GAME OVER: BLUE vs. RED

Moderator: Community Team

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Day 2- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Obviously the rest of Epi's post is your typical godless slander from the liberal elite.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:If we leave Jack alive we need to have unanimous lynch candidates or he can literally pop up and hammer people he knows to be civ. So basically if we are reaching end of day and have no unanimous candidate, we have to lynch him.

Otherwise yeah ignore him for the rest of the day and if we can find a unanimous candidate ignore everything he does as wifom.
I would love to see him literally pop up and hammer people.
Boy have I got a home movie for you.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

The reason we have to lynch Jack today is because his vote will give the Mafia a greater advantage.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 329

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Jackie O is vanilla.

I was comfortable keeping him around, saying that I would rather lynch the mafia member with an ability.

However, I looked back and saw that none of us (the RED vs. BLUE mafia) had any ability at all, and there was a third party, and Trump had an ability.

Given that data, I think it is reasonable to assume the entire mafia is powerless beyond a kill.

I don't mind lynching Jackie O, but I would only do so as a last resort. Lynching exposed mafia only keeps his teammates out of discussion and pressure.
I don't think it's far fetched to assume there's at least some kind of lynch manipulation power. In addition, all those points handed out by the host might be related somehow to lynch results.
I get discussing everything else, but it's not like you're going to learn anything from those voting Jack today or the next day, so why not discuss who looks bad, and unless we find someone who feels bad, get rid of the known baddie?

And instead of discussing other options, we're now wasting our time discussing whether to waste our time voting the baddie or not...
That's where my head is: The discussion today shouldn't be, "Do we let Jack alone right now?" It should be "Who are his teammates?"

And I'm not worried about lynch manipulation. I don't recall any in this game's predecessor, and Jack is vanilla, so there's nothing to fear on his end.

I wonder if Jack will vote, and for whom. :dark:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:The reason we have to lynch Jack today is because his vote will give the Mafia a greater advantage.
Or a disadvantage. Does he use his vote to expose a teammate? Try to frame someone? Abstain?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:The reason we have to lynch Jack today is because his vote will give the Mafia a greater advantage.
Or a disadvantage. Does he use his vote to expose a teammate? Try to frame someone? Abstain?
All forms of advantage.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Day 1- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Scotty wrote:This might be cliche but I'm not thrilled with any of Marmot's 7 posts so far. Granted, that was Day 0. But he could probably shave the fluff, that naked rat
What's a townie Marmot look like?
I cut out the naked mammal even though Eloh is dead.

We know this is a fabricated question, because either Jack knows MM is a civilian or he doesn't care for the answer because MM isn't.

Given that Scotty had already implied his reason for not liking MM's posts (they're devoid of game-related purpose), this by itself looks suspicious to me. However, subsequent MM interactions make me less inclined to believe they are working together.

I do believe, on the other hand, that Jack's exchange with Scotty about other people opened the door for this pointless question:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Tell me more about DF's meta. He made it like 3 posts before getting replaced in the only game we've played together.
Scotty never got back to answer about DF. For the same reason outlined above, Jack obviously wasn't interested in learning anything about DF (notice that he never got an answer and never asked anybody else about DF). Given what was already said about DF's tendency toward being a low poster (what Scotty said and Jack's mention of DF getting replaced), and given that Jack only asked this specific question about MM and DF, I believe one of them is on his team.

Between the two of them, I'd say it's DF.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote:I won't be able to catch up on the thread until tonight, so I randomized Sawyer. I hate randomizing, but I haven't read since page 3 and literally have no suspicions yet.
This was Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:13 pm EST. I note that there were only seven pages, which means DF was only four pages behind. Surely he could have skimmed and made a more informed decision in that time, could he not?
DFaraday wrote:Finally caught up. Good result, all! RIP Elo.

I agree that there's no rush to lynch Jack, we just need to be careful about how close lynches are or he could tip the scales. Then again, I doubt he'd use that to save a teammate, but rather frame a civ.

