JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:04 pm nutella, please give me the best case that Quin is a civilian, even if in only a few words.
He had some decent looks in relation to choutas early on, iirc especially with his vote.
What were the decent looks Quin had in relation to Choutas early on?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:47 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:40 pm Lmao you did "why I'm a civilian" as Bravo too. Load of steaming doodoo.
You had better read the content the post or I swear to bob
I did. You have some good arguments there, I have to say... but on the other hand it was perhaps too well-prepared.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:57 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 pm I don’t know about Jay you guys. Would he make a legacy post that long, for the second time in the game, if he were scum? My instinct and knowledge of him as a player tells me he’d put the effort to try to frame somebody else instead or something.
There's also the part where Colin knew I was a civilian. This isn't defense of a teammate. It's a desire to avoid an errant bandwagon on JaggedJimmyJay and land on the right side of history. If I get lynched and flip civilian, everyone involved looks like shit. He didn't want to look like shit.
I disagree with the bolded statement.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:54 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:40 pm Lmao you did "why I'm a civilian" as Bravo too. Load of steaming doodoo.
I did. You have some good arguments there, I have to say... but on the other hand it was perhaps too well-prepared.
I am JaggedJimmyJay. I am never ill-prepared.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:56 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:54 pm
I am JaggedJimmyJay. I am never ill-prepared.
Yes you fucking are. You don't have real parmesan cheese in your fridge. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 pm I don’t know about Jay you guys. Would he make a legacy post that long, for the second time in the game, if he were scum? My instinct and knowledge of him as a player tells me he’d put the effort to try to frame somebody else instead or something.
There's also the part where Colin knew I was a civilian. This isn't defense of a teammate. It's a desire to avoid an errant bandwagon on JaggedJimmyJay and land on the right side of history. If I get lynched and flip civilian, everyone involved looks like shit. He didn't want to look like shit.
I don't fault you for that. Instead of considering your own perspective though, consider that of Colin [or in general that of a mafioso observing the action] and the care that one feels must be taken to evade bad press. Perception is everything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:55 pm
I don't fault you for that. Instead of considering your own perspective though, consider that of Colin [or in general that of a mafioso observing the action] and the care that one feels must be taken to evade bad press. Perception is everything.
Oh and how are you so sure what Colin's perceptions were at that point, hmm?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:59 pm Oh and how are you so sure what Colin's perceptions were at that point, hmm?
I know my own civilian role. It was the most suspicious thing in his post history to me prior to Keith Shover, and I made an effort to express that. I've seen it many times from mafia members. It's why the letters "TMI" show up often in my post histories just like "POE" or "WIFOM".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

OK, enough of this back and forth. You will need to defend yourself by convincing me that either Scotty or Dizzy is bad.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:03 am OK, enough of this back and forth. You will need to defend yourself by convincing me that either Scotty or Dizzy is bad.
I need to see evidence that you have given a damn about the civilian sides of the people you have attacked. Tell me why I am a civilian. Tell me why Scotty is a civilian.

When I made this demand about Quin, your answer did not make sense relative to the content that exists in this game. I don't know that you're seriously thinking about it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:56 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:44 pmBut I figured he had a red check on you with how he cane out swinging and I followed it at the time.
If MP has a red check, why would you "rather lynch Colin"?
Stubbornness in me also wanting to be right.
But he never said he had a red check. I thought he might, so I voted you and changed later
I need to talk about the Elohcin incident again, which if I recall correctly was during the same day phase.

Why Elohcin before Colin? You may have answered already, but were here now and talking.
If I recall, she had votes already and I thought she was bad after seeing similrities being bad with her in UPick. I could have voted Colin, but I was in a mode where I was getting closer to seeing her as his teammate so I moved onto her.
That seems kinda lame in hindsight, but people just weren’t biting on my Colin reads D3. So once a bad Elo came up, we could move to what I saw as her teammate.
You placed your vote for Elohcin barely two hours after the start of Day 3.
Scotty wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:27 pm [VOTE: Elo] aubergine

I think her buddy Colin saved her yesterday and my suspicion hasn’t abated for her, so...one of them

Will take a look at voting patterns more tomorrow

I would avoid Quin altogether. I don’t think he’s bad unlesssssss he is the white bunny who can’t be lynched. That’s the only reason I would see for him to self vote at that point (I don’t remember how many votes he had in my reread)
During this phase, you did nothing with Colin prior to this vote. You didn't push for his lynch. You didn't talk about him. You may have done those things during Night 2, but that did not translate into a lynch effort at all. When you arrived to Day 3, you went straight to Elohcin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Rezz please

