Total votes: 17
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 6]

Post by juliets »

Ok, I was wrong about Dom. He was saying he didn't find Mongoose suspicious. The first part of the post was about you MP so i just misread the bottom as being about you but it wasn't.

oh and my last post was linki with mata - will read now
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

Oh one last thought before I go, although I'm hesitant to express this. I can't go back to pull the quotes, because I don't have time at the moment. But it goes like this:

Mp said that svs was around. Someone else said she wasn't. My question is who is right? Has she been around or not? I feel like one of these two people maybe said something they shouldn't have. I think this needs to be explained, but I'll have to look back to find the second player, can't remember and don't have time. Ok that's all for now. :omg:
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

juliets wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Interesting thoughts on Vomps and I'd kind of forgotten about him after early suspicions. Yes....I may give SVS and Dom the botd and could swing round to Vomps.

idk.

SVS
Dom
Vompatti

That is my suspicion list so far. Juliets I can't read to be frank. She could very easily by a baddie just slipping by though.

linki Mongoose.

That theory of mine is a bit far fetched. just a thought though. Would be very crafty to lay low while people are absent and watch the lynchings.
But I'm not a baddie slipping by. Is there something specific that is bothering you or is it just you're not sure?

Also, CBK, I asked you for your thoughts on why I was bothering you but i don't believe I've seen them yet. Possibly you posted and I didn't see it but I'd really like to know what your thoughts were/are pretty soon so your comment is not lingering out there without response.

MP as for Vompatti I can't tell a thing. As BDH pointed out he's been consistent since the beginning of the game. I haven't played many other games with him and just can't seem to differentiate his baddie game from his civvie game. In other words, I am no help with him. I am interested though in why you think if he's not a civv he's a baddie and not Trog. Is it because he's been around consistently?

On BDH I'm not convinced either way. Usually if someone has a suspicion and after a few days it hasn't caught fire they put it at least on the back burner or maybe even drop it in the face of other evidence. BDH has not. One part of me says he is convinced that you are bad and refuses to put it aside like someone else might do. In that case I don't know how I could fault him. On the other hand I don't think you are bad but that's because of the whole llama thing and I don't know whether he just missed that so hasn't used it as counter evidence or whether he thinks you were just faking it to get out of the llama dispute altogether, or some other reason I'm not thinking of. I'm keeping an eye on the situation though.

I'm sure there's someone else you asked about but its not coming to mind so I'll return if I haven't addressed something.

Oh, DP. I agree with your thoughts on him right now. And I forgot to look back on Dom - I'll do that right now.
Nothing solid Juliet, just entertaining the possibility you could be bad. Putting some thoughts out there as it were. Nothing you can actually defend against. You seem civ however.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Homestar Runner [Night 3]

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:I am having some horrible internet issues; I gather Hedge was not bad, I don't want to scroll back on phone~ sorry for the serious misread :(

I will hopefully get these issues resolved very soon, bbl, I hope~
Matahari et al: This post, which was made on the 13th, over a week ago, was the last post we have from S~V~S
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by agleaminranks »

Regarding the Trogdor framing theory, I'd considered that possibility too, only because I was trying to put myself in the possible serial killer's mindframe for this game to try and understand their strategy, and I thought it a particularly devious strategy. However, I still think it is far less to the serial killer's advantage to take this course of action, given his impressive ability to nightkill every freaking night, he would be able to eliminate the opposition far more quickly through this course of action than simply having everyone else give chase to a few no-shows for a few nights.

Thus, I think the events that have panned out wouId only make sense if Trogdor were either dead already or a player who has been notoriously absent as of late. I'm still leaning a bit towards the former, but of the candidates for the latter category, DP and SVS are the prime suspects, from what I can gather. I'm going to try and go back a few days if I can spot someone else who hasn't been participating either.

In regards to what I think I saw mentioned earlier, it seems unlikely to me that some of the other players mentioned as possible candidates (I saw Alex mention vomps, which seems highly unlikely to me due to his participation level) are our serial killer in question. I don't really suspect it to be anyone here, in other words.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote:Oh one last thought before I go, although I'm hesitant to express this. I can't go back to pull the quotes, because I don't have time at the moment. But it goes like this:

Mp said that svs was around. Someone else said she wasn't. My question is who is right? Has she been around or not? I feel like one of these two people maybe said something they shouldn't have. I think this needs to be explained, but I'll have to look back to find the second player, can't remember and don't have time. Ok that's all for now. :omg:
Mata that may have been me. I said I haven't seen her on this site and I haven't seen her on RM either. I think I also asked bea and Kate if they were reading this let us know have they heard from her. This just isn't like her, civv or bad or indy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:
Matahari wrote:Oh one last thought before I go, although I'm hesitant to express this. I can't go back to pull the quotes, because I don't have time at the moment. But it goes like this:

Mata that may have been me. I said I haven't seen her on this site and I haven't seen her on RM either. I think I also asked bea and Kate if they were reading this let us know have they heard from her. This just isn't like her, civv or bad or indy.
It looks like it has been over a week since she's posted in this thread, which is very unlike her. It must not be very fun not having internet access, for sure.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Mongoose wrote:
juliets wrote:

It looks like it has been over a week since she's posted in this thread, which is very unlike her. It must not be very fun not having internet access, for sure.
It isn't. It sucks. I've been going on no internet for over a week now and have been using my phone in the interim, which isn't exactly easy or fun.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

I had no internet for a couple of weeks right after I died in Bioshock, it was very not fun :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm a bit pinged by the fact that I mentioned I was keeping an eye on BDH and then Snow Dog comes in and says he agrees. Snow Dog has been very agreeable this game... which is interesting. What do players think? Not accusing you of being baddie, Snowie, just trying to see what others think of you currently, since I can't read you one way or the other (you always seem civvie to me). And if you do want to clarify as to your current train of thought, feel free.

That being said, it could be that Snowie just recognizes this is my civvie game, and has for a while. But it's a thought.. maybe a paranoid one, but one I wanted to express nonetheless.

I'm actually trying to give BDH the BOTD... I just am so unsure of what to make of him. It bothers me he isn't willing to reconsider his thoughts on me, but whatever.

I'm still anxious to hear what timmer has to say because I believe he can be insightful, but it seems he hasn't had a chance yet.

As to S~V~S being replaced, it's possible the host hasn't been able to find another replacement (good luck trying to find someone who will catch up on over 2,000 posts; I commend LT and Indi for taking the challenge, even if they can't do that... I don't know if anyone could).

Daisy, are you currently looking for a replacement for S~V~S?

And mata, to clarify about S~V~S, I said I've seen her; I've seen her on Facebook. But I have not seen her on the site at all and I have not seen her on RM either. I'll shoot her a message in a completely off-topic fashion and see what the situation is and if she's doing OK or if she's still out of commission. I can't imagine she'd ignore the site completely if she had reliable internet access, but I do find it odd she has actually been on FB, even if barely at all, but not here, to at least say something.

JC, as to Vomps being more likely baddie than Trogdor... I suppose he could be Trogdor, but his behavior seems more likely indicative of a baddie than Trogdor. I think Vompatti would send in his PMs if he was around, and he has been.

Unless Vompatti can give a satisfactory answer to the observation regarding his change in mind re: borokkuei, I'm pretty sure I will be giving him my vote. Otherwise, might be S~V~S or someone else, not sure. DP might be worthy of a vote, honestly, as he's still flying WAY too low. I want to hear from DFaraday's brain too, see what he's thinking.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On another note, what do players think of Bullzeye?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:On another note, what do players think of Bullzeye?
I think he's the smartest, most attractive and funniest player there has ever been. Also totally a civ. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
I think he's the smartest, most attractive and funniest player there has ever been. Also totally a civ. :p
So why did Devin resurrect you, you think? Or was he lying?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
So why did Devin resurrect you, you think? Or was he lying?
I wish I knew. He was probably telling the truth, but I have no idea what possessed him to bring me back. Perhaps he somehow found out my role and thought I'd be good to have around.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

agleaminranks wrote:Regarding the Trogdor framing theory, I'd considered that possibility too, only because I was trying to put myself in the possible serial killer's mindframe for this game to try and understand their strategy, and I thought it a particularly devious strategy. However, I still think it is far less to the serial killer's advantage to take this course of action, given his impressive ability to nightkill every freaking night, he would be able to eliminate the opposition far more quickly through this course of action than simply having everyone else give chase to a few no-shows for a few nights.

Thus, I think the events that have panned out wouId only make sense if Trogdor were either dead already or a player who has been notoriously absent as of late. I'm still leaning a bit towards the former, but of the candidates for the latter category, DP and SVS are the prime suspects, from what I can gather. I'm going to try and go back a few days if I can spot someone else who hasn't been participating either.

In regards to what I think I saw mentioned earlier, it seems unlikely to me that some of the other players mentioned as possible candidates (I saw Alex mention vomps, which seems highly unlikely to me due to his participation level) are our serial killer in question. I don't really suspect it to be anyone here, in other words.
I think its VERY unlikely Trogdor has died yet. Let's look at the unknown deaths, shall we...:

Kate Night 1
Bullzeye killed Night 1 by Trogdor, rezzed, Night 2
borukkuei killed by Torgdor on night 2 and rezzed due to host error
Devin killed Night 3 by Blue Laser

Kate is unlikely to be Trogdor since there was some kind of trogdor activity after she died. Devin claims to have rezzed Bullzeye (which makes me wonder how true this actually is given the results of Lizzy's lynch) and if this were the case, why would he rez someone the he presumably killed if the dead trogdor theory turned out to be true. So of all the deceased players, Trogdor could really only be Devin and I don't see that as likely.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

personally, I'm not sure what to make of Bullzeye. After his death, he seemed to be given instantaneous civilian cred and then he was brought back somehow (supposedly by Devin, if those claims were believed to be true) and has coasted by really ever since. I can't say what his affiliation is one way or another. I think a lot of assumptions have been made about him and taken as fact for so long that no one has really bothered to question it until now.