To Sawyer: I have no suspicion of you. I randomized from everybody besides myself and it was you. That's all.
This next post is Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:15 am EST, over 36 hours later. In it, DF did nothing but talk about Jack- no mention of suspects, whom he would have voted had he been caught up, no ideas on who is a civilian- nada.

I'm voting DFaraday.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Scotty wrote:This might be cliche but I'm not thrilled with any of Marmot's 7 posts so far. Granted, that was Day 0. But he could probably shave the fluff, that naked rat

We know this is a fabricated question, because either Jack knows MM is a civilian or he doesn't care for the answer because MM isn't.

Given that Scotty had already implied his reason for not liking MM's posts (they're devoid of game-related purpose), this by itself looks suspicious to me. However, subsequent MM interactions make me less inclined to believe they are working together.

I do believe, on the other hand, that Jack's exchange with Scotty about other people opened the door for this pointless question:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Tell me more about DF's meta. He made it like 3 posts before getting replaced in the only game we've played together.
Scotty never got back to answer about DF. For the same reason outlined above, Jack obviously wasn't interested in learning anything about DF (notice that he never got an answer and never asked anybody else about DF). Given what was already said about DF's tendency toward being a low poster (what Scotty said and Jack's mention of DF getting replaced), and given that Jack only asked this specific question about MM and DF, I believe one of them is on his team.

It's definitely not me, I woulda killed Epignosis Night 1. ;)

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I thought maybe Jack calling Wilgy "Wigly" might have been a deliberate distancing thing, but he calls him that a bunch of times in Phenon as well, so it looks like a genuine mistake.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

It's definitely not me, I woulda killed Epignosis Night 1. ;)
I'm sure that would have been quite impossible.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Day 0- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Hi everyone! I'm a doctor and Epignosis is bad!
They said I could keep my doctor, but I now see I'm stuck with Wigly.

:shrug:

Sorry guys, that's the best I got, tonight.
Hiii Jaaaaaaack, do you want to conquer the world with me?
Also, as a side note, I might have given Jack the whole game just for showing me this gif, one of my new faves. So, thanks Scotty again.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:
Scotty wrote:Everyone's checked in, so...ima thinking one of the low posters is definitely bad.

Jackofhearts, I see you.
Too easy.
FZ post worth noting.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 179

Post by thellama73 »

Alright, starting my ISOs with Jack. Not too much there, but this stood out to me. I can see this casual flirting as teammates potentially having fun with one another. Worth keeping an eye on Wilgy.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Hi everyone! I'm a doctor and Epignosis is bad!
They said I could keep my doctor, but I now see I'm stuck with Wigly.

:shrug:

Sorry guys, that's the best I got, tonight.
Hiii Jaaaaaaack, do you want to conquer the world with me?

Also, I won't quote it because it's lengthy, but Jack's interactions with Long Con make me think LC is NOT on his team.

Looking at Eloh next.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Day 0- BLUE vs. RED

Post by thellama73 »

The only thing I really see in Eloh is this post.
Elohcin wrote:I've been out in the real world and/or sleeping for the past 36 hours or so and it made me forget about this game. But I am back now and I think Marmot's question to Quin is a good one. I will keep reading to see his answer.
Marmot wrote:
Quin wrote:I would like this FZ. person to check in. I don't think I've played with him before.
FZ is a she, and it's good to have her back.

Are you two teammates?
I didn't have to read far. His snarky remark doesn't sit well. He hasn't "checked her role card" possibly because she hasn't checked in to BTSC yet to tell him who she is. I will keep my eye on Quin.
Quin wrote:
Marmot wrote:
Quin wrote:I would like this FZ. person to check in. I don't think I've played with him before.
Eloh is not the only person to have expressed suspicion of Quin, myself being another. If (and that's a big if) the mafia was trying to get rid of ELoh for a specific reason, it could be trying to minimize votes against Quin in future days.

FZ is a she, and it's good to have her back.

