[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Re: [END] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Spacedaisy »

Also, I am working on the banners, should be done soon.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Spacedaisy wrote:Indi and Dex are the most awesome of awesome, so I recommend playing their game. Or playing Homestar. Or both! :)

personally, I've gone with both. I need a VERY large dose of silly and absurd in my life. :D Keeps me happy and in the right frame of mind. Too much srrsbns is badbnss in my world.....
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Dom wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Dom had excellent instincts, guesses, not sure. But once he mentioned dfaraday, snow, and bullz, we knew he had to go. Guess he had a block?
Thank you! I tried so hard to be a civvie... :p I'm a better baddie, I think....

I had some sort of prize, I can't remember. 2 plasmids or something idk.
hey Dom about your early suspicion of me. You know withy my comment about lynching Agleamingranks? I would have said the same thing if I had been civ or bad. It was stupid to post it though being bad.
My suspicion of you came from your reaction to my initial ping, but fair enough... ;)
Yeah. I didn't mean it to sound like I was wriggling out of what i said. I actually loved Aces post and heartily agreed with him aboutgleaming. I was genuinely surprised that you made no comment on his post too.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I think it was Devin's 4th game? He can speak to the accuracy of that statement. But yes, it's his first win.

Spacedaisy wrote:Indi and Dex are the most awesome of awesome, so I recommend playing their game. Or playing Homestar. Or both! :)
This entirely!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The banners are here!!!!! A huge thanks to Daisy!! :)

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

and I know I haven't said it yet, but congrats devin. You really did play a great game. The first win is always the sweetest... :)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

and the banners are awesome.

I am more than a bit jealous.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

There was one other thing I forgot to address earlier. Regarding the LMS roles, they were not at all a team. The only reason Nevinera was able to win with Daisy and Devin was because Devin had all the pictures, had never been doubted, AND he was the last man standing other than two other players who were completely not hostile by that point in the game. I actually mulled this over and naturally thought it made the most sense, but then thought of possibly making Nev kill them off before being able to win, but in the end went with my original interpretation. Nev was a one-man "team" at that specific instance if there ever was one.

I realized the wording was confusing a few days after Hedge asked me my question because last "Splicer" standing could have meant Nev could have been the only Splicer left and he could have won by surviving with other hostile players. That was NOT the case though, it was truly LMS -- to where every player individually had to be the LMS (with the exception of sharing that honor with the non-hostile Cohen). So I apologize for that since I hadn't considered substituting "Splicer" instead of player would cause that sort of confusion... but not being 100% clear with win conditions is something I'm not exactly too sorry for. :feb:

If, instead, Matahari and Nevinera had been standing, they would have had to kill each other off because they literally had to be the last player standing.

Likewise, if Flyin' High and Nevinera had been standing, Nev would have had to kill FH because she was Morally Ambiguous; even though she didn't have a kill and wasn't hostile in that way, she needed Nevinera dead to win at that point since he had gone rogue.

It was the very nature that Cohen had already won the game that led me to conclude that Nevinera at that point was really the last man standing since at that set of circumstances, Cohen's role was 100% independent. Not civilian or anything different. And that's where the distinction comes in.

It actually is kind of fascinating Nevinera walked away with the win considering his ballsy stunt with Hedge and THEN when Epig was recruited thereafter by Matahari. When that happened, I figured Nevinera would be going down soon, but Epig and Mata went before he did.

Well-played to everyone! I am definitely going to appreciate being back in only a players' seat after this game; I will need adequate time to attend to my busy schedule and to recharge before my next hosting venture, but I will certainly be very excited for the next go-round.

Also, any other questions, still let me know. I think I addressed everything. I also thought I could try and share my host spreadsheet if anyone actually wants to look at that thing, lol. If not, I won't bother, but if anyone is truly very curious, let me know and I can upload it.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

bea wrote:and I know I haven't said it yet, but congrats devin. You really did play a great game. The first win is always the sweetest... :)
Thank you very much! :) To you and to everyone else!
indiglo wrote:Wow, Devin, that was your first game? I would not have guessed.

