It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Golden »

Silverwolf wrote:If ika flips town, I'm gonna lose a lot of motivation to play. I mean at this point serge coming in here and voting him for no reason is annoying enough, but I feel a lot of the reasoning on ika has to do with his overall playstyle and the fact that he plays differently, and that just looks like policy to me which is not a good way to welcome new players on the site. I'm very demoralized by this.
It isn't policy by any means, but I also don't think it's an unfair observation. We used to give newer players more time around here and get used to their playstyles. I don't feel like the votes on ika are smart votes.

Mind you, I don't know someone like serge either, and I'm not sure if they have played here much.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Silverwolf wrote:If ika flips town, I'm gonna lose a lot of motivation to play. I mean at this point serge coming in here and voting him for no reason is annoying enough, but I feel a lot of the reasoning on ika has to do with his overall playstyle and the fact that he plays differently, and that just looks like policy to me which is not a good way to welcome new players on the site. I'm very demoralized by this.
It's not a policy thing per se. People don't trust what they don't understand. And it's early in the game so people will vote for whatever stands out the most. It happens a lot, but I don't think anyone should take it personally. In the event that ika is lynched and does flip town, you can bet that people will remember it in future games.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

In fact - all five of the votes on ika are from people who are new here, that I have played 0 or one game with before.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden how is Gleam's behavior objectively baddie?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Turnip Head wrote:
It's not a policy thing per se. People don't trust what they don't understand. And it's early in the game so people will vote for whatever stands out the most. It happens a lot, but I don't think anyone should take it personally. In the event that ika is lynched and does flip town, you can bet that people will remember it in future games.
Well considering this is how i play regardless of alignment i don't think people will be taking it into much.

*shrugs*
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

I also don't like how gleam came in and voted me but quickly switched to ika with very convoluted reasoning. I feel like his suspicion on us only because we are voting for him.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

:|

Let me just say that my very first game -ever- I was night killed on the very first day. As the newbie. Everyone knew I was the newbie.
But that didn't seem to matter- they thought I was too flamboyant a personality for the town and so mafia killed me for how I played. It was frankly a shock, but I went back and kicked ass the next game. Sometimes you get killed for being different. I try not to take anything on forum mafia seriously.

It's nothing personal, and I feel like opting out of a game because your significant other gets voted out is something you should always consider when playing cohesively with another person you know.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:
Enrique wrote:ika are you a baddie?
I wish i was. i might have more fun then
I hope you don't die, ika. My biggest pet peeve with this community is our tendency to kill off newbies the first day of their first game.

WE DON'T KNOW THIS PERSON! THEIR BEHAVIOR MUST BE INDICATIVE OF BADDIENESS! SOMEHOW!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I understand exactly where you are coming from, but I also can't look past ika's behavior. Yes he is new and unfamiliar and is a factor on how I'm reading him, in ways that I am aware of and ways I am unaware of, but even with his newness taken into consideration, his behavior in this game reads very much like a player who is scum in my opinion. It is not a policify vote for a new player - only a small handful of players in this game aren't new to me. Ika is genuinely one of the most suspicious players in the game right now for reasons that I have discussed at length. None of the counterpoints against my points dissuade me enough to feel otherwise. It is nothing personal, and I hope to see both of you in more games in the future. :)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think its pretty telling that none of our regulars are voting ika... we are actually pretty good at giving interesting different play styles some rope.

Thats because lots of us also play in odd ways.

@TH - I'm I guess expressing my own view from where I'm up to (which is about page 15). I have found both suspect but I feel like with ika its his playstyle and with gleam it's more the actual content of the posts that I find bad, less the style. So, I guess I don't mean objective in an 'everyone should think so' sense, but objective more in the specific aspects of how gleam comes across as bad to me.

I haven't even got to a point where I understand why Epi is taking votes.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ika wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Well considering this is how i play regardless of alignment i don't think people will be taking it into much.

