World Flags Mafia GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Moderator: Community Team

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 330

Re: World Flags Mafia [Day1] UNheard of Accusations

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:07 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:59 pm What would happen if I decided to [VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
Let's try it on.
:charlieblackmon:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

:charlieblackmon:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I finally got some schoolwork done and then fell asleep at a reasonable hour and was cruising toward a good healthy night but then i woke back up and can't sleep so I'm gonna start ISOing people. I keep seeing poutanko's name come up, so let's start there:
poutanko wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:20 am Nutella
Colin
Sloonei

Lynch one and shoot the rest
Ouch. I have no idea why these reads exist. Let's see if she explains.
poutanko wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 am @dunya filterless people being not filterless. Bad sign. All 3.

Sorry no quote, kept getting logged out if I did. Took me 3x just to post this.
Not a bad observation on my part at least, but this feels like a bit of an extreme reaction to some early low profiles. I can see why people have alleged salad against poutanko as well. How does she handle this position moving forward?
poutanko wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:18 am Might as well put this down since it’ll be important later.

Town - Epi, Leet, Nova, Nutella, Mac, in that order
Scum - Dunya, Jay, also in that order and likely not teamed
Null - Everyone else. Post moar plz.
Town read and scum read - too mainstream, null is the way Image
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:25 am
poutanko wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 am @dunya filterless people being not filterless. Bad sign. All 3.

how have I not been filterless lmao

though this is a good characterization of why I suspect sloonei
Okie Image
I do not know what either of these responses mean.

poutanko has some GTH reads spread out over a series of posts. I'm compiling them all in one place for easy viewing:
DDL town
mac town
audrey town
luna town
speed scum
nova town
sabie scum
jack town
jay town
dunya town
leetic town
tsa scum
nutella scum
sloonei scum
faraday scum

long con ask a psychic
epi town
quin town
colin scum
speedchuck, sabie, ts account, nutella, yours truly, dfaraday, and colin are bad. [mention]poutanko[/mention] care to explain any/all of those?
poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:11 am
If you can't be bothered to even check the correct name on my list, you're not worth my time Image
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am Quin is sidelining. Don't blame him. He stayed in community that long by sidelining.

Nova is playing different here..

Poutanko is spilling the tea.
1) Is this a comment on Quin’s alignment?

2) Can you be more exact?

3) Can you point out where you see poutanko “spilling the tea”?
Why is there no follow up after these questions were answered? What's the point of asking these 3?
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:55 pm

I mean there is an 8 year-old playing, I think I’ll hold off on racial epithets for now
Filterless = say whatever you have in mind without caring about the effect it will have on people's view on you. How did you interpret it as filtering racial epithets when Sloonei and Nutella never use them and I put you with the exact same accusation? Playing dumb here? Image
Awful bold of you to assume I don't use racial epithets after just one game together, you lovely person you.
I dig the point about Colin. I'll look at him next to see if he responded. BUT, for the record, Colin was just mislynched in It's Always Sunny two days ago in large part because he wasn't being as active as folks wanted him to be.

There is minimal content here, but it's at least all on topic and fairly active. By way of responding to your concerns about me, poutanko: I'm in another game right now (It's Always Sunny) which is in a crucial stage at the moment. You can go look at it, I've been posting like a maniac in there, and I really don't have time for one busy game right now, let alone two. I hope I can get more involved in this one moving forward, at least before all the guns come out.

I lean town on poutanko right now, though I should note that I've only played one game with her to date and she absolutely fooled me as scum in that one.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59 am I finally got some schoolwork done and then fell asleep at a reasonable hour and was cruising toward a good healthy night but then i woke back up and can't sleep so I'm gonna start ISOing people. I keep seeing poutanko's name come up, so let's start there:
Colin
Sloonei

Not a bad observation on my part at least, but this feels like a bit of an extreme reaction to some early low profiles. I can see why people have alleged salad against poutanko as well. How does she handle this position moving forward?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:18 am Might as well put this down since it’ll be important later.

