Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123

Re: Day 2~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:I have to say one of the complicated things going on with me is my biggest suspects seem to be at odds.

But I will say sig saying he reads Long Con as civilian does not appear to me to be buddying up.

In fact, I hesitate to say anyone merely saying 'I read person x as civilian' without much more to it is buddying up. My own reads are not deterred simply because someone reads me a certain way (I don't stop thinking someone is civ because they think I'm bad. I don't stop thinking someone is bad because they think I'm good.)
a2thezebra wrote:Golden and I seem to be on a very similar wavelength so far this game, I can dig it.
THIS is what I call buddying up.

I can say for certain that LC never trusts people saying they read him as civ, when he is in fact civ.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

Sig, who do you think people should vote for?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Ricochet wrote:Zebra's role isn't a seemer. She would have framed a player to show up bad on checks. That's just manipulation. A seemer would show up as good when lynched.

The speculation plausibile would be if Zebra's killer would mess with zebra's role reveal, turning it into a bad flip.
Long Con;1415200 wrote:
Seemer – If role-checked, the Seemer knows about it, and can decide what the role-checker sees. If lynched, the Seemer can choose what role the public perceives him as. Has no effect on alignment checks.
This to me is a Seemer. That is from A World Apart.
ImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by RadicalFuzz »

You neglected a question in my post. Do you think that saying "I don't do this as scum" will actually convince anyone that you're not scum?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Zebra's role isn't a seemer. She would have framed a player to show up bad on checks. That's just manipulation. A seemer would show up as good when lynched.

The speculation plausibile would be if Zebra's killer would mess with zebra's role reveal, turning it into a bad flip.
Seemer – If role-checked, the Seemer knows about it, and can decide what the role-checker sees. If lynched, the Seemer can choose what role the public perceives him as. Has no effect on alignment checks.

Of course the quote tags from another forum don't work, different style. :blush:
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Well fuck me, I forgot the colour ones too. :blush:
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:Do you have any idea why it seemed like zebra knew she was going to die before it was revealed? At least that was my impression.
I don't have any theory on that, other than to say that I can see why people feel she may have known.

The way I took it at the time was that she was wifoming an unkillable role for funsies (since she seemed to be doing a few things for funsies). If we were ever able to get some kind of confirmation that she would have known, though, it would change the way we look at her suspicions.

@BR - I guess what the theory is about is a reverse seemer (is that what people call a miller?)
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:
FZ. wrote:Do you have any idea why it seemed like zebra knew she was going to die before it was revealed? At least that was my impression.
I don't have any theory on that, other than to say that I can see why people feel she may have known.

The way I took it at the time was that she was wifoming an unkillable role for funsies (since she seemed to be doing a few things for funsies). If we were ever able to get some kind of confirmation that she would have known, though, it would change the way we look at her suspicions.

@BR - I guess what the theory is about is a reverse seemer (is that what people call a miller?)
You mean someone who makes another player look bad?

Unless they changed the wording in the role description as well the description is of evil.
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Black Rock wrote:

Yes. But Roger Rabbit here, if accurate, would have projected the first part of your sentence onto another player, not check out himself that way.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I need to go to sleep. I don't have time to go over Lorab, so can someone tell me why he/she has a couple of votes already? Don't want to vote Sig, and am not feeling the JJJ case yet. There are some posts where he comes off genuine, and then there is his vote that strikes me as weird. I might have missed him talking about Sig and the others who already had votes, but of all things, this might be the thing that makes me doubt him the most. Then again, I need to go and find his suspicion on MM and see how strongly he feels about it and voiced that feeling. But I need more time with him to decide.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:

Unless they changed the wording in the role description as well the description is of evil.
No, someone who flips bad when they are actually good. Thats sigs theory. And your last sentence describes exactly why I'm saying that the idea doesn't make sense for zebra. Clearly the role power is bad.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:

Yeah, but think it through.

1) The basis for sig's suspicion is that 'Roger Rabbit was a civ role last time' - coming from the fact that I was a civ as Roger Rabbit and said so.

2) So, is the idea that Zebra's role is true, but his role powers and affiliation are not?

3) Surely either only the affiliation would change and everything else would stay the same (in which case, the powers look bad and so I think there is no change to zebra's affiliation)... OR

Everything has changed.

Sig's theory doesn't check through, if you consider the fact his starting point was 'last time Roger Rabbit was civ'.
1) I'd need a second baddie flip to see if former civ roles can be redesigned as bad or if is, indeed, an dubious instance.