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

how's everyone doing? are you guys winning? does anyone want snacks
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Post by lapluie »

Marmot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 am Rezz please
This never gets old
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

lapluie wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:58 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 am Rezz please
This never gets old
:3

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

ITT zombie party! :yay: :lorab: :dance: :fiesta: :martini: :drums: :sax: :guitar:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh god. I'm sorry for fucking this up in advance.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well here we are. I still have two votes and Colin looming, and I'm still a civilian. Bury your tinfoil or lose the game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dizzy are you caught up? What are your thoughts? Are you reconsidering Jay or am I crazy? Tell me if I'm crazy. I can always move back to Scotty.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:00 am [VOTE: choutas] aubergine

Eyyyyyyyy boi
Scotty has made a meme of his own tendency to vote for low/non-posters on Day 1. So I checked the posting statuses of every player at the moment Scotty dumped this vote early in the day:

1 Choutas
5 JJJ
6 Quin
1 Charlie
2 nova
2 Kyle
2 MP
4 Colin
1 Scotty
5 Mac
1 wolbre

0 Dizzy
0 Floyd
0 lapluie
0 Elohcin

Four players had said nothing, and Choutas had said as much as Scotty himself (as well as wolbre and Charlie). Of these seven non-Scotty options who'd made 1 post or fewer, Scotty's vote went specifically to Choutas.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:18 am
Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 am Nova looks AOK to me, woodchuck chuckers. At least he’s asking question(s)!

Here’s a question: who else here has owned a rabbit before?
Was it a good question?
No, it was objectively self-fulfilling.
Scotty intervenes for some reason on the very early (literally page 1) suspicions Quin and I were throwing in nova's direction (TMI), and then when pressed to support his "AOK" assertion for nova he essentially declined it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:27 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:25 am I had fun once and it was awful
The problem is if you have too much fun, when you want to get involved with something serious, no one takes you seriously.

In theory.

In reality, I just get too serious too fast and no one takes me seriously anyway.

2 fast 2 serious
This isn't even softball, it's wiffel ball.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

wiffle? I've never had to spell that word before. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:25 am this game is so much more palatable atm than the job.

Let’s see...
JJJ and Quin are camels in a spitting match.
Mac makes some blanket statements that jjj is bad, as well wolbre
Marmot comes in (hi) and WIFOMs the shit out of everything.
Observations, not stances. Pointless.
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:25 amGotta admit. I don’t know what Mac specifically saw in calling out jjj, which raises my eyebrows but I especially don’t like how Marmot entered the game on his behalf.
Scotty doesn't know what Mac saw in calling me out, and instead of asking he just "raises the eyebrows".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 am That jjj got 3 votes so easily in the first half of day 1 and still is the leading Potential Rabbit (tm) leads me to believe that it’s too easy.

Especially nova’s vote.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Quin and jjj just got into a semantics despute. Nova’s vote is a thumb getting caught in a drawer
TMI

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:09 am [VOTE: TheFloyd] aubergine hasn’t checked in
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 am I see @lapluie hS also voted Floyd, for no discernible reason.

I know why I am there, does lap?
Scotty shading lapluie for her Floyd vote, implying there was a discernible reason for his own Floyd vote. The man had no posts!

BS.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Fine fine let's do what we should have done days ago [VOTE: scotty] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:14 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:09 am I'm moving my vote to Jay for now.

[VOTE: JAGGEDJIMMYJAY] aubergine

I'm not sure I've been in this position much before, where I absolutely hate the other votes on a wagon and yet think it is the best place for my vote. :haha:
Im perplexed- if you hate the other votes are you saying you hate the reasons they gave and not necessarily find the other people suspicious or you just happen to find the other people suspicious and are disregarding that fact because you find jjj’s iso scummy independent from other factors?
I want y'all to read this post out loud, with your actual voices, and try to make it sound authentic.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:18 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am Wait, did Elo never actually vote Jay? That's odd.
Oh ho. So really, there should be 5 votes on JJJ.

Yeah, I’m avoidig this train like hot fire. Way too easy

@G-Man is it possible to update everyone’s ISO when you get a chance? Everyone has posted but Floyd
Yes. You are.

