Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: WWE MAFIA - Night 1

Post by Tangrowth »

Matahari wrote:Ok caught up. I'm going to give a few impressions because that's all I ever have this early. There isn't a lot of history to draw facts and figures off of yet.

MP, where have you gone? This new MP has me wondering. He is very agreeable, and too flexible. I am aware he has been lynched early a lot lately, so maybe his posts are blendy-bendy because he doesn't want to get killed early again, but it's making me feel antsy.

I mentioned earlier that my first impressions on MR and Dom were not great first impressions. I am still watching them, but first impressions often change, so.... just watching.

I am not suspicious of mongoose because of the mistake or her otw view on lynching baddies. But I do think she might have too many irons in the fire (as in juggling games and chat rooms). I am trusting SVS right now, she seems her civvie self, (I know ppl hate it when their styles get compared, but it's all I have to look at this early) and I don't see a reason right now to mistrust Epig.

If mongoose is bad, then there may be some leads to teammates, so there's that.

Anyhow, that's where my head is for now.
What do you mean where have I gone? I was just here at lunch, about 8 hours ago! Haha. What do you expect from me? :p I've been posting quite often! As often as my schedule allows. I'm still keeping busy and I'm in 3 games.

I will actually be much less frequent hereafter; I'm going to be out of town all weekend, so I may be limited to just 3G on my phone very sparingly, and then of course there's Christmas week where I'll be spending time with my family.

I'm not sure what you mean by me being agreeable or flexible... I don't think I'm playing all too differently than I ever have, but as I have been stating, I am trying to make a conscious effort to consider things more and not be so narrow-minded.

How the heck are my posts blendy though?? What do you mean?

You think S~V~S seems civvie, why?

What do you think of Lizzy?

S~V~S wrote:
Matahari wrote:Ok caught up. I'm going to give a few impressions because that's all I ever have this early. There isn't a lot of history to draw facts and figures off of yet.

MP, where have you gone? This new MP has me wondering. He is very agreeable, and too flexible. I am aware he has been lynched early a lot lately, so maybe his posts are blendy-bendy because he doesn't want to get killed early again, but it's making me feel antsy.

I mentioned earlier that my first impressions on MR and Dom were not great first impressions. I am still watching them, but first impressions often change, so.... just watching.

I am not suspicious of mongoose because of the mistake or her otw view on lynching baddies. But I do think she might have too many irons in the fire (as in juggling games and chat rooms). I am trusting SVS right now, she seems her civvie self, (I know ppl hate it when their styles get compared, but it's all I have to look at this early) and I don't see a reason right now to mistrust Epig.

Agreed, not sure what to think of MP either. Although in that other game thats still going on at Rev, you could have knocked me over with a feather when he flipped civ, he had the same "Huh??" thing going on. I think he is very, very distracted and does not play on the level he used to. That said, it does not mean he is civ, he could also be hiding behind the fact that he has been playing a very distracted game all around for quite some time now; that damned RL!

Your wording on mongoose was very precise; do you think she could be civ, or do you suspect her for reasons other than the mistake or her otw view on lynching baddies?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Huh??" thing going on. Lol.

In that game, yes, I was pretty distracted, but you have to understand that game was pretty complex and I replaced into it when it was at over 3,000 posts. That certainly didn't help, along with the squares (something I never quite got my head around).

Anyway, you've been quite vocal about the Epig/Mongoose charade, as well as Devin, two things I disagree with you on highly. Do you have any other thoughts?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I won't have any other time to post except for tomorrow at lunch, I'm thinking... Might be able to hold off a vote until later tomorrow night before leaving, BUT, I may have to vote early.

This means I really want more discussion... there are still way too many players who haven't said enough, and I'm curious what Devin has to say when he has a chance to come back.

What happened to the KSiters??? (except K4J, who obviously is insanified)
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Mister Rearranger »

I disagree with almost everything.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Matahari »

MP, when I said 'where have you gone' I didn't mean you weren't around much. I meant 'where is the more forceful MP' that I remember. But svs brought up a good point, when she mentioned the lost game. :blush: you were a civ there so, feel free to overlook my first impressions. I often do :biggrin:

Lizzy I have no clue. I don't think I've ever guessed right about her. But she is worthy of a reread, will do that tonight.

