Total votes: 20
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [DAY 6] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all, let's not forget about the Mod on Duty function, and be sure that we avoid making this game unnecessarily personal or emotionally heated for each other.

Mafia is a game of deception, strategy, and emotion, so tensions rise. Nonetheless, if you feel you've been unfairly attacked, then please seek to vent and/or resolve the conflict by PMing our lovely tentacled Mod. If it really becomes a major issue which you cannot resolve with the Mod, then I will get involved, but I'd rather not things reach that stage to begin with. If any of you ever have questions on the MoD function, don't hesitate to let Blooper, me, or Daisy know.

Thanks folks! We hope you're enjoying the game. :beer:
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Epignosis

I plan on responding further to what he said but I'm gonna calm down first. However, he's scum.
If I'm bad, what am I doing? Saving ika? Saving Draconus? Please tell me what I would have to gain in engaging you at all. I don't know you from Eve.

If ika is a 7/10, and you voted Draconus instead of him, and now you're voting me over Draconus, that means I'm like a...nine or ten? All because I questioned your ability to judge ika?

Why are you getting worked up that I'm questioning your ability to read your significant other? Is that not fair game? Should I accept your read as gospel and pounce? I daresay you've been less charitable toward people who voted for more reason than that.
your discreditng her reads and invalidating her thoguths on me and how she is able to read me. so yes you are trying to save me when i can fend myself tyvm
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

I'm logging out for the rest of the night.

I have always read ika right, I believe Epi is trying to discredit, demean, and belittle us and he's been doing it for awhile.

I believe this is scum, but I doubt anyone will listen as every single thing I've said this day phase has been scrutinized, I understand that's necessary but I'd like to at least be heard and right now it's like beating my head against a wall.

linki-no I have not played with sig before but I recognize easy lynchbait for scum when I see it
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:I too am going to take a break. Because I have children and Smash Brothers tournaments around here are a thing. :srsnod:
Kick their butts for me. :feb:
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Uh. Epi is a nice fellow who is playing Mafia.

I think it's time to utilize the mod on duty.
trust me im being tame to what i would be saying atm.

if i needed ot go into cap lock mode (hint if it was allowed i would eb already) i will go talk to mod
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Night guys, this has gotten too... I dunno,lol, for me.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

i belive that if things are being heated (as they seem to be getting right now) that it should be monitored, i dont think anyone really got into a personal territory overall. If it did reach that for me or silver we would be telling the ohter in here ot go talkt o mod on duty, we both know our limits on it.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

S~V~S wrote:Night guys, this has gotten too... I dunno,lol, for me.
Yeah.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Question for you: How many times has ika fooled you as Mafia? How many times have you fooled ika?
I often answer questions directed at me and return questions back at the person questioning me as scum. Just sayin' :p

In any case, I have not played in a game where ika is scum. We did have a scum hydra together where we won and I'd say I got a look at his scum meta there and in games I have read or things he has told me as well.

As scum, he can usually catch me but he has a hard time lynching me. I've gone up against him at least 3 or 4 times. The one time I technically say I fooled him, he didn't figure it out until late game when it was too late.
You're telling me that you have just as much experience of ika being bad as S~V~S and thellama73 do. :|
And this has any relveance how? i didnt even read the link you gave but even trying a discred it already gonna make me ripa new one
I don't understand this. Silverwolf says you're bad, and I question her ability to read you, and you come at me?

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:i belive that if things are being heated (as they seem to be getting right now) that it should be monitored, i dont think anyone really got into a personal territory overall. If it did reach that for me or silver we would be telling the ohter in here ot go talkt o mod on duty, we both know our limits on it.
I don't remind the thread in order to single everyone out, rather, as a precaution for folks to make sure they remember to utilize the function if anyone reaches that point; I've seen and participated in too many instances where that was not the case.

So if you feel as though you or SW have been called out by my announcement, it was the furthest from my intention to do so. No one's pointing fingers or questioning judgment here; I just want to make that abundantly clear.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:i belive that if things are being heated (as they seem to be getting right now) that it should be monitored, i dont think anyone really got into a personal territory overall. If it did reach that for me or silver we would be telling the ohter in here ot go talkt o mod on duty, we both know our limits on it.
I don't remind the thread in order to single everyone out, rather, as a precaution for folks to make sure they remember to utilize the function if anyone reaches that point; I've seen and participated in too many instances where that was not the case.

