Moderator: Community Team

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: [Day 2] GY!BE Mafia

Post by LoRab »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
LoRab wrote: I think that's a good guess as to who did it.

Of course, we now have the question of if they are a good insanifier or an evil insanifier. For the sake of balance, if there are 2, I'd venture a guess that there is one of each. Also possible that there's a mimicing role, that happened upon being able to mimic the insanifier.

Also, who hasn't posted yet?
seems to me insanifier is not typical for town roles, because they aren't going to want to prevent discussion

mimic might be more likely

I don't think baddies will have 2 insanifier roles since there are only 3 of them, but it's possible that the independent does, or that the baddie insanifier role gets to pick 2 targets. Or some kind of secret along the lines of "if you're the target of a night power than somebody else is also affected."
Over the years, I've seen insnaifier roles as both civ and bad. Personally, I don't see it as a typically bad or typically good power.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Re: [Day 1] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:@Dom, same reason as before.
Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:My first ping of the day.

Timmer hadn't posted for about 24 hours

Boomslang asks timmer a question.

Timmer posts a mere 10 minutes later.

Unvote whoever I voted (on my phone, can't remember)

Vote Boomslang for now.
And here starts a suspiciion f MM
Why would you vote for boom in this scneario?
Wouldn't you vote for timmer?
Timmer's teammates would ahve had to alert him to the post. It doesn't guarantee boom is one of them. this logic is backwards.
I don't have a rebuttal. I changed my vote accordingly to match your logic (which I agree with).
Marshy, I'm sorry. I totally mixed up the two.

I still don't really understand why you suspect Timmer tbh
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry for not being around; this is a busy Day phase in terms of timing, especially after I goofed off so much last Day phase. :P

Will catch up now, but won't be around for long.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [Night 1] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:Scotty is reminding me of Rocky & Bullwinkle Scotty. He was bad then.
How so?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [Night 1] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I didn't expect him to answer that lol

MP you call all your "tinfoil suspicions" town anyway, can you at least touch on your mafia suspicion reasonings? You've talked about scotty (who IMO seems genuine, but I don't think I've ever played with him & I can see your points to some degree) but I don't think you've talked much at all about the others you list as very/weak mafia
Sure. Good question. Frankly I'm having a real tough time reading those slight mafia reads; most of them are there because I can't recall any reason to call them town from their content. I'd probably have to look at their posts in isolation to give you any decent answer, so I'll try to do that when I can.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Also, I find your two statements contradictory. How can he be pretty much impossible to read and yet you lean town on him?
Did you read my post? I said I leaned town on Epi because I didn't think his gimmick was doing any damage to the town effort. Beyond obfuscating his own alignment, of course.
Sloonei wrote:Why do you like Scotty avoiding the INH vote?
He had a correct read on INH and promoted that read in the thread. Had we followed that advice, it would've been profitable to the town effort. That's more town evidence than we have for most people at this point.

Also, voted the mini-market because food.
I did read it; I just don't understand how you interpret Epi's behavior as obfuscating.

I find your highlighted conclusion dubious. Accuracy does not make alignment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Also, I find your two statements contradictory. How can he be pretty much impossible to read and yet you lean town on him?
Did you read my post? I said I leaned town on Epi because I didn't think his gimmick was doing any damage to the town effort. Beyond obfuscating his own alignment, of course.
He had a correct read on INH and promoted that read in the thread. Had we followed that advice, it would've been profitable to the town effort. That's more town evidence than we have for most people at this point.

What if he was right about INH because he's bad and knew what the result of that lynch would be?
Also, as I said at the time, I think the Epi bandwagon was a lot worse than the INH one. Yeah we were wrong, but as the case against Epi is "he's doing a gimmicky thing", and he's Epi, that is not something I can support. Scotty's vote for Epi might have been the worst looking one of the day, IMO.
I agree with all of this.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:MP PLEASE ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:I don't trust several people on this lynch and I don't think Inh will flip bad.

And JJJ: I'm sorry you hate that post.

I still stand by my first post of this game
You're bad.
Alex posted this before Day One ended, but still voted INH even though Rob gave him reason not to.

I find that suspicious.
His last post on me:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei, I'm not too sure how to answer your question with any conviction because I'm really not sure what to think of Dom. A large part of it is definitely gut, but I thought I had a bit more to town read him than I actually do, upon recollection. There's this at least:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:What would be a better answer?
An answer which details a reasonable perspective you have/had about what I might be doing as a baddie when I poked MP on Day 0 which bears the appearance of being genuine. I don't know what that'd be, but I'd imagine it's plausible for it to exist.
Dom wrote:What would be a worse answer?
An answer which details an unreasonable perspective you have/had about what I might be doing as a baddie when I poked MP on Day 0 which does not bear the appearance of being genuine. I thought you might be shading me for opportunism re: MP via implication without directly stating it, which would be a dubious assertion given the fuller context of my dialogue with MP.

