Stanley Kubrick (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
33%

Total votes: 12
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 98

Re: Barry Lyndon - Day 3

Post by S~V~S »

Llama does not go in for that behind the scenes stuff, what you see is what you get.

So BWT who was gone for 2 days, did you learn anything in your catch up?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'll be gone in Portland all day today. I'm going to see Dream Theater tonight. :omg:

Catch you all tomorrow.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
llamaman wrote:The second in my ambitious series of Kubrick themed mafias, based on my second favorite Kubrick film. This will be a straightforward game with no secrets and everything out in the open, only with an added Hierarchy mechanic. This being a story of people swept along by the whim of circumstance, the individual players are fairly limited in their night powers, but I do not think that will lessen the fun substantially.
:shrug:
Ah... ok then, and inactive failure? I see Scotty voted for gleam, is he the only inactive one?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'll be inactive today, but that doesn't account for last night.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
llamaman wrote:The second in my ambitious series of Kubrick themed mafias, based on my second favorite Kubrick film. This will be a straightforward game with no secrets and everything out in the open, only with an added Hierarchy mechanic. This being a story of people swept along by the whim of circumstance, the individual players are fairly limited in their night powers, but I do not think that will lessen the fun substantially.
Ah... ok then, and inactive failure? I see Scotty voted for gleam, is he the only inactive one?
Well, BWT for one.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Sorry I've been gone. The last 2 days were crazy. Going to start catching up now.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DFaraday »

I agree that it's most likely that the kill was not sent, which would make agleaminranks look suspect.

I also think it's pretty likely that the Zebra voters are not bad. I doubt the baddies would bus a teammate this early in the game and with the ratio as it was.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Well, BWT for one.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Sorry I've been gone. The last 2 days were crazy. Going to start catching up now.
Good call there too.

Hey @HOST!!
Is the one captain in charge of the kill required to be the one to supply it, or can his/her teammates speak on his behalf?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Barry Lyndon - Night 2

Post by agleaminranks »

I will attempt to do my best to summarize the game so far in an attempt to catch up.

Day 1: chaos to say the least. People are arguing and accusing each other of badness from silly roleplaying, semantic inanity, and invoking gambler's fallacy?? Jeebus. Regarding the topics at hand, I'm glad some people didn't seriously consider Epi's copypasta role indicative. :disappoint:
That being said, a few things of note then. Many people rush to Sorsha's side because of her history of being bad recently, someone invokes gambler's fallacy. Which is fine, but anyone with a flipping brain should see how the statistics of randomness work for these games. It's pointless to believe it one way or another.
Wilgy mentions that someone embracing the fallacy is more likely to be civ. I think this is an entirely baseless claim. He's just saying that anyone who sided with Sorsha and wanting to believe she is good should be considered civilian. For a dumb reason. I have no more reason to believe Sorsha's innocence than I have to believe she's a baddy, so that reveals nothing, other than Wilgy maybe is wanting to protect someone who took Sorsha's side. Probably more likely them than Sorsha herself. Possible teammate somewhere?
Epignosis is acting pretty in character, but he himself seems to add little to the conversation in terms of productivity. He makes one comment pointing out a quote Serge made but the rest is entirely responsive and, well, rather passive. He disappears for a while. It's still day 1, but my experience with Epignosis being civilian has him leading the charge in discussion. We'll see how this pans out further.
The whole "dragon" talk was just stupid. Serge probably made a passing word and LC saw it in a linki and just added it on. I don't think it means anything more than that. SVS was acting defensively and I see no problem with that, but I would feel a little suspicious of the people who try to inflate the issue, like they're grasping for straws to accuse someone of anything. Could be bad. Who knows.

(I will try to do a more thorough ISO on specific characters once I'm caught up)

Night 1: Not much. Sig gets the axe and flips civilian. Scotty says he was feeling sig being good in spite of opposition. Will need to look at the sig voters to see what that info reveals. Dunno about this early in the game, but sometimes people claiming to have a good read on a lynch that flips civ has to do with them being bad. Too early to tell.
Long Con gets into it with Rico. I think LC is grasping at straws trying to make accusations.
The fact that Barry's mom got lynched is a big tell. I think it will give me some ideas as to whom Barry is.
Wilgy had a theory that if sig was good, zebra was bad. Hrmm. I don't see the zebra connection. I will need to reanalyze their interactions on Day 1.
I dislike Long Con's tone, he's playing at this point with a fair amount of conviction when being spotlighted. Maybe I don't have that strength of character, but normally confidence represents something hidden.
Zebra feels like she's slipping a bit in her interactions with Rico and Scotty. I might have jumped on this bandwagon had I not slipped up bad.

