[ENDGAME] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104

Re: [Day 3] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

Heheheh... DrWilgy outplayed the host...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

[Night 3] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Night 3: Fear March
Back to our main story regarding the potentially blameworthy Jay, the group, it has been written before, was now all reunited, save for the one or two members about which it has already been detailed, shouting over one another in regards to sig's accident, the desperate situation of these attacks or how Jay should be apprehended and his accomplices unveiled as well. There was no variation to this for several noisy minutes, nor was there any variation, it seemed, to Jay being found doubtful in his actions, especially in the eyes of Epignosis, who believed him to be crafting every possible excuse in the book, or G-Man, who felt proud to have disproved his claim of having had a peak at the prime suspect.

For what it's worth, Jay stood his ground and, in fact, offered to carry another VR experiment on himself, as to prove that he is a genuine patient. Epignosis argued that it was pointless to try the method anymore, given that one death was caused by real life injuries and neither people, so far, managed to cope with their fears inside the VR. Jay then tried to snatch the VR helmet that sig wore from the Host's hands, but was flanked and restricted by the men from the medical staff. With most of the others also becoming assured that Jay had to be the evildoer, their only fear was that his accomplices - two more, if the Host's information was to be trusted - would lose their restraint and attack them.

It was their relief, then, to hear the elevators doors open and witness of a police crew storming in, although they were equally puzzled, having no clue who among them had managed to call for help without having been noticed. It had to have happened not a long while ago, given that the policeman knew exactly at which floor to come - something that made the Host curious about, although it was all too trivial, really. The Police Chief introduced himself and started asking questions. Soon he was enlightened on everything that had happened in this experimental trap of a therapy gathering, which earned the Host a sharp look of distaste from the Chief, as to what exactly he was conducting here.

Everyone was hoping that the evidence would be enough to incriminate Jay, but the policeman decided to take it step by step and wanted to interrogate each one of them in private. Jay was still the first to be taken away, which prompted Epignosis, for instance, to just sit back and comfort Elohcin, inviting her to sit down and relax, believing it all to be over soon. Then, however, after only a quarter of an hour, Jay was brought back and others were called, one by one, which made Epignosis less content. When it appeared that it was Elohcin's turn, as the Chief walked towards her pointing with his finger, she stood up, only to have her wrists brusquely grabbed and handcuffed.

'You have the right to remain silent...' the Chief started reciting.
'Wh-What's happening?!' Elohcin shouted. Epignosis rose up alarmed, but was halted by one of the other officers.
'You are under arrest for the murder of Kendall Thornton, also known as Vompatti', the Chief decreed.
'What?! No!' Elohcin still couldn't believe her ears.
'What's the meaning of this!' Epignosis got angry, 'That's my wife, she didn't do anything!'
'Oh, I'm afraid she did', the Chief replied.
'What evidence do you have?' Elohcin struggled to release herself from the Chief's grip. 'I demand you present a case on me being guilty!' she added.
'There's no need, we just received precious intel on you', the Chief clarified, 'and it only confirmed what we knew already. We had you under surveillance for months.'
'This is an outrage', Epignosis continued to shout. 'My wife is not a criminal.'
'You wife is part of the Fear March movement, a crime organization that's been known to attack people and subject them to torture, based on profiling their greatest fears', the Chief clarified. 'She has been recruited for some time.'
'No, that's...' Epignosis seethed, 'Jay!' he suddenly turned at him. 'Is this your doing?!' But Jay was looking on without saying a word, just like all the rest of them.

Epignosis then started enough of a commotion with the officers to allow Elohcin to try once more to break away from arrest. But as she twisted and wrestled, almost succeed, an object of torture, similar to the one that was used on Vompatti, slipped from the inside of her trench coat and fell with a hollow bang on the floor. Everyone was speechless.

'Eloh... you...' Epignosis couldn't find his words no more. Elohcin was suddenly just looking away, resigned.
'I'm sorry', Elohcin murmured.
'Say it ain't so!' Epignosis started getting all melodramatic.
'I know it was supposed to be our anniversary and that I told you I needed this session to gain more confidence in myself, but... I had to do it; it's our mission' she got serious all of a sudden.
'It's better you don't say anything that will incri-' the Chief intervened.
'But how- since when?' Epignosis carried on.
'Ever since those nights out with the girls.' Elohcin answered.
'Those...' Epignosis struggled to understand. '...Wait'
'All those evenings', Elohcin continued. 'Playing Mall Madness or Bunco. It was all a pretext.'
'Eloh, no...' Epignosis's voice suddenly faded.