Are you two teammates?
I don't know, I haven't checked her role card.
I'm going to go make my kids breakfast. I will be back later to read more.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Well, I just spent a long time looking at Quin. The thing I noticed about him was how short his posts have been. More than half of them are under 10 words. I wanted to see if this was typical or some sort of tell, so I looked at some previous games. Quin was a little chattier in Felt 2, where he was civ, but in A Mafia of Unfortunate Events, he was quite short, and an Indy. I thought I might be on to something, but then I looked at Lost 2, where he was a civvie, and his posting style is very similar to what I'm seeing here.

So I'm back to square one on Quin. :shrug:

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

It seems pretty obvious to me that Jack specifically mentioned me because he was engaging multiple points from Scotty's post, in which Scotty mentions me separately from low posters in general. You're right that he didn't actually care about the answer, it seems like he just tried to address many points to seem like an active civ.
Scotty wrote: I actually flipped a coin among a few of you that had low posts and you came up, but since you're around and talking:

Do I "still" think low posters are bad? I don't know where the "still" came from. Still from last game? Just generally?
The low posting is not what makes you bad, but what you make of your posts. I would say some baddies are bound to be pretty slinky on day 1, so I don't give passes to low posters. No.

DF is an example of someone that gets heated when I talk about low posters, so his response to my vote for you is pretty much on par for him.

"Quin, aren't you known for having several page long arguments over nuances of language aka talking in circles?

I don't fault S-V-S for this at all. That said, I don't think it's necessarily a scumtell for you so. :shrug2:

And that's all I have to say about that."
So do you suspect Quin or not? That's all you have to say, but you really didn't say much of anything.

And you're using a lot of smilies my man. Seems pretty happy go lucky.

Ima keep my vote on you for now
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Yo Scotty.

"Still" refers to the post I quoted where you said low posters are definitely bad.

Tell me more about DF's meta. He made it like 3 posts before getting replaced in the only game we've played together.

I don't suspect Quin and I don't not-suspect Quin if you know what I mean. I expect Quin (not town Quin or scum Quin) to get into arguments over wording. So I think SVS being like "I'm not gonna get into it with you" is reasonable but it does nothing to convince me Quin is scum, either. Haven't played with SVS before. What do you think of SVS's case on Quin, specifically in your thoughts on SVS.

I'm very happy, thank you. Apparently, posting smilies is a tell for me. Means I'm at my pc. I usually phone post and can't be bothered to go through the menu and I don't know the smiley shortcuts on this board yet.
Re: your other points: 2:13 p.m. means I literally walked out the door for work a minute after posting that. I didn't even have time to skim that page. And my next post was at 2:15 a.m., where I was barely awake and not up to making a lengthy post. Had I done so, I'd have said that I would have voted Scotty (which I know sounds like a cheap answer, but his posts were fairly damning), and as far as who is civ or bad:

Civ

Mac (He was pointing the finger at Jack all along, which especially on Day 1 could easily turn into a lynch, so I don't see him being Jack's teammate)
Llama (His repeated mixups of Sawyer and Jack feels like a bizarre distancing tactic if they were teammates)
Epi (His catch of Scotty appears to be legitimate baddie hunting)

Baddie

SVS (Her odd comments about Elo's death)
FZ (All her questions are reminiscent of a baddie trying to appear out of the loop and thus harmless. Also she sounded very waffly in all her posts about Scotty)
Floyd (Just by default)

Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I won't be able to catch up on the thread until tonight, so I randomized Sawyer. I hate randomizing, but I haven't read since page 3 and literally have no suspicions yet.
This was Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:13 pm EST. I note that there were only seven pages, which means DF was only four pages behind. Surely he could have skimmed and made a more informed decision in that time, could he not?
DFaraday wrote:Finally caught up. Good result, all! RIP Elo.

I agree that there's no rush to lynch Jack, we just need to be careful about how close lynches are or he could tip the scales. Then again, I doubt he'd use that to save a teammate, but rather frame a civ.

