Total votes: 23
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Re: [DAY 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I just don't see the value in discussing the same points over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I understand that, and I've been there, but I find the way you've gone about it a little too aggressive for comfort. The steering you've been doing feels motivated.

linki: I can't read lizzy either, but in general the more normal she seems the more I think she is likely to be baddie.
Steering towards what? The theories that have gone around seem to be within the realm of "Dude needs people to talk about him/Dude is taking up focus for some reason" So I pointed out how despite that, people keep giving him attention/focus.

:fiesta:
If he wanted focus, I gave him enough. You want to move on. You have my persimmons.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:There are other birds in the nest that have not shared song.
That is very true, and you know how I feel about non-participants.

linki mongoose: Yes. I don't believe He Who Shall Not Be Named would try something so transparently stupid as a baddie.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I just don't see the value in discussing the same points over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I understand that, and I've been there, but I find the way you've gone about it a little too aggressive for comfort. The steering you've been doing feels motivated.

linki: I can't read lizzy either, but in general the more normal she seems the more I think she is likely to be baddie.
Steering towards what? The theories that have gone around seem to be within the realm of "Dude needs people to talk about him/Dude is taking up focus for some reason" So I pointed out how despite that, people keep giving him attention/focus.

:fiesta:
Not me! I have moved on to you!
I find the way you've done so quite aggressive!
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

We interrupt this program to bring you the current list of low, med, and top posters:

USERNAME POSTS
Mongoose 55
insertnamehere 46
Epignosis 45
thellama73 39
DharmaHelper 34
S~V~S 27
Bullzeye 21
Hedgeowl 21
MovingPictures07 21
Dom 19
Nevinera 13
birdwithteeth11 12
Lizzy 11
bea 9
Flyin' High 9
blindfaeth 8
Devin the Omniscient 8
Kate 8
juliets 7
Spacedaisy 7
reywaS 6
Elohcin 5
A Person 4
Boomslang 3
DFaraday 2
Russtifinko 2
Vompatti 2
agleaminranks 1
BigDamnHero 1
DisgruntledPorcupine 1
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:
S~V~S wrote:In AG, after 26 mentions, Media got a kill. She could also earn protections, poll removals, all kinds of fun things. So i am taking someone who wants to gain attention seriously. This is NOT like that ridiculousness in that game at RM with "Skeletor" etc, that was vapors. This is an actual role that i wrote, so i know what it does.

Linki@ Dom. I don't know what to make of Lizzy, tbh.
Once again, I'm not Media. Also, MP has to change these roles in order to make this a balanced game. He probably changed the effects of the conditions. So, no, you don't know what it does.

Also, it was changed from a baddie to a indie, so maybe the win condition is separate from the civvie or baddie one? Just speculating.
i am sure there were changes~ but i am also sure he left the nature of the role intact. How are you so sure i don't know what it does?

And as far as i am concerned, an Indy is a baddie Lite. Medias win condition is a secret.
thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Linki Llama - What does that have to do with Rox? Because y'all get in those scrapes a lot?
She is usually the one who attacks me for squashing discussion, yes. I think SVS has called me out on it too though, and she has remained curiously quiet about it this game. :shrug:

But the more I see of DH the less I trust him. I really feel like he is trying to direct the conversation and that makes me nervous.
Becasue i did not think he was trying to squash discussion. I have chided you (or anyone) for that when they make a more sweeping statement. DH is saying, "This topic is pointless" I don't agree with him, tbh, but i also do not think that that is trying to direct conversation.

linki x a million~ Lizzy was a civ in Shawshank, and i was a zillion percent sure she was bad becasue she kept defending someone I KNEW was bad. She actually said she would vote for me whenever i voted for him, and she did. He was lynched, and came up bad. I actually scrutinized the roles for a hint of a seemer after she turned up civ. that is Shawshank Lizzy. A cipher. And why anyone would ever think i could read her after that, lol :shrug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote: I find the way you've done so quite aggressive!
Darn tootin'!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Typical, I have the fattest gob in here.

