Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 3

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:51 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:10 pm I don't disagree that comparisons can be drawn to LoRab in this game and Fiddler, but I would hesitate to pounce on them. There has been next to no consensus in this thread and very little in the way of strong reads from anyone. LoRab probably stands out as being the most off the radar, though, and that worries me some. She's provided reasons for this which make her absence understandable, but do not tell me anything about her alignment.

In a sort of answer to your question, Scotty, I have no reason to town read LoRab. I'd consider voting for her today. I'm not eager to settle on her for being the easiest target.
There are no easy targets because we’ve learned nothing from our side aside from ninja having a mason and my old insanifying role.

If we ever want to lynch someone we will need more votes than the other tribe, which means more consensus. I’d still treat this as a D1. I hate D1s but someone should go, cause someone be killing and I’m pissed
LoRab is the easy target. She's the player who's been in the background without contributing a whole lot and with no outlandish behavior. That's an easy target regardless of how much "information" we have to go off of.

Why is it so important to you that this tribe is responsible for the lynch?
I hate to continue answering with another question but...why isn’t it important? Obviously someone is killing so it’s not like we’re all goats here
We can exchange answers of why or why not. I asked you why it's important first.

So far we've had two nightkills and both victims were members of this tribe. There's a few possibilities here: maybe the mafia member performing the kill needs to target a player in their own tribe. This would mean the designated killer(s) on Nights 1 & 2 is here with us. This could be one person or multiple people. If there is an individual role as the designated killer, that person is here. If it is required that the mafia team rotate killers and that they must target their own tribe, then at least two baddies are here.

If the mafia team can target anybody with their nightkill regardless of tribal affiliation, then they could be picking on us as a red herring. Perhaps the other tribe is stacked with baddies, and they're focusing on us for WIFOM. Or our tribe is stacked. Or...

In terms of lynch viability, we have not been successful at producing any strong reads thus far. It seems the other tribe is doing a better job at bringing up concensus. If they're stacked with baddies, that's bad for us. If we're stacked with baddies, it's better that they lynch. If we're even, I don't hate deferring to the other tribe if we have another limp day.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What do we all think of INH? He was given a pass yesterday because he was cursed, but now he's uncursed, and we can assume the player responsible for cursing him was not scum.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:10 pm I don't disagree that comparisons can be drawn to LoRab in this game and Fiddler, but I would hesitate to pounce on them. There has been next to no consensus in this thread and very little in the way of strong reads from anyone. LoRab probably stands out as being the most off the radar, though, and that worries me some. She's provided reasons for this which make her absence understandable, but do not tell me anything about her alignment.

In a sort of answer to your question, Scotty, I have no reason to town read LoRab. I'd consider voting for her today. I'm not eager to settle on her for being the easiest target.
There are no easy targets because we’ve learned nothing from our side aside from ninja having a mason and my old insanifying role.

If we ever want to lynch someone we will need more votes than the other tribe, which means more consensus. I’d still treat this as a D1. I hate D1s but someone should go, cause someone be killing and I’m pissed
LoRab is the easy target. She's the player who's been in the background without contributing a whole lot and with no outlandish behavior. That's an easy target regardless of how much "information" we have to go off of.

I hate to continue answering with another question but...why isn’t it important? Obviously someone is killing so it’s not like we’re all goats here
We can exchange answers of why or why not. I asked you why it's important first.

So far we've had two nightkills and both victims were members of this tribe. There's a few possibilities here: maybe the mafia member performing the kill needs to target a player in their own tribe. This would mean the designated killer(s) on Nights 1 & 2 is here with us. This could be one person or multiple people. If there is an individual role as the designated killer, that person is here. If it is required that the mafia team rotate killers and that they must target their own tribe, then at least two baddies are here.

If the mafia team can target anybody with their nightkill regardless of tribal affiliation, then they could be picking on us as a red herring. Perhaps the other tribe is stacked with baddies, and they're focusing on us for WIFOM. Or our tribe is stacked. Or...