Day 2: Rico is nightkilled. He seemed to be leading the discussion at this point and I would have felt pretty good about his alignment.
Zebra and Wilgy end up NO U'ing each other.
Both Sorsha and Epignosis show up after quite some time away. Dunno what to make of Sorsha, but at this point, Epignosis is still lying pretty low. Making big claims about SVS. I'm not sure how I feel about SVS at this point, but it feels like she's been playing a good defensive game up to this point. But I don't feel great about Epignosis.

Night 2: Zebra is lynched and flips bad. Wilgy takes credit for starting the wagon. No one gets nightkilled, looking at the inactives (myself) for a probable reason.

Now we're at day 3.

I have to run to an exam I haven't studied for, but I have two claims to make based on my analysis, which I will try to provide more evidence for when I get back.

Epignosis is a captain, and DrWilgy is Barry Lyndon. I will probably be voting Wilgy today.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by agleaminranks »

Also, since I know I'm good, BWT is a captain too.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

agleaminranks wrote:I will attempt to do my best to summarize the game so far in an attempt to catch up.

Day 1: chaos to say the least. People are arguing and accusing each other of badness from silly roleplaying, semantic inanity, and invoking gambler's fallacy?? Jeebus. Regarding the topics at hand, I'm glad some people didn't seriously consider Epi's copypasta role indicative. :disappoint:
That being said, a few things of note then. Many people rush to Sorsha's side because of her history of being bad recently, someone invokes gambler's fallacy. Which is fine, but anyone with a flipping brain should see how the statistics of randomness work for these games. It's pointless to believe it one way or another.
Wilgy mentions that someone embracing the fallacy is more likely to be civ. I think this is an entirely baseless claim. He's just saying that anyone who sided with Sorsha and wanting to believe she is good should be considered civilian. For a dumb reason. I have no more reason to believe Sorsha's innocence than I have to believe she's a baddy, so that reveals nothing, other than Wilgy maybe is wanting to protect someone who took Sorsha's side. Probably more likely them than Sorsha herself. Possible teammate somewhere?
Epignosis is acting pretty in character, but he himself seems to add little to the conversation in terms of productivity. He makes one comment pointing out a quote Serge made but the rest is entirely responsive and, well, rather passive. He disappears for a while. It's still day 1, but my experience with Epignosis being civilian has him leading the charge in discussion. We'll see how this pans out further.
The whole "dragon" talk was just stupid. Serge probably made a passing word and LC saw it in a linki and just added it on. I don't think it means anything more than that. SVS was acting defensively and I see no problem with that, but I would feel a little suspicious of the people who try to inflate the issue, like they're grasping for straws to accuse someone of anything. Could be bad. Who knows.

(I will try to do a more thorough ISO on specific characters once I'm caught up)

Night 1: Not much. Sig gets the axe and flips civilian. Scotty says he was feeling sig being good in spite of opposition. Will need to look at the sig voters to see what that info reveals. Dunno about this early in the game, but sometimes people claiming to have a good read on a lynch that flips civ has to do with them being bad. Too early to tell.
Long Con gets into it with Rico. I think LC is grasping at straws trying to make accusations.
The fact that Barry's mom got lynched is a big tell. I think it will give me some ideas as to whom Barry is.
Wilgy had a theory that if sig was good, zebra was bad. Hrmm. I don't see the zebra connection. I will need to reanalyze their interactions on Day 1.
I dislike Long Con's tone, he's playing at this point with a fair amount of conviction when being spotlighted. Maybe I don't have that strength of character, but normally confidence represents something hidden.
Zebra feels like she's slipping a bit in her interactions with Rico and Scotty. I might have jumped on this bandwagon had I not slipped up bad.

Day 2: Rico is nightkilled. He seemed to be leading the discussion at this point and I would have felt pretty good about his alignment.
Both Sorsha and Epignosis show up after quite some time away. Dunno what to make of Sorsha, but at this point, Epignosis is still lying pretty low. Making big claims about SVS. I'm not sure how I feel about SVS at this point, but it feels like she's been playing a good defensive game up to this point. But I don't feel great about Epignosis.