I am still really confused, but I enjoyed my team. I had a blast with you guys, and it was so fun to watch the game after I died and see you doing well. (Even if I was a bit confused.)
As Alex and Daisy mentioned, it was not my first game (Alex is correct in saying it was my 4th). But, it was the first game I didn't die really early :D
And Indi, it was a blast having you on my team, as well! And I want you to know that it was your death that helped us win the game! Had Matahari not NKed you, she would have still had both of her protections at the time of her lynch. So thank you for being the sacrafice that lead to our victory! :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by indiglo »

Wow, but still 4 games? That's pretty amazing! You played great Devin.

I'm always happy to take one for the team. Even if my team goes on to win without me. Though I was a little bummed that it meant I probably wouldn't get to win with you. I'd still do it again in a heartbeat. :noble: (Sorry bea! :bea: It was purely strategic, NOT personal. And then Russti ends up dying right away... so you just never can have an iron clad plan in mafia I don't think.)
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Being on Indi's team is always a lot of fun. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:The banners are here!!!!! A huge thanks to Daisy!! :)

I'm jelly :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I just realized that this win will push Nev to the top of the rankings in the hall of fame! Man, we should've rethought winning with him... ;)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

indiglo wrote:Wow, but still 4 games? That's pretty amazing! You played great Devin.

I'm always happy to take one for the team. Even if my team goes on to win without me. Though I was a little bummed that it meant I probably wouldn't get to win with you. I'd still do it again in a heartbeat. :noble: (Sorry bea! :bea: It was purely strategic, NOT personal. And then Russti ends up dying right away... so you just never can have an iron clad plan in mafia I don't think.)
It totally stinks that you can't have a winner's banner, too! You should at least get an honorary Team Cohen banner :srsnod: MP, < This. Now.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Spacedaisy wrote:I just realized that this win will push Nev to the top of the rankings in the hall of fame! Man, we should've rethought winning with him... ;)
:huh: I didn't realize he had those other wins under his belt! Oh well! He helped us get the rest of the way there. It only made sense that he should win with us :noble:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Spacedaisy wrote:I just realized that this win will push Nev to the top of the rankings in the hall of fame! Man, we should've rethought winning with him... ;)
:huh: I didn't realize he had those other wins under his belt! Oh well! He helped us get the rest of the way there. It only made sense that he should win with us :noble:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The banners are here!!!!! A huge thanks to Daisy!! :)

I'm jelly :P
They are pretty sweet! :slick:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I won't be defeated by some dude named, Nev :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

indiglo wrote:Wow, but still 4 games? That's pretty amazing! You played great Devin.

Hahaha - I know. It's all good. :) My fighting back was purely stratigic and not personal either. :) You should have seen rusti in bts though. He played it so innocent. I'm all why is indi going so hard after me if she knows we're all working together? I really didn't understand the mechanic that I was going to loose rusti when ryan died till it actually happened.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, yes, Nevinera now has 4 wins, leading the pack! I didn't realize that either. Pretty outstanding considering how many games he's played. Truly well-deserved though. Should be interesting to see how the Hall of Fame continues to immortalize performances hereafter.

True that indi's death was really an incident that helped secure a Cohen victory, otherwise Mata might have had a pretty good chance at surviving that all-important lynch. I still can't believe that lynch came down to a coin flip and I think it was at that point that the game's outcome was pretty much decided.

It's funny how Ajira, Devin, and Mata all had protection (Ajira couldn't be lynched OR nightkilled for a while, and then Devin and Mata had the two two-protect roles), yet none of those really came into play. I thought for sure I'd see a "No one has been lynched" for one of them at some point, but it's interesting how it didn't work out like that. Even DH, who had the other side of Ajira's cannot be lynched or NKed, was never given significant enough attention to even come close to death by lynching.

