30%

Total votes: 20
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I really don't want to trudge through old games to find specific posts, but it's true.

There are multiple reasons I am not as aggressive as I was last year. In terms of time, I've been hosting for six months. I also have a new profitable hobby in fantasy NBA, which takes a great deal of time and research to stay profitable.

In terms of Mafia, though, I started trying to dial back as far back as Death Note, when I was almost certain FZ. was bad and would not relent in hunting her down. It was a terrible blow when I realized how much time and effort I wasted contributing to my own loss. That made me begin to reevaluate my approach.

One big thing for me recently was Lost Again, in which I couldn't imagine Bullzeye being bad and argued against his lynch. S~V~S successfully got him lynched and won us the game. If I had my way, we would have Lost. Again.

Another major reason I'll just mention, without going into it, is that our site is becoming too confrontational for some people, and I'm trying to make a conscious effort to avoid contributing to that. I know I'm not the only one.

If I get lynched because I'm not being aggressive, oh well.
I see your point. I also think it's a good idea to look at those instances differently. S~V~S did not win you guys the game. It was a team effort. S~V~S may have led the charge, but one civilian cannot lynch a baddie alone. That civilian needs help from other civilians. You may not have helped lynch Bullzeye in that situation, but S~V~S got the support she needed. That's how it goes sometimes. I think this is where and element of trust comes into play in mafia. Harry Potter is another example. You rezzed me, an assured civilian, back into the game, but didn't trust me after you did. On the other hand, my return play was pretty sketchy, so your skepticism was warranted.

But I hope you don't beat yourself up for being wrong in games. When you're civilian, you're far more likely to be on point than I am. Need I remind you of Monopoly where you caught BWT on Day 3? Or Death Note, where you easily figured out that TH and I were Shinigami? I've watched you shred my mafia teammates too many times to let you be disappointed about a few wrong instances.

As for being confrontational, I still think it has its place in mafia. The baddies kill civilians every single night, which is a very mean thing to do. The civilians shouldn't roll over and take it, they need to have a little bit of urgency.
I forgot about the paranoid resurrection in HP. :eek: God, was I atrocious. :haha:

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm swamped today and I have a 12 hour workday tomorrow. If I survive to the weekend, I'll put on my big boy pants and do work. :beer:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by agleaminranks »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Why don't you just admit you are voting for Ika because you need to survive the lynch?

It would look more honest.
That's not my primary concern. I don't think I'm going to survive today. I expect some bandwagon to build up at the last minute and take me down.

I knew that changing my vote would cast more suspicion on me. It's probably going to give the people who are on the fence a better reason to swing my way. But I'm trying to focus on what I think is right and what I think I know. To the best of my abilities.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Why don't you just admit you are voting for Ika because you need to survive the lynch?

It would look more honest.
Voting for Epignosis at that point would actually help him more. :p

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Silverwolf, I'm calling your bluff. I went back and examined the Wilgy case and I don't have anything stronger to go on there. I think my rationale will stand for itself. I have a long day of classes and I'm not 100% sure I can check in again before the deadline.

Silverwolf
If you have a well-build case against Wilgy, then why don´t you just vote for him?
I think he's saying Silverwolf has a case on Wilgy, not himself.
Whoops, my bad.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

@Epignosis, what do you think about Wilgy right now?

I mean, you said you think he's a civ, but what made you change your mind?

Dunno if you have the time to answer this now, but I'll leave the question for when you do.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hey gleam, how do you feel about Epignosis? I know ypu mentioned previously that he seems different than he was in Pikmin, but what do you think about his actions in this game?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ika hasn't posted since yesterday, I'm worried he might be one of the people asking to be replaced. I hope we didn't bully him out of the game.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Lol @ your avatar MM.

So Golden still has his vote on me, and Indi (who replaced my bestie Bullz) also has her vote on me. I assure you, Ms. Indiglo, you are making a mistake here. I know saying that does absolutely nothing to sway your opinion, but needed to be said.

I'm inclined to vote gleam simply so ika doesn't die right away. I like ika and Silverwolf, and find their frolicking in thread to be refreshing...that doesn't mean I won't vote for them at all during the game, but I'd like to give them another day or two.

