Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Epignosis »

I also want to fuck up JJJ's case on lapluie (who also, wasn't mentioned by anyone other than Marmot):

lapluie had civilian BTSC in Mortal Kombat. It is much easier to stay invested in a game when you have BTSC.

In addition, Mortal Kombat had 106 pages of posts in NINE phases including endgame discussion.

This is at 81 pages on Day 2.

Lapluie is behind, and I think this is another case of JJJ gunning for an easy lynch.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:20 am I could go for lapluie if that's on the table. As it stands it is between cbob and Dr. White, and I'd prefer to lynch the latter but I prefer rdw over either if he can still get enough votes. My preference out of the likely candidates at the moment would be rundontwalk > lapluie > Dr. White > colonialbob. I dunno what happened to lynching Quin though :sigh:
"I'll go for whatever. The only good civilian is a dead civilian." - nutella, February 16, 2018
Dr. White
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Dr. White »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 am
Dr. White wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:17 am
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:14 am
Dr. White wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:12 am Yep I'm good with this for now
VOTE LYNCH NUTELLA
why?
Because it is extremely speculative? I am a new player here who was one of the last people to vote. Trying to gauge possible nefarious intention on who and what I assigned is extremely weak reasoning for a lynch chain ( completely ignoring in game content especially) as you have no clue why i did what I did and that method for deciphering intention is extremely non evidenced.

I mentioned suspciions about you earlier so you can read up on those two, and you seem to be going eith whatever lynch is easy like me and mac. You went for extremely low hanging fruit on my lynch and were the only one to ask me multiple times about why i gave my role to iron dwarf which was extremely weak reasoning. So imo you were trying to oush that angle for my lynch.
Why was it weak reasoning, besides the fact that you don't agree with it?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:22 am I also want to fuck up JJJ's case on lapluie (who also, wasn't mentioned by anyone other than Marmot):

lapluie had civilian BTSC in Mortal Kombat. It is much easier to stay invested in a game when you have BTSC.

In addition, Mortal Kombat had 106 pages of posts in NINE phases including endgame discussion.

This is at 81 pages on Day 2.

Lapluie is behind, and I think this is another case of JJJ gunning for an easy lynch.
ok no she's been mentioned by several people including myself and Quin

but actually your argument is reasonable, she could just be overwhelmed by this insane game :shrug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dr. White
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Dr. White »

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 am
VOTE LYNCH NUTELLA
why?
I mentioned suspciions about you earlier so you can read up on those two, and you seem to be going eith whatever lynch is easy like me and mac. You went for extremely low hanging fruit on my lynch and were the only one to ask me multiple times about why i gave my role to iron dwarf which was extremely weak reasoning. So imo you were trying to oush that angle for my lynch.
I was not the only one to talk about the draft issue. In fact I'm pretty sure dunya brought it up first.
Your point? I didn't say you brought it up first? I said there were multiple things making me wary of you before, AND you were the one continuously tagging me for answers about it and then voted me on flimsy logic.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

rundontwalk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:22 am
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:20 am I could go for lapluie if that's on the table. As it stands it is between cbob and Dr. White, and I'd prefer to lynch the latter but I prefer rdw over either if he can still get enough votes. My preference out of the likely candidates at the moment would be rundontwalk > lapluie > Dr. White > colonialbob. I dunno what happened to lynching Quin though :sigh:
"I'll go for whatever. The only good civilian is a dead civilian." - nutella, February 16, 2018
excuse me what?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I mean, JJJ was in Mortal Kombat, eventually found out that lapluie had civilian BTSC, this game is on page 81 on Day 2, and he suspects her for not keeping up?

What the hell?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

personally: TSP ~= Iron_Dwarf > Kenway > Dr. White > Kites/RDW. But in the interest of self-preservation I'll vote for whoever has the most votes and isn't me, obvi.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 am
excuse me what?
You are excused.

