Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Re: [NIGHT 5] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Nevin, I have no real issues with Zodac at this point. In WWE i had no issues with CBK until she killed a civvie. Even though i was not one myself, lol, I felt that made her bad, and this a danger to all. So, i have no intention of seeking him out, or making a production of it should I accidentally run into him. Hell, he's my hero at this point for bringing me back, knowing my stance on Indies. I appreciate that, and understand the gesture. Just saying :)

Dom & Epi are not RL friends, and I don't know that Dom would recruit Epi. I know Dom pretty well, but it did not occur to me to look at who he may have recruited. Had i been alive on night 2, I think he would have tried to recruit me possibly, not sure who else though. I would have to think about that.

Thoughts on Zodac now, SVS?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [DAY 6] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

The roles post on the front page has been updated with the results of the Secrets Decoding event from the previous mafia day.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:It would be best for me and everyone else if I walk away for a few days and since votes don't matter, I'm voting myself and leave things in Zodak's hands. Hopefully he can choose better than he did last night. Good luck all.
He voted Hedgeowl.
I have to say - he seems genuinely upset (sounded like the off topic part of his post yesterday/this morning mentioned some IRL stress?). God knows, I've let my RL stress bleed over into a game and it's effected both how I'm read by others as well as my ability to think straight or express my true thoughts in any reasonable. I've been over sensitive and extra snarky due to my bad days before.

I'm willing to give him some space this cycle in the hopes that in the next cycle he's better and ready to address any concerns that exist about him.

BDH - I'm *really* sorry you had a craptastic day. :( I hope the next few go better for you. :hugs: :hug:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Also - by Bullz - sorry you have to leave us -
And welcome Timmer! Sorry I was late to the welcoming party. I would read along and think - don't forget to welcome Timmer because he's pretty rad, and then forget again by the time I posted. Lame. I know. :(

RIP Aces. :( I'm sorry I was wrong.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Nevin, I have no real issues with Zodac at this point. In WWE i had no issues with CBK until she killed a civvie. Even though i was not one myself, lol, I felt that made her bad, and this a danger to all. So, i have no intention of seeking him out, or making a production of it should I accidentally run into him. Hell, he's my hero at this point for bringing me back, knowing my stance on Indies. I appreciate that, and understand the gesture. Just saying :)

Dom & Epi are not RL friends, and I don't know that Dom would recruit Epi. I know Dom pretty well, but it did not occur to me to look at who he may have recruited. Had i been alive on night 2, I think he would have tried to recruit me possibly, not sure who else though. I would have to think about that.

Thoughts on Zodac now, SVS?
He did what we asked him to do :shrug: Aces had the most votes. I don't agree with the reasons people voted for him, but that WAS what the most people wanted. Had this been a direct vote, we would be blaming some of the people who voted for Aces, and I am not seeing why it should be any different now.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop had he picked someone other than the tip vote better and they turned up civ, I might feel differently, but that is not what happened.

Why are you singling me out for this when many have expressed confidence in Zodiac?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

MovingPictures07 wrote: juliets was walking down Ripper Street; she had enough of Sherlock and the pressure of finding the murderer. She definitely needed some fresh air. Unfortunately, in the short time she was walking the street, she was ambushed by a shady looking man dressed in a trench coat and deer stalker. He holds out a very large knife, a butcher's cleaver, and says nothing. juliets becomes frozen in horror. He quickly grabs a hold of her, slices her up with his knife, and leaves her corpse on the street, with a smile of blood cut into her face.

I hope that the symptoms indicate that Juliets isn't dead - he did leave her out of the end-of-post summary, and she's on the poll, which I strongly suspect means she is one of the characters that gets a self-rez (who all seem to be civ).

The manner of her slaying suggests Jack to me though - it didn't mention a role,
so I don't think it was somebody making use of Delbert's services, and it certainly wasn't the creeper or the manipulators (since they were mentioned next).
On the other hand, it could just be an 'exaggeration' - if it isn't even mentioned in the following post, and Juliets is still alive, then I'll assume that.