Also, another thought -- out of any lone civvie/role in the game, I think Dom might have had the best instincts, as he had pegged down many members of the Guardians, but wasn't able to formulate a compelling enough argument for the thread to get any of them lynched (seems he didn't need to). It was interesting to see the interaction between Snowie and Dom; I thought something might come of that sooner or later, and THAT might have been the domino that led the Guardians to be hurt significantly. Especially earlier on when Dom was pointing out with confidence that Snowie was backpedaling (something he can do as either alignment though, I've seen), I thought maybe there would have been a Guardian lynch before Hedgeowl. I would never have expected it to happen the way it did instead.

That is admittedly one of the neatest things about hosting -- watching your game develop. You've set up everything in place, but then the players act out their part, and that's where things can become really interesting.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Thanks MP! :) As, you know, I was starting to get on track in finding Ryan when Night 7 happened. DH was my next guess. Being a civvie in this game was really challenging because We had so many enemies. My biggest regret was not pushing harder for a Snow Dog lynch and defending Be a 1.0 harder. I think that might have changed a lot of things.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:Thanks MP! :) As, you know, I was starting to get on track in finding Ryan when Night 7 happened. DH was my next guess. Being a civvie in this game was really challenging because We had so many enemies. My biggest regret was not pushing harder for a Snow Dog lynch and defending Be a 1.0 harder. I think that might have changed a lot of things.
I don't think you would have got me lynched from that early thing. It wasn't evidence of me being bad. Just irritated by gleam. As were others it seems.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

We actually expected a Bullz lynch anytime after the B for baddies Ace voters theory. We kept joking about what an unexpected result it would be when Bullz flipped Guardians and not Fontaine's teammate. Never happened I think partly because of the posting contest. The contest is interesting in hindsight. You had DH/Ryan, Mongoose/McClintock, Snow/Tenenbaum, as team leads posting plus Epi/Big daddy, and Bullz/ Little Sister and then non-participant Devin/Cohen cursing away at everything we all had to then read. It was a Guardian led contest, but got boring real fast in what to discuss, so they started making up theories on each other just to be able to keep posting things. There were others, but funny how the roles turned out.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:
Dom wrote:Thanks MP! :) As, you know, I was starting to get on track in finding Ryan when Night 7 happened. DH was my next guess. Being a civvie in this game was really challenging because We had so many enemies. My biggest regret was not pushing harder for a Snow Dog lynch and defending Be a 1.0 harder. I think that might have changed a lot of things.
I don't think you would have got me lynched from that early thing. It wasn't evidence of me being bad. Just irritated by gleam. As were others it seems.
I've gotten others lynched for less. i put you on the backburner after a bit... I should not have. ;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
I've gotten others lynched for less. i put you on the backburner after a bit... I should not have. ;)
Don't think it made much difference anyway. The only person I killed I voted to rez again. You had a long list of suspects. i did not stand out from the rest.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm just gonna excuse myself then.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hedgeowl wrote:We actually expected a Bullz lynch anytime after the B for baddies Ace voters theory. We kept joking about what an unexpected result it would be when Bullz flipped Guardians and not Fontaine's teammate. Never happened I think partly because of the posting contest. The contest is interesting in hindsight. You had DH/Ryan, Mongoose/McClintock, Snow/Tenenbaum, as team leads posting plus Epi/Big daddy, and Bullz/ Little Sister and then non-participant Devin/Cohen cursing away at everything we all had to then read. It was a Guardian led contest, but got boring real fast in what to discuss, so they started making up theories on each other just to be able to keep posting things. There were others, but funny how the roles turned out.
That's funny, I kind of forgot about the B for baddies theory. That has to be one of the wackiest mafia theories I've ever seen actually gain some decent discussion... I'm sure my posting contest didn't help that though. :p

It was interesting to see who signed up for the contest, for sure.

