Shepherd Book's Hair (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 7]

Post by Golden »

He might be town. He might be bad. Enrique interactions were a good look on him, though. It’s just one piece of a puzzle.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 4]

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:05 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:04 pm It looks like to me that the Bonnie Mac, after accusing us of not considering each other, are not considering their own.
I’m considering DDL. But I do think he’s put in substantial effort to solve the game which is something that I’m not seeing from anyone else.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 pm If we're going to consider a DFaraday-Sokoth partnership:

DFaraday had a post Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:02 pm (EST).

His next post was Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:44 pm (EST).

That's a good three days apart.

The Saturday post was this one:
DFaraday wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:44 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:06 am I’m inclined to vote DDL, but am I wrong to to think Sokoth doth protest too much in that initial big post?
That was my initial thought too. Sokoth's response felt weirdly disproportionate to Nova's post, with shades of NO U too. Also him making a point of Nova already putting a vote on him today when votes are changeable reads like he's trying to make Nova look shadier than warranted.

I do agree with DH that DDL was pretty wishy-washy early on, which I hate to admit since our crew is already lagging behind the rest.

I'm not really clear on what the case on Wilgy even is.
It was his first mention of Sokoth, and he was quoting Colin.

Colin's post was dated Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:06 am (EST).

++++

That means there were four hours and thirty-eight minutes between Colin's post and DFaraday's post, which quoted it.

DFaraday's Wednesday post was #484.

DFaraday's Saturday post was #1090.

That means there were three days and 606 posts between DFaraday's Wednesday post and his Saturday post.

And you're telling me that out of 606 posts, the one DFaraday quotes is the one that mentions Sokoth, a player I don't think he's ever played with before? A post that was made over four hours before he made his?

Y'all check my math and shit.

Meanwhile, DFaraday is getting my vote.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:37 pm The only reason I'd lynch Golden today is pure schadenfreude, and that's not enough to move me there.

I equally think lynching Turnip Head is a bad choice.

DDL has attained a level of, "Well, that sounds about right for a civilian DDL" that I'm unwilling to move there today.

I retain some suspicion of nutella and speedchuck, but not enough to try to move the masses there.

sig is now juliets, so that's a hard pass for today.

MacDougall's "efforts" don't really pass the smell test, but he falls into the same camp as nutella and speedchuck.

Glorfindel.

This might be the shittiest poll I've seen.

At least Enrique is on it. :grin:
:|
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And also I hate your paraphrase. Its fundamentally a lie about what I said and you’re turning it into something it never was.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets replaced Glorf, so I'm not voting there.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:18 pm BTW what exactly is the problem with me not backing of TH ‘like I said I would’ (I didn’t) anyway. Can’t I change my mind?

Your wholebehaviour towards TH is a massive part about what I really dislike about you. It’s pocketing so blatantly. Unlike you and juliets, I still don’t see any reason to hold TH in the high esteem you do.
For fucks sake he told us his role in the ship and we have every reason to believe it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epi, I just pulled on you what you pulled on me and I was pissed about in retrocausality. That ‘effort’ word. My apologies.

I’m not minimising anyone else’s contribution but DDLs interaction posts represent for me a very significant time investment and I think they look good. Do you disagree with that?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:21 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:18 pm BTW what exactly is the problem with me not backing of TH ‘like I said I would’ (I didn’t) anyway. Can’t I change my mind?

Your wholebehaviour towards TH is a massive part about what I really dislike about you. It’s pocketing so blatantly. Unlike you and juliets, I still don’t see any reason to hold TH in the high esteem you do.
For fucks sake he told us his role in the ship and we have every reason to believe it.
His role? What do you mean? As far as I’m aware there is no such thing as a role tied to affiliation.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:23 pm