MovingPictures07 wrote: "Balance must be maintained..." muttered Zodac. This time he agreed with the general consensus: AceofSpaces.
"Mr. Spaces..." Sherlock disappointingly addressed the poor champion. "You are the weakest link... Goodbye!"
AceofSpaces was then shot in the face with a revolver.
"Somehow... that was not quite as satisfying as I had hoped..." Sherlock commented. He looked more closely. He then became visibly disgusted. "For god sakes... idiots! Get out!"
The white light began to flash again. An evil killer used this opportunity to approach his victim.
He looked and saw that AceofSpaces was already dead. "Fuck!" he cursed.
AceofSpaces has been killed by Zodac. He was Mr. Ibis.
AceofSpaces was already dead when the Manipulators tried to kill him!

That's unfortunate, but I agree with SVS - there wasn't much to go on, and we did pick Aces in the poll :-\
I notice that last time he only changed one of the three targets, who turned out to be (probably) a baddie-killer,
so I'd assume he's only making changes where he's got information we don't.

I don't think there's that much point on blaming the people who voted for Aces either though -
there were no compelling arguments presented for any of the choices yesterday, or I'd have voted them instead.
'Voted to rez Kate' was the only bit of information we had to work with, and nobody thought that was a *solid* lead,
just better than nothing.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:It would be best for me and everyone else if I walk away for a few days and since votes don't matter, I'm voting myself and leave things in Zodak's hands. Hopefully he can choose better than he did last night. Good luck all.
He voted Hedgeowl.
That is odd. I'm reading him as frustrated and unhelpful rather than baddie,
but I'm a bit lost there.

Somehow it just occurred to me that that Juliets attempt last night could have been the bobminion instead of Jack >.<
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Never mind about RIP juliets, apparently :-). And welcome to timmer! I forgot to say so before. Nev, I hope you're wrong about the bobminion, it's comforting to think we have it narrowed to 3.

MP, if the minion tried to kill someone at night would you write that into the story specifically?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Just waiting on MP's response (if he does say yes) to go ahead and vote either BWT or Epi. Other than that I'm probably not gonna be around much this period, I'm headed to Cleveland for an interview right now and get back late Fri.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh! And before I forget. I try to be understanding of rl frustration, but does no one else think BDH is acting weird? Hedge's name is nowhere near his, that seems like an unlikely mistake to me. And he was saying he's definitely absolutely positively civ but can't tell us why and that his vore was being controlled earlier, iirc. Can't pull quotes because phone.

I'm starting to get pinged by it, is all. I'll give BOTD for today I guess, though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Quick notes about bob minion:

N3 - no kill. Received votes D3: bea, bwt, dh, dp, epig, juliets, lizzy, mongoose, llama, vomps
N4 - no kill. Received votes D4: Aces, gleam, bea, bwt, bullz, dp, elo, epig, hedge

Overlap so far: bea, bwt, dp, epig. Can't be dp - we got a role reveal that would have mentioned it.

Now, if last night's attempt was real and bob, all three of those remaining suspects were voted for Day 5.
That leads me to the conclusion that last night's attempt must not have been bob - either it was Jack or a lie.

(I'd appreciate someone going over my lists to make sure I didn't miss anyone - set intersection by hand is error-prone).
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote:Oh! And before I forget. I try to be understanding of rl frustration, but does no one else think BDH is acting weird?
White Queen obstetrics long harrowing BDH was acting weird
He's hieroglyphical phr Dark Leprechaun Kadaj without attention
I Mad Hatter his vlei Shouter scocub that should killing feared
From the senatorship he reacts when verticity name is mentioned
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I wish I'd thought this through last night - I might have voted for bea instead; her self-voting behavior has seemed fishy to me.
I have a suspicion that she's the minion, and self-voting so she doesn't give more evidence that she is.
If she hadn't self voted last night, she would have been the only remaining suspect, and a bob-kill last night would have nailed her down.

She's been muttering about frame jobs - "I'm voting for myself, because this would be the perfect opportunity to frame me", which reads to me as a weak excuse for an action she knows she really has to take. Let me dig up that quote...

