69%

Total votes: 13
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Vague accusations will be highlighted orange.

Reads that conflict with his votes or statements will be highlighted in red.

My words will be highlighted in pink.

Good reasons to lynch Kness would be highlighted in green but there are none.
Spoiler: show
speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 pm DharmaHelper - I firmly think is 3P. Fite me.
DFaraday - scumread
Dom - ??? town?
DrWilgy - ??? scum?
Dyslexicon - town
JackofHearts2005 - waffling
K-Ness - scum
Kylemii - town
Long Con - town
novaselinenever - scum
speedchuck - XOXO
Soneji - town
Turnip Head - town

I think there is at least one (mostly) inactive scum, if not two. This list: DF, Dom, Wilgy, Nova, Soneji.
That ain't good. My bets are on Nova and/or DF for reasons I might get into during the day.

I think DH is 3P for other reasons. Some of which I kinda remember. Will get into that today.

K-Ness felt terrible on the previous two pages. DH's case on JoH has merit, but it's hard to stand firmly on the two in between all the bullcrap.

linki: Hope your tomorrow is good @K-Ness :(
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:39 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:03 am Solved the game for you guys by Day 8 like I said I would you're welcome.
So everyone voting you right now is the scum team?
I like DH's case on JoH somewhat but I've been scum with Jack before. He wasn't, as I recall, the type to defend me or vote alongside me. I'd have to go back to Pirates to check that out more.
This is mitigated by Jack making waffles all over K-ness and DH, which isn't the same as defending.
And like Jack said, he didn't vote with K-ness. K-ness voted with him.

So maybe. But it doesn't feel like it should be that easy. And DH is kinda throwing NO U crap everywhere, coincidentally or not.
So the case against Jack has merit except for...all of it?
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:25 pm [VOTE: JoH] aubergine
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:27 pm [VOTE: K-Ness] aubergine

I've got a headache today but I wanna talk about K-ness.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:37 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:31 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:25 pm [VOTE: JoH] aubergine
Why? Your commentary on DH’s case was like “This is good except for all the details, which really aren’t.”

Do you think I really shoot all those loud players, all the players like Mac, Quin and Sprityo who were on my side about things?

Do you think I beg the town to doctor Nutella and then shoot her anyway?

Do you think DH really fought against the Marmot lynch but jumped right into scumreading me and Kness based on one post each because he actually thought Marmot was town and actually thinks Kness and I are scum?

Regardless of DH’s alignment, your reaction to all this is not great.

Linki: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Nah, you're probably town. I was just making waffles. :smile:
Says the case is good, points out why the case is crap, votes Jack, gets called out, says he townreads Jack. Somebody is dancing. :srsnod:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:33 pm I could buy that Marmot and Luna controlled the kill N1. Most of the rest were inactives. DH came in to save ruin the day as another mafia bro.

Add in Wil(g)y and DF, call it a day.

That's a proposed scumteam I would buy.
But I like DH.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:41 pm It makes sense. Remember the whole replacement=scum thing. (excluding White because White didn't have any posts so that made them a priority)

Also POE if Jack is town. And I like Jack too.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:31 pm I'm being pretty convinced right now by JoH's call to meta. I feel inactives would be flying straight to hell if he was scum captain.

Source: Been scum with the guy. And killing JJJ (presumably) N1? Lame as heeeeellllll
Buys my case for a townie Jack and a scum DH. So we can expect him to vote for DH right?
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:25 am Conclusion: All three of the current wagons are compatible with scum to some degree.

Jack's interactions with Marmot, if they are a 'throw under the bus' kind of thing, have him going at Marmot surprisingly hard. Marmot strikes back too. Probably the hardest interactions to reconcile with a scum Jack.

Luna interacts with alien, trying to facilitate some reads from him, then does what could be distancing later.

K-ness is one of those asking 'why' Luna is suspected. She responds to downplay it.

I didn't check DH's interactions with Marmot. I'm pretty sure those interactions are seared into everyone's head by now.
Says he can't decide between three players that are all compatible with scum to some degree. But look what he's actually saying, that Jack isn't scummy, that DH is and that Kness had a conversation that is suspicious for...reasons. I call him out on it so he briefly moves to DH.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:34 am
JackofHeroes wrote: Where’s the part where I’m compatible with scum? Is it the part you say is hard to reconcile with me being scum?

