arises from it's slumber.

Day 3 - Mainchin, I was following my suspicion that Mainchin and Carmen were linked and were bad. Again, I was wrong, but if anyone knows anything about how frequently one can be wrong, it is Gobnait Queen of Irony.

Day 4 - Finnian, His aloofness, and lack of regard, combined with the tactic of "not ME, the other inactive people" seemed to me (and to others, if you take a look at the votes for day 4 and day 5) as suspect. So I voted there.

Day 5 - Finnian, see Day 4 Finnian.

So by my count that's .... 3 civs, not 5. Although I guess "five straight civs you guys! FIVE STRAIGHT" sounds alot better when you're making a case, especially after every other attempt has pretty much shown how desperate and false you are.

So Gob, we'll discount you counting yourself amongst the civ's because of course you would do that, you're a liar :P

Care to explain why you once again twisted the facts regarding me, and made it look like the Finnian Day 5 vote (which I believe everyone voted for Finnian Day 5, so well done to you Gob for lynching a civvie as well.) was worth 2 seperate counts in your backhanded sneaky sneak way of getting people to ignore facts and just go along with you?

There's more I want to expound on but again I will wait until tomorrow.

Linki @ Fane -

To be perfectly honest, I was afraid I might have slipped into tunnel vision, so I decided to seek out new suspects.
Supervisor
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote: Linki @ Fane -

To be perfectly honest, I was afraid I might have slipped into tunnel vision, so I decided to seek out new suspects.
Are you campaigning for a Gobnait lynch tomorrow, then?
Fractal
sprityo
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I plan to, yeah.
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:I plan to, yeah.
You've been pretty sure about him all along. Not convinced personally. I think the arguments you have had are possibly, possibly clouding your judgement. having said that I may reread him to be sure.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:I plan to, yeah.
You've been pretty sure about him all along. Not convinced personally. I think the arguments you have had are possibly, possibly clouding your judgement. having said that I may reread him to be sure.
I just reread him as well, and honestly nothing sticks out to me. He has been consistent and thoughtful and hasn't pulled any of the typical baddie tricks I'm used to seeing, such as deflecting attention or creating distractions. Re reading Queran left me a bit puzzled as well. Apart from his voting record, there seems, upon reflection, to be not much meat there, although I did notice a tendency to vote for lynches without much elaboration on why.

I'm not sure I'm ready to vote for either of them at this point, but we have a long time until the next lynch vote, so hopefully something will emerge to make me feel more sure.
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

Management
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:

That's a horrible thing to say. Lyel wouldn't make up that his father-in-law died. Though you're only saying if, don't even question what happens in real life and if it influences the game.

As for the poll, I like both equally and you can't have one without the other but I'll go for characters.

RIP Finnian. Sorry. :(
To be recycled
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

To be clear, I never meant to insinuate that Lyel would be making up personal tragedy to score points in the game. I obviously do not believe that to be the case. I still find him shifty though
>.>
<.<
Fractal
sprityo
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Fane Winebattle wrote:To be clear, I never meant to insinuate that Lyel would be making up personal tragedy to score points in the game. I obviously do not believe that to be the case. I still find him shifty though
>.>
<.<
Ok. Sorry, my bad. Evidently, I misread what you were saying about Lyel. Why do you find him shifty?
To be recycled
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams
How mayst there be a tale without the sojourners' schemes?

I have voted Characters.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Laine Crystalsteam wrote:Why do you find him shifty?
Because I am a good judge of character, I assume.
Fractal
sprityo
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Fane Winebattle wrote:
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:Why do you find him shifty?
Because I am a good judge of character, I assume.
But is there something he's said or done to make you feel this way?

Return to “Previous Jobs”