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 141#p54141
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Ebwop had he picked someone other than the tip vote better and they turned up civ, I might feel differently, but that is not what happened.

Why are you singling me out for this when many have expressed confidence in Zodiac?
I value your opinion much more on the topic of independents than I would someone else.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Oh! And before I forget. I try to be understanding of rl frustration, but does no one else think BDH is acting weird?
I'll have you know now that you're cursed and we're unable to continue our lovely conversations, you won't be getting my vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I'll have you know now that you're cursed and we're unable to continue our lovely conversations, you won't be getting my vote.
Your words uninured far Grego kind
I
appreciate your Red Bishop hope you LoRab change your Valentine that's not guinde thelostlaurens demanding
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Timmer, I keep forgetting to welcome you every time I post though I'm sure you can forgive me for forgetting last night. So welcome, I'm glad you get to play, we've been talking about your awesome playing when you were Zodac in MOTU so your ears must have been burning.

Also, RIP Aces. I'll miss playing with you in the game and I apologize for misjudging you.

I waited up last night hoping we would have part 2 of the night post but no such luck. I should have known better with Socky at the helm. Question for you guys, would Jack have worn a trench coat and carried a cleaver? I don't know the character so I don't know whether that fits.

On BDH, remember his mother was having surgery yesterday so I agree with something he said which is he probably shouldn't have been on here. I agree that he sounded sincere but like someone else said, the vote for Hedgeowl made no sense - she's not near his name. Anyway, I won't be voting him if I live today.

I need to review the cases on Epig and BWT. All I remember about Epig is that he said inh's name a bunch of times and he tried to get us to consider Zodac in our voting. With BWT it's even worse - I don't remember why people are looking at him. I do remember though that they are both on the short list for minion. If there was a big case made on either of them will someone just tell me who made it and I can pull it up through the quotes. I can read their posts easy enough but a lot of times that doesn't tell the whole story.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

Inserting some thoughts and then I will catch up,
BDH is a wonderful, fantabulous, frustrated civ,
Please don't give up,
I hope you continue to live.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Juliets is alive and well,
The sinister exaggerator is a fibber,
Now she has a chance to burn in hell,
Rather than be killed by Jack the Ripper.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

RIP Aces,
I'm sorry I was wrong,
Go on to better places,
and continue to stay strong.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Llama is insane,
I won't be voting him.
May vote Bird again.
Can't wait to hear from Tim.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RE: Juliets being in the night post -

I am not sure what to take from that. Initially I thought it could be a failed attempt or maybe something to do with the "To be continued" bit, but that does not seem to be the case? If this is the Exaggerator then why was a whole Night Post dedicated to it?

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I didn't think of the exaggerator because I forgot the part about being able to do things beyond death, but that actually makes sense. I don't know though why it's all that's in the night post except that we haven't seen the whole night post yet, only part I.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

RIP Aces. :(

Does anyone find it strange that the Manipulators would choose to kill someone that was receiving the majority of votes in the night poll to be night-lynched?

As for juliets, I am leaning towards her part in the nightpost being fake. If she was a role that auto-rezzed I don't think we'd have seen it written like that. The auto-rezz roles talk about coming back in the subsequent period (so not the same night/day they die/are lynched?).

Also, the first time Nevinera had a kill attempt against him, it was written into night post summary. The second time it wasn't. I'm thinking when it's in the post, but not the summary, then it didn't really happen and is fake.

Since juliets is still on the poll I'm leaning towards that being an exaggeration. If that's true though, does make you wonder why the exaggerator is choosing those people to write about. :ponder:

Since llama is insanified I won't be voting him again today. I'd rather wait until we can understand him to continue that discussion. Question though, which role is doing the insanifying? I know the first time when it was Lizzy and Mongoose that was Media's fault, but I can't tell which role is doing it now (I may be blind and just not seeing it).

