Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Don't get what's confusing about that, S~V~S. Self-preservation goal implies to prevent something for your own good. What better way to counter the odds of Mac being bad and getting even to Night 1 and try to make his team eliminate me, because I'm one of the players he doesn't like playing against?

And that Day Zero comment of mine was by far the jokey one, due to context of G-Man calling out to those who haven't even read their PMs. I would have started Day One the same way, regardless of any Day Zero chatter or banter.
Do you have any reason to actually think he is bad?

Both you & Mac posted after me, yet neither of you addressed the "throwing each other under a bus" aspect of my post, which tbh is the thing I most expected a reaction to. The main thing that is making me think I could be seriously wrong is that everyone else is sitting back and letting me run with this wacky theory.

What do you think of MP?

Linki, I am a very nice lady :D
No, I don't. That's not the point of a policy lynch. That's not the point of my policy lynch. That's not the point of self-preservation.

I don't know what to say about your bussing theory. It's certainly the third perspective that can be developed. It's the third perspective that can be developed about any hissing between players. The questions here would be: Do you think I'd do something as aggressive as this on Day One (or even Zero, if you will)? Do you think I'd gain something / expect to attain a goal by doing something as aggressive as this? Do you think I'd choose a policy lynch to craft a bus? Bussing usually require more skill, time and finesse than any of this, I'd argue.

Besides, my distress is virtually townesque. I don't know what Mac is. I don't know if he's mafia. I fear he could be. And I'd like to prevent the chance of him being mafia and getting to pull again his own declared policy of nightkilling me.
GTH reaction: What do people think of this bolded/underlined set of statements?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know?
What a wild post, madame! How would you feel if Neil Hartley told you that you "tried too hard" to find something negative to say about his roleplay! I think you might be bad news, and I'm gonna inform security to keep an eye on your table.

Elohcin
How much of this serious?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:Sorry folks, I forgot this game had started! :D
Glorf, I hope your mum feels better soon. :)
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

I'll hop on the MacDougall policy lynch. Why not? :slick:
Let's start with "why". What's the policy behind your vote to lynch Mac?
Shits and giggles. :nicenod:
You are bad.
Reason?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Eh? I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here. I was merely expressing agreement that it seemed like you were trying to generate content.

Yes, that's the hypothesis. Based on the implication that all I'd need to do to hunt Mac is just that, given a good history of "reading him well". But that implication is false.

So how can you merely express agreement at something not backed up by its logic?
Rico, this isn't some kind of in-depth investigation. You were correct about Mac in the most recent game you two played together. You seemed to be, to me anyway, inevitably fixating on him to an unhealthy degree. It appeared very possible to me that you were generating content for the sake of it. I now believe that explanation to be less likely given your hyperfocus on this.

This is mafia. I appreciate hard evidence, but I don't need to go back and visit other games to see whether the premise is true or not. I just made a gut assessment on what I thought was happening in the moment.
....who tf is this guy????

I doubt that you are sincerely formulating an opinion based around someone's ability to read someone with a data set of 1 game. This is not logical, rational MP talking.
You're right, it isn't logical, rational MP. I killed him.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:going for self preservation here...
We have 24 hours (or had as of the time of your post) in this game. Why self-preservation so early?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: This one as well:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

As always, shits and giggles are often in the eye of the shitter and giggler. What makes one man shit and giggle, may not make someone else.
OK, this was the best response imaginable. INH is not getting my vote today.
What's so "best imaginable" about this post, socky?
My post was in jest.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote: This one as well:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

As always, shits and giggles are often in the eye of the shitter and giggler. What makes one man shit and giggle, may not make someone else.
OK, this was the best response imaginable. INH is not getting my vote today.
What's so "best imaginable" about this post, socky?
My post was in jest.
To elaborate, it's a reference to Recruitment IV in which Metalmarsh took the approach of eliminating people he wouldn't vote for on Day 1 for game-related statements of content but also for non-game-related funny/witty responses like INH's.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Or C. He's acting irrationally as a civilian.