Night 2: Zebra is lynched and flips bad. Wilgy takes credit for starting the wagon. No one gets nightkilled, looking at the inactives (myself) for a probable reason.

Now we're at day 3.

I have to run to an exam I haven't studied for, but I have two claims to make based on my analysis, which I will try to provide more evidence for when I get back.

Epignosis is a captain, and DrWilgy is Barry Lyndon. I will probably be voting Wilgy today.
Lol no dude. I don't agree with this at all, but will willingly listen to what you have to say when you provide this "evidence" when you get back.
agleaminranks wrote:Also, since I know I'm good, BWT is a captain too.
This could very well be possible too. Way to throw that in there to get the target off your back.

Gleam, what do you think about the reason for the lack of a NK last night?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ok that long post may have gotten you my vote.

Sig was Barrys Mom. Sig was screaming to NOT kill a specific person, who was NOT Wilgy. What makes you think he had BTSC with Wilgy?

I am hoping to hear what if anything BWT learned in his catchup, but it will be one of you for me.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 36

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote: Hey @HOST!!
Is the one captain in charge of the kill required to be the one to supply it, or can his/her teammates speak on his behalf?
I decided to disallow group PMs this game.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 123

Post by DrWilgy »

Hell, I think I'd be willing to vote Gleam for calling my claim baseless.

On terms of a more rational vote. I could see BWT being bad and not submitting a kill. Players that weren't posting though the night include Epi and BWT. Barry and Baddie?

If BWT is bad, I'm pretty sure LC is as well... Maybe that thought will amke me vote there.

LC do please answer my questions when you can.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I flipped over here from BG to have a quick catchup, and that gleam post intimidated me too much. I'll absorb it all at a later time tonight, right now I'm AFK for a bit again.

Ok Wilgy, I'll try to answer things for you tonight as well. My attention has been taken up with having lots of fun in the BG game lately, but I will try to balance out tonight, I do not understand what links me to BWT though.
DrWilgy

Re: Barry Lyndon - Day 1

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:I will not be voting BWT.

I will not be voting Sorsha.
This here was on my mind. I may need to reread fpr context in this area though.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote:
Scotty wrote: Hey @HOST!!
I decided to disallow group PMs this game.
:eek:
DrWilgy wrote:Hell, I think I'd be willing to vote Gleam for calling my claim baseless.

On terms of a more rational vote. I could see BWT being bad and not submitting a kill. Players that weren't posting though the night include Epi and BWT. Barry and Baddie?

If BWT is bad, I'm pretty sure LC is as well... Maybe that thought will amke me vote there.

LC do please answer my questions when you can.
Yo Wilgy- you know who else was not active that phase? Agleaminranks. Why is that not "a rational vote" in relation to BWT and Epi?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Good question. ''

I am still hoping BWT gives us the benefit of his insight, though.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

agleaminranks wrote:Alright, I have no good excuse this time. I'm bogged down with finals and I just forgot the deadline was earlier than I thought it would be. Spectacular failure on my part. I will do my damndest to be a better player this upcoming day period.
This was posted at the start of night 2.

Gleam was here.
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Alright, I have no good excuse this time. I'm bogged down with finals and I just forgot the deadline was earlier than I thought it would be. Spectacular failure on my part. I will do my damndest to be a better player this upcoming day period.
This was posted at the start of night 2.

Gleam was here.
So what is your feel on BWT?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Interesting...

*Wilgy leaps from a nearby roof, lands horribly, dusts off his lab coat and straightens his glasses*

Both Epi and BWT posted during night 1 too. Perhaps Gleam isnt our choice pick of baddie today.

Linki - Dont have one yet. I'm looking to gaining one. Et tu?

How's Epi's attendance record normally fam?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Epignosis »

Present.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh... Hi Epi.

My questions from earlier... Is it defence or defense?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:Oh... Hi Epi.

British, Australian, Canadian for the former, American for the latter.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Oh... Hi Epi.

British, Australian, Canadian for the former, American for the latter.
Ty boss
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

agleaminranks wrote:I will attempt to do my best to summarize the game so far in an attempt to catch up.

Now we're at day 3.

