62%

Total votes: 13
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 1

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:21 am @Dragomir my dude. Give us your thoughts?
Nutella scum, Sloonei scum, Mata scum, Luxy town. Long Con maybe scum. Wilgy scum too.
y6
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Dragomir »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:06 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:44 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:11 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 am I like that iso by Sloo.
why? let me know what you think of my response. almost all of his points were founded on absurd twistings of my words. I don't believe he believes what he's saying.
I first I thought he made valid statements, but thinking about it now, I was rather fooled by his in-depth analysis. Now reading back on it, half of what he said doesn't make any sense.
The player called Sloonei is grilling nutella a little bit. Nothing serious, but the directness of the final question in this exchange suggests attentiveness on his part. nutella gives it a casual sidestep, leaning (it would seem) more toward the "General town read", but with enough resistance in the "roll of foil" comment to avoid rolling over completely. I would file this under "downplaying pressure".
Like right here, not a single clue what he was trying to say here. Looks like like a bunch of words to look more in-depth with iso.
sprityo drops in and drops out. I don't object to keeping tabs on him and putting pressure on him to post more. What bothers me about this is the bluntness of nutella's response. She's being purposefully oppositional toward sprit. It looks more like she's putting a tab on future suspect than she is trying to wrangle content out of a quiet player. File this under "low-hanging fruit".
Next we go to this here. This I believe to be a super trivial reason to say that you're going after the low-hanging fruit. I mean, one would really have to stretch out your sarcasm say the bolded part. Even with that, one really can't get the line of logic there. Also, at least from what I read, you made no push or any questioning/prodding directed at Sprit, going after the low-hanging fruit doesn't really work here as a reason.
I have no direct objections to her Mac suspicion here, so I've cut it out of the post. But it exists and I don't want to seem like I'm dismissing it.
Matahari and MafiaMenace are low-hanging fruit here. Mata falls into the same category as sprit. She goes after MafiaMenace for his focus on mechanics to that point, which is something I've already commented on. These are not particularly inspired suspicions.
Only part of his post where he actually starts making sense imo. I can get how Mata falls into a low-hanging fruit category and the MafiaMenace part. But that last sentenced, the bolded I don't understand. @Sloonei what do you mean by that? So this is basically the only part of the post that I like, and it's pretty meh.

So yeah, I can grill him more but you get the point. And about your response, I'll get to that soonish.
Another thing I have to consider about this post specifically is that there was “no issue” with Sloonei’s ISO until nutella retorted to which Dragomir then went through his ISO and made comments on it

Dragomir, why were these specifically important to point out after nutella’s comment? Why werent they an issue before?
I didn't properly read Sloonei's iso, then I did after Nutella talked to me.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:21 am @Dragomir my dude. Give us your thoughts?
Nutella scum, Sloonei scum, Mata scum, Luxy town. Long Con maybe scum. Wilgy scum too.
y6
Cause I felt like giving 6.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 2

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:05 am I am confused by a lot of the connections being drawn based on the EOD but I think I could buy Lux/Mata w/w. [VOTE: matahari] aubergine for now.
Why are either of them independently bad?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:36 am
y6
Soz I mean why to all six. As in can you elaborate further on each of your reads please. I share your Lux town read so I don't give a crap about that. I am curious about your Sloonei read though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:59 am I have suspicions of a few players but I’ll wait until tomorrow to post about them. Also lots of linki will read later.
I am from the future and yeah no reads
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 117

Post by DrWilgy »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] it's hard to describe, but it was this post here. Just doesn't feel like hot civ on civ action.
Matahari wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Matahari wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 pm [VOTE: Lux] aubergine I’m still not seeing a defense here.
Too many linki
Saving Nutella I see. Or maybe Cooler? Might even be both.

Can you explain me your thought process from being baffled at the suspicion against Luxy but now voting her cause no defense(even though she hasn't been put in a position where she needs to defend herself again).

I think you just went from town reading Luxy for town cred to trying to save your buddy.
I said earlier today that I would probably vote Lux. But I tried to give her time to defend herself or point out other suspects.
She hasn’t.
After sleeping on my theory, I'm not so sure anymore. I was thinking it over and realized that alternate team interactions may be in play if Lux or Hazlenut is also bad but on the other team.

Perhaps we kill them both (being dragomir and matahari) and I'll be content.

For shenanigans sake I'm swapping votes.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 am
Dragomir wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:36 am
y6
Soz I mean why to all six. As in can you elaborate further on each of your reads please. I share your Lux town read so I don't give a crap about that. I am curious about your Sloonei read though.
I refuse to explain reads that I have already explicitly explained last DP, so if you want to find out my reads on Wilgy, Mata, Sloonei, and Nutella go iso me. As for Long Con, he's been coasting too much for my preference.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:47 am @Sloonei it's hard to describe, but it was this post here. Just doesn't feel like hot civ on civ action.
Matahari wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Matahari wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 pm [VOTE: Lux] aubergine I’m still not seeing a defense here.
Too many linki
Saving Nutella I see. Or maybe Cooler? Might even be both.

