[END] Arrested Development Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Who's about to sell us out to the Sitwells?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Elohcin
No votes
G-Man
No votes
lovedelic
No votes
Sloonei 2
50%
Spacedaisy
No votes
thellama73
No votes
Turnip Head
No votes
How can anyone even understand this game? (host/non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 42

Re: [Day 2] Arrested Development Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

I am confused even more than I usually am in math classes by the equation that mafia killing a green peener who just smokescreened (so no actual info) = the smokescreener's peen being cleared as civilian.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:I am confused even more than I usually am in math classes by the equation that mafia killing a green peener who just smokescreened (so no actual info) = the smokescreener's peen being cleared as civilian.
If the mafia is looking for the cop and kill a player who gave a green check, that means the green check was a civilian. If they hit a fake cop, it doesn't break the logic that the check was accurate, even if it wasn't real.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That assumes that all mafia targets would be based on killing the cop, which is apparently not the case.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I am confused even more than I usually am in math classes by the equation that mafia killing a green peener who just smokescreened (so no actual info) = the smokescreener's peen being cleared as civilian.
If the mafia is looking for the cop and kill a player who gave a green check, that means the green check was a civilian. If they hit a fake cop, it doesn't break the logic that the check was accurate, even if it wasn't real.
Still confused.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Still confused.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Still confused.
Still confused.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It appears we've reached a stalemate.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

\o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:On the next... Arrested Development:

The narrator breaks the fourth wall, and speculates that if he *had* killed Ann, he would have done it to avoid a situation of "seer hunt clear", and only then.

A "seer hunt clear" would be a situation in which the mafia kills one of the five players who claimed a n0 green peek, that player flipped vanilla civilian, and then the player that they claimed as a n0 green peek would be a confirmed vanilla civilian, and the cop would still be at large.
That's exactly what I said and it sounded like you disagreed with me :derp:
That's because the risk of leaving the cop alive and avoiding seer hunt clear is not even close to being as good of a NK thought process as trying to kill a suspected cop.

If the mafia try to avoid SHC every night, eventually the cop will just solve the game.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 59

Post by G-Man »

G-Man, Metalmarsh89, and Sorsha will explain (1) their votes for Sloonei and (2) why they did not believe DrWilgy's peek on Sloonei was legitimate.
Oh boy. I know these new glasses only seem to make my vision worse but now I'm hearing voices demanding explanations of myself? I guess I fit into this family after all.

I voted for Tobias because the case against him was made by Buster. While his hook hand is creeping me out today, I trusted his judgement yesterday. This is going to sound really weird but I feel like I knew him in a past life. Maybe, you know, even more than one past life. In these past life memories, Buster made similar cases against people in similar scenarios to this one. In many of those scenarios, he was right in profound ways. I trusted those past life memories when voting for Tobias. It's difficult to, you know, figure much of anything out on the first day of this kind of thing.

As for not trusting Aunt Lindsay's claim about Tobias- if multiple people are claiming others as good, why should I trust any of them? Maybe that's just my youth and inexperience showing but if only one person can make a true claim and multiple people are making claims, then why bother trying to figure out which one is right? It comes down to each person's word in a situation where lying is encouraged.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Still confused.
Rico, and anyone else who's still confused, think of it as if you're the mafia and you're hunting for the cop

"Let's kill Player A, they seem like they could be the cop" -- IMPLICIT in this statement is the assumption that the peek (Player B) that Player A threw out absolutely must be civilian, because if Player B is mafia, then then mafia would know with 100% certainty that Player A instead was a vanilla civilian who fake peeked a mafia to try to provide cover for the cop and guessed incorrectly.

So if the mafia kill Player A who peeked Player B as green, and that Player A dies and flips vanilla civilian, then implicit in that NK decision is the assumption that the mafia knew that Player B was a civilian, because otherwise they wouldn't have killed Player A in looking for the cop.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

The narrator breaks the fourth wall, and speculates that if he *had* killed Ann, he would have done it to avoid a situation of "seer hunt clear", and only then.

A "seer hunt clear" would be a situation in which the mafia kills one of the five players who claimed a n0 green peek, that player flipped vanilla civilian, and then the player that they claimed as a n0 green peek would be a confirmed vanilla civilian, and the cop would still be at large.
That's exactly what I said and it sounded like you disagreed with me :derp:
That's because the risk of leaving the cop alive and avoiding seer hunt clear is not even close to being as good of a NK thought process as trying to kill a suspected cop.

