63%

Total votes: 16
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 517
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Kylemii »

Choutas wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:44 am Let's lynch Kylemii, Dunya and Sloonei.
explain the first two
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:10 pm
We have received word of a prophecy of the pythia from the Oracle at Delphi.

Choutas is clouding his eyes with a focus on principles only
Dougall looks great and he should be a beacon for rational thinkers
Listen to words from the gods who say Golden and Empee are townies
Speedchuck is trustworthy, Luna and Kyle we can safely rely on
Persians amongst us, but sloonei was lynched and we cheered to the heavens
Just a comment on this last line: Could the oracle be suggesting that Slooonei is 3p or (regarding the cheering) a Spartan who must be slain in order to help the Athenians win? Maybe I'm thinking too hard into this
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I want to chew on some Choutas with you all.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] it appears we have a supatown opening since we lost our boi mac. You up for it? :shifty:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Kicking off the birthday festivities with some Colin digging, because what better way to spend this day than alone and scrutinizing week-old posts on an internet forum?
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm Some thoughts:

Scotty's drunk posts make me read him as town, simply because I don't think a scum would try to play drunk. I'll stand corrected if anybody can counter.

Between Mac and Golden, I'm more impressed by Mac. He's my strongest town read right now, I think he's digging pretty deep into posts and asking good questions. On the other side, I don't know how Golden plays but but I think the defense of "this is my meta, you should believe me" is pretty weak.

I always have a really hard time getting a read on dunya. Same for MP in this game — I think he legitimately believes Golden is town, but that's all I can really feel from his posts.

I don't really get why Sloonei voted for me in particular, and I also think it's weird that he said the same thing I did in the post in question. :stare:

Choutas feels town to me, really clear-cut contributions that I agree with but I haven't played with him in so long that I can't remember what he plays like.

I have no idea what Epi is doing.
Colin's first game-relevant post is a series of quick Day 1 reads of players. He offers a favorable read of Scotty but then holds the door open and invites people to counter that read, good look for Scotty. Also offers a strong read of Mac and decides to juxtapose him with Golden, whose behavior he labels "weak". Could be an awkward bus job, but given the way this read is framed I'd say it looks like a genuine attempt to smear Golden. I think others had already offered the same criticism of him prior to Colin making this post.
He shrugs at Dunya, MP, and Epi, gives me a dirty look, and calls Choutas town with a bit of a shrug at the end. The rule of thumb in salad posts like this is to assume that baddies like to include at least one teammate. I feel like Colin's teammate(s) would be in the latter portion of this post.

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 pm People who have played a lot with Golden, who haven't weighed in: what say you?
Open-ended question about Golden. Okay.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:29 pm lapluie has made one post and it's not substantive. Busy, or lurking?

Question for the thread: do you think that posting activity is often alignment indicative, and if so, in what circumstances? We had a bit of debate over this in FE but I'd like to hear more about it now considering we have a lot of high-level posters butting heads.
Soft shade being thrown at lapluie (now colonialbob), with a question about mafia philosophy. I hesitate to call this a necessarily good look for lapluie/cbob because an inactive partner is the type that scum players are most likely to bus or distance from. But this seems to be an unprompted Day 1 read, so with a gun to my head I'll give colonialpluie a townie point.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:40 pm Other ISOs at random:

Marmot has pretty much just posted jokes, including a silly tentative vote on Sloonei. Is that normal?

JOH is someone I haven't played with before but his ISO is similar to Marmot's.
These are not reads. These are just blank statements about two players. Why didn't I call this out earlier? Keeping an eye on how Colin treats Jack and Marmot moving forward.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 pm I don't like the case for nova right now; reading the thread, it looks like it's based on the whole sig thing, but then why wouldn't people just vote sig? Feels weird to me, but sig doesn't seem like scum either. I don't think using hedge words is necessarily a scum tell, I think some people just talk like that (you might notice I say the word "just" about a thousand times a post, for example.) Nothing after that changed my view of him.

I don't think Epignosis is scum right now. I think he doesn't give a shit, but there's a big difference there. I can't support lynching him.