Okie Image

poutanko has some GTH reads spread out over a series of posts. I'm compiling them all in one place for easy viewing:
DDL town
mac town
audrey town
luna town
speed scum
nova town
sabie scum
jack town
jay town
dunya town
leetic town
tsa scum
nutella scum
sloonei scum
faraday scum

long con ask a psychic
epi town
quin town
colin scum
speedchuck, sabie, ts account, nutella, yours truly, dfaraday, and colin are bad. @poutanko care to explain any/all of those?
If you can't be bothered to even check the correct name on my list, you're not worth my time Image
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am Quin is sidelining. Don't blame him. He stayed in community that long by sidelining.

Why is there no follow up after these questions were answered? What's the point of asking these 3?

I mean there is an 8 year-old playing, I think I’ll hold off on racial epithets for now
Filterless = say whatever you have in mind without caring about the effect it will have on people's view on you. How did you interpret it as filtering racial epithets when Sloonei and Nutella never use them and I put you with the exact same accusation? Playing dumb here? Image
Awful bold of you to assume I don't use racial epithets after just one game together, you lovely person you.
I dig the point about Colin. I'll look at him next to see if he responded. BUT, for the record, Colin was just mislynched in It's Always Sunny two days ago in large part because he wasn't being as active as folks wanted him to be.

There is minimal content here, but it's at least all on topic and fairly active. By way of responding to your concerns about me, poutanko: I'm in another game right now (It's Always Sunny) which is in a crucial stage at the moment. You can go look at it, I've been posting like a maniac in there, and I really don't have time for one busy game right now, let alone two. I hope I can get more involved in this one moving forward, at least before all the guns come out.

I lean town on poutanko right now, though I should note that I've only played one game with her to date and she absolutely fooled me as scum in that one.
Of course you lean town on me in the end of your long post (despite saying not sure what some of my posts even mean and minimal content you said they had). Don't want to have another going after you, do you? Image

If you're busy with the other game, there's no need to spam over here with fluff post (to even claimed you had the highest post count at one point). There's no reason to feel an obligation to post unless you want to "appear" active.
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

For my GTH read, the reason is magic Image
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:55 am Getting this one out of the way early

[VOTE: DUNYA] aubergine
Colin did this exact thing in It's Always Sunny and was town. So I'll mark it as NAI and avoid going down the WIFOM drain for now.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:47 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:43 pm Dunya has big teeth, eyes, blows down houses, etc.
I suspect dunya too, you fart. Colin's vote is independently poop.
Why? Looked fine to me.
It was placed with no relevance to the content of this game and instead served to play to a semi-inside joke. It bores me.
You want boring? I first started reading War and Peace five years ago and just finished it tonight (there were several start and stops in that time.) As a review, I will say this: clocking in at 1225 pages (pre-notes), it can probably be used to knock someone out.
I'm seeing a lot of badmouthing of popular novels in this game.
This post addresses nothing that Jay said. This post also reads like a continuation of IASIP Colin. Fudge it, I'll indulge in some WIFOM: Would ColinIsScum keep up the same lazy-low-key meta act that he was just mislynched for in another game running concurrently to this one, knowing that his town status in that one will be verified and considered in his play here? Question for the assembly.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm I have a good feeling about Epignosis. That's about it.
Tell me about dunya.
The fact that I have been wrong about her since I first met her has made me re-assess the way I perceive her, so I actually feel pretty decent about her right now.
moving along...
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:10 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm I have a good feeling about Epignosis. That's about it.
Tell me about dunya.
The fact that I have been wrong about her since I first met her has made me re-assess the way I perceive her, so I actually feel pretty decent about her right now.
What about her gives you that impression?
She's looking pretty regular. Admittedly, this game started out a bit looser in the first few pages than they usually do; it doesn't seem like people were really acting seriously (myself included). But, yeah, pretty regular at any rate.
Yeah I'm coming back to my WIFOM question. This is the exact same tone Colin had in It's Always Sunny, though he's a bit less hostile toward dunya here. I could go either on that.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:34 am
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:28 am The Mafia are Epi, JJJ, Dunya, Jack, Sloonei and Nutella.