Hedge - How easy is it to tabulate that rundown of top/low posters?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If Princess Twerk is Media, then he sucked at the role.

No offense insertnamehere.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

I have developed a program that scan's this thread and tabulates with ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAINTY any given player's post count.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Dom wrote:SVS, what do you make of Lizzy? I'm curious given the circumstances from Shawshank. :p I was very wrong about her too. This is something I could see Shawshank Lizzy doing, so I don't know what to make of it.
What does "shawshank Lizzy" mean in this case? How was she in that game?

Linki - I don't totally blame him though. I mean if Sexy MoFo wrote some code or not is interesting, but after a while, we gotta talk about something else. Right now I am more interested in who SMF will "produce" tomorrow as a suspect.

Linki
Linki some #€#^{|¥}^%€ shut up!!!
As SVS said, Shawshank Lizzy was acting in a way that made me think she was 100% baddie, but was civvie. In that game, I didn't actually care, as I was the SK, but I was shocked when she came up civvie.
S~V~S wrote: linki x a million~ Lizzy was a civ in Shawshank, and i was a zillion percent sure she was bad becasue she kept defending someone I KNEW was bad. She actually said she would vote for me whenever i voted for him, and she did. He was lynched, and came up bad. I actually scrutinized the roles for a hint of a seemer after she turned up civ. that is Shawshank Lizzy. A cipher. And why anyone would ever think i could read her after that, lol :shrug:
I was wondering what you were thinking in light of Shawshank, that's all. I think it was Llama that said that the more normal lizzy acts, the more likely she is bad? I don't really think I have enough experience with her to know if that is sensible.
But I see we're on the same page about Lizzy :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy does not post one word that she hasn't planned out meticulously in advance. She doesn't slip easily.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:I think it was Llama that said that the more normal lizzy acts, the more likely she is bad? I don't really think I have enough experience with her to know if that is sensible.
I honestly don't know if it is sensible, but I remember the first couple of games she was in she acted completely insane and I was convinced she was bad. I was wrong. So now I tend to think less zany Lizzy = more careful Lizzy who has to think about teammates and not just herself.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Holy shit people! I'm catching up, and as I've read each of the last 2 pages a new page has come up when I clicked onto the next one. That means you are literally posting faster than I can read.

I am voting the top poster for today, as revenge.
Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I think one of the best things about this year in mafia (well for me it was May - December since I'm new) was the games inspiring you to watch/read/play the source material.

I watched Sherlock solely because of the Sherlock game.
I read American Gods solely because of the AG game.
I watched my first episode of Thomas the Tank Engine because of that game.
I saw my first Teen Girl Squad greatness because of Homestar Runner.
I agree with this completely. I just picked up Bioshock, for example, thanks to MP's game. It's scary!
I bought Bioshock because of MP's game. It was one of the greatest video game experiences ever. I still reminisce about it.

I think I mentioned this back then, but my first experience with the game was late at night. It was dark and I was using headphones. If that's not frightening enough, we had just had a birthday party in our home that day. Twice, a balloon brushed up against my leg. :eek:
This is my nightmare, Epi.
juliets wrote: I remember one game where I was bad - Kate was one of the people bad with me - and we all had extra bts occasionally with a random group of people to decide who to vote for i think. I can remember I had to fool people into thinking I was good and it seemed hard everytime i had to do it, and felt especially bad about some people like Rusti. That game, whatever it was, is the one I remember doing the best in.
Juliets, you got me hook, line, and sinker that game. It was ridiculous how completely you fooled me.
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Even though I didn't vote for it, I also want to give a shout out to Grimm's for being one the most fun games ever. From the roleplay and fantasy speak of my first role, to the ridiculously devious nature of my second, I had an absolute blast in that game and was only disappointed that it had to be called off just as my team was on the verge of winning.

Is it weird that my two favorite games so far have both had sock accounts?
Grimm's was one of the funnest games ever, especially because of the creative sock puppet accounts. I loved being Rhinfrew Flowingrass and making jokes about not having any legs. :smile:
You were HILARIOUS that game! Every post you made was a joy for me.

