Geddup Noise (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 6]

Post by indiglo »

There is no way I'm voting SVS. She may be bad, I don't know. But I don't vote for someone who has been accused and who is not here to explain their side / defend (unless it is 100% obvious that they are bad, and even then I like to hear from them anyway to confirm). Too easy of a scapegoat / setup situation and I don't buy into those. In fact, this may be an area of investigation for me moving forward... who pushed this idea, who supported it, etc.

With that said, the stuff on Vomps seems most solid to me at this point. I'm going to go ahead and vote.

*votes Vomps*

How exciting, my first vote in this humongous game! :lorab:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

Noooooooooo! Now I can only hope my baddie teammates will save me. :sigh:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't think we should necessarily exonerate voting S~V~S if that's what any of you feel is the best way to go -- it's why I kept that post completely OT. I think she needs to go sooner or later if she's not going to play, but considering we can't tell at all if she's a civvie or being framed for Trogdor and she obviously is UNABLE to be here, I am cautious about just lynching her without her being around, even though she's been gone for so long. I won't be voting there, personally.

I agree DP is flying WAY too low as well, and I'm sad to see no sign of LT, though I know she has a lot going on. I hope these three players will show up more soon. I especially see no reason to keep DP around since he obviously refuses to come play, but I won't for him today (tomorrow might be a different story).

Gleam, as to your theory about DP, it can't be correct, because I asked Daisy earlier in the game if teammates could send in their power collectively and she said yes. So unless DP is on a team where the other members are also COMPLETELY absent, someone is still killing.

Vompatti looks pretty bad. His explanation saying he didn't say borokkuei was civ (he said he would play the same if he were civ) and that he is "unpredictable", in addition to all the behavior BDH highlighted, showcase a likely baddie Vompatti. I do hesitate just a bit because he can play really weird games, regardless of alignment, but I think he is definitely a quite likely baddie at this point.

That being said...

Snow Dog wrote:I'm coming full circle and thinking of Mp as bad again. Which totally would let BDH off the hook for me. I gave him the bernefit because other players said he was civ. I got my eye on you Alex. You keep me close it seems and then you seem to hang me out and say hey SD agrees with me,that is suspicious right? If you are civ then agreeing with you shouldn't be a problem. I think you are trying to hard MP.

Votes MP
You know what, Snowie, this is the most well-illustrated point I've seen all game. I think I agree.

votes MP

Linki with Vomps: Lolwut
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

Seriously though, I would probably play the same way I'm playing now if I were a baddie. :wine:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I think BDH makes some VERY good points on Vomps. The way he's jumped among so many different suspicions, and then going from saying he thinks Borok is civ to not trusting him at all, along with his vote for gleam, seems like icing on the cake. If I still had my vote, it would probably go for Vomps today. :(
We need a bad guy to get lynched today. Specifically, I'm looking at borokkuei, vomps and SVS. While I feel the former 2 are very suspicious and may very well be bad guys, I really REALLY want to lynch Trogdor this round and I believe SVS fits the bill. I want the civilians to get a win this round, but I also want us to sleep a little better knowing a killer has been eliminated.

So had you not voted already, would you change your vote because you feel vompatti is more likely now to be trogdor than SVS or would you change it just because you feel vompatti is just more likely bad in general?
More the second one. I think SVS is more likely Trogdor and Vomps is more likely baddie. Plus I think lynching Vomps would give us more info if he pops up bad. Although I would be happy to see either one go.
See I tend to think you're right here, and while I understand what indiglo just said about SVS not being able to defend herself, deep down I think we would all rather have Trogdor eliminated than just some random bad guy. Trogdor kills (at least he's supposed to) so if we can prevent one more person from dying tonight I think it would be worth it. I think I have to cast my vote for SVS.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:...snip...

Snow Dog wrote:I'm coming full circle and thinking of Mp as bad again. Which totally would let BDH off the hook for me. I gave him the bernefit because other players said he was civ. I got my eye on you Alex. You keep me close it seems and then you seem to hang me out and say hey SD agrees with me,that is suspicious right? If you are civ then agreeing with you shouldn't be a problem. I think you are trying to hard MP.

Votes MP
You know what, Snowie, this is the most well-illustrated point I've seen all game. I think I agree.

votes MP

WTF? What is voting for yourself proving? What does it even mean? Are you saying my vote is so absurd that you think what the hell, and vote as well?

i don't get it.

Am slightly regretting my vote though. I was sure earlier as a result of, i though, an eureka moment in bed. As the day progresses am less sure. :sigh: :sigh:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

ebwop....I had a lot more rehearsed to say when I voted for you but it disipated in the day. liker many night time thoughts.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I had to vote real quick before I missed the time. I ended up voting for Vomps, deciding to give S~V~S some time to defend.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Leamiteo »

Phew, I made it just in time. I am on my lunch break and voted for Dom.