I was curious if I'd get to see McClintock get recruited, but Mongoose didn't find Atlas soon enough.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 138

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: That's funny, I kind of forgot about the B for baddies theory. That has to be one of the wackiest mafia theories I've ever seen actually gain some decent discussion...
You're welcome.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: That's funny, I kind of forgot about the B for baddies theory. That has to be one of the wackiest mafia theories I've ever seen actually gain some decent discussion...
You're welcome.
Logan, I hope you understand that I was not sorry at all for getting you lynched.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You're welcome.
Logan, I hope you understand that I was not sorry at all for getting you lynched.
And I was not sorry at all for getting lynched by you!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I think it's fair to say that I had a ton of fun in this game. :slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
You're welcome.
What's even funnier is how you remained in the top 5 posters even though you were lynched on Day 3. :haha:

At that rate, you would have probably made at least 500 posts in this game had you made it to endgame.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You're welcome.
What's even funnier is how you remained in the top 5 posters even though you were lynched on Day 3. :haha:

At that rate, you would have probably made at least 500 posts in this game had you made it to endgame.
What can I say, I like the game and I like to post and it often gets me lynched. :)

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:I'm just gonna excuse myself then.
The truth is we'll never know I guess. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I have to say it was a lot of fun tossing around that B for Baddies idea. I didn't think it would actually stick, but it is funny that Bullz and Bea 2.0 ended up being baddies :)

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I was under the impression the whole time that Nev and I had to kill everybody. We tried to take out spacedaisy at one point.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:I was under the impression the whole time that Nev and I had to kill everybody. We tried to take out spacedaisy at one point.
When was that? I had a target dummy at one point.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I was under the impression the whole time that Nev and I had to kill everybody. We tried to take out spacedaisy at one point.
When was that? I had a target dummy at one point.
It was just before I got lynched I think. Night 11?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You did; the only scenario in which you didn't was if Cohen had not been doubted and had taken all four pictures. Even then, you'd have had to make sure you, Nev, and Cohen/his dancers were the ONLY people remaining.

As to you and Nev trying to take out Spacedaisy, Epig, I looked back at my spreadsheet and the only things I see were that Nev used Enrage to redirect to Daisy on Night 10 and used Electro Bolt on her Night 15. Neither you nor Nev tried to actually kill her with your standard attack until Nev targeted her on Night 15.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
You did; the only scenario in which you didn't was if Cohen had not been doubted and had taken all four pictures. Even then, you'd have had to make sure you, Nev, and Cohen/his dancers were the ONLY people remaining.

As to you and Nev trying to take out Spacedaisy, Epig, I looked back at my spreadsheet and the only things I see were that Nev used Enrage to redirect to Daisy on Night 10 and used Electro Bolt on her Night 15. Neither you nor Nev tried to actually kill her with your standard attack until Nev targeted her on Night 15.
Yes, that sounds correct.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

MP, thanks for hosting such a terrific game! It was probably the game I've been most absorbed in so far. I was absolutely devastated to lose. It was really disappointing to survive so long on a hamstrung team with no plasmids, switch to a dominant team, and then die in such a short span. I really thought we would be invincible, too, especially with my alliance with Devin.

I can't believe there was no side effect to using plasmids! Everyone seemed so scared of you and of them that I just assumed all of your past games had side effects for using items and that they were right to be scared. What was that Dollar-Enemy Guide you posted about? I never heard about it.
Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:I'm sorry I stole Epi from you, Snow :-\
But when he forwarded the team switch to you guys accidentally, I can't believe you believed his line :-)
He must be a fast talker :-P
We truly dropped the ball there. I think we wanted to believe Epi was still with us more than anything. We never really dwelt on that mistake. We didn't realise it was a mistake. We were foolish and paid a huge price in the night of the long knives.
Wait, so you guys got a PM from Epi saying he wasn't on your team anymore, and then still believed he was on your team and didn't say anything to me???? I'm totally flabbergasted! How long before I showed up did this happen? And how did you not decide to kill him? Or Nev for that matter?

