Jackofhearts2005
No votes
juliets
15%
Michelle
8%
Quin
No votes
I'm running out of villains to name here (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
62%

Total votes: 13
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 239

Re: Girl Genius (Day 1)

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:07 pm I don't see either one as "more likely" bad, as I said I considered them teammates at the time I made my accusation. I'm keeping an open mind until Saturday.
Sloonei thoughts?
Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were asking Sloonei for thoughts about me.
Spoiler: show
Sloonei: :meany:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 225

Re: Girl Genius (Day 0)

Post by Dom »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:28 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:04 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:43 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:26 pm[VOTE: nova] aubergine
Careful now.
Am I supposed to be scared of you?
Y'all newbies don't know that I could eat you for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
You're sweating. Relax.
lol
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:29 pm Wayward quote tags.
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:21 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:07 pm I don't see either one as "more likely" bad, as I said I considered them teammates at the time I made my accusation. I'm keeping an open mind until Saturday.
Sure.
I think the "fellow civillian" line was suspicious in its own right. What do you think? For me, it was very...
Fixed your image. ;)

I don't know. It could be more like:

In all seriousness, the thing that grosses me out over that isn't "fellow civilian," but rather the existence of the quotation marks.

The entire exchange doesn't add up, and if timmer is innocent, Rej tipped his hand there.
I absolutely agree.
I just think rej is the stronger candidate.
Tie them up?
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:30 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:21 pm
Sure.
I think the "fellow civillian" line was suspicious in its own right. What do you think? For me, it was very...
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:07 pm Dom, I didn't answer your question because it seemed as though you were grilling me over a point that I did not make.
...cool excuse you've used twice now.
I'm not interested in your dodges. I'm interested in answers.
We can be motivated to believe sig because he might be town. sig's reputation as an easy mislynch candidate is thoroughly documented. Tempering our natural inclination to suspect him for doing sig things on Day 1 feels more wise than jumping down his throat for doing sig things on Day 1.

I have not made an argument for or against the suspicion of sig for his preemptive meta defense. I don't care about it one way or the other. I don't think it makes him look bad, I think it makes him look like sig. I believe this now qualifies as an argument against the suspicion.
Dragomir brought up a point on Day 0. I provided an opposing viewpoint.

Why does this matter so much to you?

holy linki
It doesn't.
It matters that you have avoided answering direct questions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epi-- I think it speaks volumes they're voting for each other.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dragomir »

Why is my name being brought up so much?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Timmer was cool as a cucumber after garnering the votes he did. I have to think about that. It's been a while for me with him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to move over to Creature for now. See how that feels.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei thoughts?
Am I being asked for my thoughts, or is Epi being asked for his thoughts about me?

I have not given much thought to the Timmer/Rej relationship. It exists. I'm not usually in the habit of looking for potential partnerships on Day 1. I've never played with Rej before and timmer is a player who I usually am able to get a good grasp on in the middle stages of games.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

As I've said often, lynching Sloonei Day 1 is -EV.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 308

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:36 pm
Sloonei thoughts?
Am I being asked for my thoughts, or is Epi being asked for his thoughts about me?

I have not given much thought to the Timmer/Rej relationship. It exists. I'm not usually in the habit of looking for potential partnerships on Day 1. I've never played with Rej before and timmer is a player who I usually am able to get a good grasp on in the middle stages of games.
I was asking for your thoughts but I mean more thoughts is always good (though Epi’s was just :meany:)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:37 pm As I've said often, lynching Sloonei Day 1 is -EV.
I’m going for this route next time I’m scum I think I’m gonna have a slight vendetta for a while.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:38 pm
Sloonei thoughts?

I was asking for your thoughts but I mean more thoughts is always good (though Epi’s was just :meany:)
I was making fun of Sloonei because he said something similar earlier (not making fun of you).
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:37 pm As I've said often, lynching Sloonei Day 1 is -EV.
I’m going for this route next time I’m scum I think I’m gonna have a slight vendetta for a while.
How do you mean?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

what is ~EV?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:42 pmwhat is ~EV?
Negative expected value. Sloonei is a strong contributor to any town and day 1 lynches aren’t reliable. You lose a lot more than any chance to gain on a positive lynch.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:42 pmwhat is ~EV?
Negative expected value.

It's an investing term. In a nutshell as it relates to Mafia, what I mean is that lynching Sloonei Day 1 will be a big net loss long term because he's an active, thoughtful participant, but he is also one that I find is more easily sorted as things play out. Let him live early (unless something obvious happens), but feel free to put him through the wringer at any point. I hope that makes sense.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

oooh we use expected value in mafia these days?
the mathematician in me just freaked. :#
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:41 pm
Sloonei thoughts?

I was making fun of Sloonei because he said something similar earlier (not making fun of you).
I got it we’re good

At the other one- I will try to kill Sloonei early when I am scum because I am now permanently scared of him.