That happens more often than one would think.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Neil Hartley is a man of action. I'm going to let you all know how I feel, because feeling it everything in my line of work baby. Don't you worry about the exact order, just look at the tiers.

Dom
S~V~S

Epignosis
insertnamehere
MacDougall
LoRab
Ricochet
Sloonei

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

a2thezebra
Glorfindel
motel room
MovingPictures07
Scotty
sprityo

Elohcin
I'm orange! :yay:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Elohcin-Ricochet-Dom-???

I'm operating on that theory right now.
How does MP look?
Forced. But that isn't enough for me. He always looks forced to me.
Really? What do you mean exactly?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Not crazy about this post. It doesn't feel genuine to me.
What is wrong with you people? I act out of character and now I'm lying? Pffft. :pout:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know?
What a wild post, madame! How would you feel if Neil Hartley told you that you "tried too hard" to find something negative to say about his roleplay! I think you might be bad news, and I'm gonna inform security to keep an eye on your table.

Elohcin
All of it
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That was an easy catchup. Who wants a sock rainbow? I'll join you in a duet, Neil Hartley!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Elohcin
All of it
Got it, thanks. Just wasn't fully able to discern due to the roleplay (which I'm cool with and enjoying, btw).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zebra, why did you go from thinking something I said was disingenuous to town reading me? Can you elaborate?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
LoRab
Neil Hartley
Ricochet
Sloonei
S~V~S

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
motel room
Scotty
sprityo
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Changing my vote to sprityo. Let's hear more from you!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What's ya beef with the bird with teeth?
Nome...it was one of two
..him or Mac. No need.
Votes are changeable and the day is barely half over. This is not the time to be casting preservation votes. Vote wherever your suspicions are!
Oh my goodness! I was thinking days were 24 hours for some reason! I thought I got my vote in like 3 minutes before the bell!!! I wake up this morning looking hard for a host post and everything. GAH! I'm gettin' OLD. Someone save me!!

Okay, I have like 2 pages to catch up on. I am busy today, but I will get there eventually.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

wow... my phone really botched my first post in that quote...it was supposed to be no beef
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

first QUOTE in the last POST* I am only a few sips into my tea, forgive me. I am a MESS of a person recently for some reason
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Don't sweat it, Elo!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Off to teach and stuff now, BBL
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Catching up now, but I have to teach shortly so it probably won't be complete until later.

Scotty wrote:What dingbat planned a show with a 6:30p curtain? I have 5 min before we start, but I appreciate Rico': approach.

I also get a tonal read of Mp as a "non-offensive poser with a capital P.
SVS, while I appreciate her soft defending of me, comes off as too nice right now.

I'd still be down to vote someone like bwt though... :grin: unless he posts more

and I'm sorry to hear that Glorf!! :hug:
Poser? What is this, 1990s mafia? :p

I don't understand your statements regarding me and S~V~S. Does that mean you suspect us? Why?
Yea dude. Totally.

I think you are buttering up the biscuit that is this thread. Your "content" is missing...some amount of substance and grit, I feel.

Some have said this feels like SVS' civ game... :shrug2: It still amazes me when people can point out another's [type] game every time. You'd think they would be better at broadcasting tells as a given alignment. I just think that she's taken to the mama bear role and is not getting dirty.

Yes, MP. I think there is a slightly grody finger pointing at you and SVS from my direction.

As for the Rico-Mac debacle, I have to take the side of Mac here, and while I understand Rico taking a stand to policy lynch for his own personal reasons, i feel like the other woman in the relationship- like, the other other woman that wants no part in sloppy 12ths. Ya know what I'm saying? I want to say only one of them is mafia, if that. In no world are they both mafia IMO. I'm currently leaning neither are.

Random thoughts:
Epi is on my radar for stringing some names along that I think could be pushing us away from the right track. May just be Epi being curt and mildly pompous with his explanation, but I see the angle where he could be bad.

DrWilgy might be a doctor.

Glorf! Great to hear things are progressing well! Always great to have your presence!

Dom seems good.