To your credit, you didn't go there. You didn't provide a "reasonable perspective" either; you left your answer at its most basic: "I thought your accusation was b/s and it was a ping". It's not a thorough explanation, but it's also not one that looks made up. I can on some level appreciate the take-it-or-leave-it frankness.
This is a good point. I can believe that a baddie Dom would have engaged in the latter.
But I do see a lack of townie fire/spark in him and plenty of potential for manufactured content in his posts. I don't know. He could very easily be a mafia read; it was mostly a current gut-based assertion.
So, he gives reason to read me civ, but puts me as a weak mafia read next time he gives a rainbow.
That's strange too. His last post on me:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei, I'm not too sure how to answer your question with any conviction because I'm really not sure what to think of Dom. A large part of it is definitely gut, but I thought I had a bit more to town read him than I actually do, upon recollection. There's this at least:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:What would be a better answer?
An answer which details a reasonable perspective you have/had about what I might be doing as a baddie when I poked MP on Day 0 which bears the appearance of being genuine. I don't know what that'd be, but I'd imagine it's plausible for it to exist.
Dom wrote:What would be a worse answer?
An answer which details an unreasonable perspective you have/had about what I might be doing as a baddie when I poked MP on Day 0 which does not bear the appearance of being genuine. I thought you might be shading me for opportunism re: MP via implication without directly stating it, which would be a dubious assertion given the fuller context of my dialogue with MP.

To your credit, you didn't go there. You didn't provide a "reasonable perspective" either; you left your answer at its most basic: "I thought your accusation was b/s and it was a ping". It's not a thorough explanation, but it's also not one that looks made up. I can on some level appreciate the take-it-or-leave-it frankness.
This is a good point. I can believe that a baddie Dom would have engaged in the latter.
But I do see a lack of townie fire/spark in him and plenty of potential for manufactured content in his posts. I don't know. He could very easily be a mafia read; it was mostly a current gut-based assertion.
So, he gives reason to read me civ, but puts me as a weak mafia read next time he gives a rainbow.
That's strange too.

Elaboration and justification for both would be nice. :)
Hey Dom, here's a response to that stuff you wanted me to respond to.

I think if you'll look in my ISO you'll see it evident that I found both Scotty and INH suspicious, but that I found an INH lynch preferable. I declared "you're bad" in response to that Scotty post because I thought it was a yucky post.

Did you find Rob's reason compelling? If so, why didn't you try to convince me and others to vote otherwise? I'd say it's pretty easy and suspicious to come in after the fact and try to point the blame squarely at me.

Regarding my read of you, my gut keeps shifting back and forth between thinking you're genuine and not, so that's why you've been shuffling between very weak town and very weak mafia. I also started questioning why I was townreading you after Sloonei inquired me and I didn't feel I had that much reason to. I'd have to ISO your content to get a better idea of where I stand on you probably because you're an enigma.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Question for the masses.

I make arbitrary and nonsensical votes, and nobody gives a shit.

I catch something I find suspicious and vote based on that, and people do give a shit.

For those of you whose read of me matches up with these statements, why is it so? I don't understand.
I don't think any of that is true. I always give a shit what you're doing, but find it more difficult to interpret chaos.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seems both Golden and Jay are cursed or something. Well, that sucks.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 219

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Seems both Golden and Jay are cursed or something. Well, that sucks.
My sweetest friend
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Getting a bit of a free moment and catching up, as I've dug myself into the "never catch up" hold and don't intend to go back and read 25 pages. I've read the last five pages and will probably do more ISO reading than anything. I think I'll try looking at the polls a bit and move backwards from there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:Getting a bit of a free moment and catching up, as I've dug myself into the "never catch up" hold and don't intend to go back and read 25 pages. I've read the last five pages and will probably do more ISO reading than anything. I think I'll try looking at the polls a bit and move backwards from there.
Voting for the Bloops until you provide some juicy content as you've hinted. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

(Seriously though, I don't suspect you, I'm just not sure what to do with my vote yet.)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Getting a bit of a free moment and catching up, as I've dug myself into the "never catch up" hold and don't intend to go back and read 25 pages. I've read the last five pages and will probably do more ISO reading than anything. I think I'll try looking at the polls a bit and move backwards from there.
Voting for the Bloops until you provide some juicy content as you've hinted. :beer:
Neat! :P But yeah, light the fire under the tentacles - I need it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Neat! :P But yeah, light the fire under the tentacles - I need it.
:beer:

I'm mentally exhausted and not sure what to do in this game at this point. It's like I started the marathon by sprinting like no tomorrow, and now I'm getting a heart attack.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I should have added to that: Maybe we can feed off of each other's content. I'll be around off and on for a bit. Maybe I can do some ISO digging with you. Let me know what I can do to assist.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I'm gonna start with ISO'ing Epi votes, since I didn't even know that was a train (shows how much I've been paying attention, lol) and it stands out to me because of that reason (unexpected). It's probably all I'll be able to get through for tonight, but it's a start, I suppose.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:I'm gonna start with ISO'ing Epi votes, since I didn't even know that was a train (shows how much I've been paying attention, lol) and it stands out to me because of that reason (unexpected). It's probably all I'll be able to get through for tonight, but it's a start, I suppose.
I can dig it.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Seems both Golden and Jay are cursed or something. Well, that sucks.
:) :mad: :llama:
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Boomslang wrote:
^see above. Two curses on the same day, against players who were attracting some heat? And in a game in which of the roles indicated insanifying? I'm skeptical that both of the curses are genuine. It's just too easy to fake something that looks legitimate.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by insertnamehere »

oh it's such a perfect day
i'm glad I spent it with you
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Epignosis »

Boomslang wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
^see above. Two curses on the same day, against players who were attracting some heat? And in a game in which of the roles indicated insanifying? I'm skeptical that both of the curses are genuine. It's just too easy to fake something that looks legitimate.
I Like This A Lot Because It Sounds Logical and Not Angry or Annoyed or Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Boomslang wrote:I'm skeptical that both of the curses are genuine. It's just too easy to fake something that looks legitimate.
I will make you hurt.
Boomslang wrote:against players who were attracting some heat?
Full of broken thoughts
Scotty wrote:Here ya go golden:
Boomslang
Crown of shit
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
I think Occam's Razor suggests the opposite.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Golden Curse is Specific, While the Jagged Curse Would Require Wording That I Don't Believe Someone With Such a Power Would Use
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Boomslang wrote:I'm skeptical that both of the curses are genuine. It's just too easy to fake something that looks legitimate.
I will make you hurt.
Full of broken thoughts
Boomslang
Crown of shit
So You Are Confirming the Jagged One is Cursed
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:The Golden Curse is Specific, While the Jagged Curse Would Require Wording That I Don't Believe Someone With Such a Power Would Use
What's the motivation for mafia!Jay to fake it?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
I will make you hurt.
Full of broken thoughts
Boomslang
Crown of shit
So You Are Confirming the Jagged One is Cursed
I will let you down
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:I shared one opinion
My sweetest friend
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Mmmmk, notes from reading those ISOs (and I'm reading mostly starting from Day 1 unless one of those posts warranted looking back at Day 0, because time):

Trice: Seems like Epi vote was a placeholder at first, but morphed into a "real" vote (as in, one that stuck) after responding to people's questioning the train. I see his reasoning (Epi's lack of on-topic posts, frustration at the song gimmick, etc.) although I disagree with it. Appears like a genuine vote (I wanted to be more eloquent, but I'm running out of steam after a long day).

Wilgy: Errrrrr...why are people saying Scotty's vote is the most suspicious on this train? I get that Wilgy's a nut, but Wilgy offers literally no reasoning for his vote except #lynchepi. So, yeah, that first question is a genuine question. Answer it.

Scotty: From reading his posts on Days 0 and 1 (according to the headings), it appeared like he would vote one of his "gut-baddie" reads (JJJ, Sloonei, actually votes BWT as a changeable vote), but votes Epi. I see that he said vote "something that matters," which I assume is a vote somewhere that already had votes, and he didn't go with INH because...well, actually, I'm not sure why, more than Epi. Gave a bit of a vouch as far as INH's content, but said it could've been suspicious by trying to look good? Anyway, his Epi vote, as others have said, is pretty weird. However, he is helping insanified Golden currently, which looks helpful and civ to me, barring weirdness behind the scenes.

So, I suppose what I get from that is Trice's vote looks the most genuine, Wilgy's absolute nonsense (not helpful), and Scotty's disingenuous. Discuss.

Blooper out for now. So tired.

Linki - ...Dammit, this is interesting discussion. Faked curses? Hmmm.