Gameset.
Has there ever been a game where all of the mafia were the top posters? I don't think so. This is exposure bias. You are forgetting that there are several low-lying players in this game who could easily have scum role cards and have not had occasion to bare themselves in the open yet. The day 1 thread environment so far has funneled attention onto a few select people, making it a piece of cake for others to slide by unscrutinized.
... do I need to point out that I was only joking? Really?
Following Mac’s lead here, this nutella post reads very false. And like she found something she could pick at based on its logic that has nothing to do with who is or isn’t bad.
Colin piggybacks on a thing Mac said, but the thought Colin provides is an original one, not just an extension of Mac's question. I kinda like this.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:56 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:00 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:55 am @leetic - you mentioned colin is your biggest scum suspect. i don't really see how he can be the strongest suspect out of everyone else atm. can you walm me through that?
His vote on you which he apparently retracted (but not fully) when it proved unpopular, and general attempts at hiding under the radar, made him look the most suspicious out of everyone at the time of my wallpost. I'd like to see his response first, though.
It was a joke.
I like this less. leetic raises multiple points against Colin and he responds to only one of them with a big ole shrug.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:25 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm I'm getting too many easy town reads from you guys. I can only assume it means you all are secretly planning to target me with guns.
Luna town
Why this?

Then there's just a couple quick questions for folks. I am conflicted about Colin. He was just mislynched in another game for playing very similarly to this, but I think that is something he'd be conscious of if he rolled bad in this one. But that certainly does not need to be the case, and it is verified that his similar behavior in It's Always Sunny was Town Colin.

I'd like to know why exactly that Luna town read exists, and maybe what he thinks of poutanko and Jay as well, since he's had interactions with them. Colin, talk about those people.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59 am
I finally got some schoolwork done and then fell asleep at a reasonable hour and was cruising toward a good healthy night but then i woke back up and can't sleep so I'm gonna start ISOing people. I keep seeing poutanko's name come up, so let's start there:
Colin
Sloonei

Okie Image

DDL town
mac town
audrey town
luna town
speed scum
nova town
sabie scum
jack town
jay town
dunya town
leetic town
tsa scum
nutella scum
sloonei scum
faraday scum

long con ask a psychic
epi town
quin town
colin scum
speedchuck, sabie, ts account, nutella, yours truly, dfaraday, and colin are bad. @poutanko care to explain any/all of those?

[
/quote]
Of course you lean town on me in the end of your long post (despite saying not sure what some of my posts even mean and minimal content you said they had). Don't want to have another going after you, do you? Image

If you're busy with the other game, there's no need to spam over here with fluff post (to even claimed you had the highest post count at one point). There's no reason to feel an obligation to post unless you want to "appear" active.
Forgive me for trying to play this game. You have minimal content, but you've not shied away from sharing reads and making things happen when you've been here. I like that.

Why is ts account a scum read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I tried to make that more visually appealing and I butchered it.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:20 am
poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59 am
Colin
Sloonei

Okie Image

DDL town
mac town
audrey town
luna town
speed scum
nova town
sabie scum
jack town
jay town
dunya town
leetic town
tsa scum
nutella scum
sloonei scum
faraday scum

long con ask a psychic
epi town
quin town
colin scum

Forgive me for trying to play this game. You have minimal content, but you've not shied away from sharing reads and making things happen when you've been here. I like that.