*shrugs*
I'm just saying, at least you won't get lynched for playing "your way" again if you flip town. That's my point, I don't think this is a policy thing. People are just paranoid and don't understand your approach to the game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:I think its pretty telling that none of our regulars are voting ika... we are actually pretty good at giving interesting different play styles some rope.

@TH - I'm I guess expressing my own view from where I'm up to (which is about page 15). I have found both suspect but I feel like with ika its his playstyle and with gleam it's more the actual content of the posts that I find bad, less the style. So, I guess I don't mean objective in an 'everyone should think so' sense, but objective more in the specific aspects of how gleam comes across as bad to me.

Okay, I understand that. What specific aspects of Gleam come across as bad to you?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I voted for Epi yesterday too.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

let it be known if gleam flips bad, I'm calling Serge as a teammate.

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
indiglo wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Depending on how SVS responds to my earilier questions, my vote today seems like it will be coming down to her, Epignosis, or ika.
I actually disagree with you on all 3 of these vote prospects. :haha: I haven't seen anything from SVS yet that reads scummy, Epi's response to my questions has satisfied me for now, and I won't be voting ika because I think it's mean.

I was actually leaning towards perhaps a Matt vote, but then he posted this:
Matt wrote:'Sides Golden, Quin is reading funny to me. Can't put my finger on it. Perhaps an ISO is in order! :daisy:
And actually Quin read funny to me too. I just ISO'd (oh man, it feels weird to type that and not say I did a Quin re-read) and something felt funny. He kind of jumped around from suspicion to suspicion, not really holding on to any of them, and deciding to change his vote when his previous suspicion didn't gain any traction. Quin, I'm not sure have a concrete question to ask you, but I'd like to hear anything you can provide as to your thinking or developing of suspicions.

Then as I think about it, I wonder if my weirdness meter is actually tweaked because you changed your vote so many times. And that all goes back to my old school ways - one vote and you're done for the day. And I gather that with changeable votes, it seems to be encouraged to move them as many times as you can, making your first few changes null and void. In that case, my not voting yet may look strange to someone used to changeable votes.

I did notice Quin mentioned Enrique, so I'm happy to check there to see if I see what Quin saw. Ah, there I do have my first concrete question for you - How are you feeling about Enrique now? And what changed/affected your mind?

I also think it's a little strange to see the Tranq NA (Night Arrest) and then immediately assume Scotty did it and is a cop, and try to push that idea. Maybe it seems a little opportunistic? Do you still believe that to be the case Quin? (That Scotty NA'd Tranq, that is.)

Planning to look over Golden's posts now to see if anything feels funny. Also cannot wait to see how much linki there will be...

Yep, tons. Will post then read.
I feel as though all of my votes thus far have been pretty well reasoned. With ika on Day 1, I made it clear that I found the initial vote for Silverwolf was suspicious, given the context of the whole traitor/don situation, but I did take Silverwolfs word for it that it was not atypical behaviour for him. My current vote is all about his tight-lippedness. Withholding information like this isn't a town-move.

I am not entirely sure how I think about Enrique, now. His actions in the thread were very fishy to me, from his vote to his justifications, but the way he responded to me when I questioned him felt good to me. I think if I ran out of options I'd return to him, but there are currently better candidates out there at the moment.

I do still have that suspicion for Scotty. People keep saying they disagree, but nobody is presenting any viable alternatives. I can't agree with things like 'too opportunistic' or 'too convenient'. There is a reason why Tranq was the target over somebody else, y'no? I've changed my vote from him on account of this, but I am still adamant on the fact that I believe him to be a good lynch. If you wonder why I'm voting ika instead of Scotty, I'd answer that it's because I don't support a gleam lynch, and I am sufficiently suspicious of ika to warrant hopping on a bandwagon. Well, since Sloonei jumped off I guess that means I'm leading it? :goofp:
Careful Quin, or I might name you my biggest suspicion heading into the next day.

We all know what happens when I name someone as my biggest suspicion...
You take me out to lunch and we talk about the weather?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:I think its pretty telling that none of our regulars are voting ika... we are actually pretty good at giving interesting different play styles some rope.