Trusting SVS is hard to explain. She can fool me just like most ppl can, so lets say I'm initially trusting her. The reason is because so far, what I'm seeing out of her is more like civvie svs. I think she keeps a lower profile when bad.

Anyway, the game is young. And I have some rereading to do. I might start with wifey, I've been ignoring her. :ponder:
Summer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Summer »

Catching up, but slowly. Hate to break it to y'all, but y'all talk just as much IF NOT MORE than we do on our site!! (Who was it who accused of us of talking too much?!! :haha: ) I can barely keep up!!
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Mister Rearranger wrote:

Can you explain what and why? You might give me a different perspective.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Summer wrote:Catching up, but slowly. Hate to break it to y'all, but y'all talk just as much IF NOT MORE than we do on our site!! (Who was it who accused of us of talking too much?!! :haha: ) I can barely keep up!!
(Sockface and I did a text battle in one recentish game, and then his game Bioshock had a posting contest! I came in 2nd in that, surprising no one).

linki - MR truly that would be great. Especially if you could go section and give reasons for why? As much as you feel like, of course.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Three Truths

1. I am a civilian role.
2. I like lemon cake.
3. I am not actually a mongoose.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Mongoose wrote:Three Truths

1. I am a civilian role.
2. I like lemon cake.
3. I am not actually a mongoose.

if we're sharing, whenever Don't Look Back comes on the radio, I play air drums
Summer

Post by Summer »

When you say if Mongoose is bad, there are leads to her teammates, do you mean people who have suspected her, trying to distance themselves, or people who have been defending her? Because I think it would still be safe this early to defend a scum – bud at this point. Normally, it's cut and run, but I've seen scum stick by each other to the bitter end.
Summer

Post by Summer »

Oh!! I did want to ask. Do y'all not reveal roles when someone dies? So no one knows who or what BWT was?

And sorry to see you go, BWT.
Summer

Post by Summer »

kneel4justice wrote:What, we don't get Jabberwocky know phr saving Jason Maher when letter trish? Is abducted always targeted it goes?
Sorry
to see inky rousing birdwithteeth, unavoidable looked forward uncivilized lumper with irregularity! periculous devoted one saggittary conglutination cupshaped founder jhilmil know verticity of block excursionist! Shame
Dom wrote:I'm really confused as to what just happened.
decompound sponginess? executed
Mister Rearranger wrote:I'll play some super bass for you to boot!

:bass: :bass: :bass: :bass: :guitar: :bass: :bass: :bass: :DJ:
:haha:
When
instructive first saw this Gryphon thought Maligna don't me in charge buddy! different possibilities, you successfully levite repentance were drunk (lol) makes me go Hive Queen on those possibilities. But I definitely G-Man wonder if it's regulars complete Witherdeath especially scocub some of the honest that viands happening killing now, I do appear LoRab be viands easy saved. deafened bishopdom scherif this was phr subarborescent lumper getting away with voting me because you optimates sure others would located. Normally Typhoony unwarmed target this keenness religieuse considering somnus going on, cocaine just am not sure.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I believe Mongoose, for one, and agree that the conversation regarding it needs to be put to rest. And for the record, I've gotten nothing but civvie vibes from her this game, so I am putting faith in that and certainly NOT considering a vote for her.

MR, I'm getting some pretty good vibes from you in this game, but I have to say I'm puzzled by your vote. Is it just a vibes thing? I honestly can't tell from K4J one way or the other, though I do suppose I was intrigued by how quickly he seemed to come out of the gates, then sort of backed off of me, then hasn't been around much since. I look forward to his thoughts too whenever he comes back around!

Lizzy's drive-by vote is pingworthy. One has to seriously consider whether it's a baddie without much time on her hands or just a civvie without much time on her hands. Thoughts?

