Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Turnip Head »

Yes
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:41 pm speedchuck You were right to barf when Bullzeye feigned interest in a Nova wagon. That was the first post that made me think he and Luna were connected. Case looks thorough, I hope it gets the clicks.
:doh:
speedchuck wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:02 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 pm Still down for a Nova wagon if there's enough people who would lynch him over Sloonei and/or Luna
Part of me wants to see where Sloonei vs Luna goes but if there's a better option then why not. What makes you want a Nova lynch?
Barf. j/k
.... TURNIP HEAD WROTE:
Still down for a Nova wagon if there's enough people who would lynch him over Sloonei and/or Luna

I don't disagree with you, but, uh wot?

linki: :|
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah dude it was bait, look at my next post
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pmYes
I felt like your comment about Nova was an attempt to repeat the chaos of Day 1's ending and try to get heat off either Luna, Sloonei, or both (definitely Luna in hindsight) with a cfd onto someone you saw as an easy target. That's why I replied to it at all.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:43 pm ill look at speedchuck's bullzeye big post during lunch tomorrow after work. I see TH accepts it, but i want to hear from my other personal town core players about it too (DH and Dyslexicon)
Today's a bit busy for ya boi, but I'll peruse it directly and get back to you on this when I can.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:51 pm Yeah dude it was bait, look at my next post
So it was.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:55 pm
I felt like your comment about Nova was an attempt to repeat the chaos of Day 1's ending and try to get heat off either Luna, Sloonei, or both (definitely Luna in hindsight) with a cfd onto someone you saw as an easy target. That's why I replied to it at all.
So you baited a baiter. You are the master baiter.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 323
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:00 pm You are the master baiter.
:disappoint:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:37 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:30 pm I'm very interested to hear more about how I'm suddenly such a baddie.
I’m interested in you being interested in other things.
Same.
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm Yeah but Simon was lynched over Marmot despite the tie, we don't know the behind the scenes thought process that went into that move but it would seem like they knew they had enough votes.
What makes you think that?
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:00 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:55 pm
So you baited a baiter. You are the master baiter.
:sigh:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 320

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 5]

Post by Dyslexicon »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:23 am oh and @Dyslexicon
Can we just talk about how Sprit forgot to tag me when he wanted to see who could participate in the GTH game? This was not late in the day. And how he also automatically assumed mafia was the one imprisoning? Can we?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:17 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:23 am oh and Dyslexicon
Can we just talk about how Sprit forgot to tag me when he wanted to see who could participate in the GTH game? This was not late in the day. And how he also automatically assumed mafia was the one imprisoning? Can we?
I'm down.

I built a whole suspishion post on Sprityo and didn't get much out of it, but that's an interesting addition.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:02 pm First part is notable now that Luna has flipped scum. Bullzeye was very cautious about commenting on that (LC) case.

Second part is an okay response to an actual problem.
If I seemed cautious about the LC case it's because I was. I thought it was both a great point and obviously wrong at the same time.

speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:19 pm Analysis post part 1:
Bullzeye gives his reason for voting Quin. He dislikes Quin's questions, and even after Quin provides a valid response, Bullzeye responds with basically "I'm going to say your response looks fake because I'm so set on voting for you." Not the best look.
This is such a generic criticism that it could be applied to nearly every vote in nearly every game ever. The majority of votes happen because one person suspects another and that person's responses don't satisfy the accuser. What one person finds valid, another might not. I didn't find his explanation believable. :shrug:
Distancing? I've seen scummers throw bad suspicions on each other for easy refutation.
This is the first thing that made me want to vote Luna, I just didn't wanna NO U her. Can't exactly prove that now so you'll just have to take my word for it.
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:06 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:07 am
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:56 am Just checking in before work, love how I’m being set up for an easy bandwagon by a bunch of people who know nothing about me. I also don’t see how it’s okay to point out someone is online and reading the thread when their activity is set to hidden. I often check from my phone and hate posting from it so tend not to, and specifically chose to not show as online so that people couldn’t act like that means anything.
Does not knowing you invalidate the suspicion? I admit I know nothing about you or your play style, but you do come across as suspicious to me. But more than that, I really want more content from you. What do you think of the votes on you? What's your take on Spoons? Who do you want to get lynched? All of it. When you have the time.
Your second post in the game was to vote for me and you seemed pretty confident in it at the time. The only real elaboration you gave is that I "write like scumz write". I don't remember if we've ever played a game together before (don't think so) but if we had you'd probably be able to tell that I just write like me. I don't really like being a civ because when I started playing I was either bad, eventually recruited, or an indy with btsc for my first 10 or so games. I learned to play as a baddie and by the time I got to be town for any significant length of time it was too late for me to learn to be anything but evil. I think like a baddie even when I'm not one. It's helpful in some ways, less so in others. Perhaps that's why you think I write like one but I feel like if you were a bit more familiar with me you'd probably think differently.