You don't care who is lynched is what I got from your whatever attitude towards lynching lapluie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dr. White wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 am
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 am
VOTE LYNCH NUTELLA
why?
I was not the only one to talk about the draft issue. In fact I'm pretty sure dunya brought it up first.
Your point? I didn't say you brought it up first? I said there were multiple things making me wary of you before, AND you were the one continuously tagging me for answers about it and then voted me on flimsy logic.
Fine, you have every right to suspect me, although I don't believe I was going after "low-hanging fruit" when I genuinely suspected you. Fwiw I'm not voting for you anymore; I think your recent posts look a lot more civ.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JJJ's pets so far:

Quin
Iron Dwarf
Dr. White
lapluie

Somebody tell me he isn't going for easy, early lynches.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:25 am
personally: TSP ~= Iron_Dwarf > Kenway > Dr. White > Kites/RDW. But in the interest of self-preservation I'll vote for whoever has the most votes and isn't me, obvi.
I was just talking about the people who are actually likely to be lynched; I have other suspects and I don't know that I would say rdw is my top suspect overall.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

May I just remind everybody I'm currently on the block and afaik we're still waiting on a comprehensive case against me?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ugh I'm feeling really hesitant about this just remembering how strong my civ read on rdw was on day 1. Maybe I'm completely misreading how he's been handling this high-pressure situation. Aaaaaa god this lynch is stressful
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 am May I just remind everybody I'm currently on the block and afaik we're still waiting on a comprehensive case against me?
You got a vote count handy?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:15 amYou said my exercise had applications. What did you get out of it?
I got close to nothing out of it. It wasn't my thing. If it had been my thing and something I was personally invested in overseeing, I may have prodded specific people about their specific reads as they pertained to their don choices -- similar to the general question you asked, but pointed at specific names, incessantly, and constantly. I don't think the relationship need exist that you imply (I think you imply?), but it's a question which can still produce interesting answers.

As you portrayed it, whether you intended it or not, the result was a waning of the trust enjoyed by dunya and I, and essentially no effect to people who had civilian reads on us. If the latter are the point of contention, then the former shouldn't have become the focus of the discussion.

To be frank, I think the value of the exercise was best seen during it, and the "results" were about as meaningful as gun-to-head reads exercise results would be on Day 0.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 am
I was just talking about the people who are actually likely to be lynched; I have other suspects and I don't know that I would say rdw is my top suspect overall.
You literally just said I was your top lynch candidate
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 am I mean, JJJ was in Mortal Kombat, eventually found out that lapluie had civilian BTSC, this game is on page 81 on Day 2, and he suspects her for not keeping up?

What the hell?
Mortal Kombat moved very quickly in the early stages. I don't know why I am supposed to care about civilian BTSC.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:30 am
colonialbob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 am May I just remind everybody I'm currently on the block and afaik we're still waiting on a comprehensive case against me?
You got a vote count handy?
AUBERGINE

[4] colonialbob - Marmot, Kites, TonyStarkPrime, Iron_Dwarf

[1] Iron_Dwarf - gwilikers6
[1] Marmot - sig
[3] rundontwalk - JaggedJimmyJay, Epignosis, nutella
[1] dunya - DrWilgy
[1] Long Con - Dragon D. Luffy
[4] Dr. White - MacDougall, ColinIsCool, speedchuck, colonialbob
[1] sig - sprityo
[1] lapluie - Quin
[1] Epignosis - rundontwalk
[1] nutella - Dr. White

No vote: Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, Long Con
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

rundontwalk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:25 am
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 am
excuse me what?
You are excused.

You don't care who is lynched is what I got from your whatever attitude towards lynching lapluie.
No, I have expressed suspicion of lapluie before. I think she is a good choice. I'm heavily considering switching off of you right now but to whom depends on the realistic options (for instance I think cbob is town and would vote for someone to surpass him)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 am Ugh I'm feeling really hesitant about this just remembering how strong my civ read on rdw was on day 1. Maybe I'm completely misreading how he's been handling this high-pressure situation. Aaaaaa god this lynch is stressful
If you think I'm scum stop being hesitant and vote for me. If you're really town scum are going to keep you around because your inability to take a stand serves them.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:28 am JJJ's pets so far:

Quin
Iron Dwarf
Dr. White
lapluie

I would agree at least that Iron_Dwarf and lapluie are "easy". I don't care. Easy and civilian aren't synonymous. Sometimes mafia members are easy to lynch.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:30 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:15 amYou said my exercise had applications. What did you get out of it?
I got close to nothing out of it. It wasn't my thing. If it had been my thing and something I was personally invested in overseeing, I may have prodded specific people about their specific reads as they pertained to their don choices -- similar to the general question you asked, but pointed at specific names, incessantly, and constantly. I don't think the relationship need exist that you imply (I think you imply?), but it's a question which can still produce interesting answers.

As you portrayed it, whether you intended it or not, the result was a waning of the trust enjoyed by dunya and I, and essentially no effect to people who had civilian reads on us. If the latter are the point of contention, then the former shouldn't have become the focus of the discussion.

