Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 3]

Post by nutella »

AUBERGINE

[4] JaggedJimmyJay - Dragon D. Luffy, MacDougall, Epignosis, sprityo
[4] Iron_Dwarf - rundontwalk, colonialbob, speedchuck, nutella
[1] sig - Kenway
[2] DrWilgy - JaggedJimmyJay, Long Con
[1] nutella - Iron_Dwarf

No vote: DrWilgy, gwilikers6, Kites, Kylemii, lapluie, Marmot, Quin, sig
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 292

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:04 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:40 pm Alright, so 5 scum

24 players alive

guys I don't think this is MYLO/LYLO, under any circumstances.
Pretty sure there are 20 players alive?
You are correct. I looked at the wrong list in the opening thing
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 pm I was referring to nutella holding off, probably waiting to see which bandwagon wins out.
How does this jive with her lapluie vote yesterday?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

This is the part where Jay begrudgingly changes his vote to Iron Dwarf for self preservation. Iron Dwarf gets lynched and flips Mafia. Jay, nutella and rdw turn out to be scum but nobody believes it because why would they bus? Epi is mislynched tomorrow. I get nightkilled. Speedchuck is depressed at the end of the game. How did we get it so wrong!? He cries.
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Kites »

Kites wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:32 pm most likely either
a) mafia saved cbob’s ass cos he is scum
b) someone, civ maybe, wanted drwhite dead instead

anyways someone might have a power like lynch redirector? it would probably require voting for the target so colin, dunya/speedchuck or rdw maybe for voting drwhite

this is just speculation btw
I can’t stop thinking about this
since no one has come forward and claimed responsibility or given any explanation for drwhite’s death I’m gonna assume it was mafia’s doing. I believe it wasn’t a passive power, but an active, like epignosis’ lynch stop. And a power like that couldn’t be just aimed at any player of your choice or it would be too op, so you’d have to vote your target
so of those 3, colin is civ and dead, dunya/speedchuck seems good also
[VOTE: rundontwalk] aubergine
I still want Bob dead but I don’t see that happening today
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by Kites »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 am
Kites wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 amoh wow just noticed this, maybe he is then
but that means i had nothing to with the possible misdirection of sig
how is your power worded? because redirecting harmful actions towards your long lost brother doesn't make a lot of sense thematically. is it possible you have it backwards?
no that’s what it says. it doesn’t allow me to help him
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:12 pm This is the part where Jay begrudgingly changes his vote to Iron Dwarf for self preservation. Iron Dwarf gets lynched and flips Mafia. Jay, nutella and rdw turn out to be scum but nobody believes it because why would they bus? Epi is mislynched tomorrow. I get nightkilled. Speedchuck is depressed at the end of the game. How did we get it so wrong!? He cries.
Or you could stop trying to construct an entire Mafia team from nothing. :nicenod:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It is most definitely not based on nothing good sir.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 pm It is most definitely not based on nothing good sir.
I believe that you think so. I think you're literally 0 for 3 though. I couldn't even state a confident read on Dwarf, who appears equal parts slippy derpy mafioso and sig-as-misunderstood-civilian. He's lynchable if not especially inspiring.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RDW's turn on me when I voiced some suspicion of him relative to the case originally posted by Epignosis -- that as a civilian I am usually able to see that RDW is also a civilian (historically that bears out) -- looked authentic. I read his lion and baby gazelle routine as being the proper sort in this game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If there's a general civilian read who is wrongly trusted, my money would be on sig right now. I agree with LC's earlier suggestion that sig's "people tried to lynch lapluie to save X mafioso" thing is dubious. It's an accusation I see plenty, but it's barely ever correct and people ought to be learning their lessons by this point. I don't endorse his lynch today, but I recommend a more vigilant investigation of his content.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lapluie's general demeanor in recent content is starting to look more like it did in Mortal Kombat. She was highly active and voiced her opinions freely, but she was also hesitant to pull the trigger.
lapluie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 am I don't wanna start mislynching players based off of false assumptions/ info, like last games murder crisis, blah that was a mess ;___;
I'm not inclined to presume this post was intended for meta replication. She has little reason to believe we'd have such a specific expectation anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I won't be around much the remainder of the phase. I have work to do. I will check in though, and if you have specific reads you'd like from me then just ask with a tag please. If you ask me to defend myself over some silly shit, expect to be ignored.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 292

Post by speedchuck »

Of the people on the poll, I'm okay with a Wilgy or a Dwarf lynch.

Would appreciate if one of the JJJ voters unvoted. Twice have I seen scum JJJ as of late, and in one of those instances I was watching him with knowledge of his role the whole game. I don't think this is scum JJJ. I've already explained why, in part. I haven't seen a convincing case toward him, and I've taken apart the most substantiated case, because that case was factually wrong.

