Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 98

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 6

Post by Gunther »

I just realized I am a Gremlin in a Top Hat, or maybe a Pilgrim costume?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:I just realized I am a Gremlin in a Top Hat, or maybe a Pilgrim costume?
Don't worry, I am a witch who looks like a warlock

I noticed that Grutfud defended Carmen quite a few times as well as Rhinfrew.
Assault
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

RIP Gobnait. Your loss is most frustrating, and demoralizing. Here's to hoping that we get our acts together, despite everything, and avenge you. With six unsuccessful lynches in a row, I am not even sure we have a mathematical chance left, but we all hope.

I have mentioned this before, and the more I think about it, the more overpowered Rumpel's role seems to appear. As far as we can tell, he has manipulated three lynches so far: Carmen --> Bac, Finnian --> Mainchin, and Carmen --> Gobnait. That's half our lynches. Things are only going to get easier for him as our numbers continue to dwindle, and he has to switch over fewer and fewer votes.

It makes you wonder if there's any point to discussing suspects, and voting for them, when manipulation of lynch votes is so easily achieved, and at a massive scale too - by my calculations, anywhere between 4 to 7 votes were stolen during each of the three manipulated lynches. Even a single extra lynch vote is a pretty strong ability to have, but when the mafia is able to get five or six times that number, what do you do? :|
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 7

Post by Operator »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Frankly, I believe that all talking needs to start being done through the night phases, and none during the day at all. Every lynch so far, except days 1and 5, have been stolen by Rumplestiltskin.
I agree Miyuki. Gobnait mentioned this idea earlier in the game too. At the time, I thought it was bit of an overkill, but I am fully on board with you if everyone agrees. I don't think our hostesses will enjoy complete silence during the day, but these are desperate times. What does everyone else think?
Management
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Shand, I'm all for it. Hopefully everyone will agree.

I'm toying with the idea that Carmen could have an unlynchable role, maybe one that deflects to someone. Day 4 is a mystery though. In order for Carmen to be able to deflect the lynch on that day, Rumples team would have had to put 7 votes on her in order for her to have killed Mainchin. I'm going to do a word search for day 4, but I don't know if I'll come up with anything. I think I'm just playing with theories right now.
Assault
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Shand, I'm all for it. Hopefully everyone will agree.

I'm toying with the idea that Carmen could have an unlynchable role, maybe one that deflects to someone. Day 4 is a mystery though. In order for Carmen to be able to deflect the lynch on that day, Rumples team would have had to put 7 votes on her in order for her to have killed Mainchin. I'm going to do a word search for day 4, but I don't know if I'll come up with anything. I think I'm just playing with theories right now.
This is what I was going to bring up. I feel like the hosts would have put considerable checks and balances on Rump's power (obviously not allowing the magic word to be "the" etc.) so I have a hard time believing that every mislynch has been due to him. So what if Carmen has an unlynchable role? The free thinkers definitely could have something like that as their secrets, for instance. There is also the possibility that Carmen has a power like that of the indy in MOTU, where every second night she can deflect a lynch off of her. Have we ever tried lynching her on back to back nights?
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

The problem is, even if, let's say, she is some kind of unlynchable indy role. And obv the baddies know she's some kind of power role since she's not on their team and maybe she's been surviving without their help, she may survive for a long time. Basically, the baddies would know they could probably NK her whenever they wanted, but she presents the game with chaos, so why kill her, right? Really, from what it seems, as long as a civ is the #2 vote getter in a Carmen lynch, it's a wonderful set up for the baddies, if she's an indy.

the point is, if we can't seem to lynch her, we may have to move on or just make DAMN sure that whoever is the second-most vote-getter is a strong suspect for being a baddie.
Reporting
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:The problem is, even if, let's say, she is some kind of unlynchable indy role. And obv the baddies know she's some kind of power role since she's not on their team and maybe she's been surviving without their help, she may survive for a long time. Basically, the baddies would know they could probably NK her whenever they wanted, but she presents the game with chaos, so why kill her, right? Really, from what it seems, as long as a civ is the #2 vote getter in a Carmen lynch, it's a wonderful set up for the baddies, if she's an indy.

