I'm the Host
3%

Total votes: 36
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 1]

Post by Elohcin »

woops, when Epi left the dinner table to go vote, I just assumed vocaroo. I was thinking this was 48 hours. Sorry all.

linki....a baddie...cool!
linki
linki can I post?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 253

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Let the record show, Epignosis has bussed a teammate once in his life, and it was Dragon D. Luffy on Day 1. :srsnod:
:grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

insertnamehere wrote:huh. well. looks like I need to re-assess some things and watch La Jetee on Flimstruck.

I'm not gonna lie, the result of this day left me breathless. Hopefully Llama forgives the contempt from earlier. Not sure what to think about the band of outsiders who voted alongside me for Llama. But still, it's my life to live, and my vote to give, so I'm still gonna defend the logic I used when I wrote a case against Llama. Anywho, I'll have more to say over the course of the week end.

Image <3 I saw what you did there
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 266

Post by Quin »

insertnamehere wrote:huh. well. looks like I need to re-assess some things and watch La Jetee on Flimstruck.

I'm not gonna lie, the result of this day left me breathless. Hopefully Llama forgives the contempt from earlier. Not sure what to think about the band of outsiders who voted alongside me for Llama. But still, it's my life to live, and my vote to give, so I'm still gonna defend the logic I used when I wrote a case against Llama. Anywho, I'll have more to say over the course of the week end.
Why does a baddie DDL flip clear llama? I don't see the posts in either guys ISO's that would point to that.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Polls]

Post by Mongoose »

Day 1

Who is the Seventh Sister?
Poll ended at Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:10:26 pm

A Person
No votes
Boomslang
No votes
Dragon D. Luffy
nijuukyugou (8), Boomslang (9), Metalmarsh89 (10), Sorsha (13), Epignosis (14) 36%
DrWilgy
No votes
Elohcin
No votes
Epignosis
No votes
INH
No votes
JaggedJimmyJ
No votes
LongCon
No votes
Made
No votes
Metalmarsh89
JaggedJimmyJay (5) 7%
MovingPictures
Scotty (7) 7%
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
Scotty
No votes
Sorsha
thellama73 (2) 7%
thellama73
insertnamehere (4), Long Con (6), Quin (11), DrWilgy (12) 29%
Vompatti (Host/Mod/NPs/Vomps)
Mongoose (1), juliets (3) 14%
Total votes : 14
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 97

Post by insertnamehere »

Mongoose wrote:

There's actually five Godard references in that post. I'll award five hundred meaningless INH Points™ to whoever can find them all.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Quin wrote:

Why does a baddie DDL flip clear llama? I don't see the posts in either guys ISO's that would point to that.
I don't think Llama is cleared by any means, but I'm not quite as hot on him as I was before DDL's flip-eroo.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

insertnamehere wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

There's actually five Godard references in that post. I'll award five hundred meaningless INH Points™ to whoever can find them all.
Oh, I saw more. I just didn't want to appear pretentious. Breathess, My Life to Live, Contempt, Band of Outsiders, Weekend (hells bells that film). I hope you enjoy going to Alphaville this holiday weekend.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:

I don't think Llama is cleared by any means, but I'm not quite as hot on him as I was before DDL's flip-eroo.
Why?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Night 1]

Post by Mongoose »

Host Post:

Post 1 has been updated with permalinks to the Day 0 and Day 1 posts. Poll is up! Votes will be changeable until the poll closes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Towny McTownface »

Right lads, ya got lucky this time, but all 'n all, I think yer performance is bloody sub par.

Best step it up and start gettin' to the real nitty gritty scritti politti or you'll be as gone as yesterday's fish and chip papers.

There's a right few folk who haven't even had a proper butchers yet, so sharpen yer mince pies and get busy, sods!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jean Genie wrote:Right lads, ya got lucky this time, but all 'n all, I think yer performance is bloody sub par.

Best step it up and start gettin' to the real nitty gritty scritti politti or you'll be as gone as yesterday's fish and chip papers.

There's a right few folk who haven't even had a proper butchers yet, so sharpen yer mince pies and get busy, sods!
And where were you when we lynched Jnco?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

I was in me bleedin' lamp, where d'ya think?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

STOP RUBBING THE JEANS
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jean Genie wrote:Right lads, ya got lucky this time, but all 'n all, I think yer performance is bloody sub par.

