Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I don't know what the hell is going on with ika. What are we going to do with this guy? Talk to me, people.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:A quick iso of sig does leave him IAWY teammate compatible for sure. I can at least see why people would genuinely be suspicious of him.
I need to dig deeper, but yeah, based on what I recall and what Scotty pulled up, I agree. I just think it's more likely we're seeing town sig defending the wrong player than a sloppy defense from a mafia sig.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:A quick iso of sig does leave him IAWY teammate compatible for sure. I can at least see why people would genuinely be suspicious of him.
I need to dig deeper, but yeah, based on what I recall and what Scotty pulled up, I agree. I just think it's more likely we're seeing town sig defending the wrong player than a sloppy defense from a mafia sig.
I think so - I just really skim read his iso but it made me feel pretty good about sig/zebra not being a team, and about my sig town read. There is a lot in there that really genuinely feels like he is trying to solve and open to other perspectives.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Who would you feel better not having to have their game approach around tomorrow MP - Wilgy or zebra? Who do you think is doing more harm to town chances?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Same question to anyone really.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I think so - I just really skim read his iso but it made me feel pretty good about sig/zebra not being a team, and about my sig town read. There is a lot in there that really genuinely feels like he is trying to solve and open to other perspectives.
I've gone back and forth on sig, but that's exactly why I feel good about him currently.

I also think his emotional reactions earlier were genuine.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Who would you feel better not having to have their game approach around tomorrow MP - Wilgy or zebra? Who do you think is doing more harm to town chances?
Ehhhh, I don't know. I suppose Wilgy. At least zebra has contributed something this game; I still don't know what to do with Wilgy's 'gut' reads. I'm just hoping zebra actually engages the game again like she was during d2.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

With that said, zebra's vote switching is irritating beyond anything Wilgy is doing.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:Ok, I'm sold on a Wilgy lynch.

I jumped in the game trying to solve a puzzle while missing 50% of the puzzle. I might be tunneling on sig a bit. I do that.

I'll err on the side of falling back on those that have been in the game so far and have more garnered info.

If what you say is true about this matrix, Golden, you are correct that Wilgy cannot be checking anyone if he is good. And I see no reason for a civ to be absolutely sure Soneji is bad and come out with that kind of info.
So there's actually a fault in this line here. Whenever someone sees no reason, it means they aren't willing to see a reason. I can think of plenty, reaction judging, nk baiting, bluffing the baddies. That line in specific reveals a forced intention.
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Scotty. Don't argue the AFK angle, that cup of WIFOM is full of tears and anguish.

Argue my suspicion please.
DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:Ok this here. What's happening here. Does anyone else find it fucking fishy as fuck? Like a salmon in a burrito.

Zebra, what did I do to you?
Explaine this to me. Y is this so :bass:
Y is wat so?
DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Waaaaiiiittttt....

Scotty...

Have you read my posts?
A few.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I want to do GTH reads. I wonder when would be the best time for that. Thoughts, folks?
I don't have much time today (I have 2 shows and lots of work in between) but if you start I'll add when I can. Though I'm not sure how useful my reads are.
Your vote on me for a fabricated red check came abit slow. I already explained that it was. Seems rather opportunistic that you would go for that without reading me.
Slow? I'm reading as I go. You literally posted that red check today, if I recall. I'm sorry I'm not at your speed in catching up.

hey Mp I'll give thoughts on all 3 at some point, but it won't be today, I'm afraid. I have too little time. But I also advise not talking ourselves out of things
If this is true, you've caught up now and saw that your vote reason is null. Why is your vote still on me?

quote="Scotty"]
Golden wrote:Wilgy vs Scotty. Phew. This is more like it!
The war to end all wars. The doctor vs the mechanic. One comes from humble beginnings, one comes from a place of lies.[/quote]
Why do you want a 1v1?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also ladies and gents... I was just forcefully ejected from 3 other games I was in... If you were wondering why I was around more often
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Reads list, Wilgy. Can you give me one?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

IKA / INAWORDYES
Day 1
ika wrote:can anyone say CFD? :P

im up for his lynch

GOD DAMN PEDITS
This is the first time ika mentions IAWY, only after thread pressure was applied against him.
ika wrote:vote inaworldyes

CHINESE FIRE DRILL TIME!!!!!!!11
ika wrote:
ika wrote:VOTE INAWORDYES

CHINESE FIRE DRILL TIME!!!!!!!11

FIX VOTES!!!!