In terms of lynch viability, we have not been successful at producing any strong reads thus far. It seems the other tribe is doing a better job at bringing up concensus. If they're stacked with baddies, that's bad for us. If we're stacked with baddies, it's better that they lynch. If we're even, I don't hate deferring to the other tribe if we have another limp day.
I don’t understand the yellow line. Are you talking about it being harder to lynch because there would be more baddies, or am I missing something?

I think it’s important because I just got NK’d- ‘I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it any more.’
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 pm What do we all think of INH? He was given a pass yesterday because he was cursed, but now he's uncursed, and we can assume the player responsible for cursing him was not scum.
Yeah I think looking his way may not be a bad idea. I will admit I might be tunneling on LoRab a bit. It’s what I do. Choo choo.

On one hand, INH went above and beyond making the best of his insanity but that definitely could have been a guise. I would definitely like to hear more from him.

I mean shit, id love to hear from everyone. You ever feel like you’re in an echo chamber, Sloonei.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

I don't actually know what to think of any of you at this point, so I'm doing some ISOs in alphabetical order. Starting with Boomslang:
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:55 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 pm Checking in. Visiting with Blooper's parents, so will give this the attention it deserves tomorrow.
What sort of attention does a game of this magnitude with themes and roles and intricacies from the entire year leading up to this point deserve?
The sort of attention that begins with a read of the thread and a consideration of the mechanics. That leads me to like INH and dislike Sloonei right off the bat: INH is willing to entertain that we should reconsider Day 1 play because of the haiku, while Sloonei just wants to charge ahead with business as usual.
I don't understand why Day 1 Sloonei wanting to treat this game like "business as usual" should be conceived of as a bad look. At the time, I felt this post had the potential of being a disingenuous charge against me. But it's early Day 1 (no one ever talked about the fact that we skipped over Day 0) and a disingenuous push is not necessarily a bad thing.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:49 am I don't care about who we may or may not be able to lynch. Today should be pursued just the same as any other Day 1. This is not something I will worry about today.
I also find Sloonei's attitude toward the button rather cavalier. If the button behaves the same way as in the original game and redistributes all roles, I would think the towniest approach would be to press it immediately, rather than at some random time later in the game. That way we remove the possibility of role shuffling early; if roles shuffle after we do a bunch of reading work, then all that progress gets cast aside.
This was the other part of what I perceived to be a potential false effort from Boomslang. But I can see how a player could interpret my stance on the button the way that Boomslang did here, so I am not as concerned. But I still note that the first two swings he took in the game were at me. He interpreted two of my posts in a negative light for reasons that I don't think hold much weight, but I have a slight bias when it comes to my little old self.
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm Plus I'm about 70% sure I submitted a haiku and it's very disappointing nobody followed up and answered when I asked if they did.
Ok, what's this "70% sure" crap? You either did or you didn't, and you should be able to check your PMs to verify either way. Also, I must not count as anybody, because I definitely responded in the affirmative about the haiku.
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:25 pm Running out of time. Sig hasn't changed his self-vote and hasn't explained that cryptic 70% comment. Although he hasn't shown up, Jack also isn't creating confusion in thread. So voting sig. [VOTE: Sig] aubergine

The "70%" blow-up is something that has earned Boomslang some scrutiny. It's certainly an odd thing to get stuck on, but Blooper has assured us this is in line with the Slang's character. It could still be an opportunistic latching-on to a false suspicion, but I am not terribly worried about this episode.
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 pm Um... I've been throwing up all day and thought the thing ended later.

I don't have time to read, please tell me the cases on sig and jack
Jack hasn't checked in at all. Sig cast a self-vote to tie out of "boredom," failed to provide actionable information about his haiku submission, and ignored my own claim of haiku submission. I don't like any of those things.
Here's a more detailed explanation of his Sig vote. There's room for some prodding here. Boomslang, could you explain why you saw these three points against sig all as negative in that moment?
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:37 pm
I am bothered by to think we fac you put INH pushing discussion of the haiku submission as pro civ. I see it as something that would not be in INH's favor. It looks more like looking civ by generating discussion without actually helping the civs at all. No mafia member is going to say, yeah I didn't send one in! Because why would they do that? It just seems like it would only result in muddying the waters, give the baddies something to hide behind.