I'd like a minute for rebuttal.
:meany:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok Wilgy, here's some responses:
DrWilgy wrote:Also, what would've prompted said "bold moves" that statement doesn't make any sense. Since there's no cause. Cause and effect statements only work if there's a cause which you haven't presented.

If "with the numbers" or the set player number is the cause... Why then? Why would on day 2, I would go after my teammate instead of day 1? Why not wait till 3 if numbers is the reason? after being hardly vocal, and numbers have anything to do with that? Perhaps my thoughts were this "hey I know we just gained some advantage in our baddie to civ ratio, now is clearly the time to make a bold move and go after my teammate."

What you are saying and/or proposing makes no sense.

Tldr - What about the exchange was ludicrous, what prompted my bold moves if I'm bad, and what do the numbers have to do with my actions? Because right now it seems like you are saying things to say them.
You're taking a gut theory and trying to analyze it out of existence, if you understand what I mean. I don't have a Big Reason why it would happen on Day 2, and not Day 1 or Day 3. I've been a baddie with Zebra before, and she absolutely loves the idea of teammate bussing. In Coquelicot Mafia, on a baddie team with me, she actually was making moves that made it take slightly longer, and made it slightly harder, for us to win, because she wanted to stick with a bussing plan so badly. We still quite dominated that game, but won a day later than we could have because she didn't want to give it up. And it wasn't even for a big reason, it was just because she had started it and wanted to stay the course and have fun with it. We were cool with it (albeit with rolled eyes and some sidelong concerned glances) because our victorious outcome seemed pretty inevitable either way at that point.

I don't recall seeing you play this way before, Wilgy. You are so carefree and zany so much of the time, and since zebra's lynch, you have changed into a laser-focused player that I don't recognize. I don't know how to analyze that, can you point to a time when you have done it before? You seem like a completely different player.

You say that what I proposed made no sense with *reasons* why... hell, you have typed fifty times the words against it that I ever used to put it out there. It was how I felt at the time, at one point in your back-and-forth with her, it stopped feeling like a real conversation to me. That's all, I understand that you don't want me or anyone else to feel that way, you have given reasons why it "makes no sense"... but the zebra I know and the Wilgy I thought I knew don't always require that logical core, they are players who are willing to freewheel it and splash a little chaos in order to hopefully come out on top of it all. Unlike players such as Dom and Epi, who I view as wanting to keep tight control on their perspectives and posts at all times.

Lastly (on this point anyways), as a teammate, you would have had no idea that the zebra accusation would catch on as much as it did, but your back-and-forth ended up dominating a large part of Day 2, due to this being a quieter sort of game.
DrWilgy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Quick question, LC & Sorsha, can I get opinions on each other? Not becasue I specifically suspect either of you, but becasue of recent history, I think it would be valuable.
Hmm... What recent history is this SVS?

Also, LC and SVS, could you two comment on each other? I'm intrigued as to what you two think of each other.
Ok, I guess I should two-in-one this. Sorsha is a quiet player whether she is Civ or baddie, so, while that makes her relatively easy to ISO, it makes her harder to analyze. She's made a few comments about S~V~S and Wilgy, but nothing too definitive. She didn't pursue that S~V~S "three way tie" thing, but maybe no one answered her. (My answer: I don't think that seems like usual S~V~S behaviour... more like Metalmarsh behaviour: tie it up for fun for the heck of it, leaving no strong trail after the dust settles.) Her last comment on me was, like, "maybe LC is bad, I really don't know, but I'd go for that lynch!" A bit wishy-washy, which could be a baddie sign. I certainly didn't like the comment, personally.

And S~V~S? As I said in response to Sorsha, the tie-up-the-lynch thing doesn't seem like her usual M.O., but it's pretty early in the game, and I am having trouble making a logical connection to link it to "baddie S~V~S". I'll look deeper, but I want to post now and then come back for that. This post has been gestating too long already, due to distractions and BsG game posting. :blush:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

"I don't recall seeing you play this way before, Wilgy. You are so carefree and zany so much of the time, and since zebra's lynch, you have changed into a laser-focused player that I don't recognize. I don't know how to analyze that, can you point to a time when you have done it before? You seem like a completely different player."

That's on purpose. I like your response and believe you.