To Sawyer: I have no suspicion of you. I randomized from everybody besides myself and it was you. That's all.
This next post is Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:15 am EST, over 36 hours later. In it, DF did nothing but talk about Jack- no mention of suspects, whom he would have voted had he been caught up, no ideas on who is a civilian- nada.

I'm voting DFaraday.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Post by DrWilgy »

DF I agree with Mac and Epi. How hard would've it been to voice your concern/suspicion regarding SVS and FZ? I don't believe a civilian would finish a lengthy catch up and not mention that.

I'll place my vote on you.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:DF I agree with Mac and Epi. How hard would've it been to voice your concern/suspicion regarding SVS and FZ? I don't believe a civilian would finish a lengthy catch up and not mention that.

I don't understand this. What specifically do you agree with from Mac and me?

When should DF have mentioned his concern about S~V~S and FZ.?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:DF I agree with Mac and Epi. How hard would've it been to voice your concern/suspicion regarding SVS and FZ? I don't believe a civilian would finish a lengthy catch up and not mention that.

I don't understand this. What specifically do you agree with from Mac and me?

When should DF have mentioned his concern about S~V~S and FZ.?
When he stated he finished catching up. He didn't mention anything he found suss, he has yet to relate the players he finds suss to jack.

I agree with your vote for him and Mac's baddie ping. I felt the ping when he posted his catch up post.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote: Baddie

FZ (All her questions are reminiscent of a baddie trying to appear out of the loop and thus harmless. Also she sounded very waffly in all her posts about Scotty)
Floyd (Just by default)
What about S~V~S's comments were odd and why do they make you suspect her?

Can you identify the posts in which FZ. was "waffly" in regard to Scotty and explain why that makes you suspect her?

How is Floyd by default suspicious?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm increasingly inclined to distrust Wilgy. He was jokey jokey jokester until Jack got outed, and then all of a sudden he became serious business. Plus his interactions with Jack feel a bit too friendly. This is consistent with a cocky baddie being humbled by an unexpected reveal. Now he seems very eager to agree with Epignosis, even when Epignosis is plainly wrong..

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Or I'm a civ who accidentally missed the vote because I was dicking around too much and don't want that to happen again.

I see your distrust though. Llama, you stated you were at square 1 with Quin. Do you view his slight interactions with Jack leaning more or less teammate indicative.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
FZ. wrote:I really don't like MacDougal's vote, and the fact he's just following Scotty's vote just makes it worse. Though I doubt both are bad...
If only one of them is bad, which is it?

Gtth, if you will.
I'd say Scotty.

Epi, couldn't flipping a coin just be a figure of speech?
This is JoH's only interaction with FZ.

FZ. promptly answered his question and then moved on to question my opinion on Scotty's coin.

If they are teammates, this interaction is phony and only serves the purpose of making them not look like teammates. If that's the case, then FZ. gets an F for effort because she answered JoH and moved right along with whatever else was on her mind.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:Or I'm a civ who accidentally missed the vote because I was dicking around too much and don't want that to happen again.

I see your distrust though. Llama, you stated you were at square 1 with Quin. Do you view his slight interactions with Jack leaning more or less teammate indicative.
I'm inclined to say less, especially based on my meta analysis of Quin's style. I wouldn't say he's off my radar, but he's certainly dropped a fair distance on my suspicion tree.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Or I'm a civ who accidentally missed the vote because I was dicking around too much and don't want that to happen again.

I'm inclined to say less, especially based on my meta analysis of Quin's style. I wouldn't say he's off my radar, but he's certainly dropped a fair distance on my suspicion tree.
Ok, thank you for that. Do you think that Sawyer v Quin has a baddie in it?

I'm doubtful that their exchange was between 2 civs, it is just a gut feeling however.
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Ok, thank you for that. Do you think that Sawyer v Quin has a baddie in it?

I'm doubtful that their exchange was between 2 civs, it is just a gut feeling however.
Sawyer was high on my suspect list yesterday. I need to revisit his posts today in light of the new information, but as of right now, I'd say he has an above average chance of being bad.