Bea, as I said I felt absolutely terrible about getting you killed. I was actually really mad that MP subbed you in 1 day before I was going to switch; I'd have had no problem killing an absent Ajira but hated doing that to you. You were kind of killed by game theory. I just didn't even consider the possibility that you wouldn't try to kill me, because I thought you'd still be playing to win since your power was so good, instead of helping people who kept you alive. In hindsight, if I could do it again I'd have asked you to work with us somehow and tried to keep you alive, but we had such a short time with BTSC and by that point I was pretty much already focused on how to help my new team.

I couldn't have totally saved you, though. By the time you subbed in I had already agreed with Dev and his dancers to vote off Ajira, and I had no way of contacting them to change plans because our BTSC was over. So you were guaranteed 3+ votes by the time you had even joined the game.

On the other hand, maybe it was best I got you killed off, seeing this quote. :feb:
bea wrote: Even as my baddie 2.0 self, I really did want one of ryan's LMS people to win. I mean - if my new team was going to dump me pretty much as soon as they found me - going out - I was going to help the team I spent the most time with.
I thought this quote was funny.
Nevinera wrote: At that point, knowing who the baddies all were (including Devin and Daisy) did me very little good directly, so I started trying to turn information into authority - next time I try to do that I'll be more circumspect and less info-dump-ey of course. Anyway, it apparently worked sufficiently well to keep me off the lynch docket through the end of the game.
Congrats on your win, Nev. You played a hell of a game. I was a little mad to see you won because you killed all of us off, but you deserved it.
Devin the Omniscient wrote::yay: I can't believe my last guess worked!! You disciples were elusive bastards! :p

Great game everyone!!! I thoroughly enjoyed playing Sander Cohen!!! I was extremely excited to hear that the randomiser gave me that character because I share MPs love for his insane personality. I also had a ton of fun using my Sander Cohen persona to speak to Jack (Russtifinko) in Fort Frolic (Thanks for playing along Russti!).

I really must apologize to Hedgeowl, though. Had I caught your code to lynch NEv I probably would have done so. But it seems to have worked out better for me this way. I was not at all looking for you or Epi to be Guardians, especially after everyone I had thought to be Guardians and Jack died in that chaotic night. By the way INH that was me who incinerated you, so, sorry :p
Spacedaisy wrote:Also, sorry to the Guardians, we actually had every intention of lending you our voting support, but Rusti died so quickly, and the code was apparently too subtle since we missed it when a hedge used it until she made it super blatant and by then it was too late. I doubt you guys trusted us after that, but we were not double crossing you we were just clueless, lol.

Linki: Mata, you played that really well. I could not figure out why you were ot getting that I was saying you were able to win with us, lol. When you flipped everything clicked, I can't blame you for trying so hard to get Devin lynched. He still had two protects though, so even if he had won the lynch that day instead of you (which came down to a coin flip in fact), he would not have died. I was impressed when I saw who you were, that was an excellent play on your part.
Devin and Spacedaisy, I was really glad to see you both won too! You also played great games. My BTSC with you was by far the most fun I've had mafia-ing in my short career, Dev. Unfortunately I thought our code for listing my teammates would have been too clunky in practice. If we had guessed right on some of them I could have listed the others, but our guesses in BTSC were way off. I couldn't think of a way to name all 5 of my teammates in my first post after switching without making it super obivous. Especially since I hadn't mentioned some of them before and some were under almost no suspicion.

I was really disappointed the code for killing NEv failed. I was worried you wouldn't catch it, since I figured you were only looking at my posts for the code, but I was still hoping.

Thanks again for hosting, MP! It was an absolute blast. I was psyched to see I had gotten Jack, and it turned out to be even more awesome than I originally imagined.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I am glad you enjoyed it! I knew you were really getting into the game, and I knew the Guardians had all been similar, so it was sort of devastating to see it all crumble like that, and I felt bad -- but at the same time it was really just sort of amazing, and cosmic, I suppose.

As to the Dollar Enemy guide, I didn't even get to see that in action! It's because you never killed anyone out of defense at night. Part of your role was that for every successful enemy you killed, you gained $$, and you could use that $$ to buy stuff at the Circus of Values vending machines.