So as far as people who did ping me ... The case against lunalee was interesting. I really don't like the scenario she outlines where Persians conspire on day 1 to lynch dunya, I don't think it's likely and it seems like big buddying. She kind of reminds me of my scum play in FWWM, possibly acting overly friendly as obfuscation. GTH, scum read right now, and that's the best I can go for.

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
This is the most that is probably most responsible for Colin's lynch. We know now that at least 2 of the 4 players mentioned here (sig & Epi) were town. He defends nova and casts a meaningless vote for luna. I could see either of those as teammate interactions on opposite ends of the spectrum: nova was in danger of being lynched, and colin bluntly sought to move pressure away from him. Lunalee was in no danger whatsoever, and Colin placed a meaningless vote on her in what could easily be a misguided attempt at early distancing.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:54 pm These wagons suck. At best, I help contribute to a tie-breaker where I think it's probably a civ. Would that be much better?
Much better. If the poll only included those three people, which would you vote for?
I dunno. Pick a number out of a hat. The cases for them are uninspiring at best. At least with lunalee I heard myself getting suspicious alongside someone else.
Golden is on his ass right away. Good look for Golden.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:26 pm Read Golden's case against me on the last page, and his posts that followed the lynch, and ask yourself, "Does this [the case against Colin] make any sense?"

I'm interested in hearing your answers.
Yeah if these two are partners then their plan was to do a very intricate dance around each other. I don't see it.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:07 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:26 pm Read Golden's case against me on the last page, and his posts that followed the lynch, and ask yourself, "Does this [the case against Colin] make any sense?"

I'm interested in hearing your answers.
It does make some sense. You voting off-wagon while 3 people are almost tied for the lynch and 1 vote can change everything is suspicious to say the least. It's the bad kind of suspicious.

It doesn't matter how weak the cases against Sig, Epi and me are, I don't believe that after all that happened today you didn't have any read on us three. In the case, you read both 3 of us as Town, you could have voted for your weakest Town read to try to save the two others that you read strongly as Town. You didn't even attempt that and just took the easy way out.

So yeah, you voting off wagon in such a crucial time is bad and Golden's case has merits. This is something a player with inside information (scum) would do since they would know who would flip Town and thus not participate so late in a mislynch to avoid scrutinization.
So I avoided scrutinization by doing something that is more likely to get scrutinized? Not following here. Isn't it scummier to just jump on an easy wagon and parrot some BS reason that somebody else said than to actually try and hold someone different up to a light?
nova's getting in on the action here and Colin responds with some rhetorical questions. Not necessarily a bad look, but I'm less inspired than I am by Golden's attack on Colin.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:42 pm Colin what do you think of Sloonei?
I didn't like his post calling me out at all. It felt superficial, not to mention it didn't hold up as pointed out previously. I have to say I have forgotten how Sloonei plays so I need to reread the substance of your argument again (as well as his responses) but I didn't see anything in it that sounded outright wrong. Lean scum.
Someone who's not me should analyze how Colin treated me.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 pm Not gonna repeat myself. Busy, sorry. Check ISO.

Nova, townish. Epi, sig, town. Those were my reads. Again, check ISO.
nova is townish, not a full-fledged town read. :ponder:
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:03 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:42 pm I see you Colin.
Hi.

I believe you believe my guilt, but I think others are taking advantage. Sloonei, Dom, potentially wolbre. At least.
Dom, myself, and "potentially wolbre" are taking advantage of the suspicion against him. This is his first mention of Dom and wolbre so I'll be interested to see exactly how those two responded to the Colin suspicion and why he singled them out from the pack, along with me but I'm not gonna analyze myself.

And that's it. He placed a vote on me and never returned.

nova and luna are some interesting names to come out of here, but there's not enough in these posts to get a definitive read on anyone as a potential partner. Golden looks the best of anyone, and I also like the one mention Colin made of Scotty. There's a lot of vague shade and shrugging town reads here and I suspect there will be more value once we have a second Persian and can see how Colin treated them.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:44 am I want to chew on some Choutas with you all.
Colin mentioned him exactly once, in a Day 1 player salad post:
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm Choutas feels town to me, really clear-cut contributions that I agree with but I haven't played with him in so long that I can't remember what he plays like.
He gives him a non-descript town read but then admits he doesn't actually remember how he plays. I could see that as a baddie trying awkwardly to paint his teammate in a favorable light.