Shortly after Elohcin was taken away, Mrs. Julie showed the Host something remarkable. Her forms - Elohcin had never filled them with her own credentials, but with her husband's. She had not left any piece of information about her. She had it all covered up. And she would have probably gotten away with it too, if it weren't for-

Elohcin, fear unknown, has been lynched.
She was
Patient 13, paranoid mafia leader.
It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours to send me any relevant actions.
DrWilgy

Re: [Night 3] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

Good job throwing our teammate to the wolves Gman
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 457
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:)
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

None of that changes my opinion on G-Man.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:Heheheh... DrWilgy outplayed the host...
I wonder who will have the last laugh, though, Mr. 9 Posts on Day 3. :feb:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Heheheh... DrWilgy outplayed the host...
I wonder who will have the last laugh, though, Mr. 9 Posts on Day 3. :feb:
The poll technically ended by then. Regardless! I jave no fear!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TBH if anyone around here pulls that gambit, it's G-Man. He's that kind of player.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Quin »

With that confirmed, I request we lynch rabbit tomorrow.

Posting from uni. Hi. Bye.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just noticed Elohcin's full role was revealed in the OP:

"Receives a role card that informs her of her sanity and that one of her teammates may be plotting against her. Can secretly override the team's decision for a nightkill (by sending her own choice via PM to the Host) and can target any player whatsoever, but is restricted to one successful kill per faction."

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Spacedaisy »

per faction? :huh:

Does that sound concerning to anyone else?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think that's just the way it's worded. Elohcin could change her team's night kill secretly if she wanted, even to one of her team mates, but if she did so it would still count as the team's only night kill. That's my interpretation at least.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Spacedaisy »

Perhaps I am just understanding it differently.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote:Perhaps I am just understanding it differently.
I'm interpreting it the same way as you, but I believe my interpretation is wrong. I'm probably wrong. I'm usually wrong.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 56

Post by rabbit8 »

Quin wrote:With that confirmed, I request we lynch rabbit tomorrow.

Posting from uni. Hi. Bye.

Um, no.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

So... We lynch Gman next?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:So... We lynch Gman next?
Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 121

Post by G-Man »

BIH Eloh. Sorry to ruin your fun. Not.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:TBH if anyone around here pulls that gambit, it's G-Man. He's that kind of player.

3.01.N
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Theory: Scotty is the "mafia" team mate of Elohcin, and he registered as "independent" because he was the one that might betray her.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sorry if you're confused or spooked by some of the information, I have a long way towards perfecting my hosting and design wording. JJJ has the correct interpretation, regarding the issue brought up. If there are any other questions, let me know.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Theory: Scotty is the "mafia" team mate of Elohcin, and he registered as "independent" because he was the one that might betray her.
Him declining gman the way he did should result in a lynch.
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Seeeeeya Elo
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Theory: Scotty is the "mafia" team mate of Elohcin, and he registered as "independent" because he was the one that might betray her.
Not far fetched, but wrong.

the "factions" thing on Elo's role description sounds pretty clear cut to me as there being indies. I however, am not Mafia or indie as would be suggested.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:Seeeeeya Elo
Not far fetched, but wrong.

the "factions" thing on Elo's role description sounds pretty clear cut to me as there being indies. I however, am not Mafia or indie as would be suggested.
Oh yeah. Of course. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Less than two hours to go.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Barreling toward the night post and I'm stuck ISO'ing people still. :rolleyes: Going out on a limb, I'm willing to cross Epi, JJJ, and Quin off of my lists of potential baddies. That leaves me with six possible baddie team combos:

ELOHCIN-DrWilgy-rabbit
ELOHCIN-DrWilgy-SD
ELOHCIN-DrWilgy-SVS
ELOHCIN-rabbit-SD
ELOHCIN-rabbit-SVS
ELOHCIN-SD-SVS

3.02.N
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 60

Post by S~V~S »

You left yourself out.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [Night 2] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Gosh guys! Let's go for the people whose posts are "lacking" rather than those who are pretending to be good and failing remarkably at it!