Devin claimed to rez him which made me consider devin to be the king of town...but then there was the tragic Lizzy lynch which revealed SHE was the king. Now everything I thought about Devin has to be thrown out the window, and leaves me with the following questions:
Was Devin REALLY the one to rez Bullzeye? If so, then how (since he wasn't the king)?
If not, then why would he try to claim that he did & why hasn't anyone else come forward to dispute it?

I think I may want to go do a readthrough of Bullzeye and see if anything else particularly stands out about him.
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

BigDamnHero wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Regarding the Trogdor framing theory, I'd considered that possibility too, only because I was trying to put myself in the possible serial killer's mindframe for this game to try and understand their strategy, and I thought it a particularly devious strategy. However, I still think it is far less to the serial killer's advantage to take this course of action, given his impressive ability to nightkill every freaking night, he would be able to eliminate the opposition far more quickly through this course of action than simply having everyone else give chase to a few no-shows for a few nights.

I think its VERY unlikely Trogdor has died yet. Let's look at the unknown deaths, shall we...:

Kate Night 1
Bullzeye killed Night 1 by Trogdor, rezzed, Night 2
borukkuei killed by Torgdor on night 2 and rezzed due to host error
Devin killed Night 3 by Blue Laser

Kate is unlikely to be Trogdor since there was some kind of trogdor activity after she died. Devin claims to have rezzed Bullzeye (which makes me wonder how true this actually is given the results of Lizzy's lynch) and if this were the case, why would he rez someone the he presumably killed if the dead trogdor theory turned out to be true. So of all the deceased players, Trogdor could really only be Devin and I don't see that as likely.
First off, I need to thank you for making this handy summarization because given how difficult it is for me to browse the forum right now, this put a lot of stuff into perspective. I think I had overestimated the number of unknown deaths and hadn't been keeping proper track.

I'm still of the conviction that Devin wasn't being entirely truthful and I still suspect that he may have been bad, but from a strictly numerical standpoint I can see now that it's unlikely he was the serial killer. I think you're probably right then, and that Trogdor is still lurking amongst the living...
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Vompatti, even knowing borokkuei quite well, you still think he's most worthy of your vote right now? If so, why? Just curious.
He seems unpredictable k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Oh for the love of.....I thought the lynch poll ended today! :mad:

Sigh. Not much I can do about it now. I will make sure I catch up before bed tonight.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:MP and Dom both seem to be hugely overreacting to people discussing them IMO. I could be up for an SVS vote if it's possible she's T-dor (I'm basically making a thing now of not saying the SK's name properly :p No idea why, it's just fun).
I don't really see how I've been overreacting. At all. But whatever.
Leamiteo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I obviously need to walk away, so that is what I am doing.

I just don't understand why I even bother sometimes; no one even pays attention.
:hug: I pay attention! It's just a lot to digest at times. :p

My suspicions have been Dom, juliets, borok.

My ping I get from Dom is the way he causually moves his suspicion from one civ (and people we are accepting to be/have been civs) to the next along with the crowd. I suppose anyone could be accused of this early in the game, but his accuracy with moving away from civs once the bandwagon forms is a bit too agile if you ask me. :eye:
Please give examples and tell me how you know that all my suspicions have been civvies. Thank.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm a bit pinged by the fact that I mentioned I was keeping an eye on BDH and then Snow Dog comes in and says he agrees. Snow Dog has been very agreeable this game... which is interesting. What do players think? Not accusing you of being baddie, Snowie, just trying to see what others think of you currently, since I can't read you one way or the other (you always seem civvie to me). And if you do want to clarify as to your current train of thought, feel free.
I have felt very similarly about Snow Dog as well. I have felt he has been saying whatever he can to get on. That includes his "lie/mistake/misremembering".
Very uneasy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

agleaminranks wrote:First off, I need to thank you for making this handy summarization because given how difficult it is for me to browse the forum right now, this put a lot of stuff into perspective. I think I had overestimated the number of unknown deaths and hadn't been keeping proper track.

I'm still of the conviction that Devin wasn't being entirely truthful and I still suspect that he may have been bad, but from a strictly numerical standpoint I can see now that it's unlikely he was the serial killer. I think you're probably right then, and that Trogdor is still lurking amongst the living...
I wouldn't necessarily jump right to Devin being a bad guy or not being truthful, but his rez claims do seem to be circumspect, definitely.