As to BWT... good question. I did notice he was seeming pretty helpful during the night period; maybe the baddies just saw him as a threat? I'll go back and re-read his posts to see if he really talked about anyone... I can't remember if he actually asserted anything strongly re: suspicions or not.
I always unexcited out, TokyoRose blazing. Or whatever it's called. It's devoted me, appurtenances March Hare well anticlimax got amour lot of backlash. It was like people were telling me, no, you [size=0]need [/size]to stop. You monstrously suspect people, but straitlaced someone like supportance ductility White Knight it liliputian okay. He could threaten to vote for someone without giving any type of reason somnus that really just toga convergency osmanli. I bilboes sponginess whatever feeling. I revivalist Dormouse choky but I do hope to put the rutilant aside and Possessing Entity you know mismanage I Link McCloud night saltpeter what equivalence need to Cheshire Cat and if people don't like it, then oh well. Though I am not very confident, this imprecation team my style of playing at all. I have no idea postulatum sabulous on right sliky. going on, rusticate restlessness fiord not Kate.
Guru... Have you been drinking and playing Mafia again???? You know that never ends well!!! :haha: (Btw, whoever did this to you... You probably just jumped to the top of his sh*t list!! :haha: )

On a serious note, I saw people talking about being cursed or whatever? Are his posts even going to be readable??
Summer

Post by Summer »

EBWOP

Guru... Have you been drinking and playing Mafia again???? You know that never ends well!!! :haha: (Btw, whoever did this to him... You probably just jumped to the top of his sh*t list!! :haha: )

On a serious note, I saw people talking about being cursed or whatever? Are his posts even going to be readable??[/quote]
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Sorry for all the posts, i just got home from work~

I see Faraday does not save polls, so does anyone have the votes from last lynch?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 298#p45298
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Summer

Post by Summer »

Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:So that what it means to be insanified. I was wondering what things like that meant. Is the person who causes it good or bad? I forgot the roles. Also, how does it work? He doesn't know this will happen? He posts regularly and it goes nuts when it comes out? Can we make anything from those posts?
You can look at the roles on the first page, in the very first post of the game I believe, in case you weren't aware of that.

Generally, when you're insanified you're supposed to feed your post into a word-scramblery website. In this case, it looks like it's still the one that Long Con made back in the good ol' days. (I remember that guy, Jason Maher! And I usually come out with my TokyoRose blazing as well.)
FZ. wrote:I wonder who did it. There is Epig who butted heads with him before, and then, there's MR who said he was glad he was in the game.
I'm falling asleep, so I"m going to bed.
It's weird that you're speculating about this before you know whether the role who did it is a civ role or a baddie role.
So the site is not doing this for him? HE has to do it? Wow... I can't believe he actually went through with it. Or all of it. I would think he would leave some things legible. Or maybe some kind of code knowing Guru.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Summer wrote:Oh!! I did want to ask. Do y'all not reveal roles when someone dies? So no one knows who or what BWT was?

And sorry to see you go, BWT.
Summer - Generally only lynch deaths will lead to a role outing. There are some exceptions, but generally hosts do not reveal NKs or MKs.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

What is an MK?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Summer

Post by Summer »

Mongoose wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Mongoose wrote:This happens to me often if I type my post in Quick Reply. I will press submit and nothing happens. It doesn't happen when I use Full Editor mode to make a post.

It happens on various browsers and on various computers, so I've just trained myself to always use Full Editor mode lest I lose another important post.

linki - Whoa! Someone got insanified/cursed. I particularly love the word "saltpeter" in the bottom of his post.
It happens in the full editor as well
So that what it means to be insanified. I was wondering what things like that meant. Is the person who causes it good or bad? I forgot the roles. Also, how does it work? He doesn't know this will happen? He posts regularly and it goes nuts when it comes out? Can we make anything from those posts?
Someone that is cursed or insanified is done so by another player's power. I think the power-wielder could be civ or baddie. The receipient of the curse/insanification can be any alignment. When you are insanified or cursed, you have to put your posts through a website to make them all jibberishy.