Can you explain me your thought process from being baffled at the suspicion against Luxy but now voting her cause no defense(even though she hasn't been put in a position where she needs to defend herself again).

I think you just went from town reading Luxy for town cred to trying to save your buddy.
I said earlier today that I would probably vote Lux. But I tried to give her time to defend herself or point out other suspects.
She hasn’t.
After sleeping on my theory, I'm not so sure anymore. I was thinking it over and realized that alternate team interactions may be in play if Lux or Hazlenut is also bad but on the other team.

Perhaps we kill them both (being dragomir and matahari) and I'll be content.

For shenanigans sake I'm swapping votes.
It's civ on wolf.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:56 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:52 am Like if I’m a reverse flash, I never use that ability to just save anyone but the wolf with that ability.

I use it to lynch a townie that is also a threat. Or if I’m sure about a scumread and need the cred (or to discredit the opposing mafia member) and can get the flip right now. Or we’re approaching endgame and we need to keep the team alive. Or a non teammate just switched the leading wagon from a second non teammate to a third non teammate, killing one enemy and framing two enemies as reverse flashes.

I never use it to save an inactive teammate with a cloak in a game with no info dumping or nk flips. Like Cooler fools the cop. Big deal. He doesn’t get confirmed by claim or the cop’s death. He’s a half step above vanilla goon. Savitar (what are you doing in this show?) can at least provide an extra kill.

But I’m not a reverse flash and I use night powers differently than some syndicaters. It’s perfectly reasonable that some Thawnes would have saved Zoom yesterday if they were around and there was a non reverse flash as an alternative lynch.

Those two scenarios point to basically opposite suspect pools. Players who were getting lynched and players who weren’t around.
There are a number of good points here. My goal as mafia is to get my team past Day 1. A Day 1 lynch is a DEATHSTROKE.

Oh wait. No it isn't. Tee hee. :grin:

Right JJJ?

Right?
You mean right, Jack?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:10 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:07 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:04 am Cranberry juice and vodka have a lot of vitamin C though.
You’re gonna make it worse in the morning glgl
My dear, I have not had a hangover in ten years.
i’ve never had a hangover but I assume that’s because I’m much younger than you!
How could you not be?

*ducks*
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:15 am At the risk of reminding mafia they have this power (and I'm going to double down on that risk in a moment), I want to point out that Zoom's team has Reverse Flash.

Reverse Flash can stop the Day phase early on one occasion. That equals an automatic lynch in favor of their faction.

It was not used.

What does that mean?
It means reverse flash is not cool and we should find them and lynch them
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:14 am Bear in mind where your votes are given REVERSE FLASH (What the fuck is that anyway? You put your trench coat ON?)

Make sure they are on people you suspect.
Well I’m glad you asked. The reverse flashes have origins that are the reverse of the Flash.

Professor Zoom (the one in yellow) comes from the far future and his encounters with the Flash are out of order. He famously attempted to kill the Flash’s fiancé on their wedding day and the Flash accidentally broke the Professor’s neck to save her. This would be the last time Professor Zoom battled the Flash.

The first time Professor Zoom battled the Flash was several years later, where he impersonated the (now dead) Flash and fought his adult sidekick.

Get it? The shit is in reverse.

The second Zoom was created centuries before his predecessor, also in reverse.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jack you should vote with me
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Also I don’t know if Nutella is actually mafia, I just wanted to make ties because that always causes some kinda alignment indication
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

In fact everyone should listen to me
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:36 am
Matahari wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 pm Similarly, Matahari’s response where she singled out Luxurious to offer a weird pseduo-defense which she later claimed was not a defense is many shades of confusing to me. I didn’t like the read she presented, and I didn’t like that she later denounced it as a defense without really explaining what the read itself.
You aren’t as good a judge of civvieness as I hoped you’d be. I can’t accept your other comments about people you think are bad, because I know you’re wrong about me. Either way, I would not place a vote on you today. I get it and I’m sure everyone else gets it too.
This post is something the devil makes with grenadine and bourbon.

It discredits Sloonei without suspecting him.
It says "You're wrong about everything else because you're wrong about me" which Matahari knows can't be true (she's smart).
Toys out of the pram as they say (eh Mac?) or something else?
I agree with this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:05 am Jack you should vote with me
Gimmie a min.

I like the idea of stringing up Nutella or Mata.

Also, isn’t Sabie always town. :kadaj:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Let's just form two solid wagons on Nutella and Mata that way the leading wagons are w/w.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:10 am
Gimmie a min.

That’s like saying speedchuck is always mafia
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:41 am
Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:59 am I have suspicions of a few players but I’ll wait until tomorrow to post about them. Also lots of linki will read later.
I am from the future and yeah no reads
:scared:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:10 am
Gimmie a min.

