Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Four

Post by Polo »

The Amnesty Law can be ignored if everyone claims Cylon.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Thanks for the reminder.
Polo wrote:I'm not ever going to give people a civ pass for claiming, but be damn sure that the evil Cylons aren't okay with losing their first lynch immunity.
Most people have already used up their claim; do you want to let Cavil and his toaster pals get the upper hand? Frakking hell.
If I were an evildoer, I'd be perfectly okay playing ball. Why? Because it buys me credibility with people like you. You are operating under the assumption that the people who aren't claiming must be bad because...well, they didn't claim! Even if you say you are not walking that path, you are. And your enthusiasm here sounds forced to me.

Say, tell me more about this "first" lynch immunity. :ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:The Amnesty Law can be ignored if everyone claims Cylon.
What does that have to do with we all now need Epi dead to win?It isn't fair and it's wrong.

I don't want Cains win cons, I want the win cons I had back. I want to defeat Cavil, and I want to do it free from a dictator. Who probably has other things up her evil sleeve, tbh.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am gonna go now before I start painting my face blue, lol. It's the Scots in me :noble:
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

GTH Reads:

a2theZebra - Bad
bea - Bad
Black Rock - Good
Dex - Good
DrWilgy - Bad
Epignosis - Good
G-Man - Good
Glorfindel - Bad
JJJ - Good
juliets - Good
Long Con - Good
Matt - Good
Marmot - Good
ObscureAllure - Bad
Polo - Good
Ricochet - Good
S~V~S - Good
Scotty - Bad
sig - Bad
Silverwolf - Good - maybe Cain
SokothQultug - Bad
Spacedaisy -Good
Vompatti - Bad

My biggest thoughts:

Sig reeks. Not only did he refuse to claim cylon, but he also tried to push on Epig to force a claim out of him, which he himself refuses to do.

All those who did not claim cylon are highly suspect in my opinion. There is absolutely no benefit for a civ to hold onto your cylon amnesty. However, for the mafia, they could potentially abuse the amnesty law and martial law combo and win even if we scumhunt the shit out of them.

I think that if we happen to discover Cain, we should lynch them, but until then I do not think we should actively hunt for them.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epignosis wrote:Thanks for the reminder.
Polo wrote:I'm not ever going to give people a civ pass for claiming, but be damn sure that the evil Cylons aren't okay with losing their first lynch immunity.
Most people have already used up their claim; do you want to let Cavil and his toaster pals get the upper hand? Frakking hell.
If I were an evildoer, I'd be perfectly okay playing ball. Why? Because it buys me credibility with people like you. You are operating under the assumption that the people who aren't claiming must be bad because...well, they didn't claim! Even if you say you are not walking that path, you are. And your enthusiasm here sounds forced to me.

Here:
Golden wrote:A new law has been passed.

Cylon Amnesty Act: Any person may publicly admit to being a cylon and, if the declaration is true, they will have immunity from the lynch for that day. Once a person has outed themselves as a cylon, they cannot do it a second time.

They'll be immune to being lynched on the day of the declaration. That's what I meant; on the next day onward they'll be lynchable.

S~V~S wrote:
What does that have to do with we all now need Epi dead to win?It isn't fair and it's wrong.

I don't want Cains win cons, I want the win cons I had back. I want to defeat Cavil, and I want to do it free from a dictator. Who probably has other things up her evil sleeve, tbh.
Lynch Cavil and then we lynch Cain. I said nothing about lynching Epi.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

Let's lynch sig!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Long Con wrote:I swear to God, S~V~S - give me a little time, and I can prove it to you. I can't do it if you guys just lynch me tomorrow for theories and suppositions about the role you think I am can do.
Why not do it now?
sig wrote:I'll claim tomorrow I said, since it seems it will lift peoples concerns about me.
Why not do it now?
*indiglowing*
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I think they have to claim it during a day phase.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:I think they have to claim it during a day phase.
Oh, right.
*indiglowing*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hey Polo, do you like Pink Floyd? I like Pink Floyd. There's a song a lot of fans don't like but I do. Here, I'll share it with you:

I'll even include the lyrics:
Spoiler: show
:eye:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Thanks for the reminder.

Here:
Golden wrote:A new law has been passed.