Why is ts account a scum read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Fix your quote, dude.
Why is TSA a scum read of mine?
poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 am For my GTH read, the reason is magic Image
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

So [mention]Sloonei[/mention] tell me again, why did you feel the need to spam post here when you're still busy with the other game?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 am So @Sloonei tell me again, why did you feel the need to spam post here when you're still busy with the other game?
... because I'm not busy at the moment and I don't want to continue neglecting this game.

Tell me why that post is "spam" to you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:22 am Fix your quote, dude.
poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 am For my GTH read, the reason is magic Image
This is unhelpful.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:32 am
poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 am So @Sloonei tell me again, why did you feel the need to spam post here when you're still busy with the other game?
... because I'm not busy at the moment and I don't want to continue neglecting this game.

I'm not talking about your last 3 posts. I'm asking you about your 50+ posts before them.

Tell me why those posts are not "spam" to you?
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:33 am
poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:22 am Fix your quote, dude.
This is unhelpful.
Sue me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Quin »

[VOTE: poutanko] aubergine

hate those last couple of posts, yo
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:36 am

I'm not talking about your last 3 posts. I'm asking you about your 50+ posts before them.

Ah. Because, again, I was trying not to neglect this game entirely. Nearly all of my posts have just been direct responses to notifications. I've been on the site, so I see when people mention or quote me. When that happens, I pop my head in.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DDL is voting for me. Let's find out why:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 pm Page 3.

Epi is playing like Jay

And Jay is silent.

Wtf is going on
This isn't about me, but it's his first game-related post. Epi being boisterous early in games is not really a rare occasion and Jay being silent is only indicative of Jay not being here. What the frack indeed, DDL?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm Sloonei's crime is defending me in the face of DDL's/Epi's observations that I'm doing nothing when I had indeed done nothing other than vote for Sloonei.

He interfered with the sacred act of allowing me to answer for myself and absolved me before I even needed to.
Your answer does matter one way or the other to me. I know it’s gonna exist and I know essentially what it will say. I saw people talking about something and I had a position which countered theirs, so I stuck my pretty little nose in.
Gimme reads on those people.
It is not out of character for DDL to make an observation like that. I don’t object to him bringing it up, I just don’t think it indicates anything about your alignment in this game.

Leetic has only played a couple of games with you (to my knowledge), so I similarly don’t think it’s outrageous for him to take notice of your uninvolvement. But I suppose it could also just be an easy thing for bad leetic to do early on to engage himself.
Tbh I wasn't trying to deduce alignment from that. It was a half-jest post.
What was the half that's not in jest?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:39 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:58 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:56 pm This game is a little different than usual, but I didn't think the rules were too bad to read through. I do agree that I thought the days were going to be shorter but eh oh well. And nova always messing with me about my intro post :p
I made a full commitment to shit post my way through this game and see how it feels. I intend to honor that commitment as respect for the host.
Dunya is probably scum.
I call this strategy “The JaggedJimmyJay.”
But seriously, this post is pretty yuck.
If this game had a jester it would be dunya.

It doesn't have a jester, though. So she's probably civ.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:02 pm (Still on p5 I hope she didn't do something crazy that will make me feel dumb)
:ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:20 pm
leetic wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:26 pm
leetic wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm
leetic wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Who said anything about it having to do with pressure? :shrug2:
What other reason would you have to vote him?
To remove him from the game and advance a civilian victory. Would that work?
I don't know, how exactly are you sure that removing him would achieve that result?
I'm not. That must be why Mafia is so exciting.
I'll rephrase that: How exactly do you believe that removing him would achieve that result?
I think you are new here, so let me tell you about Epi a little.

He doesn't care about pressures votes, info votes, or any kind of baloney. He believes votes are for lynching people and that's it.

He's the site's ultimate no-nonsense guy. Complicated plays like that don't impress him. Which can be good because people tend to do nonsense. Though his stubborness can damage town sometimes.

He is also prone to engaging people in endless circular arguments that serve no purpose but amuse himself, which he is probably doing with you.

