Total votes: 23
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [NIGHT 3] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't know what happened; I had both posts lined up and hit submit on both, but for some reason the lynch post didn't go through, so I had to quickly delete the Night 3 post (since there was no lynch post preceding it), and then quickly resubmit both. Sorry for any confusion.

Speaking of the night poll, well, what can I say? I warned you. :feb:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

Ah, shit, Lizzy.

That makes sense now that IN...*ahem* OK Computer survived his Day 1 lynch. You were the only one to believe him.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote::omg: Did not see that coming!!! Great job on the Lizzy lynch guys!!!! :fiesta:

Ehh?? Mycroft is listed as a civ. Unless I've lost it like half the folks 'around here.

linki - YES exactly
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP Lizzy and Welcome back if you're good BDH.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote::omg: Did not see that coming!!! Great job on the Lizzy lynch guys!!!! :fiesta:

Ehh?? Mycroft is listed as a civ. Unless I've lost it like half the folks 'around here.

linki - YES exactly
Son of a bitch! Scratch that previous post. I ALWAYS get Mycroft and Moriarty mixed up when skimming. ALWAYS! :sigh:
:rip: Lizzy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

Russ, I follow now. Sorry to have not considered that fact. I will bear it in kind in future votes.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I didn't even read the last name :blush:
:wall:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I followed Mongoose's vote for DP.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Damn, a really good civ too :-/

I can't blame anyone for that vote though, I probably would have too if I didn't need to try to spread the vote to block bob.
50% odds of getting a baddie is too good (and she would have been bad if she was jack, cause no way the butler wouldn't have grabbed her next).
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DP can do one.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

:( Rip Lizzy, I thought the case made sense even though I didnt vote for you. My bad.

BDH, be sure to take a look at who loved you while you were gone, not just when you came back. :)

And as for the poll, my thought is the same as Mongooses at the moment, though I'm open minded and want to see what others think.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DP

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Voted DP, for three missed votes
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP Lizzy! Sucks that we were wrong about you! That's a really sucky role to lose too. :(

As for the poll, the numbers certainly don't lie. Going with DP as well.

Linki
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Well, maybe i dont need to keep an open mind - voting for DP.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Damn, RIP Lizzy.
Spacedaisy wrote:Russ, I follow now. Sorry to have not considered that fact. I will bear it in kind in future votes.
No worries, Daisy. I know you were catching up. Just something to keep in mind.

This poll cracks me up. I'll most likely go for DP; I've been harping on him for days. I wanna read the cases first, though.

And does this mean we're headed to Rolling Stones World next?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

juliets wrote:BDH, be sure to take a look at who loved you while you were gone, not just when you came back. :)
Don't know how this will help me as the answer is naturally EVERYONE loves me whether I'm here or gone... :hugs: :hug: Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [DAY 3] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Russtifinko »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Get it on in there, guys.
:|
Awww! You beat me to it, Epi! I was eating supper too. I love supper.... XD

I agree that Lizzy is the best lead we have currently, though it's a shame because I think I've been seeing her civ game (which fits if she is Jack Nicholson). That said, I think (hope) that she has enough votes, so I'll help by spreading it out.

bea makes a good point on BWT. Someone accused him of being blendy before, but that's always how I see BWT no matter what, so I tried not to read into it too much. Accusing bea because of her post saying BOB could help but not reading her other post is strange. The post of his the bea quoted reads to me as trying to plant suspicion while leaving plenty of room to back off if it doesn't catch, which seems like a baddie move to me.

*votes BWT*
This isn't entirely against you, but more of a generalization I've felt lately. I know a lot of people tend to say they find me "blendy" or "hard to read" often, and I often get votes for it. But that's more my playstyle than anything else. And no, it's not something I plan on changing anytime soon. :P

Linki: I've been agreeing with llama? I don't remember that happening directly. If it did, would you mind pointing it out?

Linki2: Called what? That I would change my mind on bea? Where are you coming from, Russ?
BWT, in my post I actually said I was trying NOT to find you suspicious because you were "blendy". I ended up voting you because I thought you were pulling a case out of thin air on bea, and leaving yourself room to back off if it didn't stick. You backed off her shortly after my post, which is why I called it.

I don't know anything about you agreeing with llama, though I'd like to see if Devin would mind pulling quotes about it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I think was more llama agreeing with bird making me paranoid. But I will try to find quotes.

BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Normally, most players when faced with their own mafia existence being threatened by a lynch poll would hold off their vote to (hopefully) sway a last minute hail mary to save their ass....but not THIS baller! I'm confident that I'm not in any danger here so I'm voting now....

The problem is that SuckFace ...er...SockFace....put his own name up in the poll. Now me being the kind of guy to throw caution to the wind and thumb his nose at the establishment really really REAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYY wants to vote MP....again....warning and modkill threats be damned!!!!

But on the other hand, I've let this schtick run it course enough (for now), so I've gotta vote for DP. SO IT HAS BEEN SAID....SO LET IT BE WRITTEN!!!!!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

Way to call everyone out MP :) I am going with a DP vote.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 2] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Draconus »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:So keep voting SMF and let one person control the lynches?
Again, what is the alternative? How is there a way to vote without letting Zodac control the lynches?
Look for another suspect.
And how does that stop Zodac from choosing that suspect and still controlling the lynch?

We would have to be completely unpredictable, which I don't think is likely, practical or useful.
Only 8 people out of 28 have voted. Zodac has already made his choice. We have not. You'd be surprised what 20 people can do with a day left to vote. ;) How defeatist of you, llama...
I still prefer to vote for the person I think is bad rather than trying to second guess roles with secrets. Call me old fashioned. Found this whole conversation for lazy bums to read ;) Be back!

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FYI The last line in white is llama's last comment in the conversation. Quote fail!

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

BigDamnHero wrote:Normally, most players when faced with their own mafia existence being threatened by a lynch poll would hold off their vote to (hopefully) sway a last minute hail mary to save their ass....but not THIS baller! I'm confident that I'm not in any danger here so I'm voting now....

The problem is that SuckFace ...er...SockFace....put his own name up in the poll. Now me being the kind of guy to throw caution to the wind and thumb his nose at the establishment really really REAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYY wants to vote MP....again....warning and modkill threats be damned!!!!

But on the other hand, I've let this schtick run it course enough (for now), so I've gotta vote for DP. SO IT HAS BEEN SAID....SO LET IT BE WRITTEN!!!!!
pussy

*votes MovingPictures*
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

insertnamehere wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:Normally, most players when faced with their own mafia existence being threatened by a lynch poll would hold off their vote to (hopefully) sway a last minute hail mary to save their ass....but not THIS baller! I'm confident that I'm not in any danger here so I'm voting now....

pussy

*votes MovingPictures*
sez the deadie to the rezzed champion... :noble:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

BigDamnHero wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

pussy

*votes MovingPictures*
My strategy is to just stick around and post as much as possible off topic until MP get's annoyed and rezzes me. It worked for you!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:BWT is making a lot of sense today. :srsnod:
Well shit. This was all I could find :/ this was after a large post by BWT... So yeah, I think I was just being paranoid and misremembering the BWT/llama agreements. Please disregard that part. :|

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Well shit. This was all I could find :/ this was after a large post by BWT... So yeah, I think I was just being paranoid and misremembering the BWT/llama agreements. Please disregard that part. :|
Yeah, I remember him saying that. Although I think that was more in relation to my feelings/thoughts about Epig. Which is someone I am definitely still willing to look at for the following day.

Outside of that though, I'm out of ideas for suspects. Any other baddies want to break some rules and make it easier? :feb:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

BWT - What do you think of Llama's suspicion (and resulting vote) of DH?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Yeah, I remember him saying that. Although I think that was more in relation to my feelings/thoughts about Epig. Which is someone I am definitely still willing to look at for the following day.

Outside of that though, I'm out of ideas for suspects. Any other baddies want to break some rules and make it easier? :feb:
You keep talking about how you want to vote for me, but you never do.

Day 1 it's Lizzy.
Day 2 it's the guy Lizzy killed.
Day 3 it's Lizzy.

Shit or get off the pot.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

Welcome back BDH, and I'm also voting DP, for obvious reasons.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

Damn. RIP Lizzy; good to see my suspicions of civility were right, but alas, you weren't the right civ. Thematically appropriate that Moriarty would bring you down, though.

Although DP is the obvious choice, I can't help but want to vote for BDH... seems like it'd score some brownie points from Sock.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

insertnamehere wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

pussy

*votes MovingPictures*
My strategy is to just stick around and post as much as possible off topic until MP get's annoyed and rezzes me. It worked for you!
it worked cuz I'm AWESOME!!!!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Boomslang wrote:Damn. RIP Lizzy; good to see my suspicions of civility were right, but alas, you weren't the right civ. Thematically appropriate that Moriarty would bring you down, though.