Elo might be bad...I don't like that apparent "preservation" vote 24 hours early, and although I've done that before by mistake for not reading the deadline thoroughly, I was bad both times I did so. Though nothing else she has said is jumping out to me right now. :shrug2:

Neil Hartley already with the rainbow lists. You do you, man. My list is straight 1930's Disney movie color.

@zebra well I know I'm voting BWT because he hasn't posted yet. Dunno about the others.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[quote="a2thezebra]
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I moved my vote to someone with no votes.
Rico's an interesting choice and I refuse to believe it's random or arbitrary. Tell me why.
I'm liking you Sloonei even if you're not liking me. And no, I'm not elaborating on why I voted for Scotty. It should be clear enough from the post I quoted, my distaste for it, and my vote. Not everything needs to be intricately articulated.[/quote]
:eye:

And if you ask, it should be clear enough from the post I quoted my distaste for it.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:[quote="a2thezebra]
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I moved my vote to someone with no votes.
Rico's an interesting choice and I refuse to believe it's random or arbitrary. Tell me why.
I'm liking you Sloonei even if you're not liking me. And no, I'm not elaborating on why I voted for Scotty. It should be clear enough from the post I quoted, my distaste for it, and my vote. Not everything needs to be intricately articulated.
:eye:

And if you ask, it should be clear enough from the post I quoted my distaste for it.[/quote]
It should also be clear that I am disgusted with how I quoted that last post. Carry on. :sigh:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dammit.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What thought are you trying to convey about that Zebra post, Scotty?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What thought are you trying to convey about that Zebra post, Scotty?
:suspish:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What thought are you trying to convey about that Zebra post, Scotty?
:suspish:
I really can't tell. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin's claim about having thought the day was 24 hours meshes with the timing of her vote, just a few minutes shy of 9 PM eastern last night.
I'm still not inspired though. That means she believed she was on the brink of being lynched and had to rescue herself, but her escape maneuver was still emotionless. That's not how townies tend to respond to nearly being mislynched.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

How does MP look?
This isn't ideal. Epignosis can use this comment as an origin point to justify either supporting or opposing MP later.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Or C. He's acting irrationally as a civilian.

That happens more often than one would think.
Isn't it a mad world out there anyway?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:You're right, it isn't logical, rational MP. I killed him.
Why don't you just tell Neil why you've done that. Let me understand. It sounds heart-wrenching, like something my writers would give me when I ask for something melancholy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

How does MP look?
Really? What do you mean exactly?
You always look like you are trying too hard (posting eighteen times in a row fuels that perception).
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

How does MP look?
This isn't ideal. Epignosis can use this comment as an origin point to justify either supporting or opposing MP later.
If I want to vote MP, I'll vote MP.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm changing my vote to Scotty.
Scotty wrote:Epi is on my radar for stringing some names along that I think could be pushing us away from the right track. May just be Epi being curt and mildly pompous with his explanation, but I see the angle where he could be bad.
I have so far voted Elohcin and Ricochet.
Scotty wrote:As for the Rico-Mac debacle, I have to take the side of Mac here, and while I understand Rico taking a stand to policy lynch for his own personal reasons, i feel like the other woman in the relationship- like, the other other woman that wants no part in sloppy 12ths. Ya know what I'm saying? I want to say only one of them is mafia, if that. In no world are they both mafia IMO. I'm currently leaning neither are.
Scotty wrote:Elo might be bad...I don't like that apparent "preservation" vote 24 hours early, and although I've done that before by mistake for not reading the deadline thoroughly, I was bad both times I did so. Though nothing else she has said is jumping out to me right now. :shrug2:
To which of those votes do you object?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