If the mafia try to avoid SHC every night, eventually the cop will just solve the game.
And per the underlined, well, I agree. But that happened, that's what they did. Avoiding SHC Night 1 =/= avoiding it every night. All they've done is establish a precedent that their kills are not necessarily driven by looking for the cop.

But they'll have to hunt eventually. I'm just not sure how to use that to our advantage at this point.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I agree, and I think our efforts are better served on analyzing posts and votes, as well as engaging others in suspicions, rather than speculating on the mafia's train of thought with regards to their N1 NK. There really isn't anything else to say at this point regarding the latter.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Still confused.
Rico, and anyone else who's still confused, think of it as if you're the mafia and you're hunting for the cop

"Let's kill Player A, they seem like they could be the cop" -- IMPLICIT in this statement is the assumption that the peek (Player B) that Player A threw out absolutely must be civilian, because if Player B is mafia, then then mafia would know with 100% certainty that Player A instead was a vanilla civilian who fake peeked a mafia to try to provide cover for the cop and guessed incorrectly.

So if the mafia kill Player A who peeked Player B as green, and that Player A dies and flips vanilla civilian, then implicit in that NK decision is the assumption that the mafia knew that Player B was a civilian, because otherwise they wouldn't have killed Player A in looking for the cop.
Ooh. That's a rad explanation. \o/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know how to analyze posts and votes at this stage. Voting patterns in general are difficult to analyze without a mafia flip, especially with a spread out vote. On top of that everyone has stuck mostly in character. Like I said earlier very few people have made waves which makes it easy for the baddies to blend into the crowd.

Does anyone currently present want to make some pressure votes with me? Let's put someone in the hot seat.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Yes, let's analyze votes. Maybe you won't ignore my lists if I don't use spoiler tags. Or maybe I should just go back to being ignored. I don't know. I have a movie to go to and a pageant to get ready for.

Votes as they were when I voted:

1. LOVEDELIC (thellama73)
2. THELLAMA73 (lovedelic)
3. LOVEDELIC (Elohcin)
4. ELOHCIN (DrWilgy)
5. SPACEDAISY (MovingPictures07)
6. SLOONEI (Turnip Head)
7. TURNIP HEAD (a2thezebra) <---civvie
8. RICOCHET (Metalmarsh89)
9. TURNIP HEAD (Sloonei) <---civvie
10. THELLAMA73 (Spacedaisy)
11. SLOONEI (Sorsha)
12. SLOONEI (G-Man)

6. SLOONEI (Turnip Head)
11. SLOONEI (Sorsha)
12. SLOONEI (G-Man)

3. LOVEDELIC (Elohcin)

10. THELLAMA73 (Spacedaisy)

9. TURNIP HEAD (Sloonei) <---civvie

4. ELOHCIN (DrWilgy)

8. RICOCHET (Metalmarsh89)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

End-of-day votes:

3. LOVEDELIC (Elohcin)
4. ELOHCIN (DrWilgy)
6. SLOONEI (Turnip Head)
8. THELLAMA73 (Spacedaisy)
9. SLOONEI (Sorsha)
10. SLOONEI (G-Man)
11. THELLAMA73 (Sloonei) <---civvie
12. LOVEDELIC (Ricochet)
13. SLOONEI (Metalmarsh89)

6. SLOONEI (Turnip Head)
9. SLOONEI (Sorsha)
10. SLOONEI (G-Man)
13. SLOONEI (Metalmarsh89)

3. LOVEDELIC (Elohcin)
12. LOVEDELIC (Ricochet)

8. THELLAMA73 (Spacedaisy)
11. THELLAMA73 (Sloonei) <---civvie

4. ELOHCIN (DrWilgy)

PS- Sorry I helped get you killed Uncle Tobias. I'll try to do better this time.
My Banners:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't know how to analyze posts and votes at this stage. Voting patterns in general are difficult to analyze without a mafia flip, especially with a spread out vote. On top of that everyone has stuck mostly in character. Like I said earlier very few people have made waves which makes it easy for the baddies to blend into the crowd.

Does anyone currently present want to make some pressure votes with me? Let's put someone in the hot seat.
Right now I'm currently burning Spacedaisy's butt. :nicenod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man, apologies, I should have thanked you specifically for that analysis by the way. I've already mulled over it a bit, but haven't had any particular revelations. Many of the votes were inherently suspicious since there wasn't much of heavy substance on this D1.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't know how to analyze posts and votes at this stage. Voting patterns in general are difficult to analyze without a mafia flip, especially with a spread out vote. On top of that everyone has stuck mostly in character. Like I said earlier very few people have made waves which makes it easy for the baddies to blend into the crowd.

