Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by Dom »

Nutella
DFaraday
boomslang

glorfindel

turnip head
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm gonna go on a bus travel now wgich means I'll have a lot of free time but also really bad internet signal.

I think my votes are decided. Bomms and Russ.
Dunny
Posts in topic: 23

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by Dunny »

Hey guys, im sorry I had a couple hospital appointments for tests and stuff so have been reading stuff

At this moment I am still inclined to vote for Russ (I am going to be a tad of a hypocrit here)
The way he just popped up and voted and left without mentioning anything (i could be mistaken as i cant remember if i read anything after my last post but will go back in a moment.)
And i may vote for either DP for a very weak same reason as above that i quoted in my second to last post, MP to give him what he wants or myself because I dont know where else to look, minus everyone elses cases I dont really have much feeling towards anyone :/

What does ISO actually stand for? Because im just taking it as a case against someone
MacDougall wrote:I too am pinged by bwt. He posts short replies like a lazy scared mafioso. Not even referring to his self vote which is more or less null.

After reading further I am thinking of voting Dunny and Bass. Dunny's dropped lip reply to my last post didn't do much for me at all. Arguing that my continued suspicion is wrong simply because timr has passed. You go squish now. Bass wants to duel... and tbh he tone reads bad.

Not keen on lynching TH. Seems like a weak framejob. Probably concocted by Evil Marmot Wifombot.

Also we should lynch Darth Sloonei if y'all know what's good for you. Sloonei is always bad is so right it is a scientific law.
I didnt say it was wrong (although it is because i am a civ dude) i said it was weak. But if you wanna keep voting me thats fine
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 1]

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sorsha wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Dom is making me laugh so I'm not voting for him.

I think I'm going to vote for two of the prefects. Jimmy, Scotty, INH... See who's the toughest.
I'm somewhat puzzled by this post of yours, Sorsha. You made this statement five hours out from EoD 1. You then proceeded to engage with (some might even say, 'antagonise') two of your potential nominees (Scotty and 3J) for the next half hour before leaving, saying that you intended to return but never did :shrug: I'm just wondering, did you change your mind? You seemed rather adamant to me - if there was some doubt about you returning before the deadline, why did you not cast your vote when you had the chance?
I had places to go and things to do.... I thought I'd be back to vote and intended on voting but I don't know who I would have voted for. Scotty wasn't one of the prefects I'd have voted for so I probably would have voted to save him from the duel, not that he needed it apparently. I don't know if I'd have voted for prefects at all, I wanted to see whose feathers got ruffled, it does irk me a bit that INH promised to be an active player if he was prefect an he has now vanished.
I've been trying to get a bead on people in the game, so I've been jumping into a few randomly chosen ISO's because frankly there is no way I can catch up on the whole thread. Sorsha, did you ever explain why you would not have voted Scotty. That gives me the impression you trusted him more than the other two prefects. DO you trust him now?

linki: ISO is reading a player's posts in isolation.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm leaving for a camping trip soon. I'll be back on Wednesday. Peace!
Oh hey Scotty, I posted this at the beginning.

And to be fair, I probably wouldn't have contributed, even if I was around.
Ah, I missed that. Unfortunately, your input since you've been back is going exactly how you admit it would go.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, my rainbow list looks something like this:

S~V~S
Turnip Head
MovingPictures07

Stay tuned for more.
Stay tuned for more...more what? Beer? Spears? Aneurysms?
What does the blue represent? Why do you suspect MP? Why anything? Why do I keep expecting you to expand upon your thoughts, knowing full well you're just gonna derp around them? Isn't that tbe definition of insanity?

You can't just post colorful words and not talk about them. Here's my rainbow list using your method:
Stalin
The Yuan Dynasty
Andy Richter
Crab People

Stay tuned for more.
Scotty, this post has me all kinds of uncomfortable. MM posted a list of three reads. He listed them in the normal way for a rainbow list. Top are most civ and bottom are most baddie, and they were normal colors. You were quite over the top in your response to it. The only thing that gives me pause is MM's flip. I realize that MM's list was bullsuit, but if you had come in saying, hey can you explain why you put SVS as your civ read or why you think MP is bad, that would be a response I could understand. But instead you act like you didn't know how to read a rainbow list. Which is just silliness, they have been around long for you to know how to read them.

On that note, I have to stop where I am. I've got to go to work shortly. I'll try to vote before I leave or from my phone at work, I don't know.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 2]

Post by Spacedaisy »

Scotty wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Bubbles and MM's votes smell the fishiest to me. I want to go back and investigate those.