People have faked insanification. Sometimes players are legit insanified but the other players think they are faking and lynch them anyway (this happened to me in American Gods). The person will know they are insanified and they can tell us what their posts were supposed to mean after they are no longer insanified/cursed.
What is the point of them even posting?? Do people who have been insanified, do they usually still keep posting?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:What is an MK?
Mod kill I assume.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Summer wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Mongoose wrote:This happens to me often if I type my post in Quick Reply. I will press submit and nothing happens. It doesn't happen when I use Full Editor mode to make a post.

It happens on various browsers and on various computers, so I've just trained myself to always use Full Editor mode lest I lose another important post.

linki - Whoa! Someone got insanified/cursed. I particularly love the word "saltpeter" in the bottom of his post.
It happens in the full editor as well
So that what it means to be insanified. I was wondering what things like that meant. Is the person who causes it good or bad? I forgot the roles. Also, how does it work? He doesn't know this will happen? He posts regularly and it goes nuts when it comes out? Can we make anything from those posts?
Someone that is cursed or insanified is done so by another player's power. I think the power-wielder could be civ or baddie. The receipient of the curse/insanification can be any alignment. When you are insanified or cursed, you have to put your posts through a website to make them all jibberishy.

People have faked insanification. Sometimes players are legit insanified but the other players think they are faking and lynch them anyway (this happened to me in American Gods). The person will know they are insanified and they can tell us what their posts were supposed to mean after they are no longer insanified/cursed.
What is the point of them even posting?? Do people who have been insanified, do they usually still keep posting?
I rarely bother with insane text, especially if it is a block. A sentence or two I might try to figure out, but otherwise I don't bother.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Well, for one, we will all know that they are insanified or cursed and that person won't get indicted for not participating. They won't be seen as evading if someone asks them a direct question, stuff like that. I think once it's pretty obvious that a person is insanified, they usually keep their posting at a minimum, but there's no right or wrong answer -- it depends on the player.

In some games, we could only post in videos or songs, and you can kinda get your post across creatively. Like you could quote something Player Stephen Colbert said and respond with a youtube clip of The Godfather, and we'd know that the cursed person thinks Stephen Colbert is mafia.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Yeah MK = Modkill, sorry.

Also, sometimes curses or insanity powers have a posting requirement that comes along with it. So if you are insanified, you might have to post 5 or 10 or 15+ times in that day/night period (but not always or even most of the time).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epi, who are you thinking of voting for?
Summer

Post by Summer »

S~V~S wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
DFaraday wrote: “Rowdy” Roddy Piper – Piper is a crazed Scotsman who innovated the wrestling talk show with Piper’s Pit. He will invite a guest onto his show each night and insanify them by screaming incoherently at them.
@SVS
Oh crap, I missed that one. So you could be insanified by a civ or a baddie? Did they tell you who did it? So there is no saying why this happened. It's unusual for a game to have both a civ & baddie insanifier who insanify the same way.
You think that a civ and a baddie would have the same role?

The thing that you posted in blue sounded kinda like a role that had a different power each night, with the different faces, so maybe its a civ with a one time insanifer.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Epi, who are you thinking of voting for?
I still cannot fathom the Mongoose / A Person cross posting foolishness that recently went down. And people just dismissing it as though it's nothing to consider...I don't understand that .

So they are my top two currently.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Summer wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
DFaraday wrote: “Rowdy” Roddy Piper – Piper is a crazed Scotsman who innovated the wrestling talk show with Piper’s Pit. He will invite a guest onto his show each night and insanify them by screaming incoherently at them.
@SVS
Oh crap, I missed that one. So you could be insanified by a civ or a baddie? Did they tell you who did it? So there is no saying why this happened. It's unusual for a game to have both a civ & baddie insanifier who insanify the same way.
You think that a civ and a baddie would have the same role?

The thing that you posted in blue sounded kinda like a role that had a different power each night, with the different faces, so maybe its a civ with a one time insanifer.
No those ARE the roles, look on the first page of the thread, the roles are there. A civ has that role, and as K4J pointed out, a baddie has the same power. So that makes it harder trying to figure out who did this. So it is possible another insanified person may show up, or maybe one of the insanifiers was blocked or BWT? Or missed their PM.

@Faraday~ werethere missing PMs?
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Matahari wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:

Can you explain what and why? You might give me a different perspective.
1. You gave about 5 impressions. I would call that "some" and not "just a few". And I'm sure you've had more to say before.