Right now I'm currently burning Spacedaisy's butt. :nicenod:
I'm game.

SpaceDaisy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head, go back and ISO Daisy for me if you don't mind. What do you make of her D1 behavior?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Sorsha »

G-Man, Metalmarsh89, and Sorsha will explain (1) their votes for Sloonei and (2) why they did not believe DrWilgy's peek on Sloonei was legitimate.

Elohcin, thellama73, and Ricochet will explain why (1) their votes for lovedelic and (2) why they did not believe Spacedaisy's peek on lovedelic was legitimate.

lovedelic and Spacedaisy will explain why (1) their votes for thellama73 and (2) why they did not believe Ricochet's peek on thellama73 was legitimate.

Spacedaisy will explain why she voted for me, then moved my vote without responding to my inquiry and acknowledging the switch.

It's possible one of these peeks is real. So why did all of these votes land like this?
Was it just the three of us who voted for Sloonei?

He can't be picking on my poor baby Buster.
DrWilgy wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Well that's just great, now my dad's dead and I'm stuck with my mother, I wonder if I could get emaciated. Move out on my own...

Hey GMan, I hear that new French cousins movie is playing, you want to catch the matinee? Might give us the chance to talk about who you think might be bad.
You can do what you want as far as I'm concerned.

Why did y'all kill my husband? I left to go shopping only to come back and see him dead!
(why am I a girl?)
You know you're going to have to go on a diet if you ever hope to find another suitable husband.

:gulps down her vodka martini and immediately begins to fix another:

Of course its a good idea to look at the players who voted the lynched civ and the other "green peeks" but at this stage of the game it's a piece of cake for the mafia to sit back, pop a single vote on a player and watch the other civs tear each other apart.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Turnip Head, go back and ISO Daisy for me if you don't mind. What do you make of her D1 behavior?
Only 8 posts. I see lots of roleplaying, then calling you out for roleplaying, which is hypocritical but not necessarily suspicious. She played along pretending to be the cop to give me cover, which was nice, but checks are also easy for bad guys to fake.

There's nothing that stands out as pro-civilian, but also nothing too different from what everyone else did Day 1. I don't have any read on her at all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:

Elohcin, thellama73, and Ricochet will explain why (1) their votes for lovedelic and (2) why they did not believe Spacedaisy's peek on lovedelic was legitimate.

lovedelic and Spacedaisy will explain why (1) their votes for thellama73 and (2) why they did not believe Ricochet's peek on thellama73 was legitimate.

Spacedaisy will explain why she voted for me, then moved my vote without responding to my inquiry and acknowledging the switch.

It's possible one of these peeks is real. So why did all of these votes land like this?

The three of you + Turnip Head.

Sorsha wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Well that's just great, now my dad's dead and I'm stuck with my mother, I wonder if I could get emaciated. Move out on my own...

Hey GMan, I hear that new French cousins movie is playing, you want to catch the matinee? Might give us the chance to talk about who you think might be bad.

Why did y'all kill my husband? I left to go shopping only to come back and see him dead!
(why am I a girl?)
You know you're going to have to go on a diet if you ever hope to find another suitable husband.

Of course its a good idea to look at the players who voted the lynched civ and the other "green peeks" but at this stage of the game it's a piece of cake for the mafia to sit back, pop a single vote on a player and watch the other civs tear each other apart.
What do you think happened in this game? Have you identified any leads?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I think it's quite possible that either GOB or Pop Pop could be one of the killers. I think it helps explain the voting focus on just three people instead of staying more spread out. I have to put in a shift at the banana stand now, so it looks like I won't be able to go to that movie, Maeby.
My Banners:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man wrote:I think it's quite possible that either GOB or Pop Pop could be one of the killers. I think it helps explain the voting focus on just three people instead of staying more spread out. I have to put in a shift at the banana stand now, so it looks like I won't be able to go to that movie, Maeby.
Isn't that too WIFOMy though? You willing to place a vote behind that thought?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:I think it's quite possible that either GOB or Pop Pop could be one of the killers. I think it helps explain the voting focus on just three people instead of staying more spread out. I have to put in a shift at the banana stand now, so it looks like I won't be able to go to that movie, Maeby.
How is that WIFOMy? I've explained my theory on the possibility of GOB, Lucille, and Steve. I'm just expanding it to include the other person receiving three votes.
My Banners:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

The three of you + Turnip Head.