Cylon Amnesty Act: Any person may publicly admit to being a cylon and, if the declaration is true, they will have immunity from the lynch for that day. Once a person has outed themselves as a cylon, they cannot do it a second time.

They'll be immune to being lynched on the day of the declaration. That's what I meant; on the next day onward they'll be lynchable.

S~V~S wrote:

Lynch Cavil and then we lynch Cain. I said nothing about lynching Epi.
And do you think you know who Cavil is? You say this like it is a simple thing. Did someone forget to send me the "Who IS Cavil" memo?

Lets see what happens in the night; if the win cons changeback I will back right the fuck off (see SIlver! I said "fuck" :D ). If they don't then as far as I am concerend, a bird in the hand etc. becasue Cain has to go since who knows what she will do next under martial law.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Frak you, Epi. English is not my first language and anyone with a minimal will to interpret things the right way know what I meant by that: that Cylons are immune to lynches on the day they claim they're Cylons.

S~V~S, who do you think is a Cylon? We can try and lynch a Cylon first.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo, you are missing my point. I think Wilgy is probably a Cylon, I think Sig could be a cylon, I think several people might be cylons. I am super positive willing to stake my entire reputation on it that LC is Cain.

LOL, I am gonna go do laundry or dishes or anything except get out my blue face paint ha ha ha

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

you know it is more likely that the baddies claimed first or came up with the idea. I know if I was mafia I'd have jumped on this claim thing right away AND THEN pushed a lynch on anyone who hadn't claimed. Which is what Polo is trying to do, he also last phase kept asking people what they thought of certain players and pushing a lynch, for these reasons I think he's mafia.

I'm also glad nobody addressed any of my points on zebra what does everyone think of her providing almost no content and just one liners throughout the game.

I'd rather live on my knees then die on my feet!...........hmmm that sounds like I messed up the quote. :ponder:

@SVS why do you think I'm a cylon? Since I'm not. :shrug:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dex wrote:
Long Con wrote:I swear to God, S~V~S - give me a little time, and I can prove it to you. I can't do it if you guys just lynch me tomorrow for theories and suppositions about the role you think I am can do.
Why not do it now?
sig wrote:I'll claim tomorrow I said, since it seems it will lift peoples concerns about me.
Why not do it now?
Yeah it only counts during the day so I'll do so tomorrow.
ImageImage
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I'd be willing to bet money that you're Mafia, sig.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:Frak you, Epi. English is not my first language and anyone with a minimal will to interpret things the right way know what I meant by that: that Cylons are immune to lynches on the day they claim they're Cylons.
I'm well aware that English is not your first language. That I would feel comfortable enough accusing you on the basis of including an apparently superfluous adjective in your post should be a recognition of your mastery of the tongue. :)

And I do feel quite comfortable. :nicenod:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Question for Epi: Do you actually think that's a slip on Polo's part, or was that just a pressure move?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Polo wrote:I'd be willing to bet money that you're Mafia, sig.
Same here.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:Frak you, Epi. English is not my first language and anyone with a minimal will to interpret things the right way know what I meant by that: that Cylons are immune to lynches on the day they claim they're Cylons.
I'm well aware that English is not your first language. That I would feel comfortable enough accusing you on the basis of including an apparently superfluous adjective in your post should be a recognition of your mastery of the tongue. :)

Being a native speaker of the language, I have been wrongly suspected by you for lacking a "mastery of the tongue" myself.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Being a native speaker of the language, I have been wrongly suspected by you for lacking a "mastery of the tongue" myself.
Nope. Not even close to the same thing.

I am accusing Polo of using the word "first" in his post, which implies awareness of subsequent lynch pardons, not for lacking a mastery of the tongue, which looks like this, by the way: :meany:
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:
juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:People should simply address what has been pointed at in regards to him being a Cylon and decide if it sounds genuine / plausible / etc. or not. You can stick with the Cain vibes just as much, if you like, but address actual suggestive statements made in the game first. My only gripe, as I've said before, is for it not to turn out to be yet another messy "Boomslang gambit".
I'm sorry but I don't understand what the Boomslang gambit is. Could you give a short explanation?
Boomslang barked for two or more phases at Long Con being 100% bad, harder than a trainer dog pointing at cocaine under truck wheels, and most of us considered it to have been a cop check. Not only was that inaccurate and LC flipped civ, but Boomslang was in fact a mere curser or some smaller role (don't recall) and he had done all based on gut. The mislynch repercussion was kinda dreadful for the civ game.
Lol. Omg I was dying when Boom flipped as the question curser or whatever and Long Con's ensuing response "Fuck you Boomslang" in dead red. Hahahahaha!
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