His role? What do you mean? As far as I’m aware there is no such thing as a role tied to affiliation.
All of the main protagonists of the show have been civs. He is one of the main protagonists.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 96
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:07 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:04 pm It looks like to me that the Bonnie Mac, after accusing us of not considering each other, are not considering their own.
Juliets I haven’t really seen you express a view on Nutella. What do you think about her?
The way the whole thing about the store stock went down in the ship thread last night I thought made nutella look civ. You guys have painted that as a move scum would make but the way it flowed, who said what and when made her look civ in my eyes. I'm not 100% sure of her but GTH I land on civ.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:24 pm

All of the main protagonists of the show have been civs. He is one of the main protagonists.
Read the opening post under ‘general info’

This is the biggest bullshit reason to trust someone. The mechanics cannot break the balance of the game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:26 pm

This is the biggest bullshit reason to trust someone. The mechanics cannot break the balance of the game.
Ah I did miss that. Okay. I have enough reason otherwise to think he is town but that makes it less of a lock.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Of course you guys put Golden as one of the lynch options. Now I have to finish the Enrique thing.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Ah I did miss that. Okay. I have enough reason otherwise to think he is town but that makes it less of a lock.
tfw u make an oopsie and TH is bad.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'ma feel really dumb if he's bad lmao. I really really think he is not though. Unless epi is his teammate, he picked all civs for his crew, and the thing with Colin and how money has been exchanged was so pro-town.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Didn’t you play u pick where I argued my role had to be town because of how I wrote it and that whole balance convo played out about how it would only be fair if it was random?

I can’t tell for sure right now if you’re being deliberately obtuse or if this is real.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:32 pm I'ma feel really dumb if he's bad lmao. I really really think he is not though. Unless epi is his teammate, he picked all civs for his crew, and the thing with Colin and how money has been exchanged was so pro-town.
Goddamn what kinda sumbitch would put all civs on his team

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

My role has nothing to do with this tbh, it didnt really need to be mentioned here cuz I didn't claim it in like a claimy kind of way. Anyways nutella is currently seeing the same side of Golden that I faced earlier, where every point you make is met with "absolutely not, and here's why you're wrong" followed by a reimagining of events. Golden was voting for me and pushing hard for my lynch and then suddenly he switched to Enrique and said "if Enrique is bad I don't think th is". And then he went right back to me. That is a real thing that happened in the game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I literally only realized his role claim made him look town like last night though, and up until then I had already been sold on his townieness. I'd still be absolutely blindsided if he's bad. Id have been played like a fucking violin .
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:32 pm I'ma feel really dumb if he's bad lmao. I really really think he is not though. Unless epi is his teammate, he picked all civs for his crew, and the thing with Colin and how money has been exchanged was so pro-town.
I dunno anything about that stuff. But none of it untrue of me. So far none of my crew are bad. I gave juliets back money that was hers. All the things you say for why TH is town I’ve done as well and you ignore it or don’t care or dismiss it as different for unknown reasons. And while I am civ doing this, is there any reason I’d have acted differently if bad? I don’t think so.

This is what I struggle with. It feels like you are trying to manufacture reasons to town read TH and scum read me, but the reasons don’t make sense.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:34 pm My role has nothing to do with this tbh, it didnt really need to be mentioned here cuz I didn't claim it in like a claimy kind of way. Anyways nutella is currently seeing the same side of Golden that I faced earlier, where every point you make is met with "absolutely not, and here's why you're wrong" followed by a reimagining of events. Golden was voting for me and pushing hard for my lynch and then suddenly he switched to Enrique and said "if Enrique is bad I don't think th is". And then he went right back to me. That is a real thing that happened in the game.
You tried to force me to give you an item.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I may or may not disappear before the day ends for RL reasons.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:34 pm My role has nothing to do with this tbh, it didnt really need to be mentioned here cuz I didn't claim it in like a claimy kind of way. Anyways nutella is currently seeing the same side of Golden that I faced earlier, where every point you make is met with "absolutely not, and here's why you're wrong" followed by a reimagining of events. Golden was voting for me and pushing hard for my lynch and then suddenly he switched to Enrique and said "if Enrique is bad I don't think th is". And then he went right back to me. That is a real thing that happened in the game.
I have not gone right back to you.

