Retrocausality Mafia - ENDGAME: A Reprieve in the Desert

Moderator: Community Team

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 353
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Night 4: That's No Moon; That's a Canvas

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 am It's Kyle. I'm like 95% sure. Two scum left = Epi and Kyle.
bad news, it turns out it's suddenly illegal to accuse me late game based on nothing? the real life police are coming to take you to real life jail as we speak.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 592

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 am It's Kyle. I'm like 95% sure. Two scum left = Epi and Kyle.
bad news, it turns out it's suddenly illegal to accuse me late game based on nothing? the real life police are coming to take you to real life jail as we speak.
I dunno, worked out for the civs last time.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If it makes you feel better it's because I feel like you have been blendy the entire game. Every person who has said you are playing the same as U-Pick is right. It's a carbon copy.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:30 am Colin don't you get a double vote if you win?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:34 amIf it makes you feel better it's because I feel like you have been blendy the entire game. Every person who has said you are playing the same as U-Pick is right. It's a carbon copy.
yeah but that's bullshit and ignores every single other game where I've played the exact same way. this isn't new.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:34 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:31 am
I dunno, worked out for the civs last time.
i was lynched in u pick cus of juliets cop-work, that's different. I'm talking about games like ancient greece.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:49 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:34 amIf it makes you feel better it's because I feel like you have been blendy the entire game. Every person who has said you are playing the same as U-Pick is right. It's a carbon copy.
yeah but that's bullshit and ignores every single other game where I've played the exact same way. this isn't new.
Yeah but it's fresh meta and is relevant despite what you say.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

okay and you decided this on your own? you've decided what meta is relevant and what meta isn't cus you're mac, and that's your like your job or something?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

point any one thing out about upick that's relatable to my gameplay here but not also relatable to every other game I've played in my entire life then you can come over and talk to me about "fresh meta"

I've put effort into following my instincts in these games, doing my best to solve shit cus i want speedchuck's top spot, don't put that cheap garbage in my mailbox just cus you don't know where else to put it.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 215

Post by Spacedaisy »

No Colin you can't win the election tonight, you are caught in PoE.

I'd like to submit Juliets for the Election.

She is universally trusted and unlikely to die since she has no night power to speak of any longer. Which reminds me, if we still have a doctor out there consider me please. II am nearing the end of my usefulness but I have one more trick up my sleeve.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets asked to be made into a killing machine in rimworld and I've never respected her more

Juliets for time president, 2020
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:22 am juliets asked to be made into a killing machine in rimworld and I've never respected her more

Juliets for time president, 2020
That's what happens when you recruit a psychopath.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

oops
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Juliets thenfor the poll yeah?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Yes [votejuliets[/vote]
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Thanks you guys, this happens to be Golden's submission so I am happy if elected.

Epi, so you are saying you're not a doctor? Why did you say earlier you are a doctor? What are you then?

I'm very surprised about sig because here, he universally is accepted as bad but his voting for Mac says otherwise.

[mention]Golden[/mention], Moobyworld was exactly my thought too!

Mac, I'm glad to see someone else sees U-Pick when they look at Kyle. Kyle I hear what you're saying about your meta and maybe I should look at another game. Can you name one where you were civ?

I have work again today so I'll be back this afternoon and then I will need to vote tomorrow if I live tonight because I will be enroute to the lake on Friday and not sure I'll get there before EOD and many times the internet doesn't work immediately when we get there. Good news is EOD will be at 10 instead of 11 cause I'm changing time zones so maybe I will be able to keep my eyes open that long, lol!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:57 am okay and you decided this on your own? you've decided what meta is relevant and what meta isn't cus you're mac, and that's your like your job or something?
On a completely different subject I'm a civ stump all but confirmed and I'm telling you tomorrow is lylo and rather than find bad guys you're just posting rubbish like this.

I'm a pragmatic guy. Show me the civ in there Kyle. Give us some civ effort. Colin and Sprityo have your measure there so far. You can't just cruise through the end game and expect your faction to win, Mafia or civ.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 am point any one thing out about upick that's relatable to my gameplay here but not also relatable to every other game I've played in my entire life then you can come over and talk to me about "fresh meta"

I've put effort into following my instincts in these games, doing my best to solve shit cus i want speedchuck's top spot, don't put that cheap garbage in my mailbox just cus you don't know where else to put it.
This is probably your driving interest here I have no doubt. Given you have inspiration to win this game as you've indicated the question to ask yourselves my time vandal bretheren is which of our best Kyle are we seeing. Is this Kyle's red hot civ effort, or his red hot Mafia effort? I think when you analyse it as such it's a pretty interesting realisation one finds themselves having.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You are asking quite a lot of me Kyle, to ignore the clear distinctions to draw between here and your U-Pick performance (which was a great Mafia effort with the same reward on display for you there as here), and go and seek out civ games, analyse them and push aside my suspicions of you on that basis. Perhaps, given you want the win so much and you say you are a civ, you would in fact do a courtesy to make said task easier for me, rather than asking something that you probably know I won't do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:18 am No Colin you can't win the election tonight, you are caught in PoE.

