65%
Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: [NIGHT 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by bea »

I think you've done a great job with the smileys tbh. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

I have delayed until the last possible moment to post for reasons that should become clear as you read it. I will not vote for the popular option Day 2. My thoughts and then my reason for this decision follow:

Someone survived a lynch Day 1. These explicit possibilities exist:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Homestar Runner - [Homestar Runner] - The lovable, but dimwitted star of this show. Each night, Homestar will host two players to join in his game show the subsequent day period. They will have the duration of the day period to play, and then during the night period, Homestar will declare one of the two the winner and that player will be awarded a prize. One day he can choose to sleep through the phase, thereby making himself unlynchable but causing his vote not to count either, and one night he can sleepwalk, thereby allowing him to follow another player, discovering whom they targeted.
This is possibility #1. If this is the case, then he's not doing anyone any favors by attracting lynches.
MovingPictures07 wrote:MacGyver - [MacGyver] – Cannot be lynched while Penny is alive.
This is possibility #2. If this is the case, then he's not doing anyone any favors by attracting lynches.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Mycroft Holmes - [Sherlock] – Sherlock's brother, and high-ranking member of the British government. Can save someone from lynch three times, but not himself, and not the same player more than once.
This is possibility #3. However, I cannot see Mycroft Holmes saving anyone on Day 1 (except the Three Amigos saving one of their own).
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dr. Fetus - [Super Meat Boy] – The game’s antagonist, Dr. Fetus, is truly evil. Every night, he hides Bandage Girl within a level that he has engineered to confuse Meat Boy; he must choose which level by the end of each day period. If she is found, he flees and tries again. Dr. Fetus cannot be lynched until Meat Boy is successful in finding Bandage Girl a fourth time.
This is possibility #4. If this is the case, then lynching him Day 2 will be fruitless.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sander Cohen[Bioshock] – Controller and head of Fort Frolic, Cohen is an artist gone mad, to say the least. Now that he has finished his masterpiece, the Quadytch, he is content, only angered by those who dare to doubt him. He survives the first two attempts on his life, whether by lynch or by nightkill. Every odd night, he may use his camera to take a picture of any deceased individual, revealing their role to him. Wins by surviving, but only if everyone else alive has never doubted him.
This is possibility #5. Assuming a "doubter" is someone who has voted for Sander Cohen, then I think it just got really hard for him to win if this possibility is correct.

Yes, I'm aware there are secrets (as I'm sure someone will be swift to point out); I cannot account for those and I never care to speculate.

"But he's Media for fuck's sake," I hear. That may be. Don't stop reading.

++++

On Day 1, people were frightened the most over two particular independent roles. And nobody wanted to discuss this one?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Zodac[Masters of the Universe] – The Cosmic Enforcer (Secrets)
I do not know how our host has retooled Zodac for this, but I am acutely aware of how this independent functioned originally. Zodac will want to make one of his targets the individual most likely to receive the most votes so that he can kill someone else.

I know there will be an urge Day 2 to vote for the one who should have been lynched Day 1, but this is not wise. For if Zodac targets him and someone else he wants dead, and the votes fall heavy upon the former, then Zodac is free to eliminate the latter. And that latter could be you. Or you. Or YOU.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:I keep looking for something similar but bigger.
Why do they always say that?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

You probably could have held that until Day, Epi.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:You probably could have held that until Day, Epi.
I thought about that. Then suppose I was told I was unable to communicate for the Day? That wouldn't be good.

I waited as long as could so that Zodac could not chance his targets. Nor anyone else for that matter.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*change
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

bea wrote:I think you've done a great job with the smileys tbh. :)
Agreed! We have a great collection!!! :bass:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
bea wrote:I think you've done a great job with the smileys tbh. :)
Agreed! We have a great collection!!! :bass:
There are a few I want from RM:

nicenod
sneaky
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

and pout!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone, I've had an insanely busy day and evening... I still have to compile more night actions.. I think I am still missing a few even. I'll give it a bit longer. I still need to do some more things anyway. I'll try to get to finishing my stuff here and then writing up the post as soon as I can. Sorry that life has gotten in the way; I feel I don't have near the time to host this as I thought I might since I've been balancing the new professor position, and also since I was on a Skype call with one of the PhD program directors for over an hour this evening.

So... post will come when it comes.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I feel I don't have near the time to host this as I thought I might since I've been balancing the new professor position, and also since I was on a Skype call with one of the PhD program directors for over an hour this evening.

Tell the old prick you have Mafia to Host. Invite him to join. Then he'd understand.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I feel I don't have near the time to host this as I thought I might since I've been balancing the new professor position, and also since I was on a Skype call with one of the PhD program directors for over an hour this evening.