the point is, if we can't seem to lynch her, we may have to move on or just make DAMN sure that whoever is the second-most vote-getter is a strong suspect for being a baddie.
The second most vote getter doesn't always go though. In one lynch Carmen had 6 votes, Finn had 5, and mainchin had 0. But he still got killed that day. I don't know, I was thinking that maybe she chose who would die in her place, but this is a lot of guessing. I'm going to sleep on it.
Assault
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Hmm, good point.
Reporting
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Very interesting thoughts Dierdre and Miyuki. If Carmen is unlynchable, then that seems even more overpowered than Rumpel! I have seen unlynchable roles before, but never one that is also able to deflect the vote to someone else of their choosing. That just seems very unfair, and stacks the odds too much against the town. However, if that is indeed the case then I think you're absolutely right, there's nothing the town can do about her, but be at the Mafia's mercy. If Carmen is one of the SKs, or a secret solo baddie, then I do think it's in the Mafia's best interests to get rid of her before she becomes too dangerous for them. They don't need Carmen, there's enough chaos in the game as it is.
Management
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Oh no! I'm really sorry Gobnait. I've made such a big mistake. I'm really sorry. I'm so stupid. RIP :(
To be recycled
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Jack Shephard »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Anchorete Playfulure wrote:I just realized I am a Gremlin in a Top Hat, or maybe a Pilgrim costume?
Don't you recognise Tyrion Lannister of Game of Thrones? Does no one?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

So do we discuss and decide at night who to lynch and stick to it? Say nothing at day at all? Or just vote when the time comes no explanation?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Laine Crystalsteam wrote:Oh no! I'm really sorry Gobnait. I've made such a big mistake. I'm really sorry. I'm so stupid. RIP :(
Everyone has been making mistakes here. Don't worry about it.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

I was unsure of Carmen's role hints because I didn't think that they were role hints, it sounded to me like it was a bit of fun. But I've now realised that her not answering if they were/were not role hints is un-civ like behaviour. Damn! And if Gobnait is good, does that mean Queran is bad? I shouldn't have been so rash and will have to re-read their posts.

Regarding the poll, I do not know which to choose. I haven't really read any of them, not enough to make a firm decision, anyway.
To be recycled
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:Hans Christian Andersen
Yeah! :)
To be recycled
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:

I noticed that Grutfud defended Carmen quite a few times as well as Rhinfrew.
I still doubt they are Cinderella, tbh. I think if they were they would have defended earlier and differently, and so would Carmen have done. And I doubt they are baddie teammates either, because that would be somewhat suicidal, and neither of them appears the suicide types (at least not in their current incarnations). I stand by my prior belief.

I do think, though, that the notion of unlynchable Carmen is an interesting one. Besides the Free Thinkers, the baddies do have a full secret in the Nixie, too. There could be any kind of secret at play. When I first joined and read back, it struck me how everyone assumed it was Rumple, when there is an entire secret bad team (The title over the Wicked Witch: "The Wicked Ones" so she has partners), the Nixie and The Free Thinkers. And this seems very possible, or perhaps a variant of it, like can't be lynched while "X" is alive. That would fit with the Free Thinkers. Although it would not account for the non vote getters being lynched.

Although I will say that as a baddie in the past I have done stuff like just randomly saving people, if it did not wate my teams resources to do so, as choas is a baddies friend.
Dallon Redwarlock wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Don't you recognise Tyrion Lannister of Game of Thrones? Does no one?
Of course I do, but I have such problems reconciling his picture with Miyuki Lovelymoth, such a pretty, feminine sounding name, lol.

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:The problem is, even if, let's say, she is some kind of unlynchable indy role. And obv the baddies know she's some kind of power role since she's not on their team and maybe she's been surviving without their help, she may survive for a long time. Basically, the baddies would know they could probably NK her whenever they wanted, but she presents the game with chaos, so why kill her, right? Really, from what it seems, as long as a civ is the #2 vote getter in a Carmen lynch, it's a wonderful set up for the baddies, if she's an indy.