One other thing I noticed (it may be game related...it may not): I believe Gleam and matahari have changed their player icons during the course of this game. Gleam I'm certain just did (he went from a lizzard to a dinosaur) and I'm 90% certain matahari did because I began noticing gILDA radner popping up. I also noted a post I believe from daisy somewhere that had the various events listed but DECEMBERWEEN was crossed out. I may be over-analyzing things at this point, but can anyone else confirm this if for no other reason than to affirm that I'm NOT going crazy...
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 2]

Post by BigDamnHero »

OK...so here's that post where the secret event DECEMBERWEEN has been crossed out...
Spacedaisy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So Gunhaver picks the targets for these other two guys? Does he also get the results, or only them? This is an awesome grouping, if Gunhaver plays it well.

Gunhaver picks the targets but he does ot get the results, nor does he know who the other two are.

Is the Show played in the thread, and have the secret events listed actually happened:

The Show is played in the thread, it's contestants are not allowed to openly discuss it, though I doubt it will be difficult to figure out. And I have crossed out the only Secret Event to be triggered thus far. The person who triggered it is welcome to discuss it in thread if they so desire.

Secret Events!
Cool Guy
Sibbie
Concert
Decemberween

Or is this a list of potential secret events?
I chose not to answer regarding What's Her Face for two reasons. First, Elo is dead so it really has little impact at this point. Second, I would not tell you even if she were alive because it would have been highly unfair to her to basically out her.
So now that I know I'm not entirely crazy, is it possible or likely that this event is still occuring and if so does/can anyone want to specualte on what/how this has been effecting the game? I brought up matahari and Gleam changing their avatars as I see this possibly being akin to "costumes" ala the "ween" part of Decemberween...
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Lol BDH, you are not going crazy about my avatar, at least. I had an Emily Litella moment in the thread, and had to say 'never mind'. I thought it was a fitting change.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

BigDamnHero wrote:OK...so here's that post where the secret event DECEMBERWEEN has been crossed out...
Spacedaisy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So Gunhaver picks the targets for these other two guys? Does he also get the results, or only them? This is an awesome grouping, if Gunhaver plays it well.

Gunhaver picks the targets but he does ot get the results, nor does he know who the other two are.

Is the Show played in the thread, and have the secret events listed actually happened:

The Show is played in the thread, it's contestants are not allowed to openly discuss it, though I doubt it will be difficult to figure out. And I have crossed out the only Secret Event to be triggered thus far. The person who triggered it is welcome to discuss it in thread if they so desire.

Secret Events!
Cool Guy
Sibbie
Concert
Decemberween

Or is this a list of potential secret events?
I chose not to answer regarding What's Her Face for two reasons. First, Elo is dead so it really has little impact at this point. Second, I would not tell you even if she were alive because it would have been highly unfair to her to basically out her.
So now that I know I'm not entirely crazy, is it possible or likely that this event is still occuring and if so does/can anyone want to specualte on what/how this has been effecting the game? I brought up matahari and Gleam changing their avatars as I see this possibly being akin to "costumes" ala the "ween" part of Decemberween...
BDH, my read on it was the Decemberween part was the ghoststories a couple of people told. I could be way off on this, just giving you my opinion. I thought the Emily Litela avatar change was just cute because she made reference to it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I think BDH makes some VERY good points on Vomps. The way he's jumped among so many different suspicions, and then going from saying he thinks Borok is civ to not trusting him at all, along with his vote for gleam, seems like icing on the cake. If I still had my vote, it would probably go for Vomps today. :(
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

*vote vomps*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Post by borokkuei »

I'm voting SVS on the chance that she's trogdor, since some people seem convinced of that.

Considered vomps for an emotional vote since he wants me dead because he hates me :'(
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I think BDH makes some VERY good points on Vomps. The way he's jumped among so many different suspicions, and then going from saying he thinks Borok is civ to not trusting him at all, along with his vote for gleam, seems like icing on the cake. If I still had my vote, it would probably go for Vomps today. :(
We need a bad guy to get lynched today. Specifically, I'm looking at borokkuei, vomps and SVS. While I feel the former 2 are very suspicious and may very well be bad guys, I really REALLY want to lynch Trogdor this round and I believe SVS fits the bill. I want the civilians to get a win this round, but I also want us to sleep a little better knowing a killer has been eliminated.

So had you not voted already, would you change your vote because you feel vompatti is more likely now to be trogdor than SVS or would you change it just because you feel vompatti is just more likely bad in general?
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Hmmmm....Dom's quick vote has me a bit concerned...especially because of this earlier post of his:
Dom wrote:I think SVS is a good Trogdor candidate. I agree with Strongsad on vomps as well.
Dom, why did you vote vompatti instead of SVS?

