Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 4

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:55 pm Sloonei, could you please provide some quick gut reads on the people you didn't remove from your POE pool?
Jack - He was my first suspect based on a very minimal reading of his posts. I haven't abandoned that, but I also haven't followed up on it. I've not seen him doing anything alarming since my initial accusation, but I also haven't looked too closely. He'd be in the closest-to-neutral tier of scum reads on a hypothetical rainbow list.
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmkara - I'm hardly aware that they're in the game. That's as much my fault as theirs, but they've been quiet so there's not much I can do here (unless, you know, I start to read things)
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmLuna - Town read, but not comfortable taking her out of this pool. The way INH treated her did not strike me as a teammate interaction.
Why aren't you comfortable?
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmMac - I never really can read Mac even though we've been playing together for 100 years. I haven't discerned any notable scum-tells in that time. Sometimes I pick up on town-tells though, and I haven't done that here. As I mentioned in my last post, he seems like someone to talk about after the current episode ends.
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmQuin - Implicated in a night action dispute with speed. Questions all around, and it seems prudent to pursue one of these two.
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmspeedchuck - Implicated in a night action dispute with quin. Questions all around, and it seems prudent to pursue one of these two. I might favor speed's version of events if not for the other evidence (poutanko's ID) against him.
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmsprit - Has sprit done anything yet?
This is not a read.

F-minus
I have not read, so it makes sense that i wouldn't have reads.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:12 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:08 pm Why would I be redirected, though? Especially to Timmer?
If they know you're a watcher, redirecting you to the Not Kill Target would be the idea.

This is all convoluted and I am leaning in the direction of not caring. Straight up reads are more reliable at this point, IMO.
:shrug: Can use one to generate the other.

Anyway Quin is scum unless he admits to being the Vig and somehow convinces of that.

I don't think scum has the manpower to affect Timmer (which is what I saw if I was redirected there), redirect me, obliviate and block Pout, kill Epi, AND bring back INH.

It makes more sense if scum Rezzed INH, tried to protect LC, killed Epi, and did something to Pout.

Still four actions, but it assumes less than five. And how many scum do we have anyway? How many actions can they use? Egh.

Quin prolly bad or foolish vig. If he's not either, then ??? is probably bad.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

yeah, no Quin is a liar. #lynchallliars

At least after you lynch me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75

Post by karavalenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:19 pm
karavalenge wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:55 pm Sloonei, could you please provide some quick gut reads on the people you didn't remove from your POE pool?
kara - I'm hardly aware that they're in the game. That's as much my fault as theirs, but they've been quiet so there's not much I can do here (unless, you know, I start to read things)
I've just been quietly trying to get myself killed in the Night phases so I can pass peacefully in my sleep rather than worry about arguments.
I'm sorry if the game has been a headache, kara. We can be an intense bunch sometimes, but it's just because we're chums who know each other well and like to win. I'm glad you're playing with us and I hope you continue to do so!

You might suspect me for being nice again, but that's okay. I'm not worried about it. I want new people to enjoy their time here. :biggrin:
I think people are just mostly crazy the first two days. It's gotten a lot calmer now. Comparatively.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

I dunno, Speed. You’ve been pretty solidly townread minus residual Bullzeye stuff so I would guess, if good, you’re a target for scum-chicanery. But I really don’t kniw how to handle any of this. You aren’t going down like a scum who has been caught unless you’re laying traps, but why would we listen to you if you flip bad anyway?

I think it’s possible Speed is town but it’s probably for the good of the town that we either lynch him now and get time to sort this out after, or lynch INH and vig him/lynch him shortly thereafter. Which is weird to say, but, uh, yeah.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:19 pm I have not read, so it makes sense that i wouldn't have reads.
So you're saying you need to... catch up?

:suspish:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Remaining scum are in this pile: INH, Speed, Sloonei, Quin, Luna, sprit. Objections?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 am
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 am I totally agree with Jay's statement about speed's reaction to a red check. I think most people would be reacting with more emotion.
Cop checks I get. Can't be helped, fate is sealed, no reason to get all hot. But this line of reasoning is stupid.
Just got home and am catching up - what exactly is stupid?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 pm Remaining scum are in this pile: INH, Speed, Sloonei, Quin, Luna, sprit. Objections?
My POE is the same, except Luna is swapped for Jack.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:19 pm I have not read, so it makes sense that i wouldn't have reads.
So you're saying you need to... catch up?