Sorsha wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

(why am I a girl?)

Actually the vote was not as spread out as I thought it was, only three players had token votes on another player at the EoD. You, Wilgy and zebra. I'd have my money on either you or Wilgy being bad. If my family had any money left that is.... not that I had anything to do with that...

:sips martini and looks away:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Spacedaisy »

I voted for that annoying voice over guy and gave him a hard time because of the same reason you guys are on me right now. I wanted to see what kind of reaction he would give. And I switched my vote because I decided to put pressure somewhere else. So I did, then I forgot when the vote ended and that was where my vote stayed as a result. But I don't mind. Remember lovedelic was my green peek, so why wouldn't I vote the same way he did?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
How is that WIFOMy? I've explained my theory on the possibility of GOB, Lucille, and Steve. I'm just expanding it to include the other person receiving three votes.
It's an interesting theory, but it's entirely speculative and just as likely that any or all of those players are civilian and the mafia stayed out of the limelight completely yesterday. I don't think it's strong enough.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

Actually the vote was not as spread out as I thought it was, only three players had token votes on another player at the EoD. You, Wilgy and zebra. I'd have my money on either you or Wilgy being bad. If my family had any money left that is.... not that I had anything to do with that...

You're that confident that a mafia member threw off a vote?

You don't have any read on whether anyone is reading sincerely or not?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

Why not keep? Keep your hands clean and out of the lynch.

I think you're all a bunch of ungrateful, lying ingrates. Except my Buster.
Spacedaisy wrote:I voted for that annoying voice over guy and gave him a hard time because of the same reason you guys are on me right now. I wanted to see what kind of reaction he would give. And I switched my vote because I decided to put pressure somewhere else. So I did, then I forgot when the vote ended and that was where my vote stayed as a result. But I don't mind. Remember lovedelic was my green peek, so why wouldn't I vote the same way he did?
And what did his reaction tell you? I'm guessing it satisfied you since you changed your vote. What do you think of him putting the pressure on you today? Is he trying to get you out of the way before you find him out or something else?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:I voted for that annoying voice over guy and gave him a hard time because of the same reason you guys are on me right now. I wanted to see what kind of reaction he would give. And I switched my vote because I decided to put pressure somewhere else. So I did, then I forgot when the vote ended and that was where my vote stayed as a result. But I don't mind. Remember lovedelic was my green peek, so why wouldn't I vote the same way he did?
You think I was annoying? :evileye: :sigh:

Why didn't you give that explanation earlier? Also, your last statement is quasi ex-post facto; you give a justification for being OK with your vote, when in reality you said you decided to apply pressure and then you forgot the vote ended so that's where your vote stayed.

So did you vote for thellama73 to put pressure on him, or because lovedelic did?

I also find it perplexing you don't mention Sloonei at all. You had no thoughts on any players, including him or llama?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

And what did his reaction tell you? I'm guessing it satisfied you since you changed your vote. What do you think of him putting the pressure on you today? Is he trying to get you out of the way before you find him out or something else?
Why not vote for Sloonei using roleplay as justification? Look at all that heat you're getting. You can literally argue "why ____?" or "why not _____" with regards to any potential mafia strategy for voting on D1. You're going to have to give me more than that.

Also, the underlined is a loaded question, and worthy of suspicion.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
You think I was annoying? :evileye: :sigh:

Why didn't you give that explanation earlier? Also, your last statement is quasi ex-post facto; you give a justification for being OK with your vote, when in reality you said you decided to apply pressure and then you forgot the vote ended so that's where your vote stayed.

So did you vote for thellama73 to put pressure on him, or because lovedelic did?

I also find it perplexing you don't mention Sloonei at all. You had no thoughts on any players, including him or llama?
Both are true. I voted him to put pressure on him and was ok with it as well because lovedelic was already there. Plus two votes applies more pressure than one.

Regarding the outcome of the pressure on MP, I was satisfied yes and I still am. I don't think he is bad. He is probably applying pressure to me now to decide what he thinks of me. :shrug:

I had no read on sloonei, and I don't particularly trust llama. In the end a civ was lynched, so it makes me question if there was a save in play.