In other words, you are probably wasting your time imo.
This sums up why I read leetic/epi as town/town earlier. It tells me nothing about DDL though.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:32 pm Nutella is the towniest town in town. Her posts ooze genuinity.
Explain this read if you haven't already, DDL.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm I caught up but I admit I only managed that by skipping most of jack/dunya/Jay's argument. I think there is a good chance all 3 are civs also I hate reading back and forths.

The only one I'm actually reading civ is dunya tho, the other two are whatever.
Why this?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

I don't care if he's another game, he still has a decent post count in this one. And I don't remember him saying anything remarkable. Compare to Jay and Dunya, who are also perma-busy and still leading the discussion.
Whacke. Easiest vote there is.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:37 pm Don't like Mac either. He made a bunch of Mac Attack posts and nothing seemed well-thought or substantial. He just exists.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:39 pm Silent poutanko worries me nearly as much as talky poutanko. The girl's deepwolf skills are insane. Keep watch on her.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:41 pm Leetic's post is meh. Salad-flavor salad. But he's new I think so maybe he's just scared of the post count and trying to find his place.
A flurry of negative reads. The poutanko read seems pretty arbitrary and doesn't need to exist. The other two don't strike me as especially convincing either. I haven't looked too closely at Mac's play, but I don't usually think of Mac's Day 1 activity as super well thought out. He's the ultimate poo-flinger. I assume "leetic's post" refers to this, which isn't salad. I like none of these accusations from DDL.

GTH reads:
poutanko town
Mac scum
audrey town
luna town
speed scum
jack town
jay scum
dunya town
leetic scum
ts account town
nova town
sabie town
nutella town
sloonei scum
DFaraday town
Long Con ghost
Epi town
Quin scum
Colin town
The Jay scum read and poutanko town read strike me as the most discordant with the rest of this posts. Why do those reads exist, DDL? Also, Quin is scum?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:42 am

Ah. Because, again, I was trying not to neglect this game entirely. Nearly all of my posts have just been direct responses to notifications. I've been on the site, so I see when people mention or quote me. When that happens, I pop my head in.
There's no need to respond if they're not important, even worse when it's up to 50+. I want to know why you even feel the need to post nonsense that much.
Quin wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:40 am [VOTE: poutanko] aubergine

Why is that? Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:40 am [VOTE: poutanko] aubergine

I don't mind her question for me so much now that she's clarified that she was referring to my participation prior to this recent flurry. But I don't like her refusal to disclose her reasoning for reads. But I also question whether scum poutanko would be so stubborn.

I'm voting for DDL because I felt more bad than good about his ISO. And it's nearly 4 AM now so I ought to try sleeping again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

I'm stubborn regardless my alignment Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:46 am

There's no need to respond if they're not important, even worse when it's up to 50+. I want to know why you even feel the need to post nonsense that much.
Please tell me which posts you find useless. I've made a few off-topic posts, I don't care about those. Tell me which game-relevant posts of mine you find to be useless/fluff. Would you rather I just don't say anything?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:49 am

Please tell me which posts you find useless. I've made a few off-topic posts, I don't care about those. Tell me which game-relevant posts of mine you find to be useless/fluff. Would you rather I just don't say anything?
It's called fluff because it's off topic. Since when game relevant posts are called fluff, care to explain?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:49 am

It's called fluff because it's off topic. Since when game relevant posts are called fluff, care to explain?
I would categorize as "fluff" any posts that are not off topic, but also don't serve to advance the game in a meaningful way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:49 am I'm stubborn regardless my alignment Image
Why don't you want to explain your reads?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 am
poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:49 am I'm stubborn regardless my alignment Image
GTH read? I feel like it.
The serious ones that ping me are on you, Colin and nutella (I have no problem shooting any of you if I get the gun).
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:57 am I would categorize as "fluff" any posts that are not off topic, but also don't serve to advance the game in a meaningful way.
Other than pure off topic posts, several of your "replies" to game related questions/posts are things like "sigh emoji", "WOW","Grunk".
Do they serve to advance the game in meaningful way?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 am
The serious ones that ping me are on you, Colin and nutella (I have no problem shooting any of you if I get the gun).
Half the purpose of GTH reads (in my opinion) is being able to expand on gut reads after the fact. Refusing to do that makes them harder to believe and at least partially negates the results of the exercise.

