Total votes: 0
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel, how do you feel about MacDougall now that he has provided a number of posts?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Neil Hartley is a man of action. I'm going to let you all know how I feel, because feeling it everything in my line of work baby. Don't you worry about the exact order, just look at the tiers.

Dom
S~V~S

Epignosis
insertnamehere
MacDougall
LoRab
Ricochet
Sloonei

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

a2thezebra
Glorfindel
motel room
MovingPictures07
Scotty
sprityo

Elohcin
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Motel Room surely has not done enough to turn orange, has he?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:Motel Room surely has not done enough to turn orange, has he?
He has been here on Day 1 unlike the yellow people. He didn't do anything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Elohcin-Ricochet-Dom-???

I'm operating on that theory right now.
How does MP look?
Forced. But that isn't enough for me. He always looks forced to me.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy m8.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

So I can't have my policy lynch for once, got it. :rolleyes: Glad it's been a non-issue in the past when players pull it for truly shallow/salty reasons, but when I do it out of principle and self-prez, stop the presses.

Damn if I play serious and, as far as recent stats have shown, get remove before seeing another daylight, damn if I don't. :confused:

I agree with Epig and INH thoughts that this matter is also Catch22ish, since it's something the mafia could weave, but hopefully the mafia will seek its own agenda after how D1 events shape up, in case Mac's not a part of it, or even if he is, they might choose not to follow his disdain-filled agenda. So projecting how the Mafia will behave is as loose as ever, at this point.

Yes, there's no high degree of helpfulness to this method. It's a declared policy lynch, which is never as substantiated as squuezing neurons to read into a player for mafia tells. And it's personal, which I also never denied.

One thing I can disagree with is that this crayons me bad in any way. If I were part of the mafia team, I'd have nothing to fear about getting killed... by the mafia. If I were mafia and lnew Mac is town, my retribution could easily take another form, without any mention in the thread obviously. As for the ideas of either framing or bussing Mac, they'd seem highly ineffectual as long-term plotting. And I'm a long-term kind of strategist.

So yeah, one could say this basically clears me as town. You're welcome, PoE makers. :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not read you as bad, Rico. I believe that you wanted to vote Mac preemptively before this game even started. But where I see a problem is in your justification for your policy lynch. It seems like you are reaching a bit farther than you truthfully should.
Ricochet wrote:So I can't have my policy lynch for once, got it. :rolleyes: Glad it's been a non-issue in the past when players pull it for truly shallow/salty reasons, but when I do it out of principle and self-prez, stop the presses.

Damn if I play serious and, as far as recent stats have shown, get remove before seeing another daylight, damn if I don't. :confused:
I do not see your policy lynch on Mac as being anything different from the "truly salty" reasons you allude to here. I do not see this as a self-preserving move. I see it more as a paranoid move. You fear that Macdougall might nightkill you. Any player might nightkill you, and Macdougall might nightkill any player. Your reasoning then is just a bizarre paranoia about a particular player, and this seems to stem from what happened in a previous game. Thus salt. You've provided the reasons why you feel this way but they do not justify the idea of a policy lynch, yet you seem to be acting like everyone should just let it slide or even join in with you. I'm not gonna do that.
I agree with Epig and INH thoughts that this matter is also Catch22ish, since it's something the mafia could weave, but hopefully the mafia will seek its own agenda after how D1 events shape up, in case Mac's not a part of it, or even if he is, they might choose not to follow his disdain-filled agenda. So projecting how the Mafia will behave is as loose as ever, at this point.
The trail end of this paragraph loses me. You seem to be opening the door to speculation about how mafia might behave now or in the future and then you immediately shut that door on yourself, or Epi and INH. I don't know what exactly they said to prompt this.
Yes, there's no high degree of helpfulness to this method. It's a declared policy lynch, which is never as substantiated as squuezing neurons to read into a player for mafia tells. And it's personal, which I also never denied.
Then why make this your opening play?
One thing I can disagree with is that this crayons me bad in any way. If I were part of the mafia team, I'd have nothing to fear about getting killed... by the mafia. If I were mafia and lnew Mac is town, my retribution could easily take another form, without any mention in the thread obviously. As for the ideas of either framing or bussing Mac, they'd seem highly ineffectual as long-term plotting. And I'm a long-term kind of strategist.