Hey, why don't I trust you?
ImageImageImageImage
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:

Hey, why don't I trust you?
Ignorance, innit?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I just like to be controversial. :keys:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by thellama73 »

What is this sock shenanigans?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

When I said that I wanted Sock to post more, I didn't mean it like this.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Hello friends, Real life was a thing, but catching up now.
Pov: you reading my takes
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 21

Post by DrWilgy »

A Jean genie? What'n tarnation!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 253

Post by Epignosis »

I am a civilian. That much is proven.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 290
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Super neat. Nicely done on the lynch y'all. A dead mafioso on Day 1 presents a lot of unique opportunities for data mining given that [presumably] no mafia team ever wants to start the game from behind. I'll do my standard digging and see what I find.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A Person -- no data related to DDL

Boomslang
Boomslang wrote:Epi makes a simple but sensible read on DDL's inconsistency. And DDL has since posted, but not addressed it.
Boomslang wrote:Alright, I have to vote. The least ambiguous case right now is DDL—clear contradiction, followed by a lack of explanation in subsequent check-in. Time to eat nachos and drink beer.
The first post is cut out from a larger post of reads. DDL was the only player about whom Boomslang spoke solely with negativity. His vote for DDL was 2nd of 5 and tied him in the tally with llama. That's a very nice look.

DrWilgy
DrWilgy wrote:Voted the Llama.
His vote for llama was 4th of 4, and it placed llama in a 4-3 lead over DDL in the tally. There are numerous examples in Wilgy's post history of suspicion being stated to/about llama, so in terms of consistency there's no apparent issue with his vote selection (he didn't say anything about DDL). The timing isn't ideal; it gave llama the lead late.

Elohcin -- no data related to DDL

Epignosis
Epignosis wrote:I don't think DDL is a civilian either. I would lynch him.
Case against DDL
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:When I said I'd break the tie, I expected llama to at least acknowledge it, since he was one of the two I'd be voting to lynch. I think he was complacent enough to give it a pass based on my earlier posts about him.

I also think the contradiction people suspect DDL for isn't of value. That's who he is, I know that much. I also think he'd have a new energy here if he was bad, considering he often complains about how he never rolls bad here.
Why speak up now? What value is this comment at this stage?
Epignosis wrote:I suspected DDL. My suspicion wasn't strong, but it's there. That's where my vote goes today.
His vote for DDL was 5th of 5 and gave him the lead in the tally at the last minute. He was the origin of the case against DDL and by virtue the lynch's primary driver. These are all very good looks. To suspect Epignosis is to accuse him of a taking a significant bussing risk (one that I am not sure he'd even care to do at DDL's request) that he probably didn't need to take. In a separate post I'll explore the parallel to Guess Who that Marmot mentioned for good measure.

insertnamehere
insertnamehere wrote:Might as well make the first move. Or the second move, to be more accurate, thanks to Llama's Sorsha vote.

*votes thellama73*
His vote for llama was the 1st of 4. When his vote was placed there were no votes on DDL, so the llama wagon cannot be called a "counterwagon" yet. His suspicion of llama was well-documented. He had no discussion about DDL.

Long Con
Link to full post referenced below in pieces
Long Con wrote:I find myself agreeing with this.
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Fair. The last post there is the one I liked from DDL because I've known him to be willing to lynch people for reasons that I'd call more strategy-relevant than alignment-relevant. You're correct though that there is hypocrisy in that given his empty posts before that.
I cannot recall seeing a time when hypocrisy had any connection to alignment. If anything, I would theorize that baddies are more likely to take care not to be a hypocrite, because their behaviour has a certain level of craft necessary... on the flip side, a Civ barrels forward, unconcerned for the most part with how they look as they find the baddies, and thus be easier targets for the hypocrisy accusation angle.

That isn't to say I want to defend DDL specifically, this is something I wish to monitor over multiple games, because I do see the hypocrisy accusation come up here and there. I don't think it holds water.
Long Con "found himself agreeing" with Epi's case against DDL. In the same post, he pooh-poohed my own agreement with Epi's observation of hypocrisy in DDL's posts. Indeed that was the central point of Epi's case -- that DDL expressed a willingness to lynch people who were discussing game mechanics instead of hunting while he himself had done no hunting either. So I don't understand how LC could simultaneously agree with Epi and disagree with me -- it's a paradox.