The following two posts made me lol.
Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Vote for the person that seems the most suspicious. Got it?
I think I'll just try to vote for somebody essentially at random, but for whom I can invent a slightly plausible
justification, and hope that I'm not the one selected (essentially at random) to be crucified for my poor excuse
for my day one vote during day two. Is that cool?

I hate this part of the game..
Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I really want to attend one of those sometime but I don't have enough Jewish friends.
I don't think that would be my first pick. I would much rather go to a guy's bar mitzvah than his bris tbh. Especially if Adam Sandler from Wedding Singer were playing at it. :guitar: :dance:

Sooo, day one. awesome, my fav. Epi, about summed it up. I plan to take his advice and vote for someone I find suspicious. However, that's the hard part. You are all suspicious until you coax me in with your friendly banter and witty words, so don't do that this time, k?
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:The Hubris Protocol.

We'll all look back at this day as the day that stared it all.
HuBRIS

Always keep in mind that it will chop off a piece of your cock. :srsnod:
So THAT'S what a bris is? I've been wondering for years! (shudder)
thellama73 wrote:I hesitate to say anything, for fear of being accused of baddie motives, but I don't like the idea of using a computer to play the game for us. It seems to defeat the purpose of the game to substitute a machine for our ability to read people.

I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.
If this argument is true, shouldn't we all play face to face? Actually, now that I think of it, we really should sometime. That would be awesome, and it'd be fun to meet you all in person.
Lizzy wrote:I don't know about you guys, but INH's concept, if ture, is pretty neat. I know it's technically not fair towards the rest of us, but I'm want to see this thing in action and how accurate it is k.
I'm not sure what to make of INH's program, but I share Lizzy's curiosity. I think INH and Nev seem civ-ish so far, so I hope neither of them are the top poster.

Finally, there are a number of VERY powerful indie roles this game. Bob is crazy, and Zodac. They actually worry me more than the baddies, personally. Yuck.

Linki x7: I refuse to respond to these until I've caught up more (I'm a little over halfway done).

Linki: This one too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Sorry 'Goosey! You've earned my ire.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I hesitate to say anything, for fear of being accused of baddie motives, but I don't like the idea of using a computer to play the game for us. It seems to defeat the purpose of the game to substitute a machine for our ability to read people.

I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.
If this argument is true, shouldn't we all play face to face?
Yes, but logistics make that difficult. He Who Shall Not Be Named has no such excuse.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:Holy shit people! I'm catching up, and as I've read each of the last 2 pages a new page has come up when I clicked onto the next one. That means you are literally posting faster than I can read.

I am voting the top poster for today, as revenge.
:mad:

I'm not sure that is the most prudent course of action with all the mania going on today.

Linki Llama - It's not illogical if we all meet in a central location, like Florida.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: Linki Llama - It's not illogical if we all meet in a central location, like Florida.
I'm not sure if Florida is central between Finland, Transylvania, Kentucky, Washington DC, Virginia, South Carolina, Michigan and wherever else these maniacs are from.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Linki Llama - It's not illogical if we all meet in a central location, like Florida.
I'm not sure if Florida is central between Finland, Transylvania, Kentucky, Washington DC, Virginia, South Carolina, Michigan and wherever else these maniacs are from.
Epcot has all of that!

Anyway, can't anyone think of a reason Lizzy vowed her undying vote to Put Moniker Aqui?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epcot has all of that!

Anyway, can't anyone think of a reason Lizzy vowed her undying vote to Put Moniker Aqui?
No, but it doesn't mean anything.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Who is in Transylvania??
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Who is in Transylvania??
Lizzy is.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 0] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Hedgeowl »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Hello. I'll try and keep up with the games I'm in despite my lack of laptop. :p
:phew: took me a while, but I finally finished reading DP. Apparently, he has "laptop" issues. Prolly faking, so my :eye: is on this low poster for sure.