Scotty my man, I'm sorry I ever doubted you. You are the hero we need. Please be my sensei.
So I was gonna say this wasn't true and Scotty could still be a Yellow Turban, but then I realized he would've likely lost his duel had he been. So I'm prepared to give Scotty some civ cred barring evidence to the contrary.
Who's to say I'm not on Wilgy's team? I mean, I'm not, but why exclude that as a possibility?

I appreciate the civ label because I am, but your defense of me is slightly hollow.

I could also be anything, and just rolled better than Wilgy, so this argument is not the best way to guard my alignment.
Just got to this post and it makes me feel a lot better about you. This game... meh
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well, I took time to read Boomslang before I leave and I get a civ vibe there. I would even venture so far to say I trust him atm.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Spacedaisy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm leaving for a camping trip soon. I'll be back on Wednesday. Peace!
Oh hey Scotty, I posted this at the beginning.

And to be fair, I probably wouldn't have contributed, even if I was around.
Ah, I missed that. Unfortunately, your input since you've been back is going exactly how you admit it would go.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, my rainbow list looks something like this:

S~V~S
Turnip Head
MovingPictures07

Stay tuned for more.
Stay tuned for more...more what? Beer? Spears? Aneurysms?
What does the blue represent? Why do you suspect MP? Why anything? Why do I keep expecting you to expand upon your thoughts, knowing full well you're just gonna derp around them? Isn't that tbe definition of insanity?

You can't just post colorful words and not talk about them. Here's my rainbow list using your method:
Stalin
The Yuan Dynasty
Andy Richter
Crab People

Stay tuned for more.
Scotty, this post has me all kinds of uncomfortable. MM posted a list of three reads. He listed them in the normal way for a rainbow list. Top are most civ and bottom are most baddie, and they were normal colors. You were quite over the top in your response to it. The only thing that gives me pause is MM's flip. I realize that MM's list was bullsuit, but if you had come in saying, hey can you explain why you put SVS as your civ read or why you think MP is bad, that would be a response I could understand. But instead you act like you didn't know how to read a rainbow list. Which is just silliness, they have been around long for you to know how to read them.

On that note, I have to stop where I am. I've got to go to work shortly. I'll try to vote before I leave or from my phone at work, I don't know.
MM's rainbow list was a joke one too. He basically listed all three site admins.

Btw Daisy, what do you think about MP in this game?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I said this earlier in this game, but, anyone who played Turf Wars should know that the civilians can uncover a baddie early on in the game and then derail the entire rest of the game by overanalyzing and coming to false conclusions. They continuously went after people who had strong stances on the CFD that doomed RadicalFuzz. But all 4 of his teammates weren't there for any of the CFD discussion and some of them even missed the vote.

But go ahead though, DDL, vote for me. I want to duel anyway. :beer:
I have no memory of this, be quiet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DDL, I read on and found another post by Scotty that put my concerns to rest.

Regarding MP, I have not read the thread and what I have read is spotty, outside of the very few ISOs I've done. MP tends to be a high poster and I have not read his yet. He's always polarizing. And I imagine he has been all over the place judging by how he has been irl. He's pretty stressed right now, and that is putting it mildly. So without knowing his in game content I would say I don't have a read either way yet. I can try reading his ISO once I get back from work, during the night phase.

Now for real I have to go, lol.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:My first guess is that the sockpuppet is one of those things where they gain power when people quote them. I'm going to stay away for now :scared:
This is a weird assumption, folks. Why did your head go there immediately?

Is it because you know there is one?
Yeah Dom, that's it! :haha:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also one think I just noticed: for all the meta talk about how Mac likes to pressure people and play aggressively, I don't recall seeing him do that since day 1. It's like he just attacked people enough to make people say "yep, that's the Mac we all know" then got satisfied and slipped into the shadows.
I agree. I think Mac is phoning it in atm.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Lorab is playing the same way as in Watchmen, where she was twn. I like it.

Btw, since you guys were wondering, that's the game she played with Sloonei. I remember because I helped lynch you both :beer
I was only in this game for a day because I was awful and got deservedly lynched. I have little memory of it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Dom is making me laugh so I'm not voting for him.