To further the point to Dom, if scum wants to kill Sloonei on average early, the town does not want to kill Sloonei on average early
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:53 pm oooh we use expected value in mafia these days?
:nicenod:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:53 pm oooh we use expected value in mafia these days?
This is the future now ever since Moneyball was released on Blu-ray and I watched it 20 times everything’s just seemed like a big math problem.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:53 pm
Sloonei thoughts?

I got it we’re good

At the other one- I will try to kill Sloonei early when I am scum because I am now permanently scared of him.

To further the point to Dom, if scum wants to kill Sloonei on average early, the town does not want to kill Sloonei on average early
idk what i even did to you, i am harmless :scared:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by timmer »

sig wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 pm I think both Drag abd Sloonie are mafia and this back and forth is a conspiracy. Feels very manufactured.
So I decided to read up on this Dragomir guy since I don't know him and I like his style. I notice that he tangled with Sig, so I'll comment on this... Sig has taken pains to come up swinging with the "I always look bad" thing, and he is absolutely correct in his self-read, even I remember this. But then Sig goes and says things that just... seem shady, like the above. I'd love to hear how this feels like a conspiracy, I don't see it at ALL. And furthur... even though he is correct in his meta read, I'd actually that he seems... bad, lol.
My siggie.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:57 pm
Sloonei thoughts?

I got it we’re good

you’re scary
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:59 pm

Sloonei thoughts?

I got it we’re good

you’re scary
When I'm bad, I might leave him alive to toy with him. :dark:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

guys lol i am literally a math teacher i get expected value. :p
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:03 am guys lol i am literally a math teacher i get expected value. :p
Well we’re not math teachers so we are qualified to over explain this concept to you as far as I can tell.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:09 pm
Rej wrote:why you voting timmer now, you just pointed out he and me could be team mates
lol yeah basically my reaction

[VOTE: rej] aubergine

(disclaimer: I am not caught up past that post, I've just had the most goddamn stressful evening ever and I won't be done freaking out until Sunday when moving is ideally all done but will try to keep up on the thread to the best of my ability)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:31 pm I do not agree with Owner’s grievance against Tony, but I think she looks very town because of it.
My thoughts exactly
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

caught up for now. right now I heavily suspect Rej and about 50/50 on whether timmer is his teammate or a townie that he tried to buddy with that awkward post.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:22 pm
Rej wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:15 pm i mean, is that the only reason? I would like to hear more on why the vote...
I have no reason except what I posted. Do I need anything further to vote in the beginning of Day 1?

Why are you worried about my timmer vote? Your vote is there too. :mafia:
He knows his suspicion is genuine. He can't say the same about yours. You should know that.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 pm It doesn't need to be Tony if you can provide me an alternative person to put on check.
You're diminishing any value your vote has with crap like this. Do you actually believe in your vote at all? Or is it for shits and giggles?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Oreki
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oreki »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:37 pm
Oreki wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:38 am Wow. I am actually reading Nova town lol

Hi, Hope to have a nice game with you all
Why does this read exist and why is it a surprise? Does an answer to this question already exist? Should I finish reading before I make posts?
Not really, It just I town read him, I usually don't town read players this early and Nova post come out as if he's relaxed, hence only town can play being that relax even for DP0
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dragomir »

Oreki wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:48 am

Why does this read exist and why is it a surprise? Does an answer to this question already exist? Should I finish reading before I make posts?
Not really, It just I town read him, I usually don't town read players this early and Nova post come out as if he's relaxed, hence only town can play being that relax even for DP0
Nova is always relaxed.
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Dragomir wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:53 am
Oreki wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:48 am

Nova is always relaxed.
Well, you do know it's basically my first game with Nova along with that other game. And I find him kinda relax here... compare to that one or the one that I have read on OJ as his scum play.
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

I am catching up to thread btw
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:03 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:59 pm

I got it we’re good

you’re scary
When I'm bad, I might leave him alive to toy with him. :dark:
If you're not taking town Sloonei to LYLO you're not playing scum correctly.
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

I need some help with the forum use, of course i can play with it myself to figure it but on mobile is harder.

How can i refresh the page to see the posts?
How can i vote?
How can i see the posts made by a player?

I will maybe ask other silly things connected with the forum use ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Michelle wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:12 am I need some help with the forum use, of course i can play with it myself to figure it but on mobile is harder.

How can i vote?

1. I just have a refresh button on my phone. You probably do too?

2. There's a multiple choice poll at the top of each page - select one and submit. If you want to indicate it in text ie [VOTE: Quin] aubergine (pls no) then make your post using the full editor button instead of quick reply, and select the 'vote' button in that list of text options at the top. Type the name of your vote in between the tags that show up.

3. On the left side of each post where profiles are, press "Isolated Posts by...".
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Quin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:24 am
Michelle wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:12 am I need some help with the forum use, of course i can play with it myself to figure it but on mobile is harder.

How can i vote?

1. I just have a refresh button on my phone. You probably do too?

2. There's a multiple choice poll at the top of each page - select one and submit. If you want to indicate it in text ie [VOTE: Quin] aubergine (pls no) then make your post using the full editor button instead of quick reply, and select the 'vote' button in that list of text options at the top. Type the name of your vote in between the tags that show up.

