AMERICAN GODS~ Day 10

Moderator: Community Team

Someone has to be Killing people, right?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Aphrodite
No votes
Ceres
8%
Chronos
38%
Electra
No votes
Helios
No votes
Phoenix
8%
Zeus
No votes
Ceridwen (h/n)
46%

Total votes: 13
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Three

Post by Sockys2023 »

Glad to see no death.

I have a few people I trust. I look forward to reading their posts. If they can lead me to others to trust, then even better.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Young Lady »

Medusa wrote:This is way more entertaining than Elvis videos-

Who was it that pushed the idea that Artemis made a slip? I've always thought that if a slip is debatable, then it's not a slip. And I can't help but be a little suspicious of people who push something as fact when it's actually not. I'll go back and reread that whole thing. Smells like a setup. :|
I was the one that questioned both her post and her response. I'm not sure I get what you mean by debatable. Unless someone posts, "I'm bad," then aren't all slips questionable? Maybe I don't understand what you mean.

I did not set anyone up. I just saw something that I view as suspicious, and continue to find suspicious, and pointed it out.
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Perd Hapley »

Athena wrote:
Medusa wrote:This is way more entertaining than Elvis videos-

Who was it that pushed the idea that Artemis made a slip? I've always thought that if a slip is debatable, then it's not a slip. And I can't help but be a little suspicious of people who push something as fact when it's actually not. I'll go back and reread that whole thing. Smells like a setup. :|
I was the one that questioned both her post and her response. I'm not sure I get what you mean by debatable. Unless someone posts, "I'm bad," then aren't all slips questionable? Maybe I don't understand what you mean.

I did not set anyone up. I just saw something that I view as suspicious, and continue to find suspicious, and pointed it out.
A non-debatable slip would be accidentally posting something in this thread that was meant to go in a chat thread, or saying 'we' instead of 'I'. But most of the time, what people say might be a slip, turns out not to be.

What Artemis said was discussed as 'could that have been a slip'? It seems like you and someone else- forgot who but I'll reread tomorrow, wanted that idea to take hold. Anyway, I'll think about this tomorrow.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I tend to agree with Medusa that the "maybe a slip" is probably not one. As I said before, I was reading the confrontation as a civ-on-civ quarrel as are so common in this game, especially in the early stages.

However, I am troubled by the fact that she survived a lynch attempt when she had the most votes. I wanted to ask her if she knew how that happened, but I suppose I'll get no answers today.

I also think Persephone has made a rather compelling case about Fortuna, who has still made no effort to defend herself. Everyone else seems quiet so far today, so I'm content to wait and see what develops for a while before making up my mind.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

One more thing I just noticed looking over my notes. I find it interesting that Athena has been pushing an Artemis vote, but has so far declined to cast any lynch votes herself.
Perhaps afraid of going on record?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Chuck »

:o Doggies!
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Eros wrote: Say, did you know that "marital" is an anagram of "martial?" Kinda makes ya think, am I right?
Also, "ram tail." Do rams even have tails? I didn't think so, but then I saw this where it is clearly highlighted in red. Eros makes a lot of good points.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Paul Stevens »

Who spiked the ambrosia while I was gone? Did Bacchus sneak into this party while no one was looking? That guy is nothing but trouble!

This goddess got busy in rl, but will be back to sort through this mess. Ketchup? Robots? Seinfeld's apt?

We have killers on the loose, don't go all namby-pamby!
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Larry David »

what an entertaining catch up. :)
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

- Poet Dylan Thomas.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Apollo wrote:One more thing I just noticed looking over my notes. I find it interesting that Athena has been pushing an Artemis vote, but has so far declined to cast any lynch votes herself.
Nope. I just keep missing the votes.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Athena wrote:
Apollo wrote:One more thing I just noticed looking over my notes. I find it interesting that Athena has been pushing an Artemis vote, but has so far declined to cast any lynch votes herself.
Do you think you'll vote this time?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Artemis wrote:Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

- Poet Dylan Thomas.
Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another day's useless energy spent Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey and yellow, white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion

~ Moody Blues Late Lament

Such a fun catch up.

Looking forward to hearing from Athena and her thoughts on the Wisconsin voters as promised from Day 2.

And am hoping that Fortuna will work up some sort of response.

Apollo your voting record so far has been iffy at best. Who are you watching as your top suspects for this lynch?

Chronos you say that Arte and Athena should be looked at for today. What have you found looking back? Are they your suspects for today?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Persephone wrote: Apollo your voting record so far has been iffy at best. Who are you watching as your top suspects for this lynch?
It certainly has! Believe me, no one is more upset about that than I am, although I would point out that Hercules and Medusa have equally terrible records, and a lot of people have no records at all, which I would argue is just as bad.