I think I'm going to vote for two of the prefects. Jimmy, Scotty, INH... See who's the toughest.
I'm somewhat puzzled by this post of yours, Sorsha. You made this statement five hours out from EoD 1. You then proceeded to engage with (some might even say, 'antagonise') two of your potential nominees (Scotty and 3J) for the next half hour before leaving, saying that you intended to return but never did :shrug: I'm just wondering, did you change your mind? You seemed rather adamant to me - if there was some doubt about you returning before the deadline, why did you not cast your vote when you had the chance?
I had places to go and things to do.... I thought I'd be back to vote and intended on voting but I don't know who I would have voted for. Scotty wasn't one of the prefects I'd have voted for so I probably would have voted to save him from the duel, not that he needed it apparently. I don't know if I'd have voted for prefects at all, I wanted to see whose feathers got ruffled, it does irk me a bit that INH promised to be an active player if he was prefect an he has now vanished.
I've been trying to get a bead on people in the game, so I've been jumping into a few randomly chosen ISO's because frankly there is no way I can catch up on the whole thread. Sorsha, did you ever explain why you would not have voted Scotty. That gives me the impression you trusted him more than the other two prefects. DO you trust him now?

linki: ISO is reading a player's posts in isolation.
I liked his reaction better than jjj's. He was kinda like "meh," jjj seemed to overreact imo. I trust Scotty more than some others.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Today is "throw Sloonei's shameful defeats onto his face" day
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm caught up on the events of today but I have to leave for work in a little over an hour, so I don't have much time to sort things out today. There's also still only a small handful of players that I have any sort of read on, so my list of vote options is fairly short at the moment. I think CapsFan will be getting one of them. His participation has been scant, but I've sensed a nervous sort of energy in a lot of his posts that doesn't really fit with a townie mindset.

I also still have some doubts about Glorfindel. His reaction to my initial accusation betrayed a bit of over-eager defensiveness. His comment about my accusations "making things easier for scum" or whatever really did not sit well with me, and I'm still not liking it. He's recovered a bit in his self-defense, but not enough to shake my initial read.

Russtinko is a dark horse candidate, but he's said absolutely nothing since I got here so I'm struggling to substantiate a vote for him right now. I may do it anyway.

Then there's a long list of players I'd need to read more in depth but don't have time to do so. Nutella, LoRab, Dom, Boomslang, etc. I have a vague town read on Nutella, but other people are saying the opposite (emphasis on vague. I've seen no detailed case against her, just comments about how she seems "dishonest"). LoRab looks good in their case against Glorfindel, but not the one against TH. That one looks like reaching and manipulation of the true details. I've not made up my mind on whether or not I think that comes from a place of dishonesty though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Today is "throw Sloonei's shameful defeats onto his face" day
There was also Arrested Development, where I got lynched Day 1 as a vanilla townie, then got brought back to replace a scum player and lost the game two days later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Ricochet »

Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Today is "throw Sloonei's shameful defeats onto his face" day
There was also Arrested Development, where I got lynched Day 1 as a vanilla townie, then got brought back to replace a scum player and lost the game two days later.
:grin:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Voted CapsFan and Glorfindel. I think I've already explained my reasons well enough. I won't be able to answer any questions or engage in any follow up discussion as I'll be at work until after the deadline.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't think Glorfindel is the way to go. I'll probably be voting for Mac and Bass. Bass's activity definitely dropped off after the first Day or so, so now I'm concerned about him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I need just ONE more person for the fantasy football league. Otherwise I have to tell one person they can't play, and I don't want to do that :why: plz sign up k thx
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't think Glorfindel is the way to go. I'll probably be voting for Mac and Bass. Bass's activity definitely dropped off after the first Day or so, so now I'm concerned about him.
How familiar are you with Glorfindel, and what do you make of his reaction when I first accused him early in the day?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:And I need just ONE more person for the fantasy football league. Otherwise I have to tell one person they can't play, and I don't want to do that :why: plz sign up k thx
I would but I have not followed football outside the Patriots for years and I'll be at work during the draft. Can I just autodraft the entire Patriots roster? It's not like anyone else wants any of them anyway!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I am by no means an expert on the subject of Glorfindel. I've thought before that I could read him and I was the driving force in mislynching him. That is my one experience playing with him.

And so I don't know how to explain it, but he feels sincere to me here.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And no Sloonei, you absolutely cannot do that, you ignorant slut. I'm not running a circus here. Fantasy football is srs bsns.

I would however allow someone to draft a team and then hand it over to someone who DOES want to play, or just give it to Sockface :P . We can always work out the details of that later. At the very least I just need someone who can draft.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:And no Sloonei, you absolutely cannot do that, you ignorant slut. I'm not running a circus here. Fantasy football is srs bsns.

