Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

So I fell asleep pretty early last night and I have quite a bit to catch up on, it seems... and in 3 games! So, I will try to get to all 3 games at lunch, but we shall see. Then I have errands to run tonight and a concert (with Boomslang, BWT, and my brother). I should have some time after work where I can catch up again to vote before errands... or maybe after the concert.

Anyway, be back as soon as I can!
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:Mongoose: I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

Epi: Third, what does "spirals...our of control for days on end" mean?

Mongoose: I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!

++++

In other words, she talks about multiple games spiraling out of control after the lynch of a foe on Day 1, but her discussion on that point is limited to a single game.
Not to mention I don't think Homestar was ever really 'under control' in its early days. We were all over the place. Maybe she just picked a bad example here but Mongoose is looking increasingly less good to me. She almost seems averse to lynching a baddie by talking about how it has seemingly negative consequences (causing the game to spiral out of control). I don't think I've ever seen a civ not want to lynch baddies, no matter which day we're on.
Epignosis wrote:
Well, I was Big Daddy, so that one was awesome. :p
Yeah until you betrayed us all. Traitor.

:p
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Full readthrough and the most I have to go on is that I read "perseverating" as "perversateing". :huh:

Reading the full exchange with Mongoose RE: Llama vs. Epi does not do her any favors, that's for sure.

Mongoose, I have a question: Why do you feel Epi voted for you?

Also, this:
Matahari wrote:I have a question for the ksiters. We used to play the aggressive day 1&2 thing at Stv too, but we almost always wound up lynching civvies. Then, the people who led the lynches would get lynched the next day, and most always, they were civvies too. It was awfully predictable, and eventually, people started slowing down in their scum-hunting a bit. My question is how successful are you guys at getting scum lynched on day 1?
Matahari wrote:Thank you ksiters. I'm not super comfy with lead-footers on day 1, but having a no lynch option puts a much better perspective on it. I wish we had something like that.

Mongooses comment made me do a double take, because I think no matter who gets lynched, the mafia will find a way to manipulate it. I can't come up with any reason for wanting to avoid a baddie lynch. Then I reread her post, and I got the impression that she wasn't comparing a baddie vs. civvie lynch, but rather a baddie vs. no lynch. I guess that sounds better :shrug: but its still kinda odd.
Matahari's last two posts do not read right to me. Could be either a very rehearsed or subtly enticing/warming question & answer session.
Matahari has an unusual style, but a helpful one when she is a civ. At this point, this looks like SOP Mata, although I am sure that at some point i will become insanely paranoid of her, lol.

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Mongoose wrote:If we lynch any, I promise not to look them in the mouth!

And yes, I agree that a civ lynch has less impact on the game. The chances are SO high we will lynch a civ on Day 1 (I mean so, so high. 80%?) that I feel like a no-lynch is a nice respite. A chance to take a deep breath before being plunged in to icy cold water again for another day of The Tumble Cycle. (I wish I could narrate this for you).

We get one more day to get our bearings. Cause then if we do lynch a baddie on Day 2, we have enough info for the intel we gained from it to actually be meaningful and helpful.
Well, just for clarification, the odds of a civ lynch are (18/30)*100%, or 60%. If you include the independents, the chances go up to 70%, but as the role descriptions lead me to believe that at least two indies are last man standing roles, I don't think that's accurate. So it's not quite as hopeless!
Oooh, math'd! Thanks, that was cool, Boomslang. I'm visual, so it helped to see that.
Does anyone else think this sounded a little too....helpful?
Actually, I was just about to post a percentage post when he posted that, so I scrapped it. Although my point was a bit different~ yes it is only 60% (not 80% like Mongoose said) but that would only be the case if we all randomized with absolutely no discretionary info at all. And in a game with 2 bad teams, not one, they are as eager to catch each other as the civs are.