Scotty wrote:Glorf! Great to hear things are progressing well! Always great to have your presence!
Looks like I may have spoken too soon, I'm afraid (as I sit here in the hospital ER at 1 am...)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:I'm changing my vote to Scotty.
Scotty wrote:Epi is on my radar for stringing some names along that I think could be pushing us away from the right track. May just be Epi being curt and mildly pompous with his explanation, but I see the angle where he could be bad.
Scotty wrote:As for the Rico-Mac debacle, I have to take the side of Mac here, and while I understand Rico taking a stand to policy lynch for his own personal reasons, i feel like the other woman in the relationship- like, the other other woman that wants no part in sloppy 12ths. Ya know what I'm saying? I want to say only one of them is mafia, if that. In no world are they both mafia IMO. I'm currently leaning neither are.
Scotty wrote:Elo might be bad...I don't like that apparent "preservation" vote 24 hours early, and although I've done that before by mistake for not reading the deadline thoroughly, I was bad both times I did so. Though nothing else she has said is jumping out to me right now. :shrug2:
I'm currently voting for BWT, so I'm not sure what you're up in arms about.

I think you are proficient in steering the thread if you need to be, and even though I have my reservations about similar candidates, it still doesn't mean you aren't fishy.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I already said Sloonei was bad.
Why
He pinged me. I called him bad. He ignored it.
Would it confort you to know I have no idea what you're talking about?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis raises a valid point regarding Scotty. My immediate reaction to it was to check Scotty's posts to see if there was much time elapsed between his suggestion that Epi might be leading us off track and his pseudo-suspicions of Ricochet and Elohcin.

But all of those things happened in the same post. So that's a curious thing.

linki at Scotty: you must not be sure what he's talking about, because your response doesn't address it. Why do you think the names Epi supplied as suspects might be "pushing us away from the right track"?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Changing my vote to sprityo. Let's hear more from you!

Working on it right now boss man. I'll post it when I get a break from class
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have to vote early today but I'm not sure who to vote for. Rico has exhibited the most questionable behavior, but I'm still not sure I see it as bad. Just confusing. MP feels a bit iffy, but I don't have a great read on him. I'm curious to see where Epi's case against Scotty goes. And I still would like to see some content from LoRab when they get a chance.

motel room has done zilch so far but I recall that being typical of him on Day 1 regardless of alignment in the past.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I suddenly do not like Elohcin's birdwithteeth vote and could see myself voting for her because of it. I commented on it earlier and what I said still stands: she cast a vote out of self-preservation against a player that nobody has any substantial reason to vote, with ~24 hours to go in tye phase and changeable votes, and she has parked it right there ever since. It looks like a lazy justification to a throwaway vote early on Day 1. Considering she had previously made remarks about "not voting yet" or something along those lines, I would assume she was putting thought into where her vote goes. But then she just dumped it on the first bandwagon she could find when she caught a faint whiff of danger.

Writing these words convinced me. Voting Elohcin.
Still open to other things while I'm here for 3 more hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Elohcin's claim about having thought the day was 24 hours meshes with the timing of her vote, just a few minutes shy of 9 PM eastern last night.
I'm still not inspired though. That means she believed she was on the brink of being lynched and had to rescue herself, but her escape maneuver was still emotionless. That's not how townies tend to respond to nearly being mislynched.
Did I skip a page or something? I swear I read everything but this is like the third post I've seen that references something I have no memory of. If Elohcin did indeed think the day was 24 hours then that changes my perspective a little.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm changing my vote to Scotty.
I'm currently voting for BWT, so I'm not sure what you're up in arms about.

I think you are proficient in steering the thread if you need to be, and even though I have my reservations about similar candidates, it still doesn't mean you aren't fishy.
Your (semi) accusation against me is that I'm pushing people away from the right track. That implies that you think RIcochet and Elohcin are civilians, and that I am trying to get either of them lynched.

However, in the same post, you imply Ricochet and Elohcin are bad. How can you accuse me of pushing people in the wrong direction when you, in some capacity, agree with both of those directions?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

Ricochet wrote:So I can't have my policy lynch for once, got it. :rolleyes: Glad it's been a non-issue in the past when players pull it for truly shallow/salty reasons, but when I do it out of principle and self-prez, stop the presses.

Damn if I play serious and, as far as recent stats have shown, get remove before seeing another daylight, damn if I don't. :confused:

I agree with Epig and INH thoughts that this matter is also Catch22ish, since it's something the mafia could weave, but hopefully the mafia will seek its own agenda after how D1 events shape up, in case Mac's not a part of it, or even if he is, they might choose not to follow his disdain-filled agenda. So projecting how the Mafia will behave is as loose as ever, at this point.