I would however allow someone to draft a team and then hand it over to someone who DOES want to play, or just give it to Sockface :P . We can always work out the details of that later. At the very least I just need someone who can draft.
I am not someone who can draft :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dunny
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Dunny »

Im going to vote for Russ and I am going to go with DP, for earliwr reasons and just popping up and then disappearing again without any explanation of the votes.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote:I am by no means an expert on the subject of Glorfindel. I've thought before that I could read him and I was the driving force in mislynching him. That is my one experience playing with him.

And so I don't know how to explain it, but he feels sincere to me here.
We all have been there before. Ive once made a huge ISO post where I concluded he was a civ beyond any doubt.

Then a few days later I had a chance to kill a player abd I killed him.

Something about him makes you want him dead. It's like Sig.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dom wrote:
nutella wrote:I am of course aware of all of those posts. None of them, however, except for that one that was already brought up, actually advocate for the lynching of low posters. He repeatedly discusses the odds of one of the teams being inactive, which I guess you could say implies that he thinks it would be a good idea to go after inactives, but only once does he say it outright, and he never really follows up on it. I guess you and I interpreted his posts differently, but to me, advocating for lynching low posters is a very different thing from stating observations about mechanics and numbers in the game.
Semantics. Sad ! You are bad !
I don't see what's bad about explaining my reasoning.
Dom wrote:
nutella wrote:Also, lack of precedence does not mean lack of probability. There's probably a fancy logical fallacy term for that but idgaf. Just because you've never seen an inactive mafia team before doesn't mean it couldn't happen, especially considering the Yellow Turban team only consists of three players, and this game has WAY more than three inactive players. They only killed once, and it was on SVS, an inactive player -- perhaps if nobody in the team had been paying attention they wouldn't know SVS hadn't been participating and just picked her to get rid of. Idk, I just think Glorfindel's lines of thinking are not entirely unreasonable :shrug:
You are not wrong in that.

However, I find the probability to be very low. Hostin' Epi does not randomize roles. He cherry picks roles-- or has int he past. I doubt he'd put all people he suspects might be no-shows as his baddie teams. And he didn't. MM and Wilgy are not no-shows.

So your ignoring the facts is troublesome. Very troublesome. We need a better leader than that.
I am not ignoring any facts. Everything I said there is based on facts and probability, and I never actually said I believe the YTs are inactive, I just said it was possible and defended Glorfindel's reasoning for it. As for Epi cherry-picking teams, I acknowledged that when Golden pointed it out, and yes, it probably does make Glorfindel's conclusion even less likely. He probably didn't know that or take it into account originally, so again, as I said, based on probability his line of thinking was not unreasonable. That is all I have said. Show me where I have "ignored facts."
Dom wrote:
nutella wrote:Rare for the two of us to be so at odds, though -- we so often think alike as civs. Perhaps we have drifted apart :(
Bad ! Manipulating with emotion. Guilt. Bad !
Really?? No. That was just an observation I had. It felt weird arguing with Lorab, because I don't suspect her. This post may as well have been in OT green as it was an observation of our history. Not emotional manipulation.

5 hours to go and I still have no idea who I'm going to vote for. Russ is still a possibility, but like Sloonei said it feels a little weird throwing a vote on him for no substantial reason other than he hasn't defended. I don't really feel super strongly about Sorsha. I could see voting for TheCapsFan, he was oddly active for a very brief period and yet within those few posts made some pretty bizarre statements and contradictions iirc -- I might look back at that. The recent talk of Boomslang has me thinking; thus far I haven't really considered him/I've had a slight civ read on him. Might ISO there.
Not really feeling confident about any suspicions today. Hoping the best for the lynch :scared:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella what do you think about Mac or Bass?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Likely places for my vote today...

Soneji, BWT, bass, simon (someone raised a good point about simon a while back... i think he could well be a MM/Wilgy teammate).

Also starting to wonder about LoRab.

Will vote the suicidal moron if its what he really wants.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorry. Only on for a few quick moments. Was working this morning and now off to drive 5 hours to go camping this week. Oh, also, I'm going to be camping this week, so ability to check and check in will be limited. I should have some access, but sporadic at best. Anyway, need to vote now because I'm not sure where I'll be when the lynch closes. Voting TH and Glorf. I'm not fully confident about either of them, as they are both good defenders. But they are my top 2 suspects.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DP is another option for me.