Epi makes case. JJJ affirms core element of Epi's case. LC agrees with Epi's case. LC disagrees with JJJ. How is this possible?

His vote for llama was 2nd out of 4, also before DDL received any votes (so it wasn't yet a "counterwagon"). I need to see an explanation for the above issue.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Made -- no data related to DDL

Metalmarsh89
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:A number is considered oddly even if it is only divisible by one (1) even number.

So Night 2 will see two (2) nightkills. :scared:
I think you are mistaking odd numbers for prime numbers.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:At this moment, I would vote a low-non poster or Dragon D. Luffy based on the case Epignosis put forth.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Voting DDL to break the tie.
Marmot's vote for DDL was 3rd of 5 and gave DDL a 3-2 lead over llama in the tally. The interactive content is limited but the vote is a good look. There could also be an element of self-preservation to consider here, since before he voted those two wagons were 2-2 and he had 1 vote himself (from me). Taking that into account, it's additionally ideal that his vote landed on the confirmed bad guy.

MovingPictures07 -- no data related to DDL

nijuukyuogou
nijuukyugou wrote:Like in Legend of Zelda Mafia? :feb:

Anyway, I'm pointing these fingers at llama, but I don't intend to vote for him today. Why? Because a) I'm majorly disinclined to vote for people participating in the beginning (I've mentioned my reasons for this in like the past five games I've played) and b) I'm not at the suspicion point with him - I'm just indicating that this is not necessarily civ behavior from him, and he should be watched.

Other thoughts:

- MM doesn't get frustrated like he is currently. Won't vote for him. Dude gets voted out Days 1 constantly.
- Liking Epi's points on DDL. Hypocritical, and not posting much (and hardly anything of substance). May very well vote that way.
- Not agreeing with llama's assertions on Sorsha at this moment, or especially others latching on. Give a joke post, get a joke post. I don't really see the baddiness.
- Want to vote a low/non-poster. But not Made. Haven't played with that dude for too long. Where is MP? Weeeeeeird.

Okay, I'm getting rambly. And hungry. And in need of human interaction. And beer. Gonna vote DDL and see what happens.
Her DDL vote was 1st of 5, placed when llama was at 2 votes. To this point a few people had expressed interest in Epi's suspicion of DDL, but niju was the first to act on it and I think that's a good thing for her. She set the circumstances to allow the momentum to roll in the ultimately correct direction.

Quin
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin's immediate response to being given an early positive read was to poke me about it. I like.
The fact that I was one of the eight names doesn't matter at all actually. I'm curious because I think there should be some instance of overlap with that many people.
I don't think his intention was to make a comprehensive list of reads on all players, just point out people who pinged him one way or another.
Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Voting DDL to break the tie.
Voting llama to retie it.
Quin wrote:When I said I'd break the tie, I expected llama to at least acknowledge it, since he was one of the two I'd be voting to lynch. I think he was complacent enough to give it a pass based on my earlier posts about him.

I also think the contradiction people suspect DDL for isn't of value. That's who he is, I know that much. I also think he'd have a new energy here if he was bad, considering he often complains about how he never rolls bad here.
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Why speak up now? What value is this comment at this stage?
Didn't feel like it at the time. The assumption that he'd have a new energy thing came recently and was what made me connect it into a worthwhile thought in his favour.
Quin's vote for llama was 3rd of 4 and tied him in the tally with DDL. Prior to placing his vote, there's no clear trend in his posts which would foretell his voting for either of the players in the war-of-wagons. That he elected to vote llama in the end stands in stark contrast to this post from earlier in the day phase:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What I like about llama is that he has drawn attention to himself deliberately and doesn't seem to give a damn. He made the game's first accusation, he assumed a confident posture in that read, and then he placed the game's first vote. At face value I like that kind of behavior.
I dig all of this. I won't even put my tinfoil hat on.
He explained his turn on llama in the green-highlighted text in the first of these two spoiler boxes. Quin, please expand on what you meant here; I don't understand where your head was at. Describe thoroughly the move you made re: llama and how it led to your change of heart in your read.