The fact your see it so differently gives never pause. And in fact you want others to claim too. I dunno Boom. I think I'm putting my vote on you today.
Why does me wanting others to claim or deny haikus make me seem bad to you? Even if everyone claims to send one in, we'll produce a bunch of lie-checkable statements that someone could use to confirm suspicion of suspects come later in the game. I see nothing bad about wanting that information in the thread. Sure, it's not tremendously helpful if that's the only thing we talk about. But I think a discussion of this mechanic plays a welcome complement to other happenings.

In other news, Jack coming out swinging is a good look, although I don't get his statement about wanting to lynch himself if he was the button role (didn't play that game).

Also, bewbs.
I perked up a little at the out-of-left-field reference to a lie detector role. To my knowledge, there's been no public mention of a lie detector existing in this game, so it was jarring to see Boomslang allude to the possibility in this way. I don't necessarily interpret that negatively, but it is, at the very least, a somewhat convoluted justification for a particular focus of his. He could just be used to games featuring lie detectors (I don't know how common that role has been in Boomslang's mafia past, but I've only seen it a handful of times personally).
I like that he offered an immediate and unprompted read on Jack, although the little hangup about the button thing suggests some hesitation waffles.
Boomslang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm Ok, all caught up. I don't like Sig's explanation of the haiku confusion on a personal level, but I guess that's a playstyle disagreement. Not going to push it when we have juicy nightkill responses to make.

I wasn't involved in killing Blooper, but I strongly suspect that whoever did kill her is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created. I'm betting it's one of the older players who understands the couples meta. Coupled with sig's good point about a ballsy scum team being willing to NK their own for the wifom...

Marmot needs to show up and give us something to chew on. Wilgy has also been super blendy so far. About the only thing we've gotten from him is some gentle needling of Sloonei based on a point made by Scotty. And a cryptic comment about Kyle — why is he a "hero and patriot" for voting Blooper?

I also have an eyeball on Lorab right now. "Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone" at the end of Day 1 is so noncommittal, then she votes Sloonei for "peer pressure" and the active voices in the thread don't really get on her for that lack of reasoning. She then jumps in, first post of Day 2, to begin the WIFOM about me and the Blooper kill.
I appreciate that he dropped the sig haiku thing here. Slightly good look, with the reservation that a baddie Boomslang would have almost had to have dropped it for the optics.

I'm not uite sure what he is referring to when he says "whoever did the kill is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created." Every kill carries an element of wifom. That's kind of the nature of nightkills. I don't know why this nightkill has to be exceptionally wifomy, Blooper relationship and all.
The rest of this post is Boomslang observing and calling out the low posters. Easy post to make as a baddie. I'll see how these sentiments develop in his other posts.
Boomslang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:56 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:08 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:07 am A really ballsy/crazy scum team would. So like wilgy, mac, marmot, but i don't think a more traditional team would
If bloops was on my team, I would've opted to kill either myself or another teammate before her.
Can you give any reason for this, other than a flat denial of the possibility?
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 pm JoH is civilian. Tell me why I think this.
Because he's done some really good comparative analysis to suggest a w/w connection between Sig and Sloonei? Also, despite admitting that he can "tunnel good Sloonei" early in the game, he's choosing to take the risk and put opinions out there. I don't see him going this deep down the tunnel unless he really believes his case.
Here he is engaging with wilgy in what looks to be an effective manner. Townie point.
I also like the read he expresses on JoH here. Townie point.

After this there's some back and forth with Kyle, and a couple jabs at Blooper, plus a vote for her. My guess is Boomslang slept on the couch last night, so he must have had a good reason to cast that vote. I'd like to hear it.

I'd need to look more closely at Kyle's ISO post before I could comment on Boomslang's response to it.

I have a few concerns in here, but not as many as I was expecting tbh. I could see a baddie in these posts, but I also see what could be the first few steps of a confident townie establishing himself in the game. I'll Boomslang a slight town read for now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:43 pm

I don’t understand the yellow line. Are you talking about it being harder to lynch because there would be more baddies, or am I missing something?