I'm going to call it a night and hope I hear a response from Dom before I have to vote in the morning...
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I have to vote tonight because I may not have time tomorrow. voted DP because I don't feel strongly about anyone, but his post after someone mentioned SVS gave me a major ping.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

why you guys don't have my favorite smilie? You know the one at RM that has the shock/surprised look on his little yellow face?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

This little guy is my favorite.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

Ok, finally back to reading through. I just finished page 8, which is the start of day 2.

There's a lot ot OT stuff so observations from this one are limited:

But I do want to point this out. Day 2 started out in flux with lots of names going around. Hedge had a fairly standard case to fight: a vote pattern that showed a possible link to a baddie. Hedge said this:
Hedgeowl wrote:I guess that is partly what I am struggling with right now. How does anyone explain a Day 1 vote without it sounding weak? The top vote getters were Bullz, Elo, and Vomps. I didn't have suspicions on anyone for Day 1 and everyone else had voted as the only voter for other roles knowing none of these people would be lynched and therefore they wouldn't feel responsible. Even MP claimed this with his vote for Vomps. Although he was the 2nd voter.

My decision was do I vote for someone and throwaway my vote because I know they wont die? Sure, I could have done that, but I decided to see what happened if I tied the vote. (I have since been informed by Bullz, that Epi only does this in polls and its not normal. But Epi has hosted 2 of the 7 games I have played or am playing so its my "normal") That's it really. I was hoping no one would die and we'd get more time, but of course I knew I would be a target the moment we all learned who Elohcin was. I understand why everyone thinks I could be her teammate and I have said this from the beginning.

If you lynch me I totally get it and no hard feelings, but certain roles might want to save a rezz for me later. (Doh! That's Dom's game. There appear to be no rezzs in this game)

YOU DO NOT WANT TO LYNCH ME!
And then fairly quickly we got this: (trimmed for brevity)
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Call me a sucker, but Hedgeowl's defense seems genuine to me.
thellama73 wrote:Well shoot, I was just about to post and ay that Hedgeowl's defense sounds really sincere and I am rethinking my vote against her, but now MP's post makes that sound opportunistic and fake, so I'm not sure what to do.
juliets wrote:Well, I can definitely say I'm rethinking a vote for Hedge after her post. I agree it did sound genuine.
Snow Dog wrote:I am also satisfied with Hedgeowl's answer.
Matt F wrote:
Also, and boy, I admit, Hedge's defense regarding her vote for Vomps sounded genuine.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Hedgeowl's defense definitely strikes as genuine to me about Vomps. However, the whole thing with Elo still makes me unsure. Either you're telling the truth, or you're doing a very good job as a baddie. And it's making me question you.
While I agree that Hedge's post sounded genuine, and obv we now know she was civ, I find this run of posts bewildering. None of these players had BTSC with Hedge, none were specifically saving her. But that many people just pulled off of her for the lynch? And I'm not even done, the next page of my readback could have more... so would both baddie teams have been avoiding the Hedge case? Not likely. it was easy, it made sense, it had a vote behind it, the best kind of case. There HAD to be some baddies in there.

What I'm getting at is that a lot of these posts sound too easy. Like baddies knew there were three names being bandied about, maybe none were on their team so they just happily were hopping from one to another, they didn't care. the ONLY post in the bunch that showed some hesitation is BWT's, who I've gotten civ vibes from.

So who could be bad in the bunch? Well you know how I feel about MP, i won't retread that. I think BWT's post sounds the most civ. Matt F has sounded pretty solid so far. Snow Dog is a bit of an enigma. I felt very early that he was likely a certain role based on some things from early game. But now I'm wondering if I ignored certain other possibilities, if Snow Dog was gutsy. It's something to stew on, I need to read more before forming that better. Juliets is always tough for me to read. Her posts on this page sound bad, tbh, but i hesitate because juliets' posts ALWAYS sound bad to me, and she knows that I say that every game lol. llama has seemed civvie. So this page offers me more questions, and no answers.

One separate thing:
Matt F wrote:
borokkuei wrote:Man, I am so behind. I wish I had the time to read over all of the pages of posts so I can figure out who I hate. I guess the safest option now is to hate everyone and vote at random, eh?
:ponder:

I see you only have seven posts total at the forum, five in the game. In one of your posts, you agreed with me about looking at new players on day 1, are you new at mafia?

Looking through your posts...you haven't really said anything.

What are your thoughts in the game, so far?
I tried to ask this while camping, all garbled, but *is* Borok new? It strikes me that Matt may have been onto something here. Would a new player make a comment about looking at new players? I've got to hope more comes of this as I read, but Matt may have caught something here, did this just disappear? To be continued as i read page now.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Good crappity crap, Day 2 gets seriously convoluted.

To be brief: Matt F came up with a lengthy idea about backroom chats between three players, juliets, Dom and llama. I applaud him for the theory, I'm often happy to let my mind run rampant through a conspiracy theory and publish a tome about it.