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday wrote: Baddie

Floyd (Just by default)
What about S~V~S's comments were odd and why do they make you suspect her?

You already said it. She gave a lengthy reflection on Elo's death, thinking it odd that Elo of all people would be killed, then considering the reasons why. To me it felt like something a baddie who killed Elo had thought of already.

Can you identify the posts in which FZ. was "waffly" in regard to Scotty and explain why that makes you suspect her?
FZ. wrote:I'm reading through. I have to say I'm leaning on agreeing with Epi on Scotty. Some of his posts feel to me like how I would play when mafia, by trying to look helpful in his attempt to analyse the host's post, and by looking like he's doing some serious hunting, while it doesn't feel genuine to me.
I have two reservations:
1. the part where he randomly chooses a low poster. That's poor hunting, and I think Scotty is smarter than that. 2. I also understand where he's coming from, with his suspicion of the marmot. He tends to lay low and be more fluffy when he's bad.
So :ponder:
FZ. wrote:I really don't like MacDougal's vote, and the fact he's just following Scotty's vote just makes it worse. Though I doubt both are bad...
FZ. wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Gtth, if you will.
I'd say Scotty.

All of the above read like someone who's trying to cover their bases regardless of the lynch outcome. She expresses suspicion, then gives herself outs.

How is Floyd by default suspicious?
His general absence makes me inclined to read him as bad usually, or at least not read him as civ. I would definitely vote SVS or FZ over him though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Wilgy, I didn't include further comments in my post because I was half asleep and just wanted to get the most cursory comment out there. If you don't believe that, sorry. :shrug2:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DFaraday wrote:Wilgy, I didn't include further comments in my post because I was half asleep and just wanted to get the most cursory comment out there. If you don't believe that, sorry. :shrug2:
Would you say that your default is mafia until proven civvy?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote:
FZ. wrote:I'm reading through. I have to say I'm leaning on agreeing with Epi on Scotty. Some of his posts feel to me like how I would play when mafia, by trying to look helpful in his attempt to analyse the host's post, and by looking like he's doing some serious hunting, while it doesn't feel genuine to me.
I have two reservations:
1. the part where he randomly chooses a low poster. That's poor hunting, and I think Scotty is smarter than that. 2. I also understand where he's coming from, with his suspicion of the marmot. He tends to lay low and be more fluffy when he's bad.
So :ponder:
FZ. wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Gtth, if you will.
I'd say Scotty.

All of the above read like someone who's trying to cover their bases regardless of the lynch outcome. She expresses suspicion, then gives herself outs.
That doesn't make any sense to me. If FZ. is bad and MacDougall isn't on her team, then what bases is she covering? She would know that lynching either would not eliminate someone from her team. She would have no reservations about lynching someone who isn't on her team. At best, your accusation can only be interpreted to mean that FZ. faked her restraint.

Otherwise, your accusation only makes sense if she and MacDougall are bad together with the now exposed JackofHearts, but you didn't mention MacDougall in your pool of suspects. :shrug2:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 36

Post by FZ. »

Since I'm a civ, DF's points can't make sense, Epi. :srsnod:

I just noticed that SVS had the second vote after Scotty. He voted for Jack, she voted for Quin, Mac voted for Jack, and only then did Quin vote for Sawyer. Epi voted for Scotty, then Sawyer voted for Scotty.
Since at the moment, I don't see SVS as bad, though she can easily fool me, I think it's between Quin and Sawyer, because I don't think it's Epi, and I don't think Quin would vote for Sawyer if they were on the same team. So either Quin was trying to save Jack by starting a new train (he couldn't join SVS who voted for him), or Sawyer was trying to save Jack by joining the Scotty train. But at the same time, he could have voted for Quin with SVS and made it a tie between Jack and Quin at that time. So either he was afraid it would look like he was doing a NoU, or he really believed Scotty was bad.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:Also, I won't quote it because it's lengthy, but Jack's interactions with Long Con make me think LC is NOT on his team.
Are you sure you've got the right guy? Isn't this the only interaction?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:
Quin wrote:Discrediting your own opinion on an argument while still making a point of giving it never looks good to me.
I'm afraid I don't see what you're getting at. I was saying that I didn't see an argument or any evidence as to why people thought you were bad, but qualifying it with the fact that I don't know many of the people here as well as the rest of you know each other. I've known LC for nearly a decade, which is my basis for the civ read I have on him. But I've also known him long enough to know he can't be trusted. :meany: He won the Star Wars mafia I hosted on Lostpedia as an Indy role, so I know what he's capable of.
:feb: I totally betrayed and murdered my Civ BTSC team for more power.
So we should probably lynch you regardless of your alignment then? :smoky:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This is the one I was referring to, LC.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Wigly