So yeah, one could say this basically clears me as town. You're welcome, PoE makers. :p
"If I were mafia, I'd..." is WIFOM Central. I think there is plenty of reason to speculate about you at this point in the game, and I don't think denying it is doing you any favors.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Uhhh

Free lunch!
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Getting petrol in my interceptor.
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gotcha thanx
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am extremely unfamiliar with being defended like this. Feels good man
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sloonei wrote: I do not see your policy lynch on Mac as being anything different from the "truly salty" reasons you allude to here. I do not see this as a self-preserving move. I see it more as a paranoid move. You fear that Macdougall might nightkill you. Any player might nightkill you, and Macdougall might nightkill any player. Your reasoning then is just a bizarre paranoia about a particular player, and this seems to stem from what happened in a previous game. Thus salt. You've provided the reasons why you feel this way but they do not justify the idea of a policy lynch, yet you seem to be acting like everyone should just let it slide or even join in with you. I'm not gonna do that.
I'm not trying to fend off nightkills. I'm trying to fend off being nightkilled on grounds of being hated as a player. Which so far only Mac has confessed to wanting to do. I'm confused how this isn't self-prez in your view.

Sloonei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Yes, there's no high degree of helpfulness to this method. It's a declared policy lynch, which is never as substantiated as squuezing neurons to read into a player for mafia tells. And it's personal, which I also never denied.
Then why make this your opening play?
Cuz I wanted to start off with this?

Sloonei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

"If I were mafia, I'd..." is WIFOM Central. I think there is plenty of reason to speculate about you at this point in the game, and I don't think denying it is doing you any favors.
[/quote]

I wasn't denying, I was arguing about plausability in regards to INH's two-point speculation about me being bad (and also SVS's buss theory). Everyonr's free to speculate, but baddie reading also needs to reach a conclusion that the suspect would pull those moves in a plausible way. Refute my points above one by one and tell me how I'd make sense as mafia.

There was also another paragraph, but I lost it in the phone quoting, blah.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I hope it's clear that Mac didn't "hate you as a player". He hated facing you because he thinks highly of your skillset and your ability to expose him. That's a pretty ordinary reason to night kill somebody.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

And? How does that change anything? He's facing me right now, as well. We all face each other in a game, if we end up on different sides. That's about as general as it gets.

He was very specific that he massmurdered all the players he hated playing against. Not players that were beginning to sniff him up (which I wasn't). Players he doesn't want disturbing him, at any point.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I hate you more now scro. Good job.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I jest tho.

Rico would it make u feel better if I said I killed you because I drew it from a hat? Because I mean... you still might be night killed by the guy who kills by hat draw so we best policy lynch me for that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My job in that game as selected by dice roll was to kill people not in my faction and survive. Killing you was my right and duty.

In this game assuming you are a civ your job is to find bad guys and lynch them. Something you are utterly failing at right now both literally and figuratively.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

@Neil

It must be just me, probably, but "I killed because of your potential" must rank among the least pleasing reasons to find oneself removed. If it's true, you and I and others wouldn't live two phases into any game, as town. You argue it's flattering, or honorable, but it's not. Not if there was no actual challenge, no actual threat. Just an expulsion based on "potential".

I'm willing to do an experiment at any time, even in this game. PM me if you are not in the mood to "face me". I'm dead serious. It will remain confidential, my feelings will not get hurt in any way, I'll replace immediately, I won't lose anything and I'll go back to my busy RL. I'm tired of devoting serious time even for 48 hours, only to get removed for it and nothing else.

Or I'll play like chichkenshit, which frankly some of you have already seen me do. Facing me is suddenly not so much of a problem anymore, in that case.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:My job in that game as selected by dice roll was to kill people not in my faction and survive. Killing you was my right and duty.

In this game assuming you are a civ your job is to find bad guys and lynch them. Something you are utterly failing at right now both literally and figuratively.
My God, it's as if policy lynch is an alien concept to you.

there's no hunting in it

there's just the desire to remove the threat of you being bad again and activate your purging once more
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

Thank you to everyone who wished my Mum a speedy recovery - we think she's on her way to one so for now, I'm good to go with this game. I sincerely appreciate the support you gave me :bighug:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, how do you feel about MacDougall now that he has provided a number of posts?
Jay, I'm looking at it this way; a random lynching of any player has (by my calculations) a 21% chance of success. It is Day 1 and we have nothing concrete so far to suggest that anyone is necessarily more suspect than anyone else (in my opinion at least) - a fact borne out by the badly fragmented voting sheet we have right now. Mac is a very good player and we witnessed the damage of which he was capable as Mafia last game. I voted for him the Day phase before he NK'd me then and I'm voting for him again now. Certainly, I'm happy to (and will certainly continue to) consider other options before the end of this Day phase but for now, I'm satisfied to leave my vote where it is.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:My job in that game as selected by dice roll was to kill people not in my faction and survive. Killing you was my right and duty.