Wafflewaffle.
TECHNICALLY compatible TO SOME DEGREE and likely are two different things.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:36 am :shrug:

[VOTE: DharmaHelper] aubergine

I don't have a team, Jack. Just putting up reference material.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 am As to his "meta", I assume you mean his very sincere "Hey wink wink guys wink if me and Knees were bad wink wink wink wink we would not kill active players wink wink wink." Which I guess is fine. That's perfectly fine and cool if you believe that he would do that every single game he ever plays. And that he wouldn't.....change....his MO....to cover his ass in meta.... if he ever took heat....
You can ignore calls to meta if you want. But I like using them because past experience says they can (in certain circumstances) be trusted.

JJJ was killed on night one. NIGHT ONE. There was no ass-covering going on there, Jack had no suspicion on him. Whoever controlled that kill decided to take down one of the bigger voices in the thread. Jack isn't the type to do that. Is he the type to let everyone else control the nightkill? :shrug2: I could see Luna or Marmot taking JJJ down.
What about bussing? Jack was one of the main drivers of the Marmot lynch.
When you say "he doesn't do that" is what you mean "He hasn't done that yet"?
Do you look at people you know and think, "Well they haven't murdered anyone yet. But every one of them is totally capable."

Totally outlandish comparison, yes. But if JackofHearts doesn't just spam-kill high posters in games with lurkers and no-shows, it's not because of a manufactured meta that he uses to win games. The reason to leave people like JJJ and Macdougall alive is because it's a better game with them than with a single-post Soneji and an absent DF.
I daresay it's an ethical conviction, to care about the quality of a game as much as the win. Ethics are not so easily changed, and if they WERE changed in order to ass-cover, it wouldn't be on nights one and two, when there was no suspicion to cover from.
More talking about how I'm so town.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 am @Dyslexicon @Turnip Head

Please expound on your K-ness votes if you really want him lynched.
Thinks I'm town, thinks DH is bad but he wants people to talk about why Kness is bad. Doesn't even know if these votes are serious.

More about Jack so town.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:21 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am OK but how alibis work is you set them up before you need them.

And also, Not entirely out of the question that he didn't pick or execute the kills himself? IDK man, thats a lot of trust to put into meta. Trust that a smart player would exploit at some point.
I happen to think of this as more of an ethical thing. It's not just a quirk or mindset decision. If JoH is against killing high posters early, there's some care that goes into that. Character, integrity. I don't think of it as just an alibi.

I did, however, mention the second as a possibility. I'm like that. I personally wouldn't kill high posters early. But I've been on scumteams that have made decision like that. I don't get in chatzy much, and I like to just stay out of things.
It's a possibility. In which case it would be extremely nasty of Jack to use the meta argument, but nevertheless.

I'll look at the Marmot lynch after I get something to eat.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:36 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:42 pm
Night 3 has Ended.

nutella has been killed.

It is now Day 3. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Nobody listens to me. :suspish:
Also this is too much for WIFOM IMO. Jack called to this. It has been ignored.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 am Day 4 starts.

These happen:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:44 pm [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

Marmotmarmotmarmot
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:36 am Marmot's still sketchier tho, on account of his offwagon sprityo vote that quickly turned into an on-wagon Luna vote.
sprityo wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:54 am Things are pretty slow rn so I’m really hoping we get some discussion going

Since it’s trending, does anyone oppose marmot lynch rn and why?
Nt much else discussion of Marmot other than these. People flopping on Sloonei, Sprit, and Bullzeye. Then...
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:58 am [VOTE: I am voting for Marmot cause he’s probably bad. Like worst excuse to turn away from Luna (and Sloonei?) by somehow painting Sloonei and Sprityo as teammates. Then switched to bus Luna iirc. Pretty dang sketch.] aubergine
This happens. It is the main suspicion on Marmot, put into better terms. This is the point that got DH on the Marmot train, though he needed the 'bus Luna' bit clarified by the timing of Marmot's vote.