So no, I don't think it's too helpful; it is factual. But in Mafia even undisputable Math Facts can have a slant :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Draconus »

Turnip Head wrote:Devin has seen with his omnipotent mind that Mongoose gets lynched as a civvie for whatever reasons she's being suspected now, but Devin has no qualms with this potentially happening again. Devin only wants results. He doesn't seem to care what those results are. This seems to me an uneasy amount of curiosity.
Great opening monologue (I honestly am just skimming to see if my name comes up anywhere SUPER BUSY TODAY!!!!!)
You even nailed a baddie right off the bat! Better lynch me :mafia:

Now to look for the reason I am voting a certain someone today!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

S~V~S wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

And yes, I agree that a civ lynch has less impact on the game. The chances are SO high we will lynch a civ on Day 1 (I mean so, so high. 80%?) that I feel like a no-lynch is a nice respite. A chance to take a deep breath before being plunged in to icy cold water again for another day of The Tumble Cycle. (I wish I could narrate this for you).

We get one more day to get our bearings. Cause then if we do lynch a baddie on Day 2, we have enough info for the intel we gained from it to actually be meaningful and helpful.
Well, just for clarification, the odds of a civ lynch are (18/30)*100%, or 60%. If you include the independents, the chances go up to 70%, but as the role descriptions lead me to believe that at least two indies are last man standing roles, I don't think that's accurate. So it's not quite as hopeless!
Oooh, math'd! Thanks, that was cool, Boomslang. I'm visual, so it helped to see that.
Actually, I was just about to post a percentage post when he posted that, so I scrapped it. Although my point was a bit different~ yes it is only 60% (not 80% like Mongoose said) but that would only be the case if we all randomized with absolutely no discretionary info at all. And in a game with 2 bad teams, not one, they are as eager to catch each other as the civs are.

So no, I don't think it's too helpful; it is factual. But in Mafia even undisputable Math Facts can have a slant :D
I was referring just to Mongoose's comment there. Not Boomslang's original one.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Dom wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Now that I am caught up!!! I'm not sure about Mongoose. I feel like every time this happens with her we end up roasting a civ goose... But go ahead. I'd be interested in seeing the result :eye:
At first, I wasn't buying the Mongoose case...
But I don't like how she's been responding to Epig-- at all. I also think SVS brought an excellent point up about trying to deflect everything into the Off Topic. If I had to vote now, it'd be for Mongoose.
This is actually a very good point. But I saw something else from someone else that caught my attention more. BRB! :lorab:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I have seriously no idea. This is all greek to me!
So, apparently the towers is HQ, so I'm just going with that.
This!!

I've played with you before, CBK, and I'm sorry to bring attention to you for this IF it doesn't mean a thing.

But this single post stood out to me among all of the giberish that has spilled out into this thread. You know who resides in the WWE HQ? The McMahans! And the Rock according to Epig's video. Despite DF having said that noone had info on the Day 0 poll, this feels like something a McMahan would say. So unfortunately MP will not be getting my vote today.

*votes*

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

EBWOP: *McMahOn* :blush:

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Dom »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
This!!

I've played with you before, CBK, and I'm sorry to bring attention to you for this IF it doesn't mean a thing.

But this single post stood out to me among all of the giberish that has spilled out into this thread. You know who resides in the WWE HQ? The McMahans! And the Rock according to Epig's video. Despite DF having said that noone had info on the Day 0 poll, this feels like something a McMahan would say. So unfortunately MP will not be getting my vote today.

*votes*
So, the host lied to us?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Mongoose: I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

Epi: Third, what does "spirals...our of control for days on end" mean?

Mongoose: I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!

++++

In other words, she talks about multiple games spiraling out of control after the lynch of a foe on Day 1, but her discussion on that point is limited to a single game.
Not to mention I don't think Homestar was ever really 'under control' in its early days. We were all over the place. Maybe she just picked a bad example here but Mongoose is looking increasingly less good to me. She almost seems averse to lynching a baddie by talking about how it has seemingly negative consequences (causing the game to spiral out of control). I don't think I've ever seen a civ not want to lynch baddies, no matter which day we're on.
Epignosis wrote:
Well, I was Big Daddy, so that one was awesome. :p
Yeah until you betrayed us all. Traitor.