BigDamnHero wrote:Easiest poll question ever....I've been in exactly one game so it was BY FAR my best performance (obviously).
Bragging much? Also super suspicious character.
agleaminranks wrote:Hmm... well, even in the only game I won, I got killed pretty early on. That was the case with most of the games I played too. I'm going to say that my best game was in Homestar Runner mafia because I participated the most, survived the longest, and got most involved.
Maybe a good candidate for a Day 1 lynch? Really keep the trend going of early lynching?
Vompatti wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Vomps, tell us about your vote, son.
I don't want to talk about it. :blush:
Vompatti wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Vomps, tell us about your vote, son.
I don't want to talk about it. :blush:
Ah, the Vompatti strategy. Vote randomly, and explain nothing.
To be fair, anyone who played Mario should understand his vote. Vomp was pretty kickass in that game.
Ture. :mafia:
Moving on to 2 post posters we have Vomps. He has even used the ever evocative :mafia: smiley. Highly suspicious. Russti escaped my damning analysis, by posting several times and dfaraday because he is also hosting his game currently.

Clearly low posters are suspicious bunch and we should watch them all carefully.

The above should be read in sarcastic orange is case that's not clear. I don't want to vote a low poster Day 1. That seems like a lame reason with so much discussion happening. However, I also don't think they get a free pass and will reevaluate in a few days if people are still inactive. I am still waiting for WWE to finish to examine the result of my top posters hide more baddies theory.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Who is in Transylvania??
Lizzy is.
For sers? I dinna know. I thought lizzy bean was a Brit?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote: For sers? I dinna know. I thought lizzy bean was a Brit?
Her accent sounds British when speaking English, as does that of most properly educated Europeans. I know because she told me in our BTS-- NO WAIT NOT THAT!

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So...are you suggesting we NOT lynch him, Mongoose?
I am not suggesting that at all, so I am glad you asked. I will keep an open mind tomorrow, but that's where I'm leaning so far. But it popped in my little ferret brain and I thought I should bring it up in case others found it feasible

BTW all: I went back the Meat Boy and it was Boom Shaka Laka Boomslang that was Tofu Boy who satisfied his win condition in that manner.
Ah, and that's why I'm here, ladies and germs. I liked the idea to validate the Program using Socks, but Apparently that Didn't Fly (and Will be Gratuitously Capitalized). We should probably wait to approach That Sexy Motherfucker. Also, another bold move from Epig with the repetitive names...
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: For sers? I dinna know. I thought lizzy bean was a Brit?
Her accent sounds British when speaking English, as does that of most properly educated Europeans. I know because she told me in our BTS-- NO WAIT NOT THAT!
I knew a German girl with an excellent Australian accent. "Properly educated" Italians, French and Spaniards don't mostly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Re: [DAY 0] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Hello. I'll try and keep up with the games I'm in despite my lack of laptop. :p
:phew: took me a while, but I finally finished reading DP. Apparently, he has "laptop" issues. Prolly faking, so my :eye: is on this low poster for sure.
Even for him, Doesn't Post has reallllllllllllly been phoning it in lately with low participation. I dunno though, not having internet access seems like a pretty good reason.
Russtifinko wrote:Sorry 'Goosey! You've earned my ire.
Careful, lizards and snakes look a lot alike in the dark to mongoose eyes.

See you all tomorrow.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

I'm with DH, we can stop talking about that program now.
If anyone still believes that he has such a thing and that it works, then they are welcome to ask his opinion about all votes from here out,
but I really think Inh was just trying to draw NK fire for some fairly obvious reason.
(and I don't think it will work sir, you picked too unlikely a mechanism for a whole team of people to believe exists).

It probably would have been a great play for Mr. Popularity, but if it was then at this point we'd better
just hope it has a reasonably civ-compatible wincon, because that number is plenty high already.

I don't think we should be splitting up the vote at this point for the sake of bob,
but if he only gets a kill if *none* of his minions are voted for, we should defnitely start getting some spread out there around day 3-4.