The day proceeds from there, and admittedly Jack talks about a lot of other stuff. He's instrumental in pushing Marmot through harder the following day.

Dizzy, Jack, and TH were probably most instrumental in pushing Marmot to the forefront on day 4, overall.

Not as strong a look as I was hoping for, but definitely a bus when one wasn't needed. Aside from those three players, most people had a null read on Marmot going into day 4. I know I did. Sprit, Sloon, Bullz, (all town) were options to push through easily. But the lynch settled on Marmot and Simon.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am

Right now, at this precise moment in time, I'd prefer to lynch him over Jack or DH
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:49 am I would also be okay with voting K-ness today, FYI.

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:35 pm [VOTE: KNess] aubergine
They've got all the right friends in all the wrong places
So yeah, they're going down
They've got all the right reads in all the right faces

[VOTE: K-ness] aubergine
Where did this vote come from? Nobody gave him a case on Kness. Speed didn't give a reason for wanting to vote Kness. He just floated the idea and switched. What happened to his suspicion of DH? What happened to his trust in Jack? They went up in smoke because all of this is fake, an excuse to vote for a townie.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:43 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:35 pm [VOTE: KNess] aubergine
They've got all the right friends in all the wrong places
They've got all the right reads in all the right faces

[VOTE: K-ness] aubergine
If Kness is lynched and flips town, it’ll be bad for you, Chuckles.

Like a rubber band is attached to it, you just can’t seem to put your vote where it should be for very long.
Where should my vote be?
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:52 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:50 pm Where should my vote be?
On DH. :charlieblackmon:
Oh. Oh you're right.

[VOTE: DH] aubergine
I bully Speed back into voting for DH. He goes along because he's trying to buddy me, not because he actually wants DH dead, which is clear by how he keeps sneaking off the DH wagon without being able to articulate why exactly.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:56 pm Does anyone want to lynch Wilgy?
What if we just lynch someone else who isn't DH who Speed also has no stated reasons to lynch?
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:42 pm [VOTE: K-ness] aubergine
Aaaaaand we're back on Kness. Why? If Speedchuck is a townie, I don't have the faintest idea.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:48 pm I’m saying by keeping the votes tied on two players you supposedly suspect, if GM is scum and has a vote and exactly one of Kness and DH is mafia, you are ensuring a townie lynch today.
Ah, okay.

I buy TH's recent case on K-ness. I'd prefer to lynch K-ness. My vote reflects that now.

Earlier I said I tied it because I wasn't certain. I don't feel that way anymore.

linki: I told you to do this earlier in the day you ninny. So I would have time to deal with it.
Horray! Speedchuck has finally found someone to make a Kness case for him. It's not so impressive. Here it is for reference.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p487355
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 pm Jack let me help you out.

You townread K-Ness because of kill choices. You say he wouldn't make these choices himself, and there are no actives that he's compatible with.

HOWEVER

Luna and Marmot were very active for the first part of the game. You know, the part that killed JJJ, Mac, Sloonei, etc. If K-ness was on a team with them, on a strange site, don't you think he'd let them take point?

He's only had the past one or two nights to himself, IF he is with two inactives. Not inconceivable. Also TH has tied him to Dizzy, and that's worth a look.

AT LEAST CONSIDER IT PLS
Begs me to consider that a reason for Kness being town that I don't even believe is wrong. Still hasn't said in his own words why he thinks Kness is scum (cause he doesn't).
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:25 pm Far as I can tell, the case on K-ness is TMI in his votes and reads coupled with his constant excuses about being bad at doing stuff on this site. That on top of the vibes and stuff from early days (pretty much everyone GTH'd him as scum when we played that game on D5, including JoH).
In defense, JoH says the kill choices are not what he'd expect. I already responded to this.

The case on DH is unclear to me. Unhelpful to town, a downer, hypocritical maybe in places? It's not a horrible case, but I have a better handle on the K-ness one.

linki: yas silencing is annoying
Speedchuck now doesn't know why people are voting for DH....but he knew why earlier. In fact, he came up with other reasons DH is bad on his own but those reasons are forgotten in this moment because it's important that the Kness case, however weak, is stronger than the DH case. So he just forgets the DH case.