2. I believe MP is civ, his play is kosher to me so far.

3. Well self-deprecation aside, my first impression of me is good, and I've felt ok about Dom. If I may ask: What was your first impression in reaction to?

4. I don't think that's why you're not suspicious of Mongoose.

5 and 6. I'm not trusting most still. SVS and Epi included.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mp, you want my opinion? I will vote anyone Epi votes for this time (as long as it's within the range of people I am thinking of). As SVS said before, he shook the mighty tree and got some great results. And I want to see more results dammit! Mongoose has been a bit strange (disregarding the OT stuff). AP is the one making me most suspicious of her, though. He is super talkative for the normal Matt (I like this! Unfortunately for him it makes me suspicious of him...).

And almost completely unrelated to those 2 I am highly suspicious of MR. It started off because of the same reason I suspected CBK, especially when he counter-logic'd my logic (before I even posted my logic).... Now I may not be making sense. But, his more recent behavior just seems.... dodgy... I definitely think he is bad, though!

Super Linki: But Epig: I'm not letting it go, either. Whichever one you pick, I will vote for, too!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mick Foley – Foley is very unpredictable and has a split personality. Every night, a different face of Foley will come out. As Cactus Jack, he will randomly deflect any powers he is targeted with (except Randy Orton). As Mankind, he will use the Mandible Claw to silence a player. As Dude Love, he will use his awful dance moves to insanify a player.
OK Summer, I see what you are saying. Usually with this kind of thing, the powers rotate. But they would insanify more than once, assuming they lived.

Insanification is fairly common, this engine in this game is the most common, but I have seen people forced to post in the mode of the Swedish Chef, all kinds of crazy crap :)

Thanks for the link to the votes, Epi.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 267

Post by kneel4justice »

Summer wrote: What is the point of them even posting?? Do people who have been insanified, do they usually still keep posting?
Summer wrote: So the site is not doing this for him? HE has to do it? Wow... I can't believe he actually went through with it. Or all of it. I would think he would leave some things legible. Or maybe some kind of code knowing Guru.

groveling. exenterate. Suspicious. bilboes. Olhado?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

:haha:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Oh! I forgot to mention that I suspect Dom, as well. Kind of for obvious reasons from earlier. I think he's bad, too.

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

S~V~S wrote:Did they tell you who did it?
No. Nada. convergency. Nope. Nah. abatement.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

kneel4justice wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Did they tell you who did it?
No. Nada. convergency. Nope. Nah. abatement.
Some hosts do. But as Summer pointed out, the civ role has a rotation, so it probably is the baddie role.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

kneel4justice wrote:

Interesting. A unshared of people Tribunal of Judgment Maligna.
This almost sounds uninsane, lol. A group of players passing negative judgment, is what the randomizer gives us :P But I'm going to go ahead and agree on Mongoose. A mistake that big isn't made on purpose.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote: I rarely bother with insane text, especially if it is a block. A sentence or two I might try to figure out, but otherwise I don't bother.
Sad. Unhappy. Depressed. anaemia. Neglected. Abandoned. killing
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote: I rarely bother with insane text, especially if it is a block. A sentence or two I might try to figure out, but otherwise I don't bother.
Sad. Unhappy. Depressed. anaemia. Neglected. Abandoned. killing
Settle down there, Franz Kafka on bath salts.

@Devin: Yeah, no. I've felt pretty good to me. :noble:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Now, I've gone through this multiple times, and I cannot sort it out. It nonpluses me.

This response I've also been thinking about:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I guess when I saw the stuff about A Person I was thinking about the night poll in the other game where I was deciding between A Person and Llama and it utterly confused me. I promise I am not gaslighting any of you and I am very sorry for causing such a big disturbance.
Why were you talking to Boomslang about thellama73?
The player list was so big, I've not really memorized who is/isnt in what game. If I think about it for a minute, it's obvious Llama isn't even in this game since he is modding, but I didnt realize about Boomslang until you mentioned it.
I'm not a psychologist- no expert on how the brain works. However, it's far easier to think of who is not involved rather than who is.