I'm gonna vote for Golden again. People seem to think I'm wrong on the whole "quick reads" thing, but whatevs. I'm used to a civ Golden who goes after baddies, not says "Oh here are all my civ reads and I don't really have any baddie reads atm". A game with one team with a Golden who doesn't have any baddie reads is a strong indicator, IMO, that Golden is having trouble finding Mafia cuz...yep he is one.

My eye is also on Quin and Sloonei. I promised Quin an ISO today, I'll get around to it.
Image Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Why Sloonei?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

So I'm lost right know, everyone I've suspected seems to have countered my suspicions. I'm thinking maybe the mafia are laying low and not really posting?

I've got an off gut feeling from Epi and Wilgy, but I can't explain it at all. I still don't see the gleam or Ike case.

linki: yeah why Sloonie?
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My avatar has been like this since before Day 1 Matt. :p. But thank you much! Spacedaisy made it for me (at my request) while this game was still in signups.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, why Sloonei?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm having a hard time getting over the "town read" on gleam thing. Derp. SVS herself (who brought up the case) has seemed to let it go, but it's like an itch I can't scratch. Also, I admit it may be a bit of an omgus because Sloon was looking my way at one point, I believe, and I didn't like that. :meany:
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@Epignosis, what do you think about Wilgy right now?

Dunno if you have the time to answer this now, but I'll leave the question for when you do.
I won't be voting for him. I don't think it's a good idea to say why.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matt wrote:I'm having a hard time getting over the "town read" on gleam thing. Derp. SVS herself (who brought up the case) has seemed to let it go, but it's like an itch I can't scratch. Also, I admit it may be a bit of an omgus because Sloon was looking my way at one point, I believe, and I didn't like that. :meany:
i've looked at everyone. You should be more concerned if I were to have not said anything about you all game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't like that Epignosis has 3 votes. I don't like it one bit :suspish:

Sloonei is supatowning, which means he's either one of our most valuable assets or an undercover cop :ponder: Only time will tell I suppose. He defended his Nerolunar read really well, but I don't like that he's criticizing Epignosis for not agreeing with his read, as if Nero's civvieness is obvious.

I don't really know who I want to vote for. I'm not a fan of any of the major wagons but don't have strong baddie reads on anyone.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by agleaminranks »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey gleam, how do you feel about Epignosis? I know ypu mentioned previously that he seems different than he was in Pikmin, but what do you think about his actions in this game?
Well, I posted some thoughts about it earlier. I disagreed with your analysis of him flip-flopping. He had voted me pretty early to get me to come out and participate, which I did. He then moved his vote off of me fairly quickly. That's why I wasn't phased by his vote.

You then said that you stated his actions as being misleading when he claimed I might be bad, and then went on to talk about how he didn't understand the votes against me. I think this is a little misleading. The original quote was this:
Epignosis wrote:As of this point, I'd say Wilgy, and if Wilgy is bad, gleam is with him after that wild speculation in defense of Wilgy.
He was speculating Wilgy, and if Wilgy flipped and was bad, the suspicions would turn on me for my defense of Wilgy's alignment.

He later went on to say that he thought my analysis of Wilgy was bum, which doesn't disagree with what's up here, and even furthermore that he suspects Wilgy of being good. None of this is really flip flopping, all he did was change his status on what he believed of Wilgy's alignment, and the rest logically follows. And thank goodness, because if Epi was acting illogically, the very nature of reality would unfold as we know it.

So, I don't suspect him of anything. I was worried about at the difference between this mafia and Pikmin, where he was much, much more aggressive and he was spearheading every discussion about certain characters. I think he made a valid explanation for his more deflated presence, especially considering the high tempers running in this game. I am not exempt from that accusation either. He is also hosting another mafia right now isn't he?
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@Epignosis, what do you think about Wilgy right now?

I won't be voting for him. I don't think it's a good idea to say why.
This is interesting. He kind of berated me earlier for asking the same thing, I assumed jokingly, but here it makes me think that he can't say why without role outing. If he were good for the whole game, like I thought, he probably would have known about Wilgy's identity to begin with.

So a couple things may have happened:

Maybe something about Wilgy's role changed, that Epi is privy to, and cannot divulge the information without role outing.
Maybe Epi knew about Wilgy's role to begin with and feigned suspicion to cover his position.