there's no hunting in it

there's just the desire to remove the threat of you being bad again and activate your purging once more
That's worse than his decision to kill you last game was.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:

there's no hunting in it

Actually it's just that your idea of a policy lynch is dumb even excluding that I am your target.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote:Thank you to everyone who wished my Mum a speedy recovery - we think she's on her way to one so for now, I'm good to go with this game. I sincerely appreciate the support you gave me :bighug:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, how do you feel about MacDougall now that he has provided a number of posts?
Jay, I'm looking at it this way; a random lynching of any player has (by my calculations) a 21% chance of success. It is Day 1 and we have nothing concrete so far to suggest that anyone is necessarily more suspect than anyone else (in my opinion at least) - a fact borne out by the badly fragmented voting sheet we have right now. Mac is a very good player and we witnessed the damage of which he was capable as Mafia last game. I voted for him the Day phase before he NK'd me then and I'm voting for him again now. Certainly, I'm happy to (and will certainly continue to) consider other options before the end of this Day phase but for now, I'm satisfied to leave my vote where it is.
I agree that Mac is a strong player and when he is bad that's a difficult challenge for the opposing town to face. What I don't understand though is why that means anything on this Day 1. Is he actually suspicious to you? Do you feel he is more likely than most other players to be bad right now, or just as likely?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac, please spew some sikk readz for me. I think the votes against you are unfounded, but that doesn't mean you're an angel. Gimme the goods.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I already said Sloonei was bad.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Post by a2thezebra »

A-yo I'm working long hours these days so excuse my underwhelming activity. Catching up now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Thank you to everyone who wished my Mum a speedy recovery - we think she's on her way to one so for now, I'm good to go with this game. I sincerely appreciate the support you gave me :bighug:
I agree that Mac is a strong player and when he is bad that's a difficult challenge for the opposing town to face. What I don't understand though is why that means anything on this Day 1. Is he actually suspicious to you? Do you feel he is more likely than most other players to be bad right now, or just as likely?
I see what you're getting at, Jay. There's a few players that I feel reasonably good about so far (and Mac is certainly not one of them) so in my mind, that increases the odds that he may be bad. I know this is a different game to our last one but I trust you'll forgive me for being once bitten, twice shy...

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

I'll hop on the MacDougall policy lynch. Why not? :slick:
Let's start with "why". What's the policy behind your vote to lynch Mac?
Shits and giggles. :nicenod:
Not crazy about this post. It doesn't feel genuine to me.
MacDougall wrote:MP if you are voting for me for shits and giggles or to see a reaction from me then posting it kind of nullifies any pointed post I could make. Yet again you are bad in a game I am in.

Ricochet's "policy lynch" is based on the fact that I policy night killed him in the previous game. That won't be happening here by virtue of the fact that I do not have the power of night kills. :hugs:

Glorfindel is probably also voting for me because I night killed him last game.
This is civ Mac if I know the slightest thing about him.
S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Well, you're here now, so I'm switching to BWT. :srsnod:
Oh so you're applying the Scotty philosophy this game. :eek:

We can lynch you D1 instead of Scotty, then. :noble:
Go for it. :noble:
I'll let the others. Mac is top priority afaic.
You're scared. :ponder:
As long as Mac lives, yes.
Regardless of affiliation?
This post gives me civ SVS vibes.
Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So you are saying that he makes you so paranoid that you cannot deal with him being alive without factual knowledge that he is a civ?
I am.
This feels like forced bluntless mixed with unnecessary contrarianism. Knowing Ricochet that could be just for fun but I don't like it.
insertnamehere wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So you are saying that he makes you so paranoid that you cannot deal with him being alive without factual knowledge that he is a civ?
I am.
What, pray tell, makes Mac such a devious player, that we must lynch him Day 1 every game just to get him out of the way?
This is a civ-minded question. :nicenod:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:I already said Sloonei was bad.
Why

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote:I see what you're getting at, Jay. There's a few players that I feel reasonably good about so far (and Mac is certainly not one of them) so in my mind, that increases the odds that he may be bad. I know this is a different game to our last one but I trust you'll forgive me for being once bitten, twice shy...
I'm no stranger to process of elimination, so that's well and good. Which players do you feel reasonably good about and why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I already said Sloonei was bad.
Why
He pinged me. I called him bad. He ignored it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:As an expert in the subject of Macdougall. Ricochet reads me well anyway so why he needs to lynch me before he can read me I do not know. I fancy he is just making content.
At this point I'd agree with that assessment.
At this point you are clearly just throwing out sentences. There is no solid history evidence to back up that assessment.

linki: except I wasn't an arbitrary target. You've profiled me quite specifically. And it was that very specificity, not the kill itself nor anything else, that "hurt my feelings", if anything.