I really don't like LoRab's laser focus. She seems particularly undeterred. I can see I'm going to have to use my vote in defence of Glorfindel.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Turnip Head wrote:nutella what do you think about Mac or Bass?
:shrug: No idea, really. I had an okay vibe from Bass early on but he hasn't been around a ton, and that seems pretty normal for him but could go either way alignment-wise. Mac, I really don't know how to tell. Tbh I haven't noticed him very much, he seems to come in and give his two cents or point out a couple things/people he finds suspicious -- he accused me of sounding "fake" a couple times without much explanation. Someone who knows his meta better than I do said something along the lines of his style being aggressive(? was that the word they used?) and that he looked more or less his usual self, but I don't know, I've barely noticed him this game despite a decent post count. I'll ISO him right now because I'm curious now.

linki @ Golden -- I agree with you about Glorfindel. Again, I think Lorab is probably civ but I haven't liked or agreed with her tunneling lately. At the very beginning of the phase I thought I would be looking at TH and Glorfindel, but I kept an open mind and right now they're actually two of my civviest reads.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote:but I kept an open mind.
Exactly.

I had a pretty strong civ read on LoRab coming in to today but it's that she is the opposite to this that I don't much like. TH and glorfindel, and others talking about them, I think have made good points, that I think would at least make people question those reads, but it doesn't really feel as though LoRab has had much time for doubt.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella wrote:Mac, I really don't know how to tell. Tbh I haven't noticed him very much, he seems to come in and give his two cents or point out a couple things/people he finds suspicious -- he accused me of sounding "fake" a couple times without much explanation. Someone who knows his meta better than I do said something along the lines of his style being aggressive(? was that the word they used?) and that he looked more or less his usual self, but I don't know, I've barely noticed him this game despite a decent post count. I'll ISO him right now because I'm curious now.
I think that's my main vibe re: Mac this game. He doesn't seem as conversational as I'm used to seeing him. He sort of just dips in and out and doesn't stir up too much trouble.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Looks like Mac was absent for Day 0 and missed the prefect vote. Day 1, Mac goes after MP for his town-read list. Talks some mechanics with JJJ, supports dueling two suspects. Voted for Wilgy and JJJ because he "wanted to see them duel." Mostly looks good so far.

Day 2 he says he thinks Dom is civ, questions Glorfindel a little, votes for Dunny (because he disappeared and I guess never responded to something Mac said to him on d1) and for Russ (says he "feels neg" on him, but doesn't seem to have mentioned him at all until the vote post). Says he doesn't think MM is a good candidate because he doesn't trust the wilgy wifom reasoning, and he defends his use of meta. His reaction to the lynch result is "Wilgy's wifom wankery ftl." Looking a little less than perfect from this lynch -- my main question is his Russ vote, which he doesn't really give much reasoning for. But he was only the second to vote for Russ (after DDL), and MM had 5 votes at the time and Dom 3, so probably not a save attempt unless he was hoping to pick up the Russ train. Still think he looks alright.

Day 3. Brings out a theory against Simon, but does nothing with it afterward. Says Glorfindel's post about MM not voting for timmer is a good point. Says he's pinged by bwt, and thinking of voting for Dunny (for a response to him) and Bass (for wanting to duel and mac reads his tone as bad). He actually votes for Timmer and BWT. Is anti- lynching TH because he thinks it's a framejob/weak wifom reasoning, and jokes(?) that Sloonei is always bad. He's "intrigued" by the sorsha wagon.
So a little all over the place on Day 3. Nothing incriminating, still, just all over the place. Like it kind of felt like all of his posts were about different things/people, except for continuing to trust Dom and insisting that TH couldn't be MM's teammate.

Day 4 - he makes fun of the messenger role, still doesn't understand votes on Sorsha, calls me "fake," says he doesn't suspect Glorf, says he has some concerns about BWT, Bass, and Dunny, and that he'll try to make more of a case but nothing since then -- he hasn't posted for over 36 hours.

And that's that. Overall I'm feeling fairly neutral about him still. :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

Boomslang wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Just another observation here...

As I understand it, part of the case that brought MM undone was his inconsistency in voting for Dr Wilgy for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted to have him duel on Day 1 - is that correct? I note that another player did a similar thing in that Boomslang voted MM for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted him for the dueling ring on Day 1.