I think you have made a pretty good case on Fortuna, and the fact that she has made no effort to defend herself pings me mightily. She is right at the top of my list.
Despite the fact that she was targeted last night, I have become very suspicious of Athena. She never votes during the day (when she has 48 hours) but has always voted at night (when she has only 24 hours.) What sort of roles are more interested in being around at night than during the day?

Those are my top two suspects at the moment, but it is early yet.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I also am keeping an eye on Artemis, but I think I would rather wait until I can ask her how she survived a lynch and get a coherent answer.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Apollo wrote:I also am keeping an eye on Artemis, but I think I would rather wait until I can ask her how she survived a lynch and get a coherent answer.
http://ia700502.us.archive.org/28/items ... Huxley.pdf
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Two

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Persephone wrote: But maybe we should look at those who have just latched onto this without adding any of their own originality to the discussion aka Fortuna. here is her post:
Fortuna wrote::ponder: Interesting. I agree with Athena. Can you explain yourself Artemis?
So what was interesting? What do YOU think about what Arte said? What Athena said? You have just jumped in on this but yet added nothing yourself if it is so interesting I would think you would tell us what is so interesting.

Sure baddies will say "There are a lot/several civs who voted X" I have seen it happen but I have also seen players like Fortuna latching on without putting themselves out there in the limelight like Athena did. I am going to be very interested to see what happens with these three as this day progresses.
This post makes me way more nervous about its author than its subject.
dunya
Turnip Head
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

You know, being insanifia. You know, beinsanifia. You know, being is the worst part part of mafia. You know, beinsanifia. You know, being is the worst part of mafied really is the worst part part part of mafia. You know, beinsanified really is the worst of mafia. You know, being insanifia. You know, being is the worst part of mafia. You know, being is the worst part of mafia. You know, being is the worst part of mafia. You know, beinsanifia. You know, being is the worst of mafied really is the wors
To be recycled
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hercules wrote:You know, being insanifia. You know, beinsanifia. You know, being is the worst part part of mafia. You know, beinsanifia. You know, being is the worst part of mafied really is the worst part part part of mafia. You know, beinsanified really is the worst of mafia. You know, being insanifia. You know, being is the worst part of mafia. You know, being is the worst part of mafia. You know, being is the worst part of mafia. You know, beinsanifia. You know, being is the worst of mafied really is the wors
:huh: That is not the same insanifier we have seen from other people (and there seem to have been a LOT of insanifications.) I think somebody may be faking.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Ther didn't work other didn't work on my tablet. The on anifiernate. The me on alte. The hosts gave anifiernaternate. The on me my tablet. The on alte. Ther didn't work on my tablet. Thernater didn't work other didn't work on me on an alter didn't work othe hosts gave my tablet. The my tablet. Ther insan alter insanifiernate. Ther didn't work on me anifier didn't work on anifiernater insan alternate. The an me hosts gave hosts gave othe alter didn't work othe anifier didn't work on me anifier didn'
To be recycled
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Apollo wrote:
Athena wrote:
Do you think you'll vote this time?
I certainly plan to. I've planned to vote the other times, too. But then I keep forgetting when the poll closes. And then I vote early in the cycle at night so I remember, lol.
Supervisor
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

For worth ersephone. Forth I about right. For what right. Forth erost right. Forth erost pos agree wit's agree wor what it's with ersephone. That doesn't ith I about sit sit pos agree wit's wit sit's worth eros wit doesn't doesn't doesn't right. For what sit doesn't Persephone. That right. That sit's about sith eros agree what doesn't right. Forth ersephone. Forth eros agree what right. That doesn't Persephone. That pos agree wit right. Forth erost doesn't Peros what sit right. Forth I about s
To be recycled
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Apollo wrote:I also am keeping an eye on Artemis, but I think I would rather wait until I can ask her how she survived a lynch and get a coherent answer.
I agree here. Arte had 6 votes and Prometheus had 5. So two players who each had a second vote voted for Prometheus or there was a switch or save. I feel the latter is most likely.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Artemis wrote:Artemis is runk so votes eors
Drunk at 6:22pm EST or earlier? Only Dionysus would do that.
Words of Wisdom From Wisakedjak
[center]One team is made of completely non American members[/center]
:ponder:
dunya
Turnip Head
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros and Hercules are wary of Persephone? Just making sure that I'm understanding correctly.