I have none of those things. Now what?

Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:Hillary Clinton appreciates those who exercise their right to vote. After all, votes got her elected president. +1 Hillary Points to everyone who voted in the Day 0 poll.

Hillary Points Standings:
+4 Points: S~V~S
+3 Points: thellama73
+1 Point: Dfaraday, DrWilgy, Elohcin, FZ., Long Con, MacDougall, Marmot, notsawyer540, Scotty, TheFloyd73
0 Points: Epignosis, Jackofhearts2005
-5 Points: Quin
I won't be satisfied until I have double digits in negative Hillary points.
How do I have the same number of Hilary points as Epi? How the heck does Llama have 3 Hillary points?

Can I...can I have your Hillary points, Llama?

It's 100 points to level up, right?
Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I have a question for everyone.

If I don't make 100 posts today will I get lynched again? Is that something I need to contend with? I would rather not.
I didn't lynch you last time because you didn't make 100 posts.
Was Mac scum or town last time?

Long Con wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Long Con wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Long Con wrote:

If I don't make 100 posts today will I get lynched again? Is that something I need to contend with? I would rather not.
Just don't make any jokes like "Rule 1: Always lynch X day 1" and you're off to a good start.
I have a rule. Long Con is always bad when he starts cracking wise and not being serious.
Emphasis on the 'wisdom' factor, I'd say.
Is this where I get voted for?
I would never cast a vote until I was 100% sure that the pity party was over.
I am also throwing a pity party over a thing. Don't vote for me, LC.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't view notsawyer as a teammate of Jack's.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And if that view is correct, then from the mafia's perspective, the Day 1 lynch was perceived as a safe one for them.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:And if that view is correct, then from the mafia's perspective, the Day 1 lynch was perceived as a safe one for them.
But would you not agree that at least at some point, it looked like it might be dangerous for Jack with him having 2 votes already? Do you think the other baddies would just wait it out for a later stage, or would they start throwing some other accusations around?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:This is the one I was referring to, LC.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Wigly

I have none of those things. Now what?

Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:Hillary Clinton appreciates those who exercise their right to vote. After all, votes got her elected president. +1 Hillary Points to everyone who voted in the Day 0 poll.

Hillary Points Standings:
+4 Points: S~V~S
+3 Points: thellama73
+1 Point: Dfaraday, DrWilgy, Elohcin, FZ., Long Con, MacDougall, Marmot, notsawyer540, Scotty, TheFloyd73
0 Points: Epignosis, Jackofhearts2005
-5 Points: Quin
I won't be satisfied until I have double digits in negative Hillary points.
How do I have the same number of Hilary points as Epi? How the heck does Llama have 3 Hillary points?

Can I...can I have your Hillary points, Llama?

It's 100 points to level up, right?
Epignosis wrote:

I didn't lynch you last time because you didn't make 100 posts.
Was Mac scum or town last time?

Long Con wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Long Con wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Long Con wrote: Just don't make any jokes like "Rule 1: Always lynch X day 1" and you're off to a good start.
I have a rule. Long Con is always bad when he starts cracking wise and not being serious.
Emphasis on the 'wisdom' factor, I'd say.
Is this where I get voted for?
I would never cast a vote until I was 100% sure that the pity party was over.
:evileye: That is Jack quoting a long post and throwing out a one-liner. It's not a "lengthy interaction between Jack and Long Con". I don't see why you would read that and be convinced that Jack and I aren't teammates.