I'm not 100% on who Spoons is. I think maybe Sloonei based on context? I'm back and forth on him, I've had some bad vibes and some good ones. Could easily re-read and get a more solid opinion.
Another bit of tone suspicion from Dizzy, and a response.
I feel like there are more posts saying "I could do this later" and "I'll state some suspicions later" than posts with that actual content in them.
Yeah half the time I'm too busy to post and the other half I'm too lazy. :shrug: I'd care more if I felt like I had teammates I was letting down by not being around but when I'm civ I feel like I'm just invested in my own survival tbh. If I only let myself down, that's fine.
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:30 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:24 am
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:04 am I have a few ideas but I’m literally just about to leave for work so don’t have time to go into anything.
Throw some names out as soon as you get the chance. I'm not anywhere close to being set in stone with my reads.

Keep going back and forth on Sloonei, even, and I don't know if it's the emotional/meta card or a genuine tone from him.
I've gone back to Day One and am having a look over the last couple of hours of that lynch to see if anything useful can come out of that ridiculous mess. I had intended to do this yesterday but was too tired. There's a couple of people I feel mildly good about but that could change in an instant, I definitely don't have anyone I strongly believe to be a civ. On the other end of that spectrum most of my thoughts are based on vibes, hence why I'm going back over a few things. I'm willing to share the following thoughts for now, with more detailed opinions coming soon (ish, I don't know how long it will take me to read everything I want to).

I still don't 100% buy Quin's explanation of his recruitment comments and some of his responses to suspicion weren't too convincing but I don't feel strongly enough about that to make it my hill to die on. If something else pops up I'd be willing to come back to him but I'm not going to relentlessly pursue anyone at this point.

I've been having bad vibes from Jack all game but it could just be a tone thing, sometimes his attitude comes off a bit shady.

A quiet DFaraday is never a good thing in my experience so I'd like to see more from him. He's quite good at scheming from the shadows as I remember.

Similarly I feel like we should have heard a lot more from Dom by now. I can't remember if he mentioned being busy or anything though. Not to say I think he's bad because of it, I don't, I just remember him usually being a lot more talkative and was surprised that it's not the case here.
REALLY not much here. Each suspicion is either a metaread on a low-poster or a read that he immediately pulls back and refutes or dismisses himself.
Sure, I guess...
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:39 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:34 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:32 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:30 pm Wait, why the nova lynch?
OH. Wow, Nova's ISO is pretty empty. It doesn't look to great. I'd rather lynch him than Eloh, who's actually been trying to contribute.
can you elaborate on what you mean by "doesn't look great"?
Like there's nothing there of substance. If he's town, he could be trying harder to help out.
Still reading through Day One, this post from Luna strikes me as odd. Feels like she's saying "If I contribute to the death of a civ with this vote, it's his fault for not trying hard enough". Not wanting to take ownership/be held responsible if she happens to be wrong.
Unsure how much this contributed tothe Luna case. Not a BAD look, per se. Potential bus.
I don't think I contributed to her lynch much at all tbf, I had my reasons for suspecting her but I wasn't exactly the first to cast a vote. Notably, I voted for her when Sloonei was still pretty far ahead.
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:39 pm My internet keeps cutting out so I may end up giving up and going to bed shortly but I think I've gained as much from re-reading the previous lynch as I can. In conclusion, it was a clusterfrick.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:46 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:39 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:34 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:32 pm