Yes, there's no high degree of helpfulness to this method. It's a declared policy lynch, which is never as substantiated as squuezing neurons to read into a player for mafia tells. And it's personal, which I also never denied.

One thing I can disagree with is that this crayons me bad in any way. If I were part of the mafia team, I'd have nothing to fear about getting killed... by the mafia. If I were mafia and lnew Mac is town, my retribution could easily take another form, without any mention in the thread obviously. As for the ideas of either framing or bussing Mac, they'd seem highly ineffectual as long-term plotting. And I'm a long-term kind of strategist.

So yeah, one could say this basically clears me as town. You're welcome, PoE makers. :p
This whole thing is one big cask of WIFOM. If Rico was mafia, which is a phrase that irritates me, I could definitely him you going after Mac in the thread as a smokescreen for any other actions. Yes, he could go tit-for-tat and NK Mac, but maybe his team doesn't want to necessarily follow his disdain-filled agenda.

But, your mileage may vary on how you interpret Rico's actions. But right now, he's the person whose giving me the scummiest signals, and where my vote's going today.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Neil Hartley is a man of action. I'm going to let you all know how I feel, because feeling it everything in my line of work baby. Don't you worry about the exact order, just look at the tiers.
Dom
S~V~S

Epignosis
insertnamehere
MacDougall
LoRab
Ricochet
Sloonei

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

a2thezebra
Glorfindel
motel room
MovingPictures07
Scotty
sprityo

Elohcin
I'd like to know why I'm not a prettier color, pretty please.
MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:My job in that game as selected by dice roll was to kill people not in my faction and survive. Killing you was my right and duty.

In this game assuming you are a civ your job is to find bad guys and lynch them. Something you are utterly failing at right now both literally and figuratively.
My God, it's as if policy lynch is an alien concept to you.

there's no hunting in it

there's just the desire to remove the threat of you being bad again and activate your purging once more
Actually it's just that your idea of a policy lynch is dumb even excluding that I am your target.
Mic drop.

To summarize, the bulk of the Rico-Mac war (as entertaining as it is) didn't captivate me very much because I got both a gut baddie read of Rico and a gut civilian read of Mac well before the conflict reached its peak. In spite of the first post I quoted, after fully catching up I feel good about MP overall. Other civ reads include SVS, insertnamehere (nice still from Fire Walk With Me by the way), Elohcin, Neil/JJJ, and Sloonei. My only baddie reads as of right now are Rico and to a lesser extent Scotty, though mainly because there's less to go on with Scotty then there is with Rico. Anyone I haven't mentioned in this paragraph I don't have a confident enough read to say. Yet.

So I'm getting quite a bit more civ reads than usual this early in the game which is nice on the one hand, but on the other hand it makes me a little paranoid that the wool is being pulled over my eyes. I look forward to seeing how things unravel in the coming phases. :mafia:

Cheers folks, I'll be back in twelve hours or so.
(I managed to mess up the formatting but its zebras post)

My views go along the lines of what zebra is getting at here. I personally don't care for the whole thing/pissing contest of Mac and rico, in fact this is the only thing I'll say on the matter. I don't want to be asked questions over it or have any opinion on it mostly because I feel it's just filler for day 1. I have no care for how someone acts prievously. You can do whatever you want from game to game. Neil Hartley is a great example

Little opinion done with. On the topic of JJJ, I would honestly be more comfortable if he dropped the whole Neil thing cause when he is just being himself, I like his input a good deal.

I'm, that's all I got for now, I'll have to get back to you guys tonight after chow
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

insertnamehere wrote: This whole thing is one big cask of WIFOM. If Rico was mafia, which is a phrase that irritates me, I could definitely him you going after Mac in the thread as a smokescreen for any other actions. Yes, he could go tit-for-tat and NK Mac, but maybe his team doesn't want to necessarily follow his disdain-filled agenda.