So if you feel as though you or SW have been called out by my announcement, it was the furthest from my intention to do so. No one's pointing fingers or questioning judgment here; I just want to make that abundantly clear.
no im not saying you singled anyone, im jsut making a general statement as well and how i look at it entriely from my experince and how i play/mod

your fine
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
I don't understand this. Silverwolf says you're bad, and I question her ability to read you, and you come at me?
Your not ment to understand, your ment to eat rope.

When anyone discredit her ability to read em i will retaliate no matter what. she knows me better then i probally knwo myself so yes i am goign to go at you
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This proves to me that Silverwolf has no credibility in reading you. She abandoned you for Draconus and now me. If you are bad, she can't read you.

Q.E.D. :llama:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

ika wrote:sig if you wan to work with anyone help us vote epi off
Nah I'm lurking shhhhhhhh :ninja:

Plus I can't really read Epi at all. For the time I see nothing scummy about him at all. :shrug:

Q.E.D.?
ImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

When anyone discredit her ability to read em i will retaliate no matter what. she knows me better then i probally knwo myself so yes i am goign to go at you
Does she know your alignment in this Mafia game better than you know it?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:This proves to me that Silverwolf has no credibility in reading you. She abandoned you for Draconus and now me. If you are bad, she can't read you.

Yeah,this.

And Jackie Chan meme is best meme :D
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:This proves to me that Silverwolf has no credibility in reading you. She abandoned you for Draconus and now me. If you are bad, she can't read you.

It doesnt prove shit. I mena i already poitned out that your town read on me is based on bad reasons. SIlver knwos me better. she would knwo that i would not hesitate ot bus either. She has full credibilty to ready me. your continued discredit is very compelling and showing the true side of you
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

S~V~S wrote:

Yeah,this.

not this at all. want to knwo a pro tip about my meta? im a heavy busser and silver knwos that i will vote with her even if its a scum buddy so if she thinks its scum and i were to eb scum, its a moot point to try to devine that.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

ika wrote:

It doesnt prove shit. I mena i already poitned out that your town read on me is based on bad reasons. SIlver knwos me better. she would knwo that i would not hesitate ot bus either. She has full credibilty to ready me. your continued discredit is very compelling and showing the true side of you
What does Epignosis stand to gain, as a bad guy, by discrediting Silverwolf on her baddie read of you? He is protecting you from her.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Here's my issue:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Outside of ika and draconus, others I'd like to look at are Soneji, Boomslang, Serge, chaindeath, nerolunar, and Epi again now with all the discrediting going on here.

Everyone else I have a solid townread on.
I question your experience with your boyfriend, find out it's worth questioning, you backpedal on your initial response, and now I'm bad.

:rolleyes:
Yeah no. There is no town reason to discredit me like this. You are bad.
Oh no ma'am. Don't stir this pot. I am not bad and I have every right to question your "experience." I will not accept "Silverwolf says ika is bad, so he's bad."

I have played countless games with my spouse, and I was right every time about her except once. She burned me good in Harry Potter. I defended her ass while she was out playing with the kids. Ask Turnip Head. It was bad. That was enough for me to back of my own experience with her and realize that she is a dynamic person capable of fooling me.

So no. "We talked about his meta" and "I was bad with him once" is not good enough for me. You are not an expert on ika's "meta" or whatever it is you want to call it.

If you can muster the support to lynch ika, I won't stand in the way. I'm not a cop. I don't know if he is or not. I don't think he is because of the Day 2 lynch and the apparent fact that he had extra votes.

But you are not an expert on his game. Get married and live in the same house for 10 years and then play Mafia together many many times when you are on the same team and not on the same team. Then we can talk.
This is talking about my personal relationship with ika and is a discredit tactic.
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Outside of ika and draconus, others I'd like to look at are Soneji, Boomslang, Serge, chaindeath, nerolunar, and Epi again now with all the discrediting going on here.