Have any of your three "serious" reads developed from their original states?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:57 am I would categorize as "fluff" any posts that are not off topic, but also don't serve to advance the game in a meaningful way.
Other than pure off topic posts, several of your "replies" to game related questions/posts are things like "sigh emoji", "WOW","Grunk".
I didn't say grunk, nutella said grunk. The sigh emoji was a moment of frustration. Call it an emotional outburst.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:07 am
Half the purpose of GTH reads (in my opinion) is being able to expand on gut reads after the fact. Refusing to do that makes them harder to believe and at least partially negates the results of the exercise.

I'm a bottom up player, not top down.
Gut reads mean nothing to me. If nothing pings me hard, I couldn't care less.

Only nutella looks slightly better, you and Colin look worse.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:07 am

I'm a bottom up player, not top down.
Gut reads mean nothing to me. If nothing pings me hard, I couldn't care less.

Only nutella looks slightly better, you and Colin look worse.
I make my living in the minutiae of the thread. I don't like like ignoring little pings, but that's fair I guess. I don't want to make you play a style you don't like.

Why do Colin and I look worse? Why does nutella look better?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i need to be asleep right now. tell me to shut up, poutanko
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:08 am
I didn't say grunk, nutella said grunk. The sigh emoji was a moment of frustration. Call it an emotional outburst.
There are several more, "shrug emoji", "am I top poster?", "now you're insulting my native language" are they even necessary to be posted?
Note: those are the respond to game related posts, there are your other pure fluff posts which in total make your posts are high in quantity but not in quality.

In Hogwarts you're more analytical (deep analysis and observation) with your posts and active not reactive.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:08 am
There are several more, "shrug emoji", "am I top poster?", "now you're insulting my native language" are they even necessary to be posted?
Note: those are the respond to game related posts, there are your other pure fluff posts which in total make your posts are high in quantity but not in quality.

In Hogwarts you're more analytical (deep analysis and observation) with your posts and active not reactive.
Not all of those posts need to exist, I agree. So what?

We've been over my activity level to this point already. This has definitely been an atypical performance for me so far. I don't deny or object to that. I have nothing new to say other than that I intend to be more typical from this point on. My posts tonight were my way of orienting myself in the game, which is a thing I'd not done yet.
So I guess I'm asking you to be patient with me. The Sloonei you know and love will be here soon enough. I feel good about you in this exchange, for whatever that's worth.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:14 am I make my living in the minutiae of the thread. I don't like like ignoring little pings, but that's fair I guess. I don't want to make you play a style you don't like.

Why do Colin and I look worse? Why does nutella look better?
Nutella's response to it and her reaction to other players afterwards (still not as she was on Hogwarts, too quiet and not as free flowing).
Colin looks like he just showed up to randomly ask this and that but little to no follow up to whatever he asked. Just a show and nothing more.
You, read my previous post before this one.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:22 am Not all of those posts need to exist, I agree. So what?

We've been over my activity level to this point already. This has definitely been an atypical performance for me so far. I don't deny or object to that. I have nothing new to say other than that I intend to be more typical from this point on. My posts tonight were my way of orienting myself in the game, which is a thing I'd not done yet.
So I guess I'm asking you to be patient with me. The Sloonei you know and love will be here soon enough. I feel good about you in this exchange, for whatever that's worth.
So it's weird since your posts on Hogwarts were high in quality and you didn't post nonsense that much. Some scums like to post a lot just to appear active.

You already town lean me before this, not much worth to repeat it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Tampon
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:22 am Not all of those posts need to exist, I agree. So what?