Okay, I understand that. What specific aspects of Gleam come across as bad to you?
Bearing in mind, again, that I'm addressing basically only things that happened up to, maybe, the nightkill or a bit before... the two things which stood out to me the most, and almost got me to vote gleam yesterday, was that I felt he made an attempt to link SVS and DDL as teammates that seemed transparently insincere and an attempt to discredit his current voters at that time (which they were), and then his vote for diiny did not look good to me.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by agleaminranks »

With regards to the new player thing, ika, it is frustrating. I have played a handful of mafia games here and at piano, it's tough to get integrated into a community that's had each other for a while. The Pikmin mafia I played most recently was the first game on this site where I wasn't lynched or nightkilled in the first voting period. Hence the very low post count for someone who has been here since 2013. And even so, this game is the first real mafia game I've gotten any sort of a platform whatsoever.

I get that frustration entirely. I was maddeningly frustrated for someone who just wanted to play a mafia game somewhere. But I think if you stick with the community it'll become more enticing.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
indiglo wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Depending on how SVS responds to my earilier questions, my vote today seems like it will be coming down to her, Epignosis, or ika.
I actually disagree with you on all 3 of these vote prospects. :haha: I haven't seen anything from SVS yet that reads scummy, Epi's response to my questions has satisfied me for now, and I won't be voting ika because I think it's mean.

I was actually leaning towards perhaps a Matt vote, but then he posted this:
Matt wrote:'Sides Golden, Quin is reading funny to me. Can't put my finger on it. Perhaps an ISO is in order! :daisy:
And actually Quin read funny to me too. I just ISO'd (oh man, it feels weird to type that and not say I did a Quin re-read) and something felt funny. He kind of jumped around from suspicion to suspicion, not really holding on to any of them, and deciding to change his vote when his previous suspicion didn't gain any traction. Quin, I'm not sure have a concrete question to ask you, but I'd like to hear anything you can provide as to your thinking or developing of suspicions.

Then as I think about it, I wonder if my weirdness meter is actually tweaked because you changed your vote so many times. And that all goes back to my old school ways - one vote and you're done for the day. And I gather that with changeable votes, it seems to be encouraged to move them as many times as you can, making your first few changes null and void. In that case, my not voting yet may look strange to someone used to changeable votes.

I did notice Quin mentioned Enrique, so I'm happy to check there to see if I see what Quin saw. Ah, there I do have my first concrete question for you - How are you feeling about Enrique now? And what changed/affected your mind?

I also think it's a little strange to see the Tranq NA (Night Arrest) and then immediately assume Scotty did it and is a cop, and try to push that idea. Maybe it seems a little opportunistic? Do you still believe that to be the case Quin? (That Scotty NA'd Tranq, that is.)

Planning to look over Golden's posts now to see if anything feels funny. Also cannot wait to see how much linki there will be...

Yep, tons. Will post then read.
I feel as though all of my votes thus far have been pretty well reasoned. With ika on Day 1, I made it clear that I found the initial vote for Silverwolf was suspicious, given the context of the whole traitor/don situation, but I did take Silverwolfs word for it that it was not atypical behaviour for him. My current vote is all about his tight-lippedness. Withholding information like this isn't a town-move.

I am not entirely sure how I think about Enrique, now. His actions in the thread were very fishy to me, from his vote to his justifications, but the way he responded to me when I questioned him felt good to me. I think if I ran out of options I'd return to him, but there are currently better candidates out there at the moment.

I do still have that suspicion for Scotty. People keep saying they disagree, but nobody is presenting any viable alternatives. I can't agree with things like 'too opportunistic' or 'too convenient'. There is a reason why Tranq was the target over somebody else, y'no? I've changed my vote from him on account of this, but I am still adamant on the fact that I believe him to be a good lynch. If you wonder why I'm voting ika instead of Scotty, I'd answer that it's because I don't support a gleam lynch, and I am sufficiently suspicious of ika to warrant hopping on a bandwagon. Well, since Sloonei jumped off I guess that means I'm leading it? :goofp:
Careful Quin, or I might name you my biggest suspicion heading into the next day.