It is exactly this that lead me to the current policy lynch. Not my fault you've accidentally locked yourself into it.
Explain this please. I'm entitled to my perspective.
Well you should also back it up, since it's based on something the player has implied to be accurate from past games.
Eh? I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here. I was merely expressing agreement that it seemed like you were trying to generate content.

Yes, that's the hypothesis. Based on the implication that all I'd need to do to hunt Mac is just that, given a good history of "reading him well". But that implication is false.

So how can you merely express agreement at something not backed up by its logic?
This post - especially the underlined - feels very disingenuous to me, almost to the point where I'm not sure whether or not it's supposed to come off as disingenuous to mess with us or something. When in doubt with WIFOM, I default to baddie.
S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
What's the profile exactly? I must have missed something here.
"I'm killing the people who I hate playing against.'
Oh, I see. Clearly I was missing some important context here. So the basis for your policy lynch vote is essentially self-preservation, am I right?
Yes.
On Day One with no indication of alignment? On Day Zero?
Ricochet wrote:Modkill MacDougall, send reminders to the others.
You know how to Mafia, Rico. I am not liking this, you are not a fear based player. Not sure if it makes you bad, but I am still not liking this. The fact that you were trying to get rid of him before the game even really got going is giving me the heebies. The first thing that comes to mind is you are teamies and you threw him under the bus in case he did not show. And when he did, you had to keep it going. As a matter of fact the first thing that came to my mind was that all the Mac votes were his teammates.

Wrench in that theory is that Mac has not said much that makes me think he is actually bad. So I could be reading into it, I am rusty.
A little elaborate but I think SVS proposes an interesting premise here. :noble:
MacDougall wrote:Rico does whacky shit on day 1. This time his whacky thing is to try to policy lynch me. Moving on. Sloonei is bad.
See with Mac, unnecessary contrarianism is a town tell. This means that like most of our games he have me convinced that he's town but he does not have me convinced that any of his reads are accurate, and this post is an example of that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Ricochet my man, you only need two words to explain yourself:

"I'm salty."

Let's not pretend this is strategic in any way. Just look how much time you've already spent arguing about what happened at a different lounge! Get with the program my man, we're here now, this is Neil Hartley's show. It's a new evening and it's still young!
Up to this post I was unsure about Neil but this one won me over. The act isn't WIFOM, it's flair, and Neil's doing a fine job of co-operating and cultivating content. :slick:
Dom wrote:I do not suspect Elohcin.
I don't either.
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I moved my vote to someone with no votes.
Rico's an interesting choice and I refuse to believe it's random or arbitrary. Tell me why.
I'm liking you Sloonei even if you're not liking me. And no, I'm not elaborating on why I voted for Scotty. It should be clear enough from the post I quoted, my distaste for it, and my vote. Not everything needs to be intricately articulated.
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Elohcin-Ricochet-Dom-???

I'm operating on that theory right now.
Go on?
Yeah that's something that could use some elaboration. But I don't expect to get any of course.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Neil Hartley is a man of action. I'm going to let you all know how I feel, because feeling it everything in my line of work baby. Don't you worry about the exact order, just look at the tiers.
Dom
S~V~S

Epignosis
insertnamehere
MacDougall
LoRab
Ricochet
Sloonei

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

a2thezebra
Glorfindel
motel room
MovingPictures07
Scotty
sprityo

Elohcin
I'd like to know why I'm not a prettier color, pretty please.
MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

there's no hunting in it

Actually it's just that your idea of a policy lynch is dumb even excluding that I am your target.
Mic drop.

To summarize, the bulk of the Rico-Mac war (as entertaining as it is) didn't captivate me very much because I got both a gut baddie read of Rico and a gut civilian read of Mac well before the conflict reached its peak. In spite of the first post I quoted, after fully catching up I feel good about MP overall. Other civ reads include SVS, insertnamehere (nice still from Fire Walk With Me by the way), Elohcin, Neil/JJJ, and Sloonei. My only baddie reads as of right now are Rico and to a lesser extent Scotty, though mainly because there's less to go on with Scotty then there is with Rico. Anyone I haven't mentioned in this paragraph I don't have a confident enough read to say. Yet.