In conclusion, Speedchuck voted for Kness because he wanted to, not because he thought there was a good case for Kness being scum, he choose to not vote for DH despite seeing the evidence against him and later pretended the case didn't exist, attempted to buddy me (instead of seeing me as a teammate to be trusted) and tried continually to lead the lynch into Kness, a tie (where GM could cause a town lynch) or basically anywhere that wasn't DH.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Come read my case, people who are alive. :workit:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm going to bed
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 pm I'm going to bed
:meany:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:24 pm In conclusion, Speedchuck voted for Kness because he wanted to, not because he thought there was a good case for Kness being scum, he choose to not vote for DH despite seeing the evidence against him and later pretended the case didn't exist, attempted to buddy me (instead of seeing me as a teammate to be trusted) and tried continually to lead the lynch into Kness, a tie (where GM could cause a town lynch) or basically anywhere that wasn't DH.
So...

If DH is town, am I less suspicious to you?

(Also gee whiz I didn't realize inconsistency was supposedly a scumtell for me when did that happen?)
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:36 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:32 pm It's a shame you haven't found my numerous rolehints persuasive. Because I sure as heck don't have a scumhunting record to convince you otherwise, Jack.
Rolehinting is against the spirit of the rules and even so, there are no confirmed townie roles left and I think at least one of the neutrals is dead, after which you theorized DH was a neutral after the fact. So if you've hinted you're a specific bot, I don't really care cause you could be scum anyway even if I find it and believe you.
I don't even know what this is.

"Sure you may have rolehinted, but shame on you and I'm not looking at it. Also I'm sure your rolehinting would be useless because of the game setup, never mind that you're calling to it. Because of other assumptions, I'm gonna assume you're just an idiot who thinks hinting at being ice man or some crap will save you. So there."
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 74

Post by novaselinenever »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 pm Come read my case, people who are alive. :workit:
I'm alive and I read it :beer:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:17 pm I'm sorry I didn't fight for you, K-ness. : (
Lol.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 7]

Dyslexicon is bad. That's a nova guarantee.
novaselinenever
Hitman

DH, Speed and Dyslexicon :omg:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 am LC's case against JoH is pretty good. I'd like to see him case one or two other people in the game using the same metrics, since we have so much time. It would help to know if JoH's baddie-looking stuff s roughly equivalent to everyone else's.

The train of people voting DH looks awful. The train of people on JoH only hurts because Wilgy is on it.
So should we make a train on Nova or something? For aesthetic purposes.
What aesthetic purposes?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Where's everyone

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:29 pm Voting Speed before DH. Show you why in a min.
Your case actually doesn't lead to this. I read it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:37 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:29 pm Voting Speed before DH. Show you why in a min.
Meow.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 am
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:37 am
Meow.
Ewww.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

At least we're having fun
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I had way too much fun on day 7 apparently.

How are you, TH? What's kickin' around in your head?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’d like to see a reaction to my case that isn’t just Speedchuck nibbling around the edges of it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 am I’d like to see a reaction to my case that isn’t just Speedchuck nibbling around the edges of it.
I can give you a thorough explanation instead if you'd like. But at this point you're in my tunnel, and I don't think anything I say will kick you out.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:53 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 am I’d like to see a reaction to my case that isn’t just Speedchuck nibbling around the edges of it.
I can give you a thorough explanation instead if you'd like. But at this point you're in my tunnel, and I don't think anything I say will kick you out.
Probably not. You should try to explain why you were on the wrong side of the Luna, Marmot and Kness lynches. I don’t see your town reasoning.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Luna first.

I don't recall opposing the Luna lynch. I even offered supporting evidence for it. Just didn't vote there at the time. Wasn't super invested at the time, and as the lynch was going swimmingly, I let you unbiased gentlemen push it on past.

Here's a standout post:
speedchuck wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:31 pm IF Luna is scum, she's using a technique I use when I'm scum. You'll often find me taking the townie with the most suspicion on them and defending them to the death. If that's what Luna is doing to me, that could be a bad sign.

As an addendum, I probably read Luna worse than everyone else on this site BECAUSE I know her in person. Look at my track record. It's disgusting.