2) Not sure what you mean...?

3) The character I have was role transformed (powers), but not allignment transformed. Roger Rabbit's seems to have suffered it both ways (unless I'm mistaken and some of his powers were the same in the original game; my memory is danish bae, tbh). Also, the powers themselves seem very corruptive, no matter what name (character) you give to it. So either zebra was a) bad with a former civ name; b) bad with a name that her killer changed it to a civ reference (...which would prove...what?) or c) entirely good (with a name worthy of that, from original game), but transformed via alignment and powers to look bad...

...is that what you're trying to imply?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:

No, someone who flips bad when they are actually good. Thats sigs theory. And your last sentence describes exactly why I'm saying that the idea doesn't make sense for zebra. Clearly the role power is bad.
If that is truly sig's theory, then I don't understand how a civilian role can be "cursed from design" to flip bad when lynched or killed. It should be counterproductive to the civ's side of the balance, right?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:Have the following players posted at all toDay: b24, Draco, bloopers, sig, Spacedaisy, Tranq? Didn't even have time to update my spreadsheets.
Has this been answered? Don't make me sharpen my knives.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by timmer »

Just an FYI I've addled to be replaced. This game is just top big and my hiatus needs to start now. I will toss a random vote out there to keep the role alive until someone can be found to take over but I won't touch the people with votes as I've got no idea what is going on.
My siggie.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 51

Post by motel room »

sig I see you're in the lead where's your vote going?

RIP Bowie. Shit that was devestating kinda, as far as a celeb death goes.
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Other than Sig, I don't think any of the others posted.

I went to look at JJJ's vote for MM. It's mostly based on his interaction with zebra. Not sure what to make of it.

link: that's too bad. The game is way too big for me too, but I promised I'll replace if needed. Now I'm stuck here.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:

Yeah, but think it through.

1) The basis for sig's suspicion is that 'Roger Rabbit was a civ role last time' - coming from the fact that I was a civ as Roger Rabbit and said so.

2) So, is the idea that Zebra's role is true, but his role powers and affiliation are not?

3) Surely either only the affiliation would change and everything else would stay the same (in which case, the powers look bad and so I think there is no change to zebra's affiliation)... OR

Everything has changed.

Sig's theory doesn't check through, if you consider the fact his starting point was 'last time Roger Rabbit was civ'.
1) I'd need a second baddie flip to see if former civ roles can be redesigned as bad or if is, indeed, an dubious instance.

2) Not sure what you mean...?

3) The character I have was role transformed (powers), but not allignment transformed. Roger Rabbit's seems to have suffered it both ways (unless I'm mistaken and some of his powers were the same in the original game; my memory is danish bae, tbh). Also, the powers themselves seem very corruptive, no matter what name (character) you give to it. So either zebra was a) bad with a former civ name; b) bad with a name that her killer changed it to a civ reference (...which would prove...what?) or c) entirely good (with a name worthy of that, from original game), but transformed via alignment and powers to look bad...

...is that what you're trying to imply?
I think people are going way too far down the rabbit hole.

I'm trying to imply that sig having a theory that zebra wasn't bad seems like disingenuous speculation, because he speculates Zebra is good BECAUSE she was Roger Rabbit, but that means both affiliation and powers would have to change without the role name changing. And all because Rabbit was civ last time? Doesn't that sound to you like a baddie who knows that a number of the baddies have roles that were civ last time and is trying to minimise this? It's what it sounds like to me.

For what it's worth, my role as Roger Rabbit as civ also involved getting people to post emojis and being generally speaking a prankster, so the role remains entirely in spirit with the original role. Just a baddie version of it.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 49

Post by sig »

RadicalFuzz wrote:You neglected a question in my post. Do you think that saying "I don't do this as scum" will actually convince anyone that you're not scum?
Probably not, but I think looking at meta especially for something like teammate linking is important.

linki: I'd like to vote for either Dh or Llama, but would vote elsewhere for self preservation. I think both have been scummy and have given weak reasoningfor their votes. I've also suspected DH since night 0
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

sig wrote: 2. I disagree here, the chances of lynching a baddie day 1 is so small, getting an unkillable confirmed civ is better then maybe possibly lynching a baddie day 1. I think it is scummy for people to say it would have been better to lynch a baddie.
He's not unkillable. He was killed.
sig wrote:DH used a smile he must be mafia case closed.