But, your mileage may vary on how you interpret Rico's actions. But right now, he's the person whose giving me the scummiest signals, and where my vote's going today.
I would ask for you to clarify your first paragraph, because I fail to understand much of it. There even seem to be missing verbs or mixed up pronouns between Mac and myself, at least in my perception. And it makes me feel you did not address the "Rico must be bad for what he's doing now" scenario in any way.

Highlighted by your "Rico is most scummy, ergo lynch" finale. The so called "scummy" (behaviour/signal/what be it) is proven to not automatically equate mafia and out here there's a tendency to get trigger happy with this.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Epi is on my radar for stringing some names along that I think could be pushing us away from the right track. May just be Epi being curt and mildly pompous with his explanation, but I see the angle where he could be bad.
Moved my vote to Scotty until he can tell us which names Epi was stringing along.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Ricochet wrote:
insertnamehere wrote: This whole thing is one big cask of WIFOM. If Rico was mafia, which is a phrase that irritates me, I could definitely him you going after Mac in the thread as a smokescreen for any other actions. Yes, he could go tit-for-tat and NK Mac, but maybe his team doesn't want to necessarily follow his disdain-filled agenda.

I would ask for you to clarify your first paragraph, because I fail to understand much of it. There even seem to be missing verbs or mixed up pronouns between Mac and myself, at least in my perception. And it makes me feel you did not address the "Rico must be bad for what he's doing now" scenario in any way.

Highlighted by your "Rico is most scummy, ergo lynch" finale. The so called "scummy" (behaviour/signal/what be it) is proven to not automatically equate mafia and out here there's a tendency to get trigger happy with this.
whoops, let me fix that first paragraph.
This whole thing is one big cask of WIFOM. If Rico was mafia, which is a phrase that irritates me, I could see definitely him going after Mac in the thread as a smokescreen for other nefarious actions. Yes, a theoretically bad Rico could go tit-for-tat and NK Mac, but maybe his team doesn't want to necessarily follow his disdain-filled agenda.
that'll teach me to phone-post.

I don't see any civilian-based reason for Rico to do this other than sheer saltiness and spite. The odds of Rico being NK'd tonight, in my own personal projections, are much higher then they were prior to his anti-Mac brigade. I also fail to see how Rico could honestly expect anyone else to follow him on his little Kill Bill revenge crusade.

Look, being personally targeted in a game feels like shit. But the way to resolve that is to talk with Mac, not drag all of this dirty laundry to the next game you play together. By personally targeting him, you're doing the exact same thing he did to you in Rot3K. Yes, you'd be getting even, but only by lowering yourself to his level.

If, of course, Rico is civ.

A baddie Rico going after Mac seems way more likely to me. Manufacturing outrage over a previous game, while starting a bus against a civ in a way that'd be hard to backfire. Purely emotional plays are hard for civilians to dispute, even when they lynch a civ.

I guess it's easier for me to buy that Rico is cannily faking a purely emotional case against Mac as a smokescreen, than it is for me to buy that Rico is purposefully being petty and irrational.

I dunno. Maybe I'm overestimating him.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

THOUGHTS ON PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT RICOCHET OR MAC:

MP just seems like MP to me. Not getting the suspicion.

I'm liking Neil Hartley a hell of a lot. I'd really appreciate if his agent, JaggedJimmyJay, could continue booking him for the foreseeable future.

Zebra gets the Making-Most-Sense-to-Me award, and is probably my biggest civ read. Although I may be slightly biased due to her being the first person to recognize where my avatar is from. If you're a fan of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, you're my kind of people.

Elohcin has been acting odd, and I dislike her besmirching of the honorable Neil Hartley. But I'd like to see a bit more before necessarily scum-reading her.

I disagree with the reasoning behind voting BWT, particularly on such an eventful Day 1, but I understand where it comes from.

Scotty is probably the person behind Ricochet who's pinging me the most. I don't like his interactions with Epi one bit.

Epi seems alright to me. Not really seeing his 4-person team thing, but I like that he's throwing stuff out there.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”