That’s like saying speedchuck is always mafia
Like I haven’t used that as an excuse to lynch Speedchuck before.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dragomir wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am Let's just form two solid wagons on Nutella and Mata that way the leading wagons are w/w.
Yeah but I’m pretty sure I’m right and we can make this a lot easier w/w situation

Linki: and?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Sabie] aubergine

Cause you know.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Three little wolves whatcha gonna do?
Out comes the rope and then there were two.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

Dragomir wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am Let's just form two solid wagons on Nutella and Mata that way the leading wagons are w/w.
[VOTE: Dragomir] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:41 am
Yeah but I’m pretty sure I’m right and we can make this a lot easier w/w situation

Linki: and?
What
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Idk how I feel about mata's defense. She keeps chalking everything up to "the new way" but I don't get now that excuses her nonsensical progression on lux. Seems like a contrived excuse for a poorly handled teammate interaction.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But on the other hand I have seen her get frustrated with style differences as a civ. She does have a rather idiosyncratic approach to the game and I want to acknowledge that but I also don't want to give her a pass for it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nutella being purposefully waffles in the hopes of gaining cred. :smoky:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 117

Post by DrWilgy »

Dammit... Sprityo is bad again.

A shame too... here I was thinking "I just wish I could press my shirtless body up to them." Looks like that can't happen.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am Nutella being purposefully waffles in the hopes of gaining cred. :smoky:
Jack twisting everything about me to somehow be scummy. :smoky:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:59 am I can’t make it any clearer because new mafia apparently goes by a mafia book of rules, and putting your thoughts in the thread must be frowned upon.
If this makes me bad, then just lynch me for heavens sakes. I’d rather be lynched than nk’d
I seriously don't know where you got that from.

If anything, people are very demanding of thoughts, on everything, all the time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh I forgot DDL was in this game lolol. Where is your spark dude I want to vote for you because you haven't made any kind of mark yet and that's unlike you.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:51 am Idk how I feel about mata's defense. She keeps chalking everything up to "the new way" but I don't get now that excuses her nonsensical progression on lux. Seems like a contrived excuse for a poorly handled teammate interaction.
[VOTE: Matahari] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

..... :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:35 pm Oh I forgot DDL was in this game lolol. Where is your spark dude I want to vote for you because you haven't made any kind of mark yet and that's unlike you.
Patience, young grasshopper.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I suspect ddl but he sheeps me on mata what is haaaappening

Seriously I don't know that I've ever seen a ddl like this it's eerie
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Lux is looking more like the the version from the Scrimmage game I think. Who was town.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:39 pm I suspect ddl but he sheeps me on mata what is haaaappening

Tyoing "I agree" and pretending I have anything different to add is too much work.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:39 pm I suspect ddl but he sheeps me on mata what is haaaappening

Are you taking into taccount the fact that I skipped 800 posts then spent the rest of the game trying to have a grasp of the situation without the context from them?

Cuz that shit was hard.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It still is, tbh, though at least now the natural order of things is settling in and people are giving more importance to Day 1 talk than Day 0 one.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have a strong feeling the mafias are inactive and Epi's reverse flash theory makes that feeling stronger.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am Nutella being purposefully waffles in the hopes of gaining cred. :smoky:
Jack twisting everything about me to somehow be scummy. :smoky:
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

Bad:
Nutella
Epig

Likely bad:
Daisy
DDL

I may add to this list before day ends, still isoing.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:11 pm Bad:
Nutella
Epig

Likely bad:
Daisy
DDL

I may add to this list before day ends, still isoing.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Would love to hear as many thoughts as you can possibly share about all of those reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I quikISO’d DDL and got more town vibes than scum. I’ll say why after Matahari tells us why she got the opposite read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I was looking at the player list. Creature is the player with the least amount of attention received per post in this game. Why is that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

Nutella is nervous. She’s flitting between suspects too much and practically seeking approval. Not seeing town Nutella here

Epig leads. When he isn’t town, his leading goes everywhere. He either puts too many scenarios in the thread, or he fixates, or both.

Daisy is too absent for my comfort. I know she’s busy, but this is unlike her.
DDL played a part in the lynchfest yesterday that seemed tailor made for a team. The people who switched their votes to me at the last minute were just waiting on him, or that’s how it seemed to me. Considering he’s been so busy, it’s just miraculous he was there at just the right moment, with just the right suggestion. Too miraculous.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:34 pm Nutella is nervous. She’s flitting between suspects too much and practically seeking approval. Not seeing town Nutella here

Epig leads. When he isn’t town, his leading goes everywhere. He either puts too many scenarios in the thread, or he fixates, or both.

Daisy is too absent for my comfort. I know she’s busy, but this is unlike her.
DDL played a part in the lynchfest yesterday that seemed tailor made for a team. The people who switched their votes to me at the last minute were just waiting on him, or that’s how it seemed to me. Considering he’s been so busy, it’s just miraculous he was there at just the right moment, with just the right suggestion. Too miraculous.
Can you point to examples of Epi’s “leading” being misguided?

Why is it “miraculous” that DDL was present for the End of Day? It had been posted for two hours. I think that everyone would want to be present for that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”