I think it’s important because I just got NK’d- ‘I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it any more.’
Yeah I did not articulate that well at all. My thought process there was that, if we are stacked with baddies and can't reach a consensus then it's probable that our poll is being heavily manipulated by those baddies and steered toward civilian lynches. If the other tribe has a strong town base, they could work toward a scum lynch more successfully.
If we're stacked with baddies but the civilians in our tribe manage to ID each other, then we should hope to push our lynch across. The ultimate point of that post was that I haven't felt very inspired by any of the cases that we have generated in this thread yet, so I don't mind if the other tribe overrides our lynch, assuming they have stronger cases on their end.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:43 pm

Yeah I did not articulate that well at all. My thought process there was that, if we are stacked with baddies and can't reach a consensus then it's probable that our poll is being heavily manipulated by those baddies and steered toward civilian lynches. If the other tribe has a strong town base, they could work toward a scum lynch more successfully.
If we're stacked with baddies but the civilians in our tribe manage to ID each other, then we should hope to push our lynch across. The ultimate point of that post was that I haven't felt very inspired by any of the cases that we have generated in this thread yet, so I don't mind if the other tribe overrides our lynch, assuming they have stronger cases on their end.
Ok I get what you mean now, but I honestly feel like >that< is the easy route- and the crux of why we should try and get a lynch across here. Otherwise we ain’t doing shit on our part. There’s still bound to be enough civs on this side of the fence to reach some sort of consensus.

We don’t know when we’ll be merging. It could be a while. Could be tomorrow. I thought you were originally in the mindset D1 that we should be trying to solve the game? I don’t want to have to defer to the other tribe, man!

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy:
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:00 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 am though the two roles thing will probably extend things anyways so maybe that's realistic?
Another possibility that crossed my mind is that, as players die, they will either change trbes or be sent to the "main" game thread.

But this is why I askes about tribal mechanics in Survivor Mafia. I didn't play in the game and don't feel like looking it up, so I'm hoping someone who was there can explain it to me. Scotty was the game's host, I believe.
Why?

What a fun game we have going on. Sloonei, why exactly did you hop on INH at the start of this game?
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:00 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:00 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 am though the two roles thing will probably extend things anyways so maybe that's realistic?
Another possibility that crossed my mind is that, as players die, they will either change trbes or be sent to the "main" game thread.

But this is why I askes about tribal mechanics in Survivor Mafia. I didn't play in the game and don't feel like looking it up, so I'm hoping someone who was there can explain it to me. Scotty was the game's host, I believe.
Why?

What a fun game we have going on. Sloonei, why exactly did you hop on INH at the start of this game?
I don't understand what you're asking about in the first question.

I went after INH to start the game because he was here and he was somebody that would respond to me and who others could potentially talk about as well.
Sorry...

More so, what would have pondering the reult of death and tribal gameplay lead you to?

And that was your sole reasoning for INH?
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:38 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Just would like to point out that Sloon didn’t even mention INH as a suspect until I threw his name out as someone that looked blendy. Whether or not he actually agreed with lynch perception beforehand is WIFOM.
what does this mean to you?
Scotty's point is what actually caused my curiosity here.

Sloonei, I don't believe your reason for bringing up INH is legitimate. I feel like if it was, you would've mentioned Scotty's suspicion in your response to me.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:38 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Just would like to point out that Sloon didn’t even mention INH as a suspect until I threw his name out as someone that looked blendy. Whether or not he actually agreed with lynch perception beforehand is WIFOM.
what does this mean to you?
Scotty's point is what actually caused my curiosity here.

Sloonei, I don't believe your reason for bringing up INH is legitimate. I feel like if it was, you would've mentioned Scotty's suspicion in your response to me.
why? Scotty's mention of INH was not a factor at all in my discussion of INH. Our observations about INH were in stark contrast to each other. Scotty labeled him as "blendy" because he had not noticed any of the things INH had said. On the other hand, INH stood out to me because of a few specific posts he had made.
I asked Scotty for a read because he was here. At the same time, I wanted to talk about INH. we each only had about three players to choose from at the time, so it's really not surprising that we ended up on the same subject.
Regardless of contrasting views or not, you want me to believe that Scotty discussing INH only a few posts prior to your discussion on INH were unrelated?