To be frank, I think the value of the exercise was best seen during it, and the "results" were about as meaningful as gun-to-head reads exercise results would be on Day 0.
I don't agree. I think most people were untruthful in their names because they didn't really give it much thought. I think mafia tried to fake some truthfulness.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

rundontwalk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:30 am
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 am
You literally just said I was your top lynch candidate
Out of the people getting votes. read my goddamn post
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: lapluie] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:32 am

Quin
Iron Dwarf
Dr. White
lapluie

I would agree at least that Iron_Dwarf and lapluie are "easy". I don't care. Easy and civilian aren't synonymous. Sometimes mafia members are easy to lynch.
Your reasons for all of them are lazy though. Quin not engaging anyone "substantively?" lapluie not "hitting the ground running here like she did in MK?"

Lazy work. I do not believe you are a civilian, sir.

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

rundontwalk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:32 am
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 am Ugh I'm feeling really hesitant about this just remembering how strong my civ read on rdw was on day 1. Maybe I'm completely misreading how he's been handling this high-pressure situation. Aaaaaa god this lynch is stressful
If you think I'm scum stop being hesitant and vote for me. If you're really town scum are going to keep you around because your inability to take a stand serves them.
Dude my vote has been on you. I just said I'm considering moving it off of you because of how strongly I town read you earlier in the game.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] hellllooooooo where you at

[mention]rundontwalk[/mention] would you prefer me or dr. white, or are you ride or die on Epi?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:32 am

Quin
Iron Dwarf
Dr. White
lapluie

I'm with this.

[VOTE: lapluie] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:34 am Your reasons for all of them are lazy though. Quin not engaging anyone "substantively?" lapluie not "hitting the ground running here like she did in MK?"

k

Do you have a reason to believe Quin and lapluie are civilians?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

See it's baffling Epi would switch vote from me (I might be lynched) to some one who isn't gonna be lynched
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

AUBERGINE

[1] Marmot - sig
[1] dunya - DrWilgy
[1] sig - sprityo
[3] lapluie - Quin, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella
[1] nutella - Dr. White
[1] JaggedJimmyJay - Epignosis

No vote: Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, Long Con
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:32 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:30 am

I don't agree. I think most people were untruthful in their names because they didn't really give it much thought. I think mafia tried to fake some truthfulness.
This
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

AUBERGINE

[1] Marmot - sig
[1] rundontwalk - Epignosis
[1] dunya - DrWilgy
[1] sig - sprityo
[3] lapluie - Quin, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella
[1] nutella - Dr. White
[1] JaggedJimmyJay - Epignosis

No vote: [mention]Kenway[/mention] , [mention]Kylemii[/mention] , [mention]lapluie[/mention] , [mention]Long Con[/mention] FIFTEEN MINUTES REMAINING
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Who's the one with the magic mafia-finding vote? [mention]gwilikers6[/mention]?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:35 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:34 am Your reasons for all of them are lazy though. Quin not engaging anyone "substantively?" lapluie not "hitting the ground running here like she did in MK?"

k

Do you have a reason to believe Quin and lapluie are civilians?
That you suspected them for horseshit reasons. I genuinely believe lapluie is behind and that this is not the same thing as MK. Quin I have less confidence about, because Quin is tricky. Neither of them have given me a reason to suspect them.

You, on the other hand, are finding easy reasons to suspect people. That's not good.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:20 am @Kylemii where's your mind at right now?
tbh im having trouble focusing at all right now, I'm a little bit caught up in the afterglow of getting the "you're hired" call earlier c:

I still suspect LC but it doesn't seem like he's on the table.

I feel pretty medium about everyone whose in the lead for votes right now. Like... Not a single one of those boys gives me confidence that their lynch would result in something positive.

I don't really know what the case against cbob is

I feel like I haven't agreed with anything rundontwalk has ever said in this game but I think it's like a meta thing.

Jay's case on Dr. White felt pretty strong, his "interesting" post had a lot of half reads and statements didn't really say anything but his emotional response felt genuineish
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You got me voting two people there. Wish I had two votes.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To be frank:

Most of the time, civilians are terrible at understanding what is suspicious behavior without objective information present to guide the hunt (flips, actions, etc). I am not great at it either. On Day 1, which is where we still are essentially, I don't object to lynching someone with a lack of civilian credit. A lot of people who have said suspicious things have also said things I think look good.