:suspish:
I'm saying I need to be more engaged in general if I'm going to be able to offer the sort of reads you (and I) would like to see. It's been harder to find time/energy for that than I was anticipating. Even now I'm just poking my head on this thread while I'm in the middle of doing something else.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm I dunno, Speed. You’ve been pretty solidly townread minus residual Bullzeye stuff so I would guess, if good, you’re a target for scum-chicanery.
I'll address this in a minute. It's nigh impossible for me to have been redirected last night.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 am
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 am I totally agree with Jay's statement about speed's reaction to a red check. I think most people would be reacting with more emotion.
Cop checks I get. Can't be helped, fate is sealed, no reason to get all hot. But this line of reasoning is stupid.
Just got home and am catching up - what exactly is stupid?
Saying that I'm scum because I wasn't outraged about a cop check.

That's like being outraged because it's raining. There's nothing you can do about it. It happened, and now I have to deal with it. I'd rather be outraged when people scumread me for staying calm, because what even is that?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 pm Remaining scum are in this pile: INH, Speed, Sloonei, Quin, Luna, sprit. Objections?
Not Luna. If I have to replace her with another name I'd say you or Jack
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:25 pm
My POE is the same, except Luna is swapped for Jack.
:ninja:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:26 pm I'm saying I need to be more engaged in general if I'm going to be able to offer the sort of reads you (and I) would like to see. It's been harder to find time/energy for that than I was anticipating. Even now I'm just poking my head on this thread while I'm in the middle of doing something else.
Jack
kara
Luna
Mac
Quin
Bullzeye \ speed
sprityo

Go.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:24 pm Let's work out the numbers so we can be more comfortable in our POE efforts.

The game began with 24 players. Given typical ratios, that is likely to amount to 5 or 6 mafia members. Considering the presence if civilian vigilante(s) as we've seen it, the safer assumption is probably 6.

If you accept that premise, we began at 18 vs. 6. Independents could influence this number, though I don't think there's been any evidence to indicate that one exists. It's not in the role list, and that could be interpreted as a bastardization or a host lie (as DDL has assured us is not the case). This isn't a slam dunk, but it's where I lean. So, 18 vs. 6.

We have 16 players alive. 2 mafia members are dead, and one more is confirmed among us. That leaves us with a theoretical present ratio of 12 vs. 4. In a standard one-lynch/one-kill progression, that would leave us with three mislynches until a MyLo phase at 6 vs. 4. Obviously, that standard progression has not existed to this point and is highly unlikely to exist, so we will have to continually monitor the numbers as they adapt.

If INH is successfully lynched today, we'd enter the night at 12 vs. 3. Worst-case scenario given what we've seen so far, three civilians are killed in the night phase (one by the mafia team, one by a vigilante, and one more by whatever other means). That'd result in 9 vs. 3 the following day. That's the worst scenario (and it still isn't terrible). If a mafioso again dies during the night phase, the dynamic is much brighter for the civilians. We have a clear lead right now, but complacency will murder us if we allow it to.

I think a good POE number to aspire to right now is then 6. If you can contain an entire mafia team of four members (including INH) within your six, then we should have enough mislynches available to win the game. It's a team effort though, so get to it. If anyone sees a flaw in my math or my logic, lemme have it.
What about horocruxes? :|
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

#helping
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:28 pm That's like being outraged because it's raining. There's nothing you can do about it. It happened, and now I have to deal with it. I'd rather be outraged when people scumread me for staying calm, because what even is that?
The comparison is not accurate. You spent zero seconds exploring the potential that poutanko wasn't being truthful, which doesn't even have to reflect a mafia alignment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:30 pm What about horocruxes? :|
If those are a thing and there's more than one, then that's poop. We'll have to see.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:31 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:28 pm That's like being outraged because it's raining. There's nothing you can do about it. It happened, and now I have to deal with it. I'd rather be outraged when people scumread me for staying calm, because what even is that?
The comparison is not accurate. You spent zero seconds exploring the potential that poutanko wasn't being truthful, which doesn't even have to reflect a mafia alignment.
Town-faked reads usually don't have an account for multiple nights. Scum faked reads are a good way to out yourself. And Pout has been voting bulls for days. Obviously not fake.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I was not redirected last night, most likely. I am in a floo chat right now and my partner claimed to diriwhatzit me. For a redirect to target me and send me at timmer, it would have to have targeted them first.