FFS you two are a tag team
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:34 pm
You tried to force me to give you an item.
Forced is a strong word imo. I playfully asked for it and you declined
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

If TH is bad I will fully embrace my identity as a gullible-ass basic bitch
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Lmao nutella

Yun Qui 4eva tbqh
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:42 pm If TH is bad I will fully embrace my identity as a gullible-ass basic bitch
I don’t know that I even think TH is bad right now but I know not. I’m trying to sort if you are. TH might be the gullible-ass basic bitch under your thumb.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I mean I know I’m not*
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And no golden you haven't done all the same things, afaik you didn't do the same thing he did with Colin.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

We are srs about hunting baddies and r def not playin tribal crew games lol .
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:43 pm Lmao nutella

Yun Qui 4eva tbqh

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:44 pm And no golden you haven't done all the same things, afaik you didn't do the same thing he did with Colin.
How would you know what I’ve done with my crew? The only reason I know what TH and Colin did was you said it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yun qui was not meant to be understood by the outside world
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ayo fam join me in killing TH.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:48 pm Yun qui was not meant to be understood by the outside world
That’s what has bothered me for days.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The Colin thing also convinced me he was town when a back-read it in the ship thread.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: when I* back-read...

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nutella could obviously be pocketing me but I don't know why she would waste such tremendous energy to do so. All in all I've been a pretty mediocre captain despite my best efforts, but she's stuck with me through thick and thin.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

At the end of the day I have to ignore all your in-crew trust and just vote for who I think looks most likely to be bad. For all the accusations of how it could be anti-town, right now is when we risk that coming true. It’s no better to base our mistrust on it as our trust. We should be basing it on stuff like teammate interactions etc, not mechanics.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:22 pm Epi, I just pulled on you what you pulled on me and I was pissed about in retrocausality. That ‘effort’ word. My apologies.

I’m not minimising anyone else’s contribution but DDLs interaction posts represent for me a very significant time investment and I think they look good. Do you disagree with that?
No worries.

I don't care how much time someone sinks into something. If I have time to sink into this, I'll sink it. I don't, so I'm not. DDL apparently has time. It doesn't mean anything to me.

I don't foresee myself voting him today for other reasons I named, but as things progress, I'd say he's still on my list of people I would vote for, but it isn't anything I'd feel great about doing.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Voting TH cuz now there's a tie my dudes

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

News flash:
Nothing anybody did with money is "pro-town" because money doesn't mean shit when it comes to figuring out who is bad and who isn't.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:59 pm
News flash:
Nothing anybody did with money is "pro-town" because money doesn't mean shit when it comes to figuring out who is bad and who isn't.
It does though. There were info items and shit.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm Voting TH cuz now there's a tie my dudes
You are so sleeping on the couch tonight
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Is the following statement true?

DDL and Epignosis are the only two who are examining the content of dead mafia and trying to sort out who is bad.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:02 pm Is the following statement true?

DDL and Epignosis are the only two who are examining the content of dead mafia and trying to sort out who is bad.
:shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

:puppy:
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm Voting TH cuz now there's a tie my dudes
We could be one mislynch away from lylo or mylo. I don’t think this is the time to vote a way to create a tie.

Why TH over Nutella? Right now I think nut looks worse.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:02 pm Is the following statement true?

That might be true right now. I’ve looked in the other direction.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:04 pm :puppy:
We could be one mislynch away from lylo or mylo. I don’t think this is the time to vote a way to create a tie.

Why TH over Nutella? Right now I think nut looks worse.
I dunno man yall are freaking me out so I'm like why not.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I dunno how that emoji got in there lol I’m not feeling... whatever that is.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi I even commented on your shit, if you think there's something I missed please let me know
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So here’s the thing crystallising in my head.

The reason I know what the rules say under general ino is I need to know to solve the game. The reason nutella didn’t know is that she didn’t need to know.

I also thing all the teammate interactions are there. My iso was pretty clear - others should try it. I’d put the odds at 80% out of that

Return to “Previous Jobs”