Everyone else I have a solid townread on.
I question your experience with your boyfriend, find out it's worth questioning, you backpedal on your initial response, and now I'm bad.

:rolleyes:
Again, mentions my personal relationship with ika to not only discredit me but to try to subtly hint I'm bad by using the word backpedal-you'll notice he's not saying it outright but implying it.
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Question for you: How many times has ika fooled you as Mafia? How many times have you fooled ika?
I often answer questions directed at me and return questions back at the person questioning me as scum. Just sayin' :p

In any case, I have not played in a game where ika is scum. We did have a scum hydra together where we won and I'd say I got a look at his scum meta there and in games I have read or things he has told me as well.

As scum, he can usually catch me but he has a hard time lynching me. I've gone up against him at least 3 or 4 times. The one time I technically say I fooled him, he didn't figure it out until late game when it was too late.
You're telling me that you have just as much experience of ika being bad as S~V~S and thellama73 do. :|
No, I did not say that at all did I? I've played for a long time with ika on MS. I've talked to him at length about his scum meta and have played in a scum game with him in a hydra and have watched many games he's played as scum. He's played with me in several as well-he modded a game I was scum in and played against me at least 3 times that I remember maybe 4.

So, don't even try to discredit my ika read. I most definitely am concerned about him this game as some of the things he's doing are classic scum while others are more town-like. Clearly, I'm torn but I know his scum game.

Your discrediting of me on this is noted. If ika is scum, they should look at you next since you've been discrediting me all this day phase.
I asked you a question. You said:

"In any case, I have not played in a game where ika is scum. We did have a scum hydra together where we won and I'd say I got a look at his scum meta there and in games I have read or things he has told me as well."

That's what you told me.

I pointed out that you have the same experience with him that S~V~S (his teammate) and llama (his host) do.

Now you say:

"No, I did not say that at all did I? I've played for a long time with ika on MS. I've talked to him at length about his scum meta and have played in a scum game with him in a hydra and have watched many games he's played as scum. He's played with me in several as well-he modded a game I was scum in and played against me at least 3 times that I remember maybe 4."

That's adding to what you told me in your initial answer (although I don't think talking "to him at length about his scum meta" is worth merit). You didn't say, "I've watched many games he's played as scum" when I first asked you about your experience. You're adding to what you said initially and making it sound like I'm trying to discredit you.

So go ahead and note that if you want. I'll wait while you sharpen your pencil.
This is another discredit job.
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

And another one.
Epignosis wrote:Silverwolf and ika both voting together now. Cute.

I'm going to bed.
And this.

Newest discredit job. I can read him fine. There's more than one scum in this game.
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Another one.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I am jackiechanning so much right now. This has been a baffling hour of Mafia.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Does she know your alignment in this Mafia game better than you know it?
Could be. 9 times out of 10 when we sign for a game we have a dicssuions about the roles cus im more used to role madness while shes starting to adapt to it.

i knwo once she gets her bearing she will have a better sense of the gamestate then i could ever imagine
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

quod erat demonstrandum

It means your proof is completed, you have proven your point. It's from geometry proofs,I don;t recall the exact meaning.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

You want to know what I see in Epi's post. Wanting to discredit my ability to read ika and also try to turn things around on me in a way to discredit all my reads in this game. He's not voting me. He's not calling me scum. He's just trying to discredit everything I do and try to keep the focus on me and off of my reads.

It's scum 101.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:

What does Epignosis stand to gain, as a bad guy, by discrediting Silverwolf on her baddie read of you? He is protecting you from her.
PIssing me and silver off. When he is using persoanl relationship reasons to discredt it (as silver jsut pointed out with his post) i will have a problem regardless of my alginemt
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:You want to know what I see in Epi's post. Wanting to discredit my ability to read ika and also try to turn things around on me in a way to discredit all my reads in this game. He's not voting me. He's not calling me scum. He's just trying to discredit everything I do and try to keep the focus on me and off of my reads.