I still want to think that I'm reading Epignosis as town. So I'm going to go with the former. I'll have to look into when exactly his posts about Wilgy started to change and to see if they coincide with the night events. If the latter were true, it would say something a bit more insidious about Epi's position. But I'm still convinced about my Wilgy read so don't think that's likely to be the truth either, at least to me.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by RadicalFuzz »

RadicalFuzz is fishy. He is just staying in the sidelines asking people random questions and commenting on what is currently going on, but he hasn't actually posted any suspicions of his own. He is aware of what's going on, but is not actually participating. Feels like blending.
This is a fun change of pace, someone noticing that. I'm not a freeform writer, I need pinpricks of inquisition to get going, so what did you have in mind?

Matt are you concerned you're focusing too much on one interaction from Day 1? You've said very little else, and most of it was related to that interaction with Golden from Day 1.

Turnip if you don't know who to vote for then just vote for me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fuzz, any town and/or mafia reads?

Also any idea on who you intend to vote?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't like that Epignosis has 3 votes. I don't like it one bit :suspish:

Sloonei is supatowning, which means he's either one of our most valuable assets or an undercover cop :ponder: Only time will tell I suppose. He defended his Nerolunar read really well, but I don't like that he's criticizing Epignosis for not agreeing with his read, as if Nero's civvieness is obvious.

I don't really know who I want to vote for. I'm not a fan of any of the major wagons but don't have strong baddie reads on anyone.
I admit to probably having some bias around my Nero lead, but he just seems so strongly town to me. But But this does not dismiss my concern that Epi doesn't really believe on what he's saying about Nero.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Turnip if you don't know who to vote for then just vote for me.
Well that doesn't sound very productive. I'd like to use my vote to lynch someone to save Gleam, ika and Epignosis, I feel pretty good about all three of those dudes. Ika a little less so after I saw a post from someone (Luffy, I think) comparing his style here to a game he was bad, but I do find ika's style kind of fun and for some reason I get a cruel joy from watching Epi react to his typos. But who is worth lynching in their stead? That's my dilemma.

Is there a good reason I should vote for you, or is this some sort of sting operation? :mafia:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Turnip if you don't know who to vote for then just vote for me.
Well that doesn't sound very productive. I'd like to use my vote to lynch someone to save Gleam, ika and Epignosis, I feel pretty good about all three of those dudes. Ika a little less so after I saw a post from someone (Luffy, I think) comparing his style here to a game he was bad, but I do find ika's style kind of fun and for some reason I get a cruel joy from watching Epi react to his typos. But who is worth lynching in their stead? That's my dilemma.

Is there a good reason I should vote for you, or is this some sort of sting operation? :mafia:
How about DDL?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Serge wrote:@thellama73, is your vote for Luffy serious? If so, why?
Yes. I continue to interpret his comments about the difficulty cops have in arresting Dons as frustration about a personal win condition that is difficult to achieve.
Has anything else in his posts aftet that caught your eye in the same way?
Everything he says screams "cop." Every single post.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

How about DDL?
I've had a few minor pings on DDL (our Day 1 interaction, mostly) but at the same time I see him trying to figure things out. Tough read for me. You got something on him?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:RadicalFuzz
I support this action.
agleaminranks wrote:Silverwolf, I'm calling your bluff. I went back and examined the Wilgy case and I don't have anything stronger to go on there. I think my rationale will stand for itself. I have a long day of classes and I'm not 100% sure I can check in again before the deadline.

Silverwolf
Good Gleam... Now no one will ever suspect me :dark:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

How about DDL?
I've had a few minor pings on DDL (our Day 1 interaction, mostly) but at the same time I see him trying to figure things out. Tough read for me. You got something on him?
I've got exactly what you've got, which is why I've asked.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Matt is either playing from a high tightrope or is town. The risk/reward for his actions feels like high/medium if he's scum.
Sloonei is my strongest townread, as his posts have consistently made logical sense and he's avoided tunnelling on one player or interaction. It feels like he's trying to solve the game, and that's good.
You look town-y to me, for similar reasons to Sloonei. The difference is your tone reads as a little early to reach a conclusion, like you're content with finding enough facts to reach a conclusion at all, not necessarily the correct one.