Colin and choutas both come from RYM and played together in history that is about as ancient as this game's flavor, but they have no recent history together.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Choutas wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:42 pm Colin what do you think of Sloonei?
Sloonei has a cryptic style. He plays the same whichever the faction he's in. He was always one of the hardest players to read on rym.
By the little I've read him post he's same guy. A diplomat.
Choutas mentions Colin exactly zero times, and the only result when I Ctrl+f "Colin" in his posts is this, where he answers a question about me intended for Colin with a big ole shrug in my direction. Choutas would then put his vote on me and leave it there. He is now imploring people to lynch me again today. I don't think he's said why.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

As I'm currently driving home I don't have time to type out a long response, but Happy Bday Sloon :)
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom & Colin:
A big long post that I'm not gonna quote. Dom calls out Colin for his shady Day 1 vote, but then also calls Golden out for calling Colin out first. It seems that he disapproved of Golden's vote for sig in response to Colin's vote, and a big long discussion immediately followed between the two. That is not the object of my analysis right now, so I won't comment too much, but the line of inquiry looks very genuine from Dom. He saw something from Golden that he didn't like and he picked the hell out of it. Good look.
Dom wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 am I am very bad at doing these and I am not a huge fan, but I am starting to like them, idk I'll try it.

Dom
MacDougall
M Plus 7
Scotty

Choutas
Epignosis
novaselinenever
Spacedaisy
speedchuck
Turnip Head
wolbre04

Golden
Jackofhearts2005
Kites
Long Con
lapluie

dunya
Kylemii
Lunalee
Marmot

ColinIsCool
Sloonei
Colin is second from the bottom on Dom's rainbow, only ahead of yours truly. Thanks Dom.

This post doesn't need to be long. Dom spends the rest of Day 2 holding Colin's feet to the fire. If this is a bus job, Dom was very aggressive about it. Given the climate in the thread at the time, it's not impossible, but I'm not going indulge in that much tinfoil on Day 3 when things seem to be going relatively well. Dom is a town read and was one of Colin's most vocal opponents.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

wolbre04 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:54 am As I'm currently driving home I don't have time to type out a long response, but Happy Bday Sloon :)
:yay:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Wolbre please do not mafia and drive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

dunya & colin
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
But no one asked about wolbre yet. :ponder:
what are you implying? why did you choose to call sig out on this but not Sloonei for his meta-comments on Choutas/Colin/Kites from RYM a post above yours?
An indirect mention of colin as part of a question for MP. Doesn't tell me much.

"No intel, need more data" on Colin. She suspects me based on my Day 1 vote for Colin, but has nothing to say about Mr. IsCool himself. [mention]dunya[/mention] I'd like to know if your opinion of me has changed in light of Colin's flip.
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 am I am semi caught up but stuck in meetings with managers all day. I have some thoughts I'll share before end of day I promise.

I have broken the Colin and Sloonei tie. I had day 1 concerns about Sloonei and his ColinIsCool vote. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was early distancing masked as a pressure vote on day 1 after everyone questioned him about it.

I have more thoughts about Sloonei I'll share before eod. But for now, I have a bigger scum read on sloonei than Colin.

I have some questions for some Colin votes I'll ask later too.
It seems she suspects me over Colin on Day 2. I still have not seen dunya comment on Colin directly.
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:17 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:15 pm also what was a game Colin played recently that i was in
Fire Emblem, he was mislynched, he was town.
Provides Colin's recent history. Still no comment on his play in this game.

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm Colin has three posts since Day 2 started and not 1very convincing. not 1 post addressing issues against him, not 1 post leading towards a better lynch. I remember town Colin in FE flipping shit when he was being wrongly accused. Not sure if I like this.
Alright here's something. Colin was well on his way to being lynched at this point, I think, or at least he and I were neck and neck.
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 pm @ColinIsCool - moving my vote to Colin. Sorry I couldn't have been here when the drama was happening, but I'm comfortable with Colin being lynched today.
Switches her vote to Colin shortly before the deadline. I was not here at the time so I don't know what exactly the poll looked like. And that's the end of it.