What are the odds of a perfect double redirect?

I saw Quin kissing long con.
He is a liar.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm I dunno, Speed. You’ve been pretty solidly townread minus residual Bullzeye stuff so I would guess, if good, you’re a target for scum-chicanery. But I really don’t kniw how to handle any of this. You aren’t going down like a scum who has been caught unless you’re laying traps, but why would we listen to you if you flip bad anyway?

I think it’s possible Speed is town but it’s probably for the good of the town that we either lynch him now and get time to sort this out after, or lynch INH and vig him/lynch him shortly thereafter. Which is weird to say, but, uh, yeah.
In no universe does it make sense to lynch speedchuck before we lynch INH.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:09 pm This one time I caught Golden and this was a secret code for me to point back to later.
Are you talking about Phenon? I've been thinking about that one.
You’re ruining my secret code. :mad:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:15 pm
Jack - He was my first suspect based on a very minimal reading of his posts. I haven't abandoned that, but I also haven't followed up on it. I've not seen him doing anything alarming since my initial accusation, but I also haven't looked too closely. He'd be in the closest-to-neutral tier of scum reads on a hypothetical rainbow list.
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmkara - I'm hardly aware that they're in the game. That's as much my fault as theirs, but they've been quiet so there's not much I can do here (unless, you know, I start to read things)
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmLuna - Town read, but not comfortable taking her out of this pool. The way INH treated her did not strike me as a teammate interaction.
Why aren't you comfortable?
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmMac - I never really can read Mac even though we've been playing together for 100 years. I haven't discerned any notable scum-tells in that time. Sometimes I pick up on town-tells though, and I haven't done that here. As I mentioned in my last post, he seems like someone to talk about after the current episode ends.
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmQuin - Implicated in a night action dispute with speed. Questions all around, and it seems prudent to pursue one of these two.
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmspeedchuck - Implicated in a night action dispute with quin. Questions all around, and it seems prudent to pursue one of these two. I might favor speed's version of events if not for the other evidence (poutanko's ID) against him.
This is not a read.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pmsprit - Has sprit done anything yet?
This is not a read.

F-minus
I have not read, so it makes sense that i wouldn't have reads.
Flawless logic.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m taking Sloonei out of my poe.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Let's make another summary:

Quin's claim: Expecto Patronum directed at Timmer and Sloonei. Blocks redirects and other dark arts for Quin, Timmer, Sloonei.

Speed's claim: Quin visited Long Con.

For both claims to be true:
Timmer had to use a diricawl on Long Con. Didn't happen, or I'd have seen it. Timmer also denies it. NOT POSSIBLE.
Or
A redirector had to target (my floo partner), aiming to redirect them at Timmer for some reason. I got caught in it instead. I got directed at Timmer, and saw Quin there with ???. This adds an extra scum night action when we already know they did a lot of things. It also nails my other spotted suspect as scum. NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

Quin is lying. His story doesn't make sense, he targeted Sloonei for some reason, he only revealed one target at first.

I am almost certain that Quin tried to Patronus Long Con and my other visitor broke through it with the Elder Wand. Surprisingly, it requires the least assumptions.

-

This, unless someone wants to propose other options, is my final word on that. Quin is 90% lying for some reason. The other 10% are random mechanical screwery. Quin is likely scum due to this. I'll stand by that.

Jay is right that we should probably not focus on this to the exclusion of reads, so I'll just leave it there for now.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:46 pm I’m taking Sloonei out of my poe.
Which way?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:37 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm I dunno, Speed. You’ve been pretty solidly townread minus residual Bullzeye stuff so I would guess, if good, you’re a target for scum-chicanery. But I really don’t kniw how to handle any of this. You aren’t going down like a scum who has been caught unless you’re laying traps, but why would we listen to you if you flip bad anyway?

In no universe does it make sense to lynch speedchuck before we lynch INH.
Except if:
A. There is a reasonable suspicion of scum trickery involved with lynching INH today
B. Solving the speed-Quin-whatever stuff is more valuable to us collectively than having INH dead

I dunno the answer to either point.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 pm A. There is a reasonable suspicion of scum trickery involved with lynching INH today
Didn't you use a Thundebird or something?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:46 pm I’m taking Sloonei out of my poe.
Which way?
Gently.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

But yeah, exactly like Phenon.