OH. Wow, Nova's ISO is pretty empty. It doesn't look to great. I'd rather lynch him than Eloh, who's actually been trying to contribute.
can you elaborate on what you mean by "doesn't look great"?
Like there's nothing there of substance. If he's town, he could be trying harder to help out.
Still reading through Day One, this post from Luna strikes me as odd. Feels like she's saying "If I contribute to the death of a civ with this vote, it's his fault for not trying hard enough". Not wanting to take ownership/be held responsible if she happens to be wrong.
By saying "If he's town, he could be trying harder to help out." I meant, "he's not trying, therefore he might be scum"
The implication I'm still picking up is "he's not trying, therefore he might be scum or he might not be and it's nobody's fault but his own if he gets lynched". Right now I'm not strongly opposed to either bandwagon really, Dys asked my opinion on Sloonei earlier and I didn't really have a solid one at the time so I'll go back and have a look over him like I said I would.
And then he shrugs and does some kind of weird waffle dance where he doesn't take it back but he's not pushing it and is okay with either lynch.[/quote][/quote]

The weird waffle dance is my signature move. At the time I was okay with either lynch, but I'm glad I picked the right side.
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 pm Still down for a Nova wagon if there's enough people who would lynch him over Sloonei and/or Luna
Part of me wants to see where Sloonei vs Luna goes but if there's a better option then why not. What makes you want a Nova lynch?
Barf. j/k
I've gone over this in the past few minutes.
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:03 pm If you're bad, you're the king of WIFOM. Honestly I feel worse about Luna's posts where it looked like she was trying to avoid responsibility for her Nova vote so I will [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine at least for now. If she is lynched today and flips civ, I reserve the right to return to your vineyard.
The post where he picks a scum lynch over a non-scum lynch. Good to reference after the previous posts. It has "honestly" in there, though, so I'm sure he voted for the right reasons.
Honestly is just a word I use a lot. I also have a habit of saying "to be fair" in conversations where there hadn't been a hint of unfairness.
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:25 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:09 pm It doesn't take much imagination for me to paint Bullz and Luna as scumbuddies right now :smoky:
I forgive you.
This is not a new suspicion.
No but if I'm lynched it'll be interesting for people to go back and review the dynamic between you and TH in light of my having flipped civ. ;)
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:21 pm
That's not what I said at all.
Not exactly. Besides, Sloonei was town. If this is anything bad, it's posturing, not narrative-twisting.
I do love to posture. I also don't like to feel like my words are being twisted.
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:07 am
Can Marmot not be town and Gemini Man?

The main thing I don't understand is why in my catch up people seem to be assuming Gemini Man is definitely a baddie with what appears to be no evidence other than his vote to tie the lynch. I'm not opposed to re-lynching Marmot, especially if I can be presented with a convincing answer to this question.
Soft defense of Marmot.
I like to see all sides of an argument. I wasn't, and am still not, sure why people were/are so convinced Gemini Man is a baddie. I still think my point about the four revealed roles on the opening page carries some weight. Note that no further roles have been revealed and consider this point in a better light after you mislynch me.
speedchuck wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:17 pm
Can Marmot not be town and Gemini Man?