I will be back to answer questions, I did not make it back to the library last night to use the internet like I thought I would be able to.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:MP and Dom both seem to be hugely overreacting to people discussing them IMO. I could be up for an SVS vote if it's possible she's T-dor (I'm basically making a thing now of not saying the SK's name properly :p No idea why, it's just fun).
I don't really see how I've been overreacting. At all. But whatever.
Leamiteo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I obviously need to walk away, so that is what I am doing.

I just don't understand why I even bother sometimes; no one even pays attention.
:hug: I pay attention! It's just a lot to digest at times. :p

My suspicions have been Dom, juliets, borok.

My ping I get from Dom is the way he causually moves his suspicion from one civ (and people we are accepting to be/have been civs) to the next along with the crowd. I suppose anyone could be accused of this early in the game, but his accuracy with moving away from civs once the bandwagon forms is a bit too agile if you ask me. :eye:
Please give examples and tell me how you know that all my suspicions have been civvies. Thank.
I'm talking about the people we know flipped civvie after they died that you brought up in discussion throughout the thread. My point is that it seemed like you were lurking among civvies and latching onto their suspicions who you as a baddie would already know they were civvie; of course fueling the civs against themselves. You just seem to be jumping around a bit to me and that has earned you an :eye: is all. I hope that clarifies things a bit.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DFaraday »

Ugh, I just missed it! For the record, I would have gone with SVS. I can't read Vomps, but I'm more inclined to think civ on him.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Spacedaisy »

Corn and Corn Alone Day!

Vompatti has been lynched. He was The Ugly One! It is now Night 6. You have until noon tomorrow to get me your Night action PMs and hut choices. Good luck!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Re: Homestar Runner [Night 6]

Post by Snow Dog »

Ugly One? Who is that?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Aaah..a baddie...good!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Wow, way to go guys! I am really impressed.

Seriously, how were you able to read Vompers as bad rather than as him just being usual Vomp? I have such trouble with that.

Let's cut MP some slack and move on to other possibilities.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti has been here all game so it's rather odd that they had no night kills don't you think?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Wow, I guess day 1 sucked for the Teen Girls then, two way tie between half their members.
Snow Dog wrote:Vompatti has been here all game so it's rather odd that they had no night kills don't you think?
Yes, very. Perhaps they just had bad luck with their targets.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Mongoose wrote:Wow, way to go guys! I am really impressed.

Seriously, how were you able to read Vompers as bad rather than as him just being usual Vomp? I have such trouble with that.

If I hadn't voted for MP, Vomps or SVS was my most likely vote too.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Snow Dog wrote:Vompatti has been here all game so it's rather odd that they had no night kills don't you think?
It is, and I'm dying to know what Vomp's secret ability was. We just need to off So&So and then we can hunt down Cheerleader! The game feels much more attainable now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:Wow, I guess day 1 sucked for the Teen Girls then, two way tie between half their members.
Yes, very. Perhaps they just had bad luck with their targets.
Yes good point. About day 1 I mean
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yippee! Finally! RIP Vompatti but BIH to The Ugly One.

Mongoose, it was BDH's case that swayed me on Vompatti.

linki forever
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Mongoose wrote:Wow, way to go guys! I am really impressed.

I think I have the benefit of not knowing anyone in the game so my perception of things remains clear and unfiltered.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

RIP voopy, you had me doubting you enough not to vote for you, you rascally wombat >:(
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Woot woot! :dance: Another one bites the dust. Way to go those of you with the good sniffers out there.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Draconus »

see? SEE? If you had just listened to me... :sigh:
... Urp... :zombie:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Here's a thought -- if Trogdor was truly dead, would our host have us send in hut choices? I can see why yes/no, because if not, we would know he was dead and that's the point if he wasn't killed in the day poll. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this?

I'm definitely in the Trogdor Lives camp.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Mongoose wrote:Here's a thought -- if Trogdor was truly dead, would our host have us send in hut choices? I can see why yes/no, because if not, we would know he was dead and that's the point if he wasn't killed in the day poll. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this?

I don't see how he can be dead. i never did understand the theory.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

ebwop..unless the host error was Borrukai couldn't be killed because Troggy was already dead.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:Here's a thought -- if Trogdor was truly dead, would our host have us send in hut choices? I can see why yes/no, because if not, we would know he was dead and that's the point if he wasn't killed in the day poll. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this?

I could see Daisy having us carry on sending in hut choices if Trogster had died at night. It keeps us on our toes. However, I'm also in the same camp as you. Speaking of which I just realised I have to send in my choice!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:

I could see Daisy having us carry on sending in hut choices if Trogster had died at night. It keeps us on our toes. However, I'm also in the same camp as you. Speaking of which I just realised I have to send in my choice!
Yeah I'm going for hut 3 again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

juliets wrote:Leamiteo I hope you will soon find what it is about me that makes your hair stand on end. I would like to reply to it while its fresh on your mind.
Reading back through I didn't get that feeling. I have been rather behind and playing catch up, so it is quite possible that I confused you with someone else.