Tell the old prick you have Mafia to Host. Invite him to join. Then he'd understand.
Seeing that for the last day I've just been posting Lou Reed lyrics and doing this: ;airguitar: all over the thread, I'm not sure that's a great idea.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
I thought about that. Then suppose I was told I was unable to communicate for the Day? That wouldn't be good.

I waited as long as could so that Zodac could not chance his targets. Nor anyone else for that matter.
i would in general go with you on this; I think you know my concern.

If we could be guaranteed not to feed Mr Man, I would be there. But we can't be guaranteed. You know that. Normally i would agree that in this case, containment is best. But I don't know that we can count on everyone to contain themselves, to not just post things they ought not just for the lulz.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Thanks for that post, Epi. That was very helpful!

Linkitis..

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If we could be guaranteed not to feed Mr Man, I would be there. But we can't be guaranteed. You know that. Normally i would agree that in this case, containment is best. But I don't know that we can count on everyone to contain themselves, to not just post things they ought not just for the lulz.
Well I don't believe for a second that so-and-so is M&M. If you catch my meaning.

You may want to lynch so-and-so. Too bad. Z will use your zealous votes to kill anybody he wants. So go and marinade on that for a minute.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Well, well, don't we have a dilemma here? Vote for me, and then Mr. Zodac siphons the votes. Don't, and I get to ;airguitar: another day. What ever shall you do?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:and pout!
nice nod, pout, polite giggle and blushing are my favs from RM.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Seeing that for the last day I've just been posting Lou Reed lyrics and doing this: ;airguitar: all over the thread, I'm not sure that's a great idea.
Yeah. You might accidentally call him a motherfucker, too...

BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey everyone, I've had an insanely busy day and evening... I still have to compile more night actions.. I think I am still missing a few even. I'll give it a bit longer. I still need to do some more things anyway. I'll try to get to finishing my stuff here and then writing up the post as soon as I can. Sorry that life has gotten in the way; I feel I don't have near the time to host this as I thought I might since I've been balancing the new professor position, and also since I was on a Skype call with one of the PhD program directors for over an hour this evening.

damn....even as a host u can be chatty... :slick: :offtobed:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Well I don't believe for a second that so-and-so is M&M. If you catch my meaning.

You may want to lynch so-and-so. Too bad. Z will use your zealous votes to kill anybody he wants. So go and marinade on that for a minute.
Maybe Z wants him gone too, we can only hope.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I have nothing against Zodac, and if he wishes to contact me, I will do everything in my power to help him.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

BigDamnHero wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey everyone, I've had an insanely busy day and evening... I still have to compile more night actions.. I think I am still missing a few even. I'll give it a bit longer. I still need to do some more things anyway. I'll try to get to finishing my stuff here and then writing up the post as soon as I can. Sorry that life has gotten in the way; I feel I don't have near the time to host this as I thought I might since I've been balancing the new professor position, and also since I was on a Skype call with one of the PhD program directors for over an hour this evening.

damn....even as a host u can be chatty... :slick: :offtobed:
:haha:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Maybe Z wants him gone too, we can only hope.
Uh, yeah Z would want him gone. But not as long as he's getting suspicion.

Timmer played this perfectly until the very end.

You want to talk about dangerous independents? How about someone who can lynch you just by PMing your name to the host?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, unless you are Z, Epi, you have no real way of knowing what he wants. So let us find out on our own. He may be an indy after your heart, meaning no harm to anyone only wanting to live till the end :)

That would be nice,
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:Also, unless you are Z, Epi, you have no real way of knowing what he wants. So let us find out on our own. He may be an indy after your heart, meaning no harm to anyone only wanting to live till the end :)

That would be nice,
S~V~S, friend to indies everywhere.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Also, unless you are Z, Epi, you have no real way of knowing what he wants. So let us find out on our own. He may be an indy after your heart, meaning no harm to anyone only wanting to live till the end :)

That would be nice,
I agree with this. :srsnod:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I would rather take my chances with Zodac, tbh, than with this situation, tbh. Maybe not everyone does, but I personally do.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:

That would be nice,
What I am proposing is that you lynch HIM on Day 3. That is all. I am not defending HIM. If Zodac targeted him, he can't do so again.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

SVS is so pro-indie, she would never doing something like act diplomatic and friendly until I'm out, and then back to regular indie hunter SVS.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Good night. This has been SO much fun, and i am sure it will only get better :)
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

She would try to screw over Zodac if she had any chance at all. To any indies out there, don't trust her. And BOB, you have my number. Call me....
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

That would be nice,
What I am proposing is that you lynch HIM on Day 3. That is all. I am not defending HIM. If Zodac targeted him, he can't do so again.
I think this is a fair request. That said - we do have Day 2 to find someone to lynch.....

svs - what about that situation feels more dangerous than the zodiac situation?