The reason I think that bob will be at odds with the baddies (and I don't remember who thought otherwise)
is that bob is a countdown timer, and the things he can do to accelerate his clock all involve getting the civs to
(a) not spread their votes around so TeamBob gets a NK and (b) lynching people that are not on TeamBob.

The most effective way to do either of those things is to use the information acquired via minion to start getting
'insights' into how the mafia are behaving - I think everyone that has ever been on a baddie team is aware that
when you *know* who's bad, they seem like they're being *really obvious*, and you can't believe that everyone
doesn't see exactly who they are. What's more, that will be difficult for civs to spot - we can't tell an uncanny
ability to see who is mafia from blunt baseless suspicion unless it happens a lot of times, and Bob can have his minions
make the allegations from different sources.

So yes, the baddies should focus on finding Bob. They probably don't need to worry about TeamBob after bob is dead (unless it takes 7-8 days),
as I'm sure they'd realize, but Bob should be everyone's priority. The baddies are are carnivores, hunters. Bob is a plague that will eat us all.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

insertnamehere wrote:
S~V~S wrote:In AG, after 26 mentions, Media got a kill. She could also earn protections, poll removals, all kinds of fun things. So i am taking someone who wants to gain attention seriously. This is NOT like that ridiculousness in that game at RM with "Skeletor" etc, that was vapors. This is an actual role that i wrote, so i know what it does.

Once again, I'm not Media. Also, MP has to change these roles in order to make this a balanced game. He probably changed the effects of the conditions. So, no, you don't know what it does.

Also, it was changed from a baddie to a indie, so maybe the win condition is separate from the civvie or baddie one? Just speculating.
This post makes me feel like you probably ARE Media, and I will likely vote for you today, given this suspicion.
I get what you are saying, talking repeatedly about a program that likely does not exist does not help us narrow down suspects for the vote. However, I don't feel as much aggravation over it as you do. I don't think you are suspicious for wanting to move conversation elsewhere though, as apparently others seem to think.

I'm probably voting for INH today, because if he is Media, I think he could be potentially dangerous to keep around. And if he is telling the truth, well he can play with his program from beyond the grave to test it out. More power to him.

Question: what happens when you out the winners from a years worth of games into one game?

Answer: absolute insanity and much hilarity. I love this.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Spacedaisy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

This post makes me feel like you probably ARE Media, and I will likely vote for you today, given this suspicion.
I get what you are saying, talking repeatedly about a program that likely does not exist does not help us narrow down suspects for the vote. However, I don't feel as much aggravation over it as you do. I don't think you are suspicious for wanting to move conversation elsewhere though, as apparently others seem to think.

I'm probably voting for INH today, because if he is Media, I think he could be potentially dangerous to keep around. And if he is telling the truth, well he can play with his program from beyond the grave to test it out. More power to him.

Question: what happens when you out the winners from a years worth of games into one game?

I endorse this entire post :noble:
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Wow, a girl goes to sleep for the night and comes back to another post explosion! XD
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:A turd with a top hat is still a turd.
No pics plz.

The Stigmata of Lizzy is really bothering me too. It's so weird. I can't even

Epi - Does Lizzy's behavior seem like something you might have done in recent games? It seems a bit familiar, but I can't place it directly.
If you're trying to be subtle, I don't know what you are asking.
It reminds me a bit of when you made the non-aggression pact with Eloh (I think that was on Rev?) and then also (as best I recall) you saying you would strongly consider following someone's vote in WWE (maybe even mine).

It's a big Fear & Loathing blur for me as I've overdone it a bit and that's why I'm on break other than this game. Note: I'm not asking as a way to call you out but in hopes that you may be able to successfully psycho-analyze our little giraffe.

linki - What is that all about. Weirdest rapport ever.
I made a pact with Eloh in Lost on RM because I could tell she had no BTSC. I was right and always have been right and those who never listen to me in that regard need a spanking.