We all know what happens when I name someone as my biggest suspicion...
You take me out to lunch and we talk about the weather?
As long as we're both drunk, there's always rain in the forecast. :beer:

agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Bearing in mind, again, that I'm addressing basically only things that happened up to, maybe, the nightkill or a bit before... the two things which stood out to me the most, and almost got me to vote gleam yesterday, was that I felt he made an attempt to link SVS and DDL as teammates that seemed transparently insincere and an attempt to discredit his current voters at that time (which they were), and then his vote for diiny did not look good to me.
Holy hell, are we still talking about this? I said that was sarcasm. Parody. It was in response to something I thought Luffy said was outlandish, so I said something equally outlandish in return. Oy vey. :disappoint:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Both the gleam and ika wagons are highly suspicious/dubious.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

agleaminranks wrote:With regards to the new player thing, ika, it is frustrating. I have played a handful of mafia games here and at piano, it's tough to get integrated into a community that's had each other for a while. The Pikmin mafia I played most recently was the first game on this site where I wasn't lynched or nightkilled in the first voting period. Hence the very low post count for someone who has been here since 2013. And even so, this game is the first real mafia game I've gotten any sort of a platform whatsoever.

I get that frustration entirely. I was maddeningly frustrated for someone who just wanted to play a mafia game somewhere. But I think if you stick with the community it'll become more enticing.
I agree.

Poor scotty and sig, I felt sorry for those two and it was often me sticking up for them in their early games, but they died early often. Now zebra is experiencing it. But I promise you this is a community of people that are more than just a community... here we are friends that really like each other. Even if you go down and you are town, stick with us... you'll see that people will come to love and understand your style and 'thats ika' will be the new 'thats marmot'.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

agleaminranks wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Holy hell, are we still talking about this? I said that was sarcasm. Parody. It was in response to something I thought Luffy said was outlandish, so I said something equally outlandish in return. Oy vey. :disappoint:
"Are we still talking about it?" - well, as far as I'm aware, it hasn't been talked about. Are you bearing in mind that I'm only addressing things that happened up to the nightkill? Or are you just trying to shut me down...
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

a2thezebra wrote:Fucking Xanatos.
Xanatos is awesome.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:With regards to the new player thing, ika, it is frustrating. I have played a handful of mafia games here and at piano, it's tough to get integrated into a community that's had each other for a while. The Pikmin mafia I played most recently was the first game on this site where I wasn't lynched or nightkilled in the first voting period. Hence the very low post count for someone who has been here since 2013. And even so, this game is the first real mafia game I've gotten any sort of a platform whatsoever.

I agree.

Poor scotty and sig, I felt sorry for those two and it was often me sticking up for them in their early games, but they died early often. Now zebra is experiencing it. But I promise you this is a community of people that are more than just a community... here we are friends that really like each other. Even if you go down and you are town, stick with us... you'll see that people will come to love and understand your style and 'thats ika' will be the new 'thats marmot'.
Totes. I think Golden is a rockin' fella besides the fact that he's def mafia this game. XD

Headin' out soon, won't be here for the lynch. Good luck town, I believe in you!
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Both the gleam and ika wagons are highly suspicious/dubious.
Hey, based on where I'm up to I still think both Matt and Wilgy wagons could be worthwhile.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gleam, tell me what you think of myself and Matt. Please.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've also been dying early in a lot of games here. Before R&B, which I just died in this morning, Bullets Over Broadway was the only game I'd survived past Night 2 on thr Syndicate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

I appreciate the words of support, but the fact that "we lynch new players because they play differently" is a style here, is not really that comforting to me.

A couple of people have given good enough reasons for voting him-sloonei and quin, but others have given bad or no reasoning and this is what is very annoying and depressing to me overall and no amount of "feel good" words are gonna help, when you guys are lynching him anyway despite saying these kind words.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Silverwolf wrote:I appreciate the words of support, but the fact that "we lynch new players because they play differently" is a style here, is not really that comforting to me.