She is universally trusted and unlikely to die since she has no night power to speak of any longer. Which reminds me, if we still have a doctor out there consider me please. II am nearing the end of my usefulness but I have one more trick up my sleeve.
The consideration as it pertains to Colin is that if he is telling the truth and he gets a double vote should he correctly predict an election then ensuring his prediction is correct might be our only way to not lose the game tonight should the Mafia be Epignosis, Kyle and Sprityo or some other combination of three (including you, I still don't know what this confirmation gambit you claim you're going to present to me is).

Should he be telling the truth and he is in fact bad, doing so almost guarantees we lose the game because I am rather certain there are two Mafia left alive right now.

Not taking the chance that he is town runs the risk of us losing the game now.

I don't think there are three Mafia left though. I would say the chances are something like 70 percent likely there are 2, 25 percent likely there is 1 and 5 percent likely there is 3.

But I also don't think Colin is bad. I have been on his page for a lot of the game, and his defenses and effort has been sound. Golden was right that he was oppositional towards many lynches though ... which is definitely a common thing a good and involved scum player will do whether they are defending teammates or civilians.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis, does any of my Kyle analysis move you?
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:18 am No Colin you can't win the election tonight, you are caught in PoE.

Yeah I know I wouldn’t win lol. Juliets is the smartest choice.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hmmm food for thought Mac re Colin.

Colin, sorry if I missed this but who is on your potential baddie list at this time?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:18 am

So you have not correctly predicted an election once? Turnip Head found the same conditions so easy he managed to do it within 3 elections.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:20 am

So you have not correctly predicted an election once? Turnip Head found the same conditions so easy he managed to do it within 3 elections.
Yep ... I picked people all on the wrong days I guess. I trusted you and picked you one night, Scotty when I should have said Golden, Epi night 1 I think, just a bunch of guesses really. Don’t know how TH did it aside from rallying everyone to it and them listening.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:23 am

Yep ... I picked people all on the wrong days I guess. I trusted you and picked you one night, Scotty when I should have said Golden, Epi night 1 I think, just a bunch of guesses really. Don’t know how TH did it aside from rallying everyone to it and them listening.
I am not sure that Turnip Head pushed it much. Every candidate he guessed with the exception of me seemed to naturally get the nod. Are you saying that you predicted yourself tonight? How could you have expected to win this vote given the suspicion of you?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:18 am Hmmm food for thought Mac re Colin.

Colin, sorry if I missed this but who is on your potential baddie list at this time?
When Mac asked me for town reads it kinda went in order so it would be sprit, Kyle, and Epignosis. I was skeptical of the town core for a little bit (mostly because of Golden) but it doesn’t make sense to be.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Analysing who is bad out of the remaining POE is obviously challenged given we have no flips to look at.

I am putting together an analysis that scores on a few factors. Hopefully it points at someone.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:25 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:23 am

I am not sure that Turnip Head pushed it much. Every candidate he guessed with the exception of me seemed to naturally get the nod. Are you saying that you predicted yourself tonight? How could you have expected to win this vote given the suspicion of you?
No I totally didn’t predict myself. In fact I forgot to send in my prediction so I don’t know who it randomized to.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That seems unfair. Speedchuck didn't tell you who it randomised to so you don't get a chance to push that direction?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:27 am That seems unfair. Speedchuck didn't tell you who it randomised to so you don't get a chance to push that direction?
Well, I don’t think he’s awake yet/looking at the site.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:28 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:27 am That seems unfair. Speedchuck didn't tell you who it randomised to so you don't get a chance to push that direction?
Well, I don’t think he’s awake yet/looking at the site.
At what point do you submit your prediction?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin you say you trusted me and picked me one night, you picked me on night one, at what point did you start trusting me?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Before EOD. It wouldn’t make sense to submit one during the Night since I could just look at the poll every time
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:31 am Colin you say you trusted me and picked me one night, you picked me on night one, at what point did you start trusting me?
No I think I picked Epi Night 1 and sorta prodded him but didn’t want to out myself yet. I started trusting you probably right around then. I have tried to stay away from picking people that I didn’t feel decent about since it’d be a kinda win-win if I was right
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:31 am Colin you say you trusted me and picked me one night, you picked me on night one, at what point did you start trusting me?
No I think I picked Epi Night 1 and sorta prodded him but didn’t want to out myself yet. I started trusting you probably right around then. I have tried to stay away from picking people that I didn’t feel decent about since it’d be a kinda win-win if I was right
Sorry, you voted for me night one instead of for sig or Golden. But you picked Epi night one?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:33 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:33 am
Sorry, you voted for me night one instead of for sig or Golden. But you picked Epi night one?
Yeah I felt pretty good at him at the start of the game.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