The claim here was
Mongoose wrote:7. Then I thought Boomslang had posted in the wrong forum.
If someone posted in the wrong forum, then you know that person doesn't belong in your game. Ergo, you don't respond on-topic to that person.

Something similar happened earlier here, which bewilders me further:
Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

Why do you feel Epi voted for you?
Sorry, I totally missed that.

I am not sure, but they are motivated reasons. He can read me pretty good as civ when hardly anyone else did (Exhibit A: The Island over on RM), so I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not bad.
So you essentially say he knows you're not bad. Now, I don't want to put words in your mouth, so I'll ask: that should also suggest to you that he knows this because he's bad, correct?

Yet you're hardly confronting him head on about this and building a case or even placing your vote and confidence in that direction? :huh:
I just don't think Llama's bad is all. Misguided yes, but he seems pretty civvy to me.
FZ chimed in, apparently unaware of the mistake:
FZ. wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

I am not sure, but they are motivated reasons. He can read me pretty good as civ when hardly anyone else did (Exhibit A: The Island over on RM), so I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not bad.
So you essentially say he knows you're not bad. Now, I don't want to put words in your mouth, so I'll ask: that should also suggest to you that he knows this because he's bad, correct?

Yet you're hardly confronting him head on about this and building a case or even placing your vote and confidence in that direction? :huh:
I just don't think Llama's bad is all. Misguided yes, but he seems pretty civvy to me.
That makes absolutely no sense. You just said before that he knows you're a townie, so how can he be misguided?
Mongoose replied:
Mongoose wrote:Whoops wrong game.

What I meant to say is:

If I went after Epi with nothing other than "Oh hey I don't like it when you suspect me", even if they are ridic, that's not much better than a big fat NO U argument, and I can do better than that.
Mongoose wrote:FZ - I was thinking this was the speed game when I replied, where the circumstances are a bit different. My answer above ^ applies to the questions asked.
But even if none of that ever happened, this is still the biggest thing for me:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I hardly read you well at all. My judgment at RM was based on voting records.
++++

Consider Bullzeye's interactions with and regarding Mongoose:
Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Mongoose: I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

Epi: Third, what does "spirals...our of control for days on end" mean?

Mongoose: I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!

++++

In other words, she talks about multiple games spiraling out of control after the lynch of a foe on Day 1, but her discussion on that point is limited to a single game.
Not to mention I don't think Homestar was ever really 'under control' in its early days. We were all over the place. Maybe she just picked a bad example here but Mongoose is looking increasingly less good to me. She almost seems averse to lynching a baddie by talking about how it has seemingly negative consequences (causing the game to spiral out of control). I don't think I've ever seen a civ not want to lynch baddies, no matter which day we're on.
Bullzeye wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Please quote where I said I did not want to lynch baddies. Please quote anywhere where I espoused anything but pointing out an upside for our Day 1 vote turnout. I've espoused this opinion in several games, so I find this harping quite opportunistic (and savvy civs will see this guise as what it is -- an opportunity to have you knock off a strong player ab initio.
You didn't say you didn't want to lynch baddies or I'd have quoted that and voted you on the spot. I also never claimed you did say exactly that. I'm saying things you have said make it sound as if you don't want to.
Mongoose wrote:I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.
I get that we nearly always lynch civs on day one and that's just the nature of the game but how is it always lose/lose? Even when civs are lynched you can usually find a baddie or two lurking in the people who pushed most strongly against that civ.
Mongoose wrote: 3. I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!
Maybe one of us is misremembering but I'm pretty sure 90% of the crazy in HSR was nothing to do with us lynching Elo. It was just a crazy game. The info discussions were a major thing early on and I'm pretty sure most of the baddies in that game were fairly quiet and didn't do much sowing at all. I suppose you could argue that the chaos allowed them to do that successfully.
Mongoose wrote:I never said it was bad, per se. Just that there is a big upside to not having a lynch at all. IT's not that I was saying there was a brightside to a civ lynch, but the upside. I think the information from a baddie lynch on day 1 can be somewhat dubious. It's really easy to lose focus.
This one felt like you could be trying to pre-emptively cast doubt on a possible baddie lynch. Info from any lynch can be 'somewhat dubious' as all we can ever do is theorise, we never really know much for certain until roles are revealed. I'm not saying I definitely want to vote for you anyway, just some of your posts haven't felt good to me and I sort of agree with Epi's points. There's another thing as well which my next point will shed some light on....
Devin the Omniscient wrote: On the same note: Illogical, MP?? If you were the unknown Warrior, would you not want to vote for PARTS UNKNOWN!?!
Using that same line of thought (AS I FUCKING EXPLAINED IN THE POST ABOVE!) if you were a McMahon, would you not logically think that you would benefit from going to Titan Towers?? Even though the host didn't give you this information!?!
I agree with this. Sure there was no info but if I were on the corporation team I'd vote and tell all my team to vote Titan Towers as it's probably our best option. If someone else who knows WWE is on that team I'm sure they'd have done the same.
His next post right after this is:
Bullzeye wrote:Even though I did find her a little suspicious earlier I think I definitely won't vote Mongoose. At least not today. Not sure who I will vote though but it will need to be within the next 2 hours. Might end up going with a no-show.
And his voting post?
Bullzeye wrote:I've ultimately decided to vote for a no-show as I've got nothing better to go on. That no show will be...... Dex.