Right now JJJ is tied for the lead, and I may or may not return before deadline. Make good choices.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am 0 for 3 hey... Interesting comment. For someone so confident in their civ reads you would think you would be a bit more assertive in the thread.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:47 pm Of the people on the poll, I'm okay with a Wilgy or a Dwarf lynch.

Would appreciate if one of the JJJ voters unvoted. Twice have I seen scum JJJ as of late, and in one of those instances I was watching him with knowledge of his role the whole game. I don't think this is scum JJJ. I've already explained why, in part. I haven't seen a convincing case toward him, and I've taken apart the most substantiated case, because that case was factually wrong.

Right now JJJ is tied for the lead, and I may or may not return before deadline. Make good choices.
No.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I appreciate you're a good player speedchuck but I am not unvoting JaggedJimmyJay just because you meta read him civ. I meta read him scum. I read him scum for his content. His choices and decisions.

The only thing that gets my vote of him is a better candidate. I do not see one. I see some less popular players and some easier lynches in the sense that they are sure to fight less and thus create less lashback. If they flip civ it would be easier to hand wave away than mislynching the King of Fuck Mountain. I do not give a shit if I look bad or if I have to answer for it. Jimmy is the best lynch candidate in my opinion. There is a reason he has 4 votes.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:53 pm I am 0 for 3 hey... Interesting comment. For someone so confident in their civ reads you would think you would be a bit more assertive in the thread.
:haha:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Vocalise your point rather than belittling a player you believe to be a civ.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

> JaggedJimmyJay The King Of Fuck Mountain flips civ
> MacDougall: "I think we made the best decision I was able to come up with. That's all we can ask for in any lynch."

:disappoint:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:03 pm > JaggedJimmyJay The King Of Fuck Mountain flips civ
> MacDougall: "I think we made the best decision I was able to come up with. That's all we can ask for in any lynch."

:disappoint:
I so would say that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 pm Vocalise your point rather than belittling a player you believe to be a civ.
Continue to judge Play Like A Normal Person Jimmy the exact same way you judge Supertown Jimmy and you're going to be wrong about everything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:12 pm This is the part where Jay begrudgingly changes his vote to Iron Dwarf for self preservation. Iron Dwarf gets lynched and flips Mafia. Jay, nutella and rdw turn out to be scum but nobody believes it because why would they bus? Epi is mislynched tomorrow. I get nightkilled. Speedchuck is depressed at the end of the game. How did we get it so wrong!? He cries.
Stop being so gloomy. Jay is pushing a counter-wagon on Wilgy anyway.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jay when I say being assertive I don't mean posting a lot. I mean a lot less "soon I will be gone" and "tell my family I love them" woe is me. You seem to have some clear points mixed in with apathy. It's weird.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:07 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 pm Vocalise your point rather than belittling a player you believe to be a civ.
Continue to judge Play Like A Normal Person Jimmy the exact same way you judge Supertown Jimmy and you're going to be wrong about everything.
So I will be wrong about everything because of my opinion on you?

Jay=everything?

Nutella and speedchuck sure think so.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

"Some clear points mixed in with apathy" would make a great name for either a bath bomb scent or a sufjan stevens song
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyway, there's still a good chance I'm going to be dead when this phase ends, so those who are convinced I'm bad because you are the champions of reading JaggedJimmyJay might have your lust for my blood satisfied. I just ask that you begin to formulate an auxiliary game theory for when you are shown that you are mistaken.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:07 pm
Buddy. Did you even read the post before you decided to try to needle me?

Anyway.

1. Jay isn't pushing any counterwagon. He is waiting patiently for an option. Iron Dwarf will become that option. His vote being on Wilgy registers barely a fart.
2. There is nothing gloomy about it. I was chuckling to myself when writing it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:09 pm "Some clear points mixed in with apathy" would make a great name for either a bath bomb scent or a sufjan stevens song
And Auxilliary Game Theory would make an excellent name for a prog rock band.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

AUBERGINE

[4] JaggedJimmyJay - Dragon D. Luffy, MacDougall, Epignosis, sprityo
[4] Iron_Dwarf - rundontwalk, colonialbob, speedchuck, nutella
[1] sig - Kenway
[2] DrWilgy - JaggedJimmyJay, Long Con
[1] nutella - Iron_Dwarf
[1] rundontwalk - Kites

No vote: DrWilgy, gwilikers6 , Kylemii, lapluie, Marmot, Quin, sig
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Anyway.

1. Jay isn't pushing any counterwagon. He is waiting patiently for an option. Iron Dwarf will become that option. His vote being on Wilgy registers barely a fart.
And my post was an ironic way of pointing out Jay isn't even bussing he is literally starting another wagon on an inactive.