The second most vote getter doesn't always go though. In one lynch Carmen had 6 votes, Finn had 5, and mainchin had 0. But he still got killed that day. I don't know, I was thinking that maybe she chose who would die in her place, but this is a lot of guessing. I'm going to sleep on it.
The day Finnian was actually lynched, Carmen got no votes (poll thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149), the two days in a row day. The Day before that he got 10, she had 4. And they both lived; that was the Mainchin Day. The 6/5 day was the attempted Bac Day. It could be a combo of highly lynch resistant, and Rumple.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

This Rumpy power is mighty powerful. This is what Roxy said..

no regular words nor names proper or otherwise will be used.

So what does she mean by regular words do you think?
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:This Rumpy power is mighty powerful. This is what Roxy said..

no regular words nor names proper or otherwise will be used.

So what does she mean by regular words do you think?
I don't know. Maybe it's regular words like the, this etc or maybe it's regular mafia game words like civvie, townie, baddie. Or maybe both.
To be recycled
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Voted Aesop btw
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

We are doing terribly so far, so I think a change of tactics is indeed in order. Thanks to Shand for his wise words about only speaking at night. I think we should definitely do that.

I know that many disagree, but I also think it is imperative that we try to be as unanimous as possible for the lynch votes to lessen the odds of stealing. Let's figure out who we want to lynch TONIGHT and all stick with it. Do people think the Gobnait lynch implicates Queran strongly? I am not wholly convinced of that, but want to hear what others have to say. Diedre makes an interesting observation about Carmen being possible unlynchable, but my gut tells me that this was still a Rumpy protection. He would only have needed to move four votes. So I would be good for another shot at Carmen if people agree. Most important, though, is that we work together on this and not let the baddies sow confusion and doubt so that we have scattered votes all over the place.

BTW, I voted Grimm's because, as others have said, they are dark, but also because of the sheer absurdity and lack of moralizing in so many of them,like the one about anthropomorphic sausages.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

^A Carmen vote is a good option. At least then we would know one way or another. Is she good or bad. But.........I fear she wil be good. But we have to know don't we?
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Suppose I'l go with Aesop's Fables but I don't see why Hans Christian Andersen isn't there. When you think of fairy tales, you think of Grimm's and Hans Christian Andersen.
To be recycled
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Fane Winebattle wrote:We are doing terribly so far, so I think a change of tactics is indeed in order. Thanks to Shand for his wise words about only speaking at night. I think we should definitely do that.

I know that many disagree, but I also think it is imperative that we try to be as unanimous as possible for the lynch votes to lessen the odds of stealing. Let's figure out who we want to lynch TONIGHT and all stick with it. Do people think the Gobnait lynch implicates Queran strongly? I am not wholly convinced of that, but want to hear what others have to say. Diedre makes an interesting observation about Carmen being possible unlynchable, but my gut tells me that this was still a Rumpy protection. He would only have needed to move four votes. So I would be good for another shot at Carmen if people agree. Most important, though, is that we work together on this and not let the baddies sow confusion and doubt so that we have scattered votes all over the place.

BTW, I voted Grimm's because, as others have said, they are dark, but also because of the sheer absurdity and lack of moralizing in so many of them,like the one about anthropomorphic sausages.
I just want to say I agree with you Fane. I don't think Carmen is unlynchable either, I think we've just provided Rumpel with the words he's needed to get the votes to move. The way to solve that is to make sure we don't give him the word, so trying to do all of the talking at night appeals to me. I also would vote Carmen if we can get everyone to agree - well, we might not be able to get the baddies to agree but they would risk being exposed if they won't. I'm open to talk about others too but I'm going to be out most of today and tomorrow I'll be on my phone again so I'll be mostly reading along.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I'm up for a silent Carmen vote tomorrow. I also agree with you Fane (linkitis, and you too Bronwyn). My current thoughts are that her lynch-saves are more likely Rumpel's manipulation, rather than her being unlynchable. I once again would like to point out to the free thinkers and the Witch's team that Rumpel and his gang have shown us time and again that they are a much bigger threat than the town. The way the townies have been falling, I think we are few and far between, and have all but lost the game anyway.