I would like more BWT-ing if possible. The more time that passes without a post from him, the more inclined I am to vote for him. I don't think the possibility of the captains not submitting a nk for the mind games should be ignored, but if BWT doesn't toss me anything to catch here, we will have problems.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, I would put S~V~S as Null-Civ, somewhere in the Medium Rare zone. I do think that her suspicion of me, and her relenting a bit, seemed both genuine and open-minded, which looks really good to me. It has the added bonus of not looking like buddying, because of the way she was talking before I responded... talking that "I think LC is bad" talk that I only like in small, easily digestible doses. :haha: Note to self: when attempting to buddy someone, first apply suspicion pressure to them, then turn it around.
DrWilgy wrote:"I don't recall seeing you play this way before, Wilgy. You are so carefree and zany so much of the time, and since zebra's lynch, you have changed into a laser-focused player that I don't recognize. I don't know how to analyze that, can you point to a time when you have done it before? You seem like a completely different player."

Wow, I am impressed. Better not let it get out, or people will start becoming more demanding to see Laser Wilgy in action. :clap:
I would like more BWT-ing if possible. The more time that passes without a post from him, the more inclined I am to vote for him. I don't think the possibility of the captains not submitting a nk for the mind games should be ignored, but if BWT doesn't toss me anything to catch here, we will have problems.
I have found that this is the issue sometimes with BWT. He's a busy guy, and isn't always able to make a solid commitment to Mafia games at times. However, my experience with this in the past says that it makes him more likely to be a prime candidate for "missing the kill PM" -- his low posting isn't lurking, it's him not being present. I won't look at his last login time on the site is (because, as Epi recently discovered to his chagrin, that's not fair), but his posts clearly indicate that he was not around for Night 2.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Sorsha »

@LC- I didn't persue the SVS three way tie thing because after her vote yesterday (for zebra) I don't find her any where near the top of my suspicions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

If this is not a case of an inactive missing a PM and is instead someone setting the inactives up I'm looking at Scotty and/or LC as Captains. Wilgy has been supatowning since the zebra lynch and night two had both of them on his radar..... until this whole no nk happened and the focus has shifted. Scotty was also very quick to jump on a vote today and has been advocating for the gleam vote.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am lost alone & clueless. I am not even a corporal, much less a captain :haha:

I have a slow PM at work today, I should have time to reread & get some more focus.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

And I thought I wasn't posting much. Be lively, everyone!

agleamintheranks and Scotty is too much WIFOM for me. I'll probably vote for one of them. Right now I'm leaning more into agleamintheranks, as getting him lynched would clear up the inactive missing nightkill somehow.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

Scotty feels bad. It must be your profile picture.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:"I don't recall seeing you play this way before, Wilgy. You are so carefree and zany so much of the time, and since zebra's lynch, you have changed into a laser-focused player that I don't recognize. I don't know how to analyze that, can you point to a time when you have done it before? You seem like a completely different player."

The fact that you continue to ignore gleam and push it against BWT for having similar tendencies is making me believe you are purposefully directing suspicion away from gleam. You already acknowledged that both were active night 2- though gleam was active only at the beginning of the night phase. I don't know about you, but as a baddie, I usually don't decide who to kill at the beginning of night.

I think that you and gleam are baddies.

How bout dem apples?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Serge wrote:Scotty feels bad. It must be your profile picture.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am more inclined to vote for gleam than Scotty. Scotty does not strike me as one to miss a night kill, and from my reading, that's the only way there was no kill.

a2thezebra - Capatin Grogan - Lynched Day 2
agleaminranks - A potential miss
birdwithteeth11 - A potential miss
DFaraday - A potential miss
DrWilgy - I think a potential miss only if done purposefully with the intent to deceive
Long Con - Most likely would not miss a kill
Marmotpictures87- Killed his own teammate in Downton Abbey; a potential miss on purpose with the intent to deceive
Ricochet - Killed Night 1
Scotty - Most likely would not miss a kill
Serge - Was bad in Turf Wars with me, and was not terrible active; got replaced, but I do not recall missing a night action
Sig - Belle - Lynched Day 1
Sorsha - Was bad in Downton Abbey and not terribly active; a potential miss
S~V~S - Most likely would not miss a kill

Potzdorf is therefore someone who feared Ricochet enough to remove him first thing, but not so invested that he or she would submit a second kill. If the other two captains are active and anything like me, they would be frustrated with their lost opportunity.