Spirityo still has said next to nothing and we're a few hours out from Day 2 ending. His four posts consist of the following. A "linki - that's a good idea", one "I agree with Sloonei about the cultural differences between RYM & Syndicate", a greeting to everyone, and an apology for missing the vote. Absolutely zero content whatsoever.
Enrique I don't like because of his refusal to explain his vote on Day 1. That entire situation read as if he was nervous, if that makes sense, like he didn't have a reason at the time of his vote but decided he needed one.

I refuse to touch the Silverwolf/ika thing with a 39 & 1/2 foot pole. There's some logic to be found in interactions regarding them, but so much emotion that I'd probably end up stepping on someone's toes and they'd get mad at me for their decision to wear sandals.

My vote's going to be used to prevent a tie today. I'm indifferent as to where specifically it goes.

Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.

Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Yes. I continue to interpret his comments about the difficulty cops have in arresting Dons as frustration about a personal win condition that is difficult to achieve.
Such as?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

thellama73 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Replying as I catch up...

If you have time before EoD, I would love to hear more from you on this. I have no strong reads to vote for, so if I can find something more compelling than Matt I'd be all ears.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Matt is either playing from a high tightrope or is town. The risk/reward for his actions feels like high/medium if he's scum.
Sloonei is my strongest townread, as his posts have consistently made logical sense and he's avoided tunnelling on one player or interaction. It feels like he's trying to solve the game, and that's good.
You look town-y to me, for similar reasons to Sloonei. The difference is your tone reads as a little early to reach a conclusion, like you're content with finding enough facts to reach a conclusion at all, not necessarily the correct one.

Spirityo still has said next to nothing and we're a few hours out from Day 2 ending. His four posts consist of the following. A "linki - that's a good idea", one "I agree with Sloonei about the cultural differences between RYM & Syndicate", a greeting to everyone, and an apology for missing the vote. Absolutely zero content whatsoever.
Enrique I don't like because of his refusal to explain his vote on Day 1. That entire situation read as if he was nervous, if that makes sense, like he didn't have a reason at the time of his vote but decided he needed one.

I refuse to touch the Silverwolf/ika thing with a 39 & 1/2 foot pole. There's some logic to be found in interactions regarding them, but so much emotion that I'd probably end up stepping on someone's toes and they'd get mad at me for their decision to wear sandals.

My vote's going to be used to prevent a tie today. I'm indifferent as to where specifically it goes.

Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.

Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"

Oh yes, thank you for reminding me I wanted to look over Enrique's posts!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

RadicalFuzz wrote: Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
Sure.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The whole Golden vs Matt argument feels like a waste of time.

Just my two cents.
Steering. This is a big pattern I see in Luffy. He is very interested in pumping people for opinion, GTH reads, explanations, and speculations on mechanics. He is constantly trying to get conversation going on a variety of topics... but the topics are of his choosing. When people discuss something he hasn't steered them towards, he tries to kill it.

Here's another example, where he quickly dismissed my suspicion of him.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Not sure if serious or just llama.
Here's another example, where disucssion of the lynch wasn't going where he wanted it to, with people complaining about his leading them by the noses.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Seriously guys, not gonna deny I had some influence in that lynch, but why are half the people on it saying they voted because "DDL said so"? A little more independent thinking, please? And I didn't even vote for Diiny myself, for fuck's sake. Worse is that the two guys are apparently players who always get lynched as civs for doing stupid crap, so I'm like "how do I even deal with them"?
What I am seeing is a very manipulative game. He seems like a great participant, because he always gets discussion going, but he controls the direction of the discussion and squashes it when it displeases him.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

One thing I will say in defense to Llama's last point against DDL is that DDL has some right to have taken an issue with people blaming him for the Diiny bandwagon. Generally speaking I find it much more scummy for people to hop on a bandwagon than to start one, but the resulting suspicions always go the other way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I like reat of llama's case though and look forward to DDL's response.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

indiglo, I'm not entirely sure why you're putting a vote on me. Because I think it's weird that supatown MVP AWARDED GOLDEN doesn't have ANY suspects in a game where this is only ONE mafia?

Derp. Wait, sorry, he omgus'd me into a suspect. M'bad.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

"where there* is only one mafia"...

Fo real peeps. Let's get dat Golden!
Image Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My initial thought about Enrique was that his initial vote and total lack of an explanation were calculated moves to get reactions out of people for later scumhunting. But seeing as he's done nothing since then (for reasons he has explained, to be fair), I kind of have to change that hypothesis a little. He looks less good now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matt wrote:indiglo, I'm not entirely sure why you're putting a vote on me. Because I think it's weird that supatown MVP AWARDED GOLDEN doesn't have ANY suspects in a game where this is only ONE mafia?