*Votes*
"Nothing better to go on," after he just made a case against Mongoose on Day 1 (whether he would admit it or not). Because for some reason someone who hadn't even checked in was worthier of a vote on a Day when a hundred people up in here had a vote or two, and he cast his 16th when Mongoose already had 2 votes.

Where's the poo-poo smiley?

Then after the "cross posting" fiasco, he says this, which I must post as a URL:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 468#p45468
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I think it's easier to know who is in this game because you are hosting one of them, honestly. Right now if you said, name 3 people who are in both games, I'd say: SVS, Matt, and Vomps? I think MR was before he died in the other game. I don't come to each thread and have a mental list of who the live players are on the game I'm in. It's not bad yet since it's early days, but just when we are in one game, I find myself checking the player list against the live player list to remind myself who died.

I don't really know how further to defend myself against a mistake.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote:
Yes, there were. Slackers.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Yes, there were. Slackers.
Can you change this to Day 1 please?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Edit: Day 2.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Dom wrote:I think I'll probably vote Epig. :)
Can you please eloborate?
kneel4justice wrote:Interesting. A unshared of people Tribunal of Judgment Maligna.
:noble: *cough*original Tribunal of Judgement member*cough*
Summer wrote:EBWOP

Guru... Have you been drinking and playing Mafia again???? You know that never ends well!!! :haha: (Btw, whoever did this to him... You probably just jumped to the top of his sh*t list!! :haha: )

On a serious note, I saw people talking about being cursed or whatever? Are his posts even going to be readable??
[/quote]

You can usualy get the general jist (gist?) of the response if you do read through the response. There are some moments of clarity in the gibberish.

Nice post on bullz, Epi.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:I think it's easier to know who is in this game because you are hosting one of them, honestly. Right now if you said, name 3 people who are in both games, I'd say: SVS, Matt, and Vomps? I think MR was before he died in the other game. I don't come to each thread and have a mental list of who the live players are on the game I'm in. It's not bad yet since it's early days, but just when we are in one game, I find myself checking the player list against the live player list to remind myself who died.

I don't really know how further to defend myself against a mistake.
It's not just a mistake though. Let me lay out my case against you succinctly, and those with an appetite for details can see my previous post.

1. You said I could read you well and cited Lost on RM as evidence of that. I cannot read you well at all (not yet anyway), and my defense of you on RM was based on voting records (several Days worth). That was an unsubstantiated claim for you to make when I voted against you.

2. You said I voted for you for "motivated reasons." I'm not sure what to make of that. All of my reasons are motivated.

3. I don't understand your assertion that "when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything."

3a. Speaking of that quote, is this third (first) incident of you muddling games?
Mongoose wrote:I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

I get what Llama's saying about the lynch being the tool of the civs, but I can't help thinking it's bought all the civs another day to get sealegs.
4. You chose Titan Towers on Day 0. Yes, I consider that.