:rolleyes:
You're wrong.... :nicenod:
Maybe TMI

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't see a situation where Eloh and G-Man are on the same team. Eloh's response to the infodump was very shocked and upset. It's not the sort of response you get when you premeditate a bus in BTSC.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't think there was anyone that might betray her. Her role says 'paranoid' after all.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
I don't think there was anyone that might betray her. Her role says 'paranoid' after all.
Could be. Seems like a bastard move by Rico though if she feels like she might to kill one of her team mates and there is no real threat. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
Could be. Seems like a bastard move by Rico though if she feels like she might to kill one of her team mates and there is no real threat. :p
:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Blasted ISO's didn't provide much clarity. :mad:

DrWilgy

Overall, I like his effort this game. The only reason I feel a slight ping his way is that he filled sig's shoes as the "He's not the cop!" guy. Maybe that was the plan to fill that void if they were wrong about sig when they killed him?

rabbit

He started out early suspicious of SVS and stayed what I consider to be tunnel-visioned on her for quite some time. He broadened his suspicions to include Quin but that didn't seem to last very long. Could it be a one-trick pony bus move that didn't pan out for him?

He said he was on the fence during the Epi-JJJ spat. A nice position to plant yourself in. Uncertain middleground sets you up for an uncertain vote but he didn't vote for JJJ when he had the chance. He voted for INH, which could look like an attempt to vote smart by voting away from uncertainty.

He didn't post for a very long time beginning early during Night 2 (Saturday) and his next post on the site wasn't until Monday (partway into Day 3). Very easily could have been reading without being logged in but it matches the gap theory timeline leading up to Polo's confusing death.

Spacedaisy

Day 1 she deflected a little by saying she wanted to know more about people's opinions of others rather than people's opinions of her. She aslo threw a light civ read at Eloh. In retrospect, it seems odd. At that time, I thought Eloh was playing a game that was too agreeable too early. I was right.

Also she got wordy when defending herself. Rather than drop a sentence, she seems to keep going. I don't know her meta well, but this is what's in my notes.

Beyond that, I have no notes on her.

SVS

She employed a clever trick that I emphasized in BSG- pointing out someone who appears (even slightly) to be basing their vote on someone else's thoughts in order to blame them when it puts them on a mislynch train. She also accuses me of coasting on an auto-suspicion. Which is it? Sure, the combination isn't ideal but we both told each other multiple times in BSG BTSC that we'd never trust each other again after working together the way we did.

That was early and she didn't feel like the same SVS who pushed and prodded me in Spirited Away. When I threw some shade her way she responded in a manner more congenial than normal. She likes to defend hard unless she's toying with someone. Rather than punching back, her words were more of a cock-the-head-raise-the-eyebrow-and-crack-a-subtle-smirk variety.

She was also absent from the thread during all of Night 2, which lines up with the surprising Polo kill. She's got real life issues with internet connectivity but sometimes that happens. She couldn't avoid leaving her teammates high and dry that night. I also maintain that she would have told them to watch out for Polo. Not necessarily kill him but to watch out for him. That, coupled with the fact that nobody suspected him really, could explain why he died when he did.

On Day 3, she finally starts jabbing at me by calling my peeks into question. Where was this at the beginning of Day 3? Curious.

I'm almost certain she is one of Eloh's teammates.

Leaves me with three combos:

ELOHCIN-DrWilgy-SVS
ELOHCIN-rabbit-SVS
ELOHCIN-SD-SVS

3.03.N
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote:Blasted ISO's didn't provide much clarity. :mad:

DrWilgy

Overall, I like his effort this game. The only reason I feel a slight ping his way is that he filled sig's shoes as the "He's not the cop!" guy. Maybe that was the plan to fill that void if they were wrong about sig when they killed him?

rabbit

He started out early suspicious of SVS and stayed what I consider to be tunnel-visioned on her for quite some time. He broadened his suspicions to include Quin but that didn't seem to last very long. Could it be a one-trick pony bus move that didn't pan out for him?