Kinda stupid isn't it? That is at least two people's reasons or a portion of their reasons for voting me.
I don't think that is a fair representation of the people voting for you.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Boomslang gave that as a reason as did Wilgy.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
I think people are going way too far down the rabbit hole.

I'm trying to imply that sig having a theory that zebra wasn't bad seems like disingenuous speculation, because he speculates Zebra is good BECAUSE she was Roger Rabbit, but that means both affiliation and powers would have to change without the role name changing. And all because Rabbit was civ last time? Doesn't that sound to you like a baddie who knows that a number of the baddies have roles that were civ last time and is trying to minimise this? It's what it sounds like to me.

For what it's worth, my role as Roger Rabbit as civ also involved getting people to post emojis and being generally speaking a prankster, so the role remains entirely in spirit with the original role. Just a baddie version of it.
Oh, ok, then some of the role's original essence was preserved. As for the first part, it makes me go back to saying that a second flip reveal of the same caliber should clarify if such speculation is bull or not. Preferably by someone else than zebra's killer, because that would only enhance the speculation that the killer himself could be manipulating.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sig, DH is off the poll.

Hi llama :) Haven't seen you in ages! Everything okay?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

No idea who to vote for. Can I get a pass on my first day? :p I want to sleep.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

FZ. wrote:Sig, who do you think people should vote for?
Looking over the vote poll I'd also be okay with a JJJ lynch, however I'd prefer someone else. I still don't see the case against Lorab.

linki: Oh I didn't notice that. I guess I won't be voting for him today then.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Last general update from me, as I clearly won't make any real progress today, so good luck with toDay's result, civvies. I, the great Papryco, have faith in you, as you did in me once... oh...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:No idea who to vote for. Can I get a pass on my first day? :p I want to sleep.
For me, the most damning part of the case on LoRab is that people who are relatively good at reading her well have called her out and haven't let up. Sorry, I'm not the best to describe it, I know you've been looking for something in that direction.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote:
MacDougall wrote: You could change my mind. You aren't suspicious enough to me to be of immediate concern. Right now I am far more convinced that sig is bad. Help me find the big bads.

Sig is primary candidate for Zebra teammate! Let's lynch him.
No reason here, not even a weak case, and is his giant post that I snipped he didn't mention me once. :huh:
Shut up and be lynched scum. You know I've made cases on you in this game. You even commented and didn't address them, dismissing them with a joke. Take what's coming to you fiend.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:
FZ. wrote:No idea who to vote for. Can I get a pass on my first day? :p I want to sleep.
For me, the most damning part of the case on LoRab is that people who are relatively good at reading her well have called her out and haven't let up. Sorry, I'm not the best to describe it, I know you've been looking for something in that direction.
Thanks. Since no one answered, I read a few of her recent posts. Didn't see anything that screamed bad. Mostly saying how she isn't bad and that she would want a case presented so she could defend herself. I didn't have time to go further back. The thing that might have made me vote there is that at the moment, BR seems legit, and so does Epi, though there's not much to go on today. Yet I don't want to be responsible for a lynch I don't really see what the case is about. So as cowardly as this may sound, I'll vote somewhere else. I'm going with Juliets because her recent post just didn't feel genuine to me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FZ. wrote:I need to go to sleep. I don't have time to go over Lorab, so can someone tell me why he/she has a couple of votes already? Don't want to vote Sig, and am not feeling the JJJ case yet. There are some posts where he comes off genuine, and then there is his vote that strikes me as weird. I might have missed him talking about Sig and the others who already had votes, but of all things, this might be the thing that makes me doubt him the most. Then again, I need to go and find his suspicion on MM and see how strongly he feels about it and voiced that feeling. But I need more time with him to decide.
Lorab is a suspect but has been usurped by greater suspects imo. People putting their vote on her day 2 are doing it without realising there's gold in them thar hills.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sorry, I'm going to sleep.

linki: so you think Lorab is a good vote? Why so? Damn you, I want to sleep
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

sig wrote:Boomslang gave that as a reason as did Wilgy.
I'll reluctantly give you Boomslang, but that's not remotely true about Wilgy.

Here is Wilgy's case on you. It's very substantive.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Never mind, you can all manage without me. Good night.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:Never mind, you can all manage without me. Good night.
I'll miss you, FZ.

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:Can someone tell me what is the case on Lorab?