This was a surprisingly light load of content. It is perhaps understandable given that dunya has been traveling since the end of day 1 and colin was not a big topic of discussion at that point, but that does not necessarily make this a good look for dunya. There is nothing in here that makes a partnership impossible to imagine, but nothing to strongly indicate one either. I would like it if dunya could explain what her thoughts were on the Colin vs. Sloonei argument yesterday and why she initially voted for me and then changed it later on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Skipping Golden because fuck that noise.

Jackofhearts & Colin
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:24 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:29 pm lapluie has made one post and it's not substantive. Busy, or lurking?

Question for the thread: do you think that posting activity is often alignment indicative, and if so, in what circumstances? We had a bit of debate over this in FE but I'd like to hear more about it now considering we have a lot of high-level posters butting heads.
Sometimes.

Only after the game is a few phases in and depending on the player.

I think Lap not having posted much yet is NAI.
Jack responds to Colin's vagueshade at lapluie by saying her low participation was Not Alignment Indicative. Noted.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:40 pm Other ISOs at random:

Marmot has pretty much just posted jokes, including a silly tentative vote on Sloonei. Is that normal?

JOH is someone I haven't played with before but his ISO is similar to Marmot's.
You take that back!

Shit. Apparently, I’ve become Marmot.
Uh, noted.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:52 pm Ain't reading 30 pages. Who's bad?
The Colin and Sloonei cases are most convincing so far. ISO Mac for details.
Offers support of both the cases against myself and Colin. I haven't seen Jack comment directly on either of these things, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Not the greatest thing either, but a townie doesn't need to reiterate everything they agree with. I just like it if they do.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:43 pm @Sloonei

I look fabulous.
Who you gonna vote for today?
Idk. I’m slightly intoxicated. (Quick! Try to figure out if I’m bad!)

I still suspect you and Colin but nothing is set in stone.
I recommend not suspecting me. Tell me about Colin.
He abstained from the poll yesterday by voting someone with 1 or 0 votes (I forget) like 10 min before deadline as a pressure vote.

Sounds like nonsense to me. If you’re going to do that, at least take a stance against all current trades. Otherwise what’s the point?
See? I got him to do it here. Jack is one of the early bandwagon-riders on Colin and he was the one who pointed me in the direction of the case, at least. I wouldn't say that he's instrumental in this lynch, though. I have not seen anything alarming, but I wouldn't expect to in Jack's posts either. I'd say he looks fairly good so far.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:23 am
wolbre04 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 am
wolbre04 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:50 pm Don't bother with Sloonei for now, we have bigger fish to fry
Okay junior. Don't come in here and try to shit all over my work without explaining why all of a sudden you have such a great town read on him that you want to completely take him off the table. Explain why.
I never said he's town but I'm fairly certain he's not mafia. Refer to my post where I said I will address this later on. That doesn't mean we should ignore him, but I'm less worried about him for now. He ISNT off the table yet for me.

I'm much more sure of Colin being scum as I've mentioned him with more certainty than his buddies.
[VOTE: COLINISCOOL] aubergine
This post is yucky.

“Don’t bother with Sloonei. I didn’t say Sloonei is good. Sloonei is good. Plz Refer to previous post that doesn’t actually explain anything. I’m not saying to ignore Sloonei except that I did. Suddenly, Sloonei is back on the table for unstated reasons.”
Gets on wolbre's case for defending me over Colin. This post is much more directed at wolbre than either colin or myself, but it shows up when I search for Colin so I'm noting it here.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:09 am For the sake of truly letting this LC thing go until I return, the last thing I'll do (promise) is move vote to Jackofhearts2005. I feel like of every player in this game that hasn't been really quiet, he's the one I just cannot get any handle on whatsoever. What say you, Jack? Where's your head at? Show us that supatown Jack we all want to see.