So it's weird since your posts on Hogwarts were high in quality and you didn't post nonsense that much. Some scums like to post a lot just to appear active.

You already town lean me before this, not much worth to repeat it.
Here's my posts in Shockheaded Peter, in which I was town. I'm not always serious an on topic. Granted, my circumstances in that game were much like they are in this one. I guess I get goofy when I'm short on time.

And for comparison of Colin's play here he is in It's Always Sunny, in which he was town. I am on the fence about him in this game as well, but it might be useful to note the similarities between his play in these two games.

i'm asleep now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 amTampon
Ow my freaking ears
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 am Here's my posts in Shockheaded Peter, in which I was town. I'm not always serious an on topic. Granted, my circumstances in that game were much like they are in this one. I guess I get goofy when I'm short on time.

And for comparison of Colin's play here he is in It's Always Sunny, in which he was town. I am on the fence about him in this game as well, but it might be useful to note the similarities between his play in these two games.

i'm asleep now.
...Colin play on that one doesn't look similar with this one here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:33 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 am Here's my posts in Shockheaded Peter, in which I was town. I'm not always serious an on topic. Granted, my circumstances in that game were much like they are in this one. I guess I get goofy when I'm short on time.

i'm asleep now.
What differences do you see?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 am
poutanko wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:33 am

i'm asleep now.
What differences do you see?
Sharper words and hit the point more over there.

What similarities do you see?
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

[VOTE: Colin] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: tampon] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin where's your butthole
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Fell asleep last night. I guess at this point I have some suspicion on speed for wanting to get rid of low posters and shoot everyone. And I feel like I've seen more sketchy speed than town speed in games lately and to me so far he seems more on the scummy side. Voting Mac for his lack of wanting to read and catch up on anything or really wanting to figure out anything. I see votes on him which seem like as I said before a mix of people trying to push him to participate more and some suspicion based on the way he's posting.

Sloonei is difficult because I thought last game he seemed off and not his usual self at first but then got more into it and he was town. Seems like that's kinda what might be happening again.

Jack I can see why people suspect him but he seems like hes playing more like he did in world asunder when he was town. When he was scummy last game he seemed at first to suspect his teammates and was all calm and town like. When he was town he was over zealous and all over the place. At least that's how I've seen a contrast.

Currently [VOTE: mac] aubergine
I'll be back after work.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:19 pm
sabie12 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:11 pm Why is everyone trying to date dunyas sister? Haha
Have you seen Dunya's sister?

Okay, yeah, me neither.
Grab a picture of Dunya and photoshop glasses onto it. That's Dunya's sister.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 645
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m alive. Sloonei is fine. leetic is still fine. I’ll find someone to eviscerate this afternoon once I’ve failed all the undergraduates.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 645
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: poutanko] aubergine

Your reads aren’t developing. You’re shoving misshapen pegs into improper holes to keep your suspicions relevant.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 78

Post by ColinIsCool »

Why is there a problem with me asking questions?

I thought I was making an obvious joke. So obvious that I now wonder if one of us is not (as you put it) “playing dumb”
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 78

Post by ColinIsCool »

Regarding Luna, I’m not sure if she is brazen enough to say that people should suspect her more if she is scum. I don’t know her to be very WIFOMy.

Regarding Jay, I don’t have any idea what the argument w/ Jack and dunya was about despite reading all of it, but Jay is playing to his town meta. He also made this post that eerily echoed a thought I had right before reading it:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 am [VOTE: poutanko] aubergine

Your reads aren’t developing. You’re shoving misshapen pegs into improper holes to keep your suspicions relevant.
I could in all honesty go either way on poutanko because I’m not very familiar with their playstyle, but the read on me does feel somewhat arbitrary, particularly the insistence that there’s something nefarious in me asking questions on points I’d like clarified. I would feel more comfortable voting for poutanko than others.

Return to “Previous Jobs”