Also, JJJ, why is MM your top suspect? Do you find Sig to be good? If not, why are you kind of wasting a vote (unless you think people will join you...not that I'm seeing you try to convince anyone)
I covered the reasoning for my suspicion in the Zebra analyses. I think he's a potential team mate, mostly because a lot of his deliberate WIFOM posts appear less organic than they normally do to me -- particularly in his communication with Zebra. If he's not on her team then he was very unfortunate to choose her as his WIFOM pal of Day 1 Champs 2015.

I don't think my vote will stay there. I put it there a little bit ago so I could see the tally. I am suspicious of MM, but I don't think I have time tonight to push it.

Unless any of you are keen on an MM lynch.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

I could help lynch him. My vote's a loose cannon at the moment. How exciting :grin:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I like sig's response to DH's accusatory posts more than I like DH's accusatory posts.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Zebra and Metalmarsh89
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:To be fair, I think I have only ever voted for you once, and that was in a game where I was bad, and it was still a joke vote on Day 1. :noble:

So I can wash my hands of this.
This is true. I'm not trying to implicate anyone besides myself as the cause for my frequent early lynchings, apologies if I gave off a different impression. :noble:

linki - Haha, I didn't even bother to check that. All I knew was that even if it were true, it's not alignment-indicative regardless.
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You know what's interesting about this whole thing?

1) The post Ricochet was talking about wasn't even your first post of the game. This one was.
2) Matt posted far closer to you in terms of time frame, but Ricochet never mentions Matt.
After clicking these links to verify, I think you got the first two switched. But you are correct, the one near bcorn's is not the first. I even "buddied" Rico before the post that he claims to be my first. :ponder:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I posted "this is madness" because I had yet to catch up with the thread at that time but I still wanted to make my presence known.
Yes, you posted that because you had yet to catch up and wanted to make your presence known.

b24 also posted because he had yet to catch up and wanted to make your presence known.

It's called teamie coordination.
zeebz: Hey brian, let's go catch up on the mafia game.

brians: OK zeebz, I'm not caught up either (but posting in BTSC anyway).

zeebz: I have a great idea, let's state our intent to catch up before we do it.

brians: Good plan, you go first, I'll follow up in exactly 22 minutes and 17 seconds later.

zeebz: Fist bump broh!
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT THAT'S LINE-FOR-LINE WHAT HAPPENED
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Turnip Head
Echoed.

Turnip Head
Epi's next on the chopping block, he posted RIGHT AFTER TURNIP HEAD DID!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!1!!!
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Turnip Head
Echoed.

Turnip Head
Epi's next on the chopping block, he posted RIGHT AFTER TURNIP HEAD DID!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!1!!!
Omg, you posted after Epignosis did!

You're going down Day 3. :consoling:
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah booooo hooooooo booo hooo hoooooooooooooooo

linki - Oh? Why not? U BAD BRUH??? U HIS TEAMMATE BURH
a2thezebra wrote:I think MM is just being WIFOMy. I don't suspect him for it thought because for one, he's MM, and two, he's not trying to hog all the attention in the thread unlike my current vote.
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:If Rico REALLY wanted to be lynched then they wouldn't go about it the way they are. They would be more subtle. Getting lynched on Day 1 does not require a performance like the one Rico has given. Just say this or that and/or come off as disingenuous with a few actions and rest assured you will get lynched on Day 1. This is WAY more than that, it's unnecessary.
But if that is his goal, it has been effective. :shrug2:
True, but it has also brought up suspicion from you, Mac, and others that perhaps he is deliberately trying to get lynched - and there's a possibility that if enough people listen to you, someone else will get lynched before the day ends. He could have (and would have) easily gotten lynched today without arousing that particular suspicion had he been more subtle.
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:If Rico REALLY wanted to be lynched then they wouldn't go about it the way they are. They would be more subtle. Getting lynched on Day 1 does not require a performance like the one Rico has given. Just say this or that and/or come off as disingenuous with a few actions and rest assured you will get lynched on Day 1. This is WAY more than that, it's unnecessary.
True, but it has also brought up suspicion from you, Mac, and others that perhaps he is deliberately trying to get lynched - and there's a possibility that if enough people listen to you, someone else will get lynched before the day ends. He could have (and would have) easily gotten lynched today without arousing that particular suspicion had he been more subtle.
I don't know if that would work in an epic game like this with so many players and unknown alignments. I think one has to be bold and stand out.

Do you think Ricochet is trying to accomplish something else?

Linki: Thanks Matt. :blush:
You have a point DAMMITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I got nothing. You're right. He's trying to get lynched. Fuck me sideways, I'm convinced.