But just know that I also still think LC is bad (even if I have my doubts) and I want to know what you all think. :feb:
Supatown Jack left his phone in his wife’s cupholder this morning and was going through unmonitored internet access withdrawals all day. Supatown Jack also got Skyrim, Halo 4, Final Fantasy 13 and Mass Effect 2 on Saturday and hasn’t gotten a chance to play them yet.

Lemme catch up. I’d just be saying I suspect Wolfe, Colin and Sloonei again.
wolbre is added to his shortlist of suspects, with colin and i sticking as the mainstays. Okay.

That's it before Colin's lynch. He offers some thoughts about potential Colin partners after the fact, which I like:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:12 am @Dom

Speedchuck, Wolbre, Sloonei.

Luna, I don’t know about. She’s new. What people suspect her for is one post from another player. Do I think that scared Colin distances from a teammate in this scenario? Probably. But I’ve also never played with Colin and only seen his town play in FE so that’s a fair amount to bet without good info. I think Colin avoiding the Sloonei and Sig wagons because Sloonei is a mate to be more convincing.

LC I’m pretty null on. I’m not even shook after I last mislynched him in...MK? I just am not paying much attention to him.

Wolbre especially looks bad if Sloonei is bad. He had the wafflyiest defense of Sloonei since Sloonei threw away his eggo shield.

Speed, I just just don’t buy his rainbow. There are three neutrals and a large town. Two players are messing around. So he thinks they’re both bad? No way, Jose. That rainbow list is made up.
Even though he implicates me.

Jack was around the Colin bandwagon all day and never flinched. I'd say that's a pretty good look, although I don't think it's impossible that Jack would confidently bus a teammate who was in hot water on Day 2. That said, his posts have been rounding into a more serious a familiar version of Jackofhearts as the game has gone on, and that makes me feel good about him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Kites never mentioned Colin.
Quin wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 pm I looked at both of Sloonei's votes (in ISO, mind so idk about timing) and have no idea what "out of context" means. Day 1, he puts down a pressure vote on Colin and moves it later. I wouldn't expect him to leave it. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Day 3 he voted Colin after a criticism of his vote. What am I missing?
Quin (holy shit it feels good to be able to actually type his name again, no more Kwin for me) doesn't suspect me for my Day 1 vote of Colin. Thank you quin.
Quin wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 am im voting colin because i still don't have an answer to as why sloonei's colin vote look bad (it doesn't)
He joins the Colin bandwagon, though it seems more in defense of me than out of suspicion against Colin. I appreciate that, and given that Quin is a newcomer with a blank slate I like this look. If he's bad there's enough ammunition for him to pin a vote on me, and Quin has a history of suspecting me hard in games so it wouldn't even be particularly alarming. Townie point for Quin, absolutely no favoritism due to him being my only supporter in the thread.
Quin wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:34 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am
Quin wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 am im voting colin because i still don't have an answer to as why sloonei's colin vote look bad (it doesn't)
Sorry I must have missed where that was questionable?
i wasn't around when it went down to have the same sense of whatevertermyouwouldusetodescribeaneventofsignificanceinthiscontext as everyone else. i'm calling things as i see them and i'm calling that sloonei's vote isn't suspicious and people acting like colin and sloonei are sure things is making me flip out.
Wrapped up in a larger point here is that Quin does not think Colin is a sure thing. But he voted for him on a day when there were really only 2 options. Still, I'm not actually seeing a stance on Colin from Quin. Somewhat understandable given his late arrival to this game, and I appreciate that Quin was not afraid to involve himself in the action right away. But his vote, again, was more of a defense of me than a suspicion of Colin. [mention]Quin[/mention] what were your thoughts on Colin as Day 2 unfolded?