Okay, I feel like my words are being deliberately twisted now. I made one comment; I did not derail the thread. The harping on what I said has derailed the thread.

I'm replying to Bullzeye, but this isn't just addressed to him, so don't think I'm just singling him out.

Please quote where I said I did not want to lynch baddies. Please quote anywhere where I espoused anything but pointing out an upside for our Day 1 vote turnout. I've espoused this opinion in several games, so I find this harping quite opportunistic (and savvy civs will see this guise as what it is -- an opportunity to have you knock off a strong player ab initio.

Dev - what the heck man.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:
This!!

*votes*
So, the host lied to us?

I did not lie. Nobody had info.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:I know that feel
i know the feel of knowing feels
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Now that I am caught up!!! I'm not sure about Mongoose. I feel like every time this happens with her we end up roasting a civ goose... But go ahead. I'd be interested in seeing the result :eye:
At first, I wasn't buying the Mongoose case...
But I don't like how she's been responding to Epig-- at all. I also think SVS brought an excellent point up about trying to deflect everything into the Off Topic. If I had to vote now, it'd be for Mongoose.
This is actually a very good point. But I saw something else from someone else that caught my attention more. BRB! :lorab:
This post pings the hell out of me, as well as its follow up about CBK.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, phew! One game caught up, two more to go...

So I think at least one KSiter asked about lynches... regardless of the number of votes someone receives, it is incredibly typical that someone is always lynched (barring any sort of special role power interference).

And Turnip Head, they have to have a specific number of votes for someone to die over there, so it is possible for no one to die if the votes are spread out.

I do NOT like the way the thread is going, at all. I do not get the suspicions on Mongoose, to be frank. She seems to be suffering from "Elo" syndrome, where she says something that someone thinks is odd, then others chime in saying it's odd, and then here come the votes! I've seen this end way too many times badly and I just don't get the suspicion at all. It's total BS.

Does odd equal suspicious? Last I checked, not necessarily. Therefore...

Epignosis wrote:I'm sorry- your comment about finding a bad guy day one is just absurd. When you find a bad guy day 1, that is time for rejoicing. You get information AND you net a kill. That remark makes no sense to me.
This caught my eye. I think I'm more apt to believe we have a ballsy Epig like we had in Bioshock than a civvie-friendly Epig at this point. In my eyes, civvie-friendly Epig would never fall into the trap of "makes no sense = suspicious". Sure, he likes to catch players making contradictions, but just because he disagrees with Mongoose about a silly comment she made, this makes her bad?

Tell me, Epig, what sort of motivation would Mongoose have to make a comment about that if she were bad?

I'm not convinced.

Matahari wrote:Thank you ksiters. I'm not super comfy with lead-footers on day 1, but having a no lynch option puts a much better perspective on it. I wish we had something like that.

Mongooses comment made me do a double take, because I think no matter who gets lynched, the mafia will find a way to manipulate it. I can't come up with any reason for wanting to avoid a baddie lynch. Then I reread her post, and I got the impression that she wasn't comparing a baddie vs. civvie lynch, but rather a baddie vs. no lynch. I guess that sounds better :shrug: but its still kinda odd.
Kinda odd, yes. Makes no sense, yes.

With everyone chiming in now and saying they will be voting Mongoose, maybe it's just the paranoia, but alarm bells are going off in my head. I highly doubt I'll be voting for her unless someone can show to me how what she's saying makes her baddie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now, regarding Devin, his behavior has been ballsy, strange, and mostly illogical, yes -- but lest we forget, he always acts this way.

Honestly, I'm seeing more of the I just don't care if I win civvie-aligned Devin who is distracted by RL and is really enjoying playing but at the same time kind of wants out that we saw in Homestar. He is a trickster, so I still entertain a possibility where he could be baddie, BUT

Definitely not voting that way today either.

Right now I'm definitely eyeballing Epig... but there's definitely still time, and I want to see who bandwagons onto this suspicion, or if someone can present how it makes Mongoose BAD because I don't see it. I still really want to hear from some current no-shows... DP, WOG, Zany Dex, as well as those who still haven't voiced much on what's going on.