My vote is likely to go to agleaminranks, birdwithteeth11, DFaraday, or Sorsha.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Gotta go to work, so I'm voting now.

Voting BWT11 because I think he's very likely to have missed the nightkill.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote: My vote is likely to go to agleaminranks, birdwithteeth11, DFaraday, or Sorsha.
I haven't been around much, but if I had a kill, I would make sure to send it in.

I could go for Gleam or BWT today, but I'd like to hear anything they might have to say first.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

S~V~S wrote:Llama does not go in for that behind the scenes stuff, what you see is what you get.

So BWT who was gone for 2 days, did you learn anything in your catch up?
I did not, because I fell asleep and haven't read anymore since then. So I'm now 4 days behind instead. :sigh:

Today I will for sure catch up though. I promise.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This came a few hours after the missed kill.
DFaraday wrote:I agree that it's most likely that the kill was not sent, which would make agleaminranks look suspect.

I also think it's pretty likely that the Zebra voters are not bad. I doubt the baddies would bus a teammate this early in the game and with the ratio as it was.
DF offered this the next morning.
DFaraday wrote:
Epignosis wrote: My vote is likely to go to agleaminranks, birdwithteeth11, DFaraday, or Sorsha.
I haven't been around much, but if I had a kill, I would make sure to send it in.

I could go for Gleam or BWT today, but I'd like to hear anything they might have to say first.
I rather believe this. But still.
agleaminranks makes this mea culpa shortly after the lynch. This would indicate that he was acutely aware of his inactivity, and that if he missed sending in a kill, he would have had to have been of the mindset that he would consider whom he would kill with his team, but then he wound up missing the action due to the deadline. That's slightly harder to believe, but still comfortably within the realm of possibility. That big long post afterward stinks though.
Sorsha wrote:Sorry I missed it. Blame my mother.
S~V~S wrote:Quick question, LC & Sorsha, can I get opinions on each other? Not becasue I specifically suspect either of you, but becasue of recent history, I think it would be valuable.
I usually think LC is bad and I'm wrong as often as I'm right. I don't see anything in this game that reminds me of the last game so far though. Absolutely not defending him, I wouldn't fight a LC lynch today but I can't read him well at all and never have been able to.
Sorsha was around right before the end of the Night. She could have submitted a kill in that time. The only way Sorsha didn't submit a kill is if she was being cute and trying to frame inactives. If Sorsha is bad, I'd say she is a teammate of the first captain. She was the first to raise this:
Sorsha wrote:Yeah and with apparently no blocker or Doctor... Someone forget to send in a PM?
However, she she doesn't pursue that idea, but instead concentrates on the notion that this was a setup.
Sorsha wrote:If this is not a case of an inactive missing a PM and is instead someone setting the inactives up I'm looking at Scotty and/or LC as Captains. Wilgy has been supatowning since the zebra lynch and night two had both of them on his radar..... until this whole no nk happened and the focus has shifted. Scotty was also very quick to jump on a vote today and has been advocating for the gleam vote.
Sorsha is positioning herself to vote for Scotty (and to a lesser extent LC) based on...an if?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Good morning everyone. So say we all!

How many tens of posts did I mist?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: miss...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Good morning everyone. So say we all!

Lol I actually forgot you were playing this game. Any thoughts for what's happening here in ye olde times?

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. Here are some thoughts from my catch-up:

- SVS' perceived lateness of her Day 1 vote. Given the discussion that has happened about it, I'm inclined to not read anything into it. I don't see it as a big fish to fry.
a2thezebra wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Long Con wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Your meta's looking pretty bad right now Wilgy, to be honest.
What do you mean by this?
I mean that from what I know about Wilgy based on my experiences with him in other games, this feels way more like his baddie game than his civ game. I'm just being honest.
Just like you were so confident with sig?
Since I was wrong once does that mean I should just stop trying to read people?
Certainly not. But your confidence here is either brave or reckless. And given how it went with sig, I would think you would be inclined to take a step back before making a judgement rather than going in guns blazing each time.