The main thing I don't understand is why in my catch up people seem to be assuming Gemini Man is definitely a baddie with what appears to be no evidence other than his vote to tie the lynch. I'm not opposed to re-lynching Marmot, especially if I can be presented with a convincing answer to this question.
NOW he votes for Marmot, once he's been engaged on proving his reasons.
Would it have looked better if I'd just jumped on the bandwagon without question?

speedchuck wrote:"I didn't vote Simon, and I totally would have if I was scum, yep."
I would have. You don't have to believe me, but I'd definitely have done it.
speedchuck wrote:Overall, we have few firm stances from Bullzeye, and a lot of soft defenses of scum. He promises a lot of 'later' stuff and rarely delivers.
He's made a post about how he's 'always careful' but I know he's capable of being fiery, as his most recent couple of posts have demonstrated. It's like most of his focus in the thread is on 4 things:
1. Explaining the way he plays
2. Promising to do stuff later because he's busy
3. Providing devil's advocate defenses for scum, or weak accusations toward them. Giving them avenues to look good or escape suspicion.
4. Looking good on the scum lynches when they become inevitable, or when he's asked about a suspicion he agrees with. Bullzeye shows his train of thought more clearly when voting for scum than anywhere else in the thread.

I'd put him at 75% scum. It's not totally damning, especially without a meta to validate with other than what he's given us. But I'll leave my vote and see what others find.
1. People have asked me to explain the way I play (or similar questions) a few times.
2. I'm busy. Last weekend I was away on a trip I'd had planned for a year. This weekend I'm not.
3. I like to play devil's advocate. I tend to keep my cards close to my chest.
4. Yeah okay fair enough.

If you really wanted my meta you could go read previous games I've played. I have 3,000 posts on this site and come from the same mafia community as people like DH and LC, it's not like I'm completely new to the site. Several people in this game have played with me a lot. Ask their opinions on my meta. Perhaps they'll have some? I genuinely don't know but it seems like a reasonable thing to do.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Appreciate the detailed response, Bullz. I haven't seen you before, so I keep thinking you're new. I've only been here since the beginning of 2017.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

No worries, I think the final comment in that post may have come off a bit harsher than I meant it but you could totally go read some old games. Off the top of my head my best baddie run on this site is probably in Epi's Shawshank game where I survived to the final three but got owned by Dom who was the SK. Or perhaps LC and BR's Recruitment game for proof of how badly I'll screw myself over trying to defend a teammate.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Oh I also had a flawless run in Bioshock as a baddie, but our dear host changed alignment and murdered our entire team in what's still one of my favourite mafia moments of all time.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye qualifies for an Old Timer badge, no doubt.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:05 amI agree on Dizzy and Sprityo (who I strongly townread anyway) but what’s the citation for this on Kyle?
About me not killing active players - What do you base this on from what you know of me?
K-Ness wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:52 amWhat exactly should I be able to do? I'm trying to get a feel for everyone here. I come from a place
Are you though? You answered the GTH, but haven't really put much forward regarding your suspicions before that. I mean, I get that this is different, but it's very hard to see where your head is at when you don't vocalize your concerns.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:53 pmI have no metric for whether I've actually acted like mafia or not.
This stands out to me. Would you say this is normal for you? Speaking just for myself, I sure as hell don't think I come across as mafia when I'm town, unless I'm being particularly lazy or whatever.
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 pm Simon looked the guiltiest to me. Who am I supposed to vote for again?
You said you didn't much care about either though? But I did double check, and you mentioned Simon above Marmot earlier. Though I don't understand why.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 pm Hrgh, I had a meeting at 10pm for the game project so I went to sleep at 7 to get a nap in, woke up half an hour past the deadline. It is just not my night
I'm not really crazy about this post.
Sprit is being very cute and lovely otherwise though.
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:20 pm r e z z p l z
YES!