Why did I not use role play as justification to vote sloonei? Because my particular point against MP was that he was using the role he had chosen to role play as an excuse to get away with just recapping rather than adding significant input to the conversation. I no longer feel like he is doing that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks Daisy, appreciate the response.

Regarding the "why not vote for Sloonei using roleplay as justification?", to clarify, I was poking at Sorsha's vote, which was as unsubstantiated as the D1 votes could get (she was "protecting Buster"). Hers is far from the only unsubstantiated, but I find it a bit narrow-minded of her to commit to such strong interpretations of a mafia strategy for D1 votes, when it's just as likely that mafia could have used roleplay to avoid justification for their vote as it is that they threw off to avoid the main wagons.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On that note, Sorsha

And I'm out of here, be back probably tomorrow evening.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

Why not vote for Sloonei using roleplay as justification? Look at all that heat you're getting. You can literally argue "why ____?" or "why not _____" with regards to any potential mafia strategy for voting on D1. You're going to have to give me more than that.

Also, the underlined is a loaded question, and worthy of suspicion.
I'd say it'd be a loaded question if I left the "or something else" off of the end. The first part is just what jumps to mind when I think of you and daisy going against each other. As spouses I think you'd read each other better than most others in the game. So anytime one spouse goes against the other in a game, like you are to her, it makes me wonder why. Do you really believe she is bad, or do you just want her taken out before she finds out you are bad? Of course, the third side of the coin is that you're both civ but I'd like to hear SD's take on it before I decide if it's that.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:On that note, Sorsha

And I'm out of here, be back probably tomorrow evening.
:raises martini glass in a wave goodbye:
lovedelic
Posts in topic: 29

Post by lovedelic »

are green peeks just predictions that may or may not be made by a cop
lovedelic

Post by lovedelic »

i didn't believe rico's peek on gob because it was roleplay bs

but my suspicion of llama is also roleplay bs so
lovedelic

Post by lovedelic »

rico is either town or clever scum. town
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Daisy is there anyone you want to put some pressure on today?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks Daisy, appreciate the response.

Regarding the "why not vote for Sloonei using roleplay as justification?", to clarify, I was poking at Sorsha's vote, which was as unsubstantiated as the D1 votes could get (she was "protecting Buster"). Hers is far from the only unsubstantiated, but I find it a bit narrow-minded of her to commit to such strong interpretations of a mafia strategy for D1 votes, when it's just as likely that mafia could have used roleplay to avoid justification for their vote as it is that they threw off to avoid the main wagons.
Maybe Buster was my green peek and I was trying to be subtle about it. :martini:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Elohcin »

I think we're all forgetting that it's possible that the cop never said anything about his peek. Perhaps every person who provided a green peek isn't the cop. Just sayin'. (Ha, and I see G-man agrees.)

Then again it could also make sense that the cop is among one of those who gave a green peek. I don't think I fully understood the importance of what TH (I think it was TH) was saying yesterday when he was saying we ought to be more discreet with blabbering the peek, or something like that.

I did explain my vote. And no, I didn't find Spacedaisy's green peek believable. If I remember correctly, she came in after the subject had already been talked about a lot. Perhaps she was trying to jump in on giving a green peek to distract the baddies from finding out who the real cop was. Which is a good think imo. I mean, aren't we supposed to try and keep our cop hidden? Are we even doing ourselves any good talking about the cop. I think we should look to who would have killed Zebra. I think a good cop gets their read and then tries to build a case on that player being civ or baddie. Saying, "i got a green peek on so-and-so" is a bit damaging to ones self.
Turnip Head wrote:MP07, if you had killed a2thezebra, why would you have done it?
ooo, good question. This will get our heads in a good place for hunting baddies.
Turnip Head wrote:I guess, in a way, the mafia have avoided the concept of "seer hunt clear" altogether by taking Zeebs out Night 1. They have now established that their kills may not be based on hunting for the cop, so if they hit a vanilla with cop cover later in the game, those green checks are not automatically validated.

It's a clever strategy if true. I can only think of a few players who might think of doing something like that. :ponder:
Back to the post before this one...If I had killed Zebra it would have been because she posted in a color I couldn't read. :haha: I don't even understand what TH is saying here about hitting a vanilla with a cop cover ad green checks not automatically validated. Can you explain? I thought this was a simple game, no secrets.

HA, reading on I see I'm not the only one confused.