Linki - Ummm, stop and lemme post?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:The Golden Curse is Specific, While the Jagged Curse Would Require Wording That I Don't Believe Someone With Such a Power Would Use
MovingPictures07 wrote:Mafia-aligned players have to literally manufacture every post they make.
Well There's That
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:I Like This A Lot Because It Sounds Logical and Not Angry or Annoyed or Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Golden wrote:
Full of broken thoughts
A million miles away?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:So, I suppose what I get from that is Trice's vote looks the most genuine, Wilgy's absolute nonsense (not helpful), and Scotty's disingenuous. Discuss.
I agree with all of that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Mafia-aligned players have to literally manufacture every post they make.
Well There's That
Touche.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 53

Post by DrWilgy »

But bloops... I don't have time to read the thread and am only seeing bits and pieces.

I'm not going to pretend that I've read all of Epi's posts, but what I have read I gut read as bad.

Blooper Friend gth me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What do you make of JJJ's d1 behavior, Epi?
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

I did read it; I just don't understand how you interpret Epi's behavior as obfuscating.

Epi's posts have gotten much less obtuse as the game has gone on, I'll give you that much. So I'm stepping back from the idea of obfuscation for now. And I agree that accuracy does not make alignment. But he actively pursued other targets (Epi, BWT, JJJ) in thread instead of just saying he disagreed with the inh lynch. He could've done more late in the day, but he did offer some potential alternatives if others would've taken them.

Linki w/Golden: I don't necessarily think both are fake. But I think odds are high one is, given what we know about the roles.
Linki w/MP: Spinning my wheels here, but I'd say a mafia J could be pretending to help temper his high post count from yesterday. He came out swinging, establishing himself as a strong inquisitive force (see Scotty calling him the Spanish Inquisition, for crying out loud), and playing insanified lets him fade back a bit while retaining that impression.

Second linki: Ahh Blooper I want to post tooooo
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh! Hello Sock Friend and Skelator Friend!!

Linki - Hi boomslang too!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Golden Friend I almost missed you! <33 it wasn't on purpose.
Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrWilgy wrote:Golden Friend I almost missed you! <33 it wasn't on purpose.
My sweetest friend!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

Epi's posts have gotten much less obtuse as the game has gone on, I'll give you that much. So I'm stepping back from the idea of obfuscation for now. And I agree that accuracy does not make alignment. But he actively pursued other targets (Epi, BWT, JJJ) in thread instead of just saying he disagreed with the inh lynch. He could've done more late in the day, but he did offer some potential alternatives if others would've taken them.

Linki w/Golden: I don't necessarily think both are fake. But I think odds are high one is, given what we know about the roles.
Linki w/MP: Spinning my wheels here, but I'd say a mafia J could be pretending to help temper his high post count from yesterday. He came out swinging, establishing himself as a strong inquisitive force (see Scotty calling him the Spanish Inquisition, for crying out loud), and playing insanified lets him fade back a bit while retaining that impression.

Second linki: Ahh Blooper I want to post tooooo
That's all fair. Thanks for the response. I'll see whether I agree with that claim when ISO Scotty tomorrow (that's what I'm hoping to do anyway).

That's a logical conclusion. I'm not sure what I think of it. I think mafia members faking curses almost never happens, but it's possible. I've done it once before.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

DrWilgy wrote:But bloops... I don't have time to read the thread and am only seeing bits and pieces.

I'm not going to pretend that I've read all of Epi's posts, but what I have read I gut read as bad.

Blooper Friend gth me.
GTH? Bad. Not confidently so, but them's the breaks. It looks like a cop-out vote, and if you're picking bits and pieces, Epi's is an easy one to go for since he's only been posting in hypothetical song titles. Are you one to go for easy pickings?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yo Wilgy! Throw some reads at me, bud.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I Like This A Lot Because It Sounds Logical and Not Angry or Annoyed or Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Golden wrote:
Full of broken thoughts
A million miles away?
Do You Think He's Faking It?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Golden wrote:
Full of broken thoughts
A million miles away?
I will let you down
Golden wrote:
Full of broken thoughts
Full of broken thoughts!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Golden wrote:
Full of broken thoughts
A million miles away?
I will let you down
Golden wrote:
Full of broken thoughts
Full of broken thoughts!
I'm confused.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm confused.
The old familiar sting
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
The old familiar sting
Was that an insult? :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:
Golden wrote:What have I become?
This can be managed. From now on, let's form a cypher from the Loren obtuse passages.

If you mean yes, or good, (or agree) post "my sweetest friend"
If you mean no, or bad, (or disagree) post "I will let you down"
My sweetest friend.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”