Another dynamic in this game I never got to see actually play out was Dr. Suchong's plasmid researching and his pheromone. I was especially interested in the latter.

Oh, and I have to say, being a witness to your and Devin's BTSC was an absolute treat, to say the least.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Russti, Epi posted his new win conditions in BTSC. I gotta admit I didn't personally scrutinize them or realise the implications. Epic fail. Epi seemed so upset about this but he said the conditions only apply until Jack reaches a certain zone. Now we should have questioned that more but it seemed like WE had a double agent so I think we just went along with it. It was only before the night of the long knives if you remember that I started hypothesising about Epi betraying us.(Or was it just after, not sure now). Point is no one seemed to really belive it even then till Rob came back and admitted it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Russti, I definitely had a blast in our BTSC chat! You are right, though, it would have been too suspicious for you to just start listing 5 or so names. In that respect I was prepared to just vote for whomever you mentioned and/or voted for. Unfortunately, after you died in that insane blood-bath I had all but given up hope for the Guardian/Cohen alliance. I was looking for the code to show up, but in the wrong places (Dom's posts, and potentially Kate's). I had pegged Hedge early on as a MAC (epic misread) and was hoping she would flip as a disciple. Oh well. Dispite all of those misfortunes I still somehow ended up on top :)

And using my Cohen persona was definitely the most fun I have ever had when writing or mafiaing!!!
MP: Any chance you could post the Evening With Sander Cohen chatroom somewhere for those curious enough to read through it? I may have accidentally deleted it when clearing out my PMs :sigh:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Russti, I definitely had a blast in our BTSC chat! You are right, though, it would have been too suspicious for you to just start listing 5 or so names. In that respect I was prepared to just vote for whomever you mentioned and/or voted for. Unfortunately, after you died in that insane blood-bath I had all but given up hope for the Guardian/Cohen alliance. I was looking for the code to show up, but in the wrong places (Dom's posts, and potentially Kate's). I had pegged Hedge early on as a MAC (epic misread) and was hoping she would flip as a disciple. Oh well. Dispite all of those misfortunes I still somehow ended up on top :)

And using my Cohen persona was definitely the most fun I have ever had when writing or mafiaing!!!
MP: Any chance you could post the Evening With Sander Cohen chatroom somewhere for those curious enough to read through it? I may have accidentally deleted it when clearing out my PMs :sigh:
So I was being somewhat nostalgic and thinking about this game... and just now realized I never posted your Evening with Sander Cohen chatroom!! Sorry about that.

Here it is!!

This is still my favorite game I've ever hosted. What a blast this was.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I've started reading this and it's hilarious! Well done Devin and Russti. Much deserved win for Devin and I can see how Russti was just as bummed as us when our whole team was gutted from betrayel. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hedgeowl wrote:I've started reading this and it's hilarious! Well done Devin and Russti. Much deserved win for Devin and I can see how Russti was just as bummed as us when our whole team was gutted from betrayel. :noble:
I still feel bad about that to this day, but it wasn't my fault. :(

However, it was awesome how I took you all down after stupidly rating myself out. :feb:

This will go down as one of my most memorable games ever.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I've started reading this and it's hilarious! Well done Devin and Russti. Much deserved win for Devin and I can see how Russti was just as bummed as us when our whole team was gutted from betrayel. :noble:

However, it was awesome how I took you all down after stupidly rating myself out. :feb:

This will go down as one of my most memorable corrections ever. :noble:

Ratting - To betray one's associates by giving information: ratted on his best friend to the police

Rating - A quantity measured with respect to another measured quantity: a rate of speed of 60 miles an hour.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Ratting - To betray one's associates by giving information: ratted on his best friend to the police

Rating - A quantity measured with respect to another measured quantity: a rate of speed of 60 miles an hour.
:WTF:

:sigh:

I didn't go to work today, k? :martini:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

:WTF:

:sigh:

I didn't go to work today, k? :martini:
:hugs:

I couldn't resist. ;)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”