3. On the left side of each post where profiles are, press "Isolated Posts by...".
Thanks ^^
I don't find the refresh button but i discovered that the postnumber is a link so if i press it the page is reloaded and i think i have a mobile friendly view which doesn't show the left side of the posts but i will search this on PC later

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:36 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:32 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:10 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:52 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:57 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:32 pm This looks boring.
Wanna play chess?
1. d4
2. d5
chess inside mafia? that's nice.
Long con wants to divert the attention elsewhere though..
I clicked on Michelle’s name because she’s one of a few who I have not played with before. This is her only on-topic post. It’s super cherrypicked and a little arbitrary.

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
o/ i remember your name though but i don't recall if it was in a game or in other thread at MU being linked with Soneji's name because it's similar

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

skimming and reading i like Nova's tone a lot

Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:47 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:46 pm Anyone up to try big wagons?
Sloonei
Sure

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

We can test that anyway.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Quin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:42 am
Creature wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 pm It doesn't need to be Tony if you can provide me an alternative person to put on check.
You're diminishing any value your vote has with crap like this. Do you actually believe in your vote at all? Or is it for shits and giggles?
Yes, I do believe my vote. Like, I wouldn't vote for someone I believe has a decent town equity. If I'm voting someone, it is because I can easily see that person being non-town.

Also, I don't votepark on a pet scumread. Usually that ends in a: what player ends looking the most annoying? rather than real non-town. We make wagons so we get to tell something about them and also prevent day stagnancy.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:21 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:19 pm
sig wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 am Epi and Mac are still just messing around which is normal, but I'm expecting some weird ass shit from one of them soon.
Why just one? :grin:
Because the other is his scum buddy.
:shifty:

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:04 pm
sig wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:30 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:25 pm
Someone else referring to your meta is not.
But, I don't think there's anyone called someone else playing this game. :(
get out.
:keys:
timmer wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:58 pm
sig wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 pm I think both Drag abd Sloonie are mafia and this back and forth is a conspiracy. Feels very manufactured.
So I decided to read up on this Dragomir guy since I don't know him and I like his style. I notice that he tangled with Sig, so I'll comment on this... Sig has taken pains to come up swinging with the "I always look bad" thing, and he is absolutely correct in his self-read, even I remember this. But then Sig goes and says things that just... seem shady, like the above. I'd love to hear how this feels like a conspiracy, I don't see it at ALL. And furthur... even though he is correct in his meta read, I'd actually that he seems... bad, lol.
This isn;t shady at all it's an observation due to their interaction early game. I'll be highlighting what I saw earlier today.

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] Do you have any recent scum games on TS I can take a look at?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I agree with this and he hasn't done anything that truly raises my suspicion.

Juliet is playing like she always does, I don't see fakeness in her welcome post, but she can still have been being honest about welcoming them and be mafia. Basically what I'm saying is that post doesn't mean much to me it's a null post that I'd just void.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 192
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:39 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:34 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:13 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Oh no, you know how I hate those. I can't tell squat from a first post.
This is maybe a more subtle version of explaining meta but if we’re judging the lot I think this is just as noteworthy.
Tony I don't understand what you mean by this.
I think it’s a very interesting point, but not one about you.

One of our first major topics of conversation was sig’s preemptive meta description. A few people (Dragomir is the one I distinctly remember) got in his face about it.

You did something in the same ballpark, but not exactly the same as what sig did. I would like to hear what those people who complained about sig have to say about you here.
Huh? I have a running complaint with nova that he likes to see first impression reads from people and I am not a believer that that tactic works for me. How is that similar to sig giving a meta read on himself?
Because you are telling us all about your meta.
I noted that. fyi.

juliets-- pick two people you think are teammates, pls. juliets
It's too early for me to pick teammates but if you're asking me GTH I think timmer and Rej. Epi's analysis of timmer's post times was helpful and I also wonder how timmer could have posted in Day 0 if he had not read anything posted in that day (he responded to Owner). Rej's "my civilian way" sounded off, why add that to a sentence? And then to top it off he voted for timmer because of his "read the 4 pages" answer which seemed like an overreaction or an excuse to put a vote on a teammate.

That's my feeling at the moment.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 192
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I am leaning town on nova. He is posting a lot early, offering opinions, getting people to talk, and doing his first impression reads which I consider as hallmarks of his civ game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hello, just want you guys to know that I won't be around much this weekend. Food truck event all day Fri-Sat-Sun, I may pop in on my phone if it's not busy.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:26 pmSo Long Con, haven’t seen you much yet this game. What are your thoughts thusfar?
Haven't read the last few pages yet. I saw Michelle tried to shade me for the chess, and Dom said he'd vote for me if it continued... those things are sketchy to me, chess isn't alignment-indicative. I don't really have a solid opinion on most people at this time.

1. d4 d5
2. e4 dxe4
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epi is being odd this game, he's usually done some oddball move or asked some weird question to gauge people, that hasn't happened and it's making me nervous. I can't recall last time I saw scum Epi, but from what I remember he didn't do that as a mafia member. Can anyone confirm this?
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”