It looked like an opportunistic offence against INH only following someones suspicion.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:32 pm I still would like to know why you (and wilgy) think it would be suspicious of me to follow your comments about INH with my own suspicion of him. Even if that was what I did, I would not view it as a good scum strategy, so I don't know why the angle should be pursued.
Like I said, it looked like an opportunistic push on someone. There was the starting of momentum towards INH and you were like "ok this is a thing now."

Even if you and Scotty had contrasting ideas, not mentioning that he had presence there already when I asked my question, feels off.
I was going to say a lot of wilgy's early focus was on me for what I feel is a very minor issue, but looking at his ISO, this isn't just an early focus of wilgy's. He has 13 total posts, and 5 of them are lumped together in that spoiler. It does not appear he has dropped this line of suspicion at all and as far as I can tell he's still carrying it with him.
At first glance, this reminds me of Mortal Kombat Wilgy who decided to scrutinize my every move that game, despite both of us being town. But in this game wilgy's suspicion of me has not been sprawling or exaggerated like it was in MK. He's picked one single point and stuck to it throughout our exchanges. I'm not sure I view it as favorably I did last time.

Now, for the rest of his on-topic posts...
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:15 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to break this tie under these circumstances. I really need to throw up more but I don't want to miss the vote

[VOTE: ninja] aubergine to maintain the tie
I've decided your a fucking hero and a partiot.
He likes Kyle for some reason. Hey wilgy, why do you like kyle? Has your opinion of him changed since this post?
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:08 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:07 am A really ballsy/crazy scum team would. So like wilgy, mac, marmot, but i don't think a more traditional team would
If bloops was on my team, I would've opted to kill either myself or another teammate before her.
I do not know what to do with this post. wilgy respects ninjablooper's scum game. noted. I don't suspect her, so this post doesn't tell me much about wilgy in this game. Even if i did suspect blooper, this is just a big glass of wifom.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 pm JoH is civilian. Tell me why I think this.
Did this thing, but didn't really follow up on it other than one brief response to Boomslang where he hints this read wasn't entirely well thought-out. So :shrug: Can you tell us now why you thought this, Doctor?
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:35 am I have dancing queen stuck in my head. Help.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

So uh, I guess I'd say I have slight reason to scum read wilgy but no firm reason to town read him. Slight scum read on the Doctor.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:06 am
Ok I get what you mean now, but I honestly feel like >that< is the easy route- and the crux of why we should try and get a lynch across here. Otherwise we ain’t doing shit on our part. There’s still bound to be enough civs on this side of the fence to reach some sort of consensus.

We don’t know when we’ll be merging. It could be a while. Could be tomorrow. I thought you were originally in the mindset D1 that we should be trying to solve the game? I don’t want to have to defer to the other tribe, man!
[/quote]

I'm definitely not trying to suggest we don't try to push our own lynch across. Just that I don't feel it's entirely necessary that we must be the tribe that performs the lynch. I don't know what those other guys are up to, but it's possible (given the state of our thread, I'd even say it's likely) that they've had more solid reads than us through the first two days. I'm comfortable deferring to them if that's the case, but that's not in any way a suggestion that we shouldn't try to suss each other out.

I've been assuming we'll merge on Day 6, but that's just a guess.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ebwop
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:21 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:06 am Ok I get what you mean now, but I honestly feel like >that< is the easy route- and the crux of why we should try and get a lynch across here. Otherwise we ain’t doing shit on our part. There’s still bound to be enough civs on this side of the fence to reach some sort of consensus.

I'm definitely not trying to suggest we don't try to push our own lynch across. Just that I don't feel it's entirely necessary that we must be the tribe that performs the lynch. I don't know what those other guys are up to, but it's possible (given the state of our thread, I'd even say it's likely) that they've had more solid reads than us through the first two days. I'm comfortable deferring to them if that's the case, but that's not in any way a suggestion that we shouldn't try to suss each other out.