Lean town on Quin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

I expected like ten pages to catchup. I had like 3. RIP Macdoug.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

*clicks the show results button*

Oh crap.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

sorry to see Mac go :( he's my fav to tag team with and we would have caused chaos after may 3rd

today is the only day I get to see my dad here, so I'm sorry, but I can't spend it mafia'ing.

see ya'll tomorrow.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

Happy birthday, Sloonei! I won't lynch you today cos it's your birthday <3
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle & Colin
Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:56 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 pm [VOTE: Sig] aubergine

[this part]If sig's bad, Colin is bad too.[/right here]
explanation?
Questions Golden for pointing out a possible sig/colin connection.
Kylemii wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 amLooking at the poll, I see that Kyle also voted for Luna, but I can't see what the order was. Was kyle's vote before or after this? If Kyle was already there then I don't quite object to the strategy as strongly as I otherwise would. A 2-person train is not nothing in this poll, even with <10 minutes to go. Regardless, I am not a big fan of this vote. @ColinIsCool if you were to have ranked the three main wagons (nova, sig, epi) in order of preference at the time of this vote, how would that list have looked?
my vote came later i think, i voted near the end of the phase
A detail which I had forgotten about but which may be of some importance. On Day 1, when Colin threw a meaningless vote on Lunalee, Kyle had also previously voted for Luna. They were the only two on her. If they're partners that's a bit of a bold and unnecessary play. But both of them are voting off-wagon for a player who might be considered an easy target given her status as a relatively new player (meaning absolutely no offense to you, luna). I'm not sure if two baddie partners would do something careless like this on Day 1, but I won't rule it out completely. I'd like to hear what others think of this detail, if anyone is even bothering to read all of this.
Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:11 pm please link me to the relevant items to understand the Colin thing, I loosely understand the rest
Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:44 pm i don't feel like reading rn

why should i vote for Sloonei over Colin or likewise why Colin over Sloonei?
Questions for the audience about Colin and Sloonei. Seems like a Kyle thing to do.
Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:39 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:36 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:34 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:30 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:15 pm also what was a game Colin played recently that i was in
do you think his fire emblem gameplay is more similar or dissimilar to his stuff here
dissimilar. He got pretty worked up when people were accusing him as a townie. There was even some moments of heated drama that ensued because passions were high between him and others. I feel like he's way more disconnected here.
my conclusion as well but for different reasons

was fire emblem Colin's only game on this website before this one?
I think he played Twin Peaks with you guys. I didn't play that one.
I didn't play TP to avoid spoilera
A lengthy exchange about Colin's recent history. I guess I also missed this exchange when I ISO'd dunya earlier. Oops. I like the back and forth at face value, it seems like two players working toward their own conclusions about a player who others have already decided on.

Kyle then puts a vote on Colin and that seems to be the end of it. There is not a ton here, but Kyle eventually took part in the lynch. albeit late in the day when I think votes had started to pile onto Colin. There's nothing overwhelming, but the best point in Colins favor is probably that he happened to be voting for lunalee on Day 1.

That's all I'll have time for now due to birthday festivities. The early results are that everyone was on Colin's case Day 2. Based on this I feel safe saying that at least one if not multiple of Colin's teammates were comfortable with bussing him yesterday. I was not around for much of the day, but I can't say that I remember there being any serious effort to save him at any point. That provides an added layer of difficulty to this exercise and we'll need to sort out whose suspicions look genuine whose do not.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:04 pm Happy birthday, Sloonei! I won't lynch you today cos it's your birthday <3
This means nothing, the poll ends tomorrow. :fist:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I like a nova, dunya, or Choutas vote based on these recaps. Lunalee also looked like she might be a teammate, but I also have a Civ role in mind for her.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom and Golden are my top town reads coming out of that exercise. Choutas is the only player I can definitively say I feel worse about after it. I'll put a vote on him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I will also vote for Choutas then. [VOTE: Choutas] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:08 pm I like a nova, dunya, or Choutas vote based on these recaps. Lunalee also looked like she might be a teammate, but I also have a Civ role in mind for her.
Tell me what you like about nova and dunya as suspects. please and thanks
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Long Con »

DUNYA

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:28 pm dunya & colin
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
But no one asked about wolbre yet. :ponder:
what are you implying? why did you choose to call sig out on this but not Sloonei for his meta-comments on Choutas/Colin/Kites from RYM a post above yours?
An indirect mention of colin as part of a question for MP. Doesn't tell me much.

"No intel, need more data" on Colin. She suspects me based on my Day 1 vote for Colin, but has nothing to say about Mr. IsCool himself. @dunya I'd like to know if your opinion of me has changed in light of Colin's flip.
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 am I am semi caught up but stuck in meetings with managers all day. I have some thoughts I'll share before end of day I promise.