What was interesting about it to me wasn't the theory per se, but some of the fallout from it:
Vompatti wrote:I read the above post in its entirety and am thoroughly impressed by it. :srsnod:
Vompatti wrote: I find Matt F's case for llama & Dom & juliets worth considering, but I wasn't really suspicious of llama before so I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to hear from those who haven't posted lately.
Vompatti wrote:Llama, who are you going to vote for? I know that Matt F's theory is a bit random but honestly it's about the only theory so far. BWT's vote [for llama, notes Timmer] kind of came out of nowhere though, so I do see this as a possible bandwagon which I hesitate to hop on.
But then something happened. Devin got a vote.
Vompatti wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Tired of waiting. I'm voting for Devin too.
The same.
So Vompatti liked Matt's random theory, but only about two of the three people in it, not llama. Then asks llama who he will vote for, and makes a weird comment about hesitating to hop on a bandwagon. Well Vomps has been pretty clear that he's not leaning towards llama being bad and just sked him who he will vote for in the same post, so why comment that he doesn't want to touch a llama bandwagon? And then Devin gets a vote and Vomps just, with apparent relief, jumps onto the bandwagon.

I don't like ANY of this exchange.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Whoops, hadn't meant to hit submit yet. To continue...

The Devin votes.

Yes, I agree that some of Devin's posts sounded odd, but as I tried to point out while camping, Devin ALWAYS sounds too wordy and gets flak for it. So I'm not a fan of these:
DFaraday wrote:I think I'm leaning civ on Llama at this point, although like I said, I never know with him. And I agree that Devin's comments def sound planned. I'm going to go ahead and *vote Devin*
Mongoose wrote:I'm voting to Dev because he's been pinging me the most. I think Llama has adequately convinced me that he's not Troggie so I'm going on Dev today. I'm not really feeling MP as bad so far. And I'm unsure about Borok but he is new and I am giving him the BOTD.

Sorry Dev ole chap, you know I like ya

* Votes Devin*

linki - DF and Llama too. Well this is good to look suspicious. Ha.
Snow Dog wrote:Was thinking of a Devin vote too but now it'll look like a bandwagon.

linki..whats up with that..two more votes!!!
Mongoose wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Was thinking of a Devin vote too but now it'll look like a bandwagon.

linki..whats up with that..two more votes!!!
Ugh I know, when I was first writing my post, he hadnt had any votes yet!
The acronym for Animal Sanctuary Squad is quite unfortunate.
Of these, i dislike Snow Dog's post the most. Like, if you're a civ you decide who you think is suspicious and vote him. If your vote happens to get sandwiched between others, so be it, you think that guy or girl is bad, right? So vote! This idea of fear of voting for your main suspicion because of how it will look is... pingy to me. Like, if you want to vote Devin but now you'll look bad so maybe you won't? You don't sound civ.

As of now, I'm thinking there is a large concentration of bad to be found amongst MP, Mongoose, Vompatti and increasingly at this point, Snow Dog, though I still hesitate for some reasons from early game. Also, Borok is a big HMM for me, I'd love if someone could tell me his playstyle from his limited other games. And DF and DP are still strong Trogdor contenders imo, going by their quietness, distance between posts, which is a bit different, and the initial hut vote.

I'll note that over the last two pages i readback through, MP has no pingy posts. Part of that is that he started posting less, but my feelings about him have at least plateaued.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

With that, I'm out for the night.
My siggie.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I can explain that timmer. I was going to vote Devin as the case seemed reasonably good on him. I was by no way convinced. In this short time many votes suddenly piled on him and to me it didn't smell right. I didn't like it at all so backed off the vote. If I had been bad i wouldn't have posted these thoughts for all to see.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I think BDH makes some VERY good points on Vomps. The way he's jumped among so many different suspicions, and then going from saying he thinks Borok is civ to not trusting him at all, along with his vote for gleam, seems like icing on the cake. If I still had my vote, it would probably go for Vomps today. :(
I never said borok's a civ. I could jump on a suspicion and vote for you for making false accusations, but since I'm already under radar I will try my best to appear consistent and vote borok like I said I would. Please note how he hasn't gotten any votes so far, which proves that I'm clearly not attempting to blend in like a baddie would. My vote for borok is by all standards very civ-like indeed.

By the way, what does everyone think about BWT? Obviously a baddie, right? :srsnod:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm coming full circle and thinking of Mp as bad again. Which totally would let BDH off the hook for me. I gave him the bernefit because other players said he was civ. I got my eye on you Alex. You keep me close it seems and then you seem to hang me out and say hey SD agrees with me,that is suspicious right? If you are civ then agreeing with you shouldn't be a problem. I think you are trying to hard MP.