It's scum 101.
^that. epi is doign no scum hunting and instead is discrediting her own reads. wrong or not he gets nothign form it and she knwos me etter so for himt o act like he does know me better then her is irrtating

nobody knows me better then silver
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika-I'm done with this game.

Just an FYI if you want to keep fighting a losing battle.

I'm seriously not wasting my time anymore.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK. all I have to say here is that if you (or anyone) does not want their personal relationship used against them, they should stop discussing it themselves as being relevant to an internet party game. People may or may not be discussing your reads on each other mainly becasue you are using it as a point of reference. If you don;t want it to be relevant,stop making it relevant.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:ika-I'm done with this game.

ill fight to the bitter end on this. you know me as well as anyone, you know me better then any perosn can ever say
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

You know nothing about Epignosis. Nothing. He has this effect on people are new to him. It happened to me too.

I understand your perspective of him. I think you're wrong, primarily because I understand exactly why he did everything from a town point of view. I share it with him.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

ika wrote:

ill fight to the bitter end on this. you know me as well as anyone, you know me better then any perosn can ever say
You've pretty much told us all you're a baddie today, so there's that at least. You literally won't allow anyone to even question that notion. It's remarkable.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

S~V~S wrote:

quod erat demonstrandum

It means your proof is completed, you have proven your point. It's from geometry proofs,I don;t recall the exact meaning.
Thanks SVS, much appreciated. :beer:
ImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Tonight I go to sleep a very confused man or woman.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:@ Quin, I'm glad you're reading me as town now, or that you at least say you're reading me as town. You listed Black Rock, ika, Serge, and Nerolunar as scum in the GTH exercise. I'd like to hear more on those 4 names. If you had to rank them from most to least suspicious, how would that look?

Also why is Scotty listed as Town if you're voting for him right now?

I listed Scotty as town? That was most definitely a mistake.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@ Quin, I'm glad you're reading me as town now, or that you at least say you're reading me as town. You listed Black Rock, ika, Serge, and Nerolunar as scum in the GTH exercise. I'd like to hear more on those 4 names. If you had to rank them from most to least suspicious, how would that look?

Also why is Scotty listed as Town if you're voting for him right now?

I listed Scotty as town? That was most definitely a mistake.
To answer the question, though,

Scotty, Nero, ika, Black Rock, Serge.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

S~V~S wrote:

Yeah,this.

No, not this.

I have read ika 100% correctly in every game we've played. He draws town far more often on ms.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My controller ran out of batteries during sudden death. I blame Simon. :evileye:
ika wrote:

I don't have a "town read" on you though. :confused:
ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Yeah,this.

not this at all. want to knwo a pro tip about my meta? im a heavy busser and silver knwos that i will vote with her even if its a scum buddy so if she thinks its scum and i were to eb scum, its a moot point to try to devine that.
ika, if everyone knows what you do when you are bad, then shouldn't you...you know...vary it up?

Silverwolf wrote:You want to know what I see in Epi's post. Wanting to discredit my ability to read ika and also try to turn things around on me in a way to discredit all my reads in this game. He's not voting me. He's not calling me scum. He's just trying to discredit everything I do and try to keep the focus on me and off of my reads.

It's scum 101.
I don't see why I have to think you're bad to think you're wrong.
ika wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:

PIssing me and silver off. When he is using persoanl relationship reasons to discredt it (as silver jsut pointed out with his post) i will have a problem regardless of my alginemt
No. The moment someone comes in and says she can read someone well because of their relationship is the moment she invites scrutiny on that claim. Well, she's being scrutinized. If you don't want your relationship called into question, don't make it part of the game.

I still don't get your beef with it. Jesus. I never said you guys didn't love each other. :huh:

Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Yeah,this.

No, not this.

I have read ika 100% correctly in every game we've played. He draws town far more often on ms.
And this tells me you're prone to recency bias as well.

Is ika bad or not?

Why or why not?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:

You know nothing about Epignosis. Nothing. He has this effect on people are new to him. It happened to me too.

I understand your perspective of him. I think you're wrong, primarily because I understand exactly why he did everything from a town point of view. I share it with him.
No. This is very similar to how several people i have played with act. this is nothing new at all. Its very much how he goes about it.

