Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [DAY 4] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I mean, assuming he is a cop too.
Are you getting at bussing rather than saving?
No, I'm getting at 4 cops screaming at him on Chatzy and telling him to shut up.

Or, if they are not assholes, at least giving him some tips, like "don't OMGUS all the time".
I've been hosting nonstop for six months. And I've hosted a little bit before that. It 's very rare that I see a coordinated team that uses their chat for you know...communication and shit. Most of the time, they pop in and maybe come up with Night actions or something, but most of the time, those chat rooms are dead. Not always, but most of the time.

Yes, if I were bad with sig, I be spanking sig and sending him to the corner, but not until after I nailed Fuzz to the cross for somehow getting himself lynched in the last 30 minutes of the day when he'd had like zero or no votes.

But Mafia don't use their chat as much as you would think they would.
That's a good point.

Death Note was one game where we really got our hands dirty in the mafia chatroom. Oh, and Recruitment as well. As a result, we won those games rather handily.

Aside from that, I don't recall being mafia and really making plans to put into effect in BTSC. I guess there was also a lot of that in World Reborn, but I wasn't actually mafia in that one.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

We had great planning in Dune...............oh wait no we didn't MY OWN TEAMMATES KILLED ME! :P
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:We had great planning in Dune...............oh wait no we didn't MY OWN TEAMMATES KILLED ME! :P
No, I'm pretty sure I tried to save you in that game, and it backfired. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:But when I think about why sig makes the posts he makes, so many of them appear to have specific motives to me. Like, I went through isoing sig and Quin. Quin's posts felt motive-less, neutral, like someone genuinely objecting to the Fuzz lynch because he didn't understand it. Sig's posts feel manipulative, intentionally designed around saving Fuzz or painting other people as targets, and not about understanding what was going on.
But that's normal sig. That's what he does. He has big ideas and he speaks his mind and it gets him in trouble. Don't you think Fuzz would have told him to cut it out? I know I would have. But you're acting like there's no way he could genuinely believe what he says.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:But when I think about why sig makes the posts he makes, so many of them appear to have specific motives to me. Like, I went through isoing sig and Quin. Quin's posts felt motive-less, neutral, like someone genuinely objecting to the Fuzz lynch because he didn't understand it. Sig's posts feel manipulative, intentionally designed around saving Fuzz or painting other people as targets, and not about understanding what was going on.
But that's normal sig. That's what he does. He has big ideas and he speaks his mind and it gets him in trouble. Don't you think Fuzz would have told him to cut it out? I know I would have. But you're acting like there's no way he could genuinely believe what he says.
I don't agree that this is what gets sig into trouble.

I've defended sig from the trouble he gets in on more than one occasion. It's usually a misplaced word that makes him look like he knows more than he does, or something along those lines. This didn't feel like that. It felt like he tried to throw something at the wall and it wouldn't stick.

Why are you so opposed to a sig lynch, TH? It seems like out of everyone, you've worked hardest to prevent it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Black Rock »

I'm voting Turnip Head. Some of you should try it out, see how it feels.

This is what you might call tunneling. I tunnel you TH.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I should clarify the sig thing even further... he takes heat often because people misunderstand him. He tries to show how something wasn't even what he meant, and I see what he says and I agree.

But when I say that sig actively tried to save Fuzz
And that he cast what appeared to be the deciding vote

These are not misunderstandings. He did these things.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm probably defending sig so hard because he's my teammate :shrug2: I think he's good Golden. I think you're wrong.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm probably defending sig so hard because he's my teammate :shrug2: I think he's good Golden. I think you're wrong.
But you have defended him so hard that you basically single handedly led a lynch on a civilian to save him. Why? And if not sig, who do YOU think is bad?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

hey everyone, guess what. i gotta poo again!

:D
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And, can't you see the argument that sig is almost surely going down and that lynching him might help us figure out a lot of things even if he is civ?

I mean... how long can someone survive in the game when they have done such objectively bad-looking things?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Golden wrote:And, can't you see the argument that sig is almost surely going down
Putting whether Sig is bad or not aside, I really hate this "inevitability" argument.

We don't necessarily have to lynch Sig. We can... never lynch him at all.

Turning the game into a checklist makes the job much easier for scum.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:And, can't you see the argument that sig is almost surely going down
Putting whether Sig is bad or not aside, I really hate this "inevitability" argument.

Ignoring objectively bad people makes the game easier for scum. The game devolves into discussion of that person day after day after day... and in the end they will always eventually be lynched. If sig is lynched and comes back town, the whole direction of the game changes. If he doesn't get lynched (as with yesterday) nothing changes. We are just in a holding pattern.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Reading through Sig's D1 posts I just ran into this:
sig wrote:I've got a negative gut read if Diiny, his playstyle is reminding me of West Wing on RYM when we where baddies. I don't like how much he is switching his opinion as DDL pointed out.
sig wrote:I switched my vote to diiny I've already given some reasons before, DDL made some good points and I've also got a bad gut read of him. He seems to be playing the same way he did in West Wing when we where mafia together.
Those posts were shady as fuck. I think they might fit with what Golden said about intention.