If we're going for the silent treatment, I think it will also be wise to have a second option ready in case the SKs/Witch decide to help the town out. Other than Carmen, is there anyone else we should consider voting? Considering the epic Queran-Gobnait battles, I'm inclined to believe that Gobnait was on to something. But I'm not fully convinced about Queran yet.
Management
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:We are doing terribly so far, so I think a change of tactics is indeed in order. Thanks to Shand for his wise words about only speaking at night. I think we should definitely do that.

I agree with this. I would prefer to lynch Quaren over Carmen for 2 reasons, one I am still fearful (although less than I was that she is being set up to keep us looking at her while the baddie switch lynch after lynch) and two I'm becoming afraid that she has an unlynchable role. She had a pretty big lead yesterday and she still didnt get lynched, I find that quite compelling.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

OH, lots of linki. If you all want to go Carmen, I wont fight you since I'm sure im a civ in a great minority by now anyway. I just think that dead horse, she has been beaten.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:^A Carmen vote is a good option. At least then we would know one way or another. Is she good or bad. But.........I fear she wil be good. But we have to know don't we?
Really? You fear she will be good, but yet we need to find out? OK, sure lets waste a lynch on a maybe civ on day, what, 8? When no baddies have yet been lynched? Great plan!
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... yhSXO6p.99
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I am fine with only discussing at night and just voting during the day. We have to find some way to prevail over the rumpled one.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Grutfud Orangesprite wrote:
Dallon Redwarlock wrote:^A Carmen vote is a good option. At least then we would know one way or another. Is she good or bad. But.........I fear she wil be good. But we have to know don't we?
Really? You fear she will be good, but yet we need to find out? OK, sure lets waste a lynch on a maybe civ on day, what, 8? When no baddies have yet been lynched? Great plan!
Not my plan. Carmen has already been mentioned as a possible lynch.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Another thought--Gobnait was the Princess and the Pea, meaning he was the lie detector. And he was pretty vehement that Queran was bad. I don't think we should discount that.

I still do not feel good about Carmen and do not feel she is civvie, but knowing who Gobnait was, I think we should consider his posts carefully.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Another thought--Gobnait was the Princess and the Pea, meaning he was the lie detector. And he was pretty vehement that Queran was bad. I don't think we should discount that.

I still do not feel good about Carmen and do not feel she is civvie, but knowing who Gobnait was, I think we should consider his posts carefully.
That is very well noticed, Ameerah. I agree that given Gob's role and how things turned out, it doesn't look good for Queran. It could be an elaborate frame job, but so could Carmen, so I would really be up for lynching either of them. I just think we need to pick one and go with it.

Where is Eurolyn? I would like to hear her opinion since I think she made some good comments earlier.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Good point about Gobby. Not exactly a role seeker but a lie detector as I understand it. He was sure to test one of Querans posts. Must have seen a lie I presume.

That pretty much makes it a Queran lynch? Unless Queran never actually lied.

No....a Queran lynch now looks favourable. Does the majority agree?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

I will have to carefully read all the discussion, but I did see the "lets all talk at night and shut up during the day" thing being kicked around and I hope that doesnt turn in to 24 hours of talking and then just a flood of votes for me. Giving me less than 24 hours to adequately defend myself is a touch unfair.

I believe that I was set up. Rump's team obviously had a good idea that Gob/Me was civ/civ so they switched the lynch to Gob so they wouldn't have to switch tomorrows lynch, just watch me catch the votes.

Linki - See?