The vote for MM's prefecture was mid-poll (i.e. 39th out of 62) so it wasn't really influential and it was MM's only vote for Prefect. I'm not sure what this says but personally, I didn't vote anyone for Prefect about whom I had doubts :shrug:
Well, if you're not sure what it says, what do you think it says? Or is this one of those baddie "let's plant a seed without actually taking sides and hope it grows into a mighty lynching tree" moves?
My friend, I am not accusing you. All I've done here is made a measured, non-accusatory observation based on YOUR actions - as is my job in this game (or so I am continually being told). Your defensive reaction above is not helping. I said I didn't know what conclusion to draw from your actions so instead of your thinly veiled OMGUS, maybe you care to indulge me by explaining your actions? Thank you.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Checking in from work just to say what about CapsFan?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Not sure whom that's directed at, but I just reread his posts and am finding him pretty genuine actually. Just would like some more participation.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

Voting DFaraday and Nutella.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

Russ and Bass.
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Simon »

I'm going to go against MovingPictures.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

I'll be giving one of my votes to Russ. Not sure on the second one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

My own fantasy football draft is coming up in a bit here, so I should vote as well. I continue to like nutella's defenses, and I think voting that way is wrong. I think I'm going to put a vote on DDL and see where that leads. The host post, combined with his manipulative observations about TH and me, give me enough suspicious to take him seriously. For the other vote... let's go with Caps, who has slipped back under the radar today. Perhaps he doesn't feel as confident about his duel chances now, for whatever reason.
Glorfindel wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

As I understand it, part of the case that brought MM undone was his inconsistency in voting for Dr Wilgy for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted to have him duel on Day 1 - is that correct? I note that another player did a similar thing in that Boomslang voted MM for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted him for the dueling ring on Day 1.

The vote for MM's prefecture was mid-poll (i.e. 39th out of 62) so it wasn't really influential and it was MM's only vote for Prefect. I'm not sure what this says but personally, I didn't vote anyone for Prefect about whom I had doubts :shrug:
Well, if you're not sure what it says, what do you think it says? Or is this one of those baddie "let's plant a seed without actually taking sides and hope it grows into a mighty lynching tree" moves?
My friend, I am not accusing you. All I've done here is made a measured, non-accusatory observation based on YOUR actions - as is my job in this game (or so I am continually being told). Your defensive reaction above is not helping. I said I didn't know what conclusion to draw from your actions so instead of your thinly veiled OMGUS, maybe you care to indulge me by explaining your actions? Thank you.
I explained my actions in the thread. I voted MM for prefect because he got me into the game, and I voted for him to duel because he requested to do so and it was Day 1. The two votes were made with different levels of information. If he had actually been elected prefect, I may not have voted him to duel.

And don't play innocent with me. You know as well as I do that every post in a game of mafia has a purpose. "Personally, I didn't vote anyone for Prefect about whom I had doubts" suggests, however slyly, that my own actions weren't entirely forthright. My "defensive reaction" is trying to get you to admit that purpose in your post.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Boom, why does the messenger post add to your suspicion of DDL? I'm pretty sure that role is just posting opinions without any basis in info, so why put much stock in it? I think all it tells us is (a) DDL does not have that specific civ role and (b) whoever does have that role doesn't trust him for some unexplained reason.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I went with Mac and Bass.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Boomslang wrote:My own fantasy football draft is coming up in a bit here, so I should vote as well. I continue to like nutella's defenses, and I think voting that way is wrong. I think I'm going to put a vote on DDL and see where that leads. The host post, combined with his manipulative observations about TH and me, give me enough suspicious to take him seriously. For the other vote... let's go with Caps, who has slipped back under the radar today. Perhaps he doesn't feel as confident about his duel chances now, for whatever reason.
Glorfindel wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

I explained my actions in the thread. I voted MM for prefect because he got me into the game, and I voted for him to duel because he requested to do so and it was Day 1. The two votes were made with different levels of information. If he had actually been elected prefect, I may not have voted him to duel.

And don't play innocent with me. You know as well as I do that every post in a game of mafia has a purpose. "Personally, I didn't vote anyone for Prefect about whom I had doubts" suggests, however slyly, that my own actions weren't entirely forthright. My "defensive reaction" is trying to get you to admit that purpose in your post.
Thank you, my friend for answering my enquiry. I was aware that you'd said that you voted for MM for Prefect because he'd invited you into the game but I must've missed the bit where you explained your vote for him on Day 1. I'm sorry that you feel there was any malice in my asking that question of you - irrespective of how you interpreted my question, there was not.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dom wrote:Nutella
DFaraday
boomslang

glorfindel

turnip head
I find it quite bizarre Dom that your reads of your best choices for Mafia align so closely with my strongest Town reads :ponder:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

^

Return to “Previous Jobs”