Boomslang
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:CFD JaggedCrypticJay
lol
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Told you he wanted to be lynched zebra. :)
Don't forget that you did convince me before the day was over that this was true, and I even changed my vote for less than half a minute.

I do still stand by that lynching Rico was the right way to go. Golden makes a good point that if a civ wants to be lynched, they should get what they want nine times out of ten.
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:If there's more than one, which you insinuated yourself, why wouldn't they have names to distinguish them? :ponder:
How many are there?

Juliets said that I suggested the mafia teams have names and I know what they are. I did not; that was a new idea that juliets put in my mouth.

I would agree that if there are two mafia teams, that they would have distinctive names.
I don't know how many there are. :ponder:

It may or may not have been the idea that you suggested, but she did not put the idea in your mouth. She understood, as Matt (and I, though not vocally) did as well, that you suggested there are multiple mafia teams. Since you agree that having multiple mafia teams would mean there are distinctive names for each team, then it would go without saying that by suggesting there are multiple teams you are suggesting there are names for them as well. I interpret that this is purely miscommunication; but I find it a bit odd that you actually find it suspicious that juliets would reach that conclusion.
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Ricochet has been lynched. He was Jacob Donner, a civilian.

If Jacob Donner is lynched on Day 1, he will die, revealing his full role. If this occurs, Donner may continue to post on-topic as if he were alive, but he cannot vote and cannot be targeted by any abilities or items.
I don't see why this is so hard for everyone. He's not an unkillable role, he's dead. Yeah, it's great that Rico can still help out with analysis, but we lost a civ vote, and our numbers are one fewer versus the mafia. Forgive me for not celebrating.
Would you prefer to have his vote and no knowledge of his alignment?

I wouldn't.
Nor would I.
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:If there's more than one, which you insinuated yourself, why wouldn't they have names to distinguish them? :ponder:
How many are there?

Juliets said that I suggested the mafia teams have names and I know what they are. I did not; that was a new idea that juliets put in my mouth.

I would agree that if there are two mafia teams, that they would have distinctive names.
I don't know how many there are. :ponder:

It may or may not have been the idea that you suggested, but she did not put the idea in your mouth. She understood, as Matt (and I, though not vocally) did as well, that you suggested there are multiple mafia teams. Since you agree that having multiple mafia teams would mean there are distinctive names for each team, then it would go without saying that by suggesting there are multiple teams you are suggesting there are names for them as well. I interpret that this is purely miscommunication; but I find it a bit odd that you actually find it suspicious that juliets would reach that conclusion.
Juliets suggested I know what the mafia team names are. To have this knowledge, I would probably have to be mafia. But she didn't seem very convinced considering the suggestion she made.
Convinced that you were mafia? I think she was trying to gauge that without outright accusing you of anything (which, as always, leads to different and often less reliable results) so I still don't see how the suggestion of the teams having names is suspicious in any way.
a2thezebra wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Dharma. I have a question for you. What do you think MM is trying to achieve with his crock of total shit?
:shrug: It could be that his question wasn't bait, but he's using the "bait" defense as an excuse after taking some flak.
Good point, that's possible.
You'll note that at one point Zebra suggests MM is just being WIFOMy as is sometimes his pleasure. I'd assert they were playing into WIFOM quite a bit, particularly when they were joking around about how STUPID and SILLY Rico's accusations were. We now know that in the case of Zebra, Rico's accusation was well-placed even if the reasoning was lacking. I don't struggle to see this as team mates being brazen in their WIFOM and dismissals of Rico's weak attacks. It's not as though MM left the door open to be linked to Zebra inadvertently -- the participation was always mutual.

Later Zebra does question MM a little, but it doesn't develop much and he also half-defends MM in the face of DH's "crock of shit" suspicion.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:You know what, I think Rico wants to be lynched.

I don't think we should give that to him. Discuss.
You voted zebra and I followed. That was the only vote ever placed on a confirmed baddie during this phase. I'm sorry if that's the best I could do. :shrug2:

Put yourself in my shoes (wash your feet first, tho) and tell me what I should do right now. Vote properly and achieve a 1 vote on a confirmed baddie. Much achievement. You're a notorious self-voter. And known to like apples. Discuss.
Zebra is confirmed town though.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:You know what, I think Rico wants to be lynched.