Mata, what are your current thoughts?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Same question to you, AP (and of course to anyone else), I want to hear specifically what you're thinking. Mongoose, yay or nay? If either way, why? And who else are you eyeballing, if anyone?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote:
This!!

*votes*
So, the host lied to us?

For the record I never said the host lied nor did I intend to imply as much. The implication kind of pissed me off just now, but tbh I'm already mad irl. sorry for bringing it into the game.

This is at Dom and not our wonderful host.

On the same note: Illogical, MP?? If you were the unknown Warrior, would you not want to vote for PARTS UNKNOWN!?!
Using that same line of thought (AS I FUCKING EXPLAINED IN THE POST ABOVE!) if you were a McMahon, would you not logically think that you would benefit from going to Titan Towers?? Even though the host didn't give you this information!?!

This isn't fucking rocket science people!!! I may still be wrong, but I found something that I thought I could go on. If this still isn't enough to satisfy all of you, then go right ahead and fucking kill me because it isn't worth my time and effort to go any further with this!!!

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote: Please quote where I said I did not want to lynch baddies. Please quote anywhere where I espoused anything but pointing out an upside for our Day 1 vote turnout. I've espoused this opinion in several games, so I find this harping quite opportunistic (and savvy civs will see this guise as what it is -- an opportunity to have you knock off a strong player ab initio.
You didn't say you didn't want to lynch baddies or I'd have quoted that and voted you on the spot. I also never claimed you did say exactly that. I'm saying things you have said make it sound as if you don't want to.
Mongoose wrote:I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.
I get that we nearly always lynch civs on day one and that's just the nature of the game but how is it always lose/lose? Even when civs are lynched you can usually find a baddie or two lurking in the people who pushed most strongly against that civ.
Mongoose wrote: 3. I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!
Maybe one of us is misremembering but I'm pretty sure 90% of the crazy in HSR was nothing to do with us lynching Elo. It was just a crazy game. The info discussions were a major thing early on and I'm pretty sure most of the baddies in that game were fairly quiet and didn't do much sowing at all. I suppose you could argue that the chaos allowed them to do that successfully.
Mongoose wrote:I never said it was bad, per se. Just that there is a big upside to not having a lynch at all. IT's not that I was saying there was a brightside to a civ lynch, but the upside. I think the information from a baddie lynch on day 1 can be somewhat dubious. It's really easy to lose focus.
This one felt like you could be trying to pre-emptively cast doubt on a possible baddie lynch. Info from any lynch can be 'somewhat dubious' as all we can ever do is theorise, we never really know much for certain until roles are revealed. I'm not saying I definitely want to vote for you anyway, just some of your posts haven't felt good to me and I sort of agree with Epi's points. There's another thing as well which my next point will shed some light on....
Devin the Omniscient wrote: On the same note: Illogical, MP?? If you were the unknown Warrior, would you not want to vote for PARTS UNKNOWN!?!
Using that same line of thought (AS I FUCKING EXPLAINED IN THE POST ABOVE!) if you were a McMahon, would you not logically think that you would benefit from going to Titan Towers?? Even though the host didn't give you this information!?!
I agree with this. Sure there was no info but if I were on the corporation team I'd vote and tell all my team to vote Titan Towers as it's probably our best option. If someone else who knows WWE is on that team I'm sure they'd have done the same.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Ugh.... Trying to catch up. I'm only on page 5 though. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Post by Mister Rearranger »

DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote:
This!!

*votes*
So, the host lied to us?

For the record I never said the host lied nor did I intend to imply as much. The implication kind of pissed me off just now, but tbh I'm already mad irl. sorry for bringing it into the game.

This is at Dom and not our wonderful host.

On the same note: Illogical, MP?? If you were the unknown Warrior, would you not want to vote for PARTS UNKNOWN!?!