He said he was on the fence during the Epi-JJJ spat. A nice position to plant yourself in. Uncertain middleground sets you up for an uncertain vote but he didn't vote for JJJ when he had the chance. He voted for INH, which could look like an attempt to vote smart by voting away from uncertainty.

He didn't post for a very long time beginning early during Night 2 (Saturday) and his next post on the site wasn't until Monday (partway into Day 3). Very easily could have been reading without being logged in but it matches the gap theory timeline leading up to Polo's confusing death.

Spacedaisy

Day 1 she deflected a little by saying she wanted to know more about people's opinions of others rather than people's opinions of her. She aslo threw a light civ read at Eloh. In retrospect, it seems odd. At that time, I thought Eloh was playing a game that was too agreeable too early. I was right.

Also she got wordy when defending herself. Rather than drop a sentence, she seems to keep going. I don't know her meta well, but this is what's in my notes.

Beyond that, I have no notes on her.

SVS

She employed a clever trick that I emphasized in BSG- pointing out someone who appears (even slightly) to be basing their vote on someone else's thoughts in order to blame them when it puts them on a mislynch train. She also accuses me of coasting on an auto-suspicion. Which is it? Sure, the combination isn't ideal but we both told each other multiple times in BSG BTSC that we'd never trust each other again after working together the way we did.

That was early and she didn't feel like the same SVS who pushed and prodded me in Spirited Away. When I threw some shade her way she responded in a manner more congenial than normal. She likes to defend hard unless she's toying with someone. Rather than punching back, her words were more of a cock-the-head-raise-the-eyebrow-and-crack-a-subtle-smirk variety.

She was also absent from the thread during all of Night 2, which lines up with the surprising Polo kill. She's got real life issues with internet connectivity but sometimes that happens. She couldn't avoid leaving her teammates high and dry that night. I also maintain that she would have told them to watch out for Polo. Not necessarily kill him but to watch out for him. That, coupled with the fact that nobody suspected him really, could explain why he died when he did.

On Day 3, she finally starts jabbing at me by calling my peeks into question. Where was this at the beginning of Day 3? Curious.

I'm almost certain she is one of Eloh's teammates.

Leaves me with three combos:

ELOHCIN-DrWilgy-SVS
ELOHCIN-rabbit-SVS
ELOHCIN-SD-SVS

3.03.N
It's the second one.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In case I die in the next minute: don't actually lynch G-Man. That would be super dumb.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

[Day 4] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Day 4: Nocturne
Everyone was taken to the police station, including the Host. It was also decided that they would all be detained for the night, without any exceptions. Despite the fact that Elohcin was apparently such a notorious figure, suspected for so long by the police, none of the other people from the group were successfully identified to be her accomplices from the Fear organization; none of them had even a spot of a criminal record, in fact, at least not in the database. If it was true that Elohcin was scheming with two more underlings, it seemed they were mere recruited peons, able so far to camouflage themselves with the rest of the entourage. Everyone was acting confused, stressed, weary and angry at the same time. They were further vexed to find out there would be coupled in several holding cells, due to the fact that there were not enough such cells for individual solitary.

'You have no right to do this!' SVS bellowed, 'And my goodness, another place, another small space to be trapped within. What are the odds lol.'
'What if I end up with one of the other mafiosos and he decides to do away with me for pleasure?' Quin got nervous.

To which the Chief tried to assure them, as best as he could, that he'd have one of his men, namely Lt. Sock, guard them during the dark hours. The Lieutenant muttered to himself during this, saying it felt like old times. Epignosis was placed in a cell with the Host, something they both found unpleasant. The former was oscillating between bouts of feeling jaded and desponded or of bursting in anger. He kept cursing Jay and finding him as guilty as ever, plus even went as far as to bedamn the person who allegedly provided the intel about Elohcin, whoever that person may have been - which the others, that were able to hear him, from their own cells, wondered whether he had gone barking mad or was cracking under pressure.

Alas, the Chief had receiving new signals and left in a hurry, meaning that any further questioning of the people in the group had been called off for now. Many gradually let boredom and tiredness take over them and fell asleep. A torrential rainstorm started outside, bashing against the windows. The lieutenant in charge did not prove too consistent in his watch, after all, being distracted by a late rerun of an episode of Psych. Finally, after an hour or so, the people were either snapped from their nocturnal daze or woken up by the Chief storming back into the station and announcing there has been another victim.