I went after Epi for days in the recent LOST Island game on RM because I was convinced he had a Mr. Popular style role and was pure evil. Turns out he was just a pregnant mother. Oops. :blush: Due to being so horridly wrong on that (and various other things [see above spanking]) I am now a bit wary of jumping to the conclusion that someone who is acting bizarre and drawing tons of attention must have some sort of Mr. Popular role. Now, unlike the LOST game where I jumped to conclusions based on no evidence of a role's existence whatsoever, we know for a fact there is a role in this game that gains power via popularity. So what I'm trying to decide is if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, is it a duck that has a win condition that opposes the civvie lifestyle?
ImageImage

Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Prove it. Show us this difference, pick a player and blow our minds.
Why would I tell you guys the tells for a certain player in this game, that player could then avoid those words or phrases, and then his data will be inaccurate.
Why wouldn't you want to show that your system works?
I want to, but I want to do it without giving information to possible baddies in the thread, so they can break it.
I think you're a role checker :p

But if not, I'm with llama and Nev on this. I'd rather listen to my gut instincts than have a computer tell me who's bad. That's kind of the point of these text based games. You read up on everyone and then use your own intuition to try and determine who is bad (or your biggest threat if you are bad).

Lots of catching up to do. Thanks guys! This may not completely happen today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

This is an insane amount of posting - i get to the end and can't remember what I wanted to respond to (next time I'll start my post as I go).

At this moment in time I'm most likely to vote for INH today but I've also been pinged by Lizzy. With INH, first I am convinced by Nevin's argument that there is no way he has a program that does what he says. The amount of expertise you would need to do that does not seem equal to the amount of expertise that INH admittedly has (or doesn't have). So in short, I believe he is not telling the truth. I also believe the highest probability is he is Media. I know Media is an indy but an indy who doesn't tell the truth doesn't seem like a civv leaning indy to me so I don't see him as someone I want to keep around.

I am pinged by Lizzy for saying she will follow INH. Why? Lizzy I asked you earlier but didn't get an answer as to what you think about all the information Nevinera provided that shows its really just not possible for INH to have what he says? At this point, I just dont understand. I don't know if this makes Lizzy bad or not - I still have to work that through in my head - but it is super weird to me. Hopefully you can explain a little more about this Lizzy.

I used to vote low voters as a default if I didnt know who else to vote but then when I co-hosted American Gods with SVS I saw that the people that we normally see as low posters were all in civv roles. That experience made me a little leery about voting someone who is just a low poster.

Finally, if we are calling each other by the names on our avatars I guess I would have to be called God. Haha, no I'm kidding. That's Daphne and Apollo in my avatar so you can call me either of those or anything else you see fit.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm getting crucified in the thread, because some people are idiotically thinking that I'm Media. We need to stop worrying about the Media role. My role, at least was heavily changed from it's original.
S~V~S wrote: And as far as i am concerned, an Indy is a baddie Lite.
S~V~S, I really thought that you would know better then that. That's the most stupid thing I've read in the whole thread. In fact, it's so stupid, it's really making me question your allegiances. Usual smart S~V~S would never say something like that. Once again, why are we focusing so much on Media? You know, instead of BOB, or the actual Baddies! Me being framed for an unimportant indie role, and that all of a sudden making me Public Enemy No. 1 is weirding me out. Someone wants to shift focus from BOB, or the Baddies, and a lot of other people are happy to oblige.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:I feel like a lot of birdies need to check in or back in.

C'mon and speak, y'all. Water, Helen, water!
:haha: I thought of the musical they did in South Park!

Also, quit posting so I can catch up people! Sheesh!
I feel like if I respond to anything now, I will be all :dead horse:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