The more posts you have, the more opportunities you have to say something that someone else won't like. Oh well.

Unless someone is a glaring, awful look, I am not inclined to lynch an active player if I can see any civilian light when there's a less active player (especially in a busy-ass game where I'd expect mafia to fall behind more than civilians) who can be lynched instead. Is it easy? Sure. Is it safe? Sure. Is it a valid philosophy which I have lived by in many civilian games throughout my long Mafia life? Yeah.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Sorry lads a lurker is not going to die today, I want an active player to die so we get more info
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Sorry lads a lurker is not going to die today, I want an active player to die so we get more info
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Leaning towards Dr white
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rundontwalk wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:40 am Sorry lads a lurker is not going to die today, I want an active player to die so we get more info
I don't want "info". I want a mafioso.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Aaaaaaaaanybody up for a CFD onto TSP? I still suspect him for my previously laid out reasons.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:39 am That you suspected them for horseshit reasons. I genuinely believe lapluie is behind and that this is not the same thing as MK. Quin I have less confidence about, because Quin is tricky. Neither of them have given me a reason to suspect them.

You, on the other hand, are finding easy reasons to suspect people. That's not good.
I agree that lapluie has fallen behind. What does that have to do with anything?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

what is the actual case on cbob
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:39 am To be frank:

Most of the time, civilians are terrible at understanding what is suspicious behavior without objective information present to guide the hunt (flips, actions, etc). I am not great at it either. On Day 1, which is where we still are essentially, I don't object to lynching someone with a lack of civilian credit. A lot of people who have said suspicious things have also said things I think look good.

The more posts you have, the more opportunities you have to say something that someone else won't like. Oh well.

Unless someone is a glaring, awful look, I am not inclined to lynch an active player if I can see any civilian light when there's a less active player (especially in a busy-ass game where I'd expect mafia to fall behind more than civilians) who can be lynched instead. Is it easy? Sure. Is it safe? Sure. Is it a valid philosophy which I have lived by in many civilian games throughout my long Mafia life? Yeah.
Yeah, this.

and [mention]rundontwalk[/mention] don't you think we would get at least some basis for interaction analysis on the people who suspected her? plus she did post a bit early this day phase
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

[VOTE: DrWhite] aubergine
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:36 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:22 pm @ColinIsCool the only thing I don't get is why you brought the nightkill into it when we were barely halfway into the day phase?
I straight up don't understand this question any time anybody's asked it. Because the things you do in the day phase affect how the mafia perceives you and if you get nightkilled on day 1, you don't live to day 2, and you can't contribute useful information/win the game? Is there a difference in fundamental game mechanics between this site and everywhere else in the universe Mafia is played that I'm not getting?
Because he still has ~24 hours to talk about why he asked his question and what he felt like he learned. He doesn't want to do so before everybody has responded because that skews what responses he gets.

Obviously ridiculous example: "please everybody name your favorite animal"
*answers by some but not all*
"Hey Epi why did you ask this?"
"Well see anybody who mentions a predator is scientifically proven to be mafia"
*remaining players all name fuzzy herbivores*

Did those last players respond honestly or because they knew what he waa looking for?
CBob on Colin:
Both of the CBob posts here are kind of outrageous. The first one comes out of nowhere and is not as far as I can tell directly related to anything in the thread. It rehashes an old argument from hours ago that got some swing the first time.
Where Colin's response is directly an answer to the question posed by CBob, CBob's counter response is not about that response at all. It goes back to the "Colin not answering Epi" thing, another argument already dissected in thread.
CBob switches off his vote half an hour later.
I don't agree with your interpretation. Thread of the dialogue:

~ colonialbob asks Colin why he was concerned about night kill dynamics re: Epi in the middle of the day phase.
~ Colin responds with incredulity and discusses the longer-term potential of day phase chatter to motivate night phase decisions of the mafia team.
~ colonialbob retorts that Epi still had half the day phase in front of him to do his thing with his exercise, relating to the core question about why Colin didn't Epi that time before raising his gripe about night kills. colonialbob draws an analogy to describe why Epi might not want to reveal his hand.

What's the problem in this thread?
Just for reference here's TSP trying to lay out his case on me. This is the most recent time somebody tried to do so.

I find it unconvincing (as did JJJ), but do you?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 am Aaaaaaaaanybody up for a CFD onto TSP? I still suspect him for my previously laid out reasons.
I don't feel it. I think his suspicion of you is misguided, but I don't think he looks bad for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”