*about
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think it is interesting that the night votes have ended up being relatively one way streets. There weren't many night polls where one candidate didn't get unanimously voted for, which means the Mafia were at best not willing to push against them.

After a little analysis I have come back around on sig being bad. In the interest of solving the game it's easier to assume that he was and I seem to be relatively alone in thinking he was civ so I will defer to my betters and analyse as though he was bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin, if you are Mafia, well done. You have fooled me.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am Colin, if you are Mafia, well done. You have fooled me.
Maybe next time :feb:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am quite confident Lapluie and Lunalee were both bad. Sig, well I'm going to assume so. We should try to analyse their interactions with those not in the POE, ie. Epignosis, Kyle, Sprityo/Choutas and Colin.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Day 3: Time to kick back and rewiiiind

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:01 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:41 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:53 pm just read through her iso, lapluie's posts don't ping me much at all. her tone seems genuine and i trust hee
kyle, to be blunt about this. there's nothing to be pinged about. there's genuine posts....about nothing. it's like looking at a blank piece of paper and saying "this doesnt look bad, and i like the color. so it's a good work of art."

im bad at metaphors but that's how im interpreting the above
You're bad at similes.

You're also bad.
Epi where do you currently stand on sprityo?

How would you rank Sprityo, Kyle and Colin in terms of bad to good?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Day 4: The Iliad was Lost to Time

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:44 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:42 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:26 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:06 pm Colonialbob is available to replace Lapluie, albeit at low effort since he won't be around at certain times.

I am uncertain whether to do this or just let things run their course.
The fact that you're asking confirms lapluie is bad. Let us lynch her.
Flawed logic at its finest
The fact that you just said "flawed logic at its finest" says plenty.
You appear to have consistent suspicions of sprityo. Do they remain? Is he who you would lynch tomorrow?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis pushed against the sig lynch but was one of the main people pushing for both Lunalee and Lapluie. He looks good from the interactions.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Day 2: Sig puts his John Hancock down

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:54 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:45 pm
sig wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:28 pm
sig wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:25 pm Kyle's posts have been mainly fluff or interacting with/around Daisy. I like his Daisy posts, but mafia can civ read people so NAI. Though if one is mafia i'd look closely at the other.
Strongly reading Spacedaisy as town at this point. Kyle not so much.
Why
Why not?

Spacedaisy seems like her usual self and her opinions have been largely rational in an OTT townie way.

Kyle has been blendy and is giving me the impression he is posting less than he could be ie. hiding.
how much do you think i could be posting? are there some sort of really important day 1 mystery topics that require my exact personal input, mac?
You have a habit of getting reeeally prickly when I suspect you don't you? What is it about me that has that effect on you?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:23 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:07 am God damn it

what theme are you using? why is it baby blue
Just relocated that old post of mine and will note that two of them are still alive.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:27 am um.... do we know what the elections actually do
If sig is bad and he is his partner, is this a question he asks in order to seem uninformed? At this point sig has got his item so if he is Mafia, his teammates know what the night elections do. It's a mildly good look imo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If anything Kylemii looks better than Epi for interactions as he was pushing the candidates and also had it in for sig from the get go.

In this game there is little value in bussing given it's challenging at best, impossible at worst to actually reap the credibility from nailing scum. In this game the scum are likely to be more confident in protecting each other and counterwagoning.

This makes me reconsider the alignment of Lapluie and to a lesser extent Lunalee. There is little value in scum not trying to push another wagon on that day, they wouldn't have much to answer for and if anything could have looked civilian for the effort of being discerning.

This game is so fucking hard to analyse with any methodology. It's almost better just looking for slips, tone and contradiction.

Return to “Previous Jobs”