Lunalee Why are you so certain about me being not-scum?
Might not look all that great regardless, but I'll own that. I'm biased when it comes to reading Luna.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot.

The first day that we were looking at Marmot, I ended up voting Simon because his vote placement looked forced. It looked like Marmot would be lynched anyway, then GM and Marmot came out to tie it. The tie ended up going to Simon, for some reason. Long Con and Dizzy were on that train with me as well.

It was poor scumhunting that pushed me over onto that side. I found Marmot's attitude and defense on that particular day to be genuine. He completely dropped the facade the next day, presumably because the lynch sorta outed him.

DH/K-ness.

DH is probably scum, at this point. If he's not, this lynch doesn't make me look that bad.

Early on in the day, I was having fun. Being a little bit trolly. You or DH would say my vote is in the wrong place, and I, being amused by your objective statements, would then be like "oh okay better move it then lol."
The case on DH was there, but not super firm. Same for K-ness. When I found something solid about K-ness, I then firmly voted him. The little song rip-off I did while doing that probably didn't help the optics, but at the time, I didn't really care. I was hoping that K-ness would flip scum, so I could avoid this whole thing.

Next post will contain a bit of defense.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

"Probably Scum" and "Potential Goon" should be my rap name(s)
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] Have you ever, EVER seen scumchuck push an opposing train like I supposedly did this game with Marmot or DH (if he's bad)?

I've been scum more than any other player on the site this year. I've WON as scum more than any other player on the site this year. Not all of that was my doing. I've had good teammates, and I've replaced into some hella good spots. (Thanks Dunya)

You have plenty of examples to chose from. Examples of me ignoring teammates, bussing them, or making legit-sounding arguments against faux scumspects. You won't find me inexplicably voting against a highly suspected scummer like Marmot, because I actually care about my image as mafia.

If you can call to meta, I can do it as well. Take a look at my scumgames.
Mortal Kombat - W maf
Fire Emblem - W maf
Ancient Greece - W maf
Fellowship of the Ring - W maf

That's not all the meta I have, though. This means nothing if I often play a smart town game to match my scum game. Here are a couple of town games from recent memory:
Game of Champions 2017 - W civ
I won this game, but I was the first townie to flip, DESPITE BEING CONFIRMED TOWN BY THE MOD! Why was that? Because I defended Long Con to the freaking death in Pikachu tribe, even after he straight-up scumslipped. He was scum, I was town. Why did I do that? Because I believed him. Because I am really, really bad at telling when people are genuine.
What about Buffy the Vamp Slayer - L civ
I almost got lynched D1 in this game, and I was BUFFY. Why did I almost get lynched? Because I made cases on D1, and the cases were garbage. I make garbage cases. It's something that happens. The only reason I didn't get lynched was because I started role-hinting.

I don't get suspected like this every game as Civ. Sometimes I luck out, make a good read, and end up on an early wagon later on.

All that said, I don't think my play has been too egregious in this current mafia game. I supported Luna's lynch, but not with my vote. I was on the wrong side of history with Marmot, and mayyyybe K-ness/DH. That's yet to be seen.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Eeeeeek meta

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:17 pm Eeeeeek meta
If Jack gets to use it, I can too.

Also, K-ness flipped town. You said you'd reevaluate? Or did I miss your updated reads?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:17 pm Eeeeeek meta
If Jack gets to use it, I can too.

Also, K-ness flipped town. You said you'd reevaluate? Or did I miss your updated reads?
I will reevaluate, laterino.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Didnt speedchuck say he wasn't going to defend himself?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:31 pm Didnt speedchuck say he wasn't going to defend himself?
That's a good strategy. I have failed to follow it. :blush:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm going to vote for you for bringing up GoC2017.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 pm I'm going to vote for you for bringing up GoC2017.
:bighug:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 pm I'm going to vote for you for bringing up GoC2017.
I’ll take what I can get.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:02 pm Marmot.

The first day that we were looking at Marmot, I ended up voting Simon because his vote placement looked forced. It looked like Marmot would be lynched anyway, then GM and Marmot came out to tie it. The tie ended up going to Simon, for some reason. Long Con and Dizzy were on that train with me as well.