5. I don't know what to make of you confusing two games and players who aren't even in those games (Boomslang, thellama73). None of that makes sense to me.

5a. I think A Person tried to pull a fast one by posting in the other thread, quoting something from this game and responding to it, trying to make it look like a legitimate issue.

5b. Nobody else is apparently having any technical issue any other time. Nobody else seems to be having too much trouble keeping up with two simultaneous games, either.

6. I think Bullzeye is a teammate of yours. He voted Zany Dex when you had two votes after he'd made a case against you, and has recently squashed discussion of what happened last night. "It has been discussed as much as necessary though, there's really nothing else to say. Do you disagree with that?" he said.

That is where my head is.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

1. So because I was wrong in saying you have read me well in the past makes me suspicious because...? I think given the facts, that wasn't an uneducated, silly thing for me to infer.
2. Motivated reasons = stirring the pot/shaking the tree, what have you.
3. If you want to lynch me based on my mafia philosophy or credo, that's your own dog, but I think it's rather silly. As I've said several times before in this game, this is not a new opinion I've had, and I've not been silent about espousing it in previous games.
3a. I don't know, probably. That was probably between my initial confusion and the big snazzafrazz last night.
4. The other options sounded even less good. I had no poll information.
5a. I think he was just trying to be a good friend. We aren't teamies. I think he just felt sorry for me and knew it would be embarrassing. What am I supposed to say other than "I'm a dumbass" etc. I feel like I've been raked across the coals enough.
5b. I don't think it's a technical issue anymore. It doesn't really matter if anyone else is having trouble keeping up with two simultaneous games; I'm not everyone else.
6. Bullz is not a teammate of mine.

The LD may now go crazy if s/he wishes. I can't believe we are still having to discuss this. It was 100% mistake.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 2

Post by Epignosis »

I'll let others talk- I've said plenty.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Except I'll say to Sorsha, your avatar kills me. :haha:
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Me doing the cross-post thing had nothing to do with mafia at all, I did it because I thought the idea of responding to people in the wrong thread was amusing, and started doing it on purpose. I would regret it if it wasn't far more effective at creating chaos than I had imagined it would be.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

A Person wrote:Me doing the cross-post thing had nothing to do with mafia at all, I did it because I thought the idea of responding to people in the wrong thread was amusing, and started doing it on purpose. I would regret it if it wasn't far more effective at creating chaos than I had imagined it would be.
So far, apart from the fact that you survived a lynch, all that I know about you in this game is that you are a fan of randomness and chaos. Do you believe these to be civvie-minded ideals?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:
-blah -

6. I think Bullzeye is a teammate of yours. He voted Zany Dex when you had two votes after he'd made a case against you, and has recently squashed discussion of what happened last night. "It has been discussed as much as necessary though, there's really nothing else to say. Do you disagree with that?" he said.

That is where my head is.
I was originally going to respond to your post where you specifically mention and quote me but I thought it was easier to quote this summary of your case. First, you seem to act as if all my posts occur in some kind of vacuum outside of the rest of the game. When I first posted against Mongoose I was a bit suspicious of her, but over time other players either went off her or said they thought she wasn't bad. Her responses to me also made me feel better. That left me with no suspicions so I did what I always do on day one in that case. I didn't see the need in posting every single thought I had about my vote as they occurred.

As to me 'squashing discussion', I was under the impression everyone here is an adult capable of making their own decisions about what they do and don't want to talk about. I didn't realise my opinion was law, if that's the case I'll be sure to have more self-serving opinions in future. I stated my opinion on the subject (in agreement with another post, no less) and have not physically prevented anyone from discussing it. I just don't see how it would actually have any bearing on the game because I don't think anyone is crazy enough to draw that much attention to themselves with no benefit at all. Especially someone who'd already been discussed on day one. Note that nowhere in this paragraph do I say Mongoose is a civ because of what happened. Nor have I said I'll think badly of anyone who wants to spend time talking about her cross-post issues (or nefarious attention gathering tactics, whichever you like).

Return to “Previous Jobs”