And it does register because he was two votes and I think I saw another people saying they'd vote for Wilgy.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:10 pm Anyway, there's still a good chance I'm going to be dead when this phase ends, so those who are convinced I'm bad because you are the champions of reading JaggedJimmyJay might have your lust for my blood satisfied. I just ask that you begin to formulate an auxiliary game theory for when you are shown that you are mistaken.
How does this post help the town in any conceivable way?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:10 pm Anyway, there's still a good chance I'm going to be dead when this phase ends, so those who are convinced I'm bad because you are the champions of reading JaggedJimmyJay might have your lust for my blood satisfied. I just ask that you begin to formulate an auxiliary game theory for when you are shown that you are mistaken.
Oh I definitely have form when it comes to tinfoiling you to the point of mislynch. Fairly sure it was me that drove that wagon in Tree. Maybe Epi too?

But we won so it was all good.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Anyway.

And my post was an ironic way of pointing out Jay isn't even bussing he is literally starting another wagon on an inactive.

And it does register because he was two votes and I think I saw another people saying they'd vote for Wilgy.
Yeah I was saying he waa about to not that he already had. I can read Luffy.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

A point of interest is that Nutella and Speed are voting for ID despite being interested in voting for Wilgy too. If ID is bad they look good for not taking this way out.

Unless Wilgy is bad too...
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Then again, BUSSING
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[mention]gwilikers6[/mention] your tiebreaking skills would be most welcome in this day phase.

Read the last few pages and pick one between Jay and ID.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jay. What is your ID read? I cannot find it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 pm Then again, BUSSING
Yep. Day 3 is prime bus day.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 pm Jay. What is your ID read? I cannot find it.
Orange skittle. I think he has done/said a few things which aren’t ideal at face value. I have no compelling reason to give him civilian credit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I wish I could provide a stronger read. I have considered declining to preserve myself given the damage it could do if Dwarf is a civilian. Someone with more time should make a juicy case and strengthen my confidence.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:30 pm I wish I could provide a stronger read. I have considered declining to preserve myself given the damage it could do if Dwarf is a civilian. Someone with more time should make a juicy case and strengthen my confidence.

sorry, I'll stop goofing. I feel like I'm distracting ya'll from posting like crazy. oh wait...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Earlier Jay was suspicious if Iron Dwarf.

He has spoken very little about him today.

Despite him being a way to save himself.

If Jimmy simply picked back up his Iron Dwarf suspicion from earlier, Iron Dwarf would likely get lynched. So civ, or scum, why hasn't he? Particularly given he says he probs won't be around much longer.

Jay hasn't made a point of saying he no longer scum reads Dwarf. Or that he indeed town reads him. He hasn't gone after anyone with much fervour.

What would Mafia Jay have done?
What would civilian Jay have done?

Jay says he is just playing like a normal person. Fine.

What would the average mafia aligned player do when a player he built an early case on is his wagon opponent?

What would the average civilian?

My view. The average civilian votes Iron Dwarf without hesitation the moment it starts to look dire. He tunnels and pushes that suspicion hard. That fire does not go out. In the name of self preservation!!!

The average Mafia player ponders. He gesticulates. His teammates build that wagon to a crescendo FOR him He tries to actually not be responsible for that counterwagon. He votes on it only if he must. He is cautious of where his vote sits. Unlike his civ counterpart who throws votes around with reckless abandon.

What is Jay doing? Does civ Jay throw his votes around? Is he doing that here?

Of course this is my opinion and you might disagree. But it is a thought worth having. Ask yourself wwyd?

Of course. He is just suffering from burn out so we should just give him a pass right?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That is enough from me on the subject of Jay.
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1337 »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:30 pm I wish I could provide a stronger read. I have considered declining to preserve myself given the damage it could do if Dwarf is a civilian. Someone with more time should make a juicy case and strengthen my confidence.

sorry, I'll stop goofing. I feel like I'm distracting ya'll from posting like crazy. oh wait...
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

What is the tally? When does the day end? I don’t wanna lynch Jay.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

Does it end when that poll does? Damn that’s soon.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

It would be best if someone broke the tie to make put one of them (let's say I_D cuz I'd rather lynch him) ahead by one vote. Then I can put my vote on Jay and it'll take effect if Jay is mafia, otherwise I_D will die.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

gwilikers6 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:02 pm It would be best if someone broke the tie to make put one of them (let's say I_D cuz I'd rather lynch him) ahead by one vote. Then I can put my vote on Jay and it'll take effect if Jay is mafia, otherwise I_D will die.
I'd love to do that but I know you peeps are going to change your votes 20 times in the last 5 minutes of the day. So it's lottery.

But yeah, if you can, stay around, and try to make it a tie.

As for the tally, it locks in 3 hours and 41 minutes.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Does your ability still work if it's a 3-way tie?

Return to “Previous Jobs”