Danmit Sig you are not making this easy.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

Soneji

Been completely under the radar and barely posting, despite being here and reading thread. This needs a lot more pressure.

Would be willing to reconsider Gleam due to earlier comments I made plus gonna ISO some of my other null reads.

A sig lynch wouldn't be the worst thing but it would be purely for information because I don't think he's scum. However, anyone with this much suspicion on them day after day becomes a liability to the game overall.

I do agree with whoever said he was too scummy to be scum. I also agree keeping him around to endgame is a mistake.

Again, gonna ISO those null reads but Soneji should post more or die.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:And, can't you see the argument that sig is almost surely going down and that lynching him might help us figure out a lot of things even if he is civ?

I mean... how long can someone survive in the game when they have done such objectively bad-looking things?
I can see how you're forcing sig to have to be lynched. What will we figure out if he flips civ? Will you then go after the people who defended him to figure out their intentions too?
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm probably defending sig so hard because he's my teammate :shrug2: I think he's good Golden. I think you're wrong.
But you have defended him so hard that you basically single handedly led a lynch on a civilian to save him. Why? And if not sig, who do YOU think is bad?
I don't know if you realize how I play, but I defend players I feel good about. I'm pretty sure you do the exact same thing. In Death Note I defended FZ hard against Epi's crusade, I had no knowledge of her role. I defended Bubbles in Recruitment IV, even after the baddies saved her with a lynch switch to set her up the next day, I still fought for her, I had no knowledge of her role. These sorts of things come around often, and there's always someone saying "We have to lynch this person, it will help us figure things out" and I'll never accept that. But it almost always happens anyway because people can't move on until we do it.

You're asking me who I think is bad? lol I just led a lynch on a civilian. In hindsight my suspicion towards LC was probably based on how it seemed he was withholding his thoughts on sig et al while not opposing his lynch, and maybe he was just sharing those thoughts in civ BTSC instead. So idk, my confidence is shaken. Don't look to me for cases right now, I don't have any strong thoughts. I do agree with Silverwolf that the rest of the baddies are probably laying low after we blitzed Fuzz and I'm sure they're loving this sig detour if he's good.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika-What are your reads?

Specifically Soneji and sig-your thoughts?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I mean, I could back off easily enough. I could go 'hey, lots of people are defending sig... maybe they are doing it for good reason'

But will the paranoia go away? No... I'll just keep coming back to sig over and over.

@silverwolf - yeah, that middle sentence there is saying what I'm trying to express.

@TH - if they are 'loving a sig detour' so much, surely he just would have been a really easy lynch on day 3? Why is it such a hard fight to lynch someone who looks so objectively bad? Doesn't that speak to opposition from within btsc to you? I mean, I'll admit not all btsc here is bad, though.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

Ignoring objectively bad people makes the game easier for scum. The game devolves into discussion of that person day after day after day... and in the end they will always eventually be lynched. If sig is lynched and comes back town, the whole direction of the game changes. If he doesn't get lynched (as with yesterday) nothing changes. We are just in a holding pattern.
But it doesn't have to be that way. You are forcing the discussion to be funneled into sig, and then saying how it's inevitable because he's hogging the discussion. Why don't we give him free reign for a day and see if he helps us catch any baddies?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:
No, I'm getting at 4 cops screaming at him on Chatzy and telling him to shut up.

Or, if they are not assholes, at least giving him some tips, like "don't OMGUS all the time".
I've been hosting nonstop for six months. And I've hosted a little bit before that. It 's very rare that I see a coordinated team that uses their chat for you know...communication and shit. Most of the time, they pop in and maybe come up with Night actions or something, but most of the time, those chat rooms are dead. Not always, but most of the time.

Yes, if I were bad with sig, I be spanking sig and sending him to the corner, but not until after I nailed Fuzz to the cross for somehow getting himself lynched in the last 30 minutes of the day when he'd had like zero or no votes.

That's a good point.

Death Note was one game where we really got our hands dirty in the mafia chatroom. Oh, and Recruitment as well. As a result, we won those games rather handily.

Aside from that, I don't recall being mafia and really making plans to put into effect in BTSC. I guess there was also a lot of that in World Reborn, but I wasn't actually mafia in that one.
Another thing I've seen is that, even if there is communication, members will sometimes do their own thing anyway. Some people just don't give a fuck. Take that for what you will.

Bitches, if you are on a team with me, get your shot together. :srsnod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

But it doesn't have to be that way. You are forcing the discussion to be funneled into sig, and then saying how it's inevitable because he's hogging the discussion. Why don't we give him free reign for a day and see if he helps us catch any baddies?
It's inevitable because he SAVED FUZZ. He cast the vote to put ika ahead.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:

That's a good point.

Another thing I've seen is that, even if there is communication, members will sometimes do their own thing anyway. Some people just don't give a fuck. Take that for what you will.

God damn son of a bitch. :disappoint:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@TH:

Arguably the only day we haven't given him free reign was Day 3. On Day 1/2 he was receiving no heat.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:I mean, I could back off easily enough. I could go 'hey, lots of people are defending sig... maybe they are doing it for good reason'

But will the paranoia go away? No... I'll just keep coming back to sig over and over.