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Another point I meant to make about wilgy: He's given me most of his focus and has firmly expressed his suspicion, but he's not yet placed a vote on me at any time that I know of. :chickendance:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:22 am ebwop
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:06 am Ok I get what you mean now, but I honestly feel like >that< is the easy route- and the crux of why we should try and get a lynch across here. Otherwise we ain’t doing shit on our part. There’s still bound to be enough civs on this side of the fence to reach some sort of consensus.

If by solid reads you mean lynching Quin D1 and doubling back and voting out the town doctor, then sure.

The problem here is that more than half of us are kinda...I dunno...wallflowering a bit. Or at least just not engaging. And I blame that mostly on the lack of lynching. Lynch votes give information even if we don’t know the alignment of the lynchee. Ya dig? At least more than 2 NKs do.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:33 am

If by solid reads you mean lynching Quin D1 and doubling back and voting out the town doctor, then sure.

The problem here is that more than half of us are kinda...I dunno...wallflowering a bit. Or at least just not engaging. And I blame that mostly on the lack of lynching. Lynch votes give information even if we don’t know the alignment of the lynchee. Ya dig? At least more than 2 NKs do.
I dig. I want us to dig deeper. That's why I'm working on these ISOs. I haven't had much of a chance to really engage with the thread beyond poking people in a couple days.

Do you have any thoughts on my reads of Boomslang and wilgy?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:26 am Another point I meant to make about wilgy: He's given me most of his focus and has firmly expressed his suspicion, but he's not yet placed a vote on me at any time that I know of. :chickendance:
Didn’t someone also say that one of wilgy’s metas when he’s bad is that he becomes less ‘silly’?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:33 am

I dig. I want us to dig deeper. That's why I'm working on these ISOs. I haven't had much of a chance to really engage with the thread beyond poking people in a couple days.

Do you have any thoughts on my reads of Boomslang and wilgy?
For whatever reason, I just keep putting this shield over my face with Boom. I don’t remember the last time he was bad for reference.

I’m starting to feel like LoRab and just don’t know. ISOs with this few amount of posts at Day 3 is slightly distressing, because there’s so little amount of data. That so many people fired on Boom’s 70% comment reads to me that either he’s totally mafia and people are catching him in the act or someone is trying to grasp at straws and frame him.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:26 am Another point I meant to make about wilgy: He's given me most of his focus and has firmly expressed his suspicion, but he's not yet placed a vote on me at any time that I know of. :chickendance:
Didn’t someone also say that one of wilgy’s metas when he’s bad is that he becomes less ‘silly’?
Something along those lines. I think it's fairly accurate to say that town wilgy plays very loosely and doesn't tend to care if he's perceived as being odd. In the couple of recent scum performances I've seen from him (Mountains, Vocaroo, Seinfeld) he played pretty reserved and straightforward. I'd say this game is more in line with the latter so far.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:43 am For whatever reason, I just keep putting this shield over my face with Boom. I don’t remember the last time he was bad for reference.

I’m starting to feel like LoRab and just don’t know. ISOs with this few amount of posts at Day 3 is slightly distressing, because there’s so little amount of data. That so many people fired on Boom’s 70% comment reads to me that either he’s totally mafia and people are catching him in the act or someone is trying to grasp at straws and frame him.
with a gun to my head, I'd say I'm more inclined to think the commotion around the "70%" thing was bolstered by opportunistic baddies. Do you remember who got behind it as a basis for suspicion? I do not. I'm tired from those two whole isos.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[aubergine]vote drwilgy[/aubergine]