I don't think this was discussed already (and apologies if it was) but as long as Delbert doesn't find Jack we can essentially block him from using his secret power. If anyone gets a PM from MP offering them the use of a night kill, they should turn it down. That way Delbert can't control extra kills until he finds Jack (which hopefully doesn't happen).

*Linki with DH* A whole night post wasn't dedicated to it. Just a paragraph. The rest of the night post seemed to be about Aces.

Also, I keep seeing people mentioning the "to be continued" but every night post has had that and the second host post usually tells us which game is the highlighted game for the following day (looks like we're in Hell now [Super Meat Boy]). So I don't think the "to be continued" had anything to do with juliets.

*Linki again* There is a part two.
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Night 5: Welcome to Hell

A foreign landscape emerged from the white space. It was mostly red, and then revealed itself more clearly to the players as they faded back into full consciousness.

"...Are we in hell?" inquired Nevinera. BigDamnHero looked around. He vaguely recognized this from a brief, but painful experience he had with Super Meat Boy before. "Yes, we are in HELL! Nothing could ever be more hell than this!!!"

Devin the Omniscient instead recalled memories of nostalgia. "Hey, Russ, remember when we kicked some major civvie ass in the Meat Boy game?? Larries Lament for the WIN!!!!"

Russtifinko smiled, "Yeah, good times!"

Hedgeowl stared at them, blankly.

It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours to find a villain.

I think this is part 2, juliets..

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Linki'd. :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@FH I went back and re-read the NP after I made the comment that it was dedicated to JC, and saw that it was more 50/50 split between JC/Aces. However I did think it odd at the time, because the consensus is that the exaggerated stuff thusfar has been small in comparison.

ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Nevinera wrote:Quick notes about bob minion:

N3 - no kill. Received votes D3: bea, bwt, dh, dp, epig, juliets, lizzy, mongoose, llama, vomps
N4 - no kill. Received votes D4: Aces, gleam, bea, bwt, bullz, dp, elo, epig, hedge

Overlap so far: bea, bwt, dp, epig. Can't be dp - we got a role reveal that would have mentioned it.

Now, if last night's attempt was real and bob, all three of those remaining suspects were voted for Day 5.
That leads me to the conclusion that last night's attempt must not have been bob - either it was Jack or a lie.

(I'd appreciate someone going over my lists to make sure I didn't miss anyone - set intersection by hand is error-prone).
RIP Aces! Sorry we were wrong about you! :(

I would lean more towards it being a lie, specifically because it was written into the night post, but then MP didn't mention anything about it at the end of his post. If there had been "Juliets survived a kill attempt..." or something similar, I could see it being Jack.

But then again, I would peg that ability to The Sinister Exaggerator. So either someone has a similar ability, was able to copy his, or when AP was killed, his role reveal wasn't true. So I'm not sure where to go with that from here.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

@BWT: The Sinister Exaggerator can keep using their power even after death. That was one of the revealed secrets.

And DH, I need to look back and compare night posts--you may be right but I didn't see juliets as being more than previous potential fake-outs.
ImageImage

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

Devin, I thought you were writing in sarcastic orange at first, which made your posts seem odd to me.

Anyway, I am confident that BDH is civvie, I think he was just feeling RL stress. The Hedge vote is odd, but not really pingy to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:Oh! And before I forget. I try to be understanding of rl frustration, but does no one else think BDH is acting weird? Hedge's name is nowhere near his, that seems like an unlikely mistake to me. And he was saying he's definitely absolutely positively civ but can't tell us why and that his vore was being controlled earlier, iirc. Can't pull quotes because phone.

I'm starting to get pinged by it, is all. I'll give BOTD for today I guess, though.
Dude I've made like 6 posts about how I think he's been acting weird over the last week.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

You know, to me the most interesting difference between the potential fake regarding Nevinera Night 3 and the potential fake regarding juliets last night is that Nevinera's was written as if he evaded a kill attempt and juliets' was written like she'd actually died.