I'm trying to find understanding from both of you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

maybe you need to read the last few posts above you.

I will be back to vote.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

This is like a Looney Tunes cartoon, when Elmer Fudd sets up a really obvious fake set up to catch Bugs Bunny. Bugs Bunny just sees right through it and ignores it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:maybe you need to read the last few posts above you.

I will be back to vote.
maybe - admitedly - there have been beers involved in my night for the first time since "hot toddy poliza" - really- my lack of drinking should tell you about the sickness level of our house these days.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:

I will be back to vote.
maybe - admitedly - there have been beers involved in my night for the first time since "hot toddy poliza" - really- my lack of drinking should tell you about the sickness level of our house these days.
I have beer too! Here's to you, bea! :wine:

Why are there smilies for tea, coffee, wine and martinis, but no beer?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry, guys, I am absolutely exhausted and I still have other items to finish up for my ACC 300 class, which I barely will be able to get through without crashing.

I really hate to do it, but since we are getting to a weird time anyway, I'm "extending" the night period until about 7:00PM EST tomorrow or, essentially, whenever is convenient for me tomorrow to have the night post ready. There's just no way I can have it ready tonight.

Sorry for the delay. I hope to avoid this kind of instance altogether in the future.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And by "extending", I am not accepting any PMs that I currently am missing.

I'll be back to construct the post tomorrow evening. Again, sorry for the let down, but I just have not had the proper time for it as I thought I would today.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm sorry, guys, I am absolutely exhausted and I still have other items to finish up for my ACC 300 class, which I barely will be able to get through without crashing.

I really hate to do it, but since we are getting to a weird time anyway, I'm "extending" the night period until about 7:00PM EST tomorrow or, essentially, whenever is convenient for me tomorrow to have the night post ready. There's just no way I can have it ready tonight.

Sorry for the delay. I hope to avoid this kind of instance altogether in the future.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I want to emphasize that it is critical you still vote by the deadline, however. Missing votes in a game like this might not be such a good idea. :feb:
:evileye:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm sorry, guys, I am absolutely exhausted and I still have other items to finish up for my ACC 300 class, which I barely will be able to get through without crashing.

Host fail! :(

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:

Host fail! :(

This is a game for Champions!!! Hosted by a Champion host!!!! *shakes fist*

*suddenly remembers she missed the Day 1 vote*

MP - I totally understand. You take as much time as you need. I'm sorry I was lame back there. :hug:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I for one, never feel like I'm in a position to criticize a host being late.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

MP, take your time hoss. We're not going anywhere.

I will entertain everyone with a cat anecdote. He had his insulin level bumped up today, and he is feeling a lot better. I can tell, because he is already pitting James and me against one another for his enjoyment and financial gain.

Llama Lo - I think it's great you are sticking up for S~V~S. Do you typically have this nice rapport with her or am I thinking of all the other lovely ladies you um tend to get into head-to-heads with generally.

Also the wine bottle looks like a tabasco bottle.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Ugh, that was a terrible anecdote! That wasn't even an anecdote!

Here's an anecdote.

I've fed Pipecleaner Newman's Own since he was a kitten. When Paul Newman died, I went to Barnes & Noble to get some commemorative magazines. When I walked in the door with them, Pipecleaner ran to his food bowl because he recognized his face from the food bag all these years. My own PawPaw doesn't believe this story, but it actually happened.

If Sockface isn't accepting any new PMs, I think it's safe to delve into matters a bit more if we want without the fear of getting NK'd. That said, a lot more was discussed during N1, so hopefully that was productive.

Happy Wednesday, everyone.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

So, all night actions should be randomized. That'll be fun.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: Llama Lo - I think it's great you are sticking up for S~V~S. Do you typically have this nice rapport with her or am I thinking of all the other lovely ladies you um tend to get into head-to-heads with generally.
We usually fight like cats and dogs, but I like to think those conflicts have given us a healthy respect for one another.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Llama Lo - I think it's great you are sticking up for S~V~S. Do you typically have this nice rapport with her or am I thinking of all the other lovely ladies you um tend to get into head-to-heads with generally.
We usually fight like cats and dogs, but I like to think those conflicts have given us a healthy respect for one another.
I totally am catching what you're throwing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

insertnamehere wrote:I for one, never feel like I'm in a position to criticize a host being late.
I for one never tend to be srrs when a cute joke can do the same thing :D
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:
bea wrote:

I will be back to vote.
I have beer too! Here's to you, bea! :wine:

Why are there smilies for tea, coffee, wine and martinis, but no beer?

tbh - I usually prefer the wine - but ya know - we've been sick for a while so the left over new years brews and stuffs were still around the house.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:Good night. This has been SO much fun, and i am sure it will only get better :)
:hug:

Epi, do you have any ideas as to where else to look for today?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”