No one ever even asked about my Kyle vote. :pout:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm Plus I'm about 70% sure I submitted a haiku and it's very disappointing nobody followed up and answered when I asked if they did.
Ok, what's this "70% sure" crap? You either did or you didn't, and you should be able to check your PMs to verify either way. Also, I must not count as anybody, because I definitely responded in the affirmative about the haiku.
do you suspect sig for the percentile thing? Is there a nefarious reason for using percentages instead of just checking his PMs or just lying about it?
Kyle's the only person I can find right now who explicitly picked up on the 70% thing. I feel like I remember there being more attention paid to this. Maybe it was just magnified because things have been quiet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

targeting Mycroft Holmes hell :[

my theophobist cellular telophone doesn't support enslavement cirrocumulus anxiousseat virago so hotbrained can only post Chaos Wizard my scaffolding laptop Soul Elemental unexcited halter Canucklehead antifebrile best
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:29 am targeting Mycroft Holmes hell :[

my theophobist cellular telophone doesn't support enslavement cirrocumulus anxiousseat virago so hotbrained can only post Chaos Wizard my scaffolding laptop Soul Elemental unexcited halter Canucklehead antifebrile best
well this certainly isn't going to help me get a better read of you today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i was like just going to ask kyle for a list of GTH reads. I don't think that would work now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:34 am i was like just going to ask kyle for a list of GTH reads. I don't think that would work now.
I can try. Uncertain Trigonometry Dusty Spoon to supertonic understood whilst scum Man-E-Faces repeating shit :noble:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:34 am i was like just going to ask kyle for a list of GTH reads. I don't think that would work now.
I can try. Uncertain Trigonometry Dusty Spoon to supertonic understood whilst scum Man-E-Faces repeating shit :noble:
:shrug2:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:50 am
:shrug2:
just give me a minute!

formatting
is blowhole
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think Kyle's trying to tell us he wants to be a dolphin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

this aint scaffolding King of Town rodeo, Shouter B)

boomslang target boomslang bad boomslang bad

DrWilgy good S~V~S good arr! good

insertnamehere Catherine Martell? inh good? ing good?

JackofHearts2005 suspicious hylotheism good jack good

Kylemii good Folding Raincoat good kyle good

LoRab bad? Emperor Dalek bad? lorab bad?

Marmot delusory? marmot bad? marmot bad?

Nijuukyugou White Rabbit Nijuukyugou Mafia Nijuukyugou good

Scotty good Acolyte of Death good scotty premonstration Diabolic Manipulator sig words rapparee bad

Sloonei good sloonei sugarplum sloonei good

Spacedaisy
good spadecaisy Moving PIctures spacesdaisy good
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] faldstool are your thoughts conceivable marmot?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 pm What do we all think of INH? He was given a pass yesterday because he was cursed, but now he's uncursed, and we can assume the player responsible for cursing him was not scum.
I want to hear more from him. He put a lot of effort into posting while cursed, mainly in an insanified song.
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:50 pm
Yeah I think looking his way may not be a bad idea. I will admit I might be tunneling on LoRab a bit. It’s what I do. Choo choo.

On one hand, INH went above and beyond making the best of his insanity but that definitely could have been a guise. I would definitely like to hear more from him.

I mean shit, id love to hear from everyone. You ever feel like you’re in an echo chamber, Sloonei.
Lol, Scotty said the same thing I did.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

just please be gentle :[

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:33 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:29 am targeting Mycroft Holmes hell :[

well this certainly isn't going to help me get a better read of you today.
Yeah..
:sigh:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:43 am For whatever reason, I just keep putting this shield over my face with Boom. I don’t remember the last time he was bad for reference.

with a gun to my head, I'd say I'm more inclined to think the commotion around the "70%" thing was bolstered by opportunistic baddies. Do you remember who got behind it as a basis for suspicion? I do not. I'm tired from those two whole isos.
I looked it up last night and it looks like Kyle was the first person to bring up Boom’s 70% frustration as wonky. I don’t know if anyone else jumped on that tho, I might have just been making up scenarios in my head for some reason

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Wilgy, I see your vote for LoRab. Care to elaborate? Or are you supposed to be silenced?

Also I just had a thought- what if we only share lynch results and not NKs? Aka the other tribe might also be down peeps too?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:18 pm Wilgy, I see your vote for LoRab. Care to elaborate? Or are you supposed to be silenced?

Also I just had a thought- what if we only share lynch results and not NKs? Aka the other tribe might also be down peeps too?
We'd have no way of knowing. I suspect there is only one nightkill, as that seems the most balanced setup. Giving the mafia team two kills while restricting the civilians to one lynch is a big advantage for them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:18 pm Wilgy, I see your vote for LoRab. Care to elaborate? Or are you supposed to be silenced?