We see from Quin that his vote for llama was motivated from both significant angles here -- he expressed a reason to distrust llama and also a reason to trust DDL. In this regard, his effort to move the lynch in llama's direction and away from DDL cannot be refuted. That's simply what happened. One can fairly state that Quin has been caught with his pants down. That doesn't have to mean he's DDL's teammate, but it's not a good look and that's the uphill battle he'll be faced with moving forward.

Scotty

His vote went to MP at a time when llama had 2 votes and DDL had 0 votes. A solo vote for an inactive player is true to Scotty's M.O. and leaves us with little to judge either way. There's no discussion of DDL in his posts.

Sorsha
Sorsha wrote:I have the worst feels for the following people:

MM- he's been present and posting but not saying much game relevant. I know that's typical Marmot, especially day one but I think there has been comment worthy material here that I'd expect him to weigh in on.

Scotty- I don't like how he so easily jumped on llamas case on me. It was still day zero and he was already prepping to jump on a Sorsha lynch-train. Very unlike Scotty who is normally a low/no poster voter, especially day one.

DDL- maybe he's just busy but he was a big poster early in ASOUE as a civ and hasn't been yet here. He's been here but like Epi pointed out, hasn't said much.

A Person, blooper, Eloh- no content but have posted
Sorsha wrote:Voting DDL to break the tie again! So much fun
Sorsha's vote for DDL was 4th of 5 and tied him with llama. Her green-highlighted observation of DDL's low activity level being atypical of his civilian game meshes with my own observation. Sorsha's vote is a fantastic look for her, perhaps the best look of anyone, because of who the counterwagon was. If Sorsha was DDL's teammate, then that means she willfully tried to lynch her teammate instead of the very player who had spent Days 0 and 1 trying to kill her. I don't know if any mafioso out there would operate that way. She had a golden opportunity to get llama out of here and instead placed a pivotal vote in the DDL lynch. Excellent.

thellama73
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Can you guys stop harassing the host and do some baddie hunting? I found Sorsha. What have you done?
You must be fun at parties.

Once people get bored of your fez.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:That said, I'm always in for voting for players who spent all game talking about game mechanics instead of hunting scum.
thellama73 wrote:I tend to view the game in terms of Hunters and Blenders. Some skilled baddies are able to seem like Hunters, but most Hunters are good. A lot of civilians are Blenders because that's just their playstyle, but a Blender is more likely to be bad.

So far:
A Person
Boomslang
Dragon D Luffy
DrWilgy
Elohcin
insernamehere
Long Con
Made
Metalmarsh89
MovingPictures07
ninjuukyugou
and Sorsha are Blenders

Epignosis
JaggedimmyJay
Quin
and Scotty have shown at least some signs of being Hunters.
thellama73 wrote:I also agree with the players saying that DDL sounds civ. He sounds civ to me too, particularly his post about game mechanics.
Recall that llama's vote was for Sorsha, the first vote placed by anyone on Day 1. This means he was unable to vote in self-preservation when he was in danger of being lynched. He was supportive of DDL in the only conclusive comment he made about him, which is perhaps striking after having labeled him as a "blender". It should also be noted that half of llama's voters placed their votes on him before DDL had any votes, so to call him a "counterwagon" isn't quite accurate. That term applies better in reference to the votes from Quin and DrWilgy. Relative to DDL, I don't think this information does much to clear llama and that he should be read independent of DDL interaction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Let the record show, Epignosis has bussed a teammate once in his life, and it was Dragon D. Luffy on Day 1. :srsnod:
I figured I'd explore this comparison to be safe. I can actually recall another instance of Epi bussing a teammate: Scotty on Day 1 of Red vs. Blue. So I'll look at both.

~ In Guess Who, Epi was aggressive against him teammate DDL. In the process of that aggression though, he repeatedly called DDL a suspect alongside Black Rock, who was a civilian. In this regard, mafioso Epi left himself the space to either go through with the bus job or push a civilian instead depending upon how circumstances developed. He voted DDL on Days 1 and 2 (the latter resulting in a lynch). The two of them engaged in a lengthy exchange throughout, painting a cleaner image of distance to maximize the value of the bus.

This all contrasts this game in that Epi was narrower in his anti-DDL maneuver (we don't know the alignments of anyone else he has expressed concern about, but he was singular in his desire to lynch DDL anyway). There were also no distancing exchanges given DDL's absence.