For the record, the "lie" can't contain any obvious words like "civvie", "baddie" etc, and I haven't once lied in the game.
Supervisor
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 7

Post by Saito »

Ameerah I think you make a great point. I also want to point out that I was pinged by this Queran post below. It sounds like he's trying to distance himself from Carmen, trying to say I really want to vote for her but since I made a case against Gob I better vote for him. He could have voted Carmen, saying he was leaving Gob for another day but he didn't. All in all the post was odd and has caused another crick in my brow.

If the majority want a Queran post instead of a Carmen one I can roll with that because he is second on my list.
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:I'd feel like a tool if I didn't vote for Gob, so I will do that. I will also offer my thoughts on Carmen however:

My failed theory that she was a baddie connected to Mainchin did not pan out, and her role hinting had given me pause in terms of voting her in the past, however she denies having role hinted, so that scratches that.

Whether she was saved or not is irrelevant in my opinion, Rumplestiltskin and Friends could have chosen to save a civvie just as easily as they might have saved one of their own, as evident by the Finnian lynches. I feel like I'm having difficulty putting what I think about this down in words, but what I'm trying to say is that Given the scope of Rumple's power, and the results of the Finnian lynches, it's not possible to determine legitimate saves vs. confusion causing saves.

HOWEVER: That being said, the way Carmen has been posting recently has set off more than a few bells in my brain. The tone/content of the posts reads almost as a sort of ingenuine "Oh my gosh I had noooo IDEA you guys thought I was hinting that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!"

So in summary, I can see the suspicion of Carmen, as Carmen a few days ago sounds completely different than Carmen does right now, but I made a big post and a big case on Gobnait and would be foolish not to put my money where my mouth is.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:I will have to carefully read all the discussion, but I did see the "lets all talk at night and shut up during the day" thing being kicked around and I hope that doesnt turn in to 24 hours of talking and then just a flood of votes for me. Giving me less than 24 hours to adequately defend myself is a touch unfair.

I believe that I was set up. Rump's team obviously had a good idea that Gob/Me was civ/civ so they switched the lynch to Gob so they wouldn't have to switch tomorrows lynch, just watch me catch the votes.

Linki - See?

For the record, the "lie" can't contain any obvious words like "civvie", "baddie" etc, and I haven't once lied in the game.
Even if you haven't, that doesn't mean you are not bad. But it does mean that if Gob checked a post of yours he wouldn't have seen a lie. IDK anymore. :ponder:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Another thought--Gobnait was the Princess and the Pea, meaning he was the lie detector. And he was pretty vehement that Queran was bad. I don't think we should discount that.

This ^^ FTW! About Queran at least.

I will silently vote, and probably for Queran, if we want a second party with a few votes to be certain. If we insist on conformity, I will vote for Carmen, but would much rather vote Queran.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Seeing as Gob was the lie detector, I think the only rational thing to do at this point is to lynch Quaran by as close to a unanimous vote as possible. If she flips bad, which i think she is our best bet of having that happen, then we can reconsider Carmen or look to her other defenders (or swayer againsters) but in the mean time continuing to try to lynch someone who appears unlynchable at this stage of the game just seems silly.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:

I will silently vote, and probably for Queran, if we want a second party with a few votes to be certain. If we insist on conformity, I will vote for Carmen, but would much rather vote Queran.
Why a second party with a few? Splitting the vote at all only helps Rumple. He clearly does not need our help.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

By the way, I think those are your ears, not a hat. And until you pointed out that you are a gremlin, I thought you were a mushroom :blush:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:
No....a Queran lynch now looks favourable. Does the majority agree?
Absolutely. If a lie detector dies pointing a finger at someone, you lynch the person being pointed at. It's a no brainer.
Reporting
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I'm good with a Queran vote, although I still feel like Carmen isn't good. Thinking about her role, she may also have the type role that has a limited number of saves built in, or what someone else suggested- that someone else has to die first, before she can die. Either way, do we just vote after daytime? Or do we post the players name? Whats best?
Assault
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Well clearly anything I say at this point is moot, as the pitchforks are out and the torches are lit. But, rather than go silently into the night (I just thought of that),

Consider this: You're all cowards.