Neither of these things are fair to say.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Re: [NIGHT 1] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by indiglo »

These were the 2 posts of Enrique's that stood out to me the most. They are 2 days apart (I included that info with the quote since it seems relevant to me) and it reads as someone who is 100% not involved or paying attention. If anyone who knows Enrique's meta can comment on that I welcome it, I guess I would tend to see someone like that as a non-entity, and a candidate for modkill at some point (since as of yet no replacement has been found), so perhaps a less immediate threat.

My question for anyone who knows his meta is: Is this a pattern with Enrique that may or may not relate to his role? I mean, I don't like reading RL things into mafia when it's beyond your control stuff.

by Enrique
Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Forum: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts
Topic: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts
Replies: 1378
Views: 5157
Enrique wrote:Err, Don, sorry.

I don't think you're having a go at me, I simply and I mean this sincerely hadn't been around till a couple hours ago, and still I'm sure I've contributed more than several other people in the game. The smileys I posted were probably like every single moment I even had signal yesterday. I'm also not grouping you with Diiny, you sorta just came up with that on your on.

But I'm here now and I may be a little swamped with work but I'll catch up any minute. :srsnod: :grin:

by Enrique
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Forum: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts
Topic: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts
Replies: 1378
Views: 5157
Enrique wrote:I'm so sorry, guys. I hate non-participators, but I simply don't have the time to catch up right now. I'm asking Daisy and MP to replace me, and also want to apologize for taking up a space in this awesome game I couldn't play. If they can't find a replacement and things calm down a bit on my end, then I'll make an effort to play this. I just have so much on my plate that kinda takes priority.

Linki... will post and read...

XOXO Epi Girl
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Totally forgot that this forum does night posting, only really had time to skim the thread. ika looks like a fine enough lynch target from my quick read through, with him buddying people, fluffing and refusing to give reasons for his suspicions. There are times when you hold back thoughts on a player but not when you're accusing them.

ika

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Soneji wrote:Totally forgot that this forum does night posting, only really had time to skim the thread. ika looks like a fine enough lynch target from my quick read through, with him buddying people, fluffing and refusing to give reasons for his suspicions. There are times when you hold back thoughts on a player but not when you're accusing them.

ika
If you're still here I'd love to hear some more of your thoughts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Replying as I catch up...
Matt wrote:indiglo, I'm not entirely sure why you're putting a vote on me. Because I think it's weird that supatown MVP AWARDED GOLDEN doesn't have ANY suspects in a game where this is only ONE mafia?

I ISO'd you, and then I ISO'd Golden. It was after ISOing Golden that I voted you. The reason why is that you seemed to have 0 interest in hearing any explanations from Golden about the behavior you thought suspect. It was your insistence at not thinking or listening that pinged me. Golden did not seem to OMGUS you at all, imo, but your reaction to him did not read genuine, and his did read genuine to me.

Unless you have some kind of info on Golden (which I don't see in any of the roles, but could be secret) I don't see how you can be 100% sure on him this early to the point where you don't want to discuss your suspicion of him with him or hear any reasoning or thoughtful reply.

Golden did not make you a suspect in my mind. Your replies to him did.

~linki~

XOXO Epi Girl
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

I love Epi but he's bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

What I mean is that I'm not suspecting him because of his play style, I'm suspecting him based on gut.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not know what anyone means when they refer to their gut. In the context of Mafia, that is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Llama I think that attempting to start discussion inherently requires choosing a topic, to some degree. Like writing a history book. There's so many things you could choose that bias is automatic since you can't choose everything. I definitely see what you're saying but I think the statement that literally everything he's been saying is coming from that perspective is pushing it.

Zebra it seems as if the multiple players that do suspect Epi suspect him based off of play style, of things or habits that are out of the ordinary, but you say you're not suspecting him because of play style. Do you disagree with their assessments?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Okey dokey, indiglo.

I've played a lot of games with Golden. He's a pretty spectacular hunter, if I may say so myself, but in this game...zilch.