~ In Red vs. Blue, Epi was more direct and singular in his Day 1 move against Scotty. He addressed Scotty directly with an accusation, pressed the issue a few times to incite a response (presumably as it was being discussed in BTSC), and left his vote on him. In this case though, the deadline was in the morning which I believe left Epi in a tough spot in terms of being present in the end. He was only barely there for a single post in the hours approaching EOD and didn't have many opportunities to move his vote. In this regard it may have been a sort of half-accidental bus job.

The directness of his accusation in this example matches more closely with what we see in this game. The timing of the vote is very different though, which is a crucial thing given that he essentially killed DDL himself in this game by placing the swing vote.

~~~

After review, I think calling Epignosis a teammate of DDL in this game is more conspiracy theory than reasoned thinking.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:In a number of recent games (and in the history of mafia in general), I have seen mafia-aligned players offer little-to-no content while the noisy civilians yell at each other about which one of the other noisy civilians is the scummiest.
I don't understand what this has to do with what I said. This point is actually the very same as the one made by llama earlier in this thread. You called llama evil in your first post. What of that?
In your first post of the game, you said you were Brett Favre. I did not take you seriously. :|

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:In your first post of the game, you said you were Brett Favre. I did not take you seriously. :|
I was being silly because of the relationship between Brett Favre and jeans. There is no way to take that seriously.

You called llama evil in a Mafia thread. I took it as a read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

@3J - I said I'd break the tie. DDL aside - for llama, that's significant, not only because it tells him that I'm keen on lynching one of the two of them, but because it tells them I have a reason to want to be involved in that wagon-war beyond what my posts showed at the time. Llama acknowledged neither of those things even though he was right there in the thread and had every reason to. I was just waiting for civilian behaviour from him, and I got none. I was cool with INH's llama thoughts too, so there's that as well. Still waiting to hear an explanation for his shifting read on llama, though. That's not going away, INH.

I see no reason why today should influence on my read on llama. They could easily be teammates. Hell, Llama threw a civ read at the guy for 'sounding civ' and all DDL had with him was fluff. Meh.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Quin

Was there a moment before your pledge to break the tie when your read on llama shifted for the worse?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:@Quin

Was there a moment before your pledge to break the tie when your read on llama shifted for the worse?
Not really, but the voices in my head told me to test him.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:

What are your strongest reads right now, civilian and mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:

I think Sorsha and Epi are civ, and llama is bad. I'd have put a civ read on INH too, if it weren't for his awkward change of heart. I'll see where his response takes me.

What are yours?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think there are strong reasons to read all of the DDL voters as civilian (niju, Boom, Marmot, Sorsha, and Epi).

My top suspect is Long Con. After that I am not sure. I need to hear more from people.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Elohcin »

JJJ, thank you so much for the voting recap, that helps me tremendously when it comes to catching up after my busy day yesterday. I am voting l.e.i. again.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:In your first post of the game, you said you were Brett Favre. I did not take you seriously. :|
I was being silly because of the relationship between Brett Favre and jeans. There is no way to take that seriously.

I added a letter to the word fvelt, and I never followed up on it. I'm surprised you would believe such a thing said at such a point in the game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Image
:haha:

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I added a letter to the word fvelt, and I never followed up on it. I'm surprised you would believe such a thing said at such a point in the game.
If a player states a read I am going to proceed with it as a read. Adding a letter to "felt" is not a read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

If a player states a read I am going to proceed with it as a read. Adding a letter to "felt" is not a read.
Exactly! It's not a read.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Exactly! It's not a read.
Ask yourself what an observing player who is not you is supposed to think when seeing an assertion that llama is evil immediately after llama renders a harsh accusation on Day 0.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I didn't take him seriously.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:I didn't take him seriously.
What is your point?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:I didn't take him seriously.
What is your point?
You're pursuing this as though it was a real read. It was a joke read. You should be able to see the difference, and govern yourself accordingly.

If a joke read like that signals that MM is bad to you, then accuse him of that. Don't act like "Well what are we all supposed to think when you say Llama is evil; obviously everyone will think you think Llama is evil!" I don't believe you really think that.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I keep looking at this post, and wondering what you're up to here, Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd be surprised if Wilgy and Marmot behaved that way again as evil teammates since it blew up in their faces in ROTTK.

I guess you could say I am hesitant to drink the wine in front of me.

I do think MM is lynchable on his own power though.
What is the point of the last line? Why does it matter that I'm "lynchable under my own power"?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I keep looking at this post, and wondering what you're up to here, Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd be surprised if Wilgy and Marmot behaved that way again as evil teammates since it blew up in their faces in ROTTK.

I guess you could say I am hesitant to drink the wine in front of me.

I do think MM is lynchable on his own power though.
What is the point of the last line? Why does it matter that I'm "lynchable under my own power"?
I was discussing with Scotty the notion of an MM/Wilgy teammate relationship. I suggested that I didn't think you two would approach this game similarly to ROTTK if so because it worked so poorly in that game.

Regardless of that relationship I found you suspicious on your own. That was what I intended to convey in the last line.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Good result and good analysis of the votes, Jay!

I do not think this necessarily clears Epi, but it sure does look good for him to not be a bad pair of jeans.

Though there is that Genie floating around on his own agenda.

Unless...some fair bear holds the lamp :grin:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I figured I'd explore this comparison to be safe. I can actually recall another instance of Epi bussing a teammate: Scotty on Day 1 of Red vs. Blue. So I'll look at both.

~ In Guess Who, Epi was aggressive against him teammate DDL. In the process of that aggression though, he repeatedly called DDL a suspect alongside Black Rock, who was a civilian. In this regard, mafioso Epi left himself the space to either go through with the bus job or push a civilian instead depending upon how circumstances developed. He voted DDL on Days 1 and 2 (the latter resulting in a lynch). The two of them engaged in a lengthy exchange throughout, painting a cleaner image of distance to maximize the value of the bus.

This all contrasts this game in that Epi was narrower in his anti-DDL maneuver (we don't know the alignments of anyone else he has expressed concern about, but he was singular in his desire to lynch DDL anyway). There were also no distancing exchanges given DDL's absence.

~ In Red vs. Blue, Epi was more direct and singular in his Day 1 move against Scotty. He addressed Scotty directly with an accusation, pressed the issue a few times to incite a response (presumably as it was being discussed in BTSC), and left his vote on him. In this case though, the deadline was in the morning which I believe left Epi in a tough spot in terms of being present in the end. He was only barely there for a single post in the hours approaching EOD and didn't have many opportunities to move his vote. In this regard it may have been a sort of half-accidental bus job.

The directness of his accusation in this example matches more closely with what we see in this game. The timing of the vote is very different though, which is a crucial thing given that he essentially killed DDL himself in this game by placing the swing vote.