A couple of people have given good enough reasons for voting him-sloonei and quin, but others have given bad or no reasoning and this is what is very annoying and depressing to me overall and no amount of "feel good" words are gonna help, when you guys are lynching him anyway despite saying these kind words.
The only thing I can do is cast my vote for a save. I think some baddies are in his lynch train, and kind words are not going to stop them preying on someone they think is an easy mark.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Silverwolf wrote:I appreciate the words of support, but the fact that "we lynch new players because they play differently" is a style here, is not really that comforting to me.

Most people lynching him aren't the same saying those words. There are 26 players in the game other than him and you, only 5 are voting for him.

And even if they are, some swear they have rational reasons for lynching him. It's not that black and white.
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Sloonei wrote:Gleam, tell me what you think of myself and Matt. Please.
I have a highly favorable opinion of you, Sloonei. My initial conception on day 1 I think was grasping at straws to come up with something against someone who had voted against me. You've been good at stirring discussion, calling people out on challenging ways of thinking, and you've been active and useful in formulating thought processes. You are a good civilian. And I love bearded dragons and am in love with your avatar.

Matt: slightly suspect. He started this Golden train early in the game and has been relentless in pursuing it, while at the same time saying stuff that's all over the board. Then he places a vote on me and then flips around again. He's been a little more talkative lately, but I read him as someone with an agenda. In my experience, it's too early for the good guys to have an agenda.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

How are ties determined in this game, by the way? It was a coin toss in Zodiac, so is that the norm or do we go to a double lynch?

I do understand that being lynched because people don't understand your play style can be infuriating, insulting, whatever you want to call it, but I don't think you should be taking it personally ika. What people on your old site might call 'classic ika', we're (well, those who are voting for you) currently seeing as scummy. For all we know, you could be lying to us! Rest assured nobody is bullying you. I'd expect nothing of the sort from a bunch of adults. It's all in the spirit of the game. We'll adapt to your play style, and you should adapt to ours.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I think it could work, your seriousness and Matt's joker demeanor could complete each other
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Does anyone who's played with Matt before want to comment on how this game fits into his meta? It's been a topic of some discussion, but not enough for me to assess it thoroughly
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
I think it could work, your seriousness and Matt's joker demeanor could complete each other
Why the sarcastic orange?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Do I come off as a serious person here? That's a first. :)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

agleaminranks wrote:
I have a highly favorable opinion of you, Sloonei. My initial conception on day 1 I think was grasping at straws to come up with something against someone who had voted against me. You've been good at stirring discussion, calling people out on challenging ways of thinking, and you've been active and useful in formulating thought processes. You are a good civilian. And I love bearded dragons and am in love with your avatar.

Matt: slightly suspect. He started this Golden train early in the game and has been relentless in pursuing it, while at the same time saying stuff that's all over the board. Then he places a vote on me and then flips around again. He's been a little more talkative lately, but I read him as someone with an agenda. In my experience, it's too early for the good guys to have an agenda.
What about Golden?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Why me? :suspish:
You don't seem as aggressive as usual. It's disconcerting.
People have been saying that about me for the past several months.
I would like to see some evidence for this. What recent mafia game did another player accuse you of being less aggressive?

Linki: Sloonei, I don't think you can use Rock and Bullwinkle as a reference point since it's still an ongoing game.
I really don't want to trudge through old games to find specific posts, but it's true.

There are multiple reasons I am not as aggressive as I was last year. In terms of time, I've been hosting for six months. I also have a new profitable hobby in fantasy NBA, which takes a great deal of time and research to stay profitable.

In terms of Mafia, though, I started trying to dial back as far back as Death Note, when I was almost certain FZ. was bad and would not relent in hunting her down. It was a terrible blow when I realized how much time and effort I wasted contributing to my own loss. That made me begin to reevaluate my approach.