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:29 pm It would actually make a lot of sense if either Dizzy or DH is an indie because they would be a replacement priority above the scum even
I thought the same for DH. So this is probably relevant information. I tried to join the game just when it started, and posted in the sign ups, but just missed it. So I was asked to stand by, because it was likely that a replacement would be needed. I replaced White who hadn't even been logged on for a long time before the game started. So I replaced in because I wanted to join this game.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:52 pm People have forgotten how to dialogue on this page
Your brain often thinks the same as my brain.
sprityo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:51 pm @Dyslexicon give me that catchup stuff asaaaapppp
Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:13 pmSure does. A really good teammate would've also moved their vote to Simon when he was checking the thread from his phone and saw how the lynch was going ;)
Whaaaat is thiiiis?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:52 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:13 pmSure does. A really good teammate would've also moved their vote to Simon when he was checking the thread from his phone and saw how the lynch was going ;)
Whaaaat is thiiiis?
The truth.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Haven't read the Speed/Bullz thing yet. What strikes me is that bullz seem to have more bite now than he did when I first gut read him scum.

I'm also remembering Luna voting him at a point.

If any of the inactive players are scum and is doing background work, that is just fucking boring and I'm not even going to acknowledge it as game play.

I find individual reasons to suspect Sprit, but then he actually does stuff and helps the thread forward and stuff too.

I really don't know where I stand. I want to look back at both Luna and Marmot. I do have to sleep soon though.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nova - Why did you not vote D4?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm
Whaaaat is thiiiis?
The truth.
Why did you not vote either Marmot or Simon?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:37 pmYeah half the time I'm too busy to post and the other half I'm too lazy. :shrug: I'd care more if I felt like I had teammates I was letting down by not being around but when I'm civ I feel like I'm just invested in my own survival tbh. If I only let myself down, that's fine.
Town wins as a team. This is a team game. :omg:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm worried about weighing in on Bullz because if I do, my concern is people will say "No THIS is the case on Bullz" eight times before someone comes up with a half decent point

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I mean, I decided Bullz is town. Whatever. But plz catch tha scum, Bullz.

What is a Kyle? Who is a Kyle?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:02 pm I'm worried about weighing in on Bullz because if I do, my concern is people will say "No THIS is the case on Bullz" eight times before someone comes up with a half decent point
Meow.

[VOTE: DharmaHelper] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Maybe I should read the case on Bullz though.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:04 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:02 pm I'm worried about weighing in on Bullz because if I do, my concern is people will say "No THIS is the case on Bullz" eight times before someone comes up with a half decent point
Meow.

[VOTE: DharmaHelper] aubergine

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:59 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm
Whaaaat is thiiiis?
The truth.
Why did you not vote either Marmot or Simon?
Neither bandwagon had really gotten moving first thing on Day Four when I had to vote. I didn't think I'd get any time to check the thread at all last weekend and didn't want to not vote at all so I slammed something down straight away and left it at that. I didn't get time to check in at all on the Saturday after I voted because my brother and I were having fun in London. Turns out beer is £6.50 a pint at Wembley arena though so I didn't manage to get that drunk on the Sunday. I didn't get chance to check my phone much other than once on the way back to the hotel fairly late in the day. I was very tired and my main concerns were getting food at a reasonable (i.e. non-arena) price and then going to sleep. I could see that my vote had had no impact at all and didn't feel strongly about either candidate so I left my vote where it was.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:01 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:37 pmYeah half the time I'm too busy to post and the other half I'm too lazy. :shrug: I'd care more if I felt like I had teammates I was letting down by not being around but when I'm civ I feel like I'm just invested in my own survival tbh. If I only let myself down, that's fine.
Town wins as a team. This is a team game. :omg:
I've never claimed to be good at this game. I just like it.

For a more serious reply, when you're in btsc you know exactly who your team are and it's easier to feel invested in their success. Maybe that's just me.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm If any of the inactive players are scum and is doing background work, that is just fucking boring and I'm not even going to acknowledge it as game play.
Given how extremely inactive some of the players are, I'd be very surprised if their silence was a tactical gameplay decision. I've never known anyone to receive their role PM and decide the best way to win is not to play.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ewwww
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:11 pmI've never claimed to be good at this game. I just like it.