This isn't fucking rocket science people!!! I may still be wrong, but I found something that I thought I could go on. If this still isn't enough to satisfy all of you, then go right ahead and fucking kill me because it isn't worth my time and effort to go any further with this!!!
So do you think I'm bad as well, since I voted the Towers?
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I would sincerely like to thank Bullz for his post. That's what I like to see, someone quoting another player (even if it's me) and analyzing/synthesizing/interpreting it. Instead of just going off memory.

I do feel this is a mountain made out of molehill. It's weird that I'm nervous about the lynch because you philosophically disagree with me on mafia theory. Do you know how nuts that seems to me from my standpoint?

I've said this same belief in other games and a few of you have latched onto it (for lack of nothing better? I dunno). It seems completely arbitrary and opportunistic. If I had said this in the past and then changed my tune in this game, that would be suspect and contradictory.

I implore you to vote elsewhere. I'm not going to explain a thousand times this way and that my feelings because we've already talked this death and you might vote me anyway. But you will not be happy come results time and will bemoaning your lack of being able to read me, but that won't do me any good cause I will be dead.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

Why do you feel Epi voted for you?
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

Sorry, I totally missed that.

I am not sure, but they are motivated reasons. He can read me pretty good as civ when hardly anyone else did (Exhibit A: The Island over on RM), so I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not bad.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 0

Post by Draconus »

Mister Rearranger wrote:EBWOP: Anyways, I'm thinking it's the latter of my 3 questions.
Just then, announcer Michael Cole walked up to the group. “Not this way!” screamed Cole. “I was sent by the GM to make sure all of you are investigating the case. He gave me a list of places you might want to check out first.”

The group looked at the list: Titan Towers, Death Valley, Dudleyville, and Parts Unknown.
I'm really amused that one of the places the GM wants us to investigate is his own headquarters. He's already at the darn place, can't he just tell us what's there in the first place? :p

But yeah, I want to investigate the Tower. If this is one of those "Everybody gets something for their choice" Day 0s, then I'd like to take a look in the place with the least amount of votes.

Additionally, I think a lot of you are using some fallible logic in thinking that Corporation = baddie, so TT must automatically = baddie reward

A: There's no "most civ" option when it comes to hometown wrestlers from the other 3 options, from what I've read thus far.

B: As I said before, the wording within the writeup and overall story here seems like we're investigating the (winning?) location for clues pertaining to the murder. The option that we, as players, know 1 group of baddies call home could wind up being more beneficial..

*votes Titan Towers*
Counter-logic as self-defense. Yes.

I'm stepping away now.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Lizzy »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

Hang on! Why are you not asking him why he voted for her? Since when do those who receive votes have to give an explanation for another player's vote for them? Wut

That being said...
Mongoose wrote:I would sincerely like to thank Bullz for his post. That's what I like to see, someone quoting another player (even if it's me) and analyzing/synthesizing/interpreting it. Instead of just going off memory.

I do feel this is a mountain made out of molehill. It's weird that I'm nervous about the lynch because you philosophically disagree with me on mafia theory. Do you know how nuts that seems to me from my standpoint?

I've said this same belief in other games and a few of you have latched onto it (for lack of nothing better? I dunno). It seems completely arbitrary and opportunistic. If I had said this in the past and then changed my tune in this game, that would be suspect and contradictory.
... this reeks of baddie
I implore you to vote elsewhere. I'm not going to explain a thousand times this way and that my feelings because we've already talked this death and you might vote me anyway. But you will not be happy come results time and will bemoaning your lack of being able to read me, but that won't do me any good cause I will be dead.
... this on the other hand sounds sincere. :ponder:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:

Hang on! Why are you not asking him why he voted for her? Since when do those who receive votes have to give an explanation for another player's vote for them? Wut
I did find that quite odd.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I voted Mongoose. Rest easy k4j.
Do you still find k4j suspicious?
Little bit, yeah.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Tell me, Epig, what sort of motivation would Mongoose have to make a comment about that if she were bad?
None whatsoever.
Mongoose wrote:

Sorry, I totally missed that.