One big thing for me recently was Lost Again, in which I couldn't imagine Bullzeye being bad and argued against his lynch. S~V~S successfully got him lynched and won us the game. If I had my way, we would have Lost. Again.

Another major reason I'll just mention, without going into it, is that our site is becoming too confrontational for some people, and I'm trying to make a conscious effort to avoid contributing to that. I know I'm not the only one.

If I get lynched because I'm not being aggressive, oh well.
I was wondering why you were getting votes then I read this post. Even with you saying you are trying to be less aggressive I still expect something else other then this.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Why the sarcastic orange?
Because I'm not serious.

Well maybe green would be better.
Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Do I come off as a serious person here? That's a first. :)
You are basically the civ captain in this game. Maybe you're not serious outside of the game, but here you are pretty rational and professional-like.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:Does anyone who's played with Matt before want to comment on how this game fits into his meta? It's been a topic of some discussion, but not enough for me to assess it thoroughly
Matt's town meta is to tunnel on an idea, no matter how fruitless it is. But recently, he's become aware of this, to the point that he did it deliberately to success (ie, being alive and winning his team the game) in the Game of Champions. Macdougall pointed out, in Arkham, that he had used this strategy and now saw this perception of him as something he could use.

Matt's tunneling on me is even more extreme than I am used to from civ Matt. Even tunnelly Matt usually engages in rational discussion. The sense I got from Matt is that he was specifically fishing for others to meta-defend him.

@DDL - oops, maybe I should have used sarcastic orange so you would get the joke...
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:@DDL - oops, maybe I should have used sarcastic orange so you would get the joke...
Sarcasm-ception.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This is true. Captain Sloonbeard means business, and business means Captain Sloonbeard.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Captain Seaweed, on the other hand ...
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Enrique »

I agree with this but I also seem to have missed the Epignosis one being a thing at all.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Does anyone who's played with Matt before want to comment on how this game fits into his meta? It's been a topic of some discussion, but not enough for me to assess it thoroughly
Matt's town meta is to tunnel on an idea, no matter how fruitless it is. But recently, he's become aware of this, to the point that he did it deliberately to success (ie, being alive and winning his team the game) in the Game of Champions. Macdougall pointed out, in Arkham, that he had used this strategy and now saw this perception of him as something he could use.

Matt's tunneling on me is even more extreme than I am used to from civ Matt. Even tunnelly Matt usually engages in rational discussion. The sense I got from Matt is that he was specifically fishing for others to meta-defend him.

@DDL - oops, maybe I should have used sarcastic orange so you would get the joke...
If this is the case then I'll probably need to see how he develops other reads later on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't like that Epignosis has 3 votes. I don't like it one bit :suspish:

Sloonei is supatowning, which means he's either one of our most valuable assets or an undercover cop :ponder: Only time will tell I suppose. He defended his Nerolunar read really well, but I don't like that he's criticizing Epignosis for not agreeing with his read, as if Nero's civvieness is obvious.

I don't really know who I want to vote for. I'm not a fan of any of the major wagons but don't have strong baddie reads on anyone.

That's surprising. You usually have more going on by now.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Enrique wrote:
I agree with this but I also seem to have missed the Epignosis one being a thing at all.
What is your current level of engagement with this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:Captain Seaweed, on the other hand ...
He ain't no captain, brother!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

I am reading, and laughing, and thinking. I need to log off permanently soon. (Not permanently as in, for the rest of my life, just permanently as in for the rest of the day.) And I don't like the Gleam or ika trains. I don't get the Epi train. I would like to vote to save ika (as a policy save), but not if that means voting for someone else whose train I don't understand. Know what I mean? But then again, I won't be here at EoD, so someone could override any save vote I were to try to make.

And hello Black Rock! I didn't realize you were playing! So you are not reading Epi as sincere?

Shocked! Shocked am I at the linki! :beer: You bunch of beautiful people, you!!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm starting to feel better about an Epi vote than ika. Ika's frustration about all the votes he's getting seems genuine.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”