I wouldn't mind mastering the tongue. :PP
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Are there any subsequent lynch pardons? Why did Nutella and LoRab die, then? If there are, in fact, anything such as a subsequent lynch pardon, then it'd have to be a Ress Ship deal, which I believe has nothign to do with the Colon Amnesty Act.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

a2thezebra wrote:
Same here.

Then your both going to loose. Zebra you can't read me worth damn anyway and the only time you're right about me is when you are the mafia member. Then you accuse me of being mafia and try to lynch me.

Again a case beyond sig is bad lynch him or he didn't say he was a cylon lynch him would be nice. But, I doubt it will happen.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:Are there any subsequent lynch pardons? Why did Nutella and LoRab die, then? If there are, in fact, anything such as a subsequent lynch pardon, then it'd have to be a Ress Ship deal, which I believe has nothign to do with the Colon Amnesty Act.
Glad my shit's safe. :scared:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I am accusing Polo of using the word "first" in his post, which implies awareness of subsequent lynch pardons, not for lacking a mastery of the tongue, which looks like this, by the way: :meany:
And...how is that "not even close to the same thing" exactly? My point is that you have been known to voice suspicion - genuine or otherwise - of people based on wording and rhetoric. I'm not talking about what the implication leads to, I'm talking about where the implication comes from. I think you know that, too. Which reminds me...

Remember when I said to you that I personally think communication is more about understanding what others mean than meeting a proper standard? I think that's relevant now. I'm not sure if this is an act on your part, but if it's not then I don't think your slip accusation is going to get much support.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote:you know it is more likely that the baddies claimed first or came up with the idea. I know if I was mafia I'd have jumped on this claim thing right away AND THEN pushed a lynch on anyone who hadn't claimed. Which is what Polo is trying to do, he also last phase kept asking people what they thought of certain players and pushing a lynch, for these reasons I think he's mafia.

I'm also glad nobody addressed any of my points on zebra what does everyone think of her providing almost no content and just one liners throughout the game.

I'd rather live on my knees then die on my feet!...........hmmm that sounds like I messed up the quote. :ponder:

Well, since we could not say "null" in the GTH, and I totally did not think you were good and I had disagreed with most of what I recalled you as having said, I said bad. But your reaction to realizing that pretty much everyone suspected you was to totally backpedal on everything you had said the entire game. That took you from null bad to probably bad for me.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

All trouble aside, though, I'd like to say that I've been having a lot of fun in this game. Mafia is cool as frak and I should have started playing earlier.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

And...how is that "not even close to the same thing" exactly? My point is that you have been known to voice suspicion - genuine or otherwise - of people based on wording and rhetoric. I'm not talking about what the implication leads to, I'm talking about where the implication comes from. I think you know that, too. Which reminds me...

Remember when I said to you that I personally think communication is more about understanding what others mean than meeting a proper standard? I think that's relevant now. I'm not sure if this is an act on your part, but if it's not then I don't think your slip accusation is going to get much support.
My goal here is not about fostering communication. It's about tearing people's posts apart to find the slightest hint of their true intentions.

And if I was acting, thanks for raising that possibility as soon as you could.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Same here.

Then your both going to loose. Zebra you can't read me worth damn anyway and the only time you're right about me is when you are the mafia member. Then you accuse me of being mafia and try to lynch me.

Again a case beyond sig is bad lynch him or he didn't say he was a cylon lynch him would be nice. But, I doubt it will happen.
Just because I can't read you doesn't mean I'm not obligated to.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

My goal here is not about fostering communication. It's about tearing people's posts apart to find the slightest hint of their true intentions.

And if I was acting, thanks for raising that possibility as soon as you could.
It's not a possibility that I raised, it's a possibility that's already a given when playing with you at any given time.