I'm multitasking work and mafia..but leaning more on the mafia side. I'll be back later!
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

w00t! Excellent result!

RIP Vomps :hug:

So what is this business about huts? :confused:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

indiglo wrote:w00t! Excellent result!

RIP Vomps :hug:

So what is this business about huts? :confused:
You pick one every night (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) and PM it to Daisy. Trogdor picks a hut, and one person from the hunt is instantly incinerated (it is randomized).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

If you fail to send in a PM choosing a hut, then Daisy auto puts you into the hut that Trogdor has selected.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Yikes! :eek: Thanks Mongoose!

XOXO Epi Girl
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, sweet result!!!! See you in another game, Vomps; BIH, the Ugly One!!

Well done, BDH. I've been starting to turn around you this cycle and this result only confirms that I am probably correct to re-evaluate you in that light.

Just a thought... The Cheerleader kills tonight and only that role can kill. Assuming the civvie role blocker is still alive, it might behoove the person with that role to block the same person they blocked on Night 4, when their kill failed. It would not only save a life but also give that blocker much more likely confirmation that the person they are blocking is indeed The Cheerleader. Since The Cheerleader cannot presumably double target, they cannot possibly pick the same person to die as they did last time, thereby, if the kill fails again, ruling out the likelihood that the kill failed previously because of someone's survival, rather than a block.

Mongoose, I only received two votes today, one of which was from this MP guy. First, not sure why you would need to say players should back off of MP; surely he can defend myself. Second, I am NOT backing off that guy. He is way too suspicious. :p

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:...snip...

Votes MP

votes MP

WTF? What is voting for yourself proving? What does it even mean? Are you saying my vote is so absurd that you think what the hell, and vote as well?

i don't get it.

Am slightly regretting my vote though. I was sure earlier as a result of, i though, an eureka moment in bed. As the day progresses am less sure. :sigh: :sigh:
:feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also,

This thread is no place for a mighty warrior!!!

/night hides
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, I refuse to night hide. I just wanted an excuse to say that.

But now I have to go study.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also,

/night hides
Well that's lucky because I see no mighty warriors around! :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:

/night hides
I'm just trying to be funny and quasi-quoting Homestar Runner since I haven't really gotten a chance to do that yet this game.

Also, Bullz, I meant to say earlier, do you recall how Devin said there was one thing he lied about this game? What do you suppose that one thing is?

Okay, seriously, now gone.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

/night hides
I'm just trying to be funny and quasi-quoting Homestar Runner since I haven't really gotten a chance to do that yet this game.

Also, Bullz, I meant to say earlier, do you recall how Devin said there was one thing he lied about this game? What do you suppose that one thing is?

Okay, seriously, now gone.
I'm just trying to tease you because I haven't teased enough people in this game.

I do remember Devin's comments, it's interesting but I dunno what he was referring to. Could be worth a look back.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Post by borokkuei »

Hell. Yeah. Boi.

Good job everyone :lorab: I never did like teen girls.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Excellent result everyone! I'm glad BDH's case made a significant enough difference there! BIH The Ugly One!!! :feb:
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Oh. Cwap. I missed the poll.
Sorry everyone!! The host has great mercy, so no harm done apparently. I just survived most of my first week of my last semester ("Aaaah, my most of me!!"). Let's just say that I already feel behind. :overreact:
Thank goodness there's a weekend, so I should be able to pick back up.

I'm trying to outdo your quoting, MP. :D
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

And by behind I mean, behind in school... and the game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 110

Post by S~V~S »

OMG, am I still alive??

So sorry all, I had electricians ripping out my internet, followed by fried routers the landlord ignored since HIS internet worked.

I see I took votes, have to catch up again, lol. Again, so sorry.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Sorry for missing. D: good result though!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm particularly looking forward to any insights you have, DP. Same goes for you SVS.

Also, I'm sorry I went ahead and gave you a vote! I goofed up the ending time/day for this past day period. Otherwise I would have held off longer and probably not voted for you. :(
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

So here's my quandry: the going theory is that Trogdor has been either absent or not paying attention (possibly that he's been very VERY unlucky with his targets). It has also been theorized that SVS is the top candidate to fall under these former parameters. How exactly does she defend against this? Whether she's trogdor or not, she has to deny everything, but she can't really argue against the circumstances around the events as they've played out (i.e. she hasn't been around and there've been no trogdor kills). And if she's any other character who has some sort of night power that we haven't seen yet, it'd still basically be like outing herself if something happens tonight that we haven't seen.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm glad I didn't end up voting her, but yeah - I am looking forward to reading some replies from her and DP. I mean that in a sincere and non-snarky way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”