GOGOGOGOGOG
*involuntary eye twitch*

All of this is roughly 3 hours for d1 EoD.
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Since there are now no votes on MP and I have changed my mind about MM, I'm switching my vote to Silverwolf because her inconsistency regarding Inawordyes is more alarming to me than Long Con's Sloonei vote. As for the wagon on Inawordyes, I'm somewhat on the fence about him, but gun to my head, I would say he is town. I'm not confident enough in that read to vocally oppose the lynch but I am not going to vote for him unless it's to save someone who I more confidently read as civilian.

VOTE SILVERWOLF
shes town

did you read her iso? she said it was in there
I read her ISO. It didn't help wash away the inconsistency that I perceive her to have, it only made it more clear to me that her read of IAWY is a fabrication. I can't see what town motivation she would have for fabricating a read of someone who she currently has a vote for near end of day.
explain to me how its a fabrication cus she doesnt fabirctae reads. she was scum readding him all day
This doesn't have to do with IAWY, really, but I included it because, from what I can tell, ika seems to be following Silver's confidence with respect to IAWY.
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I have 80 minutes to play some mafia. I'm not reading the thread, but somebody tell me what's going on and why I should vote for people.
vote Inawordyes then sloonie
ika wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:Look at how passionate people are in the for and against camps, you included. Are you really saying we are getting nothing?
I'm talking about his content now. I haven't read all the posts surrounding MM and IAWY even. I don't particularly feel MM is scum and there's no way of knowing IAWY's alignment. Also, I fear that if IAWY flips town then there's a lot of town on his wagon, and scum can easily defend it and throw suspicion on town later. It's just a much higher risk to me lynching someone who has barely talked.
disagree 100%

are you willingt o take a bet on the flip then?
ika wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
ika wrote:if your willing to take a bet i might answer
I don't care about your bet. Sure. Yes. No. Fine, whatever, tell me. How sure are you based on what?
so the bet is this, if hes scum i get your vote, if hes town you have my vote

deal?

(yes im being like this intentionally, i want to see more from you as well)
ika really wants IAWY to be lynched.
ika wrote:delex the reason is due to experince, i have been playing for 4 years and just about every times (maybe like a handfull of games out of the 1000s of games i have played) have the scums always been acitve, there is about 90% scums in lurk so im doing this based on experince
Here ika gives a reason for finding IAWY scummy; he says 4 years of mafia experience has shown scums often are lurkers.
ika wrote:VOTE FROG

LETS DO VOTE TIES!
This doesn't have to do with IAWY, but note that ika tries to move his vote to Frog at the end of Day 1.

Day 2
ika wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Caught up. Sorting my thoughts:

Ika: Your point about MP and Sig having TMI is really bad imo. Neither strikes me as players that would make that kind of mistake, why are you not taking this into account? In what world does it make sense for you for scum!MP who is on a team with a mafia vig to come out and start the day with "oh, must be mafia vig then"? If that was me I would sure as hell avoid doing exactly that and be super aware that I shouldn't be supposed to know what the extra kill meant, and I'm pretty sure this applies to MP too.

Furthermare both MP and Sig have accounted for what made them think as they did. Your attempt to play this off as TMI looks like an excuse to scumread someone and have something to argue, and I think you're smarter than that.

Question: Why did you say people had said this play by IAWY was his scum meta? Noone said that iirc.
frog iirc
What is your read on IAWY now?
would still lynch
What if there actually is a town vig in the setup?
then egg on me, doesnt change the cnetral point, i know some of the setup haev overlaps of town and scum vig
as for the rest, you really dont know me i make shit cases all the time, ts entirely why dotn to begin with
ika says he would still lynch IAWY and that he doesn't make cases.
ika wrote:VOTE INAWORLDYES

mobile at work but this is still scum
Votes IAWY with less than 30 minutes until EoD when it was clear IAWY was already being lynched.