Night 3: Nevinera
MovingPictures07 wrote:Nevinera turned around and followed the content crowd of champions as they looked to find a place to rest for the night. Little did he know he was being followed. A strange figure attempted to murder him, but as always ever alert, Nevinera swiftly turned his body around and kicked the assailant in the groin. The murderer fell to the ground in pain. Nevinera moved on.
Night 5: juliets
MovingPictures07 wrote:juliets was walking down Ripper Street; she had enough of Sherlock and the pressure of finding the murderer. She definitely needed some fresh air. Unfortunately, in the short time she was walking the street, she was ambushed by a shady looking man dressed in a trench coat and deer stalker. He holds out a very large knife, a butcher's cleaver, and says nothing. juliets becomes frozen in horror. He quickly grabs a hold of her, slices her up with his knife, and leaves her corpse on the street, with a smile of blood cut into her face.
I'm not sure what it means, but the targets and details surely mean something.
ImageImage

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:I didn't say anything that terrible :(
Do you think he sounds defensive due to being a wrongly-maligned civvie...or something else? Urk I can't tell.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote:MP, if the minion tried to kill someone at night would you write that into the story specifically?
Good question! :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, don't forget!!
MovingPictures07 wrote:
A GAME OF CHAMPIONS

So what does this mean?

3. Just because you're out doesn't mean it's over.
:feb:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:@FH I went back and re-read the NP after I made the comment that it was dedicated to JC, and saw that it was more 50/50 split between JC/Aces. However I did think it odd at the time, because the consensus is that the exaggerated stuff thusfar has been small in comparison.
MovingPictures is a cool Kat,
Busy being sly and all that,
Think he might have had to skat,
And cut out all the extra fat. :mafia:

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

So happy to be in Meat Boy, lol. Is my home turf. FH, you point out some interesting differences in the night posts, but should we really be reading that much into them? Seems just like a creative range of expression on the part of the host. Unless these differences have actually meant something before.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:
Do you think he sounds defensive due to being a wrongly-maligned civvie...or something else? Urk I can't tell.
SVS is a great gal all the same,
But has a talent to irritate,
Challenging a BDH post that was to defend his name,
I can relate, happened to me twice to date ;)
I'm sure there are bigger reasons outside the frame,
To give SVS most of the blame, would be super lame. :hug:

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Boomslang wrote:So happy to be in Meat Boy, lol. Is my home turf. FH, you point out some interesting differences in the night posts, but should we really be reading that much into them? Seems just like a creative range of expression on the part of the host. Unless these differences have actually meant something before.
Well, if these additions are there because of the sinister exaggerator then I do think we should be paying attention to them, at least somewhat.

Because it makes you wonder why that team has picked Nev and juliets to add fake kill attempts on and why Nev's was written as if he survived but juliets was written as if she died.

Nev survived a Night 1 kill attempt so perhaps they wanted to mimic that and make us think something about Nev that isn't true (e.g. frame him as Big Daddy who is hard to kill). The likely fake kill attempt of Nev coupled with Moriarty's role reveal of Nev as the Big Daddy (Exaggerator and Moriarty are on the same team) makes this a plausible theory in my mind. And we may have started looking more closely at Nev as a result of these two things if we hadn't learned those role secrets.

So what I wonder is this, if they were trying to frame Nev as the Big Daddy then why decide to show a kill of juliets that isn't true? What was their motivation?
ImageImage

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Boomslang wrote:So happy to be in Meat Boy, lol. Is my home turf.
Meat Boy Hell is my home turf,
You won't want to die here, your chances are thin,
The blood of champions will be thick in the surf,
Larries Lament for the motherfucking win!! :feb:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
:(

I don't see what I did that was irritating. I find many people challenging, but I would never call them "irritating".

And challenging peoples positions is the point of the game. You think I am irritating? I can think of a few people no longer playing that would make your hair stand on end.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

S~V~S wrote:And challenging peoples positions is the point of the game. You think I am irritating? I can think of a few people no longer playing that would make your hair stand on end.
Truth. :srsnod:
ImageImage

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Where is my poem? So many incredible things rhyme with "Mongoose," like juice and deuce and spruce and puce.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
:(

I don't see what I did that was irritating. I find many people challenging, but I would never call them "irritating".