I have people who are unreadable to me, but silver have been able ot read those people before time and again. so i find this to be nothign new to me or her
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Yeah,this.

No, not this.

Is ika bad or not?

Why or why not?
I've answered this repeatedly. Check my ISO. If you have specific questions, ask. I'm not gonna repeat myself over and over again. Yes, I think he's scum. No, I'm not 100% on this. Yes, I know his meta. I've detailed it all in previous posts.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

I realize this site has a mod on duty function, but if we don't get in these heated battles, it's not nearly as easy to read a person. I agree with no personal attacks or insults but there is no reason we can't have these types of discussions because it does make it easier to not only get a read but for others reading it to get one as well.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:My controller ran out of batteries during sudden death. I blame Simon. :evileye:
ika wrote:

I don't have a "town read" on you though. :confused:

so your scum reading me? then you should have no problem voting me
ika wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Yeah,this.

ika, if everyone knows what you do when you are bad, then shouldn't you...you know...vary it up?

not really, i change some here and there form time to time but most times i enjoy people knowing my metas so i can challange it

It's scum 101.
I don't see why I have to think you're bad to think you're wrong.

its the discredintg on it is the thing, there is 0 town motivation ebhind it. you can easly jsut say "i think hes town so i disagree"
ika wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:

No. The moment someone comes in and says she can read someone well because of their relationship is the moment she invites scrutiny on that claim. Well, she's being scrutinized. If you don't want your relationship called into question, don't make it part of the game.

I still don't get your beef with it. Jesus. I never said you guys didn't love each other. :huh:

my beef is that the reason we can read is more then jsut the relationsship, its our histroy, out metas, our very playstelys and how we interact. when you narrow it to the relatipnship itself we get pissed. you could of mention the interactions, the plays we have made, hell most of what we have actualy said it more meta based then relationship based so.....
Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Yeah,this.

No, not this.

Is ika bad or not?

Why or why not?
ill let silver answer
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

i didnt want to strip quote so answers in yellow im sick of the cile ebing made.

draconus or epi are my votes today
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf wrote:I realize this site has a mod on duty function, but if we don't get in these heated battles, it's not nearly as easy to read a person. I agree with no personal attacks or insults but there is no reason we can't have these types of discussions because it does make it easier to not only get a read but for others reading it to get one as well.
I absolutely approve of this. :clap:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:

If they are buddies, he has everything to gain from it.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:I realize this site has a mod on duty function, but if we don't get in these heated battles, it's not nearly as easy to read a person. I agree with no personal attacks or insults but there is no reason we can't have these types of discussions because it does make it easier to not only get a read but for others reading it to get one as well.
This is mostly the point i was makign when SF made his announcement. This is mafia so heat will be brought and should be taken, i tend to use this kind of dicussions myself to get reads. I dont get personal unless someone else starts it, i see on this site i wont be happened so i wont. if it ever got to that poitn for me i would leave the game for a bit. silver has taught me to do that when i get upset
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Especially over the internet, it can be difficult to detect someone's tone and level of intensity with regards to emotional content, hence the need for the function, whether for venting or arbitration.

Nonetheless, if you are not upset, then that's great. :beer: If you (or anyone else, for that matter) ever gets upset to that degree, well, just know that the function is there for you.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

ika, would you rather get lynched to prove SW right than survive?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:

That's fine. The fact that people are agreeing with it is supremely frustrating to me. I know ika and have experience with him and it's really, really annoying when people who don't know either of us say I don't.

ika will always defend me, I'm not even gonna read into that, I'm just saying it's really frustrating to be said I don't know someone and how they play when I absolutely do.

Sorry for saying I don't want to play with you Epi-that was out of line.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
This is mostly the point i was makign when SF made his announcement. This is mafia so heat will be brought and should be taken, i tend to use this kind of dicussions myself to get reads. I dont get personal unless someone else starts it, i see on this site i wont be happened so i wont. if it ever got to that poitn for me i would leave the game for a bit. silver has taught me to do that when i get upset
Counting to 5 and leaving the game thread when you get upset is definitely an excellent habit to develop.

Return to “Previous Jobs”