Votes MP
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

BigDamnHero wrote:
We need a bad guy to get lynched today. Specifically, I'm looking at borokkuei, vomps and SVS. While I feel the former 2 are very suspicious and may very well be bad guys, I really REALLY want to lynch Trogdor this round and I believe SVS fits the bill. I want the civilians to get a win this round, but I also want us to sleep a little better knowing a killer has been eliminated.

So had you not voted already, would you change your vote because you feel vompatti is more likely now to be trogdor than SVS or would you change it just because you feel vompatti is just more likely bad in general?
More the second one. I think SVS is more likely Trogdor and Vomps is more likely baddie. Plus I think lynching Vomps would give us more info if he pops up bad. Although I would be happy to see either one go.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Haven't read anything, just popping in here real quick to say that S~V~S has been having internet issues (she gave up trying to constantly use her phone) but that it is all fixed I believe as of late last night. Hopefully we see her again soon!
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

BigDamnHero wrote: personally, I'm not sure what to make of Bullzeye. After his death, he seemed to be given instantaneous civilian cred and then he was brought back somehow (supposedly by Devin, if those claims were believed to be true) and has coasted by really ever since. I can't say what his affiliation is one way or another. I think a lot of assumptions have been made about him and taken as fact for so long that no one has really bothered to question it until now.

Devin claimed to rez him which made me consider devin to be the king of town...but then there was the tragic Lizzy lynch which revealed SHE was the king. Now everything I thought about Devin has to be thrown out the window, and leaves me with the following questions:
Was Devin REALLY the one to rez Bullzeye? If so, then how (since he wasn't the king)?
If not, then why would he try to claim that he did & why hasn't anyone else come forward to dispute it?

I think I may want to go do a readthrough of Bullzeye and see if anything else particularly stands out about him.
I don't think I was given any civ cred, I think what happened was that when I came back I couldn't be lynched for the day so there was no point discussing me then, and by the time I could be lynched people had just forgotten about me in a way. I have no problem with people looking at me, I would hope that they do and are able to conclude from my posts that I've always had the civvies' best interests at heart.

I'm almost entirely sure Devin did rezz me because nobody ever appeared to challenge that claim. Really my question isn't how he rezzed me but why he used what appeared to be his only rezz opportunity on someone that wasn't him and wasn't a confirmed civ, which leads me to believe he somehow had info (I've had an ability similar to this, where I had a rezz and 3 dead role checks, ostensibly to find the best person to rezz). There are roles with secrets and there are apparently secret events as well so there could be any number of explanations for Devin's actions.
Dom wrote: I don't really see how I've been overreacting. At all. But whatever.
Pretty much all your responses to MP in this post seem really overdramatic and exaggerated. As to your incredible uneasiness about me, look all you like. It's a shame Mr F isn't here any more, the two of you could make a great team barking up the wrong tree after me :p
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Post by borokkuei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Haven't read anything, just popping in here real quick to say that S~V~S has been having internet issues (she gave up trying to constantly use her phone) but that it is all fixed I believe as of late last night. Hopefully we see her again soon!
Now I feel like an asshole for my vote :(
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:

More the second one. I think SVS is more likely Trogdor and Vomps is more likely baddie. Plus I think lyncng Vomps would give us more info if he pops up bad. Although I would be happy to see either one go.
I agree with this. I agree that vomps' posts and actions don't seem very regular and that he seems to be doing a lot to really just fit in with the flow of the game, which at this point feels like a probable bad guy course of action.

However, as someone who has known vomps for a while, a lot of his posts and reasonings also do not seem very out of the ordinary. It's only when someone made the big web of connection posts dating back to earlier in the game that I really noticed that pattern. I feel like I need to put a vote his way just to confirm my suspicions, but I have that little nagging voice at the back of my head that tells me that it may be a risk too.

One thing I've noticed also: Teen Girl Squad has failed to make a night kill since the game started. A lot of people placed DP on their watch list for Trogdor, has anyone considered that perhaps his absence is the cause of Teen Girl Squad's inactivity? He's been gone more or less since day 1, and Trogdor was active up until after day 2. I feel like there's a chance he could be the cheerleader role. I know voting for him (if that is the case) would be fruitless since he would probably survive a lynch vote if I were correct, but it would also be very telling. And frankly I think he is still just as likely to be Trogdor too, and given SVS's situation I would like to give her at least one chance to defend herself. Thus, DP will be receiving my vote again.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

After my read last night, I'm going to put a vote on Vompatti.

And people realize the poll closes in two hours, right? There's hardly any votes!?! :huh:
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote:Hedge said this:
Hedgeowl wrote:I guess that is partly what I am struggling with right now. How does anyone explain a Day 1 vote without it sounding weak? The top vote getters were Bullz, Elo, and Vomps. I didn't have suspicions on anyone for Day 1 and everyone else had voted as the only voter for other roles knowing none of these people would be lynched and therefore they wouldn't feel responsible. Even MP claimed this with his vote for Vomps. Although he was the 2nd voter.