Also, if Athena did not vote in the lynch, this would rule her out as Hinzelmann on the night Atlas died. Does that sound right?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Two

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Eros wrote:
Persephone wrote: But maybe we should look at those who have just latched onto this without adding any of their own originality to the discussion aka Fortuna. here is her post:
Fortuna wrote::ponder: Interesting. I agree with Athena. Can you explain yourself Artemis?
So what was interesting? What do YOU think about what Arte said? What Athena said? You have just jumped in on this but yet added nothing yourself if it is so interesting I would think you would tell us what is so interesting.

Sure baddies will say "There are a lot/several civs who voted X" I have seen it happen but I have also seen players like Fortuna latching on without putting themselves out there in the limelight like Athena did. I am going to be very interested to see what happens with these three as this day progresses.
This post makes me way more nervous about its author than its subject.
Elaborate please. I am glad to hear Fortuna, Arte and Athena are nothing for you to be nervous over.

Linky Yes Medusa both are suspicious of me though neither has elaborated why. Idk about the Atlas thing.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Just trying to figure out Apollos suspicion. Athena could be on either bad team, but she couldn't be Hinzelmann, due to missing the lynch votes.

It's not totally damning of course, but a point to remember.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Jack Shephard »

Very interesting...

This is pretty much why I'm more suspicious of her than Artemis at this point.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Saito »

Some thoughts on this whole Arte vs. Athena business:

1. First thing that went thru my mind was: well played! Someone's trying to kill two birds with one stone. Except they missed at least one. Naturally, with Athena a target for NK-ing everyone would turn their heads towards Arte, who fortunately for them, is part of today's insanity fest, faking or not, and can't defend herself. I'll use the 'too stupid and too irresponsible for a baddie' argument again. But maybe that was exactly the point.
2. Then another thing went thru my godly head: Arte survived a lynching. How?
3. And another: so Athena is not part of the New Gods gang, but does this make her a civ? Not necessarily: there's still the Spooky people and a nice SK.
4. Another: I've played some games and since this one has a truckload of secrets, how do we know that this isn't a setup and Athena is not part of the New Gods?
5. I HAVE NO FREAKIN IDEA! I suspect them just as much as I did before this.
6. Not related to AvA, my gut feeling still tells me to look at both Apollo and Poseidon.

linki - lots of stuff
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Medusa wrote:Just trying to figure out Apollos suspicion. Athena could be on either bad team, but she couldn't be Hinzelmann, due to missing the lynch votes.

Yes, I think that's right. She was targeted by Tech Boy, so my suspicion is that she is on the other baddie team. I'm hesitant to draw too many conclusions about Hinzelmann, because I'm guessing he is quite a powerful and secret role, but I guess we have to take the hostesses at their word for now.

linki: Ceres makes a bunch of good points. We don't know whether the two indies are civ friendly or not.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Rachel Green »

Ceres wrote:Some thoughts on this whole Arte vs. Athena business:

1. First thing that went thru my mind was: well played! Someone's trying to kill two birds with one stone. Except they missed at least one. Naturally, with Athena a target for NK-ing everyone would turn their heads towards Arte, who fortunately for them, is part of today's insanity fest, faking or not, and can't defend herself. I'll use the 'too stupid and too irresponsible for a baddie' argument again. But maybe that was exactly the point.
For me, Artemis being insanified tells me one of two things: Either someone is trying to protect her from a "mistake" she made i.e. a baddie teammate did it or someone is trying to frame her. Whether I pursue that or not depends on what her responses are once she can post normally
2. Then another thing went thru my godly head: Arte survived a lynching. How?
Again, another thing I look forward to hearing from her. If she doesn't know why though, I would lean towards some players having secret/extra votes
3. And another: so Athena is not part of the New Gods gang, but does this make her a civ? Not necessarily: there's still the Spooky people and a nice SK.
4. Another: I've played some games and since this one has a truckload of secrets, how do we know that this isn't a setup and Athena is not part of the New Gods?
I think this is one of those games where the hosts (or rather, hostesses) are going to ultimately force us to make a decision based on whatever evidence we have at hand. Hence the boatload of secrets. And I tend to wait until the last possible minute to make certain decisions in mafia, so that works perfectly fine for me.
5. I HAVE NO FREAKIN IDEA! I suspect them just as much as I did before this.
6. Not related to AvA, my gut feeling still tells me to look at both Apollo and Poseidon.

linki - lots of stuff
Could someone explain a bit more about the suspicion towards Apollo? I get the Poseidon case, even though I don't agree with it fully. But I would like to hear more on it from other players. Especially Apollo in particular if he hasn't gone into details yet. Meanwhile I will go back and try to look for what started it.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

What do you want to hear from me about, Pluto? I didn't entirely understand your post, but I would be happy to answer any questions.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Rachel Green »