I'm not saying that your top priority should be communication, I'm just saying that you're not going to find any hint (slight or otherwise) of anyone's true intentions if deliberate miscommunication is your tool of finding it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Does Polo know that?
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Goldama actual, please sortie the frak out of sector C$, thx.

Only five to go. I got to say, if they hadn't NKed Indi, we would have accomplished this mission by now.
*indiglowing*
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

C4, you mean?
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Um, that was meant to be sector C4...
*indiglowing*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

C-Money
Matt
Racketeer

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Three

Post by Matt »

I know Polo posted a list, but just wanted to post my updated list... (they might be the same, probably are, derp)...

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
sig
Sokoth
Vompatti

9 players. Is that correct? Someone said 7 earlier, so I don't know if I'm missing something somewhere...

Of the names above, I am most curious of the red. Oh, and OA. She def not civ, right?

Daisy, Sokoth seems to be a friend of yours. What do you make of him seeing you claim Cylon but he won't do it himself? As a noob to Mafia, I'd assume he'd look to your lead in situations like this where the town is conflicted.

sig - I'm not down with anyone not claiming but I find you most curious because you have been legit asking others to claim but you won't do it yourself. Wtf?

Anyway, off to work. Peace
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

To be clear, the above list is the list of non-claimers as of now.
Image Image Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Holy shit, Matt, thanks for the correction. For some reason I forgot DrWilgy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Zebra completely took any heat off Polo. Noted.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

S~V~S wrote:
sig wrote:you know it is more likely that the baddies claimed first or came up with the idea. I know if I was mafia I'd have jumped on this claim thing right away AND THEN pushed a lynch on anyone who hadn't claimed. Which is what Polo is trying to do, he also last phase kept asking people what they thought of certain players and pushing a lynch, for these reasons I think he's mafia.

Well, since we could not say "null" in the GTH, and I totally did not think you were good and I had disagreed with most of what I recalled you as having said, I said bad. But your reaction to realizing that pretty much everyone suspected you was to totally backpedal on everything you had said the entire game. That took you from null bad to probably bad for me.
I didn't backpedal on everything, I said I would claim if it stopped me from getting lynched and I saw sense in what Epi was saying. Of course that was the only two points ever put agaisnt me I guess. I still believe LC isn't helping the civs, I still think Zebra is mafia who isn't making many real posts. I have evolved on my views of Epi, but that was happening before people thought I was bad.
ImageImage
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epi, If you think I'm buddies with her, you're on the wrong track. I've stated previously that I think she's bad.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Matt wrote:I know Polo posted a list, but just wanted to post my updated list... (they might be the same, probably are, derp)...

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
sig
Sokoth
Vompatti

9 players. Is that correct? Someone said 7 earlier, so I don't know if I'm missing something somewhere...

Of the names above, I am most curious of the red. Oh, and OA. She def not civ, right?

Daisy, Sokoth seems to be a friend of yours. What do you make of him seeing you claim Cylon but he won't do it himself? As a noob to Mafia, I'd assume he'd look to your lead in situations like this where the town is conflicted.

sig - I'm not down with anyone not claiming but I find you most curious because you have been legit asking others to claim but you won't do it yourself. Wtf?

I said we should've made Epi claim in case our win cons won't change i didn't want anyone else to claim.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:
Matt wrote:I know Polo posted a list, but just wanted to post my updated list... (they might be the same, probably are, derp)...

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
sig
Sokoth
Vompatti

I said we should've made Epi claim in case our win cons won't change i didn't want anyone else to claim.
We should lynch you even if you're good just in case you turn bad.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Polo wrote:All trouble aside, though, I'd like to say that I've been having a lot of fun in this game. Mafia is cool as frak and I should have started playing earlier.
You come from PA right? You missed all the games Snow Dog used to play if you did.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Polo wrote:All trouble aside, though, I'd like to say that I've been having a lot of fun in this game. Mafia is cool as frak and I should have started playing earlier.
You come from PA right? You missed all the games Snow Dog used to play if you did.
Yup. The only one I played there was Avant Mafia 1, ages ago, and my next game was EST Mafia.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That was a fun game until MP killed us all
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Everyone has been modkilled. Golden and Dom win!

OK, not really. But I think it's the only way I'm going to get a win this year around here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

Return to “Previous Jobs”