I have broken the Colin and Sloonei tie. I had day 1 concerns about Sloonei and his ColinIsCool vote. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was early distancing masked as a pressure vote on day 1 after everyone questioned him about it.

I have more thoughts about Sloonei I'll share before eod. But for now, I have a bigger scum read on sloonei than Colin.

I have some questions for some Colin votes I'll ask later too.
It seems she suspects me over Colin on Day 2. I still have not seen dunya comment on Colin directly.
Provides Colin's recent history. Still no comment on his play in this game.

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm Colin has three posts since Day 2 started and not 1very convincing. not 1 post addressing issues against him, not 1 post leading towards a better lynch. I remember town Colin in FE flipping shit when he was being wrongly accused. Not sure if I like this.
Alright here's something. Colin was well on his way to being lynched at this point, I think, or at least he and I were neck and neck.

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 pm @ColinIsCool - moving my vote to Colin. Sorry I couldn't have been here when the drama was happening, but I'm comfortable with Colin being lynched today.
Switches her vote to Colin shortly before the deadline. I was not here at the time so I don't know what exactly the poll looked like. And that's the end of it.

This was a surprisingly light load of content. It is perhaps understandable given that dunya has been traveling since the end of day 1 and colin was not a big topic of discussion at that point, but that does not necessarily make this a good look for dunya. There is nothing in here that makes a partnership impossible to imagine, but nothing to strongly indicate one either. I would like it if dunya could explain what her thoughts were on the Colin vs. Sloonei argument yesterday and why she initially voted for me and then changed it later on.

1. Mention of Colin with no read at all, grouped with a bunch of others in the same category. A predictable place for a teammate to put a teammate... no early defense, which looks bad later, and no bussing because it's too early for that.

2. Day 2, Colin was well under fire, and dunya comes in with a Colin criticism that's very heavy with Sloonei implications. "I wouldn't be surprised if it was early distancing masked as a pressure vote" sounds just like the way a baddie might set up a way to capitalize on a teammate's crash and burn. After, she had a vote on Colin, and a ready-made push on Sloonei.

Also, in that same post, dunya says "I have some questions for some Colin votes I'll ask later too." If your recap isn't missing a pretty important post, then she never did that. That could indicate that these "questions" would have been all for show, and not really to do her own detective work on Colin.

3. Late day vote for Colin when he was already going down.

Also, I've suspected dunya for days. I'd love a dunya vote.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NOVA

Instead of quoting, the viewer can follow along by pressing Ctrl-F for "nova" and I'll reference by numerals.

The first 2 nova mentions are in the poll.

3: Colin pooh-poohs the nova vote, and justifies it by talking about sig for the rest of the post.

6: Actually nova's suspicion of Colin looks pretty good. Could be distancing, but on reread, it's pretty buslike if they're team,ates.

8: "Townish", noncommittal and :ponder: like you said.

Not as much here on nova as I thought. dunya is definitely a better choice, though I'm happy to stay on Choutas first.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:57 am i mean i guess i get where you're coming from, it could be a trick, i haven't read every role super close though maybe it's just something obvious.

it's like.... it's cool when milk gets delivered to your doorstep but it's much nicer when you know what kind of animal it came from
:clap: my man
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:07 pm Wolbre please do not mafia and drive.
nah just remember to put on your blinkers when you change lanes and when you forget to put a bracket on the end of your post [/OT

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ima be busy all day today so I’ll do more checking in tomorrow.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine aubergine

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:32 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:57 am i mean i guess i get where you're coming from, it could be a trick, i haven't read every role super close though maybe it's just something obvious.

it's like.... it's cool when milk gets delivered to your doorstep but it's much nicer when you know what kind of animal it came from
:clap: my man
i wanna be you when i grow up
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] are there things in the Oracle of Seasons message that you disagree with
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm not as sold on Golden's innocence as some. Otherwise I have not much beef with it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

thank you
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:44 pm Ima be busy all day today so I’ll do more checking in tomorrow.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine aubergine
:shrug2:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would like to see what [mention]dunya[/mention] has to say in response to Long Con’s case against her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 499

Post by Golden »

Dammit Sloonei your birthday festivities turned up just before LC and I was looking forward to your thoughts there.