Summary

- If ika and IAWY are teammates, ika waited until IAWY's lynch seemed inevitable, then bussed him and didn't look back. It's believable since ika didn't even really provide much substantiation for his strong IAWY read, and his behavior (most notably, the bet with Dizzy) could be seen as driven by confirmation bias (since he knows IAWY is scum).

Conclusion

ika's behavior is teammate compatible, for sure. Teammate indicative? I don't know because it's all a giant ball of WIFOM.

What do you all think?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

I think MP is scum

hey golden are you willing to bet on MPs alignment?

It will eb a simple sig bet, if hes scum you have to put the following in your sig in the champ game(s) you play "I was fooled on the syndicate by a player I could read. I believed he was town the entire game."

if im worng i will put whatever sig you like for as long as you are in champ game
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:I think MP is scum

It will eb a simple sig bet, if hes scum you have to put the following in your sig in the champ game(s) you play "I was fooled on the syndicate by a player I could read. I believed he was town the entire game."

if im worng i will put whatever sig you like for as long as you are in champ game
I hope you are ready to eat crow. :beer:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Only people I'm pinged by are Scotty, Zeebs, Sig and you in that order... Well of course Golden is bad.

The only player I feel like I have a good read on is Scotty.

I can see Zebra as being civ simply because I think she's bad. I never read her correctly.
Image Image Image
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

this was driected at golden. but here i got one for you too

want to take a bet on sigs alignment?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:Only people I'm pinged by are Scotty, Zeebs, Sig and you in that order... Well of course Golden is bad.

The only player I feel like I have a good read on is Scotty.

I can see Zebra as being civ simply because I think she's bad. I never read her correctly.
Can you elaborate on what bothered you about zebra, sig, and myself?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

this was driected at golden. but here i got one for you too

want to take a bet on sigs alignment?
No, I don't do sig bets anymore. They're against the spirit of the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I will give you "World's Biggest Tunneler" award though, since that's all you're doing.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig bets are essenal to the game
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I will give you "World's Biggest Tunneler" award though, since that's all you're doing.
make that a socky and i will 100% self nom it
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
You and I couldn't be any more different.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I will give you "World's Biggest Tunneler" award though, since that's all you're doing.
Lol, that actually is not a half-bad idea for a Socky.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Marmot, you're next with interactions. How about you just tell us all now if you're IAWY's teammate? :grin:

:P
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Also ladies and gents... I was just forcefully ejected from 3 other games I was in... If you were wondering why I was around more often
'What! Why?Y

Linki: I nominate Matt, no question

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

No, I'm not going to take a bet, ika. It's the kind of thing I'll consider in the early game, but not in the late game where it could end up affecting who gets lynched.

It's sufficient that after the game one of us will be right and the other wrong.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Also ladies and gents... I was just forcefully ejected from 3 other games I was in... If you were wondering why I was around more often
'What! Why?Y

My vote is Matt too! Sorry Ika! :haha:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Marmot, you're next with interactions. How about you just tell us all now if you're IAWY's teammate? :grin:

:P
To make it easier, you can just skip all of my posts before Sunday. I know you had like 250 posts by that time. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

Bet's about sig are not essential to the game, what am I something to bet on hmph.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
acutaly i think we are quite similar :P
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
Lol, that actually is not a half-bad idea for a Socky.
sweet ill be taking it then
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
:ponder:

Well, I suppose that's possible; I don't know you that well yet. :p

I just meant with regards to mafia. :mafia:
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Golden wrote:No, I'm not going to take a bet, ika. It's the kind of thing I'll consider in the early game, but not in the late game where it could end up affecting who gets lynched.