For a more serious reply, when you're in btsc you know exactly who your team are and it's easier to feel invested in their success. Maybe that's just me.
No, I do get that. The only reason I even bother to try if scum is because of teammates, and that I have to look them in the virtual eye. But as town you are also on a team, and win as a team. And for me, that feels even better, because you win together in spite of knowing who each other are, and it just feels like a perfect coming together moment. Maybe I'm just romantic about it. Anyway, as I see it, if a town player makes themselves an easy mislynch target or doesn't really play at all, then they aren't really helping their team. I'm not saying this to criticize you though, and obviously you already know this. Being busy happens. And how much you should invest or care is up to oneself, and it's probably healthy not to care all that much (I get burned out because I care A LOT). All this just to say that, if you are town, I for one would really appreciate your perspective on things and what kind of direction you have right now.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm If any of the inactive players are scum and is doing background work, that is just fucking boring and I'm not even going to acknowledge it as game play.
Given how extremely inactive some of the players are, I'd be very surprised if their silence was a tactical gameplay decision. I've never known anyone to receive their role PM and decide the best way to win is not to play.
Yeah. I just want them to feel bad if it is. Lol. Ok, now I'm playstyle policing (and not regretting it).
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pmEwwww
Hi, Turnip. How are you? Do you have any thought on Kyle?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sprit incidentally forgetting to mention me when he wanted to call everyone in to answer his GTH question is pretty gross though. Of course, I couldn't answer. If that was a coincident, I will never win the lottery. I'm surprised nobody had mentioned it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:53 pmI have no metric for whether I've actually acted like mafia or not.
This stands out to me. Would you say this is normal for you? Speaking just for myself, I sure as hell don't think I come across as mafia when I'm town, unless I'm being particularly lazy or whatever.
I tend to try to read people by motive and meta. I know my motive, so it makes it hard to self-evaluate.
I'm pretty sure I don't try to save teammates like I accidentally did with Simon/Marmot, but other than that, I don't have a lot of meta-points to stand on.

The only non-burglary games where I've been caught as scum was when we'd POE'd it all the way down or I revealed myself, if that helps or makes any difference. I usually do a pretty good job of looking composed as scum.

Though I'm trying to break that meta, so I don't want to rely on it.

:shrug:

I'm not sure how to answer your question. My town meta is whatever it ends up being. I'm not trying to be a performance.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:26 pmI tend to try to read people by motive and meta. I know my motive, so it makes it hard to self-evaluate.
I'm pretty sure I don't try to save teammates like I accidentally did with Simon/Marmot, but other than that, I don't have a lot of meta-points to stand on.

The only non-burglary games where I've been caught as scum was when we'd POE'd it all the way down or I revealed myself, if that helps or makes any difference. I usually do a pretty good job of looking composed as scum.

Though I'm trying to break that meta, so I don't want to rely on it.

:shrug:

I'm not sure how to answer your question. My town meta is whatever it ends up being. I'm not trying to be a performance.
Right. Fine. I mean, I feel we have a pretty similar playstyle (don't get offended! : D) So I'm comparing a lot to how I play the game, and how I feel about it. But you probably like playing as scum more than me, and my righteousness as town is off the charts if I don't check myself.

Hi, Speed, hi.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Ewwww
What do you mean Eww.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bullzeye wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pm
How long have you been away?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The reasons I have two votes:

"Meow"

and

"Eww"

Which is fun and cool and good. Very cool and very fun and very good. Definitely.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:36 pm The reasons I have two votes:

"Meow"

and

"Eww"

Which is fun and cool and good. Very cool and very fun and very good. Definitely.
No THIS is the case against you:
checkmate
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Definitely what a civ who wants to win would do and say.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Gotcha bish
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Anyways let's hear opinions on everything
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:23 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pmEwwww
Hi, Turnip. How are you? Do you have any thought on Kyle?
I don't want him to squander his potential. He is capable of so much.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

"Meow"

and

"Eww"

I stand by what I said.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Good night.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:50 pm Gotcha bish

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:13 pm

"Meow"

and

"Eww"

I stand by what I said.
Incredibly Cool and Good TM.

I'm Shocked TM how you lynched Mega Man D1.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”