And challenging peoples positions is the point of the game. You think I am irritating? I can think of a few people no longer playing that would make your hair stand on end.
I needed some rhymes,
But meant no offenses,
Certain comments during tough times,
Can cause one to raise their defenses.

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

Flyin' High wrote:RIP Aces. :(

Does anyone find it strange that the Manipulators would choose to kill someone that was receiving the majority of votes in the night poll to be night-lynched?

As for juliets, I am leaning towards her part in the nightpost being fake. If she was a role that auto-rezzed I don't think we'd have seen it written like that. The auto-rezz roles talk about coming back in the subsequent period (so not the same night/day they die/are lynched?).

Also, the first time Nevinera had a kill attempt against him, it was written into night post summary. The second time it wasn't. I'm thinking when it's in the post, but not the summary, then it didn't really happen and is fake.

Since juliets is still on the poll I'm leaning towards that being an exaggeration. If that's true though, does make you wonder why the exaggerator is choosing those people to write about. :ponder:

Since llama is insanified I won't be voting him again today. I'd rather wait until we can understand him to continue that discussion. Question though, which role is doing the insanifying? I know the first time when it was Lizzy and Mongoose that was Media's fault, but I can't tell which role is doing it now (I may be blind and just not seeing it).

I don't think this was discussed already (and apologies if it was) but as long as Delbert doesn't find Jack we can essentially block him from using his secret power. If anyone gets a PM from MP offering them the use of a night kill, they should turn it down. That way Delbert can't control extra kills until he finds Jack (which hopefully doesn't happen).

*Linki with DH* A whole night post wasn't dedicated to it. Just a paragraph. The rest of the night post seemed to be about Aces.

Also, I keep seeing people mentioning the "to be continued" but every night post has had that and the second host post usually tells us which game is the highlighted game for the following day (looks like we're in Hell now [Super Meat Boy]). So I don't think the "to be continued" had anything to do with juliets.

*Linki again* There is a part two.
Maybe that team isn't very active and sent the kill in before aces had a lot of votes. Or maybe they were counting on zodac choosing someone else, or perhaps didn't think the poll was basically the equivalent of a lynch. Those are my best guesses. In any case, we lucked out of multiple kills- RIP Aces. :hugs:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

:feb:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

1. Welcome, Timmy! :P I have no idea how I missed this too. :\
2. Devin, I demand a Lizzy stanza. (or else)
3. My vote for Ace had little to do with Kate. It was because of the reason he voted me. I am a bit surprised k. :rip:
4. One insanified and one cursed, thus far at least. All I can think of is the King of Town's smörgåsbord. I was him In Homestar... talk about a role block bonanza. :\
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Flyin' High wrote: I don't think this was discussed already (and apologies if it was) but as long as Delbert doesn't find Jack we can essentially block him from using his secret power. If anyone gets a PM from MP offering them the use of a night kill, they should turn it down. That way Delbert can't control extra kills until he finds Jack (which hopefully doesn't happen).
It didn't actually occur to me that if they didn't send a pm in response, Delbert might not get to do a kill; I think you're right.
And refusing him his extra lynch stop is no small victory either - hopefully delbert won't get any kills except from baddies anymore,
now that we know how he functions.
Flyin' High wrote: I'm not sure what it means, but the targets and details surely mean something.
I doubt it means anything other than that the exaggerator wanted people to believe a different thing this time.
Flyin' High wrote: So what I wonder is this, if they were trying to frame Nev as the Big Daddy then why decide to show a kill of juliets that isn't true? What was their motivation?
I would assume they've given up on the framejob, since nobody's buying it.

The only thing I can think of with juliets is that maybe they were hoping to convince us that the minion got a failed kill last night,
to make us possibly lynch somebody based on voting evidence that wasn't real?
There's not a ton they can accomplish with the exaggerator's power now that we're all aware of it's nature.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

No curse here.
Butt Lizzy my dear,
You're looking quite redd today,
I wouldn't have it any other way, k? :hugs:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”