My initial ping on him was the "quick reads" thing, then the omgus, and then he put a vote on me right when day started, hasn't said much since. Feels like he's layin' low cuz I know he's active in at least one other game.

Considering moving my vote to gleam. I have no idea if ika is good or bad, but he's new, and I feel like people are picking on him because of the aforementioned frolicking between himself and Silverwolf.

Linki - Hi Zeebs! We haven't sparred yet so far. What do you think of Supatown MVP Golden not having any suspects, omgusing me, then layin' low for the rest of the phase?
Image Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

thellama73 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The whole Golden vs Matt argument feels like a waste of time.

Just my two cents.
Steering. This is a big pattern I see in Luffy. He is very interested in pumping people for opinion, GTH reads, explanations, and speculations on mechanics. He is constantly trying to get conversation going on a variety of topics... but the topics are of his choosing. When people discuss something he hasn't steered them towards, he tries to kill it.

Here's another example, where he quickly dismissed my suspicion of him.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Not sure if serious or just llama.
Here's another example, where disucssion of the lynch wasn't going where he wanted it to, with people complaining about his leading them by the noses.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Seriously guys, not gonna deny I had some influence in that lynch, but why are half the people on it saying they voted because "DDL said so"? A little more independent thinking, please? And I didn't even vote for Diiny myself, for fuck's sake. Worse is that the two guys are apparently players who always get lynched as civs for doing stupid crap, so I'm like "how do I even deal with them"?
What I am seeing is a very manipulative game. He seems like a great participant, because he always gets discussion going, but he controls the direction of the discussion and squashes it when it displeases him.
Calling people out for what they are doing is one way I like to play the game. It means looking at the wagons, spotting possible malice and/or stupidity, and throwing it at people's faces. That also includes arguments that derail the thread, as it's not unheard of mafia engaging in those arguments to appear more contributive than they are.

I don't have the power or even the intent to control the discussion, but I can and will expose people who are discussing in useless or disingenuous ways. That's one way I believe I can be helpful in finding scum, even if indirectly.

Also I thought your suspicion for me wasn't serious because of mind-bogglingly specific and petty it was. You seem to have the bias that discussing game mechanics is bad, and I think you're letting that affect your judgment. This is the first time you actually call me out for something other than discussing game mechanics.

Tip: discussing game mechanics is not bad, and it's not something I intend to stop doing in this forum. Deal with it.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Llama I think that attempting to start discussion inherently requires choosing a topic, to some degree. Like writing a history book. There's so many things you could choose that bias is automatic since you can't choose everything. I definitely see what you're saying but I think the statement that literally everything he's been saying is coming from that perspective is pushing it.

Zebra it seems as if the multiple players that do suspect Epi suspect him based off of play style, of things or habits that are out of the ordinary, but you say you're not suspecting him because of play style. Do you disagree with their assessments?
I may not have been 100% serious with that statement. I have been known, on rare occasions, to hyperbolize.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tip: discussing game mechanics is not bad, and it's not something I intend to stop doing in this forum. Deal with it.
I am dealing with it just fine, by voting for you. Because you're a cop.

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Matt wrote:Okey dokey, indiglo.

I've played a lot of games with Golden. He's a pretty spectacular hunter, if I may say so myself, but in this game...zilch.

My initial ping on him was the "quick reads" thing, then the omgus, and then he put a vote on me right when day started, hasn't said much since. Feels like he's layin' low cuz I know he's active in at least one other game.

Considering moving my vote to gleam. I have no idea if ika is good or bad, but he's new, and I feel like people are picking on him because of the aforementioned frolicking between himself and Silverwolf.

Linki - Hi Zeebs! We haven't sparred yet so far. What do you think of Supatown MVP Golden not having any suspects, omgusing me, then layin' low for the rest of the phase?

Fair enough. Can you look at it from my perspective for a minute though - from where I stand it would be super easy for you to be making that up, or misrepresenting something he did or said. (Which it actually seems like you may even be misrepresenting/exaggerating what I said, since I never called anyone ever MVP SUPATOWN. Which only makes my impression of you all the stronger.)

That is where thoughtful discussion comes in. Golden seemed more open to that than you were in your discussion. And that still seems to be the case. Do I know Golden is not a cop? No. Do I know you aren't? No again. Help me, that's all I'm asking.

~linki~

XOXO Epi Girl

Return to “Previous Jobs”