MP, why would the mafia try to AVOID killing the cop? That would be silly. And thank you for the player A and B thing. I am no longer confused :D

All this does make SD look pretty suspicious. And this post doesn't help imo.
G - do you have a spreadsheet of who's who or something? If so, do you think you could share it with the class. I am unable to understand yours posts b/c I don't know who the heck you're talking about half the time.
lovedelic wrote:are green peeks just predictions that may or may not be made by a cop
A green peek is where the cop peeks at a player and finds out he/she is civ. A red peek is when the sop finds out the person he peeked is bad.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Elohcin wrote:I think we're all forgetting that it's possible that the cop never said anything about his peek. Perhaps every person who provided a green peek isn't the cop. Just sayin'. (Ha, and I see G-man agrees.)

Then again it could also make sense that the cop is among one of those who gave a green peek. I don't think I fully understood the importance of what TH (I think it was TH) was saying yesterday when he was saying we ought to be more discreet with blabbering the peek, or something like that.
It's not our job to find the cop, it's the bad guys' job. The cop will reveal himself/herself to us when the time is right. A mix of obvious checks and subtle ones will make their job more difficult. The real cop might choose to go the subtle route for instance, and if a vanilla civ also pretends to leave a check through subtle methods, there's a higher chance of their check being legit cleared if that vanilla is killed for it.

But honestly the more we talk about it the less of an advantage it gives us. We kinda just need to wing it.

Not sure whether to be pinged by your big post Elo. I appreciate your contributions, but it also seems slightly out of character for you. :ponder:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think we're all forgetting that it's possible that the cop never said anything about his peek. Perhaps every person who provided a green peek isn't the cop. Just sayin'. (Ha, and I see G-man agrees.)

It's not our job to find the cop, it's the bad guys' job. The cop will reveal himself/herself to us when the time is right. A mix of obvious checks and subtle ones will make their job more difficult. The real cop might choose to go the subtle route for instance, and if a vanilla civ also pretends to leave a check through subtle methods, there's a higher chance of their check being legit cleared if that vanilla is killed for it.

But honestly the more we talk about it the less of an advantage it gives us. We kinda just need to wing it.

Not sure whether to be pinged by your big post Elo. I appreciate your contributions, but it also seems slightly out of character for you. :ponder:
Right....and I think I said in my post (or at least was thinking it) that we ought not talk too much about it but get our heads into finding baddies and thinking who might be responsible for such a kill.

Also, your response to my post is the same response I got in the last game I played. I am just much better at playing these tiny vanilla games with few people and no secrets. I'm a simple gal and I can actually wrap my mind around these games and contribute something. I few games ago, I said I would not play anymore big games. I tried the game of champions for one day and quit and am sticking to my vow. I am not even gonna play Epi's batman game. it will my the first game I;ve missed that he's hosted. But I have found I enjoy these small games far too much to go back to sittin' pretty til I die or get lynched in those big games.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Elohcin wrote:Also, your response to my post is the same response I got in the last game I played.
Yeah, but you were bad in that one :pout: And had me completely fooled.

I believe you when you say you're better at these smaller games. I also believe you're better at being bad in them :dark:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Also, your response to my post is the same response I got in the last game I played.
Yeah, but you were bad in that one :pout: And had me completely fooled.

I believe you when you say you're better at these smaller games. I also believe you're better at being bad in them :dark:
:haha: You are probably right that I was bad. I honestly don't keep that info in my grain after it's over. I couldn't even tell you the name of that game. My mind is constantly having to hold new information for this and that and once its over, I let it go. Same thing with my business. Ask me anything about the cakes I have to do this week and I can tell you -flavors, sizes, decorations. Ask me what I have next week, I have no clue until after Saturday when this week's cakes are complete and I've looked at the order forms for next week so I can make a grocery list.

Its not a great thing that that's how my brain works b/c I cannot say, but hey, remember such-and-such game when I contributed a lot and I was good?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

:p in my brain*
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm sorry, explain to me ELO how my not voting for the guy who got lynched and flipped civ looks suspicious? My vote ended on the guy who looked like he might have been saved, so Im not seeing the logic.

Sorsha, MP has never come out and said I was bad. If he believed I was bad, he would have. I am fairly certain he is applying pressure to see how I respond. I don't believe he is bad, and I have to agree that the phrasing of your question does look kind of heavy handed. You basically asked, do you think he is bad or that he thinks you are bad? The answer is neither.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”