We'd have no way of knowing. I suspect there is only one nightkill, as that seems the most balanced setup. Giving the mafia team two kills while restricting the civilians to one lynch is a big advantage for them.
Along the same lines of balance- if that’s true, what if it’s not just a predetermined NK- I mean, what if the NK goes to the tribe that doesn’t lynch? The other tribe’s mafia must be feeling pretty lonely twiddling their thumbs.
Assuming there are at least 1 mafia on each tribe..

THERES ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT FAM. WHOS WITH MEEEE

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

wanna vote for wilgy?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:00 pm wanna vote for wilgy?
Sure.

Unvote. Vote Wilgy aubergine

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Marmot[/mention] has not made a single post that I can't see coming from a mafia member. That's not a very good look. I also don't really know where he stands on anything. He just keeps self-voting and making small observations here and there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Y’all ever seen Harry Potter? Remember how there’s this resurrection stone in the lore of the 7th book that allows you to basically summon people from the dead to give you support and wisdom?

I wish I had that here to raise everyone from this dead thread and vote. Or at least participate.

“You’ll Always miss the shots you never take” -Severus “Wayne Gretzky” Snape

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:06 pm @Marmot has not made a single post that I can't see coming from a mafia member. That's not a very good look. I also don't really know where he stands on anything. He just keeps self-voting and making small observations here and there.
I mean, yeah. I could say the same thing about INH, LoRab, SpaceDaisy, Wilgy, and to a lesser extent Kyle.

Hey @Kylemii! Remember a few days ago when you were gung-ho about making ISOs for people in the immediate aftermath of your upchuck party? What happened to that?

I know you’re insanified for some reason :shifty: and we’ve at least got GTH of people, but I’d really like to know what your strongest pull is.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:06 pm @Marmot has not made a single post that I can't see coming from a mafia member. That's not a very good look. I also don't really know where he stands on anything. He just keeps self-voting and making small observations here and there.
Have you met me?

tries to motivate himself to play mafia, but this place smells like old shrimp

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:11 pm
I mean, yeah. I could say the same thing about INH, LoRab, SpaceDaisy, Wilgy, and to a lesser extent Kyle.

Hey @Kylemii! Remember a few days ago when you were gung-ho about making ISOs for people in the immediate aftermath of your upchuck party? What happened to that?

I know you’re insanified for some reason :shifty: and we’ve at least got GTH of people, but I’d really like to know what your strongest pull is.
Kyle's an odd case. He's had limitations in this game which are not his fault (first being real-life sick, now being in-game sick), but in the time that he has been here I've not seen anything that's overwhelmingly town from him. I wanted to spend a lot of today making him talk. But somebody interfered with that plan. :fist:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:14 pm
Have you met me?

what's your read on Sloonei? Try to look past his devilish charm and other-worldly good looks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei, do you like karaoke?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

(In an addendum to what I was saying earlier, Sloonei) I might be enveloped in getting a lynch in because of this sense of urgency. I’m like Mario without his mushroom and don’t feel inclined to waste away days.

It would also explain stagnation from everyone else. I get it. I do.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:17 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:14 pm
Have you met me?

what's your read on Sloonei? Try to look past his devilish charm and other-worldly good looks.
Independent who has to reach a certain post quota by Day 6.

Also, as we discussed before, paprika is important to keep around. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:18 pm (In an addendum to what I was saying earlier, Sloonei) I might be enveloped in getting a lynch in because of this sense of urgency. I’m like Mario without his mushroom and don’t feel inclined to waste away days.

What is your need for urgency?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:18 pm (In an addendum to what I was saying earlier, Sloonei) I might be enveloped in getting a lynch in because of this sense of urgency. I’m like Mario without his mushroom and don’t feel inclined to waste away days.

What is your need for urgency?
To catch some bad guys. And that blooper and I only have one life, whereas you lazies still have 2

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:11 pm

verjuice jhilmil wanted to hear from me then why did you do goodmannered? why did sensibleness Rox insertnamehern?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”