It was poor scumhunting that pushed me over onto that side. I found Marmot's attitude and defense on that particular day to be genuine. He completely dropped the facade the next day, presumably because the lynch sorta outed him.

DH/K-ness.

DH is probably scum, at this point. If he's not, this lynch doesn't make me look that bad.

Early on in the day, I was having fun. Being a little bit trolly. You or DH would say my vote is in the wrong place, and I, being amused by your objective statements, would then be like "oh okay better move it then lol."
The case on DH was there, but not super firm. Same for K-ness. When I found something solid about K-ness, I then firmly voted him. The little song rip-off I did while doing that probably didn't help the optics, but at the time, I didn't really care. I was hoping that K-ness would flip scum, so I could avoid this whole thing.

Next post will contain a bit of defense.
Show me Simon’s forced votes and Marmot’s genuineness.

Show me Kness’s firmness.
Phrasing? You know what I mean. Show me the bit about Kness that was worse than anything in the DH case.
Why is DH scum now?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:15 pm Why is DH scum now?
POE? If we aren't in a K-ness world, we're likely in a DH one. If he is also town I will feel vindicated. One step closer to losing, but vindicated nevertheless.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

As for the meta, you’re mischaracterizing your attitude. You didn’t defend Marmot or DH. You just ignored or pretended to not understand the cases or acted like the cases on townies were stronger than they really were. Same with Luna, really. Just took yourself out of the decision making process and voted elsewhere.

There was no hard defense to save a partner. When required, you bussed Marmot.

None of this is against your meta.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 5]

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:07 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm Because he tried to lynch Sloonei. Yes this is old news, but it's the limit of my recollection.

Honestly, I logged in the other day and freaked out because I was about to be lynched. But I probably shouldn't have posted when I did, hence why you guys didn't hear more from me. I didn't expect to survive the lynch either, that was a surprise to me.

Anyway, just checking in right now to say hi. But I'll be back to post more later on today, and I've got a bone to pick with you voters. :suspish:
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you “freaked out” Marmot.
Marmot wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:48 pmWait what?
Marmot wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:48 pm Sorry been busy with house projects the past couple days...
Marmot wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:50 pm Well that's cool. Enjoy lynching me.
(Silently votes Simon)
I'm gonna roll my eyes at this post. Hard.

Those quotes could absolutely be categorized as freaking out.
I pointed out what I perceived as Marmot genuineness at the time. I did mention how bad I am at gauging caught scum, right? It's in that other post that LC is going to vote me for.

linki: I believe this is 100% against my meta. And I did defend Marmot. If you think it's not against my meta, then find a similar example of me doing this dance, whatever you want to call it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:19 pm
POE? If we aren't in a K-ness world, we're likely in a DH one. If he is also town I will feel vindicated. One step closer to losing, but vindicated nevertheless.
Make some scumteams for us so I can see that POE.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:28 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:56 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:24 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am

Right now, at this precise moment in time, I'd prefer to lynch him over Jack or DH
Why?
This post with some hindsight makes Marmot/Luna/KNess look compatible to me.
Also I just realized he left me out of that post, even though I was on the Luna bandwagon and had a few noteworthy comments surrounding it. idk what that means exactly, it's just interesting that I'm the only person on that 9-vote wagon that KNess didn't talk about at all. Maybe it's tough for baddies to give reads on me so he just... forgot to, idk idk.

Anyways I don't think it's too harsh to say that these could be read as the perspective of a mafia member who had just lost a teammate.
Can you unpack why you think this as opposed to Kness being town or 3P?

There’s confidence in the townieness of townies and alive players. There’s shade at Marmot and Kyle. There’s not really anything I see tying Kness to Luna in there and not a strong tie to Marmot considering Kness has had similar “bad feeling” reads on other players.
Specifically because KNess has called attention to the fact that he doesn't find it easy to make reads like we do here, and then he ends up having all the right reads. He's either better at the game than he thinks he is or he is playing with more information than he'd like to.
K-ness stuff

I'll get the POE in a minute
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:19 pm
POE can K my A.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck - me tho
Turnip Head - lock town for town slip and marmot lynch
JackofHearts2005 - lock town for marmot lynch and personal game-playing ethics
Kylemii - lock town because you know he'd have killed me already (kidding) | because he wouldn't kill JJJ N1 & I have no reason to sus him
Long Con - Been townreading him forever. Why is he not nightkilled yet? Still townread, but no lock.
Dyslexicon - townreading since she first showed up. Manufactured DH vote from yesterday now looks okay. Replacement status, no lock town.

novaselinenever - I actually like his terse approach to the game. Doesn't match any of his metas, though. Lightest of townreads.