'Oh no!' Spacedaisy shrieked.
'Is it related to these crimes?' Jay inquired.
'I told you they'd murder us inside these rat cages! I told you!' Quin jumped in with the verdict.

It turned out, however, that nothing of that sort had happened. Everyone was taken outside of their cells, all of them still alive and well, and they were guided outside the police station, where, on the steps, a body had been dumped, wrapped up in a bag, in front of the building, with a note attached saying "Courtesy of Fear March". The young man inside had his head split half open from what appeared to be a machete or cleaver of some kind.

'Isn't this the guy who fled from the medical ward, back then at the Center', Epignosis asked.
'I think so', Scotty assumed.
'Judging from the rigor mortis, he died an hour or so ago', the Chief explained.
'Oh', a few shortly acknowledged the information.
'You sound almost disappointed by this', the Chief raised his eyebrow.

Whether it was out of cynicism or feeling too terrorized at every step of the way, it was nonetheless true. They were clearly expecting something else.

No one has been killed.
It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:In case I die in the next minute: don't actually lynch G-Man. That would be super dumb.
Thank god. I was thinking 'maybe we aren't so alike after all'

linki: noice
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [Day 4] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man, what is your immediate reaction to this?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also, dat peek. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Well you know where my vote is going.

---

I have a dilemma.

There is a paranoid mafia with a redirect ability, we know this.
There is a cop, we can surmise this.
We have a indie that would assumedly have some ability. We can surmise this.
We also have an ability that can stop a night kill.

Four abilities in a setup for three.

My conclusion: Scotty isn't indie, and G-Man is insane/paranoid/whatever.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:My conclusion: Scotty isn't indie, and G-Man is insane/paranoid/whatever.
We may define those terms differently, but:

G-Man can't be a paranoid cop, because his INH result wasn't red.

G-Man can't be an insane cop because he was correct about Elohcin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Maybe we'll know more with today's new peek.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:My conclusion: Scotty isn't indie, and G-Man is insane/paranoid/whatever.
We may define those terms differently, but:

G-Man can't be a paranoid cop, because his INH result wasn't red.

G-Man can't be an insane cop because he was correct about Elohcin.
I haven't played with them in a long time so I don't know which it is. I'm saying that I think his peeks are random.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Perhaps. It'd kind of fit in with the theme and Elohcin's fear-related role.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:G-Man, what is your immediate reaction to this?
Bastardos! I was blocked. I finally get around to checking SVS and I'm blocked.

This looks horrible on me. No kill and one of you knows you blocked me. My only guesses are:

1) The baddies have a blocking role and abstained from killing

2) The baddies abstained from killing and the civ blocker doesn't trust me

Neither one is easy to swallow, so I'll leave my fate to you guys to decide.
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:

This looks horrible on me. No kill and one of you knows you blocked me. My only guesses are:

There aren't enough roles for that, sir.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:

There aren't enough roles for that, sir.
Beats me then.

My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

1. Cop (sanity unknown)
2. Mafia re director
3. Indie (role unknown)
4. Night kill stopper (doctor, roleblocker, etc)
5. A second roleblocker, or one roleblocker that can block twice in one night.

:|

Ricochet. This game does fit within the heist guidelines, right? :P
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

No, a jailer. A JAILER! HUZZAH!
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Oshit. I just realised I wasn't keeping check of my post count for the last phase or two.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:Beats me then.
Possibilities that I can readily identify:

~ There are three non-vanilla roles in this game: cop, roleblocker, paranoid mafia leader. The roleblocker can belong to either faction. This would suit one of the scenarios you mentioned, but it doesn't explain Scotty as an independent. The roleblocker could have either prevented your cop peek or your night kill.

~ Baddie kill abstinence, meant to smear G-Man in a last-ditch effort to turn around a game collapsing over them. The roleblock can still come from either side. Scotty not accounted for.

~ Doctor protection on G-Man and a roleblocker. Too many roles, Scotty still unaccounted for.

~ G-Man himself abstained from a kill and prepared this explanation ahead of time.

---

G-Man: how do you know you were blocked?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”