Although DP is the obvious choice, I can't help but want to vote for BDH... seems like it'd score some brownie points from Sock.
...but NEGATIVE pts from someone who even the host couldn't keep dead. So now you've gotta ask yourself: who REALLY has the power here? (hint: he has 2 thumbs and can't help being awesome)

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Day 1 it's Lizzy.
Day 3 it's Lizzy.

Shit or get off the pot.
This type of stuff always catches my eye. People saying that they WILL vote someone for days, but never actually doing it. It's just noncommittal stuff that I think generally leads to baddies.

Well, I'm really really sorry I missed the vote. I just moved back into school and I've ben very busy. On top of that, we watched Frozen today, and right after that, the snow picked up here. I live on an island and the internet gets spot if the snow is bad. :/ And I was also dreading leaving my friends room to check if the wifi was better in my building. (12-18 inches isn't exactly fun to walk in). So, I missed the vote. :( TBH, I probably would have voted Lizzy. I'm sorry to see her go. :/

I'm voting DP. I may have missed a vote, but I didn't miss three. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Two Questions:

DId you enjoy the movie?

When you got out of the movie and it was snowing were you like, singing and waving your hands like "LOOK AT MY POWER! SNOW SNOW SNOW!"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:Two Questions:

DId you enjoy the movie?

When you got out of the movie and it was snowing were you like, singing and waving your hands like "LOOK AT MY POWER! SNOW SNOW SNOW!"
I absolutely LOVED it. I cannot wait to see it adapted for the stage. It was extremely well done-- something I think anyone could enjoy. It's rivaling Lion King as best Disney movie IMO.

I'll just say we didn't watch it in a theatre and proceeded to order pizza right after the movie, so no I didn't do that. :p But it did make me want to buy all the sheet music so I can learn both Anna and Elsa's parts, gender roles be damned. I also would love to attempt to sing Hans :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Ugh, sorry for missing the vote. Time got away from me last night.

I'm voting DP--seems like the obvious choice.

I'm ashamed to be included on that poll. :sigh:

RIP Lizzy and WBIYAG BDH.
ImageImage

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm also gonna vote DP. Agleam and DF also need to up their game a bit by the look of the numbers.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

Who's the least champion like? DP - but who do I want to be punished? That's another story :p
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

BigDamnHero wrote:So now you've gotta ask yourself: who REALLY has the power here? (hint: he has 2 thumbs and can't help being awesome)
You're talking about me, right?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Mongoose wrote:BWT - What do you think of Llama's suspicion (and resulting vote) of DH?
I haven't found DH to be very pushy honestly, so I think it's extremely odd. I've seen him be pushy and confrontational, and he definitely isn't this game.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Day 1 it's Lizzy.
Day 3 it's Lizzy.

Shit or get off the pot.
Unless I get a better suspect, I will be today. I would have yesterday, but I thought there was sound logic behind getting rid of Lizzy.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

EBWOP: Errrrr, that should read tomorrow. Since it's still night.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

Dom wrote:

DId you enjoy the movie?

I absolutely LOVED it. I cannot wait to see it adapted for the stage. It was extremely well done-- something I think anyone could enjoy. It's rivaling Lion King as best Disney movie IMO.

I'll just say we didn't watch it in a theatre and proceeded to order pizza right after the movie, so no I didn't do that. :p But it did make me want to buy all the sheet music so I can learn both Anna and Elsa's parts, gender roles be damned. I also would love to attempt to sing Hans :D
I would love to see the movie. I am sure my daughter would love it too. I have been asked to do a Frozen themed birthday cake and have been given full freedom over the design. Most of the time, clients will send pictures of what they want. So I am very excited for this cake XD .
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:

DId you enjoy the movie?

I would love to see the movie. I am sure my daughter would love it too. I have been asked to do a Frozen themed birthday cake and have been given full freedom over the design. Most of the time, clients will send pictures of what they want. So I am very excited for this cake XD .
That's so cool! I'd love to see it!
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

:o
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote::o
That's all you have to say about the game right now?
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

is there anything really left to say? DP already has the majority of the votes. It'd take a miracle to save him at this point (cuz from what I've read I don't see an ability to stop lynches that occur at night).

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”