I am not sure, but they are motivated reasons. He can read me pretty good as civ when hardly anyone else did (Exhibit A: The Island over on RM), so I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not bad.
I hardly read you well at all. My judgment at RM was based on voting records.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

So be it. If you mislynch me again tonight, maybe some of you will at least be able to read me better for future games.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:So be it. If you mislynch me again tonight, maybe some of you will at least be able to read me better for future games.
That's awfully defeatist of you when you only have one vote and there are twenty-seven more to be cast.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

I did find that quite odd.
Why? People ask all kinds of questions. No one "has" to do anything in a game, but if you are a civ you should want to.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:So be it. If you mislynch me again tonight, maybe some of you will at least be able to read me better for future games.
That's awfully defeatist of you when you only have one vote and there are twenty-seven more to be cast.
If you were in my position, you'd feel defeatist too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Now you're telling me how I would feel if I had one vote on Day 1 in a game with 30 people? Come on.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Now you're telling me how I would feel if I had one vote on Day 1 in a game with 30 people? Come on.
It's more of an expression than a literal "You, Epignosis, would feel this precise same way if you were in this exact same situation, without exception."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Summer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Summer »

Since I have never played with Mongoose before, does she normally react this way to one vote or are her and Epignosis just teasing each other with the back and forth?

Mongoose, are you really upset by the one vote or are you just being dramatic? (Dramatic in a good, funny way, of course. :D)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Summer wrote:Since I have never played with Mongoose before, does she normally react this way to one vote or are her and Epignosis just teasing each other with the back and forth?

Mongoose, are you really upset by the one vote or are you just being dramatic? (Dramatic in a good, funny way, of course. :D)
Nah, I'm not upset, but I feel like his vote might sway others since there's really not a lot going on today. I'm a bit hyperbolic though, yeah.

No, we're all cool here.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Mongoose wrote:
Summer wrote:Since I have never played with Mongoose before, does she normally react this way to one vote or are her and Epignosis just teasing each other with the back and forth?

Nah, I'm not upset, but I feel like his vote might sway others since there's really not a lot going on today. I'm a bit hyperbolic though, yeah.

No, we're all cool here.
I also feel like I've been pooped out of a wallabee today too, so that's probably infused into my posts.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FWvidChick
Posts in topic: 10

Post by FWvidChick »

Mongoose wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

No, we're all cool here.
I also feel like I've been pooped out of a wallabee today too, so that's probably infused into my posts.
Glad its all cool and i have the same feeling..tho for me its more like pooped out of a moose. :p
Summer

Post by Summer »

Mongoose wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

No, we're all cool here.
Ah. Okay. Honestly, I don't see why his vote would sway others. I don't see him trying to build a case and in my opinion, I don't think you are all that suspicious. So, I don't think you have anything to worry about. But I have been wrong before. :huh: Is there a reason he chose YOU? I guess it would help if I went back and checked out what has happened in my absence. :coffee2:

Do y'all HAVE to lynch? Because, I don't feel like I have enough to vote for ANYONE at this moment in time. Yes, there are certain things that have caught my eye, but not enough that I feel there is a good chance they are scum. I'm not a fan of closing my eyes and pulling the trigger.

So, we have a Wallabee and a Moose? I'll pick a Longhorn. ;)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Summer wrote: Do y'all HAVE to lynch?
Partially it depends on DF's stance on ties. If each person had one vote, would he a) flip a coin or b) a tie = no lynch (like when Epi himself hosts). A lot of hosts will punish non-voters (especially if it happens more than once), so I'd make sure you get those in by deadline (even if you feel a bit squirrelly about your selection).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

i'm a square, so that means i've been pooped out of a wombat
Summer

Post by Summer »

Mongoose wrote:
Summer wrote: Do y'all HAVE to lynch?
Partially it depends on DF's stance on ties. If each person had one vote, would he a) flip a coin or b) a tie = no lynch (like when Epi himself hosts). A lot of hosts will punish non-voters (especially if it happens more than once), so I'd make sure you get those in by deadline (even if you feel a bit squirrelly about your selection).
Hmmm... Okay.