I don’t want it.

Stay the course. This is fine.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:02 pm
Which way?
Gently.
I don't know whether you're taking him out of the suspect pool or out of the townfirm pool.

And why?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:02 pm
Which way?
Gently.
I don't know whether you're taking him out of the suspect pool or out of the townfirm pool.

And why?
Suspect pool.

I was being cheeky about his flawless “I haven’t read” logic but seriously I think Sloonei is spewed good by LC flipping bad. Jay disagrees but whatever.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Obviously we need to lynch INH, Speedchuck and Quin for being in the wrong houses. We can just fast forward now.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

If Pout is lying about checking me and Colin then that is an insanely gutsy play holy carp. Would not have expected it from her.
And given the voting it's... a bit of a... long con.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kara, Mac and (drumroll please) a deepwolf are my POE. :grin:

Cause I never ever have only wolves in my POE. So why bother dig into my townleans at this point? Just wait for some flips.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I have been debating this at work and have decided that given the confusion about the night actions I should at least clear one of them up (or make it more confusing).

When I got Glorf's role card I was blown away to see that he had the Phoenix. I suspect he was waiting to use it if JJJ died but of course I don't know for sure. So I promptly did what Colin has been begging everyone to do and I used it, targeting Turnip Head. When dawn came I felt punched in the stomach to see that INH had been rezzed. I suspect I was targeted with Imperio though the only way that makes much sense is if the mafia already knew where the Phoenix was. I mean, why would they target me of all people with Imperio?

So mix that into the cake batter and see if we get a less lumpy cake - or is it now more lumpy?

lots of linki which I will read now
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The rest of my poe
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:14 pm Ok, I have been debating this at work and have decided that given the confusion about the night actions I should at least clear one of them up (or make it more confusing).

When I got Glorf's role card I was blown away to see that he had the Phoenix. I suspect he was waiting to use it if JJJ died but of course I don't know for sure. So I promptly did what Colin has been begging everyone to do and I used it, targeting Turnip Head. When dawn came I felt punched in the stomach to see that INH had been rezzed. I suspect I was targeted with Imperio though the only way that makes much sense is if the mafia already knew where the Phoenix was. I mean, why would they target me of all people with Imperio?

So mix that into the cake batter and see if we get a less lumpy cake - or is it now more lumpy?

God damn it glorf
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:14 pm Ok, I have been debating this at work and have decided that given the confusion about the night actions I should at least clear one of them up (or make it more confusing).

Did Glor fail N1 or more likely N2? If they misdirected you into a dead player, they had to know you had a phoenix.

This means scum misdirect shenanigans very unlikely to be the cause of Speed/Quin discrepancy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This at least nullifies the fear that his resurrection was some trick pulled by the Death Eaters with another play in mind today. I'm less anxious about lynching him, but I still prefer that we have a competing wagon to be safe.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm

Did Glor fail N1 or more likely N2? If they misdirected you into a dead player, they had to know you had a phoenix.

This means scum misdirect shenanigans very unlikely to be the cause of Speed/Quin discrepancy.
I didn't remember Glorf failing but if he did I at least feel better that he tried to use it. And yes, they had to know.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh this is a good point. So glorf must have tried to use it and failed and maybe the mafia tracked to see he targeted a dead player
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The real winner in all this is DDL.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wait juliets what do you mean you don't remember? DDL should have told you his actions.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:00 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 pm A. There is a reasonable suspicion of scum trickery involved with lynching INH today
Yeah, but I’m thinking a bomb or something. Seems unlikely even as I type it though.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm Did Glor fail N1 or more likely N2? If they misdirected you into a dead player, they had to know you had a phoenix.

Glorf wouldn't have to fail. Divination and a couple of other hogwarts abilities could figure it out too. Not just the torture curse.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:23 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:00 pm
Yeah, but I’m thinking a bomb or something. Seems unlikely even as I type it though.
I mean various methods of lynch stopping/surviving are not the same as vote manipulation, so thunderbird wouldn't prevent them
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Oh this is a good point. So glorf must have tried to use it and failed and maybe the mafia tracked to see he targeted a dead player
Very interdasting. So, full speed ahead on INH then.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:21 pm The real winner in all this is DDL.
10 points to Hufflepuff!

(not really)

Return to “Previous Jobs”