Why would you say that and take a "team read" off it? Why would you avoid quoting it? You could summarize the interaction liken this:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:I would never cast a vote until I was 100% sure that the pity party was over.
All this is is Jack butting into a conversation with Mac for a laugh.

So, what is this Llama? Some sort of wack buddying thing? You want to get me off your back after voting you Day 1? :eye:

Vote Llama
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Is your vote for real LC?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:Is your vote for real LC?
Do you know of any method through which my vote would become more real?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote: :evileye: That is Jack quoting a long post and throwing out a one-liner. It's not a "lengthy interaction between Jack and Long Con". I don't see why you would read that and be convinced that Jack and I aren't teammates.

Why would you say that and take a "team read" off it? Why would you avoid quoting it? You could summarize the interaction liken this:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:I would never cast a vote until I was 100% sure that the pity party was over.
All this is is Jack butting into a conversation with Mac for a laugh.

So, what is this Llama? Some sort of wack buddying thing? You want to get me off your back after voting you Day 1? :eye:

Vote Llama
Sorry, man. I call 'em like I see 'em. That post, combined with the one you quoted, have convinced me that you are not on Jack's team. No ulterior motives here, just my read of the interaction. I didn't want to quote it, because it was a big block of text and I didn't feel like polluting the thread with it.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You're damn right I'm not on his team. But I don't see that in those two extremely minimal "interactions".
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:
At the time, your vote didn't appear, only your post. Hence my question.

Epi, what is your perception of LC this game? It feels like he's hinted at knowing something or responsible for something concerning you. Do you think it's genuine? His vote for llama for a second time feels like he's trying to find reasons to vote for someone who's not really suspected at this point, and for really small things, thus being able to stay out of the line of fire.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I kind of keep going back and forth with LC. There are moments where he seems like a civ, and then moments where he really makes me worried.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:I kind of keep going back and forth with LC. There are moments where he seems like a civ, and then moments where he really makes me worried.
I don't really get a bad feeling from him. Green on my rainbow list.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:And if that view is correct, then from the mafia's perspective, the Day 1 lynch was perceived as a safe one for them.
But would you not agree that at least at some point, it looked like it might be dangerous for Jack with him having 2 votes already? Do you think the other baddies would just wait it out for a later stage, or would they start throwing some other accusations around?
Two votes from dubious sources (Scotty and MacDougall) doesn't make Jack in trouble. I certainly wasn't going to follow either of them. No reason to hit the panic button there.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Epi, what is your perception of LC this game? It feels like he's hinted at knowing something or responsible for something concerning you. Do you think it's genuine? His vote for llama for a second time feels like he's trying to find reasons to vote for someone who's not really suspected at this point, and for really small things, thus being able to stay out of the line of fire.
I'd rather abstain from answering this question.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Where's the line of fire? Am I supposed to follow Epi on his DFaraday suspicion? He might be right, he's very convincing.

Why do you think my viewpoint on Llama is a stretch? Can YOU see why he says I'm not Jack's teammate?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I like Long Con this game for various reasons. Reading his posts, I'm seeing a genuine interest in the game, and determining players' intentions.

Epignosis is being Epignosis, I won't be voting him today.

#whatcanpoedoforyou

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 109

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:I'm increasingly inclined to distrust Wilgy. He was jokey jokey jokester until Jack got outed, and then all of a sudden he became serious business. Plus his interactions with Jack feel a bit too friendly. This is consistent with a cocky baddie being humbled by an unexpected reveal. Now he seems very eager to agree with Epignosis, even when Epignosis is plainly wrong..
I am accustomed to a Wilgy who fluffs throughout Day 1 and inserts himself later on. Or at least I think I am :noble:

It warrants a meta read. I'll look into it after lunch.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”