It's sufficient that after the game one of us will be right and the other wrong.
no its not, if your not willing to eevr consdier MP scum you should have no quralles to taking the bet. i doubt its going to affect the lynch either
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
'What! Why?Y

My vote is Matt too! Sorry Ika! :haha:
i doubt matt can compete with me, i saw him in truf and thats nto tunnleing
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:Bet's about sig are not essential to the game, what am I something to bet on hmph.
yes, you are.

i like betting you a lot
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:Bet's about sig are not essential to the game, what am I something to bet on hmph.
You're nothing but a smashcoin to me. :workit:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
:ponder:

Well, I suppose that's possible; I don't know you that well yet. :p

I just meant with regards to mafia. :mafia:
how much do we want to bet on that :P
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ika wrote:
Golden wrote:No, I'm not going to take a bet, ika. It's the kind of thing I'll consider in the early game, but not in the late game where it could end up affecting who gets lynched.

no its not, if your not willing to eevr consdier MP scum you should have no quralles to taking the bet. i doubt its going to affect the lynch either
Well, you can live with your perspective and I will live with mine.

I'm not interested in a bet about my signature in my champs game, no matter who is proposing it, over what thing, for whatever reason. Nada.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika, I think you have a gambling problem. :P
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Golden wrote:
ika wrote:

Well, you can live with your perspective and I will live with mine.

I'm not interested in a bet about my signature in my champs game, no matter who is proposing it, over what thing, for whatever reason. Nada.
then you admit that you could be worng on MP and you should revaluing it, that or join me on sig
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ika, if anyone ever thinks I'm tunnelling, they are most probably wrong. RM golden tunnelled. It wasn't a good thing to do, and that's old me. I'm not 'tunnelled' on MP being town.

My read on MP as very strong town is not going to change because there is a chance I could be wrong. Of course there is a chance I could be wrong, otherwise I would have said 'I am certain' not 'I am as certain as I could be without any info to go on'.

I am constantly reevaluating. Everything MP is doing in this game is furthering my view that he is town, he is putting in ridiculous amounts of efort that he would not do when scum. If he was scum, he would hide behind rl just a little bit more (and he could do that so easily and jusifiably). It's basically as obvious as it could ever be that MP is town. The fact you refuse to see it says a lot more about you than it says about how him.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And trust me, him fooling me will be far more satisfying to him, than me sabotaging my champs game with a stupid sig, in any event. It's kind of unthoughtful that you would want me to do that in the champs game.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Golden wrote: I am constantly reevaluating. Everything MP is doing in this game is furthering my view that he is town, he is putting in ridiculous amounts of efort that he would not do when scum. If he was scum, he would hide behind rl just a little bit more (and he could do that so easily and jusifiably). It's basically as obvious as it could ever be that MP is town. The fact you refuse to see it says a lot more about you than it says about how him.
and you relize he has been using RL all game long that silver has called him out on before she died? and you lreaize any scum can jsut do this themselfs?

like just based on your wroding along you refuse to revaulte your MP town read at all, jsut acknowledging it and then going "oh but hes looking more town as he post" only shows me that your not revualting it at all and only turning more and more to "MP is town no amtter what"

pedit: i know but jsut read my post and mayeb you will realzie what im trying to tell you is your current thinkigns is going to screw you as qeualy in the champ game
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

He's been using rl? Whats he doing with 600 posts then?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol, I'm using anti-RL if anything; the quality of my recent PhD work is being sacrificed by me playing this game as much as I am, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pull all-nighters the next two weeks to write these papers. XD
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Golden wrote:He's been using rl? Whats he doing with 600 posts then?
filler and trying to look town to fool you? he has been bring up RL a lot, im not saying "OMG HES NOT POSTING HES SUING RL" but he has mentioned rl a lot
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
filler and trying to look town to fool you? he has been bring up RL a lot, im not saying "OMG HES NOT POSTING HES SUING RL" but he has mentioned rl a lot
LOL, you think I've been posting filler?

Okay then. :p
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:

yup, you have not really given me any TLDR stuff so i didnt even read it
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:

:faint:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:

Huh?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”