Scotty has not actually assessed me at this point. He has assessed the pressure on me, but not me. He is conscious of reading climate more than reading people.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm
lapluie wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:10 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 am I see @lapluie hS also voted Floyd, for no discernible reason.

I know why I am there, does lap?
Yes sir I do. :nicenod:
Would you like to share with the class?
"Please, lapluie, tell me all about the thought process which has led you to vote for the same zero-poster that I have voted for."

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 pm I missed EoD but I ain’t mad choutas got the axe.

As long as y’all got off JJJ :beer:
:suspish:

Oh, G-Man hasn't posted the Choutas flip yet, better grab my credit crumbs.

But what's really important is that JJJ is alive. :rolleyes:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]nutella[/mention], could you describe in some kinds of specifics what it was that you saw in Charlie's posts which inspired your Moment of Clarity and civilian read on him?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Charlie Blackmon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:10 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 am Something fascinating has just happened to me. It has actually happened to me before, but now that I'm noticing it again I am rather intrigued by its effect. What just happened is that I abruptly and confidently called Charlinosis bad, had a back-and-forth with him about it and looked at his ISO to explore my suspicion, and I came out just now deciding that I town read him. Actually pretty dang strongly at the moment. I guess it's just that it took the motive of looking for suspicious things (but again needing to have not too much confirmation bias for this to work) in order for me to actually go into his ISO and realize that I saw most of it in a pretty good light. It was partially the ISO and partially his responses in the moment that convinced me to change my view.

The strange thing, however, is that the other time I am thinking of that a similar thing happened was with Elohcin in U-Pick, and she turned out to be bad. Granted, my confidence on her civ-ness didn't stay very strong; I'll just have to wait and see what happens with Charlie Brown here but I hope I am not similarly fooled. At the moment I am feeling confident enough that his ISO looks civ that I believe this is a quite different situation from what happened with Elohcin in the other game.

Perhaps I should try to do this with other players and see if it works. If I go in assuming they're bad, and I come out of an ISO unable to sustain that, I'm on my way to a foolproof PoE.

Anyway, Epi isn't bad.
I want to know how genuine people think this is.
My initial perspective was that it looked genuine, because I have experienced that myself -- one of my most common means of deriving civilian reads on others is by attacking them harshly, going through an extended argument, and then determining that they're authentic. I've had some recent examples with dunya, Golden, and yourself. I tend to go through this process earlier in the game though (as in Day 1 early), and it serves as a starting point more than a concluding point for a read. I need to know more about the specific inspiration.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:45 pm nutella, could you describe in some kinds of specifics what it was that you saw in Charlie's posts which inspired your Moment of Clarity and civilian read on him?
I don't really remember if there were specific posts that did it but more of a general vibe of sincerity and original thoughts that sometimes went against the grain rather than with the flow. When I went into it suspecting him I thought I would find that he hung back and didn't say much, but I found that he had actually contributed a decent amount of content that had for some reason just not stuck in my mind as I read the thread as a whole
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:58 pm
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:10 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 am Something fascinating has just happened to me. It has actually happened to me before, but now that I'm noticing it again I am rather intrigued by its effect. What just happened is that I abruptly and confidently called Charlinosis bad, had a back-and-forth with him about it and looked at his ISO to explore my suspicion, and I came out just now deciding that I town read him. Actually pretty dang strongly at the moment. I guess it's just that it took the motive of looking for suspicious things (but again needing to have not too much confirmation bias for this to work) in order for me to actually go into his ISO and realize that I saw most of it in a pretty good light. It was partially the ISO and partially his responses in the moment that convinced me to change my view.

The strange thing, however, is that the other time I am thinking of that a similar thing happened was with Elohcin in U-Pick, and she turned out to be bad. Granted, my confidence on her civ-ness didn't stay very strong; I'll just have to wait and see what happens with Charlie Brown here but I hope I am not similarly fooled. At the moment I am feeling confident enough that his ISO looks civ that I believe this is a quite different situation from what happened with Elohcin in the other game.

Perhaps I should try to do this with other players and see if it works. If I go in assuming they're bad, and I come out of an ISO unable to sustain that, I'm on my way to a foolproof PoE.