So, the name from the program is Dom. Once again, this isn't by any means a 100% decision. In fact, Day 1 is the day most likely for the Program to be incorrect, due to the small sample size. I'll be able to narrow it down more and more as the game goes on. I'm voting for Dom, but I wouldn't mind if I'm the only one, just to be safe in case of BOB.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

insertnamehere wrote:I'm getting crucified in the thread, because some people are idiotically thinking that I'm Media. We need to stop worrying about the Media role. My role, at least was heavily changed from it's original.
S~V~S, I really thought that you would know better then that. That's the most stupid thing I've read in the whole thread. In fact, it's so stupid, it's really making me question your allegiances. Usual smart S~V~S would never say something like that. Once again, why are we focusing so much on Media? You know, instead of BOB, or the actual Baddies! Me being framed for an unimportant indie role, and that all of a sudden making me Public Enemy No. 1 is weirding me out. Someone wants to shift focus from BOB, or the Baddies, and a lot of other people are happy to oblige.
I don't think you're Media (or necessarily even bad), but it's kinda harsh to call people idiotic or stupid for thinking it. SVS distrusting indies is actually pretty standard for her in my view. Pretty sure she didn't shed any tears after we lynched fairly neutral Llama in Shawshank. Personally I'd rather be looking for baddies than indies/neutrals in any case. If they can win with civs they're no threat, but if the thread turns against them why would they want to?

Who do you think you'll vote for today?

Linki - You resorted to your program I see, so nothing in like 5 pages has caught your eye? Is your program by any chance named random.org? :p
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

EBWOP: More like nearly 15 pages I guess! Underestimated that a bit.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote:So, the name from the program is Dom. Once again, this isn't by any means a 100% decision. In fact, Day 1 is the day most likely for the Program to be incorrect, due to the small sample size. I'll be able to narrow it down more and more as the game goes on. I'm voting for Dom, but I wouldn't mind if I'm the only one, just to be safe in case of BOB.
Yeah, I won't be voting that way.

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I'm getting crucified in the thread, because some people are idiotically thinking that I'm Media. We need to stop worrying about the Media role. My role, at least was heavily changed from it's original.
I don't think you're Media (or necessarily even bad), but it's kinda harsh to call people idiotic or stupid for thinking it. SVS distrusting indies is actually pretty standard for her in my view. Pretty sure she didn't shed any tears after we lynched fairly neutral Llama in Shawshank. Personally I'd rather be looking for baddies than indies/neutrals in any case. If they can win with civs they're no threat, but if the thread turns against them why would they want to?
I think that S~V~S is a very smart and intelligent lady, which is why her saying something as stupid as that makes me very suspicious.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I think that S~V~S is a very smart and intelligent lady, which is why her saying something as stupid as that makes me very suspicious.
It's an opinion she has consistently held for at least as long as I've been playing. Consistency is suspicious?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
It's an opinion she has consistently held for at least as long as I've been playing. Consistency is suspicious?
I've never seen her do it before, but maybe I'm just an idiot.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I would never call you an idiot, but apparently you're not very observant.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Bullzeye wrote:I would never call you an idiot, but apparently you're not very observant.
Wow, thanks. Bullzeye's true colors revealed! :p
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

insertnamehere wrote:Also, MP has to change these roles in order to make this a balanced game. He probably changed the effects of the conditions. So, no, you don't know what it does.

Yeah. I need to go back and read all of the roles at some point, but I agree that this game seems to be completely out of balance against the civs.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:
That is very true, and you know how I feel about non-participants.

linki mongoose: Yes. I don't believe He Who Shall Not Be Named would try something so transparently stupid as a baddie.
I'm trying :p

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

Let's keep it friendly guys.

SVS's opinion regarding indies is neither a new one nor an unusual one. Plenty of people feel the same way about indies. In my opinion, if you are Media there is a chance you could be earning a kill. Indy or not, I don't think it is a chance I would like to take. Also, a secret win condition does not sit well with me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Spacedaisy wrote:Let's keep it friendly guys.

SVS's opinion regarding indies is neither a new one nor an unusual one. Plenty of people feel the same way about indies. In my opinion, if you are Media there is a chance you could be earning a kill. Indy or not, I don't think it is a chance I would like to take. Also, a secret win condition does not sit well with me.
I tend to agree. Indies are unknowable loose cannons and in this game what we don't know can kill us.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Wow second game in a week this has come up.

I guess I have been holding stupid opinions since 2009, since this has always been my opinion of Indy roles in general.

:noble:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Spacedaisy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Pretty much all of this. :srsnod:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”