DharmaHelper - replacement, doesn't seem to care about the roof now that he's shirked the lynch for one day, anti-aligned with muh townflips

DrWilgy - Dr. Wily. Mostly inactive. Prolly not scum with only inactives, as he wasn't here Night 5 (I think) and a kill still happened without Luna or Marmot.
DFaraday - :-(
Dom - :-(
Soneji - :-(

Elohcin - Lynched Day 1: Mega Man
ColinIsCool - Destroyed Night 1.
JaggedJimmyJay - Destroyed Night 1.
MacDougall - Destroyed Night 2.

Lunalee - Lynched Day 3: Bright Man (Wily)
nutella - Destroyed Night 3.
Simon - Lynched Day 4: Charge Man (Light)
Sloonei - Destroyed Night 4.
sprityo - Destroyed Night 5.

Marmot - Lynched Day 5: Magnet Man (Wily)
Bullzeye - Lynched Day 6: Heat Man (Light)
Quin - Destroyed Night 6.
K-Ness - Lynched Day 7: Dr. Light

I need to check alignment, but Wilgy isn't the only active scum (active being a stretch word there)
Those top four are not scum.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

You know, with the janitorings and unclear alignments and mostly missing powers, roleclaiming shouldn’t be gamebreaking.

Rules are rules though.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:45 pm You know, with the janitorings and unclear alignments and mostly missing powers, roleclaiming shouldn’t be gamebreaking.

Rules are rules though.
IKR? Reminds me of a sock puppet game. Yeah, we know you're Monica, but are you scum?

Any mechanical reveals or lock-alignment characters kinda mess that up though.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

As a group I think we're giving Kylemii too much love. Has anyone at all considered him seriously as a potential goon?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:03 pm As a group I think we're giving Kylemii too much love. Has anyone at all considered him seriously as a potential goon?
In my head, yes.

/Catching up.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

#NotMyLocktown
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 pm Come read my case, people who are alive. :workit:
I read it. I agree, but still kind of buy Speed's defense. I have other problems with Speed to though. The main accusation against K-ness as I see it was Turnip's argument that K-ness TMI-ed. I wrote to Speed a counter example of this, when K-ness voted the Bullz wagon that he really didn't have to do, but Speed never commented on this.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:46 am Dyslexicon is bad. That's a nova guarantee.
The fuck. That's random. If you have me as scum with DH, you have not been paying attention at all. More words from you, please.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:19 pmPOE? If we aren't in a K-ness world, we're likely in a DH one. If he is also town I will feel vindicated. One step closer to losing, but vindicated nevertheless.
If we mislynch one more time, we're probably screwed.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:41 pmDyslexicon - townreading since she first showed up. Manufactured DH vote from yesterday now looks okay. Replacement status, no lock town.
I'm genuinly curious - if you lock town Turnip for the town slip, what is the reason you don't lock town me as well? Do you think it's more likely I faked a slip for your or anyone's honor than Turnip? Also, what does "replacement status" mean?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nova seems too happy to me. Anyoen getting that?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

A happy Nova makes for a happy turnip. He is like a son to me, you know :noble:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I somehow am doubting that DH and Speed are teamed now. Speeds constant "if DH is town, I don't look as suspicious!" is weird as hell if they are teamed. It actually looks more TMI on Speed's side.

But also, I don't think Dharma looks good.

I don't really know if I think Turnip looks good either. I've never known. Guess I'll never know.

Nova is getting perky right at crucnh time, and I'm not in love with that.

Kyle is here.
Wilgy isn't really, and I will yawn if he is scum.
LC, I will talk about if we're both alive tomorrow, or else I don't care and he's probably town.

Return to “Previous Jobs”