Anyway, Epi isn't bad.
I want to know how genuine people think this is.
My initial perspective was that it looked genuine, because I have experienced that myself -- one of my most common means of deriving civilian reads on others is by attacking them harshly, going through an extended argument, and then determining that they're authentic. I've had some recent examples with dunya, Golden, and yourself. I tend to go through this process earlier in the game though (as in Day 1 early), and it serves as a starting point more than a concluding point for a read. I need to know more about the specific inspiration.
Well I wasn't here day 1 or day 2 :p I decided to investigate him because I hadn't really looked at him yet and the thoughts I did have about him were negative, but when I went to look for more I found a much better looking ISO than I expected.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:33 pm Fine fine let's do what we should have done days ago [VOTE: scotty] aubergine
What pushed you over?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:00 pm Well I wasn't here day 1 or day 2 :p
True.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]nutella[/mention], how much does this mean to you if anything:
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:31 pm Are you fucking kidding me
Can you please end my misery and tell me if you’re scum or not? I need to sleep.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 pm:clap:
Or you can tell me. I deserve it.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 pm I fucking knew it! I had posts written up begging for people to move to Marmot, but I’m too afraid to be wrong. Fuck.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:01 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:33 pm Fine fine let's do what we should have done days ago [VOTE: scotty] aubergine
What pushed you over?
Mostly the fact that I've slept and started a new day and feel a bit more clarity/less recklessness regarding my suspicion of you. Your quotes of a few super-fake-looking Scotty posts have helped as well.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:56 amI’ll reevaluate you if we have to. From what I saw in my read back, your defense of Colin was so egregious and it looked to me like you were trying to save him. I acknowledge that this could have been just confused civ behavior
Are you for real? I was bashing my head thinking BOTH looked terrible. I was not focusing on defending one over the other, I was focused on making up my own mind about the issue, trying to make the right decision. I thought I had made the right decision (though the lynch was wrong) after the fact for Marmot's fucking clap post and Colin saying he was town. You were the one actually coming up with points against Marmot and voting Marmot. That is active defense and sway in thread. I was making up my own mind because it was hell. This isn't flying at all.
Quick question:
In your response to Marmot's clap you still appear uncertain -- you're asking for the answer. Does this mesh with the highlighted portion above?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I wonder if people hate dying before me in games, because I must absolutely flood them with notifications when I review post histories. XD

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:05 pm nutella, how much does this mean to you if anything:
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:31 pm Are you fucking kidding me
Can you please end my misery and tell me if you’re scum or not? I need to sleep.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 pm I fucking knew it! I had posts written up begging for people to move to Marmot, but I’m too afraid to be wrong. Fuck.
Not much, I think it could easily be genuine or it could not be but I'm leaning that it is. I don't think they'd say the thing about having posts written up about Marmot if they were bad
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One thing I think is good for Dizzy is that Quin and I both speculated about them being the last dentist, and I don't recall anyone opposing that notion. Dizzy's fiercest enemy has been Scotty, but that relates to other points.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:19 pm One thing I think is good for Dizzy is that Quin and I both speculated about them being the last dentist, and I don't recall anyone opposing that notion. Dizzy's fiercest enemy has been Scotty, but that relates to other points.
Scotty, you are fierce. Like Tyra Banks.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:08 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:56 amI’ll reevaluate you if we have to. From what I saw in my read back, your defense of Colin was so egregious and it looked to me like you were trying to save him. I acknowledge that this could have been just confused civ behavior
Are you for real? I was bashing my head thinking BOTH looked terrible. I was not focusing on defending one over the other, I was focused on making up my own mind about the issue, trying to make the right decision. I thought I had made the right decision (though the lynch was wrong) after the fact for Marmot's fucking clap post and Colin saying he was town. You were the one actually coming up with points against Marmot and voting Marmot. That is active defense and sway in thread. I was making up my own mind because it was hell. This isn't flying at all.
Quick question:
In your response to Marmot's clap you still appear uncertain -- you're asking for the answer. Does this mesh with the highlighted portion above?
It doesn’t work in a straight line. Especially at that point. If I see a clap post I don’t immediately have the full and total scope of what that means to me. I just wanted someone to tell me at that point.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]Scotty[/mention] you should catch up.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I sadly have social obligations right now. I’ll be around in like a couple of hours and through to day end
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:27 pm So since she did come back from D1 with her stern eye and such (giving a useless off wagon vote to colin, if you remember) to deliver the “I think Colin is town and I only did that to exaggerate a read and get a rise out of him”, how can you even call it “nice”.
That's the point I made. The Day 1 posts look nice in isolation, but when the progression beyond that point is assessed the credibility is lost.
So I can’t tell whether or not you actually find it suspicious. I think you do, but I’m seeing 2 perspectives
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”