Obviously 10-24 hours of thinking things through is worse than 48 hours of thinking things through. All you're doing by deciding to shut your mouths and vote for me during the day is helping the baddies not have to

A) Worry about tomorrows lynch
B) Worry about coming up with legitimate sounding cases
C) Blend in for another 48 hours.

I'm all for discussion, but "lets discuss everything for 24 hours and then just vote during the day" is a bit of a misnomer, isn't it? It's more like "Lets talk about how bad Queran is and then just vote". This is frustrating as all get out because I KNOW I'm not bad, and I KNOW this is a set up, and I have a ton of egg on my face right now, and to top that all off, you've decided to give me a shortened window of time to convince you even marginally that I'm good. We might as well hold the vote now.

"Lets not talk at all during the day because big bad scary Rumplestiltskin might steal our votes." Is the wrong way to look at it, because by NOT talking throughout the day, by voting with a hair trigger of just under 10 hours to talk things over and come to a reasonable conclusion, ALL Baddies win, not just Rump's team.
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Grutfud Orangesprite wrote:

Why a second party with a few? Splitting the vote at all only helps Rumple. He clearly does not need our help.
I thought someone up there mentioned that that would be a good idea? But like I said, I would rather lynch Queran.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Queran, all suspicions against you aside (strong as they are), considering that Rumpel has been manipulating lynches with impunity, how can you call what the town has decided unfair? Instead of admonishing the town for deciding not to talk during the day, wouldn't it be better if you quell some of the suspicions now:

1. Gobnait, a lie detector, has been gunning for you pretty much all game.
2. What are your thoughts on Carmen? Would you be willing to put a lynch vote on her tomorrow?
3. As far as I remember, you were one of the three players who voted Gobnait yesterday. Considering the lynch divert, wouldn't it be reasonable for the town to assume that you are one of the Rumpel gang, and therefore had to switch only four votes to get a majority?
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Also, Queran, since when is trying to outwit baddies cowardly? This power is obviously going to kill us all unless we figure out a way around it.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

I am not in favor of an utterly silent Day period. Is there no middle ground between complete silence and the explosive verbosity we have witnessed?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Shand Azureye wrote:Queran, all suspicions against you aside (strong as they are), considering that Rumpel has been manipulating lynches with impunity, how can you call what the town has decided unfair? Instead of admonishing the town for deciding not to talk during the day, wouldn't it be better if you quell some of the suspicions now:
This.

I would rather we make an honest determination of who we think is bad and see it through, even if it turns out we are mistaken, than keep allowing Rumpy to lynch whomever he likes. So says Fane Winebattle, oldest and wisest of the Dwarves.
Fractal
sprityo
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

1. Gobnait, a lie detector, has been gunning for you pretty much all game.
2. What are your thoughts on Carmen? Would you be willing to put a lynch vote on her tomorrow?
3. As far as I remember, you were one of the three players who voted Gobnait yesterday. Considering the lynch divert, wouldn't it be reasonable for the town to assume that you are one of the Rumpel gang, and therefore had to switch only four votes to get a majority?

1. I can't deny that, but I can't think of anything I've said that would be a lie big enough to warrant constant aggression.
2. I would put a vote on her, as I'm convinced at this point she's part of the party that set me up.
3. I made a huge case on Gobnait, and I believe it would have been a dick move not to vote for her, given the case I presented. It would have made me look 100% more suspicious if I voted for Carmen instead of going with the case I myself presented, and I'm sorry but I'm not the sort of player to do something underhanded like that.

Linki - It's cowardly to limit discussion to one day just because you're afraid Rumplestiltskin will have free run if you actually play the game and discuss things for 48 hours.

There is a difference between giving up and being clever. Being clever is using words that don't make sense, or devising a code that changes every night so it's impossible for Rumple to steal votes. Clever is not "You know what lets just shut up and vote."
Supervisor

Return to “Previous Jobs”