My decision was do I vote for someone and throwaway my vote because I know they wont die? Sure, I could have done that, but I decided to see what happened if I tied the vote. (I have since been informed by Bullz, that Epi only does this in polls and its not normal. But Epi has hosted 2 of the 7 games I have played or am playing so its my "normal") That's it really. I was hoping no one would die and we'd get more time, but of course I knew I would be a target the moment we all learned who Elohcin was. I understand why everyone thinks I could be her teammate and I have said this from the beginning.

If you lynch me I totally get it and no hard feelings, but certain roles might want to save a rezz for me later. (Doh! That's Dom's game. There appear to be no rezzs in this game)

YOU DO NOT WANT TO LYNCH ME!
And then fairly quickly we got this: (trimmed for brevity)
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Call me a sucker, but Hedgeowl's defense seems genuine to me.
thellama73 wrote:Well shoot, I was just about to post and ay that Hedgeowl's defense sounds really sincere and I am rethinking my vote against her, but now MP's post makes that sound opportunistic and fake, so I'm not sure what to do.
juliets wrote:Well, I can definitely say I'm rethinking a vote for Hedge after her post. I agree it did sound genuine.
Snow Dog wrote:I am also satisfied with Hedgeowl's answer.
Matt F wrote:
Also, and boy, I admit, Hedge's defense regarding her vote for Vomps sounded genuine.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Hedgeowl's defense definitely strikes as genuine to me about Vomps. However, the whole thing with Elo still makes me unsure. Either you're telling the truth, or you're doing a very good job as a baddie. And it's making me question you.
While I agree that Hedge's post sounded genuine, and obv we now know she was civ, I find this run of posts bewildering. None of these players had BTSC with Hedge, none were specifically saving her. But that many people just pulled off of her for the lynch? And I'm not even done, the next page of my readback could have more... so would both baddie teams have been avoiding the Hedge case? Not likely. it was easy, it made sense, it had a vote behind it, the best kind of case. There HAD to be some baddies in there.

What I'm getting at is that a lot of these posts sound too easy. Like baddies knew there were three names being bandied about, maybe none were on their team so they just happily were hopping from one to another, they didn't care. the ONLY post in the bunch that showed some hesitation is BWT's, who I've gotten civ vibes from.

So who could be bad in the bunch? Well you know how I feel about MP, i won't retread that. I think BWT's post sounds the most civ. Matt F has sounded pretty solid so far. Snow Dog is a bit of an enigma. I felt very early that he was likely a certain role based on some things from early game. But now I'm wondering if I ignored certain other possibilities, if Snow Dog was gutsy. It's something to stew on, I need to read more before forming that better. Juliets is always tough for me to read. Her posts on this page sound bad, tbh, but i hesitate because juliets' posts ALWAYS sound bad to me, and she knows that I say that every game lol. llama has seemed civvie. So this page offers me more questions, and no answers.
Timmer you never fail me. Anyway, I left most of this quote intact to show my comment was along the same lines as everyone else who said they were reconsidering Hedgie for a lynch after she posted her defense. What is it about my short lines make you think I'm a baddie as compared to what everyone else says? Or is there something else that is making you think I am bad - something other than you always think my posts are bad (even though I think most times we have played I have been good)?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm voting for DP. He must have Icarus Phobia, because he is flying way too low. I gave him the BOTD after last lynch to see if he would become more active and didn't, so I am comfortable throwing my vote there today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have two people i have been thinking about for today, S~V~S and Vomps. S~V~S is a possible Trogdor and Vomps as a possible baddie. I thought BDH's post about Vomps was good and made me think about things I hadn't though about before. Since it looks like S~V~S will be back in the game today I may give her some time to see when Trog kills show up again - or if they do. Mostly i want to give her a chance to respond now that there's a good chance she will be back in the game. Also, I've been giving DP some rope and though I agreed with MP that I don't think he's bad that status is tenuous. I won't vote him today but my eye is on him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:I have two people i have been thinking about for today, S~V~S and Vomps. S~V~S is a possible Trogdor and Vomps as a possible baddie. I thought BDH's post about Vomps was good and made me think about things I hadn't though about before. Since it looks like S~V~S will be back in the game today I may give her some time to see when Trog kills show up again - or if they do. Mostly i want to give her a chance to respond now that there's a good chance she will be back in the game. Also, I've been giving DP some rope and though I agreed with MP that I don't think he's bad that status is tenuous. I won't vote him today but my eye is on him.
I can understand all that. I would have likely voted SVS today, but for MP's post stating she should be back soon.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

In a bit of a hurry - going to vote Vomp because I feel some good points have been raised about him and I'd kinda forgotten he was even still alive.

Return to “Previous Jobs”