Of everything you have said so far, Colin’s approach to nova stands out the most to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:40 pm Dammit Sloonei your birthday festivities turned up just before LC
I don't understand this
and I was looking forward to your thoughts there.

Of everything you have said so far, Colin’s approach to nova stands out the most to me.
It's funny, that's the impression I came away with, but when I went back to demonstrate why, I felt like it was a little lacking. Let's hear your thoughts.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think golden just means that he wanted to see what I had to say about you. I may have time for a few more ISOs tonight or tomorrow morning.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:45 pm I think golden just means that he wanted to see what I had to say about you. I may have time for a few more ISOs tonight or tomorrow morning.
I'm sure the LC-Colin ISO will be interesting. I remember I chose to defend him when a group was coming after him. I also questioned the Sloonei voters when Colin and you were the leading candidates, but I did also make a push for lynching you based on your hypothetical Indy choice to join the Persians. I'm hoping that part will end up looking good, and not damning. Also interested to see what Colin has said about me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:43 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:40 pm Dammit Sloonei your birthday festivities turned up just before LC
I don't understand this
and I was looking forward to your thoughts there.

It's funny, that's the impression I came away with, but when I went back to demonstrate why, I felt like it was a little lacking. Let's hear your thoughts.
The reason I voted sig in the first place was that it seemed to me like Colin had defined views on nova and epi and phoned it in on sig. A likely explanation for voting off wagon at the time seemed to me to be having a teammate in the mix. Sloonei uncovered that Colin's view on nova was far less defined than what it first appears. More hedgy. I'm by no means convinced by it but it puts a name back on my list I'd previously removed.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Choutas »

I'm the towniest townie in this city state I demand an issue of apology for those horrific votes.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't at this point see dunya as bad but I have previously noted she is also Lunalee compatible so if she is bad, at that point I'd feel very secure that Luna was between her and Colin's conduct.

A Luna vote is still very much on the cards for me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Choutas wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 pm I'm the towniest townie in this city state I demand an issue of apology for those horrific votes.
While I don't agree with the first bit I also find it very surprising to see you in the lead.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Choutas wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 pm I'm the towniest townie in this city state I demand an issue of apology for those horrific votes.
I'm sorry, Choutas.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Golden wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:59 pm
While I don't agree with the first bit I also find it very surprising to see you in the lead.
I bet my battle spear and shield that some of those votes are scum bandwagoning.
Sure I haven't really chimed in and it would suit me perfectly to get lynched and save myself from further lurking. Yet throwing votes at me like I'm prime suspect wow what the heck.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 pm I don't at this point see dunya as bad but I have previously noted she is also Lunalee compatible so if she is bad, at that point I'd feel very secure that Luna was between her and Colin's conduct.

When I realized that the Oracle was something written by a player, I thought Luna's comment after it might indicate that she is the Oracle role.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 670
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:46 am Jackofhearts2005 it appears we have a supatown opening since we lost our boi mac. You up for it? :shifty:
Let’s each take half.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Let's examine Mac's reads and combine it with our intuition to form a case against somebody.
Mac was town no scrap that Mac was city state as fuck.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Sloonei looks bad to me. How he jumped on the bandwagon because I voted for him the previous day.
I just don't like him at all.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:04 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 pm I don't at this point see dunya as bad but I have previously noted she is also Lunalee compatible so if she is bad, at that point I'd feel very secure that Luna was between her and Colin's conduct.

When I realized that the Oracle was something written by a player, I thought Luna's comment after it might indicate that she is the Oracle role.
The rules very expressly prohibit any kind of role-hinting so now that you point it out I think the opposite is true. Although you do make a reasonable point which is that (provided it's within the rules) the oracle is quite possibly amongst the town reads that they list. But mostly, I think the key point is that the oracle is a day delayed so who knows how reliable it is, it certainly isn't up with the play.

Return to “Previous Jobs”