I don't think we should give that to him. Discuss.
You voted zebra and I followed. That was the only vote ever placed on a confirmed baddie during this phase. I'm sorry if that's the best I could do. :shrug2:

Put yourself in my shoes (wash your feet first, tho) and tell me what I should do right now. Vote properly and achieve a 1 vote on a confirmed baddie. Much achievement. You're a notorious self-voter. And known to like apples. Discuss.
Zebra is confirmed town though.
The fark he is.
I can confirm that in my proffesional mafia opinion, a2thezebra is civilian, I do declare.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:That idea's worth noting, Mac. HamburgerBoy has replaced juliets on my list of the six to potentially be killed by me. Killed. KILLED.

linki - I'm not claiming to know how you play in general, only how you have played recently. Which is not this. Or at least, it wasn't.

linki - stop stop stop lemme post ugh
Confirmed town.
This is all more WIFOM. Joking around is fine. Being incorrect in a town read is fine. But this doesn't look like that to me, it looks like a concerted effort to call Zebra a town read for no reason. This obviously came before Zebra's flip, and I could easily see this being MM's deliberate "way too wrong to be fake" WIFOM. I think he's suspicious and a potential team mate of Zebra.
You are correct. I recognized Ricochet's attempt to get lynched on Day 1, and was trying to counter anything he said and put a stop to it.

Calling zebra confirmed town had more to do with the fact the Ricochet was calling her confirmed scum, and less to do with the person in question.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FZ. wrote:Sorry, I'm going to sleep.

linki: so you think Lorab is a good vote? Why so? Damn you, I want to sleep
Nobody is as good a vote as sig.

I'd like to think I have a good grip on scum sig. I called him out as scum correctly in Dune and in West Wing.

I'm not so sure about my initial LoRab read anymore. She's not pinging me so much.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I like sig's response to DH's accusatory posts more than I like DH's accusatory posts.
Trademark Jimmy late day off wagon push incoming? :grin:
motel room wrote:I could help lynch him. My vote's a loose cannon at the moment. How exciting :grin:
DOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTT
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:I'd like to think I have a good grip on scum sig. I called him out as scum correctly in Dune and in West Wing.
I've never played with a mafia sig. What's he like?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:You are correct. I recognized Ricochet's attempt to get lynched on Day 1, and was trying to counter anything he said and put a stop to it.

Calling zebra confirmed town had more to do with the fact the Ricochet was calling her confirmed scum, and less to do with the person in question.
I like this answer. I won't vote for you today.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

yeah ok sig
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I like sig's response to DH's accusatory posts more than I like DH's accusatory posts.
Trademark Jimmy late day off wagon push incoming? :grin:
I have to adhere to my town meta. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote:
sig wrote:
MacDougall wrote: You could change my mind. You aren't suspicious enough to me to be of immediate concern. Right now I am far more convinced that sig is bad. Help me find the big bads.

Sig is primary candidate for Zebra teammate! Let's lynch him.
No reason here, not even a weak case, and is his giant post that I snipped he didn't mention me once. :huh:
Shut up and be lynched scum. You know I've made cases on you in this game. You even commented and didn't address them, dismissing them with a joke. Take what's coming to you fiend.
No especially since I'm civ. The very fact how quickly and unopposed my wagon is should help prove I'm not scum. Also I don't recall you ever making a case against me, if you did I would have answered it.

@Llama his case isn't really substantive, I find it to be very weak and he never answered my counter to his post.

linki: Mac you don't have a good grip on my scum play, especially if you think I'm zebras teammate.
ImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't think my vote will stay there. I put it there a little bit ago so I could see the tally. I am suspicious of MM, but I don't think I have time tonight to push it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:You are correct. I recognized Ricochet's attempt to get lynched on Day 1, and was trying to counter anything he said and put a stop to it.

Cool reason. You already said you wouldn't be voting him.
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I'd like to think I have a good grip on scum sig. I called him out as scum correctly in Dune and in West Wing.
I've never played with a mafia sig. What's he like?
I don't get caught or put in the spotlight, I never lead by so many votes and have people so eager to jump on my wagon and I don't create links with my teammates. I can avoid attention much longer if not forever in scum games and always attract it when I'm a civ.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't think my vote will stay there. I put it there a little bit ago so I could see the tally. I am suspicious of MM, but I don't think I have time tonight to push it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Cool reason. You already said you wouldn't be voting him.
Is saying that twice suspicious?

I don't have time to be more thorough. I like his answer.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good that sig is bad:
sig wrote:linki: Mac you don't have a good grip on my scum play, especially if you think I'm zebras teammate.
read: I am bad, but not for the reasons you say.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I like his answer.
I liked it too. It pushed MM up from where he was on my rainbow.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”