~~~

After review, I think calling Epignosis a teammate of DDL in this game is more conspiracy theory than reasoned thinking.
The main difference here is that Epi started the case against DDL, as opposed to latching on to a directive from elsewhere, which is a great look for him to not be on DDL's team.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JJJ you omitted your own takenon DDL. Don't worry, I looked it up for you:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:People I have felt good about for at least one second:

Quin
Scotty
thellama73
DDL

People I have felt bad about for at least one second:

Sorsha
Long Con
Metalmarsh89
Epignosis
"Felt good about"
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't think DDL is a civilian either. I would lynch him.
Whaddya got?
Putting out feelers.

Epi lays out his case.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Fair. The last post there is the one I liked from DDL because I've known him to be willing to lynch people for reasons that I'd call more strategy-relevant than alignment-relevant. You're correct though that there is hypocrisy in that given his empty posts before that.
This is quite the wishy washy post that comes to an open-ended conclusion on DDL's alignment.

You voted for MM when llama had 1 vote and DDL had absolutely no sign of being voted for, so we can't assume or take anything from your vote there. But I especially don't like your last post I quoted in regards to DDL. It's not damning to be frank, but it's as if Epi was a dog coming up to you with a leash in his mouth begging to go on a walk, you patting him on the head, saying "Good boy," and proceeding to read your newspaper in solidarity.

I dunno man. I think you look sorta fishy here JJJ with this flip

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Devil's advocate for a sec- this vote analysis comes at only half value because how do we know llama isn't bad?

If llama is bad, there's probably a higher chance one of them was bussed by at least 1 team member. I will agree with JJJ's analysis that the DDL voters do look the best here tho

Return to “Previous Side Missions”