Apollo wrote:What do you want to hear from me about, Pluto? I didn't entirely understand your post, but I would be happy to answer any questions.
I'm sorry. I misworded that. It was supposed to read "Apollo's suspicions". I get your reasoning behind Athena, and I could see that being a possibility. But I feel like there was someone else you were looking at today, and I can't remember who it was or what it was for.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Pluto wrote:
Apollo wrote:What do you want to hear from me about, Pluto? I didn't entirely understand your post, but I would be happy to answer any questions.
I'm sorry. I misworded that. It was supposed to read "Apollo's suspicions". I get your reasoning behind Athena, and I could see that being a possibility. But I feel like there was someone else you were looking at today, and I can't remember who it was or what it was for.
The other suspect I am looking at today is Fortuna, because Persephone pointed out that she was saying "yes, I agree" a lot without contributing anything new, which is something baddies do a lot. She has failed to do anything to defend herself, which makes me worry about her as well.

Who are you looking at? I realize you were ketchup-bot-ified for a day, but I feel like you've been chatty without really advancing any theories of who might be bad?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Jack Shephard »

Apollo wrote:
Medusa wrote:Just trying to figure out Apollos suspicion. Athena could be on either bad team, but she couldn't be Hinzelmann, due to missing the lynch votes.

Yes, I think that's right. She was targeted by Tech Boy, so my suspicion is that she is on the other baddie team. I'm hesitant to draw too many conclusions about Hinzelmann, because I'm guessing he is quite a powerful and secret role, but I guess we have to take the hostesses at their word for now.

linki: Ceres makes a bunch of good points. We don't know whether the two indies are civ friendly or not.
Apollo, what secrets are you talking about with Hinzelmann. I copied and pasted this from the first page...

Hinzelmann He loved his adopted American Home of Lakeside, WI. He loved it so much, he made a secret deal with it; nothing bad or harmful would ever come to Lakeside as long as Lakeside never really looked into the one young person who mysteriously disappeared each year with the arrival of Spring. Hinzlemann has the opportunity to kill every night, or to self protect, but he cannot do both on one night, and he cannot self protect two nights in a row. He CAN kill two nights in a row.

I am just wondering if you know something that the rest of us don't?

Also, other than being a little bit less than stellar in terms of contribution... is there anything else about Fortuna?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

What's everyone doing for Halloween? Maybe a corn maze?

I found this locator for corn mazes if you want to give it a shot.
http://www.themaize.com/map_locations.php

Or perhaps you don't want to pop any corn this autumn. And you want to pop bubble wrap instead. Well, have I got the application for you: http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Apollo wrote:
Pluto wrote:
The other suspect I am looking at today is Fortuna, because Persephone pointed out that she was saying "yes, I agree" a lot without contributing anything new, which is something baddies do a lot. She has failed to do anything to defend herself, which makes me worry about her as well.

Who are you looking at? I realize you were ketchup-bot-ified for a day, but I feel like you've been chatty without really advancing any theories of who might be bad?
I would vote for you before Tychee.

Especially since I've got a Keno tournament this weekend.

But seriously. :evileye:
dunya
Turnip Head
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Eros wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Pluto wrote:

I would vote for you before Tychee.

Especially since I've got a Keno tournament this weekend.

But seriously. :evileye:
Let's have a pinwheel-making contest!
http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/pap ... wheel.html
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Chronos wrote: Apollo, what secrets are you talking about with Hinzelmann. I copied and pasted this from the first page...

Hinzelmann He loved his adopted American Home of Lakeside, WI. He loved it so much, he made a secret deal with it; nothing bad or harmful would ever come to Lakeside as long as Lakeside never really looked into the one young person who mysteriously disappeared each year with the arrival of Spring. Hinzlemann has the opportunity to kill every night, or to self protect, but he cannot do both on one night, and he cannot self protect two nights in a row. He CAN kill two nights in a row.

I am just wondering if you know something that the rest of us don't?

Also, other than being a little bit less than stellar in terms of contribution... is there anything else about Fortuna?
I don't know anything you don't know, I am just bad at reading the roles and remembering. I think I was confusing him with Wednesday or Low Key Lie Smith. Since all the other indies had secrets, I remembered Hinzelmann as having them too. Thanks for correcting me.

The only other thing I have on Fortuna is a general distrust of people who don't weigh in on two-way conflicts between top vote getters. On day one, she voted for Atlas instead of either Poseidon or Hermes. On Day 2 she missed the vote. When I am bad, I often try to avoid casting a vote that could be used against me later, so when a civ looks likely to be lynched, I usually vote for someone else. I expect others do the same, so I always look more carefully at those sorts of voters. I hope that makes sense.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I said: 'Brr... it's cold in here
there must be some Clovers in the at-mos-phere.'

Return to “Previous Jobs”