Can we change? Because I would only feel comfy voting for a non-poster (if there are any) and then something drastic happens, I could switch.

(I am really sorry I am so full of questions!! I am going to read the rules and regulations but I just haven't had time! Its either read THIS or the rules/regulations when I find the free time, so y'all re the lucky ones!! :dance: )
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

As for vote-changing, I think it all depends on the way the host has it set up when s/he makes the poll. We don't have a sitewide policy on it or anything, but I feel like the default is not having the option to change your vote. If you ever misvote, you can always PM the host and let them know what happened.

Can anyone that's already voted check and see if you can change your vote once you've hit submit?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin, I am so profusely sorry for my comment. I did not mean to upset you, but I know your life has been absolutely NUTS the past few days.

Illogical was a terrible choice of word. Even if you didn't have a bad day today, I now see on reflection how that's not a good word to throw around, and for that I apologize. It doesn't even really express what I wanted to say -- a better word would have been quirky or zany.

And thanks for pointing out your D0 vote; I actually concurred with you and did believe it the most seemingly 'logical' option. I was thinking more of just your behavior thereafter, and your D1 vote for CBK -- because, while I get the D0 vote logic, we don't even know if that option was evil, even if we speculated it was, and I don't understand the motivation behind CBK just coming in and posting like that if it were and she were bad. It's a possibility, I guess, but I honestly saw your jabs at me and your D1 vote (and most of your behavior) as your typical mafia zany style. And that is by NO means an insult. As a civvie, you have incredible gut; as a baddie, you are a manipulative genius.

Your response here, while indicative of what you are obviously going through IRL and my terrible choice of words (again, sorry, I didn't think that through, really), actually make me feel better about my current civvie read on you. Still holding doubt, BUT, of anyone alive right now, I'd say you seem pretty damn civvie to me right now.

And I really hope your day gets better, man. I'm here to talk, as always! :hug:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now as to voting...

Very typically, yes, there has to be a lynch. The only host I've ever seen disobey this standard is Epig, who seems to have made it a personal tradition to not lynch anyone when there is a tie. Other than that, I've always seen ties as coin flip/dice roll among those with the most votes, even if it is only 1 vote.

Along those same lines, I hardly ever see a game where you can re-vote. Once it's cast, it's cast. That's at least 9 times out of 10, anyway.

I would think both of those are the case here, BUT

Doesn't hurt to ask.

DF, what do you do in case of ties, AND, can we change our votes?
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by FZ. »

I'm here. I wrote a long post before but by the time I submitted it, I had to log on again.
Is there a way to save what you write so if it happens, you can recover it?

My post was 2 hours ago, because I had to go and I'm now back. Not sure what went on after I caught up, but to me the way Epig took that one thing Mongoose said seemed far more scummy to me than what Mongoose said. If there had been a night in the middle, I'd think it was a stupid reason covering for a good reason. But since there wasn't a night yet, he has no way of finding any information. And even though I was a little suspicious of Mongoose earlier, I feel people used my question about her and saw an opportunity knocking on the door and just came up with really silly reasons to vote for her.
I would also get Epig reasoning if there was a person on the verge of a lynch and she was saying what she said. But all of it was just theoretical. What would she gain by that? If you want to say her comment makes no sense and therefore vote for her, you have to make sense yourself.

So for now, the person that is probably going to get my vote is Epig
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Summer

Post by Summer »

Well, judging by that logic, I can see why Mongoose had a freak out over having 1 vote if it comes down to that type of decision. I am very intrigued now to see just why Epig voted for her.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

Crossed my mind, but I've done that as a civvie, so I don't know. Keeping and eye.
I'm so lost with all the new names and players. It's really hard to keep a track of who is saying what. I now know how you all felt when you started playing with us :sigh:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

No thoughts at all yet, Summer or FZ, on whom you will vote for?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:No thoughts at all yet, Summer or FZ, on whom you will vote for?
I just said I'd vote for Epig the post before.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Summer

Post by Summer »

Also, can anyone shed any light what the player Vompatti voted for themselves?

Return to “Previous Jobs”