- Up to the lynch post for Day 2, Wilgy still looks bad to me just like zebra. Their whole back and forth felt...forced to me. Scotty's vote for Day 2 looks to me like someone who didn't want to commit to the Wilgy-zebra thing though.
DrWilgy wrote:@Scotty, so... Baddies lost a teammate and the person conversing with said teammate was me. Am I supposed to believe that the baddies team didn't chime in anywhere on me? It's also like I stated a odd pattern that two players gave 50% correct checks regarding both me and baddie.

Did 2 civs come up and portray this pattern? Not likely. A civ and a baddie? More likely. It's the same reason why I figured Sig and Zebra were on opposite teams. Similar patterns, but little connection.
I actually think this is a far more likely idea of what happened. It gives baddies both an opportunity to look clean by throwing a teammate under a bus, as well as backing someone who is probably a civvie for all practical purposes.

- Those Day 3 results look like it came from several of us being no-shows and very low posters. But without an actual lynch, I'm not sure how helpful those results are in determining anyone else's role.
Well I know I'm good, so I find it interesting that you want to paint the target on my back to divert attention away from yourself. :suspish: I don't think it helps either of our cases given we're both being looked at in a bad light.

Given that we have several fairly inactive players, I wouldn't be surprised if the baddies are trying to lynchpin several of the quieter people to take attention off of themselves.

Oh, and gleam's long post. I feel like huge chunks of it (the gambler's fallacy stuff, the dragon thing, Zebra vs. Wilgy) feels dismissive to me of extended conversations. You can disagree with them, but to me it feels like he's saying nothing important came of it. Which I highly disagree with. I also want to hear why you think Epig is a captain and Wilgy is Barry. Because I have not seen any evidence that would lead me to believe either of those yet.

So what are your thoughts on gleam then?

Weren't you the one who said that you'd analyze 2 players who argued about the sky being different colors to look for patterns? Because from what I've read so far, it looks like you are singling only one of us out.

Alright. I think I covered all my thoughts up to the present. Let the questions fly.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

If I had to vote now FWIW, I would vote either gleam or Wilgy.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

BWT wrote:Scotty's vote for Day 2 looks to me like someone who didn't want to commit to the Wilgy-zebra thing though.
Correct:
Scotty wrote:I want to stay away from the Wilgy/zebra lick-a-thon for now. Im not seeing baddies out of either of them and instead of possibly getting two mislynchesmislynches, I'll stick to more glaring developments.
I agree with BWT's post.

Though BWT does fall into the same category of inactives, I feel his statements are more genuine.

What say you, other people that haven't commented today?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:

Lol I actually forgot you were playing this game. Any thoughts for what's happening here in ye olde times?
Since this is a simple game, I think the mafia simply forgot to send their kill in.

They could have tried for a gambit. There are 3 mafia left (presumably) and what 9 non-mafia? They could have opted to not kill with the assumption that Barry would kill one of their own. But Barry clearly failed (or forgot to kill, himself) which means that makes it less likely that mafia would do this.

And with as much death that can happen in this game, I don't see why mafia would want to draw it out intentionally. I like the idea of the missed kill better.

Thus, today I will vote for anyone who didn't post last night, or Scotty (because he forgot about me).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Since this is a simple game, I think the mafia simply forgot to send their kill in.

They could have tried for a gambit. There are 3 mafia left (presumably) and what 9 non-mafia? They could have opted to not kill with the assumption that Barry would kill one of their own. But Barry clearly failed (or forgot to kill, himself) which means that makes it less likely that mafia would do this.

And with as much death that can happen in this game, I don't see why mafia would want to draw it out intentionally. I like the idea of the missed kill better.

Thus, today I will vote for anyone who didn't post last night, or Scotty (because he forgot about me).
:suspish:

I'm going to build a residence around your natural habitat and inadvertently evict you, Marmot

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You have to find me first. :grin:

I'm somewhere between here and Ol' Faithful. And the best part is, you don't even know where here is!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Y'all seem to be ignoring the fact that I acknowledged Gleams existence, but ruled him out since he was here.

If you think I'm singling you out BWT you are correct. You were, by posting means, AFK. The only other was Epi. Based on how often you die day 1 with me, I have little to indicate how you would preform as a baddie. When you compare this to Epi (who I think I can read better based solely on game time together) you are the greater liability.

What do you think of these players BwT:
- Epi
- LC
- Scotty in the context of both "avoiding Zebra vs Wilgy" and the "guy who wants gleam murked"

I'll go over Gleam as soon as I'm out of my shower.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”