So I'm getting quite a bit more civ reads than usual this early in the game which is nice on the one hand, but on the other hand it makes me a little paranoid that the wool is being pulled over my eyes. I look forward to seeing how things unravel in the coming phases. :mafia:

Cheers folks, I'll be back in twelve hours or so.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I should specify, that I'm going to go make some Picante Chicken Top Ramen (TM) and then crash because I've been up for nearly 36 hours. :P
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I see what you're getting at, Jay. There's a few players that I feel reasonably good about so far (and Mac is certainly not one of them) so in my mind, that increases the odds that he may be bad. I know this is a different game to our last one but I trust you'll forgive me for being once bitten, twice shy...
I'm no stranger to process of elimination, so that's well and good. Which players do you feel reasonably good about and why?
Rico for one. His posts in the last little while have taken on a tinge of bizarre:
Ricochet wrote:@Neil

I'm willing to do an experiment at any time, even in this game. PM me if you are not in the mood to "face me". I'm dead serious. It will remain confidential, my feelings will not get hurt in any way, I'll replace immediately, I won't lose anything and I'll go back to my busy RL. I'm tired of devoting serious time even for 48 hours, only to get removed for it and nothing else.

Or I'll play like chichkenshit, which frankly some of you have already seen me do. Facing me is suddenly not so much of a problem anymore, in that case.
That said, I see no duplicity in his remarks and I know from previous games with him just how passionate he can get. For the time being (at least) he seems genuine to me and I wouldn't be looking in his direction for a lynch candidate.

Yourself, for another, Neil. I think these last few games we've played together have given me a reasonable insight into how you play and despite your rather arcane (yet classy) alter ego, I sense a genuineness that I don't think even you could contrive.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Oh, and while I'm here I might as well change my vote to Ricochet.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

One more thing: I really don't get the bwt votes.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

a2thezebra wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
I am.
This feels like forced bluntless mixed with unnecessary contrarianism. Knowing Ricochet that could be just for fun but I don't like it.
Contrarianism... in a post in which I agreed with someone...

Nicely spot. :confused:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

One MORE thing: In case anyone didn't read the rules please please please do not let this poll end in a tie, because that will be a no lynch. :omg:

linki - You can agree with (undeniably interrogative) questions now? What a magical world this is!

Or maybe youse full of dookie.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Where's the "contrarianism"?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:Where's the "contrarianism"?
Somewhere deep inside "saying that he makes you so paranoid that you cannot deal with him being alive without factual knowledge that he is a civ"
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Or more specifically, your willingness to acknowledge that that is indeed your fringe opinion and still act like it's in any way logical.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Zebra, I oranged you by default for having been present without doing anything that gave me a warm fuzzy.

I like your stuff today though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Zebra, I oranged you by default for having been present without doing anything that gave me a warm fuzzy.

I like your stuff today though.
Good to hear. :martini:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:So I can't have my policy lynch for once, got it. :rolleyes: Glad it's been a non-issue in the past when players pull it for truly shallow/salty reasons, but when I do it out of principle and self-prez, stop the presses.

The reason I am resistant to this idea from you is that it is irrational. I would not blink an eye to see other people behave irrationally :noble: but it is something I do not expect from you.

So do you have any actual suspicions? If you already posted them, I missed them, I just did a quick skim before running out the door.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

a2thezebra wrote:Or more specifically, your willingness to acknowledge that that is indeed your fringe opinion and still act like it's in any way logical.
But it's how I feel. Paranoia isn't exactly a logical act.

@SVS: Can't say that I do atm. Who should I look into?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Catching up now, but I have to teach shortly so it probably won't be complete until later.

Scotty wrote:What dingbat planned a show with a 6:30p curtain? I have 5 min before we start, but I appreciate Rico': approach.

I also get a tonal read of Mp as a "non-offensive poser with a capital P.
SVS, while I appreciate her soft defending of me, comes off as too nice right now.

I'd still be down to vote someone like bwt though... :grin: unless he posts more

and I'm sorry to hear that Glorf!! :hug:
Poser? What is this, 1990s mafia? :p

I don't understand your statements regarding me and S~V~S. Does that mean you suspect us? Why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Don't get what's confusing about that, S~V~S. Self-preservation goal implies to prevent something for your own good. What better way to counter the odds of Mac being bad and getting even to Night 1 and try to make his team eliminate me, because I'm one of the players he doesn't like playing against?

And that Day Zero comment of mine was by far the jokey one, due to context of G-Man calling out to those who haven't even read their PMs. I would have started Day One the same way, regardless of any Day Zero chatter or banter.
Do you have any reason to actually think he is bad?

Both you & Mac posted after me, yet neither of you addressed the "throwing each other under a bus" aspect of my post, which tbh is the thing I most expected a reaction to. The main thing that is making me think I could be seriously wrong is that everyone else is sitting back and letting me run with this wacky theory.

What do you think of MP?

Linki, I am a very nice lady :D
What do you think of me?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”