@silverwolf - yeah, that middle sentence there is saying what I'm trying to express.

@TH - if they are 'loving a sig detour' so much, surely he just would have been a really easy lynch on day 3? Why is it such a hard fight to lynch someone who looks so objectively bad? Doesn't that speak to opposition from within btsc to you? I mean, I'll admit not all btsc here is bad, though.
A civ got lynched Day 3 so I don't understand your points :shrug: If sig is good, the baddies got the day off.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:I mean, I could back off easily enough. I could go 'hey, lots of people are defending sig... maybe they are doing it for good reason'

A civ got lynched Day 3 so I don't understand your points :shrug: If sig is good, the baddies got the day off.
It's no easier lynching sig today.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@TH:

Arguably the only day we haven't given him free reign was Day 3. On Day 1/2 he was receiving no heat.
What's your point? You're basically making my point. Did you understand my point?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@TH:

What's your point? You're basically making my point. Did you understand my point?
Your point is that if we leave Sig alone he might be able to play properly and prove himself.

My point is that he was left alone for 2 days and that didn't help his case at all.

I don't like the idea of giving him more time either. Either we lynch him now, or we leave him alone. 4 days should be enough time for anyone to prove themselves.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

It's no easier lynching sig today.
And you think that's because the mafia is resisting it?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:I'm voting Turnip Head. Some of you should try it out, see how it feels.

This is what you might call tunneling. I tunnel you TH.
Alright, I'm in.

Turnip Head

It feels good. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean, we COULD also lynch someone before Sig if we find someone more suspicious, but leaving him alone just so he can prove himself seems counter-productive.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't like the idea of giving him more time either. Either we lynch him now, or we leave him alone. 4 days should be enough time for anyone to prove themselves.
What an unnecessary ultimatum. How have you proved yourself in 4 Days? Should we make a decision about you right now?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head

Yeah it does feel good.

Brb reading the rest of Sig's posts.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:rolleyes:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:

That's a good point.

I'm certainly prone to that, if there's no attempted coordination. :P But I've never been on your mafia team. Hopefully that can be resolved someday.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TH I would say the only interpretation I can take is you are basically role claiming for yourself and sig.

I just have to figure out if I believe it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't like the idea of giving him more time either. Either we lynch him now, or we leave him alone. 4 days should be enough time for anyone to prove themselves.
What an unnecessary ultimatum. How have you proved yourself in 4 Days? Should we make a decision about you right now?
You should try to make a read on me, yes. Which you can also change later on.

What you should not do is refuse to lynch me even if you think I'm scummy just so I can prove myself later.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote: :rolleyes:
What was I thinking? I should have done this ages ago.

Oh wait...

:P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have been on Epi's baddie team. We kicked ass.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

New train of thought: Nerolunar should be lynched. Go.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:I have been on Epi's baddie team. We kicked ass.
Did we have our shit together or did we have our shit together?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:ika-What are your reads?

Specifically Soneji and sig-your thoughts?
both tof them are scum reads. i havent sorted too many cus there has been a lot fo inactivity but i do agree with the idea that there is porbally scum in the lurk fest

sig
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:New train of thought: Nerolunar should be lynched. Go.
You're awfully focused on him. Is there anything else on your mind?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:I have been on Epi's baddie team. We kicked ass.
We did. Never had so fun being lynched.

(and guess who was bussing me)

(yes I made that pun)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I do like the idea of looking at quieter players for scum reads. Silverwolf is right to look in that direction. Of the players I feel are quiet (I'm excluding Boomslang and Draconus for now), I'd call soneji worse-looking than chaindeath or serge.

I still also think it could be reasonable to look at Fuzz's ika vote on day two as a gleam save, and I think lynching gleam could be really useful.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

My vote will be going to Draconus and It will not move. I do not recommend anybody follow suit.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:My vote will be going to Draconus and It will not move. I do not recommend anybody follow suit.
I recommend you hold your horses and vote Turnip Head instead.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote:My vote will be going to Draconus and It will not move. I do not recommend anybody follow suit.
Well, unless you scum-read him. But from what I've seen in the thread that's...nobody.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have to say, it's Soneji is probably not bullshitting when he says he is not caught up.

He's been had problems being active in games for a very long time. Specially in the Syndicate.

That sad, I suck at reading his alignment, so I'm not gonna say I don't suspect him either. But I really want to see him catching up so I feel bad about lynching him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:New train of thought: Nerolunar should be lynched. Go.
You're awfully focused on him. Is there anything else on your mind?
Yes, but nothing game related. I'm hoping I win money tonight after a shitty weekend. :disappoint:

But hell yeah I'm awfully focused on him.

Nerolunar was in third place after sig and LC. LC was good. I suspect sig too, but I figure he's going to get enough today without my help. There's more than two cops, and I still think Nerolunar is one of them. I want to know why the thread went nuts for LC out of nowhere (in terms of a 48 hour day), but Nerolunar got no added votes.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Draconus is not a bad vote. Replaced in, hasn't posted.

Soneji has been here reading the thread though so even if he's busy, he's not doing anything.

Return to “Previous Jobs”